Cool, Expensive or Ridiculous. The most Interesting and Breathtaking Christmas Trees in the World
What could be a Christmas tree? Lively, artificial, bright, spectacular. Well, come on, strain your imagination. In fact, it can be anything: wooden, chocolate, crystal, precious ... It can be built from bottles, and even old tires. And it will still remain a festive tree.
There is nothing left until the New Year. Everyone is waiting for this holiday and, of course, they are preparing for it. Today on Bemorepanda we will show you the most unusual solutions for decorating Christmas trees. By the way, in the role of the forest beauties themselves, they did not always eat. Instead of traditional trees that only people do not use! And books, and skis, and stairs ... However, we will not reveal all the cards. Bemorepanda has compiled a selection of unusual Christmas trees planted in different cities over the years.
The most luxurious Christmas tree was installed at the Emirates Palace Hotel (Abu Dhabi, UAE). Decorators used gold, diamonds, pearls, emeralds, sapphires, real jewelry worth over $ 11 million to
decorate the 13-meter spruce tree.
Japanese jeweler Ginza Tanaka is considered a specialist in making the most expensive Christmas trees. The showcase of his jewelry store has been decorated with precious trees for several years. For example, in 2012, a stylized spruce 2.4 meters high and weighing 40 kilograms was created from pure gold. The tree was decorated with figurines of famous Disney characters. The New Year's symbol was valued at approximately $ 4.2 million. A year earlier, a 12-kilogram golden tree decorated with ribbons, orchid flowers and hearts of gold was displayed in the window of the same Tokyo jewelry store, each of which cost about $ 1.5 thousand. The gold star adorning the top of the tree cost more than $ 65,000, and the total cost was approximately $ 2 million.
The most brilliant
Christmas trees studded with Swarovski crystals or almost entirely made of them are installed annually in one of the cities of the world. Last year, Swarovski designers erected a Christmas symbol in the open air on the famous Orchard Road in Singapore. The spruce was adorned with mirrored snowflakes, a swan logo and Swarovski lettering. When decorating the Christmas tree, 28 thousand crystals were used.
The most budgetary
A Christmas tree was made practically from garbage, which adorned the square of Kaunas (Lithuania) in 2011. Several thousand green plastic bottles were needed to create a 14-meter tree. At night, the entire structure was illuminated and looked very impressive.
Another Christmas tree from unnecessary containers was installed in Haifa (Israel). The spruce was 10 meters high and 5480 plastic bottles were used to make it. Energy-saving LED lamps served as decoration.
The biggest Christmas Tree
The world's largest Christmas tree included in the Guinness Book of Records is located in the city of Gubbio (Italy). This is a huge (130,000 sq. M.) Light installation located on Mount Indzhino.
The largest living (growing) "spruce" at Christmas decorates the city of Wilmington (USA). The height of the tree is 15 meters, the girth is 33 meters. Although in fact it is a 400 year old oak tree.
And the tallest artificial Christmas tree in the world was installed in Mexico City in 2009. The tree is 110.35 meters high, 35 meters in diameter, decorated with 1.2 million bulbs, has been entered into the Guinness Book of Records.
The "Drinking" Tree
Another source of inspiration for designers was alcohol, or rather, alcoholic containers.
So, near one of the shopping centers in Shanghai, the Dutch company Heineken built a spruce from 1,100 bottles of beer.
A Christmas tree was installed in the London Sofitel hotel in 2010, decorated with bottles of French Louis XIII cognac. A crystal chandelier crowned the crown of the Christmas tree. The cost of this installation was approximately £ 35,000.
Meanwhile, in Lynchburg (USA), a "spruce" of 140 barrels full of Jack Daniel's whiskey was installed.
The most difficult
Christmas trees made from the famous Lego bricks appear in different cities almost every year. In 2012, in the city of Johor Bahru (Malaysia), a 9-meter tree weighing 6 tons was made from 400,000 LEGO bricks. It took 10 weeks to create it. The tree is decorated with more than 300 balls and candles made of legoblocks.
