Leading sex therapist Tracey Cox reveals top sex trends for 2021. Coronavirus is to blame
Leading British sexologist Tracey Cox, the author of numerous books, named the main sex trends of 2020 and shared predictions for 2021. Her words are quoted by the Daily Mail.
According to Cox, 2021 will be the year of sexual experimentation. According to a study by a British sex toy retailer, in 2020, 52 percent of couples surveyed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and self-isolation have tried something new in sex: role-playing, car sex and the embodiment of partner's erotic fantasies. 71 percent of them said they will continue to experiment after the end of the pandemic.
Representatives of one of the sex dating sites noted that in 2020 an unusually large number of users began to identify themselves as bisexual. They assume that the number of people open to new sexual experiences will only grow in the next year.
The sexologist claims that people began to search more often in search engines for information about BDSM. In 2020, sales of strap-ons have grown by 200 percent. Ten percent of the 1,000 British women surveyed said they used them in sex with male partners, another ten percent admitted that they would like to try.
Cox said that in 2021, people will become even more open to long-distance relationships: due to the restrictions imposed by the pandemic, meeting in person is becoming more difficult. According to one of the dating apps, half of the users are ready to look for a partner "anywhere", before the majority preferred to set strict geographic boundaries. 66 percent of those surveyed said talking with a partner became much more important to them than before. 70 percent of respondents are ready for a virtual date, and 33 percent are open to long-term long-distance relationships.
In 2021, the trend for sex toys will continue: a third of respondents bought new devices in 2020. At the same time, sales of toys for couples have grown unprecedentedly in the past year. Cox said the category is usually much less in demand.
The sexologist noted that the pandemic made people remember about their former partners. One in five respondents admitted that he wrote or called them, a quarter of the respondents said that they themselves contacted them. The overwhelming majority supported the dialogue. In most cases, people just wanted to know if their ex was doing well.
Cox emphasized that in 2020, many began to practice mindfulness during sex: that is, enjoying the moment, and not worrying about their appearance, skills or problems reaching orgasm.
Earlier, sexologist Emily Morse told why women fake orgasm. According to her, they often do this to please the male ego and avoid embarrassing situations.
On Valentine's Day, most people's thoughts are focused on romance, love objects and gifts. But it is always useful to abstract a little from the amorous euphoria and learn something new and unfamiliar about Valentine's Day. Therefore, on February 14, Bemorepanda offers the top 100 most interesting facts about this holiday.
1. It is customary to celebrate Valentine's Day all over the world on 14 February.
2. This holiday was named in honor of the Martyr Valentine.
3. During the reign of the Roman emperor, Claudius was the priest Valentine.
4. Since 1777, this day has been widely celebrated in the United States.
5. Since the 13th century, this day has been widely celebrated in Western Europe.
6. This holiday is secular in Russia.
7. On Valentine's Day, more than 50 million roses are sold worldwide.
8. On this day, more than 9 million people in the world buy gifts for their pets.
9. Sweets and chocolates are considered the most popular gifts on this day.
10. February 14 became a men's holiday in Japan.
11. In Saudi Arabia and Iran, it is forbidden to celebrate this holiday.
12. The tradition of celebrating this holiday originates from middle England.
13. Postcards are the second most popular after Christmas cards.
14.On February 14, 1929, Al Capone's rival enemies were shot.
15. Women spend on gifts this day half as much as men.
16. Condom sales are high on this day.
17. Duke Charles of Orleans created the first Valentine in 1415.
18. Pigeons are officially considered a symbol of Valentine's Day.
19. Computer Engineer's Day is also celebrated on February 14th.
20. Sales of contraceptives increase by 25% on this day.
21. 2001 was the record for the highest number of marriages.
