There is less time until the day we gather around the Christmas tree to discover the Christmas presents. The joy, enthusiasm, and impatience on everyone's faces set in, slowly, as the long-awaited winter holiday approaches. If you are always ready to receive Santa's gifts, the position of the giver is a little more difficult because it involves choosing an inspired gift that will bring delight in the life of the recipient.
That's why we have prepared a list of ideas to inspire you to opt for the cutest and most inspired gifts, but also to save you from the queue and the endless crowd around Christmas Eve.
The secret of choosing a Christmas present
How can you choose a Christmas gift that really surprises you? Perhaps this is the greatest ambiguity of the giver under the Christmas tree. There is a simple solution that will bring you closer to the perfect gift for Christmas. Try to see the gift as an opportunity to send a message to your loved one, not just as an object.
This way you can think about what you would like to express through the gift offered and then choose the right gift. Get inspired by our proposals and you will definitely impress.
When is the best time to buy Christmas presents?
Although many believe that it is too early to prepare for Christmas presents, the sooner the better. This way you have time to document and even purchase gifts to get rid of them. We advise you to follow the Black Friday offers and the discount periods in gift shops at affordable prices.
It would not be advisable to wait to buy Christmas presents for the last hundred meters, when the hustle and bustle is everywhere, the crowds and queues are endless.
Where do you find the ideal Christmas present the fastest?
Many people prefer to walk through the shops, where they have the opportunity to test and admire the objects they are going to give away. However, congestion can be unpleasant, and commotion between districts can be tiring. What's more, the gifts are the same, they don't have that special note of personality and special, unique gift.
To avoid the chaos of the shops and the queue, try to avoid the malls and choose the variants in the online stores. You have a lot of solutions that meet all areas of interest and provide you with special gifts, which you do not always find on store shelves.
How do we make sure we receive the gifts we want to give on time?
If you choose to order the Christmas gift online you will need to make sure that you do so ahead of time. Even two months in advance you can choose what you are going to give away to avoid the inconvenience of delaying your order. It is known that during the holidays the courier companies have a very busy schedule, and the delivery time can be difficult.
Check on the site where you are going to place the order the date the package will arrive and calculate your time so that you fit. Don't forget to organize yourself in advance so that you can place your gifts under the tree.
If you already have a list ready, choose to go to the stores where your gifts appear to be in stock and pick them up in person, especially if they appear to be in limited stock.
Opt for cash on delivery to make sure you have the time you need.
Handmade gift ideas
We like to delight our loved ones with special, unique gifts that best express the gratitude, love and desire to see a smile on their face. Therefore, handmade gifts can be a nice, unique and special option to place under the tree.
- Maybe Santa is not so good and needs a little help, so you can opt for sites with handmade products. You have a variety of options, from handmade jewelry, only good to offer to ladies and gentlemen, to food such as honey or traditional drinks, or clothes made with care and care.
- But if you want a truly unique gift, try to be inspired by the tutorials on the internet, where you can find easy-to-make solutions, funny gifts and put them into practice. Make a miniature fir from tea bags on a stand such as a thermos or a cup, the ideal gift for lovers of hot drinks in winter.
- Fill a transparent jar with candies of different colors and decorate everything with ribbons in tune with the holiday, or paint a globe to create a personalized gift with sentimental value.
- You have a lot of simple but effective options. You will give as a gift a part of your effort and you will surely enjoy your loved one with your gesture.
Gift ideas for boyfriend or husband
Men have a lot of hobbies that can inspire you to choose the perfect gift for Christmas.
- Do you know that your boyfriend is a big fan of a football team? Maybe a ball signed with the autographs of the footballers, or a personalized shirt with his name on the equipment of the favorite player would impress him.
- Great gadget lovers, men love everything electronic. Maybe a smart watch or a new PlayStation console will make him give you thousands of hugs. Choose a camera if you are passionate about photography or even a pair of new headphones for a music lover. Watch them on Black Friday to cut costs a little.
- A leather accessory will always express elegance, and a handbag or a wallet are always useful in a man's life.
- Clothing items will be especially appreciated by those who are not used to spending time in stores. An elegant shirt or maybe a warm pajama, or a pair of cute socks will be a perfect gift for him for Christmas. Make sure everything is nicely packaged to keep the excitement of the moment.
- Alcohol is undeniable by the hard sex. Opt for an old whiskey bottle or maybe a good wine or a personalized beer mug with winter patterns.
Gift ideas for girlfriend or wife
The ladies are always easy to impress with any beautiful gesture, made from the heart. They know how to appreciate a personalized, unique and special gift, as well as the usual gifts they like. Think about what you would like to convey to the woman in your life and choose one of our proposals.
- A good book will be an ideal gift during the winter holidays, when the ladies need a little relaxation in their lives. Choose a bestseller or maybe a novel by your favorite author. Don't forget to leave a memory on the front page, as it used to be, to add sentimental value to the gift.
- Cosmetic kits are ideal for a makeup and body care enthusiast. Opt for a box with different quality cosmetics, maybe with holiday flavors, cinnamon and gingerbread, to introduce it even more into the Christmas atmosphere.
