Top 10 beauty questions people searched on Google in 2020
Everyone loves to look good. The Internet answers all the questions about beauty. For 2020, it is already the top 10 questions in the field of beauty.
Bemorepanda collected these 10 questions and answered them. How to curl at home, how to dye your hair or wash your hands properly? We have an answer to all the questions given. Let's see together the 10 curious questions.
1) How to cut men's hair at home
Do you want to do your own haircut at home, but are not confident in your abilities? This list will surely convince you that a haircut at home is not difficult!
A clipper is best done on clean hair. Moreover, a short men's haircut with a clipper will make the imperfections of the scalp noticeable. If you are experiencing dandruff problems, be sure to visit a trichologist or use a special shampoo.
After washing, dry your hair and comb it gently. It is better to do your first haircut with a clipper with a long attachment - this way you can maintain the length of your hair, which will allow you to correct shortcomings in the future.
Mentally divide the entire head into the occipital, temporal and parietal zones. The occipital zone is cut first, and the parietal zone last.
When clipping a specific area, try to strip the hair in continuous stripes, moving smoothly against their growth. Too long strands should be shortened in advance with scissors, and the machine should be shaken periodically during the haircut so that the hair does not clog into it.
Better to lay something on the floor in advance (for example, oilcloth). And also cover your shoulders so that cut hair does not fall on them. You can even purchase a set of special collars with a plastic peignoir at the hairdresser's shop, just like in a salon.
2) How to plop hair
Oddly enough, you can even curl your hair with a straightener. It is enough to know the correct technology. Spray hair with heat protectant spray before using the iron.
How to curl your hair with irons:
- Divide your hair into separate, non-thick sections and secure each one so that it does not get in the way while curling. Next, take one of the loose strands in your hand and clamp the curl with an iron diagonally. Use the hair tool at an angle.
- Squeeze the strand at the roots and, while holding the hair, slowly lower the straightener towards the ends.
- Then free the strand from the iron and secure the shape with hairspray.
- Use a soft, natural styling brush and comb through your curls to loosen your curls and give them a natural look.
- Finish with a light, oily serum or texturizer.
3) How to color your hair at home
Do you want to dye your hair copper red, or are you ready to experiment with shades of blonde or chestnut color? Platinum blonde or charcoal black - home color products provide limitless choices. Excellent - you no longer need a hairdresser to change your hair color. Follow our simple tips and tricks - and you will perfectly master the art of self-dyeing your hair at home.
Products for dyeing hair at home: how to dye?
- Want to paint over gray hair? Pay attention to the information on the package. Tinted and semi-permanent paints may not work.
- Start with shades that differ from your natural color by no more than two shades.
- For clarification, hydrogen peroxide is required.
- It is especially easy to dye your hair with tint mousse. Apply the foam to the roots and the entire length, massage in like shampoo and rinse.
- Have you grown roots? Special kits will help you quickly freshen up the color and paint overgrown roots.
How to dye your hair yourself: professional recommendations
- Prepare and place all tools and colorants on hand, and don't forget your watch. Put on the old T-shirt and gloves that came with the color product.
- Before using hair dye, do an allergy test. How to do this, read the instructions for the paint.
- Follow the directions for applying hair color. It indicates whether you need to pre-wet your hair.
- Use paint from new packaging. Staining with old paint residues may cause the resulting color to differ from that indicated on the packaging.
- Attention! The dyeing results can be quite unexpected if in previous months you dyed your hair with henna or extracts of plants containing henna. This also applies to the transition from artificial to natural dyes.
- If the resulting color is too ashy or grayish, use a tint or shampoo to add a reddish or golden hue.
- Do you want to perm and color your hair? Do not carry out these procedures at the same time or in succession! Allow your hair to heal for one to two weeks after perming or dyeing.
- If you like a new color, be sure to write down the tone number for the next stain. This saves you the hassle of guessing when buying your next product.
- Use shampoos and conditioners for colored hair to keep the color shine and healthy. Do not forget that proper care for colored hair is the key to a beautiful and healthy head of hair.
4) How to wash your hands
Hand washing seems like a natural part of daily life, but unfortunately many people forget about it every day, do not do it regularly, or wash their hands ineffectively. It is recommended that you follow these simple steps to protect yourself from viral infections and other illnesses.