Another similar spruce adorned St Pancras Station in London. The construction of the Lego Christmas tree, 11 meters high and weighing 3 tons, took almost three weeks and 600 thousand LEGO bricks, making up 172 separate parts, which were then connected to each other using a steel rod. The tree is decorated with 1,200 toys, also made from a construction set by London schoolchildren.
The most delicious
To the delight of the sweet tooth, French chocolatier Patrick Rogers created a 10-meter spruce using a ton of the best dark chocolate. White chocolate and powdered sugar were used to simulate snow on the tree. Together with the supporting structure, the resulting dessert weighed 3.6 tons. Everyone could taste a piece of this sweet beauty at a price of 5 euros per 100 grams.
And in Singapore, the confectionery company Ferrero Rocher created a Christmas tree from huge candies. In the evening it was illuminated with thousands of lights.
And finally, a few ideas for creating unusual Christmas trees with your own hands.
Creative way to create of a modern Christmas Tree
This is in the name of 2020, Coronavirus Year
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Is life not going as planned? Is life boring, gray and dreary? You need interesting and worthy goals. What goals should you achieve in your life in order to make it more eventful, vibrant, happy, successful and exciting? Yearly goals can be life changing very soon. All change begins with small, positive steps towards a goal.
We love to start a new life from a new week or new year, but the emotional impulse quickly fades away. We forget our set goals, preferring apathy, laziness, and inaction. But by throwing out goals, we betray all our dreams for another life. Which we dreamed and wanted.
Sometimes it is difficult to come up with worthy goals, or they are very difficult and unattainable. You will not need to move mountains, but only take small steps forward.
Anyways there are people who just can't resist this battle, especially with diets and healthy lifestyle. Bemorepanda collected a top of 40 funny memes about how people fail with their diets in the new year.
1.I have to start my new diet
3.Well, I tried
4.One does not simply keep the resolutions
5.The whole new year
7.3 hours of diet
8.When friends help you
9.How is your diet
10.Before going on my 3 days diet
11.Expectations vs reality
12.Look the same
16.No time for that
18.Trying to start new year
19.Five miles today
20.I don't make new year's resolutions
21.I really want to get in sahpe
22.How i feel after workout
24.Resolution holding up?
25.New Years resolution was to get a hot body
27.All right, then
28.Hate everything more
30.Dam I look so bad
32.Salad keeps making jokes
33.New year resolution
36.Listening to new year's resolution
37.People be like
38.New year resolution be like
39.What about your new year resolution?
40.Don't break your new year's resolution
New Year's Superstitions 2021. What is good and what you should not do on New Year's Eve - 60 superstitions
Even if you are not a superstitious person at all and do not believe in any mysticism, teach: New Year's signs and superstitions come true, because on this festive night real miracles can happen! Therefore, it is imperative to pay attention to the small clues that the Higher Forces send at this magical time. Better to play it safe than to disentangle the results of your disdain for popular beliefs and prejudices all year later!
Our ancestors believed unconditionally that New Year's signs tell the truth, and they certainly understood magic better than modern people. True, sometimes, in order to avoid troubles in the coming year, one must not only know at least the basic signs and superstitions, but also be able to correctly interpret them. But it really depends a lot on your imagination! Here are a few New Year's signs talking about what needs to be done before the New Year and what to look for on a festive night. And to believe in them or not is a purely personal matter. Bemorepanda collected all them for You.
How to celebrate the end of 2020?
• From December 29 to December 31, it is necessary to generously mark the farewell to the old year. they prepared for the farewell in the same way as for the new year: the table was plentiful. Then the whole next year will be in abundance.
• Before the New Year, you should ask for forgiveness from everyone who offended in the past year inadvertently.
• You should not pay debts in the New Year. Before the new year, you have to pay off all debts by December 31, and on January 1, do not pay them back, otherwise you will pay off the whole year.
• By the New Year, you should clean up the house, disassemble all the rubble, corners, rub glass and mirrors to sparkle. Throw out all broken, chipped or cracked dishes from the house. Get rid of items reminiscent of the troubles of the past year.
Preparation for the New Year
• On the night of December 31, you may have a dream that characterizes the entire next year.
