Using Excel is both difficult (when the user doesn't know how to use the program correctly) and makes life a lot easier when spreadsheet programs are used correctly.
We figure out how to speed up work in the office program on a PC
At a minimum, for faster and, let's not be afraid, correct work in Excel, you need to learn specific keyboard shortcuts. Knowing these combinations will help to speed up the work in this office program significantly. Let's take a look at 30 varieties.
1. How to highlight and copy information?
Ctrl + A: select all.
Ctrl + C: copy.
2. How to quickly cut and paste information?
Ctrl + X: cut.
3. How to make text bold or italic?
Ctrl + 2: bold.
Ctrl + 3: italicize.
Pressing again cancels the command.
4. How do I underline or strikethrough text?
Ctrl + 4: Underline
Ctrl + 5: Strikethrough
Pressing again cancels the command.
5. How to open the "Format Cells" dialog box in one click?
Ctrl + 1: Open the Format Cells dialog box.
6. How to find and replace text?
Ctrl + H: find and replace.
7. How to quickly switch between work tabs?
Ctrl + PgUp: Switch between sheet tabs from left to right.
Ctrl + PgDn: Switch between sheet tabs from right to left.
8. How to insert and remove outer borders to/from selected cells?
Ctrl + Shift + & : Paste outer borders to selected cells.
Ctrl + Shift + _: Remove outer borders from selected cells.
9. How to hide marked rows and columns?
Ctrl + 9: Hide selected lines.
Ctrl + 0: Hide selected columns.
10. How to display hidden rows and/or columns?
Ctrl + Shift + (: show hidden lines in selection.
Ctrl+Shift+): Show hidden columns.
11. How to insert the current date and/or time?
Ctrl + Shift + ; : Insert the current date.
Ctrl + Shift + : : Paste the current time.
12. How to add/remove cells?
CTRL + SHIFT + plus sign (+) : Display the Add Cells dialog box to insert blank cells. If a row or column is selected, then, accordingly, the row or column is added immediately, bypassing the dialog box.
CTRL + minus sign (-) : Display the Delete Cells dialog box to delete selected cells. If a row or column is selected, then, accordingly, the row or column is deleted immediately, bypassing the dialog box.
13. How to copy the formula of the top cell to the current cell or formula bar?
Ctrl + ' : Copy the formula of the top cell to the current cell or formula bar.
14. How can I redo or undo a previous action?
Ctrl + Y: Redo the previous action.
Ctrl + Z: Undo previous action.
15. How to open and close a document?
Ctrl + N : creates a new empty workbook (sheet).
Ctrl + W : closes the window of the selected book (sheet).
16. How can I save and print to the current location and existing format?
Ctrl + S : Save the working file with the current filename in the current location and in the existing format.
Ctrl + P : Displays the Print tab.
17. How to open an existing workbook?
Ctrl + O
18. How do I open the Save As dialog box?
19. How to repeat the last command or action and close windows in Excel?
Ctrl+F4: close the window of the selected book.
F4 alone: repeat the last command or action if possible. For example, if the last thing you typed into a cell is "ABC", you can press F4 in another cell and repeat the process.
20. How do I go to the Help or Search field?
ALT+Q : To go to the Help or Search field.
21. How do I open the File, Home or Insert tab menu?
Alt+F : Open the File tab menu.
Alt+H : Open the Home tab and format text and numbers, or use the search tool.
Alt+N : Open the Insert tabs and insert PivotTables, Charts, Add-Ins, Sparklines, Pictures, Shapes, Headings, or Text Boxes.
22. How do I expand or collapse the formula bar?
Ctrl+Shift+U : Expand or collapse the formula bar.
23. How do I navigate to the Formula, Data, and Review tabs?
Alt+M : Switch to the Formula tab.
Alt+A : Go to the Data tab.
Alt+R : Open the Review tab.
24. How to switch to the "View" tab?
Alt+W : Switch to the View tab.
25. How to add a feature?
Shift+F3 : Display the Insert Function dialog box.
26. How to quickly calculate the sum in Excel.
You can start typing the sum formula, you can use the sum icon on the ribbon, or you can just press ALT+=.
27. How to highlight a column or row in Excel.
Everyone knows the keyboard shortcut for selecting the entire sheet in Excel "Ctrl + A", this combination works in many other applications, but in Excel you can select only a column or only a row.
28. How to hide a column or row in MS Excel.
It is unlikely that it will be a big secret to be able to hide a column using the context menu, but if you use the combination "Ctrl + 0" it will turn out faster, and "Ctrl + 9" hides a row from the Excel sheet.
29. How to delete a row or column in MS Excel.
If you need to not only hide, but delete a row or column, using the “Ctrl + -” combination will do it as quickly as possible.
30. How to add the current date/time to a cell.
Unlike the previous ones, a rather specific hot combination. But the fastest way to insert the current date into a cell is "Ctrl +;", and if you add the Shift key to this combination, then the current time is inserted - "Ctrl + Shift +;".