- A garment is always well received by the fair sex, who often do not have enough clothes. Choose a warm sweater in your favorite shades or a set of gloves and a hat so that this winter you are not afraid of the cold.
- Perfume is a valuable accessory in a woman's life, that's why it's a prized gift. It is good to go safe, because the tastes and especially the smells in this case are different, so find out in advance what you would like. Either you go for a walk through a specialty store and test, or you ask your friends. She will be really surprised to see that you have made an effort to discover your favorite perfume.
- Do you really want to impress her? Then buy a ticket to the theater or one to an exotic vacation, where you can escape the cold of winter. Wouldn't it be a fabulous surprise to pack your bags for Christmas and change the meridian?
Gift ideas for girls
Choosing an ideal Christmas present can be a challenge for future brides. It is the age at which preferences begin to be defined, and you can easily confuse them. Go on our hand and opt for one of the proposed gifts to impress even the most pretentious little girl.
- A piggy bank is the perfect reason to teach an economics lesson to your little one. He will surely start dreaming about the thing he will buy with the money raised. As your wallets or purses are not offered empty, make sure you give them a boost and place a banknote to encourage the habit of saving.
- An album of your favorite band and you are already on the list of the dearest people in the life of a teenager. Find out in advance what her preferences are and create a complete gift, perhaps adding a personalized t-shirt and a concert ticket if possible. A music lover will appreciate your gift.
- A diary with nice covers will be the perfect gift for a literature enthusiast, who will be able to write down her memories in a personal album. Along with a best-selling novel as inspiration, the little one will perhaps begin to discover her passion for letters.
- At a time when selfies are all the rage, he is offering a Polaroid camera as a gift to a kid. Maybe it's old-fashioned but it will be a special and spectacular gift, with which you help her keep her fondest memories.
- Girls are also future ladies, that's why any accessory is appreciated. You can opt for a bag specific to his age, or maybe a discreet and cute bracelet or a necklace with a pendant that fits his personality.
Gift ideas for boys
Boys are easier to impress, and everything is easy if the gift contains a car, obviously with age. To avoid the banal you can choose one of our proposals as the perfect gift for a Christmas boy:
- A snowboard will be ideal for a boy who loves winter sports. You can also plan a trip on the slope to test the new gift and the surprise is already doubled.
- Maybe the kid is a romantic, in love with music and dreaming of his own musical instrument. Give him a guitar or maybe an organ, depending on his passions, and give him a chance to practice his virtuosity.
- Gadgets are also one of the boys' passions, so you certainly won't go wrong with a pair of modern headphones or a new PlayStation game.
- Have you been dreaming of a pair of branded sneakers for a long time or maybe an adult watch? Fulfill his wish this Christmas and make sure that the item of clothing or accessory is in tune with the kid's preferences.
- Encourage him to exercise and give him a bike suitable for his age, only good for walking in the park on his first date or outings with the gang.
Gift ideas for children
The little ones are attracted to toys and sweet treats so it won't take too much hassle to find the right gift for them. Make a list of preferences according to the sex of the child and don't forget to add a sweet surprise at the end.
- A board game is the perfect gift that brings all your loved ones together. What greater joy to have in a child's life than to spend quality time with his family. Opt for a catchy theme that will provoke both adults and children, to arouse laughter and "wars". Monopoly, Don't be upset brother or Catan is among the preferences of those who love board games.
- An original car or maybe a doll is a safe way to enjoy the face of a boy or a girl. If it also features accessories such as wheels or spare clothes, you will be really rewarded with warm hugs.
- Christmas-themed clothes are often loved by babies' parents. Give as a gift a complete set that turns the little one into a cute reindeer or maybe a snowman and enjoy capturing them in memorable photos.
- A storybook will be able to become the favorite of the little one at night. Choose one with a Christmas theme to complete the moment and help with the festive atmosphere before bed.
- Sporting goods are always loved by such energetic children. Maybe a new scooter, a ball or a mini trampoline will make the dwarf jump with joy.
Gift ideas for parents or in-laws
When it comes to Christmas gifts for the closest family members, we try to choose the best options that will impress our parents or in-laws. Depending on their passions and the things they know they lack, you can opt for a perfect holiday gift inspired by our list of proposals:
- Traditional baskets with goodies meet the preferences of everyone in the family. Whether we are talking about my mother's passion for cakes or my father's passion for good wine, a basket with everything will only be good to share with all my loved ones.
- Do you like personalized gifts? Choose mugs with different holiday figurines, full of delicious sweets and maybe add a set of decorative pillows for mother-in-law, or a pair of warm slippers for father-in-law.
- Are your fans passionate about the culinary sphere? Give your mom a new set of kitchen utensils or maybe the cake tray she dreamed of and a set of cheeses for your father or father-in-law. With a good wine or champagne you will complete the perfect gift for your Christmas family.
- A personalized frame with your photo will bring immense joy on the faces of your family members, being a gift with a clear sentimental value.
- The best gift you can give your parents is to spend time together. Organize a trip with all your family and surprise them with the news of their luggage for departure. No matter where you are, you will enjoy the quality time you once spent, remember your childhood, and discover how funny even the elderly can be.
