The history of April Fools' Day. 20 interest facts you should know
This holiday is not included in any calendar or country. However, this does not prevent people from celebrating this day on a grand scale.
Have you ever wondered where the origins of this holiday come from? Why didn't you choose another day for such a peculiar event? And not only in one country, but in many. Opinions are divided over the origin of this holiday. From this article you will learn not only about the history of April Fool's Day, but also about how residents of different countries celebrate this day, what traditions they have, and also get acquainted with the most interesting rallies that have become a real history.
Where did this date come from? There are several options for the origin of this merry holiday. Some are inclined to believe that this holiday is an echo of the ancient spring festival, the celebration of which fell on April. They played and joked a lot that day. Others think that the tradition of making fun of others dates back to the Middle Ages.
So far, there is no real evidence for any of the theories. There are many assumptions about the origin of this holiday. However, it all boils down to the fact that the source is still the medieval tradition of Europeans to arrange carnivals. Such a pagan holiday that Christians liked.
There are people who are sure that a similar holiday was celebrated in ancient Rome. They called it then the holiday of fools. Others are convinced that the origins of this event are ancient India, where the Day of Jokes fell on March 31st. There is also a third party. These are supporters of the idea that the tradition of joking came to us from the Irish.
There are some rather strange versions. For example, one of the options boils down to the fact that this holiday owes its appearance to the Neapolitan king Monterey. They say in honor of the fact that the earthquake stopped, the king was presented with a fish. A year later, Monterey began demanding the same fish. Unfortunately, it was not possible to find the exact same species, and the chef used another, which was as similar as possible to the previous one. However, the king could not be deceived, but he did not become angry, but on the contrary - laughed.
Bemorepanda collected some facts about April Fools Day.
1. The coolest draw is considered to be April 1, 1986. The bottom line was that the newspaper published an announcement about the decision to dismantle the symbol of France - the Eiffel Tower. There was a proposal to move the famous object to another location. The article in all colors described the process of dismantling the tower, in which even American helicopters were supposed to take part. After that, they wanted to assemble the tower in a horizontal position and use the cranes to raise it. The project took 6 months. The Parisians, in frustrated feelings, began to besiege the editorial office, constantly calling them. But on the second day, an article with a refutation was published.
2. The British also got it in 1860. Many Londoners received invitations to the solemn ceremony of washing the white lions before April 1st. The event was scheduled for 11 o'clock and was to take place in the Tower. The curious townspeople came at the appointed time to the appointed place. Imagine how upset everyone was when they were told it was just a prank.
3. One of the leading newspapers in England, by April 1, published an advertisement for a round the world trip, which cost only two hundred pounds. The message of a well-known commentator who was engaged in the propaganda of Italian spaghetti looked very truthful. He claimed that this product grows, right in the trees. The British are a little limited on this day. You can only joke until 12 noon. The most outstanding draw of the past century (1957) belongs to the BBC.
4. As for Austria and Germany, in these countries April 1 was considered a bad day. Residents were sure that people born on this day were unlucky. This is due to the fact that this date was the birthday of Judas.
5. In Finland, April Fool's Day is celebrated relatively recently.
6. Americans are used to harmless pranks. Their most popular joke is telling a friend that his laces are untied or that the sole has come off. Students with a serious expression tell their classmates that there will be no lessons, and the students move their classmates forward and then watch them in a hurry gather for pairs.
7. There is only one city where April 1st is an official holiday. This is Odessa - the birthplace of practical jokes, jokes and humorists. Perhaps, on this day, you will not find a place that would not be touched by a fun event. Many people come here to take part in the carnival and laugh heartily.
8. The Armenians have always stood out for their sense of humor. And for some time now in Armenia April 1 is celebrated in the same way almost at the official level.
9. Bulgarians are especially honored to this holiday. They really love to joke and play each other. Children like the holiday the most.
10. In one of the cities of Bulgaria they even organize exhibitions of cartoons, and absolutely everyone starts joking - even newspapers and radio.