How to wash your hands properly:
- Make sure you have everything you need to wash your hands.
- Wet hands and forearms under running water.
- Lather your hands. It is recommended to use liquid soap from a closed container as germs from previous users may remain on the surface of the solid soap.
- Hands are soaped for at least 15 seconds, since the effectiveness of each detergent depends on the exposure time. Do this gently on all sides — rub your palms, between your fingers, the tips of your fingers, the back of both hands, both thumbs, and remember to brush your nails as well.
- Wash your hands under running water for at least 10 seconds.
- When washing your hands, it is advisable to avoid splashing water or touching the sink.
- Dry your hands with a clean towel. In public areas, it is recommended to use disposable paper towels, avoiding cloth towels. As a precaution, it is recommended that you cover the hand faucet (mixer) with a paper towel.
- Place a paper towel in the trash can without touching the paper basket.
- If hand washing products are not available, antibacterial gels should be used.
5) How to style curtain bangs
There are 2 rules to follow, regardless of how you fix the strands:
- The bangs should always be clean, it is advisable not to use the conditioner before styling.
- If you use a hairdryer, iron or curling iron, be sure to apply thermal protection - it will protect the strands from heat.
Apply a thermal hair protection spray to dry hair after washing, comb it. You do not need to wash off the product.
The freshly washed strands are dried with a hairdryer by 80-90% and, using thermal brushing, are twisted with the ends down. At the same time, styling products (mousse, gel) are not used so that the bangs do not look sloppy. At the end it is sprinkled with elastic fixing varnish - then it does not look plastic, unnatural.
6) How to cut women's hair
A hairdresser is a very common profession today. There are many schools, beauty academies and courses that teach the basics of hairdressing, but they all cost money. You can try yourself in this profession and get basic skills without leaving your home.
Before performing any haircut, you should get a little familiar with professional terms that will come in handy in mastering the profession. When starting work on a hairstyle, the hair is always divided into zones: parietal, temporal and occipital. Divide them with horizontal and vertical parting. A master class for hairdressers will teach you how to highlight zones while holding the comb correctly while working.
7) How to do knotless braids
African braids have long surprised no one in their everyday hairstyle. It is a practical and stylish option that can transform the look and create a unique image. In this article, you will learn what types of knotless braids are, the pros and cons of weaving, and the secrets of hair care.
You can create Thai, classic African or French braids on your own, the main thing is patience and a lot of time. You will also need the following tools and styling products.
- coarse-toothed comb
- rubber bands,
- hairpins for separating strands,
- threads for weaving.
By the way, there is a special machine for creating Senegalese braids. But its use requires special skills, since it is easy to tangle and damage hair with it.
- Comb your hair.
- Separate the weaving area with two partings.
- Make horizontal parting inside the zone and secure the strands with hairpins.
- Braid the separated strands into braids. If you want to add synthetic curls or threads, weave them in either from the roots or with very little space.
- The tighter the braiding and tension, the longer the braids will last.
- Braid your entire head in this way.
- Use a hairspray to smooth out frizzy strands and protruding hairs.
8) How to fade hair
Useful tips to help you avoid ruining your hairstyle:
- If you have never lightened curls before, then inform the hairdresser about this. In this case, the staining procedure will be slightly different.
- Consult with the master, which color is more suitable for your color type. After all, sometimes a color that looks attractive on one girl, the other does not fit the way we would like. A stylist-hairdresser will be able to determine your color type and choose the shade that favorably emphasizes facial features.
- If you are not very versed in shades of paint, then explaining to the master on your fingers what you want will be quite problematic. It is advisable to have a picture with you, which shows a girl with a color that you like.
- Use care products that are suitable for your hair type, this will not only improve the condition of your hair, but also give you pleasure from the result.
- Protect your hair. Try to use less hair dryers, curling irons, and styling products. High temperatures dry the hair, and the dyed ones have already suffered from the effects of the chemical components of the dye. If you cannot do without a hair dryer or curling iron, then apply a thermal spray before the procedure.
- Can't decide which paint to lighten your hair? Check with the master. In any case, for a good result, you need to choose a high-quality professional clarifier.