Gift ideas for friends
Part of everyone's free time is spent with close friends, either by going out for coffee or on the phone. We share with them our thoughts, desires, and events that have marked us in one way or another. And that's how we discover their interests and desires, which makes it easier for us to buy them gifts when the opportunity arises. Regardless of the occasion, pay attention to what your friends share with you and when you want to give them a gift, but even so, you are not sure of your choice, you can make subtle games to find out if they would be happy to receive it.
- Give him an experience. Maybe your friend has been stressed with work lately and all he wants is to relax for at least a day. The best way to relax is through a massage in a SPA center or through a beauty treatment, in which you are completely pampered. Another experience is trying a new sport, for those who are active and eager for something new, such as an hour of squash, golf or table tennis. The most generous can even offer a subscription to a dance, painting, yoga class or whatever you think would be of interest to that friend. Going to the theater or to the concert of your favorite band are also experiences that will surely bring him joy.
- Clothing accessories. You can't go wrong with clothing accessories, as long as you know your friend's tastes, because buying them doesn't require you to know the measure. Depending on your budget, you have a wide range of accessories, from scarves, cufflinks, gloves, to leather wallets or watches.
- Jewelry. Jewelry doesn't necessarily mean you have to buy diamonds or gold, especially when it comes to friends. Depending on your friend's style, you can opt for handmade jewelry, extremely original, minimalist or statement silver jewelry and the list goes on. If your boyfriend is a man, a leather bracelet, a more masculine chain or maybe even some rings, in case you saw him wearing it, can be inspired choices.
- Decorations and crockery. Another gift idea for friends, which is generally well received, are the decorations and here are many objects for all tastes, such as wall paintings, plates with a special design, vases or mugs with funny messages. Another option would be a photo of the two of you from a special moment to frame.
- Books. As each person has a passion or an interest, it would certainly be enough to receive a book in that field, on which you can leave a beautiful message inside. A cookbook or about gastronomy, a successful novel, a book of design, photography or architecture and why not, a motivational book, all will bring joy to your friend, as long as you go straight to the target.
Christmas gift ideas for grandparents
Grandparents are usually those loved ones in our lives who did all the work for us when we stayed with them during the summer holidays and took care of us while our parents were away. When the time comes to give them a Christmas present, we can show our respect and admiration for what they have done for us throughout our lives.
- The box of memories. There is nothing more pleasing to grandparents than remembering the beautiful moments in their lives. Go for the classic, old-school version and gather all the photos with you, your loved ones in the family and go to a photo lab to print them, then put them in a wooden box or in a photo album. Add a small letter in which you express your feelings towards them and you will get a gift that goes straight to the heart.
- Kitchenware and utensils. It is known that grandparents were always the ones who pampered us with pies, soup with dumplings and dishes that you will always associate with childhood. That's why you can give your grandmother a kitchen apron to personalize, a home appliance that would make her job easier, a hand-sewn tablecloth or a set of ceramic pots.
- An outing to the theater or concert. Like us, in fact, every time we remember the actors or the songs that marked our youth, our face lights up instantly. Choose a classic play with the actors of their generation or look for a concert by a singer from those times and go with them. Not only will they enjoy the moment, but they will also enjoy your presence.
- Objects that sustain their passions or pleasures. Like everyone else, your grandparents have certain passions that they probably haven't cultivated before, but you can help them do that. Some novels by successful authors, a pot with a special plant, gardening accessories, a Rummy game can be inspired ideas. At the same time, if your grandparents love chocolate, tea, coffee or wine, you can give them as a gift one of these products, but from a special collection or one that is more difficult to access, because of the quality.
Christmas gift ideas for godparents
Godparents and grandchildren occupy special places in the lives of many of us, and if you have a close family, you will surely end up meeting during the holidays. They are spiritual parents to us, and through the gifts we offer, we show our respect for them and the love we have for them.
- Clothing items and accessories. A tie with a more special pattern, a fine shirt, a pair of gloves or a warm sweater are suitable gifts in the middle of winter, with which I go safely, because it is harder not to guess the size of the person who will wear that gift.
- A basket of goodies. It is a gift that will always be a useful one, because those goodies do not remain uneaten and satisfy everyone's desires. You can choose the contents of the basket according to your budget and the preferences of your godparents - from the assortment of wine, to the type of chocolate cake or anything else inside.
- Cosmetics and care products. In order not to reach an area where you do not want, when you choose to offer cosmetics as a gift, turn your attention to some more luxurious or artisanal, with special flavors and avoid those in supermarkets, which anyone normally buys them.
- Homewear. Usually, we end up wearing defective or old clothes at home, which we no longer wear on the street, and we rarely indulge in items specially designed for the interior. Warm slippers, a bathrobe or nightgown, pajamas or a fluffy sweater are welcome at any time, especially in winter.
- Interior decorations. If you want to give a common gift and not complicate yourself with some for each godfather or fine individual, turn your attention to the interior decorations, especially those for the living room or bedroom. A wall clock with an interesting design, a set of cutlery, tables, aromatherapy accessories or a warm blanket, good to use when lying on the couch, does not spoil any home.
Christmas gift ideas for teachers
When the holidays are approaching, the time comes when either because it is necessary or because we feel we have to do it out of respect, to pay attention to the teachers, either individually or in groups, together with the whole class.