11. In Romania, April Fool's Day is not recognized as an official holiday, but this does not prevent the citizens of this country with special sympathy for this day. They always have a reason for a joke and a ready-made anecdote.
12. The Scots distinguished themselves the most. They set aside two days to celebrate April Fools' Day. The first day is called the day of the cuckoo. But those who do not believe in practical jokes and do not succumb to deceptions - razini. And the second day is called the day of the tail. The Scots are busy putting an interesting little thing for their friends - a rubber bag, which, at the moment of pressure, begins to make not very pleasant sounds.
13. On April Fool's Day you can hear the most incredible information and believe in it. For example, once a newspaper published a note that a new resident appeared in the Moscow zoo - a mammoth. They allegedly found him frozen in Chukotka, warmed him up and transported him to the capital. This joke was taken for the truth.
14. In France, those who believe in jokes and are easily "led" to deception are called "April fish" by analogy with the young fish in water bodies, which are easy to catch at this time of year. One of the most common jokes is sticking a paper fish on a person's back.
15. The most famous April Fool's Day pranks have already been classified in The Top 100 April Fool's Day Hoaxes of All Time, including: the fall of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a photo story about flying penguins, a UFO landing in London and others.
16. In 10% of April Fools' draws, pets are involved.
17. As of April 1, traumatologists receive 2 times more patients than on other days.
18. 23% of April Fools' pranks are related to pregnancy.
19.On April 1, 1778, a businessman from New Orleans, Oliver Polock, invented the sign of the American currency - the dollar $.
20. On this day, it is customary to play pranks on relatives, friends and acquaintances, or make fun of them.
40 April Fools' Day funny Memes and jokes (New 2021 edition)
The day of the tricks has a long disputed history, the custom of pranks being a intertwining of local folk customs specific to each country with ancient legends and ceremonies to welcome the New Year and later spring.
The hypothesis, accepted by the majority, claims that the origin of April 1 is closely related to the change of the Julian calendar with the Gregorian one. In the old calendar, New Year's Day was celebrated on April 1, instead of January 1. After the change of the Gregorian calendar in 1582, during the reign of Charles IX, people initially had trouble getting used to the celebration of the new year on January 1. Those who celebrated the New Year on April 1 were called "April Fools." As time went on, the greetings sent for the New Year on April 1 began to be considered pranks, often accompanied by funny gifts.
No matter where it comes from, April 1st is recognized as Fool's Day in most countries of the world. Marked first in Europe, Fool's Day migrated across the ocean and then around the globe. Bemorepanda collected some memes for April Fools Day.
1.April fools day
4.Not sure if real
5.Nothing and nobody
7.Life is a joke
10.Fool them everyday
11.Lie on internet
12.Pranks are here
15.No one believes
18.Pranks are open
22.No one can be trusted
23.I trusted you
28.Don’t really do anything
29.That was a joke
32.Not a fool
34.I get it
38.Lie on internet
Interesting facts about Saint Patrick's Day that will surely impress you
St. Patrick is without a doubt the most famous saint associated with Ireland. Its holiday is celebrated all over the world and is a common symbol of Irish patriotism. His legends have become commonplace in our understanding of Ireland, and the image of the bishop with a clover is an immediately recognizable symbol for many. But despite his popularity, we know very little about the real man. It seems that the legend of St. Patrick has become much more famous than the historical individual.
Bemorepanda collected for you interesting facts, here are 20 of them about the real St. Patrick.
1. The real name may not have been Patrick. We do not know for sure what his birth name is, but the tradition is that it was Maewyn Succat. He later changed it to Patrick when he became bishop, because it means "noble" in Latin.
2. There are surviving copies of the texts written by St. Patrick. Two Latin works called "Confessions" and "Letter to the Soldiers of Coroticus." These works provide the primary sources for what we know about him.
3. Dating the life of St. Patrick is difficult, but most estimates put it in the middle of the fifth century. Given that he refers to the Frankish people (who lived in places where Germany and France are now) as pagans in one of his works, this assumes that he was written between 451, with a large amount of francs flowing into Gaul is today Western Europe) and 496, when the French were baptized in large numbers.