22. The Day of Mental Health is celebrated by the Germans on this day.
23. More than 75% of suicides on this day are attributed to unhappy love.
24. Once upon a time, lovers exchanged postcards decorated with gold on this day.
25. This day is called sweet in Italy.
26. On February 14, Finland celebrates Women's Day.
27. In France, for the first time, a tradition arose to give poetry on this day.
28. In England, gifts are also given to pets on this day.
29. Handmade gifts are especially appreciated on this day.
30. On February 14 Pope Gelasius declared Valentine's Day around 498 BC.
31. More than 53% of women abandon their men if they come to them without gifts.
32. Richard Cadbury in 1868 presented the first box of chocolate on this day.
33. On this holiday 15% of women give flowers to themselves.
34. About 1 billion cards are sent on this day every year.
35.85% of all valentines are bought by women.
36.39% of all sweets are received by children on this day.
37. In Japan it is customary to give sweets, linen and jewelry on this day.
38. The sale of pregnancy tests in pharmacies is increasing on this day.
39. Flowers presented on this day have different meanings.
40. This day was called "Bird's wedding" in the Middle Ages.
41. In 2011, the world's largest chocolate bar was made in Switzerland, designed specifically for this holiday.
42. The first Valentine's card in the world is kept in the British Museum.
43. In Germany, it is customary to plant onions in a pot on this day with the written name of a loved one. 44. Italian navigator James Cook died in Hawaii in 1779.
45. USA got Texas on this day in 1848.
46.3 Oregon became the 33rd US state in 1859.
47. A third of the seats in the local Diet were won by Ukrainians in the elections in Galicia in 1914.
48. Soviet Russia in 1918 switched to the Gregorian calendar.
49. One of the first computers in 1946 was presented on this day.
50. The XX Congress of the CPSU opened in Moscow in 1956.
51. Into this day, rock and roll music was banned in Iran in 1958.
52. The automatic station "Luna-20" was launched to the Moon in 1972.
53. In Dublin in 1981, 48 people died on this day in a fire.
54. Elton John married Renate Blauel on this day in 1984.
55. The “Declaration on the Principles of Cooperation” was adopted in Minsk in 1992.
56. Russia and Ukraine established diplomatic relations in 1992.
57. The Fundamentals of Ukrainian Legislation on Culture were approved on 14 February 1992.
58. In 1993 Hungary, Poland and Ukraine signed an agreement on cooperation between peoples.
59. On this day in 1998, the wedding of movie star Sharon Stone and the editor of the San Francisco Examiner newspaper Phil Bronstein took place.
60. Dolly the cloned sheep died in 2003.
61. In 2004, 28 people were killed in the Moscow Transvaal Park.
62. Unmarried English girls take this holiday very seriously and responsibly.
63. Annually, about 1000 cards are sent to Juliet.
64. The oldest love poem was written in 3500 BC.
65. The favorite flower of the Goddess of Love was a red rose.
66. Wooden spoons with hearts are customary to give on February 14 in Wales.
67. Traditionally in America, pilgrims sent a variety of sweets as gifts.
68. Two times less money than men spend on gifts for women.
69. The month of pregnancy tests is the month of March.
70. Flower shops earn colossal sums on this day.
71. Heart-shaped candies were the first gifts on this day.
72. Saint Valentine was the patron saint of the mentally ill.
73. In the 15th century, the first valentines appeared in France.
74. The Roman God of love Cupid is the symbol of this holiday.
75. Since the beginning of the 90s of the last century, this holiday has been celebrated on the territory of Russia.
76. It is customary to give hearts from any materials on this day.
77. In England, February 14 is considered the beginning of the mating season for birds.
78. Once upon a time in the United States, one holiday card cost as much as $ 10.
79. Germans decorate psychiatric hospitals with bright ribbons on this day.
80. It is customary to give jewelry on this day in France.
81. Poles on this day visit the relics of St. Valentine.
82. It is customary to give dried white flowers on this day in Denmark.
83. Since the 13th century, this holiday has been celebrated in Western Europe.
84.Since the 1930s, this holiday has been celebrated in Japan.
85. All females are given hearts in Finland.
86. Diamonds are considered the best gift for February 14th.
87. Only 75% of men buy flowers on this day.
88. The origin of this holiday is based on the legend of Saint Valentine.
89. On this day, the feast of fertility was once celebrated.
90. Passionate Spaniards send love letters on this day with carrier pigeons.
91. 6 days before the holiday 50% of all valentines are bought.
