Top 50 Things That Were Extremely Cool 10 Years Ago which will make us feel emotional
Idiotic applications on phones, stupid photos and stupid highlights, after which we all became like tigers ... Thank God those times are far behind.
Ten years ago, the world was completely different. You couldn't order a car with Uber. You couldn't use the Google Chrome browser and book an apartment through Airbnb.
1. Twilight stuff
2. Taking mirror selfies like this
3. Profile pic
4. Uploading photo on Facebook:
5. Lying about your life on LiveJournal
6. Convincing people the iPhone was worth the money
7. Or this app
And that one app
8. BlackBerry BBM conversations:
9. Brick Breaker score:
10.Internet Explorer crashed:
11. Pirates could beat ninjas in a fight:
12. Buying bootleg DVDs
13. Bragging about the DVDs you had in your Netflix queue:
14. Quoting that one Starburst Berries and Cream commercial
15. And quoting Borat A LOT:
16. Randomly yelling, "Leave Britney alone!"
17. Just posting on Facebook:
18. Chuck Norris jokes
19. Typing like this:
20. Thinking it was funny to Rickroll your friends:
21. Leaving a fake outgoing voicemail greetings
22. Using laser pointers all the time
23. Talking about Michael Phelps's diet like six times a day:
24. Taking pictures with that one awful Photo Booth filter:
25. Everyone on Facebook writing "LOST PHONE, NEED NUMBERS" groups:
26. Watching full-length movies that cost tens of millions of dollars to make on an iPod with a 2-inch screen:
27. Having some top songs as your ringtone:
28. "DON'T TASE ME, BRO!" :
29. Sharing memes about all the times Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog were basically twins:
30. Sending out FarmVille invites to your friends and family:
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
St. Patrick is without a doubt the most famous saint associated with Ireland. Its holiday is celebrated all over the world and is a common symbol of Irish patriotism. His legends have become commonplace in our understanding of Ireland, and the image of the bishop with a clover is an immediately recognizable symbol for many. But despite his popularity, we know very little about the real man. It seems that the legend of St. Patrick has become much more famous than the historical individual.
Bemorepanda collected for you interesting facts, here are 20 of them about the real St. Patrick.
1. The real name may not have been Patrick. We do not know for sure what his birth name is, but the tradition is that it was Maewyn Succat. He later changed it to Patrick when he became bishop, because it means "noble" in Latin.
2. There are surviving copies of the texts written by St. Patrick. Two Latin works called "Confessions" and "Letter to the Soldiers of Coroticus." These works provide the primary sources for what we know about him.
3. Dating the life of St. Patrick is difficult, but most estimates put it in the middle of the fifth century. Given that he refers to the Frankish people (who lived in places where Germany and France are now) as pagans in one of his works, this assumes that he was written between 451, with a large amount of francs flowing into Gaul is today Western Europe) and 496, when the French were baptized in large numbers.
4. There is a prayer that is said to have been written by St. Patrick, entitled "St. Patrick's Breastplate," but he being the author is now widely rejected by scholars.
5. No one knows where St. Patrick was born. It is a generally accepted fact that St. Patrick is not a native Irishman and is probably from Wales, but his specific place of birth is unclear. In his works he says that it is from a place called Bannavem Taburniae, but this location is not otherwise known.
6. St. Patrick was not the first Christian bishop in Ireland. This honor belongs to Bishop Palladius in the fifth century. Palladius was the Roman Catholic deacon sent by the Church to convert the Irish natives. Some speculate that this person was adopted through folklore and later combined with Patrick to form his legend.
7. He did not drive snakes from Ireland. Everything we know about biology tells us that Ireland has never been a home for snakes. The story was explained as a metaphor for Patrick's transformation of the native Druids left to Christianity. But pagan practices continued long after St. Patrick lived, so the exact meaning of the story is unknown.
8. Almost all the stories about St. Patrick were written centuries after he died. Two commonly cited sources are "The Life and Deeds of St. Patrick" by a Jocelin of Furness, who wrote about 1200, and "The Oldest Lives of St. Patrick" by an unknown MacEvin who wrote his works in the twentieth century. IX.