4. There is a prayer that is said to have been written by St. Patrick, entitled "St. Patrick's Breastplate," but he being the author is now widely rejected by scholars.
5. No one knows where St. Patrick was born. It is a generally accepted fact that St. Patrick is not a native Irishman and is probably from Wales, but his specific place of birth is unclear. In his works he says that it is from a place called Bannavem Taburniae, but this location is not otherwise known.
6. St. Patrick was not the first Christian bishop in Ireland. This honor belongs to Bishop Palladius in the fifth century. Palladius was the Roman Catholic deacon sent by the Church to convert the Irish natives. Some speculate that this person was adopted through folklore and later combined with Patrick to form his legend.
7. He did not drive snakes from Ireland. Everything we know about biology tells us that Ireland has never been a home for snakes. The story was explained as a metaphor for Patrick's transformation of the native Druids left to Christianity. But pagan practices continued long after St. Patrick lived, so the exact meaning of the story is unknown.
8. Almost all the stories about St. Patrick were written centuries after he died. Two commonly cited sources are "The Life and Deeds of St. Patrick" by a Jocelin of Furness, who wrote about 1200, and "The Oldest Lives of St. Patrick" by an unknown MacEvin who wrote his works in the twentieth century. IX.
9. St. Patrick gives only the name of his father, Calpornius, and the father's grandfather, Potitus. He says his father was a deacon and his grandfather a priest. Although later the writers further explained the family tree. Jocelin and MacEvin say that his mother was a frank woman named Conceis. Conceis is said to be related to St. Martin of Tours. Although MacEvin claims to be his sister, Jocelin says she is his niece.
10. St. Patrick never mentions that he has any brothers in his deeds, but Jocelin and MacEvin claim to have a sister named Lupita.
11. From the works of St. Patrick, we have gathered that he was abducted from his home at the age of sixteen and brought to Ireland, along with thousands of others, to be sold as slaves. Patrick worked as a pastor for six years. Jocelin says he is a slave to a pagan prince named Milcho, although Patrick says nothing about his captor. Saying only he was "the man I've been with for six years."
12. Jocelin and MacEvin attribute many miracles to St. Patrick in his youth and describe him as pious since the early years. Although Patrick seems to contradict these claims. Referring to his capture in his youth, he says that "at that time I did not know the true God."
13. St. Patrick is often said to have used mackerel to explain the concept of the Trinity to Irish pagans. Despite the fame of this story, shamrock or its significance in such a way is never mentioned in any work of St. Patrick and is apparently a legend much later attached to it.
14. Shamrock - popular Irish symbol, but not a symbol of Ireland. Already in the Middle Ages in the Irish tombs and manuscripts appeared an image of a harp. However, scientists believe that the harp was popular in Irish legends and culture, long before this period. In medieval times it symbolized the harp of Ireland.
15. An estimated 34 million Americans have Irish roots. Some of them are purebred Irish, meaning they or their parents came from Ireland, but more people have mixed ancestors today. In Ireland, in itself live all 4, 2 million people.
16. In addition to green, St. Patrick's Day is associated with alcoholic libations. However, in Ireland 1903-1970, St. Patrick's Day is a religious holiday. All pubs were closed for the next day. It was abolished in 1970, when St. Patrick's Day was classified as a national holiday.
17. At the age of 16, Patrick was abducted by Irish burglars who sold him into slavery. He lived for many years in Ireland, sheep, and at the age of 22 he managed to escape. After that he came to the monastery in England, where he spent 12 years.
18. St. Patrick, despite being known as the Patron Saint of Ireland, was never officially canonized. His recognition as a saint was made by popular opinion, and probably with the approval of a bishop. Although he is far from the only saint, he was never officially canonized. In fact, the church did not have any formal process for sanctification until the twelfth century. So it is safe to assume that St. Patrick will always be considered a saint.
19. March 17 was chosen for St. Patrick's Day because it is said to be the day he died. The year was declared 461, but we do not know for sure.
