You are what you eat😁
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
A balanced diet with the right foods is the cornerstone of a healthy body. True, different peoples have very different taste preferences, and food that is considered healthy and useful in one part of the world may not be consumed at all in another. Although, of course, something in common is found in the cuisines of most peoples of the world. Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about different products.
1. If you find it difficult to wake up in the morning, one fresh apple will help with this task even better than a cup of strong coffee.
2. Coffee and tea are quite addictive in many people.
3. Puffer fish is considered the most dangerous food in the world. If not properly prepared, you can easily die by eating just a bite. Fugu is only served in the best restaurants in Japan.
4. Nowadays, many additional ingredients are added to bread, one of the staple foods. One of these food additives is a product of duck feather processing.
5. Honey, so popular in many countries, is the semi-digested pollen that bees regurgitate.
6. In an especially large dosage, coffee can easily be poisoned.
7. In a number of Asian and African countries, insects, cooked in one way or another, are quite common and demanded food product.
8. In total, about 2 thousand species of plants for food are grown in the world.
9. Natural food colors are made not only from plant materials, but also from insects, in particular from some species of beetles.
10. Over the past decades, the content of nutrients in food has decreased significantly, as the priority is to reduce costs, not improve quality.
11. Some varieties of green apples shine so beautifully because a gene from a salmon fish has been inserted into them.
12. Apples, as you know, are very useful, but their bones are poisonous, especially in large quantities.
13. The usual orange carrot was once purple. Its orange varieties were bred by people, not nature.
14. We often decorate our meals with fresh herbs. This is a very old tradition - for example, the ancient Romans used parsley for this purpose.
15. The smell of garlic repels mosquitoes. However, it sometimes scares people off too).
16. Dairy products are not in demand in most Asian countries, with the exception of the Philippines.
17. Oysters are indeed a natural aphrodisiac, and quite powerful.
18. Apples and peaches absorb more pesticides as they grow and ripen than any other fruit.
19. Onions, when cut, release a corrosive gas that irritates the eyes, which is why tears come to them.
20. Of all meat products, the top 3 most popular are chicken, beef and pork.
21. Bananas are very popular in many countries. In India alone, they are grown over 20 million tons annually.
22. Bananas, melons and watermelons are botanically referred to as berries, and tomatoes are referred to as fruits.
23. Among all fruits, apples are the first in the world in popularity. Oranges follow with a small margin.
24. Honey can be stored longer than any other food. Subject to a number of conditions, it may not deteriorate until 2000-3000 years.
25. In Southeast Asia, hot peppers are included in almost all dishes.