9) How to trim your own hair
How to cut your own hair ends at home? The procedure is easy, the main thing is to follow the sequence of work. Most often, you have to trim long strands. To properly trim the ends of your hair, you need to prepare the necessary tools. The work technology includes the following stages:
- You need to comb your hair. They should be smooth.
- Then you should collect them in the tail. After that, it is necessary to fix the elastic bands on it after 2 cm. The tips can remain free.
- While holding the hair, cut off the ends under the bottom elastic.
- After that, you need to dissolve the curls on the sides, and comb them.
- On each side, side strands should be collected, and trimmed by collecting the ends.
- At the end, you need to make sure once again that everything is trimmed straight. If there are flaws, then they should be corrected immediately.
10) How to dermaplane
If you decide on a dermaplaning procedure at home, then Dr. Neil Schultz advises you to stick to the following plan:
- Moisten your face with warm water to soften your hair.
- Apply a shaving cream or gel all over your face - viscous formulas with caring components in the composition will protect your skin from chafing, thus avoiding irritation.
- Take a new razor and treat your face consistently against hair growth.
- Wash your face thoroughly, first with cool water and then with a mild cleanser.
- Apply moisturizer as a finishing step.
Humans are the most curious creatures on this earth. We are lucky that a place has been invented where we can all find an answer. Google answers any question, and that's great, right?
Bemorepanda has collected the top of the most asked questions in 2020. Among them are many questions to which you may have sought answers. Here is our collection of questions with answers to them. Let's see what curiosities people had in 2020.
1) Why were chainsaws invented
The chainsaw is a very common tool in gardening, forestry, farming, and so on. Basically, a chainsaw is a hand saw with a bar, chain and an internal combustion engine that powers the entire mechanism. Today everyone knows what a chainsaw looks like and what it is used for. But what did the world's first chainsaw look like, who invented the first chain saw and how did this tool “evolve”? We offer a short excursion into the history of chainsaws.
Today, many manufacturing companies claim primacy in the creation of chainsaws, the first models of chain saws, which were manufactured in the 1920s, are cited as proof. However, if you dig deeper, it turns out that the progenitor of the modern chainsaw was invented by the German dentist-prosthetist Bernard Hein. It happened back in 1830. Hine's invention is a surgical instrument that was used to cut bone.
The principle of operation of this tool was as follows: the links fastened together with cutting teeth (located at an angle) formed a chain, which, in turn, was set in motion using a sprocket handle, which twisted the chain along the tire. However, they were able to apply this invention a hundred years later. At the beginning of the 20th century, chain sawmills were created, which were manually driven. Such colossus were rather bulky and awkward. All chain saws from this period were clumsy and oversized, requiring at least two operators to operate the machine.
In 1926, a mechanical engineer from Germany, Andreas Stihl, developed and patented the world's first hand-held chain saw with an electric motor. One year later, in 1927, another German Emil Lerp presented his development - the Dolmar A chain saw - the world's first saw with a gasoline engine. In turn, Andreas Stihl continued his development and in 1929 created a chain saw with a gas engine of his own production. The gasoline internal combustion engine ensured the autonomy and mobility of the tool, but the tool size was still quite large, the weight of the machines was about 50 kilograms, or even more.
2) Why is there a coin shortage
Banks across the U.S. faced coin shortages during the coronavirus crisis, prompting the U.S. Federal Reserve to think about distribution control and working with the U.S. coins to increase supply.
With the partial closure of the economy due to the coronavirus crisis, the use of coins in the economy has practically ceased, said Jerome Powell, chairman of the Federal Reserve Board.
Compounding the situation is the fact that the American Coins has reduced the production of coins in connection with the measures taken to protect its employees.
3) Why was George Floyd arrested
On May 25, Minneapolis police arrested George Floyd after a grocery worker called 911, accusing him of buying cigarettes with a counterfeit $ 20 bill. According to the report, Floyd resisted, so police officer Derek Chauvin had to use force to arrest him. However, CCTV footage that appeared later showed that Floyd did not resist.
Chauvin pressed Floyd's neck with his knee to the ground for 8 minutes 46 seconds and did not stop doing this even when the detainee repeatedly said that he was suffocating. Four police officers who participated in the arrest were fired. Derek Chauvin was charged with second-degree murder and three of his colleagues were charged with aiding and abetting.