92. Valentine is the second most popular among all gifts.
93. A large number of wedding ceremonies take place on this day.
94. Durex is increasing its sales by 30% that day.
95. The symbol of Valentine's Day is a red heart.
96. About 189 million roses are sold in America on this day.
97. After Christmas, this holiday has the second largest number of cards sold.
98. In Mexico City in 2010, the record was set for the most massive kiss in the world.
99. The first time in 1936 the Japanese got acquainted with this holiday.
100. In the Middle Ages, doves were often depicted on valentines.
Valentine's Day is celebrated annually on February 14th. It is the holiday that gives couples another reason to express their feelings, but also the holiday that helps single people meet their soul mate. Here are the traditions and customs around Valentine's Day.
Valentine’s Day is celebrated annually around the world, but under different names, but also on other days. For example, in Latin America, Valentine's Day is known as Love Day and Friendship Day.
Also in Brazil, Valentine’s Day is celebrated on June 12, the day before St. Anthony, the patron saint of marriage. Valentine's Day customs vary from culture to culture. Over time, Valentine's Day has given many gifts, but the modern tradition of giving chocolate as a gift came in the late 1800s from Richard Cadbury, son of John Cadbury, the famous chocolate maker.
In Japan, women are the ones who give gifts to men on February 14th. It's true that I only give away chocolate, and the chocolate I choose differs depending on the type of relationship. For example, the normal one is offered out of obligation to bosses, colleagues and friends, and the fine one, to the lover, fiancé or husband.
And in South Korea, women offer chocolate to men. And they give women anything but chocolate. In Finland, many couples get engaged or get married on February 14, but this day is more about friendship than love. According to tradition, it is an occasion for gatherings between friends, who make symbolic gifts. In some parts of Britain, on Valentine's Day, girls put bay leaves under their pillows and eat only salted eggs, believing that this is how they will dream of their chosen one overnight.
This holiday is celebrated all over the world. And of course we also have a lot of jokes, besides all the love and sweetness. Bemorepanda has collected this funny top for you.
- Brace yourselves ,Valentine's Day is coming
2.You have a crush on someone?
3.Valentine's day is around the corner
4.Roses are red
5.About 14 February
6.Single people on Valentine's Day
7.It's Valentine's Day
8.All this cute stuff
9.To and from
10.How I plan on spending Valentine's Day
11.I've been solo
12.I like you more than Kanye likes kanye
14.Saved tons of money on Valentines Day
15.I don't require a lot of attention
16.Sad about being alone
17.Is your name Wi-fi?
18.Valentines Day less than 2 weeks away
20.Do I have a date for Valentines Day?
21.When you finally find someone
22.This fish, is my fish
25.When bae text you some cute
27.The day I met you
29.I am not the best
30.Both crazy, but you're in love
31.I just want you
32.Love is in the air
33.I have a date
34.No time for that
35.Alone on other days
37.Before Valentine's Day
39.I hate you
40.Are you Google?
41.Me on Valentine's
42.Why you are alone?
43.Flowers and candy?
44.Plans for Valentines?
45.Plans for this day
46.Period on Valentines
47.Going to work
48.A great big pug
49.Pretending to be shocked
50.There is a date
British television and movies directors have been urged to stop filming sex scenes during the coronavirus pandemic for the sake of actors' safety. Such a proposal was made by the professional association of directors of Great Britain, reports The Guardian.
In the updated guide to filming erotic scenes, filmmakers are encouraged to replace bed scenes with alternative ones. Specifically, actors may “straighten their clothes or change after the event,” or their body parts may “move under the covers”. Also, directors are offered to "remove the bedroom door, leaving the viewer to think out what is happening in it on their own."
In March 2018, the American Actors' Union Equity released a guide for filmmakers with guidance on how to prevent sex scandals, harassment, and psychological abuse in the industry. Earlier it was reported that the superhero action movie "Wonder Woman 2" will be created following similar guidance.