Treat your self to something good! 🔊
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
A balanced diet with the right foods is the cornerstone of a healthy body. True, different peoples have very different taste preferences, and food that is considered healthy and useful in one part of the world may not be consumed at all in another. Although, of course, something in common is found in the cuisines of most peoples of the world. Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about different products.
1. If you find it difficult to wake up in the morning, one fresh apple will help with this task even better than a cup of strong coffee.
2. Coffee and tea are quite addictive in many people.
3. Puffer fish is considered the most dangerous food in the world. If not properly prepared, you can easily die by eating just a bite. Fugu is only served in the best restaurants in Japan.
4. Nowadays, many additional ingredients are added to bread, one of the staple foods. One of these food additives is a product of duck feather processing.
5. Honey, so popular in many countries, is the semi-digested pollen that bees regurgitate.
6. In an especially large dosage, coffee can easily be poisoned.
7. In a number of Asian and African countries, insects, cooked in one way or another, are quite common and demanded food product.
8. In total, about 2 thousand species of plants for food are grown in the world.
9. Natural food colors are made not only from plant materials, but also from insects, in particular from some species of beetles.
10. Over the past decades, the content of nutrients in food has decreased significantly, as the priority is to reduce costs, not improve quality.
11. Some varieties of green apples shine so beautifully because a gene from a salmon fish has been inserted into them.
12. Apples, as you know, are very useful, but their bones are poisonous, especially in large quantities.
13. The usual orange carrot was once purple. Its orange varieties were bred by people, not nature.
14. We often decorate our meals with fresh herbs. This is a very old tradition - for example, the ancient Romans used parsley for this purpose.
15. The smell of garlic repels mosquitoes. However, it sometimes scares people off too).
16. Dairy products are not in demand in most Asian countries, with the exception of the Philippines.
17. Oysters are indeed a natural aphrodisiac, and quite powerful.
18. Apples and peaches absorb more pesticides as they grow and ripen than any other fruit.
19. Onions, when cut, release a corrosive gas that irritates the eyes, which is why tears come to them.
20. Of all meat products, the top 3 most popular are chicken, beef and pork.
21. Bananas are very popular in many countries. In India alone, they are grown over 20 million tons annually.
22. Bananas, melons and watermelons are botanically referred to as berries, and tomatoes are referred to as fruits.
23. Among all fruits, apples are the first in the world in popularity. Oranges follow with a small margin.
24. Honey can be stored longer than any other food. Subject to a number of conditions, it may not deteriorate until 2000-3000 years.
25. In Southeast Asia, hot peppers are included in almost all dishes.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Low-calorie foods help you eat more in volume, but less in calories. To lose weight you need to consume fewer calories than your body burns. One way to reduce the number of calories you eat is to focus on low-calorie foods.
A diet with low calorie foods can create a caloric deficit that can lead to weight loss.
However, not all low-calorie foods are equal. In general, low-calorie foods - which are usually carbohydrates, such as fruits and vegetables - will not bring you the same feeling of satiety as low-calorie foods, which contain protein and fat.
Protein, fiber and fat tend to be the most satiating, while carbohydrates usually leave us feeling hungry shortly after we eat.
Here are 10 healthy, low-calorie foods that you should incorporate into your diet.
No wonder vegetables are low in calories and high in nutrients, which are closely associated with a healthy weight.
Choose crispy vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, celery, cucumbers or bell peppers.
All these vegetables offer a crunchy texture and are an excellent snack or garnish at a meal.
Eggs are high in protein and low in calories, making them one of the healthiest breakfast options to boost weight loss.
It's all about not frying them in oil. Boil them, place them or cook them in a non-stick pan that does not require oil.
Grapefruit has a high water content and a lot of fiber and nutrients. In addition, the complex but sweet aroma makes grapefruit an ideal snack.
A small study in 2006 on obese people found that people who ate fresh grapefruit three times a day before meals lost more weight in 12 weeks than people who did not eat grapefruit.
Fish has proteins, which are related to weight loss, in part because it maintains the feeling of satiety and digests more slowly.
A small 2006 study found that people who ate a meal of fish consumed fewer calories than people who ate a meal of beef.
Eat white fish, such as cod, and fish that contain omega-3 fatty acids, including salmon and sardines.
If you do not want to cook fish, canned tuna can offer the same benefits with less hassle. Mix tuna with healthy options such as salad or vegetables.
Consumption of yogurt has been linked to weight loss and reduction of body fat. Natural (unsweetened) yogurt is a particularly good choice because it is naturally low in fat and high in protein.
Yogurt can be used as a base for salad dressings or sauces.
Tomatoes are a versatile, low-calorie vegetable that make an excellent snack. Tomatoes are very low in calories, but surprisingly filling. Their aroma and high water content and fiber content will help you feel full.
Add a drop of olive oil and pepper for a quick snack. Although olive oil is high in calories, the added fat can help you get rid of hunger for a longer period of time.
breastbreast is a low-fat, low-protein protein source. Consumption of poultry meat, such as chicken breast, is associated with general health.
A serving of 100 grams of chicken has about the same amount of protein as a portion of beef of the same size, with about 25% fewer calories and half of fat.
Use chicken in salads or vegetable wraps.
The soup has a lot of liquid volume, without many calories. For this reason, it can help you eat more and reduce the total amount of food consumed in a day.
A 2013 study of more than 4,000 adults found that people who regularly eat soup are less likely to be overweight or obese than people who do not eat soup.
Popcorn without oil or butter, has only 31 calories per cup, which makes it a very low calorie snack, perfect when you want something salty and crunchy.
It's a perfect snack, but beware of commercial popcorn, which is usually made with oil. You can buy corn kernels and make them at home, in a pot with a lid or even in a special popcorn maker without oil or butter. You can add salt and paprika over the popcorn for a more pleasant aroma.