9. St. Patrick gives only the name of his father, Calpornius, and the father's grandfather, Potitus. He says his father was a deacon and his grandfather a priest. Although later the writers further explained the family tree. Jocelin and MacEvin say that his mother was a frank woman named Conceis. Conceis is said to be related to St. Martin of Tours. Although MacEvin claims to be his sister, Jocelin says she is his niece.
10. St. Patrick never mentions that he has any brothers in his deeds, but Jocelin and MacEvin claim to have a sister named Lupita.
11. From the works of St. Patrick, we have gathered that he was abducted from his home at the age of sixteen and brought to Ireland, along with thousands of others, to be sold as slaves. Patrick worked as a pastor for six years. Jocelin says he is a slave to a pagan prince named Milcho, although Patrick says nothing about his captor. Saying only he was "the man I've been with for six years."
12. Jocelin and MacEvin attribute many miracles to St. Patrick in his youth and describe him as pious since the early years. Although Patrick seems to contradict these claims. Referring to his capture in his youth, he says that "at that time I did not know the true God."
13. St. Patrick is often said to have used mackerel to explain the concept of the Trinity to Irish pagans. Despite the fame of this story, shamrock or its significance in such a way is never mentioned in any work of St. Patrick and is apparently a legend much later attached to it.
14. Shamrock - popular Irish symbol, but not a symbol of Ireland. Already in the Middle Ages in the Irish tombs and manuscripts appeared an image of a harp. However, scientists believe that the harp was popular in Irish legends and culture, long before this period. In medieval times it symbolized the harp of Ireland.
15. An estimated 34 million Americans have Irish roots. Some of them are purebred Irish, meaning they or their parents came from Ireland, but more people have mixed ancestors today. In Ireland, in itself live all 4, 2 million people.
16. In addition to green, St. Patrick's Day is associated with alcoholic libations. However, in Ireland 1903-1970, St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday. All pubs were closed for the next day. It was abolished in 1970, when St. Patrick's Day was classified as a national holiday.
17. At the age of 16, Patrick was abducted by Irish burglars who sold him into slavery. He lived for many years in Ireland, sheep, and at the age of 22 he managed to escape. After that he came to the monastery in England, where he spent 12 years.
18. St. Patrick, despite being known as the Patron Saint of Ireland, was never officially canonized. His recognition as a saint was made by popular opinion, and probably with the approval of a bishop. Although he is far from the only saint, he was never officially canonized. In fact, the church did not have any formal process for sanctification until the twelfth century. So it is safe to assume that St. Patrick will always be considered a saint.
19. March 17 was chosen for St. Patrick's Day because it is said to be the day he died. The year was declared 461, but we do not know for sure.
20. St. Patrick, you know, he can actually be based on more people. While we are pretty sure that St. Patrick was a historical figure, it is possible that the folk character is derived from two different people. Patrick of Wales and Bishop Palladius mentioned above. The two bishops had stories about their circulation until they became a unified preacher.
This holiday is not included in any calendar or country. However, this does not prevent people from celebrating this day on a grand scale.
Have you ever wondered where the origins of this holiday come from? Why didn't you choose another day for such a peculiar event? And not only in one country, but in many. Opinions are divided over the origin of this holiday. From this article you will learn not only about the history of April Fool's Day, but also about how residents of different countries celebrate this day, what traditions they have, and also get acquainted with the most interesting rallies that have become a real history.
Where did this date come from? There are several options for the origin of this merry holiday. Some are inclined to believe that this holiday is an echo of the ancient spring festival, the celebration of which fell on April. They played and joked a lot that day. Others think that the tradition of making fun of others dates back to the Middle Ages.
So far, there is no real evidence for any of the theories. There are many assumptions about the origin of this holiday. However, it all boils down to the fact that the source is still the medieval tradition of Europeans to arrange carnivals. Such a pagan holiday that Christians liked.
There are people who are sure that a similar holiday was celebrated in ancient Rome. They called it then the holiday of fools. Others are convinced that the origins of this event are ancient India, where the Day of Jokes fell on March 31st. There is also a third party. These are supporters of the idea that the tradition of joking came to us from the Irish.
