Coronaviruses can survive in the refrigerator for years. Wash your immediately
How to do it right and which solution is better to use.
We know a lot of dirty places in the house that we carefully clean. But often we forget about the most important thing - the refrigerator.
Viruses feel great at low temperatures. Studies of persistence of coronaviruses on inanimate surfaces and their inactivation with biocidal agents have shown that various types of coronaviruses can live in the refrigerator for up to 9 days. Coronavirus is assumed to be no less tenacious.
As a preventive measure, you need to wash the refrigerator at least once a month. Now is the time to do it. You will need:
- Cleaning agent. Household cleaning solutions are also quite effective, if exposed to the surface for at least 1 minute. In extreme cases, you can wash the shelves of the refrigerator with soap or wipe with ethyl alcohol.
- Cloth or paper towels.
When everything is ready, proceed.
- Unplug the refrigerator and remove all products.
- Throw away all spoiled foods - they are an ideal habitat for harmful microbes.
- Remove all shelves and remove drawers and wash them in hot soapy water as you wash dishes. You can do this in the kitchen sink, if it is too small - in the bath.
- Likewise, thoroughly wash all dishes from the refrigerator in hot water, especially one that contains something stale.
- Use the cleaning agent to clean the refrigerator itself - the inner walls, the racks for the shelves, the door handle. Act, moving from top to bottom, so that the mud does not run down to already cleared places.
- Wipe the refrigerator with paper or cloth towels, then put the racks, shelves and drawers back.
- Return the products back with a thorough inspection to see if they are all fresh. Banks, bottles, containers and bags can be pre-wiped with an alcohol raster.
Repeat this procedure regularly every 30 days, and you can reduce the risk of catching the infection through food.
Crazy ideas, but useful. These inventions can protect us from coronavirus!
The crisis triggered by COVID-19 paralyzed all activities that required human closeness! But here are a few that have discovered how to unlock areas of activity blocked by the authorities. So did a hairdresser in Ireland, the owner of a bar in Seville, Spain, and a young British man.
Nearly 5 million people have been infected and more than 318,000 have died in the fight against the new coronavirus, which is not as resistant as SARS, but is up to three times more contagious. Until the release of a vaccine (estimated to be mass-produced by the end of 2021), humanity will have to learn to protect itself and "cohabit with the killer virus," warns Michael Ryan, WHO's director of emergency situations. Many have already begun to make ingenious lifestyle changes to protect themselves and others from the killer virus.
- Seville, Spain. The bar "La Gitana Loca” hired a robot as a bartender to be able to operate during the coexistence with the virus. The robot bartender produced by the cyber company Macco can fill and serve 600 mugs in an hour. A pint sells for 0.70 euros and owner Alberto Martinez, 53, hopes to receive the operating license on May 24 when, theoretically, the state of emergency would end if Parliament does not accept Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez's proposal to extend it for another 30 days.
- Drogheda, Ireland. She invented the anti-COVID-19 hairdressing chair in order not to leave his clients with tousled hair during the epidemic. Hairdresser Jean McDonnell, from Drogheda, Lough, Ireland, opened her salon before the government began the phase of easing the austerity measures. She does the hair of her clients in front of other salons after her husband Alan developed a plexiglass cage that protects her and protects clients from possible contamination. Obviously, at the end of April a session at the hairdresser could cost 100 euros.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon, United Kingdom. He invented the curtain for hugs because he couldn't imagine seeing his grandmother and not being able to hug her. Briton Antony Cauvin, 29, spent £ 70 to turn a shower curtain into a special device to hug his grandmother during the coronavirus epidemic. He posted a video with the emotional moment on a social network. The UK has recorded over 35,000 deaths and has 245,000 people infected.
Does the beard increase the risk of coronavirus infection?
In self-isolation mode, many men began to pay less attention to shaving. A unique challenge appeared on Twitter, indicated by the tags #coronabeard and #letsgrowtogether: its participants grow beards while they are in quarantine. Jim Carrey, for example, promised not to shave until he can return from filming again.
But in February, infographics created by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention crawled through news sites. In it, the organization recommends that men shave off their beards and mustaches, otherwise they will not be able to wear a protective mask correctly.
But do not rush to grab a razor and get rid of your beauty. The media, as always, exaggerated a bit. This infographic appeared back in 2017, when they did not even suspect a coronavirus.
In an original article, the CDC advises shaving facial hair only to medical professionals who wear N95 type respiratory masks. Their CDC does not recommend wearing on the street. For those who do not work in a medical facility, an ordinary fabric mask will also work. And it may well be combined with a beard.
