20 questions with answers regarding the Halloween in 2021
Tradition says that on the night of October 31 to November 1, spirits, both evil and good, cross the border into our world and beyond. Despite what has been said, the holiday has no satanic significance at all. It was discussed that the origins of the holiday can be found in a Celtic festival, also known as "Samhain", a festival that was organized on October 31. The purpose of the festival was to gather harvests, and the events were similar to those of today: Halloween costumes, home decorations, turning pumpkins into lanterns, but makeup and the famous "trick-or-treat".
- Q: Where did the term "Jack O’Lantern" come from?
Answer: The term "Jack O’Lantern" comes from an Irish story about a cheap man named "Miser Jack" who made a deal with the devil.
- Q: Where is the longest haunted house in the world?
Answer: The haunted cave in Lewisburg, Ohio is an enormous length of 3,564 feet and 80 feet underground!
- Q: What was the most successful Paranormal movie?
Answer: Paranormal Activity 3
- Question: Why did the women look in the mirror as they went down the stairs at midnight on Halloween?
Answer: To see your friends.
- Q: What mask does Michael Myers wear on the original Halloween?
Answer: Because the studio had such a small budget, they had to use the cheapest mask they could find. It was a $ 2 William Shatner mask they painted white.
- Q: How many kilograms of sweet corn are produced each year?
Answer: 35 million pounds of sweet corn are produced annually, or about 9 billion pieces.
- Question: What vegetables are traditionally on the night before Halloween?
Answer: Cabbage is often used in pranks night, sometimes called Cabbage Night. Sometimes people would leave rotten cabbage by the neighbors' doors.
- Q: How much did Americans spend on Halloween in 2019?
Answer: $ 2.6 billion.
- Q: What was the original name of Disney Hocus Pocus?
Answer: Hocus Pocus was originally called "Halloween House" - and it was more horror than comedy.
- Q: One holiday surpasses Halloween in annual consumer sales. What is it?
Answer: Christmas is the most important thing!
- Q: Why are black cats associated with Halloween (and bad luck)?
Answer: Puritans associated black cats with witchcraft, which led to the association of feline onyx with Halloween. In many other cultures, black cats are actually lucky and revered!
- Q: When was Trick or Treat founded for UNICEF?
- Question: What was the original name of sweet corn?
Answer: Chicken Feed
- Question: Why did people start dressing up as Halloween costumes?
Answer: Many Europeans, including the Celts, dressed in costumes to repel the spirits I believe returned to Earth during what we now call Halloween.
- Q: What medieval English tradition inspired the food?
Answer: On the day of remembrance of those who left, the poor walked "in the soul", knocking on doors and offering prayers for loved ones who died in exchange for food.
- Q: What did Scottish women hang to see their future Halloween husbands?
Answer: Wet sheets in front of the fire.
- Q: What is the name of the pre-Halloween party in Des Moines, Iowa?
Answer: In Des Moines, the night before Halloween is called Beggar's Night, when children go door to door telling jokes, reciting poems or dancing in exchange for sweets.
- Question: Who was the first lady to decorate the White House for Halloween?
Answer: Mamie Eisenhower in 1958.
- Q: Which famous magician died on Halloween?
Answer: Harry Houdini
- Q: Why do some people wear Halloween clothes on the inside?
Answer: Some superstitions say that if you put on your clothes inside and go back to Halloween, you will see a witch in the middle of the night.
Do you know everything about cats? Think again. Cats are naturally mysterious, they are like an onion: endless layers! Dogs will tell you all the facts about themselves. Get cozy with your best furry buddy and learn some lesser-known facts about cats.
Interesting facts about cats
We use the term "big cats" to refer to animals such as lions, tigers, and leopards for a good reason. Cats and tigers shared a common ancestor over ten million years ago. However, today's domestic cats still share 95% of their genetic code with tigers. It's no wonder why the two exhibit many of the same behaviors, including scent marking, prey stalking and attacking.
1. The cat's domestication took place approximately 9500 years ago in the Middle East in the Fertile Crescent region (the conditional name for the region with increased rainfall during the winter months), where the oldest human civilizations originated developed.
2. A cat's tongue is pulled out at a speed of 1 meter per second when licking liquid. Unlike dogs, a cat's tongue only touches the surface of the liquid and does not penetrate it. Then the tongue rushes up and drags a column of liquid with it.
3. Currently, there are about 600 million domestic cats in the world.
4. A distinctive feature of the structure of the cat's eye, which is characteristic of many mammals, is the presence of a nictitating membrane (third eyelid). It can be seen when the cat sleeps with its eyes open or feels tired. If the third eyelid is constantly visible, including when the cat is awake, this in most cases can be a sign of illness.