20. St. Patrick, you know, he can actually be based on more people. While we are pretty sure that St. Patrick was a historical figure, it is possible that the folk character is derived from two different people. Patrick of Wales and Bishop Palladius mentioned above. The two bishops had stories about their circulation until they became a unified preacher.
40 funny happy birthday memes for him that will make his day. Download for Free
The attitude of men towards celebrating their birthday, in most cases, does not differ in the range of emotions experienced. Bemorepanda collected several memes to congratulate the men on their birthday.
For the most part, men react reasonably evenly to the start of a meaningful encounter and its events. Cheerful meetings with friends or a cozy family dinner - this is the most common holiday fun for them. However, for a woman, the birthday of her future life partner can be an excellent opportunity to show her love and care for him. In a problematic desire to please a person so that your efforts leave pleasant and memorable emotions, it is essential not to exaggerate.
Happy Birthday for Him
If not the wife, who is sure to know about her husband's individual preferences? There is no need to force an introvert to go out in public, fill the portfolio of a brutal manager with pink notes, organize a boat trip for a person prone to seasickness, and so on. It would help if you considered all the subtleties of your husband's character. The success of the desired greeting cards depends on this.
1. Getting older
3. I know your actual age
Vivid events and impressions are the baggage of life acquisitions that remain with one person forever. And it serves as a very valuable filler of life. If you give your husband admiring emotions from unusual fun, he will surely remember and be grateful for a long time. You can arrange the event independently or find agencies that offer similar services and equipment. Many of them contribute to buying a ready-made certificate, according to which the recipient will be able to choose the method of receiving the adrenal independently. Suppose such risky activities are not in the spirit of the husband. In that case, you can limit yourself to a certificate of bowling, billiards, and other leisure facilities.
The birthday is a holiday eagerly awaited by children, adult women, and men. One of the relatives should take the initiative to prepare for the holiday. For this, we should think about the unusual wishes for a man's birthday, funny contests, and a script.
For a loved one for a long time to remember the day he was born, you have to come up with something unusual. For example, you can take such ideas. Agree in advance with all guests that they are dressed in themed costumes. For example, the subjects may be 80's style, gangster style, Hawaiian motifs. First of all, you should inform all guests that they have a detail on the topic indicated in their wardrobe.
Comic man birthday script can also help organize an incredible event where everyone perceives a great mood. The hero of the occasion inspires and rejoices because the native people so tried for it. Also, make the birthday of a remarkable man you can, decorating the room where the celebration will take place interestingly and messily. Relatives and close friends know how to surprise and enjoy the newborn baby boy. The main thing is to do everything from the heart, to invest a little in organizing the holiday.
Where to celebrate a man's birthday? The scenario of the man's birthday depends on where the event takes place. The choice of the location of the celebration depends on the date of the jubilee and the preferences of the initiator of the festival. Popular sites to organize a birthday are: In the family circle of the house, at the restaurant, in nature, at the disco.
4. Happy Birthday
See here 40 funny happy birthday memes for her. Download for free
6. From the gang
These are the most popular holiday options, which are most often bet. Where the event will take place, you need to start thinking about the scenario of the man's birthday. She usually hires a toastmaster, who thinks independently throughout the program when celebrating in a restaurant. But if the celebration takes place at home, someone in their family should take on the role of presenter and think of a happy birthday script for a man.
Gift ideas for men. Guests are usually puzzled by what to say to the author of the party. It is good if the person giving birth has expressed their wishes in the presentation. But if the initiator of the holiday does not know what to give him, then the guests will have to think about this issue. Of course, everyone wants to shine with originality and surprise the newborn. This will help the idea of unusual gifts for the more vigorous sex: Everyman sometimes does chores around the house. Therefore, he will be satisfied with a suitcase with various tools and accessories for renewing the apartment with his own hands.
If the initiator of the holiday has some hobby, for example, fishing, hunting, or collecting something, you can take a gift related to his amusement. In the dynamic rhythm of life, there is not always enough time to take care of your figure. Therefore, giving your birthday girl a gym membership would be great. There will never be an unnecessary T-shirt or shirt. Enjoy board games, which you can try on this day. Watches or human jewelry will also be a wonderful gift. You can give the culprit the triumph of emotion. To do this, buy a certificate for some extreme fun or a massage session.
