Post quarantine look
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Top 50 weight loss steps
It is not necessary to strictly follow all the recommendations, just read the article and choose what is suitable for you. The more points you complete, the easier it will be for you to achieve the desired result.
1. Eat more protein foods. Approximately 25-30% of the calories you get from protein foods are burned already during digestion, in contrast to carbohydrates, for which this figure is only 6-8%.
2. Carefully read the composition of the products. It's simple: eliminate these foods from your diet if you see a lot of corn syrup or sugar. Also, do not forget that low-fat yogurt can contain so much sugar that it is much better to eat a full-fledged product instead of this “diet” one.
3. Do the exercises while standing. According to research, any activity performed while standing, rather than sitting, burns 30% more calories.
4. Combine exercises. Alternate upper body exercises with lower body exercises. This will allow you to qualitatively work out the muscles with a tiny break between sets, which means that the training will be more effective and take less time.
5. Try exercising with your eyes closed. This can only be done during those exercises in which vision does not play a key role when the chance of injury due to temporary blindness is minimal. Without visual information, the muscles will have to work harder to maintain balance, and you will burn more calories.
6. Don't avoid housework. Cleaning the apartment can be counted as a workout. So broom in hand - and go. ;)
7. Snack on pickled or pickled cucumbers. One slice contains only 1 kcal.
8. Take more significant steps. Step over a few steps as you climb the stairs, and then walk as you usually would. This alternation of phases involves additional muscles, and as a result, you burn more calories.
9. Look for inspiration. Everyone sometimes has periods when you want to quit everything, and you don’t understand why you are doing all this. Therefore, it is better to take care of motivation in advance. Communicate with people who are an example for you, and watch feature films and documentaries about sports and health.
10. Set goals for yourself. Run 5K faster, squat 100 times; it could be anything.
11. Reduce portions. Just eat less. Use small bowls for this.
12. Eat fewer carbs. Yes, this has been said a thousand times. But the thousand and first will not be superfluous. In one study, a group of subjects reduced their daily carbohydrate intake by only 8%. As a result, the men lost about 3 kg of fat and gained 1 kg of muscle in 6 weeks.
13. Strengthen with extra weight first, then run. After strength training, you will already be tired, which means you will burn many more calories during a short run than if you ran fresh and full of energy. Work less, get more. ;)
14. Do some interval training. Alternating intensity is another excellent way to get rid of excess calories.
15. Eat more high-fiber foods.
16. Use vinegar-based dressing in salads. Vinegar and lemon juice are excellent fat burners.
17. Don't skip meals. Skipping lunch and eating a whole elephant for dinner won't help you lose weight; it will only worsen it. Prolonged time without food introduces the body into a catabolic state: muscles will begin to burn for energy.
18. Try the VersaClimber. Being upright during cardio exercises burns more calories.
19. Spend less time watching TV.
20. Exercise for at least 10 minutes 3 times a week. This is if you are incredibly lazy.
21. Try to eat fewer potato dishes. Potatoes raise blood insulin levels and cause your body to stop burning calories and start storing fat.
22. A large portion of food - only after strength training. According to research from the University of Nevada, digesting food after strength training burns 73% more calories than digesting food without prior exercise.
23. Drink water before meals. There will be less room for food in the stomach.
24. Replace potato, pasta, and cereal side dishes with vegetables.
25. Join a team. Find a running company or join a football, basketball, or other sports team. When you're part of a team, skipping practice or being lazy during class becomes much more difficult.
26. Cut down on desserts. If it’s hard to give up ice cream altogether, take just one scoop for a sample instead of the usual two or three.
27. Brush your teeth more often. According to research conducted in Japan, men who brush their teeth frequently during the day are leaner than those who brush twice daily. Thanks to the minty taste in the mouth after toothpaste, it is easier to refuse snacks with something sweet.
28. Change the number of daily calories consumed. Instead of eating the same number of calories daily, eating more one day and less the next is better. This way, you will keep your metabolism in good shape, and your body will burn more fat than if you adhered to the standard 2,000 kcal per day.
29. Always add at least a slight incline when running on the treadmill. Just 1 degree of slope in terms of intensity brings running on the treadmill closer to running outdoors.