• Before the New Year, you must not quarrel, otherwise there will be no home welfare for a whole year.
• New Year is a family holiday, so do not forget to invite your parents or visit them yourself, and you can invite guests to your place the next day.
• In the old days, on New Year's, it was customary to tie ropes around the legs of the table, at which the whole family gathered. It was believed that this would help keep the whole family in full force for the next year - no one would leave home, would not break the family grief and sadness.
• For the New Year, you need to put on a new dress, then there will be many new things throughout the year.
• To celebrate the New Year, wear new and best outfits and jewelry - to live richly. Throw old clothes and shoes over the threshold - so that troubles remain in the past.
• On the New Year's festive table and in the decoration of the house there should be fruits, rice, wheat, nuts - what symbolizes prosperity.
• The New Year's table should be rich for abundance and prosperity all year round.
• On New Year's Eve in the villages they put out the fire in the huts, and at sunrise they light it up again so as not to offend the brownie. An offended spirit can hide a wallet or other necessary thing. They arrange a noisy and plentiful feast so that the year is cheerful and well-fed. (according to M. Forgotten)
• In the New Year, you must have your own amulet and talisman, which will bring good luck and protect you and your family.
• If you like gambling, refrain from it on New Year's Eve, do not tempt fate.
• Whoever has an empty pocket in the New Year will spend the whole year in need.
The New Year's Eve
• At New Year's midnight, when the clock strikes 12 times, everyone makes the most cherished wishes, which must necessarily come true in the coming year.
• Before 12 at night, women need to put on capes or scarves over their shoulders, and after the twelfth blow, quickly remove them. All illnesses and bad events will remain in the past year.
• When the chimes strike for the first time, hold a penny in your left palm and guess so that in the new year you will have money. Throw a coin into a glass of champagne and drink it. Then make a hole in the coin and wear it on the chain like a key chain.
• While the chimes are ringing, quickly write your wish on a piece of napkin, light it and throw it into a glass of champagne, drink it until the last sip until 12 o'clock. Your wish will definitely come true.
• A minute before the chimes, you need to take a tangerine (orange), peel it and put it under the tree. If you have time, then the year will be very happy.
• For wealth, you need to sprinkle all those present with plenty of grain on the New Year, or at least cook porridge and serve it to the table, which is especially welcomed by the year of the Rooster.
• The more people you congratulate, the more luck awaits you in the coming year.
Give everyone gifts, treat them, wish a happy New Year!
• All favorable and unfavorable New Year's meetings acquire double importance in comparison with everyday meetings, but among the meetings only one stands out - an afternoon meeting outside the home: if you meet a man, you will be healthy all year, and if a woman, you will be ill.
• If someone sneezes on New Year's, he will be happy all year. How many times you sneeze, so many girls will love you.
• What happened on the New Year will be in variations repeated with a person throughout the year.
• Any New Year's excess or lack, peace or quarrel, etc. indicate what a person will have for the whole year - with what the New Year found a person, so he will remain until the end, therefore, they do not lend anything in the New Year.
• You can not lend to strangers for the New Year any of the objects, one way or another associated with fire: in the old days - the fire itself from the oven, and now - matches or lighters.
• If you are spending New Year's Eve outside the city or if you have a fireplace in your house, make sure that the fire does not go out in the stove or fireplace throughout the whole New Year's Eve. That is why in Europe it is considered a good omen to bring a piece of coal into the house on New Year's and throw it into the hearth.
• If women play cards in the New Year, the hens will peck cucumbers (spoil them).
New Year's traditions, fortune-telling
On New Year's Eve, they wondered a lot: - they poured wax from the candle of the festive table into cold water and judged the future by the figure;
- they overheard other people's conversations, scraps of phrases and judged the future from them ...
• Listen to sounds outside the window: ringing of a church bell - to important events in the family, meowing of a cat - to a new neighbor, barking of a dog - to a new friend (for girls - to the groom), bird voices - to good news (for guys - to the bride) ...
• For the New Year, you need to freeze water in a spoon; if there are bubbles - to longevity, if holes - to death.
