Tag your travel partner.👍
When you know the answer to something no one else in the room does, it makes you feel like a genius. So, if you're a fan of the little things, want your next night to be memorable, or just love learning new things that no one else knows about, you've come to the right place. You never know when you'll need to pull those facts, which is part of the fun. So, we invite you to play with us and check out our list of random facts.
Is there any useless information? Never. All those little random, interesting, funny, scary facts, or did you know that the facts you store in your brain exist for a reason and are sure to come in handy someday...even if it's just for you to could beat your best dude or surprise a bored toddler on a family field trip. Just in case you don't have enough information cluttering your brain, here are some more fun, interesting, or just plain fun tidbits to keep on hand.
Interesting and funny facts about animals
1. The fur of polar bears is actually clean, and their skin is black.
2. Baby flamingos are born grey, not pink.
3. A woodpecker's tongue actually wraps around its brain completely, protecting it from damage when it hits a tree.
4. The shrimp's heart is in its head.
5. Elephants suck their trunks for convenience.
6. Anteaters have no teeth.
7. Nine-banded armadillos always have quadrupeds, and they are always identical.
8. Wombat poop is cube shaped.
9. A flock of flamingos is called brightness.
10. Hippos and horses are actually distant relatives.
11. All clown fish are born male.
12. In the UK, the Queen legally owns all unmarked swans.
13. In order not to disperse, sea otters hold hands during sleep.
14. Goats have an accent.
15. Dolphins give each other names.
16. Gorillas can catch a cold, although you can probably still go to the zoo with a runny nose.
17. Forget bald eagles. The turkey was once almost called the national bird.
18. A group of owls is called a parliament.
19. There are 32 muscles in a cat's ear.
20. Snails can regenerate their eyes.
21. Want to know if your pet turtle is a boy or a girl? Listen carefully! Female turtles hiss and male turtles grunt.
22. A starfish can turn its stomach inside out.
23. French poodles are actually from Germany.
24. Seahorses mate for life and are often seen telling each other stories.
25. A group of porcupines is called a thorn.
26. Andrew Jackson's parrot had to be removed from his funeral because he wouldn't stop swearing. Polly wants to rinse her mouth.
27. Sloths can hold their breath for up to 40 minutes.
Interesting and funny historical facts
28. Henry VIII knighted all four of his Grooms of the Chair - the men in charge of wiping his ass for him.
29. Jeanette Rankin was elected to Congress four years before women could vote.
30. Women could not apply for a bank loan until 1974.
31. Before the invention of modern artificial teeth, dentures were usually made from the teeth of dead soldiers.
32. In ancient Egypt, servants were smeared with honey so that flies would fly to them instead of the pharaoh.
33. It was once considered blasphemous to use a fork.
34. Abe Lincoln was a champion wrestler. He was also a licensed bartender. Maybe they should call him Abe of all trades.
35. George Washington owned a whiskey distillery.
36. More than two percent of the American population died during the civil war.
37. Joseph Stalin removed people from photographs after their death or dismissal from office.
38. Since 1945, all British tanks have been equipped with everything necessary for making tea.
39. Pope Gregory IV once declared war on cats because he thought Satan was using black cats. His statement led to the mass extermination of cats.
40. The absence of cats led to an invasion of rats, which led to the spread of the plague.
50. John Adams was the first president to live in the White House.
51. Go to sleep! Chernobyl, the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and the Challenger explosion are all linked to lack of sleep.
Interesting and funny travel facts
52. The average person living in Sweden eats about 22 pounds of chocolate a year.
53. Although the Wright brothers are known as a couple, they actually flew together only once. They promised their father that they would always fly separately.
54. In Montana, there are three times more cows than people.
55. Parts of the Great Wall of China were made from sticky rice.
56. Ninety percent of the world's population lives above the equator.
57. There are more saunas in Finland than cars.
58. Sixty percent of the world's lakes (three million in total) are located in Canada.
59. Virginia is the only state that has the same staff flower and staff tree - Dogwood.
60. Think before the season. In Egypt, it is considered incredibly rude to salt the food you have been served.
61. Ninety percent of the territory of Libya is desert.
62. The height of the Eiffel Tower can vary up to six inches, depending on the temperature.
63. Do you spend too much on drinks when you eat out? A small town in Italy has a fountain that serves free wine.
64. Pilots and their co-pilots should eat differently before the flight so that both of them do not get sick with food poisoning.
65. About 600 Parisians work on the Eiffel Tower every day.
66. Do you want to go to Rome? Which one of? Six of the seven continents have a city called Rome. (You really fell, Antarctica.)
67. When you visit Key West, you are actually closer to Havana than Miami.
Interesting and fun facts about music
68. Mary, known as "Mary Had the Lamb", was a real person and the song is based on real events.
69. Happy Birthday was the first song ever played on Mars. Mars Rover Curiosity played this song to itself on its first anniversary on the planet.
70. When you listen to music, your heart is in sync with the beat.
71. President Nixon was an accomplished musician. He played five instruments, including the accordion.
72. Is the song stuck in your head? This is called an earworm.
73. None of The Beatles could read music.
74. However, George Harrison was reportedly able to play 26 instruments.
75. Barry Manilow didn't actually write I Write Songs.
76. Metallica is the only band to play on all seven continents.
77. Most department stores tend to play music slower to slow down shoppers and make them shop longer. The reverse is true for restaurants.
78. Monaco's orchestra is bigger than its army.
79. A concert promoter once sold a thousand tickets to a Spice Girls concert in Hawaii that were never booked. Maybe that's where the idea for Fyre Fest came from.
80. Leo Fender, inventor of the Stratocaster and Telecaster, couldn't play the guitar.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.