4) Why is Nevada taking so long
In the United States in November, preliminary results of the vote count for the presidential elections were expected in Nevada - a key state that could bring victory to the US presidential candidate from the Democratic Party Joe Biden.
With the onset of a new working day, the United States continued to count votes in the presidential elections. So, the Democratic candidate has 264 out of the required 270 votes of the Electoral College. Trump has only 214 so far. And if it had not been for the message about the delay in the counting of votes in Nevada, Biden could already have celebrated his victory.
However, ballots are counted slowly, and the numbers illustrating the voting raise questions and sometimes protests. Trump's headquarters have already filed a lawsuit in Pennsylvania demanding that the counting be stopped, and demanded a recount of ballots in Wisconsin. According to the latest reports, the Trump team is also planning to file a lawsuit over electoral fraud in Nevada.
5) Why is TikTok getting banned
What President Donald Trump had threatened has happened. He signed a document called the TikTok Threat Counteraction Order. The essence of the document is to block transactions to the developer of TikTok, the Chinese company ByteDance. The ban will take effect after 45 days. At the same time, the US Senate voted to ban the use of TikTok on devices owned by government and government officials.
Interestingly, at the same time, the popular Chinese messenger WeChat, which is owned by the Chinese giant Tencent, fell under the distribution. The same prohibition is imposed on him. This is quite a significant step, as Tencent is actively investing in many American companies. So, the Chinese fully or partially own PUBG Mobile, Riot Games (League of Legends) Forticite Epic Games, Activision Blizzard. The company's division, Tencent Films, has produced many major film projects, including Wonder Woman, Terminator: Dark Fate and Venom. The same goes for music: Tencent has stakes in Spotify, Universal Music Group, and Warner Music. Since WeChat is hardly popular in the US, it won't pose much of a problem, but it might just be the first step in an attack on Tencent.
In the “countermeasures order”, the prohibition is based on “a state of emergency in the country regarding the supply chain of information and communication technologies and services”. It also states that the apps can be "used for disinformation campaigns in favor of the Chinese Communist Party." The US president is also concerned about how TikTok "automatically collects vast amounts of information about its users, including the Internet and other information about network activity, such as location data, browsing and search history." That is, in essence, it does the same thing as all other American services like Facebook or YouTube.
6) Why did Kobe have 2 numbers
January 26, 2020 is a black day for all basketball fans without exception. At the age of 42, the great Kobe Bryant died in a helicopter crash in the suburbs of Los Angeles.
Curiously, Kobe could not become a basketball player, but a football player: as a child, Bryant played as a goalkeeper, and his idols were Frank Rijkaard and Ronaldinho. Largely thanks to these two players, Kobe began to root for Milan.
Later, Bryant began to sympathize with Barcelona. Mamba even considered ending his career not with the Lakers, but with the basketball Barça, but ultimately spent the entire 20 years of his professional career at Los Angeles.
Bryant admitted that he could really think about a football career if he had stayed in Europe, but at the age of 13, Kobe returned to the United States and continued to diligently pursue his main passion of his life - basketball.
In 2017, there was a ceremony to immortalize Kobe's game numbers at the Lakers - Bryant spent the first half of his career at number eight, the second at number 24. Kobe became the first and only player in NBA history to receive two immortalized numbers on the same team.
7) Why is everyone buying toilet paper
A new wave of panic prompted Americans to empty supermarket shelves last week as toilet paper began to disappear from stores again. The authorities and retailers are urging not to stock up on essential goods, since there are enough for everyone. A psychologist from the United States explains the behavior of his compatriots by the fact that they are used to reacting to bad news - and besides, people are driven by the herd instinct.
A new wave of panic buying of basic necessities - toilet paper and paper towels - swept across the United States. Supermarket shelves began emptying again last week, amid new COVID-19 incidence records and persistent reminders to comply with CDC restrictions.
Queues lined up in supermarkets began to be reported on Sunday, November 15, when a line of people wishing to stock up on toilet paper and paper towels snaked in near a COSTCO store in Washington state. Then Governor Jay Inslee asked residents to stop buying goods. “Our supply chain is doing well,” local Komo News quoted him as saying. "When you buy everything you can get your hands on, it just hurts everyone, and there is no need to do it."