5. Most cats are able to give birth to one to nine kittens in one litter. The largest known litter consisted of 19 kittens, 15 of which survived.
6. The longest-lived cat ever recorded is Cream Puff, who lived 38 years and 3 days (1967-2005).
7. Cats see excellently in low light conditions, however, contrary to common misconception, they cannot see in absolute darkness.
8. Vibrissae (colloquially whiskers) in cats are specialized sense organs that perform a tactile function. In no case should a cat's vibrissae be removed, since by doing so it will actually be deprived of its "orientation and navigation system" in space.
9. While in most countries the black cat is considered a symbol of bad luck, in the UK and Australia they are, on the contrary, regarded as animals that bring good luck.
10. Cats have a sense of smell that is about 14 times stronger than a human's, which allows them to smell odors that humans are not even aware of.
11. Mathematician Richard Montgomery once developed a special theory called the falling cat theorem. According to her, a cat falling backwards always flips upside down to land on its feet.
12. A cat almost never meows to other cats, mostly this sound is intended for people. They tend to purr or hiss at other felines.
13. The Burmese cat breed has a very calm, obedient and gentle character. They are very smart and sociable. As a rule, they greet guests with great curiosity and completely without fear. Unlike some other more active breeds, cats of this breed often like to sit on their laps and hands.
14. Cats should not be deprived of meat food, since it is impossible to synthesize all the amino acids they need from plant foods.
15. Cats eat grass, leaves and young shoots of plants to improve the functioning of the digestive system, as well as to induce vomiting to cleanse the stomach of hair.
16. Cleanliness is an instinct in all felines: cleanliness of the body is necessary when hunting, so that the victim could not smell the lurking predator. They wash themselves by licking their fur at least ten times a day.
17. Maine Coon cats are highly intelligent. This is one of the few breeds that can be trained.
18. In the claws of cats there is a pulp - a blood vessel that reaches almost to the tip of the claw. In cases where the nails need to be trimmed, this must be done with extreme caution.
19. Cat nail amputation is prohibited by law in Germany and Switzerland, and in many other European countries it is also prohibited under the European Companion Animal Convention.
20. Valerian root extract contains actinidin, which is the culprit in the unusual behavior of domestic cats and other felines (tigers, lions, cougars, etc.). Its smell is similar to the smell of one of the components contained in cat urine.
21. Cats are able to give their voice about a hundred different intonations, while dogs - only about ten.
22. The Abyssinian cat is one of the oldest cat breeds. They are named after the African country of Abyssinia, now Ethiopia.
23. The "purr apparatus" in cats is the thinly connected hyoid bones that lie between the base of the skull and the base of the tongue. Muscle contraction near the vocal cords causes them to vibrate. The cat makes a purring sound with its mouth and nose, and the vibration spreads throughout its body.
24. When a cat is pleased, it extends and retracts its claws on its front paws. This movement is called the "milk step" - with this movement, the kittens stimulate the release of milk from the mother's nipples during feeding.
25. Yuri Dmitrievich Kuklachev gained fame by being the first in the USSR to engage in circus work with cats. In addition to performances with cats, Yuri Kuklachev regularly conducts "Lessons of Kindness" in schools, child care facilities and even in children's colonies in different cities of Russia.
26. In the UK, two cats - Humphrey (1988-2006) and Larry (2007-) were awarded the official title. Cats living in the residence of the Prime Minister of Great Britain received the title of "Chief mouser of the government residence".
27. Cats are very sensitive to vibrations. They can feel an earthquake 10 or 15 minutes before a human.
28. In the 1930s, two Russian biologists discovered that the color change in Siamese kittens depended on their body temperature. Siamese cats carry albino genes that are triggered at body temperatures above 36℃. In warm parts of the body, less pigment is produced than in cold parts, so the ears, paws, tail and muzzle are painted in a darker color compared to the rest of the body.
29. Even a cat entering the water for the first time will swim well, because the position and movements of its body when swimming will be the same as when walking.
30. In ancient Egypt, cats were considered the embodiment of the goddess of fertility Bast and were revered as sacred animals. The punishment for their murder was the death penalty.
31. In the Catholic countries of medieval Europe, the cat was considered a companion of witches and the personification of evil spirits. Because of this, they were burned alive at the stake or thrown from the bell towers. The destruction of cats is indirectly attributed to the cause of outbreaks of plague epidemics, since there was almost no one to exterminate rats and other rodents that carry the disease.