- A box of pralines and a specialty coffee. A classic gift, which can sweeten even the most severe teacher, literally. When it comes to Belgian pralines, age is irrelevant, because everyone enjoys such attention. And the chocolate matches perfectly with a coffee taken from a specialty store, which is rarer, which can be prepared with a filter or ibiric.
- An agenda and a pen. Another classic gift, perhaps the most suitable for a teacher, because it is extremely useful for his daily notes. Opt for a more special diary, with a leather cover or a model representative of the teacher, and accompany it with a collection pen.
- A complete set of coffee cups. If your teacher does not drink coffee, the cups will certainly be useful for tea. Choose a cup service with teaspoons in a special design, elegant and preferably made of fine porcelain and they will not remain unappreciated.
- Buttons or brooches. An old-style gift that will be noticed by older teachers, especially if you choose a silver model, possibly with semi-precious stones or simply a model with an authentic design.
- A collectible book. Either you can opt for a book on a fairly general topic, such as a book about a country with spectacular images and well-chosen information, or for a book on the field of that teacher, which may be new or more difficult to access.
Secret Santa gift ideas for colleagues
Secret Santa is one of the most anticipated moments at work, which awakens the fun or joy of your colleagues and challenges you to get to know those with whom you share the same job better.
- A set of funny socks. In the cold season, socks are welcome and prove to be extremely useful and when you choose a nice model, you can't help but make your colleague smile. Choose a colorful model or some with a nice print, such as flamingo, avocado, cars, etc.
- A game. A game is always useful at home, especially in winter, when all the meetings take place indoors. Go to a store and choose one of the dozens of games available for adults, such as Monopoly, Catan, Carcassonne, etc.
- Christmas decorations. As Christmas is approaching, but the Christmas tree is about to be made, you can give your colleague some special Christmas decorations as a gift, which will beautify the Christmas tree and prove useful every year.
- A comic product. Opt for fragrant body creams, beard creams or other types of handmade cosmetics, which will not go unnoticed.
- A personalized mug and a packet of tea or coffee. Find or personalize a mug with a funny message that you think would suit your office colleague and accompany it with a fruit tea from a teahouse or maybe a specialty coffee.
Christmas gift ideas under 10$
There are certain people to whom you would like to give something as a gift, but the budget does not allow you to make everyone happy with extravagant gifts. But, as the gesture counts, there are always gift ideas for small budgets, such as those with a maximum of 10$.
- A book. In terms of books, you will always find some highly appreciated ones. Look for the offers and think about the field that the person who will receive the gift as a gift is attracted to. If you don't know exactly, mix it up with bestsellers or award-winning books.
- A pair of earrings or a bracelet. There are many shops in malls where you can find extremely nice and tasteful templates at very good prices.
- A scarf. A very useful accessory in winter and not at all expensive, which can be found in almost all fashion stores. Choose that person's favorite color or opt for a neutral color that suits any outfit.
- A T-shirt with a message or print. The stores come with hundreds of T-shirt designs with interesting messages for both men and women. Depending on your taste, choose a T-shirt with a cool, slightly minimalist message or one with a special print.
- A bottle of wine or sweets. Go to the shops and consult with a specialist from the wine district, who can make very good recommendations, depending on your budget and preferences. If you want to choose sweets, instead, you have the option to buy the person's favorite sweets, with which to fill a whole box or to go for a fine chocolate, a box of cookies or candies in an elegant package.
Regardless of your choice and where you decide to buy your gifts for this Christmas, don't forget to keep in mind what you want to convey to your loved ones. Whether you are feeling a sense of gratitude, you want to prove your love or you just want to see those close to you smiling, your gesture will be appreciated if it is made from the heart.
Do you remember what Christmas gift all the children wanted 30 years ago? Here are 30 pictures of the most popular gifts from the 80's and 90's
Are you still humming the song "What is Love" or "Smells Like Teen Spirit"? Do you still enjoy watching American movies like Titanic, Jurassic Park or Pulp Fiction and series like The Simpsons or The X-Files? Are you still laughing at the jokes in Seinfield? Do you still miss the lifestyle and fashion of 30 years ago? It is clear then, you are a NOSTALGIC after the 90's. In that decade, most millennials today were children, and their parents, from generation X, lived their youth in these noisy years and started their marriage.
3.Atari video comupter
The 1990s began with the collapse of the Soviet Union and communism. The victorious United States began to establish its supremacy globally. They showed the whole world how to live to the fullest. The 1990s were characterized by the rise of multiculturalism and the alternative press. Genres of music such as electronica and hip-hop have begun to gain attention. New technologies such as cable television and the Internet have expanded. What was it like to live as an ordinary citizen in 90's America? What were the most significant events of the decade?
The '90s were the decade of irrational exuberance: everyone connected, the war became technological, and they all became reality-show stars. As the' 90s progress, America is increasingly divided, but young rappers earn millions of dollars singing about street life. Discover the '90s obsession with sex, celebrity and reality TV, from the Bill Clinton scandals to the MTV show "The Real World" or the Friends series.
In the 1990s, the 16-bit Super Nintendo Entertainment System was launched in the United States, hosting games from famous franchises such as The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Mario, Star Fox or F-Zero.