• Anyone who is waiting for the betrothed can sweep under the table: find grain or bread crumbs - for marriage. Put the first piece from the festive table under the bed - in a dream you will see a narrowed one.
• During New Year's washing, you should put copper or gold money (or gizmos) into the water in order to be beautiful and strong throughout the year, like gold and copper, as well as silver money or gizmos in order to have a white face.
• Sitting at the New Year's festive table and gazing at your shadow cast by a candle flame or tongues of fire in the fireplace. If you see yourself with a head - good, without a head - it's bad.
• If a girl pricks or cuts her finger on New Year's Eve, she will marry in the new year.
• New Year girls overhear conversations under other people's doors (the word “go” they hear foreshadows marriage, “sit” - protracted girlhood).
• People often guess about life by the spoons left on the table on New Year's Eve after everyone went to bed. Each person remembers his spoon and the next morning he looks at how it lies: if the notch down, everything is in order, but if it turned over, you should think about your health, save yourself from trouble and take care of the will.
• Write on a piece of paper your most cherished wish (only one!) And burn the piece of paper, throw the ashes out the window into the wind with the words: "Wind, drive the longing and sadness from me, give me luck and joy!" And say your cherished desire. Then continue: "What you have thought, fulfill, the spirit of the wind, please, I conjure with my strength, I put it on your wings!" Say this three times. The desire will come true.
• Remarkable is the European custom of choosing the "bean king" in the New Year. Before treating to a festive cake, a child should be placed under the table, who will name the one to whom each of the sliced pieces of cake should be given. When the pie is eaten, it will be revealed who got the piece with the bean or bean baked inside. The recipient of such a piece is considered lucky: he is guaranteed good luck throughout the year, but at the very New Year's holiday - the position of manager and toastmaster.
• You can see the groom not only in a dream. On New Year's Eve, pour water into a cup, add salt and ash, put it on the window and say: "Drink water, salt with salt, burn ash, and I have to watch the groom." Look into the cup while doing this. If you are about to get married, then you will definitely see your betrothed.
• On New Year's Eve, the girls put four card kings from the deck under their pillow. Whichever one dreams or will be pulled out first in the morning - so will the groom.
New Year's fortune-telling
• In a dream on New Year's Eve, you can find a previously lost thing.
It is necessary to put a glass of water under the bed, two forks into it - prongs up. Then a hint will come in a dream.
• On New Year's Eve, in severe frost, water was frozen in a spoon. If the ice turns out to be in bubbles - to good health and longevity. If there was a hole in the center, it foreshadowed illness or even death, and not necessarily the one who made the guess, but, possibly, someone close to him.
• If in the New Year the owner knocks on a pear, apple or plum tree three times, then a bountiful harvest will grow on this tree.
• If the sky is starry on New Year's Eve - this is for the harvest of berries and mushrooms.
• On New Year's Eve, severe frost and a small snow - to the harvest of bread, and heat and lack of snow in the yard that day feared more than a fire, as it was a sure sign of a coming crop failure and hunger.
to the begining
What for January 1 New Year?
• As you start the New Year, you will live it. January 1st sets the tone for the whole year.
• If you look at the sky: if there are many stars, there will be a good harvest of berries.
• If there is thick frost on the trees in the morning on January 1, the year will be grain-growing, otherwise it will be hungry.
• Cloudy before lunchtime on January 1, but clear after lunch - late sowing is better.
• If in January the echo goes far, the frost grows stronger
• On January 1, do not do heavy and dirty work, otherwise you will mess around in the mud and experience hardships all year round. You cannot clean the house, especially sweep and mop the floors, throw away trash - this promises losses and losses.
• If on the first day of the new year the trader gives the goods to the first oncoming buyer very cheaply, then the whole year will be a successful trade.
• When the time comes, do not throw the Christmas tree out of the window or from the balcony - family life will go to dust, happiness will collapse. The tree must be taken out and stuck in the snow.
Hardly anyone loves the New Year more than the Chinese, because they celebrate it several times. First, according to the Gregorian calendar (on the night of January 1), and then also according to the Eastern. Chinese New Year 2021 - twice a holiday!
