Romeo catches the last flight toward Juliet during coronavirus pandemic.🥰
A young boy was between the choice to stay in Cairo with family or catch the last flight to Canada to be with his love during quarantine. Traveling during this pandemic is dangerous, but isn’t love more important ?
As Covid-19 began to spread, no where can be safer to self-isolate than near your soulmate. Love makes people do stupid things, and travel around the world during coronavirus pandemic.
He is a Canadian-Egyptian in love with an Italian-American, Francesca Brundisini, who is working in Quebec City. She's new in the city and feared of self-isolation, while she did not have friends or family near her.
As news of the coronavirus pandemic spread fast worldwide, the pair realized that this virus would last more than a few weeks, Eihab Boraie decided to catch the last flight.
There was no guarantee he would be able to find a flight, but the will was so strong that magic happened.
Both his parents are in their 60s and are at high-risk to get the infection as they suffer from various health complications, leaving them alone was the hardest step and decision.
But in the end they encouraged Eihab to try to find a flight, partly because they cared and worried about his girlfriend being alone in Canada.
The flight to Quebec City was half empty, allowing most passengers to take a row of seats for themselves.
In the time it took him to get there, the number of infected and died raised, so now being more than a thousand dead people of Covid-19, and the death toll had surpassed 10,000 globally.
When his girlfriend Francesca arrived at the airport, Eihab got down on one knee, and proposed.
She was completely surprised because 48 hours she was waiting for him and didn't know when and if she would ever see him again.
She accepted Eihab proposal, they removed their masks and made it official with a long kiss.
This period of isolation you spend with your partner should be like a moment of respite, in which you enjoy each other more.
Even if we miss the active lifestyle we had before, the romantic meetings, the dinners at the restaurant or the surprises our partner prepared, this does not mean that we are no longer part of them in isolation, but rather you and he must adapt to the situation and continue to be romantic with each other.
Despite the fact that it is a crisis and extremely overwhelming, think that being with your partner can help you find your balance and have a much better emotional state.
Here are our recommendations that you can put into practice in isolation with your partner:
1. Cook together
If before you and your partner did not have time to cook, you did not like or used to order food, now you have the opportunity to experience it. Whether you are trying new recipes or prefer to cook some of your favorite foods, think about it as an opportunity to learn new things from one another. Besides, what can be more romantic than a dinner prepared by your partner?
We must admit that karaoke sessions are extremely fun. In this case, what would it be like if you challenged your partner to karaoke? It is an activity that can get you out of the comfort zone and will give you an instant well-being. In addition, from a psychological point of view, it can improve your communication and make you express your emotions much better.
3. Make a puzzle
You may not expect to recommend making a puzzle with your boyfriend, but here it may be an option that you can consider. It is an activity that keeps your mind busy, can relieve stress and, in addition, with a bottle of wine, is the ideal recipe for a perfect evening.
During this period, we are all looking for different ways to manifest our creativity, and painting can be one of them. It is an excellent way to curb your emotions, and if you are not inspired, well, it can come from movies, serials, books, music or even from those around you.
Almost everyone recommends that, in isolation, we relax and do those things that we have postponed. Well, what if you and your partner turned your house into a spa? And do not think that it is very difficult, you need some candles, face masks, skin care products that have a special smell and, let's not forget, extremely comfortable clothes.
6. Try yoga
Yoga is one of the ways that frees us from negative thoughts and helps us to have a balance between mind, body and soul. One of the main actions that yoga has is to reduce stress because it combines both meditation and deep breathing exercises. And if neither you nor your partner have tried so far, well, you can find a lot of examples of yoga exercises for couples.
7. Play board games
If you and your boyfriend were used to board games, then you shouldn't abandon them in isolation. It is an opportunity to give up the Netflix series and believe us, you will not regret it because you will certainly have a lot of fun. Moreover, there is now the possibility to play online with other friends,
The coronavirus spreads and continuously affects everyone, no matter where, on plane or ground. The virus resulted a new record for the world's longest commercial flight in distance, after an Air Tahiti Nui plane was forced to fly from French Polynesia to France in an epic, nonstop, 16-hour trip across 9,765-miles.
On March 14, Air Tahiti Nui flight TN064 from Tahiti to Paris became the longest recorded scheduled passenger flight by distance, The Independent reports. It took it flight from Papeete at 3 a.m., on the local time, on Saturday and touched the ground at Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris at 6:30 a.m. local time on Sunday, according to the New York Post.
Though the flight there is a stop in Los Angeles to pick up passengers and refuel, but not this time, due to imposed bans, it was prohibited for the planes that have at the board foreign nations that have been to Europe, to enter the U.S.
From start to finish, the Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner reportedly spent about 15 hours and 45 minutes flying.
Though the Saturday flight happend because of the current travel ban, it beaten the distance record for a 9,534-mile passenger flight between Singapore and Newark, established by Singapore Airlines.
What are the top 10 longest flights?