In terms of movies, that years you could watch in theaters movies like The Bodyguard (starring Kevin Costner), Home Alone 2 Lost in the New York, Lethal Weapon 3, Batman Returns, Scent of the Woman with Al Pacino, the movie western by Oscar Unforgiven (with Clint Eastwood, Richard Harris, Morgan Freeman, Gene Hackman) or the Aladdin animation. The Roseanne series (starring actress Roseanne Barr) that addresses the lives of the working class and ordinary Americans has captured 40 million viewers.
6.Super Mario 2
9.Nintendo and Tv
As for the music, you could listen to the album The Chronic released by rapper Dr. Dre or songs like End of the Road (Boz II Men), Baby Got Back (Sir Mix-a-Lot, Jump (Kris Kross), Save the Best for Last (Vanessa Williams), I'm Too Sexy (Right Said Fred), Black or White (Michael Jackson).
Also in those years, Microsoft released Windows 95 which included programs such as Microsoft Backup, Explorer, Microsoft Paint, Windows Defrag, Windows Minesweeper, Windows Scandisk, Windows Solitaire and Windows Sound Recorder. Corporations, but also individuals, would become increasingly dependent on the operating system created by Bill Gates. It was the time when nerds took revenge.
11.One more Nintendo
12.Happy kids from 90s
In the 1990s, Apple co-founder and CEO Steve Jobs unveiled the iMac, a range of desktop-type Macintosh computers. Google Inc. was founded on September 4. in Menlo Park, California, by Standford University PhD students Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
In theaters, the Star Wars series was back in force with the first film in the trilogy that addresses the character of Anakin Skywalker - Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. But at the same time, against the background of global digitalization, a new and innovative film had appeared in cinemas - The Matrix, the film that addressed the idea that humanity was a virtual illusion. Thanks to the Internet, more and more ordinary citizens have allowed themselves to become speculators on stock exchanges, making a fortune from it.
14.Genesis Star Wars
The year 1999 ended with a general panic. It was believed that in 2000 the end of the world would come due to a virus, Y2K, a computer error that could format and store calendar data. The virus, once it affected all computers, could have taken control of computers in power plants, banks, airports, military bases and nuclear missile launchers. The federal government has even invested millions of dollars in preventing it. In the end, nothing happened, and the New Year's Eve celebrating the coming of the new millennium in Times Square in New York was spectacular. True, the 3rd millennium had actually begun in 2001, but it didn't matter. Have fun. Eventually, a challenging new century awaited the Americans.
18.Old battle ships
20.A dream come true in 90s
22.A lot of gifts
24.Nintendo entertainment system
25.Atari Game Center
27.Nintendo Action Set
29.The Star Wars Death Start playset
30.Happy Christmas days
Boxing Day is celebrated on December 26 in Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand and Canada. On this day, many stores organize big sales, where the item you like can be bought for half the price. And there are several versions of the origin of this unusual holiday.
In Great Britain, for example, in the old days, they would pack inexpensive gifts or some kind of food for the holiday table in boxes and give these boxes to poor families so that they can also enjoy the Christmas holidays.
According to another version, the name "Box Day" comes from the fact that on this day people unpacked gifts that were traditionally displayed under the Christmas tree on the night of December 25 by Santa Claus. And these gifts were packed in beautiful boxes. So on December 26, the whole house was full of empty Christmas gift boxes.
And the third version. Indeed, on this day, people rushed to the shops with boxes to return or exchange their Christmas gifts, which they did not like or were not needed. And gifts were hidden in boxes so that they would not be accidentally seen by those who presented this gift. After all, otherwise it was possible to offend the donor.
In Australia Boxing Day is also becoming a significant sporting event. Melbourne hosts a test match at the main cricket ground, and Sydney kicks off an annual yacht race that rivals high-profile events such as the Davis Cup Tennis Cup and the Melbourne Cup races.
Not long ago, in the upper classes of society, this holiday was dedicated to hunting foxes (now illegal). Its symbol is hunters in red uniforms on horses, surrounded by a pack of dogs. This outdoor activity has been replaced by sports games such as football, polo, horse racing, and others. Australia announces the start of cricket qualifiers, as well as the world famous Sydney regatta.
This cheerful and beloved holiday has been celebrated by English-speaking countries for so long that no one can say for sure about the appearance of its name. Meanwhile, there are many versions.
It is connected with the fact that the next day after the opening of the gifts a whole heap of packaging material is formed in the house: boxes of different sizes, colored wrapping paper, colorful ribbons, etc. This picture can be seen especially vividly in large families.
It is based on the fact that, along with the desired and long-awaited gifts, it is not uncommon for some of the things or objects to be objectionable. For example, there is already a similar item, a thing of the wrong size, not to your taste, etc. Then such gifts were put in one or several boxes and taken to the store in order to return and collect the money.
Has a really funny explanation and is related to boxing. Since on Catholic Christmas (December 25), guests who have gone overboard still somehow restrain themselves from wanting to beat someone, the next day they are ready to flare up like a match for any reason. The comic name of the holiday is Boxing Day.
