Almost every film has curious details that are difficult to notice when you first watch it. Sometimes it can be unexpected characters, unobtrusively left by the director. Or inconspicuous moments that reveal the plot of the picture and add a special peppercorn to it.
At Bemorepanda, we found 13 hidden movie parts that even seasoned moviegoers might overlook. At the end of the article, you will find an unexpected fact about the cult melodrama, which many watched before the holes in the sunset of the 1990s.
1. "Matrix" - the symbol of yin and yang
When Neo and Morpheus attack each other in The Matrix, their clothing and body position form a symbol of the union of yin and yang. In Chinese philosophy, it means the interaction of opposites: light and darkness, day and night, positive and negative.
2. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - compass
In Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Commander James Norrington holds up the compass, he points to Jack, not Elizabeth. This compass does not point north or south, but in the direction of what the person holding it desires most. So the filmmakers wanted to show that the commander values his duty above his feelings: it is more important for him to catch a pirate than to be with his beloved.
3. "Casino Royale" "- actress
In the 2006 film Casino Royale, actress Tsai Chin plays one of the poker players. She also appeared in the role of a minor Bond girl in the 1967 film "Live Only Twice".
4. "Cabin in the woods" - pupils
In the thriller "Cabin in the Woods" after a van crash and a collision with a zombie, you can see that Dana's pupils have become of different sizes. This is a common symptom of a concussion.
5. "The Truman Show" - cameras
In The Truman Show, the cameras appear in very obvious places, but the main character (Jim Carrey) stubbornly does not notice them. Even when a neighbor brings a trash can to Truman's car, he still does not see anything unusual in what is happening, since he has always lived in the conditions of a TV show.
6. "Shape of water" - shoes
The Oscar-winning film The Shape of Water features a scene in which Eliza admires a pair of red shoes. Later, when the heroine begins a relationship with Amphibian Man, you can see how she confidently walks through the laboratory in those very shoes. Perhaps this is how the filmmakers wanted to show that Eliza gained confidence and expanded the boundaries of her capabilities.
7. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - Jack Sparrow's father ring
In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Captain Teague wears a silver skull ring. In fact, it is not a prop for the film, but a real decoration of actor Keith Richards. This ring was given to him for his birthday in 1978, and he has not taken it off since.
8. "Santa Claus" - elves
In the movie Santa Claus, when Charlie walks to school, an elf can be seen sitting behind him. This means that throughout his life, the elves watched over him and his father.
9. "Maleficent" - magic
Maleficent's magic changes color. When a witch is kind, her magic is golden. And when she does evil things, her enchantment turns green.
10. "The Chronicles of Narnia" - the fur of the White Witch
In The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch gave the order to cut the mane of Aslan's lion, and then coldly thrust a dagger into him. Later, Tilda Swinton's heroine can be seen wearing his mech during the battle.
11. "Parasites" - Mr. Pak's company
In Parasite, the viewer is constantly reminded that Mr. Park runs a firm called Another Brick, like the song of the same name by Pink Floyd. The film's director Bong Joon Ho was a huge fan of them in college. It raises the problems of education, inequality, there is a significant line: "In general, you are just another brick in the wall." The company logo appears on the glass in the office of the head of a wealthy family, as well as on the mugs from which the heroes drink.
12. "Alice in Wonderland" - the Hatter's phrase
The Mad Hatter's lines are not as meaningless as they seem at first glance. When the Hatter asks "What do a raven and a desk have in common?" One of the most famous works of Poe is the poem "The Raven".
By the way, Depp himself suggested adding orange spots on the Hatter's face. The fact is that in the 18th-19th centuries, hatters worked with mercury, which left orange and reddish spots on the skin. In addition, the metal caused chronic intoxication, which had a detrimental effect on mental health.
13.Bonus: "10 reasons I hate" - a scene with a poem
At the end of the tape "10 Things I Hate" Julia Stiles burst into tears while reading a poem she wrote about Patrick for her English lesson. This was not actually in the script. In one of the interviews, the actress told why emotions came over her during this scene. “I absolutely did not expect to start crying. I don't know why this happened. Perhaps this was due to what was happening in my life at that time. Or I was just blown away by the whole experience of making my first big movie, ”admitted Stiles.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Sometimes you can learn a lot of useful things from the Internet by simply leafing through pictures. In this post Bemorepanda collected different facts about everything that will help broaden our horizons, as well as distract for a couple of minutes from the routine.
1. In 2016, a Chinese businessman Xiong Shuihua demolished all the houses in his native village and built villas in their place.
2. You would be confused to see such a door in your entrance for the first time. This is just a drawing with an optical illusion.
3. The Varani people live in Ecuador. After lengthy litigation, they won a case against an oil company claiming their land. In the photo, members of the Amazon tribe in the courtroom.
4. In 2015, Ford installed wide-angle front and rear 1-megapixel cameras on its cars that allow "seeing from around the corner." The problem of "blind" zones has been solved.
5. Animal rights advocates have figured out how to protect elephants from poachers: they painted the animal tusks with pink paint, which is marked with banknotes in banks. It does not harm the animal, but it is impossible to wash it off. Buyers do not need such tusks.
6. Does it look edible? In fact, in the photo there is not grapes, but a mineral called "grape chalcedony".
7. This is the cross sea. It looks like this because of wave systems moving at different angles.
8. This is a tree called Jabuticaba (or Brazilian grape tree). Its fruits grow directly from the bark.
9. The guy took off the lightning for 2 hours and then combined all the frames in one.
10. City in Peru around the oasis in Huacachina.
11. In the Congaree National Park, the water in the lake turns different colors at a certain temperature.
12. Blacks couples born white baby. No, the DNA test confirmed that the spouses are the biological parents of the baby. Perhaps these are white dormant genes or mutating albinism.
13. Scientists have tracked eagle movements using GPS for 20 years. Here are his flights.
14. Trace after a needle prick on the skin, taken with a microscope.
15. This is how entrants of the GITIS acting faculty are evaluated in the era of coronavirus.