32. In Russia, a domestic cat was expensive and could serve as a valuable gift, since it guaranteed the protection of the crop from rodents. She was also a symbol of peace and prosperity in the house, protecting the house from evil spirits.
33. Cats are the only animals allowed to enter the mosque.
34. The most fluffy and thick fur among cats has a manul. While other cats have an average of 2,500 hairs per square centimeter, Pallas' cats have 9,000.
35. Unlike dogs, cats have not undergone significant changes during their domestication process.
36. In cats, sweat glands are located only on the paw pads.
37. A cat's heart beats almost twice as fast as a human's, between 110 and 140 beats per minute.
38. Like humans, cats have a dominant hand.
39. The most popular breeds are Persian, Maine Coon and Siamese cats.
40. On short distances, the speed of cats can reach 49 kilometers per hour.
These are 15 excellent adventure family movies that adults can safely show their children and enjoy watching for themselves. This list contains touching stories about animals that save people from trouble and become their life companions. Here you can find magical worlds, the passage carried out through a hollow tree, a massive wall, or simply thanks to your imagination. And, if you don’t like any of this, then look at the pranks of schoolchildren who get away with it but help them grow as individuals. These pictures are recommended for viewing by the whole family because such a movie can make you believe in a miracle again, or at least cheer and distract from everyday problems for at least a couple of hours.
15 best family movies that are guaranteed to keep your kids entertained this summer
You have a free evening, and you will spend it with your family. Our selection of the best family films will help you choose a movie for this occasion. As many as sixty stunning paintings are perfect for a cozy family evening.
15. The Call of the Wild, 2020
IMDb rating: 6.8
Genre: adventure, drama
The picture's protagonist is a kind and quick-witted but very trusting dog Buck, a mix of St. Bernard and Collie. Initially, he lives in warm and sunny California, from where he is taken out by scammers and sold to Alaska, gripped by a gold rush (gold mining in California in 1848-1855. - Approx. ed.).
Baku will have to become part of the dog team, deliver the mail, and then become the leader of the male dogs. But stability does not last long, and soon they want to sell Buck again. An elderly prospector rescues him (a person who extracts minerals. - Approx. ed.) named John Thornton. John will become a real friend to Buck and help him find his way.
14. Nicostratos le pelican, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: comedy drama
Janis's mother dies, and his father, Demosthenes, closes in on himself from grief and does not seem to notice his son. The only reminder of a past happy life is the pectoral cross that Janis left from his mother.
Once, the boy met the ship captain, known for his bad temper, and saw him have a pelican chick, which he exchanged for his mother's cross. With the help of a familiar monk, Janis raised and tamed a bird, which he named Nikostratos. Soon, the hand-held pelican became a local landmark. Tourists began to flock to the city that wanted to see Nikostratos.
The friendship between the boy and the bird ended on the day Nikostratos was hit by a bus. Demosthenes took the bird and took it to die. Janis fell into depression, but he noticed that his father periodically disappeared from the house, even in this state. It turned out that Demosthenes, in secret from his son, treated the bird and taught the pelican to fly. This story is a vivid example of how one kind of activity changes many people's lives.
13. My Dog Skip, 2000
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: Drama, historical
This is a story about how a pet can radically change the boring life of a modest boy from a provincial town. Will Morris is given a puppy that helps him overcome his shyness, make friends, and finally start living life to the fullest.
12. Hector and the Search for Happiness, 2014
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: comedy-drama, adventure
Hector is not the most successful psychotherapist. He worries his patients are not getting happier. To fix this, Hector sets off on a journey to find the secret of happiness. He will meet various people and be taken prisoner in Africa. All these events will show Hector that happiness depends on the person himself and his ability to appreciate simple things.
11. Real Steel, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: science fiction, drama
This sci-fi movie takes us to the future. Boxing and similar sports are banned because they are considered inhumane. Instead of them, there are battles of giant robots controlled by people. The main character is Charlie Kenton, who trains robots. A series of failures haunt him, and he also learns that his ex-wife has died and, therefore, their familiar son Max will now live with him.
Together with his son Charlie, he finds an outdated but competent Atom robot in a landfill and begins to participate in illegal battles with him. Max shows extraordinary abilities and helps to make a champion out of the found robot in fights. After a series of victories in the Real Steel tournaments, Atom has to go to battle with Zeus, the recognized leader of the Living Steel, whom no one has been able to defeat. Can Charlie and Max win this fight as well?
10. We Bought a Zoo, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.1
Genre: comedy drama
Another picture is based on actual events. Benjamin Mee lost his wife, but a son and a daughter survived. He buys an old house with a zoo. There are still employees who want to revive it.