There are some rather strange versions. For example, one of the options boils down to the fact that this holiday owes its appearance to the Neapolitan king Monterey. They say in honor of the fact that the earthquake stopped, the king was presented with a fish. A year later, Monterey began demanding the same fish. Unfortunately, it was not possible to find the exact same species, and the chef used another, which was as similar as possible to the previous one. However, the king could not be deceived, but he did not become angry, but on the contrary - laughed.
Bemorepanda collected some facts about April Fools Day.
1. The coolest draw is considered to be April 1, 1986. The bottom line was that the newspaper published an announcement about the decision to dismantle the symbol of France - the Eiffel Tower. There was a proposal to move the famous object to another location. The article in all colors described the process of dismantling the tower, in which even American helicopters were supposed to take part. After that, they wanted to assemble the tower in a horizontal position and use the cranes to raise it. The project took 6 months. The Parisians, in frustrated feelings, began to besiege the editorial office, constantly calling them. But on the second day, an article with a refutation was published.
2. The British also got it in 1860. Many Londoners received invitations to the solemn ceremony of washing the white lions before April 1st. The event was scheduled for 11 o'clock and was to take place in the Tower. The curious townspeople came at the appointed time to the appointed place. Imagine how upset everyone was when they were told it was just a prank.
3. One of the leading newspapers in England, by April 1, published an advertisement for a round the world trip, which cost only two hundred pounds. The message of a well-known commentator who was engaged in the propaganda of Italian spaghetti looked very truthful. He claimed that this product grows, right in the trees. The British are a little limited on this day. You can only joke until 12 noon. The most outstanding draw of the past century (1957) belongs to the BBC.
4. As for Austria and Germany, in these countries April 1 was considered a bad day. Residents were sure that people born on this day were unlucky. This is due to the fact that this date was the birthday of Judas.
5. In Finland, April Fool's Day is celebrated relatively recently.
6. Americans are used to harmless pranks. Their most popular joke is telling a friend that his laces are untied or that the sole has come off. Students with a serious expression tell their classmates that there will be no lessons, and the students move their classmates forward and then watch them in a hurry gather for pairs.
7. There is only one city where April 1st is an official holiday. This is Odessa - the birthplace of practical jokes, jokes and humorists. Perhaps, on this day, you will not find a place that would not be touched by a fun event. Many people come here to take part in the carnival and laugh heartily.
8. The Armenians have always stood out for their sense of humor. And for some time now in Armenia April 1 is celebrated in the same way almost at the official level.
9. Bulgarians are especially honored to this holiday. They really love to joke and play each other. Children like the holiday the most.
10. In one of the cities of Bulgaria they even organize exhibitions of cartoons, and absolutely everyone starts joking - even newspapers and radio.
11. In Romania, April Fool's Day is not recognized as an official holiday, but this does not prevent the citizens of this country with special sympathy for this day. They always have a reason for a joke and a ready-made anecdote.
12. The Scots distinguished themselves the most. They set aside two days to celebrate April Fools' Day. The first day is called the day of the cuckoo. But those who do not believe in practical jokes and do not succumb to deceptions - razini. And the second day is called the day of the tail. The Scots are busy putting an interesting little thing for their friends - a rubber bag, which, at the moment of pressure, begins to make not very pleasant sounds.
13. On April Fool's Day you can hear the most incredible information and believe in it. For example, once a newspaper published a note that a new resident appeared in the Moscow zoo - a mammoth. They allegedly found him frozen in Chukotka, warmed him up and transported him to the capital. This joke was taken for the truth.
14. In France, those who believe in jokes and are easily "led" to deception are called "April fish" by analogy with the young fish in water bodies, which are easy to catch at this time of year. One of the most common jokes is sticking a paper fish on a person's back.
15. The most famous April Fool's Day pranks have already been classified in The Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time, including: the fall of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a photo story about flying penguins, a UFO landing in London and others.
16. In 10% of April Fools' draws, pets are involved.
17. As of April 1, traumatologists receive 2 times more patients than on other days.
18. 23% of April Fools' pranks are related to pregnancy.
19.On April 1, 1778, a businessman from New Orleans, Oliver Polock, invented the sign of the American currency - the dollar $.