Also, office supplies will always come in handy, such as beautifully branded notebooks with a leather cover and expensive pens. Plus, you'll be getting a funny book for a man. Each of these ideas is entirely worthy of the delight and surprise of the initiator of the holiday.
11. Getting drunk
12. Happy and one more time, happy
13. Foam cake
15. Have the time of your life
17. Drink anyway
19. Be proud
20. Being older
21. Hold him
22. Oh Lord Jesus
23. Without reminders
24. Happy new ye...
27. I know I won't see you
28. Special day
29. Long math
30. My precious
31. HB Jack
34. Cake lover
35. That could be great
36. Sexy beast
37. Happy birthday
39. Rum cake
See here 40 funny happy birthday memes for her. Download for free
Top 50 Things That Were Extremely Cool 10 Years Ago which will make us feel emotional
Idiotic applications on phones, stupid photos and stupid highlights, after which we all became like tigers ... Thank God those times are far behind.
Ten years ago, the world was completely different. You couldn't order a car with Uber. You couldn't use the Google Chrome browser and book an apartment through Airbnb.
We did these incredible things 10 years ago. Now is the story that we tell our children. Bemorepanda has collected all these facts and photos for you.
1. Twilight stuff
2. Taking mirror selfies like this
3. Profile pic
4. Uploading photo on Facebook:
5. Lying about your life on LiveJournal
6. Convincing people the iPhone was worth the money
7. Or this app
And that one app
8. BlackBerry BBM conversations:
9. Brick Breaker score:
10.Internet Explorer crashed:
11. Pirates could beat ninjas in a fight:
12. Buying bootleg DVDs
13. Bragging about the DVDs you had in your Netflix queue:
14. Quoting that one Starburst Berries and Cream commercial
15. And quoting Borat A LOT:
16. Randomly yelling, "Leave Britney alone!"
17. Just posting on Facebook:
18. Chuck Norris jokes
19. Typing like this:
20. Thinking it was funny to Rickroll your friends:
21. Leaving a fake outgoing voicemail greetings
22. Using laser pointers all the time
23. Talking about Michael Phelps's diet like six times a day:
24. Taking pictures with that one awful Photo Booth filter:
25. Everyone on Facebook writing "LOST PHONE, NEED NUMBERS" groups:
26. Watching full-length movies that cost tens of millions of dollars to make on an iPod with a 2-inch screen:
27. Having some top songs as your ringtone:
28. "DON'T TASE ME, BRO!" :
29. Sharing memes about all the times Christian Bale and Kermit the Frog were basically twins:
30. Sending out FarmVille invites to your friends and family:
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
On April 1, we celebrate April Fool's Day - a fun and relaxed international holiday. However, with all the people's love and popularity, this day is not a day off in any country globally, and this is perhaps one of its central jokes.
April 1 is when you can turn your sense of humor to its fullest, show your sense of humor and not be afraid that you will not be understood, cursed, fired, or sent to compulsory treatment. Everyone excels to the best of their ability and understanding of the funny.
Most interesting facts about April’s Fool’s Day
The holiday of unbridled fun and pranks is celebrated in many countries on all continents; almost everywhere, it falls on the first days of April. Everyone crawls out of hibernation at the beginning of spring; the soul demands nonsense and jokes.
What else is April Fool's Day known for, how jokes are made in different countries, what pranks people fall for, what exciting and incredible things happened on April 1 in history, read in our article. And do not forget to cheer up and give gifts for the mainspring holidays to relatives and friends.
April's Fool's Day in different countries
1. In England, they joke about people until dinner. This can be seen even from the holiday's name - April Fool's Day. And "fool" in English just means a person who was played before noon.
2. The most successful English hoax, which the townspeople fell for, occurred in 1698 and then repeated two centuries later. One of the capital's newspapers published an announcement that the famous sculptures of lions would be washed in the Tower of London.