It turns out that restoring the zoo will cost $100,000, which Benjamin doesn't have. He is ready to give up, but it turns out that the late wife left him an account, the amount of which will allow him to complete all the work. Will Benjamin manage to build relationships with children and revive the zoo?
9. Bridge to Terabithia, 2007
IMDb rating: 7.2
Genre: fantasy, drama
Even though this film belongs to fairy tales, it is based on actual events in the family of the author of the script.
Jess and Leslie are schoolchildren who cannot find mutual understanding with their peers. They get closer to each other. On one of their walks, they find an abandoned tree house in the forest and turn it into the fabulous kingdom of Terabithia known only to them.
Meanwhile, the guys have to confront school bullies in the real world and learn to uphold justice. They're doing pretty well until Leslie dies. Can Jess save Terabithia on his own?
8. Lady Bird, 2017
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: comedy drama
This is a story about the complexities of teenage life. The main character Christina lives in a low-income family, studies in a Catholic school with strict rules, and plays in the school theater. The girl has red-pink hair. She dreams of leaving her hometown and enrolling in a prestigious college on the east coast of the United States.
7. I Can Only Imagine, 2018
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: musical drama
The film is based on the life story of musician Bart Millard. Viewers are shown the story of the problematic relationship between Bart and his father, Arthur. After his father's death, Millard creates a rock band and travels. But the words that he never said to Arthur while he was alive haunt him. So Bart writes the song "I Can Only Imagine," which becomes a platinum hit.
6. Demain to start, 2016
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: comedy drama
The main character of the picture, Samuel, finds himself in a strange situation. Ex-girlfriend Kristin leaves his three-month-old daughter Gloria in his care and disappears. The guy has to move to London, start working as a stuntman and raise a girl. Over time, the girl becomes essential to him, but suddenly Christine returns and wants to take her daughter.
5. Best in Show, 2000
IMDb rating: 7.5
What can be dramatic in a show where dogs perform? Everything is not simple, and behind each animal that takes part in the competition, its owners have a complex story. This picture shows what people are ready to win.
4. Little Miss Sunshine, 2006
IMDb rating: 7.8
Genre: comedy drama
The main character of this tragicomedy, Olive, is only seven years old, but she knows exactly what she wants. Her goal is to win the beauty contest. To help the girl, the members of her complex family unite and throw all their efforts into making the girl's wish come true.
The path will not be easy, and the heroes will face scandals, showdowns, and losses. But as a result, they will understand that success is not the only thing that can bring happiness. And sometimes the most important thing is to be surrounded by loved ones.
3. The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006
IMDb rating: 8.0
Genre: Drama, biography
This movie is based on actual events. The main character Chris Gardner is abandoned by his wife, who leaves him a son. The boy is only five years old, and together with his father, he will have to endure many difficulties.
An unsuccessful investment in medical equipment makes Gardner bankrupt. He and his son have to spend the night in the subway and shelters. And during the day, he diligently plays the role of an ultimately successful person to undergo an internship at the school of brokers. This job is Chris' dream and his only chance to secure an everyday life for himself and his son. Will Gardner be able to persevere and not give up on the path to happiness?
2. Wonder, 2017
IMDb rating: 8.0
Even for adults who are not like others, life is complicated. But what about when you are eleven years old, and your face remains unusual even after 27 operations? In this situation, the protagonist of the film August "Auggie" Pullman, finds himself.
A boy who suffers from a genetic disease will have to go to a regular school with "normal" children and join their team. This film shows how important it is to maintain humanity and kindness even under a hail of ridicule and misunderstanding. These qualities can change others and make them think about their behavior.
1. Hachi: A Dog's Tale, 2009
IMDb rating: 8.1
A story based on actual events. Once upon a time, university professor Parker Wilson found a tiny puppy of the Akita Inu breed on the street, took him home, and named him Hachiko. As a result, Wilson acquired a devoted friend who accompanied him every morning to work at the railway station and met him there in the evening. Everything in Hachiko's life changed when Parker didn't come home from work one evening. The dog continued to wait, no matter what.
Where to watch the latest and best family movies: on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?
The growth of streaming services has continued rapidly over the past few years, with many platforms available offering all sorts of entertainment for all tastes.
However, two remain the most talked about: Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. They offer similar functionality: TV shows and movies are available to watch at your leisure. They offer 4K HDR content and offline viewing. This makes it difficult to choose between them.
Netflix has a handful of films with titles like The Irishman that make a big splash on the service. There are several Netflix exclusives, but outside of them, the movie selection tends to get old - it's back catalog stuff, not somewhere you go to watch the latest blockbusters. Since everything is part of a Netflix subscription, there is no natural way out of it.