20. On this day, it is customary to play pranks on relatives, friends and acquaintances, or make fun of them.
The attitude of men towards celebrating their birthday, in most cases, does not differ in the range of emotions experienced. Bemorepanda collected several memes to congratulate the men on their birthday.
For the most part, men react reasonably evenly to the start of a meaningful encounter and its events. Cheerful meetings with friends or a cozy family dinner - this is the most common holiday fun for them. However, for a woman, the birthday of her future life partner can be an excellent opportunity to show her love and care for him. In a problematic desire to please a person so that your efforts leave pleasant and memorable emotions, it is essential not to exaggerate.
Happy Birthday for Him
If not the wife, who is sure to know about her husband's individual preferences? There is no need to force an introvert to go out in public, fill the portfolio of a brutal manager with pink notes, organize a boat trip for a person prone to seasickness, and so on. It would help if you considered all the subtleties of your husband's character. The success of the desired greeting cards depends on this.
1. Getting older
3. I know your actual age
Vivid events and impressions are the baggage of life acquisitions that remain with one person forever. And it serves as a very valuable filler of life. If you give your husband admiring emotions from unusual fun, he will surely remember and be grateful for a long time. You can arrange the event independently or find agencies that offer similar services and equipment. Many of them contribute to buying a ready-made certificate, according to which the recipient will be able to choose the method of receiving the adrenal independently. Suppose such risky activities are not in the spirit of the husband. In that case, you can limit yourself to a certificate of bowling, billiards, and other leisure facilities.
The birthday is a holiday eagerly awaited by children, adult women, and men. One of the relatives should take the initiative to prepare for the holiday. For this, we should think about the unusual wishes for a man's birthday, funny contests, and a script.
For a loved one for a long time to remember the day he was born, you have to come up with something unusual. For example, you can take such ideas. Agree in advance with all guests that they are dressed in themed costumes. For example, the subjects may be 80's style, gangster style, Hawaiian motifs. First of all, you should inform all guests that they have a detail on the topic indicated in their wardrobe.
Comic man birthday script can also help organize an incredible event where everyone perceives a great mood. The hero of the occasion inspires and rejoices because the native people so tried for it. Also, make the birthday of a remarkable man you can, decorating the room where the celebration will take place interestingly and messily. Relatives and close friends know how to surprise and enjoy the newborn baby boy. The main thing is to do everything from the heart, to invest a little in organizing the holiday.
Where to celebrate a man's birthday? The scenario of the man's birthday depends on where the event takes place. The choice of the location of the celebration depends on the date of the jubilee and the preferences of the initiator of the festival. Popular sites to organize a birthday are: In the family circle of the house, at the restaurant, in nature, at the disco.
4. Happy Birthday
6. From the gang
These are the most popular holiday options, which are most often bet. Where the event will take place, you need to start thinking about the scenario of the man's birthday. She usually hires a toastmaster, who thinks independently throughout the program when celebrating in a restaurant. But if the celebration takes place at home, someone in their family should take on the role of presenter and think of a happy birthday script for a man.
Gift ideas for men. Guests are usually puzzled by what to say to the author of the party. It is good if the person giving birth has expressed their wishes in the presentation. But if the initiator of the holiday does not know what to give him, then the guests will have to think about this issue. Of course, everyone wants to shine with originality and surprise the newborn. This will help the idea of unusual gifts for the more vigorous sex: Everyman sometimes does chores around the house. Therefore, he will be satisfied with a suitcase with various tools and accessories for renewing the apartment with his own hands.
If the initiator of the holiday has some hobby, for example, fishing, hunting, or collecting something, you can take a gift related to his amusement. In the dynamic rhythm of life, there is not always enough time to take care of your figure. Therefore, giving your birthday girl a gym membership would be great. There will never be an unnecessary T-shirt or shirt. Enjoy board games, which you can try on this day. Watches or human jewelry will also be a wonderful gift. You can give the culprit the triumph of emotion. To do this, buy a certificate for some extreme fun or a massage session.
Also, office supplies will always come in handy, such as beautifully branded notebooks with a leather cover and expensive pens. Plus, you'll be getting a funny book for a man. Each of these ideas is entirely worthy of the delight and surprise of the initiator of the holiday.