Those responsible for the supply of goods in stores assure that they are well prepared for the new wave of the pandemic. "There is enough supplies if everyone buys what they really need," Tammy Hetrick, head of the Washington Food Industry Association, told the publication. "Suppliers say that we are in a good position, we have a stock of goods, and if people do not panic buy everything, we can maintain stock."
8) Why is it called COVID-19
Often the names of viruses and the diseases they cause do not coincide. For example, the HIV virus causes AIDS. People often know the name of the disease, such as measles, rather than the corresponding virus (rubeola).
The assignment of names to viruses and diseases occurs in different ways and for different purposes.
Virus names are based on their genetic makeup, making it easier to develop diagnostic tests, vaccines, and drugs. This work is carried out by virologists and other representatives of the scientific community, therefore the names of viruses are assigned by the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses (ICTV).
Disease names are required to characterize various aspects of disease prevention, spread, transmission, severity, and treatment. WHO's mission is to prepare for and respond to human disease, which is why WHO lists the official names of diseases in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD).
On 11 February 2020, the International Committee on Virus Taxonomy designated the new virus SARS-CoV-2 (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus-2). The name was chosen because the virus is genetically related to the 2003 SARS outbreak. They are different viruses, although they are genetically related.
Following recommendations previously developed in collaboration with the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), on February 11, 2020, WHO announced that the disease was named COVID-19.
9) Why is it called Juneteenth
The day's name is a combination of "June" and "nineteenth" in honor of the date of Granger's announcement and first appeared around 1903. Juneteenth - also known as Freedom Day, Liberation Day, and Emancipation Day - is a holiday celebrating the liberation of slaves in the United States. Originating from Texas, it is now celebrated annually on June 19 throughout the United States, with various official recognition. Union Army General Gordon Granger announced a federal order in Galveston, Texas on June 19, 1865. It proclaimed that all slaves in Texas were free.
The Emancipation Proclamation of President Abraham Lincoln formally banned slavery in Texas and other states in an anti-Union uprising nearly two and a half years earlier. The implementation of the Proclamation was generally dependent on the advancement of the Union troops. Texas, the most remote of the slave states, has had a small Union troop presence as the American Civil War ended; thus, execution was slow and inconsistent prior to Granger's announcement.
Although Juneteenth generally marks the end of slavery in the United States, it was still legal and practiced in the two border states of the Union (Delaware and Kentucky) until, at the end of that year, the ratification of the Thirteenth Amendment to the Constitution abolished nonviolent slavery nationwide in December.
The celebration dates back to 1866, first with church congregations in Texas. It spread throughout the south and became more commercialized in the 1920s and 1930s, often concentrating on the culinary festival. During the civil rights movement in the 1960s, it was overshadowed by the struggles for post-war civil rights, but became popular again in the 1970s with an emphasis on African American freedom and art.
By the 21st century, June holidays were celebrated in most major US cities. Activists are campaigning for the US Congress to recognize June Day as a national holiday. Hawaii, North Dakota, and South Dakota are the only states that don't recognize June, according to the Congressional Research Service.
10) Why is Australia on fire
The most powerful forest fires in the history of the country began to gain momentum on the continent and adjacent islands since September. At the moment, the area affected by the fires has already exceeded 11 million hectares (this is equivalent, for example, to Cuba and more than Iceland). The heat has eased a bit in recent days, but serious firefighting continues in two states: Victoria and New South Wales. There are six states in Australia, and in recent months, fires have not spared any of them. Heat, drought, strong gusty wind contributed to their spread.
As of January 14, 2020, 28 deaths are known. More than a quarter of a million people have been displaced from their homes - the largest peacetime evacuation in Australian history. More than two thousand houses and several thousand more buildings burned down.
The Australian fires are indeed very large-scale, including in global significance. The area on fire is larger than the 2019 fires in the Amazon and California combined. Although, according to Greenpeace data (official Russian statistics are much more modest), the disaster in Australia has not yet reached the scale of last year's disaster in Siberia - this year in Russia, according to environmentalists, more than 15 million hectares of forest burned down, which is comparable to the territory of Nepal and exceeds the territory of Greece.