30. Eliminate high-calorie drinks. Water is the best choice.
31. Don't skip breakfast. Studies have shown that obesity among those who do not skip breakfast is 35-50% less common than among those who neglect the morning meal.
32. Avoid convenience foods. As a rule, they contain a lot of fast carbohydrates. And it certainly won't help you lose weight.
33. Snack between main meals. Not cookies, but fruits, vegetables, dried fruits, or nuts. Your body will use energy to digest food throughout the day, not just after breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
34. Eat yogurt. According to University of Tennessee research, people who ate a diet high in calcium lost more fat than those who ate fewer calcium-rich foods.
35. Order vegetable snacks in restaurants and cafes. And don't skimp on the bread.
36. Eat nuts. They perfectly saturate and give the energy necessary for training. As a result, you get enough calories but do not get better.
37. Keep a calorie diary. Write down what and how much you eat. There are a vast number of unique applications for this.
38. Incorporate sprint intervals into your workouts. Short-term loads with small rest intervals do an excellent job burning fat at the capacity limit.
39. Watch your mood. Sometimes the desire to snack is not caused by hunger but by stress or anxiety. If you catch yourself frequently eating while experiencing certain emotions, you become emotionally addicted to food. It is imperative to get rid of this.
40. Shop for one. If you want to buy cookies or other sweets, instead of the "family" option, choose the smallest package: how much you buy, how much you eat.
41. Keep a photo diary. Take a photo of yourself at the beginning of your weight loss struggle, and then take pictures, for example, every month. So progress will be more noticeable, and motivation will increase.
42. Run not for time but a certain distance. You can slow down and run a shorter length when trying to make it on time. If you are tied to a certain distance, you will not be able to cheat and burn more calories.
43. Allow yourself indulgence in the diet once a week. It is hard to stick to a strict diet and do without your favorite food. That is why many do not stand up and break down. So choose one day of the week when you can eat anything. But only in moderation!
44. Try the rowing machine.
45. Eliminate white bread from your diet. We don't need refined carbohydrates.
46. Allow your favorite food. This point is similar to point 43. The more you restrict yourself to your favorite food, the more likely you will break loose. If you want to, then you can, but very little.
47. Move more. If possible, take a walk during your lunch break, and walk to the subway. If you drive a car, leave it in a parking lot away from the office.
48. Keep a sleep schedule. Watching your favorite TV series until 2 am is harmful. Do you remember that we rest and lose weight in a dream?
49. Make your sleep more comfortable. Buy a comfortable bed. Hang good blinds or curtains to keep the bedroom dark.
50. Eat slowly. The signal about satiety reaches our brain approximately 12 minutes after the end of lunch. The slower we chew food, the less we eat.
In recent weeks, we all have had to step far beyond the boundaries of our comfort zone. The inability to go out, anxiety for oneself and loved ones, a change in habits, the uncertainty of the future - all these factors cause stress.
In such a difficult and stressful situation, it is important to eat right, not to forget about physical activity and monitor your emotional state.
Our mood is influenced by a lot of factors. One of them is the surrounding colors. It is very important to have foods of all colors in the diet: for example, red tomatoes, orange oranges, yellow apples, green lettuce and parsley, purple eggplant and basil. This diversity also allows you to increase the amount of antioxidants, vitamins and trace elements in the diet, and it is also very useful for our microbiota.
Plan the menu for the next 3-4 days and write a list of everything you need. If you have a plan, then there will definitely be much less harmful goodies in your basket.
You eat food several times a day. Accordingly, calories, together with protein-fats-carbohydrates, enter your body properly. And if you do not spend them just as well, then they will begin to settle in the form of fat deposits on the stomach, hips and buttocks. Being in isolation and not being able to go through at least 10 thousand steps, you need to do exercises every day.
The state of routine in ordinary life a person withstands in many respects due to the potential ability to get out of it. He knows that one day there will come a day off, a holiday or a trip to a restaurant. Even for those people who have not left their homes for years, such a theoretical possibility exists and makes life bearable.
In a changing situation, it is important to carry out all the daily activities that a person is used to. Remain in the present without thinking about the future, because no one can know anything about it.