3. Drawings on April 1 in France are associated with fish. A paper drawing of a fish is discreetly hung on a person's back and then teased with "April fish".
4. In Scotland, they love humor so much that Fool's Day was extended for two whole days. On April 1, since ancient times, simple-hearted people were played, sending a letter to acquaintances, in which it was said: "send the fool even further." And on the second day, the jokes are mainly related to the topic of the fifth point.
5. The first resonant American joke, dated back to 1878, was published in a New York newspaper. It was reported that the American inventor Thomas Edison came up with an apparatus that turns water into wine and earth into grain.
6. Humor Day marks the birth of a digital company with a logo in the form of a bitten apple. Yes, it's Apple! The desire to be ahead of competitors in the telephone directory led to creating the company's name. Then the apple theme continued in the name of Macintosh machines.
7. In Switzerland, on April 1, 1938, instant coffee was invented and presented to the public. However, skeptical coffee lovers decided that they were simply being fooled and did not trust the innovation. As a result, coffee mania unfolded around the world much later.
8. Hence the rumor: spring praise with your tongue, a good tale with ears. Isn't that why everyone's tongues itch in April? True, it is not vain: since April is here, do not trust anyone! On this day, everyone is not opposed to jokes; no one is immune to practical jokes.
April's Fool's Day traditions
9. According to opinion polls, more than 70% of people will joke about one of their friends.
10. Moreover, according to the same surveys, most of the tricks should be expected from students and, oddly enough, people doing business and having their own company. Still, you should not be afraid of grandmothers, although it can be the other way around because everyone jokes on April 1st.
11. April 1 - this Day is not included in any calendars of significant dates and national holidays. Still, it can be attributed to international ones, since it is celebrated with equal success in Germany, England, France, Scandinavia, and even in the East.
12. Everyone loves to make fun of someone, play a trick or play, but one day a year, absolutely everyone does this, from a child to an adult, from a student to a business person. But that's why this day falls on the first of April, no one can say for sure.
April's Fool's Day History
13. There are several versions on this score; some attribute the origin of this holiday to Ancient Rome, wherein in mid-February (and not at all in early April), the Feast of the Fools was celebrated.
14. Apuleius believed that the April Fool's deception was associated with a holiday in honour of Laughter in ancient Rome.
15. Others argue that this holiday originated in ancient India, where March 31st was celebrated as the feast of jokes.
16. There is also an assumption that only the Irish joked on the 1st of April in the ancient world, and even then in honor of the New Year.
17. The Icelandic sagas say that the custom of cheating on April 1st was introduced in memory of Skandia, the daughter of Tiass. According to another version, the tradition of joking on April 1 is associated with the postponement of the new year.
18. Until the second half of the 16th century, the European New Year began at the end of March. They prepared for this event, visited each other, gave gifts. The very meeting of the New Year took place on April 1.
19. Later, by decree of the French king, the beginning of the year was officially celebrated on January 1, but many subjects continued to celebrate on April 1. To get rid of the old traditions, they became called "April Fools", it became fashionable to play and ridicule them.
20. There is also a version according to which we owe this holiday to the Neopolitan king Monterey, who was presented with a fish in honour of the holiday on the occasion of the termination of the earthquake. A year later, the king demanded precisely the same.
21. The same was not found, but the cook prepared another reminiscent of the right one. And although the king recognised the substitution, he was not angry but even amused. Since then, April Fools' pranks have become a custom.
22. The origin of April Fool's Day is still unknown, as it has references in different countries and at other times. The traditions of joking and deceiving, sending people on false orders appeared everywhere and were associated with entirely different reasons.
23. According to one theory, the vernal equinox became April Fool's Day. Previously, it was customary to meet the equinox (March 19-21) with all sorts of fun, pranks and festivities - the spring meeting was met with tricks and joked about the capriciousness of the weather. And with the transition to another calendar, the holiday day has changed.
24. Another version also explains the holiday by changing the Julian calendar to the Gregorian one. Still, it ties the traditions of April Fool's Day to the New Year, which used to be celebrated at the end of March.