Chinese New Year has long been the main and longest holiday in the Middle Kingdom and other countries of East Asia. Unlike its Western counterpart, there is no fixed date for the start of the Chinese New Year, and it is set at a different time each year.
The first day of the holiday in China falls on the second new moon after the winter solstice (that is, after December 21). In the Gregorian calendar, this usually corresponds to one of the days between January 21st and February 21st. The celebration usually lasts 15 days.
Thus, the next year according to the Chinese calendar will come on February 12, 2021. And it is planned to celebrate its offensive in China from February 12 to February 27. However, the Chinese will officially rest for only seven days - from 12 to 18 February.
The exact time of the Chinese New Year
The second new moon after the winter solstice will occur on February 12, 2021 at 00:03 Moscow time or 05:03 Beijing time. This time will be considered the beginning of the New Year according to the Eastern calendar. By the way, in China they will not celebrate 2021, as we will do very soon, but 4719.
Symbol of the year
Each year in China is symbolized by a combination that is repeated only once every 60 years. This combination represents one of the 12 zodiac animals of a certain color, corresponding to one of the five elements (water, earth, metal, fire and wood). Chinese New Year 2021 will symbolize the animal Ox and the elements of Metal, and the main color of the year will be white.
By the way, every 60-year circle begins with a wooden Rat and ends with a water Pig. Another such circle started on February 2, 1984, and it will end on January 29, 2044.
Preparing for Chinese New Year
According to an ancient myth, at the beginning of each new year, the Chinese are forced to hide from a monster named Nian (translated from Chinese as "Year"), which is believed to appear on the first day of the holiday in order to ravage all settlements: to eat all the livestock and the harvest, and at the same time a couple of villagers.
To protect their homes from this monster, the Chinese decorate them in advance: they glue them on the outside with beautiful patterns of red paper, paired inscriptions and pictures with wishes of happiness, health and longevity, and also hang red lanterns everywhere. The legend about the origin of the holiday will again help to understand what such a love for red is connected with. So, this legend says that one day people noticed how Nian, who usually loves to feast on children, was frightened by a child in red clothes. Without thinking twice, eyewitnesses of this amazing incident came to the conclusion that it was the color that scared the monster away.
In addition, on the eve of the holiday, each family carefully cleans their homes, believing that in this way they cleanse their lives from any failures and make room for happiness.
On New Year's Eve, Chinese families usually gather around the table. By the way, in the Celestial Empire it is customary to richly set the table for a festive dinner. Housewives, as a rule, prepare the most favorite dishes in the family. Traditionally, meat and fish must be on the table, as well as dumplings (jiaozi), which are the figurative embodiment of one of the main wishes - the birth of sons.
Moreover, for a festive dinner, even those family members who work or study in other cities or countries return home. All Chinese strive to celebrate the New Year with their parents, which is why on the eve of the holiday all transport in the country is overcrowded and it is simply impossible to buy tickets.
The festive night ends with fireworks and firecrackers, which are believed to scare away evil spirits and attract the spirit of peace and happiness to the family.
The first days of Chinese New Year
In the early morning of the next day, children congratulate their parents, wishing them health and a happy New Year, and in return they receive wishes for future success and red envelopes with money.
After that, the whole family goes to congratulate relatives and neighbors. Such visits to guests usually completely take the first five days of the new year.
And, of course, it cannot do without gifts. So, in the Celestial Empire, it is customary to give gifts from paired objects symbolizing unity and family harmony (while the number four is not recommended, since the Chinese associate it with death).
In addition, when visiting, it is customary for the owners to present two tangerines, and when leaving, they receive two other tangerines from them. Thus, the hosts and guests exchange symbols of financial well-being, which, according to the Chinese, are tangerines.
Having visited all relatives and neighbors, the Chinese go out to festivities with traditional dances. As a rule, the traditional ones include the lion dance (dancers, being inside the figure of a lion, imitate the movements of this animal) and the dragon dance (a special team of people, holding a dragon made of paper on poles, moves in such a way that the snake-like body makes undulating movements).