11. Getting drunk
12. Happy and one more time, happy
13. Foam cake
15. Have the time of your life
17. Drink anyway
19. Be proud
20. Being older
21. Hold him
22. Oh Lord Jesus
23. Without reminders
24. Happy new ye...
27. I know I won't see you
28. Special day
29. Long math
30. My precious
31. HB Jack
34. Cake lover
35. That could be great
36. Sexy beast
37. Happy birthday
39. Rum cake
Top football memes
FIFA (International Football Federation) statistics show that more than 270 million people worldwide, from more than 200 countries, especially in Europe, Asia, South America, and Africa, play regular football: professionals or amateurs, men, and women who love this sport.
1. Two, please
2. He’s just a child
3. A free kick
Football's (official) birth in Europe dates back to the 19th century, 1863, when rugby football split into rugby and football in England, with the latter establishing stringent rules. Clear. However, the distant origin of football is in ancient China, around the third century BC, in a game called "cuju," which was practiced as a kind of training for soldiers. They had to control the ball (which was filled with animal hair) with their foot, chest, calves, and shoulders.
The oldest football club, recognized internationally, was established in England in 1857 - FC Sheffield - still operating today, but at the amateur level. Initially, as there were no other clubs, the matches were played between FC Sheffield members; the criteria according to which the teams were formed were: married versus unmarried, unemployed versus employees, etc. In 1860, when a second club was set up in the same city - FC Hallam - the first club match was held every year.
The first football league was also created in England in 1888 by the president of the Aston Villa club in Birmingham and consisted of 12 teams.
4. Hear me out
5. Coming through
6. Good meme
The first international football match took place in 1872, between England and Scotland, in Glasgow and ended 0 - 0. The players wore "knickerbockers" (shorts) and hats or caps, this clothing detail (hat/hat) being preserved until the beginning of the twentieth century.
At the first club matches, the balls were not spherical. It was customary to inflate a pig's bladder, tie it at both ends, and wrap it in leather, giving it an oval shape. Also, the balls were lighter at first (340 - 425 grams), but in 1937, increasing to 396 - 453 grams. The first modern soccer ball was made in 1870, with an elastic rubber insert in a leather cover, an invention of Richard Lindon, who is said to have revolutionized the game of football with his idea.
The rules of the football game, established in 1863 at the time of its establishment, did not mention, until 1875, the existence of a crossbar for the goal, only the vertical bars. Therefore, to score a dream, it was enough for the ball to pass between the vertical bars, regardless of height.
The old tactics of the game were very similar to those of rugby today - the teams had strong attackers and, when offside, they attacked in groups to take the ball to the opponent's goal.
7. Tom and Jerry
9. Off the palette
The fouls and the arbitrators did not appear in the initial regulations, considering they do not commit intentional "mistakes." Various events on the field could be challenged in discussions with the captains and then with the players. The referees first appeared in the area in 1891.
The penalty kick appeared in football only in the twentieth century and could be executed from a line 11 meters from the goal and parallel to it. The goalkeeper could approach up to 5.5 meters of the executor.
Until about 1912, goalkeepers could use their hands in play on their entire half of the field, and the goalie's suit could only be blue, white, or orange/yellow.
FIFA Chief Referee Ken Aston inspired the yellow and red cards at a traffic light on Kensington High Street in London during a walk as he thought of ways to mark warnings and exclusions in the game.
At first, the breaks between innings did not have a pre-determined duration. The break lasted as long as the players could wash, change equipment, have a snack, and drink tea before the second half.
10. I Just lost
11. Dear diary
12. OMG, a ball
The fastest goal in football history was scored in the second 2.8, by the Uruguayan Ricardo Olivera, in 1998.
Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo holds the most records - the most goals scored by a footballer in the Champions League in a season (17), the most FIFA World Player trophies (3), the first Portuguese footballer to win the Golden Ball five times, and the second, after Messi, who won the "Golden Ice" three times, etc.
In football, most consider that the greatest footballer is the Argentine Maradona, sharing with the Brazilian Pele the title of "Player of the Century" award by FIFA.
Most own goals in a match belong to Stade Olympique de L’Emyrne, Madagascar, which, in 2006, in the game against A.S. In addition, he scored 149 own goals.