- Singapore Airlines: Newark (EWR) to Singapore (SIN): 9,521 miles; 18 hours, 45 minutes
- Qatar Airways: Auckland (AKL) to Doha (DOH): 9,032 miles; 17 hours, 40 minutes
- Qantas: Perth (PER) to London Heathrow (LHR): 9,010 miles; 17 hours, 20 minutes
- Emirates: Auckland (AKL) to Dubai (DXB): 8,824 miles; 17 hours, 20 minutes
- United Airlines (until October 27) and Singapore Airlines (starting November 2): Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN): 8,770 miles; 17 hours, 15-50 minutes
- United Airlines: Houston (IAH) to Sydney (SYD): 8,596 miles; 17 hours, 20 minutes
- Qantas: Dallas-Ft. Worth (DFW) to Sydney (SYD): 8,578 miles; 17 hours, 15 minutes
- United Airlines and Singapore Airlines: San Francisco (SFO) to Singapore (SIN): 8,446 miles; 16 hours, 35-40 minutes
- Delta Air Lines: Johannesburg (JNB) to Atlanta (ATL): 8,439 miles; 16 hours, 27 minutes
- Etihad: Abu Dhabi (AUH) to Los Angeles (LAX): 8,390 miles; 16 hours, 30 minutes
Important tips to help you reduce the risk of infection on any trip.
The World Health Organization and the American Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommend that you stay home and not go anywhere until the epidemic is over.
However, if the trip cannot be postponed in any way, then in this case they also have recommendations that will reduce the risk of infection. Here are the main ones.
- On trains and planes, take the same steps as in other public places - avoid close contact with other people and wear a mask on your face.
- Since it is unlikely that you will be able to wash the mask, buy a few disposable ones and change them periodically.
- Clean your hands as often as possible. Take with you a sufficient amount of alcohol-based hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol). It is not as effective as hand washing, but it is better than nothing. Remember that you need to grind the brush for at least 30 seconds.
- It is especially important to wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose.
- Try not to touch anything with your hands, especially handles, buttons and switches. Do not touch the face - eyes, nose, and mouth. Touch surrounding objects as little as possible.
- Try to keep a distance with other people. If possible, choose a way of traveling to be less in contact with anyone. Ideally, drive alone, so the risk is minimal.
- If you feel that you want to sneeze or cough, do it right - covering your mouth and nose with your elbow or disposable towel, which should immediately be thrown into a garbage container.
- Disinfect surfaces that people often touch, such as the armrests of seats in public transport, door handles in hotels, various buttons, and so on.
- Do not eat or drink in public transport. Although it is now believed that coronavirus cannot be transmitted through food, precaution will not hurt - in order to eat, you will need to remove the mask. It is better to have a snack before you hit the road.
- Use contactless payments, for example, using your smartphone or a supporting card with NFC.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warns that in buses, trains, and airplanes you will be in a limited space and may become infected if someone sitting 2 meters away has the virus. Although, during air travel, the risk of inhaling infectious particles of COVID-19 is slightly reduced, since air is filtered on board. But if a patient is near you, on-board filters are unlikely to help you.
The last weeks there is a message seen and heard everywhere “Stay Home”. Social-distancing is important today, people need to keep the distance, so to stay safe. Doctors and health officials are the one who recommends social-distancing, but some brands came around and started promoting this within twisting up their logos.
Five huge brands, well known all around the world, found an ingenious way to stay in line with health officials and recommend social-distancing. We live in a modern world, where people are looking for trends and famous brands. This step was done to encourage people to keep safe themselves.
McDonald’s separated in their logo the iconic gold arches.Editor-in-chief of Ad Age, Brian Braiker, says it’s time for brands to provide a “real, meaningful service”. So McDonald’s did this, they twisted up their logo in some locations, so to stand with health officials and highlight the importance of social-distancing.
Audi set their four rings apart, as a sign of social-distancing. On Audi official page there is an important message “Stay at home, keep your distance, stay healthy, support each other – we are in this together. As a global company and a global community, our highest priority is to identify any opportunities to #FlattenTheCurve. Stay safe.”
Volkswagen also came up in solidarity with other brands by distancing the V and W in the logo. In their official video, they encourage people by mentioning that together we can pass everything, even if we are in such situation. We can stay safe by keeping the distance and understanding the consequences.
Both Audi and Volkswagen, that share the same ownership, shared videos of their tweaked up logos on their social media. Both companies are encouraging people to stay home and keep social-distancing.
Coca Cola came up with billboards that have an important message for people. “Staying apart is the best way to stay united.”. This is the motto of the brand during quarantine and the continuous spread of coronavirus.Coca Cola is the brand that always is aligned with not only the latest events but pioneering marketing trends as well. The message appears even on billboard in the deserted Times Square in NYC.
Chiquita is sending the message by removing their fruit lady from the logo on Instagram saying she’s home. Chiquita is a famous brand that is providing basically the whole world with bananas. They removed the famous lady from the logo, so recommending social-distancing, and encourage people to stay at home.“I’m already home. Please do the same and protect yourself. #stayhome” is written on Chiquita Instagram page.