25. There is also an option that a funny reference in the "Canterbury Tales" of the writer Geoffrey Chaucer to March 32, implying April 1, is involved in his appearance. But most consider it just a printing error.
26. The people of many countries fell in love with April Fool's Day, and it began to gain its wide popularity in the 18th century while covering all sectors of society.
27. On April Fools' Day, it was customary to play pranks and play pranks, assigning meaningless and even absurd tasks.
28. In modern times, April Fool's Day is popular among all ages and even reached the level of television, periodicals and radio. On this day, you can stumble upon comic articles and pranks, exquisite hoaxes at the media level.
29. At the same time, in the history of the holiday, there were real grandiose pranks from big companies: a BBC report about a beautiful pasta harvest in Italy, the transition to a decimal time measurement system, Taco Bell news about buying the Liberty Bell - an American symbol of independence from Great Britain - to reduce the national debt, a prank from Google about the alleged release of the Google Nose program, which transmits smells.
Events on April's Fool's Day
30. Back in 1778, April Fool's Day was already known in Ireland, where the New Orleans businessman Oliver Pollock comes from. According to numerous testimonies, he invented on April 1 the sign of the world currency - the dollar - $.
31. April 1, 1924, was the day of gaining the "martyr's halo" for the last enslaver of Europe. On this day, 95 years ago, Adolf Hitler and his accomplices in the "beer putsch" were sentenced for a failed coup attempt. Of the five years in prison, Hitler served only nine months, but this term was enough for the failed artist to become a writer.
32. After the verdict on April 1, 1924, the future Fuhrer of Nazi Germany wrote his book Mein Kampf in Landsberg prison. The text has been banned in Russia since 2002. Since 2010, the book has been recognised as extremist. Publicly joking with quotes from the book is fraught with criminal prosecution—even the first of April.
33. On April 1, 1918, half a century before the emergence of the German terrorist group of the same name, the British RAF, the Royal Air Force, was founded. A hundred years later, the combat readiness and serviceability of aircraft with the famous red-white-blue target on the wings and fuselages is provided by 33 thousand people.
34. On April 1, 1979, Ayatollah Khomeini proclaimed Iran an Islamic republic. For 40 years, this day has been celebrated as a national holiday, preceded by a national referendum.
35. But there is some good news as well. On April 1, 1938, instant coffee was presented in a big way in Switzerland. Coffee as a drink was invented much earlier, but it was on this day that it was introduced under the slogan "Brought to mind" and is suitable for extended storage.
36. On April 1, 1976, Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne, and Steve Jobs created a company whose branding, 30 years later, would be a sign of respectability in the digital age.
37. On April 1, 1946, the USSR authorities formed the Arzamas-16 nuclear centre on the Nizhny Novgorod region and Mordovia border. Now a popular religious hotspot on the maps of Orthodox believers, Sarov became the country's leading nuclear weapons site in the Soviet past.
38. Historians often associate the first of April with important political events in the world process. For example, on this day in 1808, Emperor Alexander I proclaimed Finland's “perpetual” accession to Russia.
39. April 1, 2009, the leader of the world proletariat on the square named after him in St. Petersburg blew up the fifth point. The monument “Lenin on an armoured car” at the Finland Station in the early morning was “adorned” with a through-hole, through which, if desired, one could even see the Big House on the opposite bank of the Neva.
40. On April 1, 2019, the Central Election Commission of Ukraine recognized that, according to the results of the first round of the presidential elections, for the first time, a professional hohmach, professional cavalryman, showman Vladimir Zelensky is in the lead.
April's Fool's Day - Short Facts
41. April 1st has been celebrated since the 16th century.
42. On April 1, 1915, at the height of the First World War, the French dropped a bomb on a German camp. The bomb did not explode; it was written: “From April 1!”.
43. April 1 is celebrated by 30% of the world's population.
44. 10% of April Fools' Day pranks involve pets.
45. On April 1, traumatologists received two times more patients than other days.
46. 23% of April Fools' pranks involve pregnancy.
47. A good sense of humour is essential to 6 out of 10 US employers.