The opening match of the famous Wembley Stadium in London (where the EURO 2020 UEFA final will also take place), which took place in 1923, was attended by 190,000 spectators.
The highest number of spectators present at a football match was recorded in 1950, during the final of the World Cup in Brazil, the game being played between the national teams of Brazil and Uruguay, in the Maracana stadium. One hundred ninety-nine thousand eight hundred fifty-four spectators were about to see this match.
13. They going to kiss
14. Spot the ball
15. Cool handbag
The game rules were outlined in the mid-19th century to standardize the practices of a wide variety of similar games played in UK schools. Cambridge rules, identical to those of today, were created at Trinity College, Cambridge, in 1848, at a meeting of representatives of several colleges: Eton College, Harrow School, Rugby School, Winchester College, and Shrewsbury School. But they were far from universal rules. In the 1850s, many clubs were formed, independent of schools or universities, that played various forms of football. Many used their own rules, the best example being Sheffield F.C. (former Harrow School students). It was founded in 1857, and its rules led to the formation of the Sheffield & Hallamshire Football Federation in 1867. In 1862, John Charles Thring of Uppingham School created another commonly used set of rules.
These efforts led to the founding of the Football Federation (FA) in 1863, which first met on October 26, 1863, at Freemason's Tavern in Great Queen Street, London. The only school that was represented at this meeting was Charterhouse School. Freemason’s Tavern was the meeting place for the Federation for another five meetings, between October and December. During this time, the first comprehensive set of rules was born. At the last meeting, the first treasurer of the FA, who was the Blackheath representative, withdrew his club from the FA, due to the exclusion from the rules, at the previous meeting, two basic rules: the first was the one that allowed running with the ball in his hands and the second, the possibility of stopping the opponent by hitting him in the "whistle, by shooting, or by holding. Other English rugby clubs followed suit and did not join the FA. But in 1871, they formed the Rugby Football Union. The remaining 11 clubs in the FA, led by Ebenezer Cobb Morley, have ratified the first 14 rules of the game. Despite this, the Sheffield club continued to play by its own rules until the 1870s.
Today the rules of the game are set by the International Football Association Board (IFAB). It was founded in 1886 after a meeting of the English Football Federation, the Scottish Football Federation, the Welsh Football Federation, and the Irish Football Federation in Manchester.
In 1888, Aston Villa club president William McGregor formed the first football league in England. The original format contained 12 teams from central and northern England.
The FIFA International Football Federation was formed in Paris in 1904, and its representatives decided to adopt the rules created by IFAB. The growing popularity of the game led to the union of the representatives of the two federations (FIFA and IFAB). Today, their leadership consists of 4 FIFA representatives and 1 representative from each British federation.
Football is popular with both children and adults.
17. Mom, I’m in
20. At twitter
22. Still open
24. Last month
25. Blade grass
26. Messi coming
28. Bad boy
29. Love football
30. About relationship
32. Not coming home
36. In my head
38. Let’s dance
39. Something in the air
40. It’s gone
44. I got two
45. Football season
46. That’s why
49. Slow motion
50. Complete list
My name is pronounced Komma-la, as in the case of the punctuation mark, wrote Kamala Harris in her autobiography from 2018, The Truth We Hold (n.r.). The California senator, the daughter of an Indian-born mother and a Jamaican-born father, then explained what her Indian name means: "lotus flower," a powerful symbol in Indian culture. "A lotus grows underwater, its flowers rise to the surface, while its roots are firmly anchored to the bottom of the river," the senator explained.
Today Bemorepanda collected some funny memes about the USA Senator.
1.Maya Rudolph tweet
As a child, young Kamala and her sister, Maya, grew up in a home that listened to the music of black American artists. Her mother, a cancer researcher, sang Aretha Franklin's gospels, while her father was a jazz lover who taught economics at Stanford University.
Shyamala Gopalan and Donald Harris broke up when Kamala was five years old. Raised by their mother, who never remarried, Kamala, Maya and Shymala were known as "Shymala and the girls", and the mother made sure her daughters were aware of their roots, writes BBC.
Kamala Harris and her sister, Maya Lakshmi Harris, are very close. "My mother understood very well that she has two black girls to raise. She knew that her adopted country would see Maya and me as girls of color, and she was determined to raise two very confident women of color, ”wrote the woman who could become the first female vice president in US history.