If you want to leave facial hair, keep in mind that you should not touch it without washing your hands before doing this. iT is also important to simply wash it thoroughly every day with soap or shampoo.If you feel that the beard constantly encourages you to touch your face - shave it away from sin.
How vaping affects the risk of coronavirus infection
Tobacco smoking may increase the risk of complications from COVID-19. The situation with vaping is similar, but in some respects, smoking electronic cigarettes is now even more dangerous than usual.
There are at least two weighty arguments against vaping. The first is the weakening of your own immune system, which is the main line of defense of the body in the fight against respiratory diseases such as COVID-19.
According to Alexa Mises, associate professor of family medicine at the University of North Carolina, while smoking a vape, the immune system tries to deal with the damage that the inhaled mixture causes to the lungs. Because of this, the body is much more difficult to fight with coronavirus and any other pathogen.
The second important argument is not in favor of vaping - exhaled steam may contain the causative agents of the virus if the person is already infected. Moreover, this vapor lingers in the air much longer than the same droplets released during sneezing, coughing or talking.
According to Robert Jackler, head of the Department of Otolaryngology at Stanford, when smoking a vape in a small room, pulmonary secretions can freeze in the air for minutes or even hours after evaporation. Accordingly, being around can be very dangerous.
Even if the smoker is not infected, the process of smoking a vape involves a constant touch of the vaporizer on the face, and this is also a risk. After all, the causative agents of coronavirus infection can remain on the hands and the device itself, and if you just touch your face, the virus can get into the respiratory tract.
All these are more than good reasons to quit smoking at least during a pandemic. Remember that there is always a risk of getting infected and getting complications, regardless of age, especially if you have chronic diseases besides a bad habit.
If you cannot afford to part with a vape, make it a rule to constantly disinfect the evaporator and wash your hands more often, including before and after each smoking.
One of the main measures to stop the spreading of coronavirus is social distancing, which means that gyms are closed. Even if there are such circumstances, we need to stay fit and healthy.
Simple and regular exercise are essential for supporting healthy immune function; preventing weight gain; boosting your mood for the whole day; and keeping you healthy during this difficult times.
It is important to limit the prolonged sedentary behavior, especially during quarantine, that’s why we should make up a schedule which include some simple but efficient indoor exercise.
Cardio workouts are important during this sedentary routine days. It boosts your health and mood for the whole day, and you do not have to spend much time for this exercises. You can have an effective cardio workout at home during quarantine, even if you don’t have much space or special equipment.
You still have some equipment at home, for example a chair which you can use. Our fantasy is great, so we can invent our equipment, like some bottles of water, maybe some weight stuff from home and other. Here are some exercises you can do with home inventory.
You can also challenge yourself for a week to make some moves, a calendar titled “Weight loss challenge” can motivate you to start losing weight and spend your time correctly during quarantine and not only. Maybe you would like workout so much, that you will continue this routine after quarantine.
It is also important during quarantine to involve the whole family for some physical efforts, especially when your kids are at home. Here are some exercises you can do with your children, motivating them to be healthy, but also have an healthy occupation during quarantine. Cycling is the choice of those who have a private house on the ground, and respectively space around the house, where children can cycle without coming in contact with other people.
You may be also motivated by another type of exercises, called Name Fitness. We, Bemorepanda challenge you to spell your name and do the workout everyday. Here are some exercises for each letter from your name, let’s take a look:
Dear friends, stay healthy and try to make a minimum physical effort daily, we concern about your well being
and good mood. Have a productive quarantine near us!
Compilation of the best jokes spotted this week.
During this difficult times, let’s laugh a little bit and cheer up ourselves. Staying home, many of us being alone, need to draw a smile on our face during this stressful moments. Stress is causing a lot of health issues, so let’s try a smile on our face, even if is hard, happiness keep us alive and healthy.
Bemorepanda collected the best jokes for today, so let’s enjoy them together and increase out immune cells. Being at home people let their creativity come out, people are making jokes and funny comments during quarantine.
When we have to go to work, or meet our friends, everywhere around the world people joke and make fun, but what to do this time when we are home? Of course, making fun on internet and sometimes on the street. There were spotted a funny photo on internet of a red balloon coming out of a sewer drainage, on which is a toilet paper. Yes, this is a scene from the movie “It”, but how about the toilet paper? Coronavirus times.
Here is the our collection of the funniest jokes for today. The coronavirus pandemic, is not a joke itself, we need to take care of ourselves and stay safe. We recommend you to stay at home and feel the spirit of this fun within your family, make some jokes, watch some funny movies and keep smiling!