The British are very sensitive to everything national, including the observance of traditions. In the Middle Ages in English villages on the holiday "Boxing Day '' pets were bled. This is believed to help the animals stay healthy and keep them strong for hard work. Some old people also followed the same custom. It was assumed that for the next year they would not know of any diseases. Another custom associated with the thorny holly tree was observed until the end of the 19th century.
In Montgomeryshire, with a bunch of its branches, they beat the one who got up later, and in some areas of Wales, men whipped the bare arms and legs of women until blood appeared. Wealthy people could make donations to help the poor in churches where piggy banks were installed. Later, this tradition changed - those in need with such boxes gathered in groups and went around the house themselves. In modern England, on December 26, it is customary to give money to letters, messengers and servants.
Another version of the holiday is in the name of Saint Stephen. Saint Stephen the First Martyr was the first Christian martyr who came from the Jewish diaspora. The Christian Church venerates him as the first martyr, archdeacon and apostle from seventy. Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons, altar men, undertakers, masons, as well as horses. In the Western tradition, the memory of St. Stephen is celebrated on December 26, the day after Christmas.
In many Western countries, St. Stephen's Day is an official public holiday. In some places there are specific traditions associated with this day. So, in Ireland, another name for the holiday is Wren Day, it is associated with a number of Irish legends. On the day of the holiday, mummers with songs and dances walk the streets of Irish cities from house to house. And in Bulgaria, St. Stephen's Day coincides with Father's Day.
In Catalonia, on the occasion of Sant Esteve's day, a gala dinner is prepared, which serves cannelloni pasta - a type of pasta in the form of tubes. The filling is minced meat leftover from Christmas dinner (this can be meat from the traditional escudella soup, baked turkey or capon). In Austria and Bavaria, it is customary to bless horses and arrange riding parades, and in Finland - to ride a horse-drawn sleigh.
In the UK and a number of countries of the Commonwealth of Nations (former British colonies), this holiday is better known as Boxing Day (literally - Boxing Day). The exact origin of the name is unknown; there are several interpretations. According to one of the most common versions, on this day, servants in wealthy families were given a day off so that they could visit their family, and were given a box with gifts and money.
In the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Trinidad and Tobago Boxing Day is associated with shopping, similar to Black Friday in the United States. On this day, many stores hold sales and offer significant discounts. Some shops open on December 26 at five in the morning - and all the same, in front of the entrance, queues of people wishing to purchase goods at a discount begin to line up in advance.
Another tradition of the second day of Christmas, popular in many countries, is special exhibition sports matches, in which leading clubs and teams take part. In the UK, these are football and rugby competitions, in Sweden - in bandy, in Australia - in cricket, and in Africa - in boxing. Also on December 26, the Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race begins in Australia, the King George VI horse races in the UK and the Spengler Hockey Cup in Switzerland.
In some countries, the second day of Christmas is known under its own, unique names that do not connect it either with Christmas as a religious holiday or with the tradition of gift-giving: for example, in Vanuatu and Namibia it is called Family Day, in South Africa - Goodwill Day, on the Solomons islands - National Thanksgiving Day.
Elon Musk is an entrepreneur, engineer, inventor, investor, philanthropist and visionary. A lot of activities, right? Not nearly. If we list the number of companies he founded or is currently CEO, we fill another line - PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla, SolarCity, Hyperloop, OpenAI, The Boring Company, Neuralink, Zip2.
Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa and has had entrepreneurial values for a long time. He currently has it all started when he founded Zip2 in 1995 with his brother. The business involved an online city guide, which at the time was in the realm of science fiction. He made his first money from selling it in 1999. He earned about $ 30 million for his share of the company. That's where the ascent began.
This was followed by a series of investments, from his next company, X.com, which later turned into PayPal, and then came Tesla and SpaceX, businesses that really brought him fame. Elon Musk is also known for his ambition to prevent a possible human extinction, bringing our species to the rank of "multi-planetary civilization" by creating a colony on Mars that can support life. He has often been ridiculed for his conceptions, which seem very "ahead of their time," but all the time he has proved us right.
Other ideas that Elon Musk came up with include Hyperloop One, the way he wants to reinvent the transportation industry, inventing a fifth way we can move. It is a vacuum tube through which pressurized capsules with speeds of up to 900-1000 km / h are to circulate, which is currently being tested. It would link, in the first phase, San Francisco to Los Angeles, and, in the other part of the world, Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
- “People work better when they know WHERE they want to go and WHY.” - Elon Musk
- “What really matters is a person's good heart.” - Elon Musk
- “I'm looking for a long-term relationship. I'm not looking for a one-night stand. I'm looking for a serious partner, a soul mate, things like that. If I'm not in love, if I don't have a stable partner, I can't be happy.” - Elon Musk
- “Big companies are built on big products.”- Elon Musk
- “I would like to die on Mars. But not during a fatal impact.”- Elon Musk
- “Life is too short for long-term resentment.” - Elon Musk
- “I like to be involved in world-changing actions. “- Elon Musk
- “I think we are at the dawn of a new era of space exploration.”- Elon Musk
- “When I was a kid, I used to say, "I don't want to be alone!"- Elon Musk
- “It's important for people to come to work and enjoy what they do.”- Elon Musk
After so many innovations in a very wide range of fields, you would be tempted to say that Musk doesn't have much time for anything else. Wrong. SpaceX created the world's first reusable orbital rocket and managed to reduce the cost of launching into space by a third. Asked at one point by a journalist if he didn't feel like he needed a vacation, Elon Musk responded by saying, "I once took a vacation and a rocket exploded. I'm not going to repeat this mistake. "
Space X has become a US government contractor and frequently flies to the International Space Station to carry supplies and food. Most of its launches take place on ramp 39A at Cape Canaveral, which is also the starting point for Apollo 11, the mission that took the first humans to the moon. The missiles used are their own products and are called Falcon, an allusion to the famous ship "Millennium Falcon" from the Star Wars series.