"Harris grew up embracing her Indian culture, but proudly living African-American life," The Washington Post wrote last year.
Her mother was a prodigious young woman: she graduated from Delhi University at the age of 19 and left India in 1958 to pursue a doctorate in nutrition and endocrinology, later becoming a researcher in breast cancer. She received her doctorate at the age of 25, in 1964, the same year she gave birth to Kamala. He went to work until the last minute. When the water broke, he was in the lab.
Shymala Gopalan had promised to return to India after graduation, and had even agreed to an arranged marriage. But fate changed his plans. He met Harris, with whom he fell in love, in Berkeley while participating in the civil rights movement.
However, Kamala Harris has often accompanied her mother on visits to her grandparents in India, and she keeps in touch with her mother's family.
Shyamala Gopalan died in 2009 at the age of 70.
A few months after Kamala Harris gave up her presidential dream, she now has the chance to reach the White House by teaming up with former Vice President Joe Biden.
A year ago, the California senator stood out among the Democratic Party candidates and openly criticized Joe Biden for a debate, but in late 2019 announced that she was giving up the campaign due to lack of funds.
Kamala Harris was born in Oakland, California. He is 55 years old.
Kamala spent five years in Montreal, Canada, where she and her sister accompanied her mother, who had received a teaching position at McGill University. He then went to college in the United States, spending four years at Howard University, one of the most prominent educational institutions in the history of the black community in the United States, an experience that the future senator confesses marked and formed.
10.I wear pearls
13.Who is she?
14.Pick a running mate
Proud of her multicultural heritage and identity, Kamala Harris simply describes herself as "American." In 2019, he told The Washington Post that politicians should not adapt their behavior to their color or background. "My point is: I am who I am. I'm good as I am. Maybe you have to figure it out, but I don't mind, "she said.
After four years at Howard, Kamala Harris graduated from law school at the University of California and began her career at the Almeda District Attorney's Office. She then became chief prosecutor in San Francisco in 2003, then was elected attorney general of the state of California, becoming the first woman and the first person of color to hold this important position in America's most populous state.
During her nearly two terms as attorney general, Kamala Harris also entered politics, becoming one of the rising politicians in the Democratic Party, which led to her being elected senator for California in 2017. in the US Congress.
Following her election to the US Senate, the former prosecutor stood out especially at the hearings of Brett Kavanaugh, a proposed Supreme Court judge, and William Barr, the current US attorney general, to whom he asked awkward and insistent questions.
Then, at the beginning of last year, he launched his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election, in front of a crowd of over 20,000 people. She was born in Oakland, California, where she was born.
At first, she was enthusiastic, but the senator failed to give consistency to her campaign and gave evasive answers to key policy questions, such as health insurance. In the debates, however, she proved to be a very good speaker, showing her skills as a prosecutor and often her arrows targeting Joe Biden.
15.Tulsi or Kamala?
17.That was awesome
Harris tried to go somewhere in the middle, on the fine line that separates the wings of progressives and moderates from the Democratic Party, but in the end failed to attract either side, and in December announced his withdrawal from the race. , just before the Iowa primary election.
Then, in March, Harris announced his support for former Vice President Biden, saying he would do everything in his power to be elected future president of the United States.
Despite her left-wing stance on issues such as gay marriage and the death penalty, Kamala has been attacked by progressives for not being open enough, especially on issues such as police reform, drug reform and wrongful convictions.
When Kamala Harris married lawyer Douglas Emhoff in 2014, she put a wreath around his neck and stepped on a glass, "to preserve the Indian and Jewish heritage," she said.
The couple has no children together, but Kamala Harris is a stepmother to the two children the lawyer has from a previous marriage. It's called "Momala."
The couple's fortune is estimated at $ 5.8 million.
As for Maya, the senator's sister, she was a political analyst at MNSBC, and her husband, Tony West, now works for Uber, but was an official in the Justice Department.
25.Two days later
27.Batman and Kamala
30.Oh, yes, that’s me
32.Asking for money
34.Vote for me
35.Who would win?
38.If you have a problem
41.Don’t believe in science
44.All men are evil