- “I don't create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to do the job.”- Elon Musk
- “The only thing that makes sense is to work together for collective enlightenment.”- Elon Musk
- “If humanity did not land on Mars during my lifetime, I would be very disappointed.”- Elon Musk
- “Patience is a virtue, and I am still trying to learn to be patient. It's a hard lesson.”- Elon Musk
- “In order for your voice to be heard in Washington, you have to make a small contribution.”- Elon Musk
- “It's OK to have all the eggs in one basket as long as you know what's going on in that basket.”- Elon Musk
- “When I say something, it usually happens. Maybe not immediately or scheduled, but it happens.”- Elon Musk
- “When something really matters to you, you do it even if you are unlucky.”- Elon Musk
- “Some people don't like change, but we have to accept it when the alternative is disaster.”- Elon Musk
- “People have to do exactly what they love. This will make them happier than anything else.”- Elon Musk
In addition to space travel and various tubes, Musk focuses heavily on the intelligent use of electricity. Tesla is proof of this obsession of his, the autonomy of the cars he created being the highest in the industry. The name is a tribute to the famous scientist Nikola Tesla. Musk is also experimenting with new technologies that he can implement on Tesla, such as Autopilot, which is already being implemented, in a somewhat more primitive way than he intends in the future.
Recently, Musk also invested in a startup called SolarCity, which plans to replace the traditional tiles you have on the roof of your house with some based on photovoltaic cells. They would be marketed at an extremely attractive price, incomparable to that of alternative technologies already present on the market. In short, you won't have to spend a lot of money on huge solar panels, but you can turn your roof into something like that. This technology will also be implemented on Tesla, the tailgate of the car will be replaced.
Seen as one of the most controversial startups in the world, Neuralink aims to integrate Artificial Intelligence into the human brain. Elon Musk co-founded this business in 2016, wanting to create a fusion between the brain and software so that man can take the next step forward. Among the benefits of this technology on the brain could be the increase in human memory capacity, as well as finding a way to interact more directly with digital devices.
- “There's a big difference between me and Tony Stark. I have 5 kids, so I spend more time at Disneyland than at parties.”- Elon Musk
- “If you wake up in the morning convinced that you will be fine in the future, then you will have a bright day. If not, no!”- Elon Musk
- “I think this is the best advice: to constantly think about how you could do things better and always ask yourself questions.”- Elon Musk
- “Do you want to be extremely rigorous about the best things you can do? Find the "faults" in your business and "fix them"!”- Elon Musk
- “I anticipate that in 30 years, most cars in the US will be electric, and I'm not talking about hybrid cars, but all-electric.”- Elon Musk
- “I believe that the purpose of life on earth means more than solving problems. It must have an inspirational purpose, even if the purpose is for the benefit of someone else.”- Elon Musk
- “I think it's wrong to hire a large number of people to solve a complicated problem. Numbers will never be the equivalent of talent in finding the optimal solution. Two people who know nothing are no better than one who knows.”- Elon Musk
- “It's not like we can burn coal in power plants. Coal is a finite resource and we need to find alternatives until we run out of coal, and by then, only God knows how many tons of carbon dioxide from the ground we send into the atmosphere.”- Elon Musk
- "A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it's just as good as its people and how excited they are to create. I want to recognize a lot of super-talented people. I'm just facing companies ". - Elon Musk
- "Avoid hiring MBAs as much as possible. MBA programs do not teach people how to start companies. ”- Elon Musk
Contrary to the suggestive name, this startup of Musk is not boring at all, and the origin story is very interesting. One day, while he was stuck in traffic, Musk posted a message on Twitter saying that he would start digging some tunnels to solve the traffic problem. Said and done. As the company was founded at the beginning of the year, it could not quickly obtain testing permits in living areas. So he set to work in the backyard of SpaceX in California.
In private, Musk is very discreet. Its estimated wealth is 13.6 billion euros, ranking 80th in the top of the richest people in the world. The South African lives in the famous Bel-Air neighborhood of Beverly Hills and has 6 children from an older marriage. Now, he is with Amber Heard, Johnny Depp's ex-wife, a relationship with which he does not go out very often.
When he's not trying to change the world and take us to Mars, Elon Musk is a regular at surprise movie appearances. He had episodic scenes in "Machete" and, more recently, in "Why Him," a film that tells the story of a more nonconformist entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. He is also a big fan of the series "The Big Bang Theory", where he appeared in an episode, playing himself.
- "Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and looking into the abyss of death." - Elon Musk
- "The brand is just a perception, and the perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be before, sometimes it will be behind. But the brand is simply a collective impression that some have of a product." - Elon Musk
- "Don't be fooled into believing that something works when it's not, or you'll be stuck on a bad solution." - Elon Musk
- "Failure is an option here. If things don't fail, not innovative enough." - Elon Musk
- "I am always optimistic, but I am realistic. Not with the expectation of great success I started Tesla or SpaceX ... I just thought they were important enough to do anyway. ”- Elon Musk
- "I always invest my money in the companies I create. I don't believe in using just other people's money. I don't think that's fair. I will not ask other people to invest in something if I am not prepared to do it myself. ”- Elon Musk
- "I think there is a lot of potential if you have a convincing product and people are willing to pay a premium for it. I think that's what Apple showed. You can buy a mobile phone or a laptop much cheaper, but the Apple product is much better than the alternative and people are willing to pay this premium. ”- Elon Musk
- "I don't create companies to create companies, but to get things done." - Elon Musk
- "I don't spend my time pontificating on high-definition things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems." - Elon Musk
- "I don't think it's a good idea to plan to sell a company." - Elon Musk
- "I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not in time, but it usually happens." - Elon Musk
- "I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you constantly think about what you've done and how you could do it better." - Elon Musk
- "I think the best way to attract venture capital is to try to come up with a demonstration of any product or service that is and, ideally, take it as far as you can. See if you can sell this to real customers and you can start building momentum. The more you get, the more funding you will have. "- Elon Musk
- "I think we have a duty to maintain the light of conscience to make sure it continues in the future." - Elon Musk
- "I would have just asked things ... It would make my parents angry ... That I wouldn't have believed them just when they said something, because I would have asked them why. And then I would consider if the answer was sensitive given everything I knew. "- Elon Musk
- "I wouldn't say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I'd like my fear emotion to be less because it's very distracting and fried my nervous system." - Elon Musk
- "I'm interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and the wonderful, new technology in which you see it and say to yourself, 'Wow, how did this happen?' How is that possible? '"- Elon Musk
- "Actually, I haven't read any books on time management." - Elon Musk
- "If something needs to be designed and invented and you have to figure out how to make sure the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of inputs, then that's probably my core skill." - Elon Musk
- "If something is important enough you should try, even if the likely result is failure." - Elon Musk
- "If you get up in the morning and think the future will be better, it's a bright day. Otherwise, it's not." - Elon Musk
- "If you're a co-founder or CEO, you have to do all sorts of tasks that you shouldn't do ... If you don't do your business, the company won't succeed ... No task is too menial." - Elon Musk
- "If you try to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You need to have all the ingredients in the right proportion. ”- Elon Musk
- "It is a mistake to hire a large number of people to do a complicated job. Numbers will never compensate for the talent in getting the right answer (two people who don't know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress and make the task incredibly expensive. ”- Elon Musk
- "It's okay to have eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to this basket." - Elon Musk
- "It's very important to like the people you work with, otherwise your life and job will be pretty miserable." - Elon Musk
- "My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it's important if someone has a good heart." - Elon Musk
- "People should follow what they are passionate about. This will make them happier than almost anything else. ”- Elon Musk
- "People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important for people to look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoying work. ”- Elon Musk
- "Persistence is very important. You don't have to give up if you're not forced to give up." - Elon Musk
- "Really pay attention to negative feedback and ask for it, especially from friends. ... Almost no one does that and it's incredibly useful. ”- Elon Musk
- "Some people don't like change, but you have to embrace change if the alternative is disaster." - Elon Musk
- "Starting and developing a business is just as important for the innovation, strength and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell." - Elon Musk
- "Talent is extremely important. It's like a sports team, the team with the best individual player will often win, but then there's a multiplier of how these players work together and the strategy they use." - Elon Musk
- "The first step is to determine that something is possible; then the probability will occur." - Elon Musk
- "There are really two things that need to happen for a new technology to be accessible on the mass market. One is that you need economies of scale. The other is that you have to iterate on design. You have to go through several versions. ”- Elon Musk
- "There is an extraordinary prejudice against risk-taking. Everyone is trying to optimize their bottom coverage. ”- Elon Musk
- "At SpaceX we have a 'strict no-rope policy.' - Elon Musk
- "What makes innovative thinking happen?" I think it's really a thought. You have to decide. ”- Elon Musk
- "When Henry Ford made cheap and reliable cars, people said, 'Nah, what about a horse? "It was a huge bet that he made and it worked. ”- Elon Musk
- "When someone has an innovative evolution, it's rarely a small thing. Very rarely, it is a small thing. It's usually a bunch of things that collectively are a huge innovation. ”- Elon Musk
- "When something is important enough, you do it even if the chances are not in your favor." - Elon Musk
- "It simply came to our notice then. That is, you only need to enter weeks between 80 and 100 hours each week. [This] improves the chances of success. If other people put in 40 hours of work and put in 100 hours of work, then even if you do the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what they need a year to accomplish. ”- Elon Musk
- "You have to say, 'Well, why did he succeed where others failed?' ”- Elon Musk
- "You shouldn't do things differently just because they're different. They have to be better. ”- Elon Musk