Amazon has the upper hand here. Because it offers content to rent or buy, you can find newer stuff and pay for it. Some may not want to fork out the money. Still, if you're going to watch something in particular, Amazon will often have it available for some before Netflix does.
Amazon then tends to offer some movies as part of Prime, but that's the flip side of the dual approach - sometimes you see something you want to watch, and then you find out you have to buy it. Netflix never does this to you, so you will never feel disappointed.
Let's just say that choosing between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video is not an easy task. It will most likely come down to two things: price and preference.
You need to consider which type of movies and shows you enjoy the most and compare the results of each incredibly original and exclusive content. Top Gear fans, for example, will no doubt want to subscribe to Amazon's The Grand Tour service to watch the exploits of Jeremy Clarkson and his henchmen.
Comic book fans would prefer to choose Netflix due to the content partnership with Marvel Studios. However, there is now a move to DC with Disney + taking Marvel under its roof. Netflix is probably the best single access to streaming content - with so many big shows running through the service, watching it is practically a must.
On the other hand, Amazon is a much larger platform - content to rent or buy, additional channels to subscribe to - Amazon offers a lot beyond streaming entertainment. Of course, the TV service is essentially free for those who pay for Amazon Prime.
Could you live with Amazon Prime instead of Netflix? Of course, you can - you will have a lot of entertainment. The question is, can you live without Netflix, which still dominates streaming communication.
On March 24, 1972, The Godfather premiered in the United States and Canada. This year, the famous tape was again released on the screens. In honor of the 50th anniversary, Bemorepanda has collected 50 facts about the legendary film history.
Facts about the Godfather movie
The epic gangster saga The Godfather is considered one of the best films. The film has been quoted, imitated, and admired. The bright plot, the brilliant direction of Coppola, the fantastic performance of Al Pacino and Marlon Brando, the magnificent music - all this made the film "The Godfather" unforgettable.
1. In the 1960s, Mario Puzo was not the most successful writer. The father of five children suffered from gambling and was ruined. Creditors threatened to seriously injure him if the writer did not return $11,000 to them.
2. to get even with his debts, Puzo wrote the script for the film "Mafia" and brought it to the Paramount film studio. The author was advised to write a book and immediately forgot about him.
3. “I am ashamed to say, but I wrote The Godfather solely based on my literary research. I have never met a real crystal-clear gangster, ”the writer later admitted.
4. According to rumors, Puzo was inspired by Dostoevsky's novel The Brothers Karamazov.
5. While the book was being prepared for publication, the publisher leaked information, and Paramount decided to make a film based on Puzo's novel. For the film rights, the writer received $ 2 million.
6. The studio did not expect much success from the gangster drama until the book The Godfather, published in 1969, became wildly popular.
7. A novel by obscure author Puzo stayed on the NY Times bestseller chart for over 60 weeks.
8. Director Francis Ford Coppola was practically nobody at that time. He even founded American Zoetrope with friend George Lucas to prove his worth. But success came to Coppola from the other side...
9. The film studio wanted to entrust Sergio Leone to shoot The Godfather. But he refused and later regretted it immensely. After 11 years, the director took revenge by telling his story about gangsters - Once Upon a Time in America.
10. Directors Elia Kazan and Costa-Gavras also said no.
11. Coppola, like Puzo, did not know anything about gangsters. Moreover, he did not even finish reading the book "The Godfather," which many admired, tired of the overabundance of erotic scenes. “A third of the book is devoted to the anatomical problems of a minor heroine,” the director admitted years later.
12. The producers signed a contract with Coppola, counting on his Italian origin and the unknown as a director (you could save on the fee).
13. Through negotiations, Francis increased the film's budget from $2.5 million to $6 million.
14. During filming, the producers were unhappy with Coppola. But this continued only until he received an Oscar for the script for the film Patton.
15. The prototype of Vito Corleone is the famous gangster Joseph "Joe" Bonanno.
16. Corleone is the name of a small town in Sicily.
17. Laurence Olivier, Burt Lancaster, Anthony Quinn, Raf Vallone, and Ernest Borgnine were predicted for the role of Don Corleone. It was rumored that they asked for the part of "godfather" Orson Welles and even Frank Sinatra.
18. Puzo saw only Marlon Brando as Don Corleone. Coppola was of the same opinion.
19. The producers were categorically against the participation of the stellar Brando (he had a reputation, frankly, not very good) and set three, as it seemed to them, impossible conditions: the actor works for free, in case of disruption of filming he pays a penalty of $ 1 million, participates in auditions for general grounds.
20. Coppola took two operators and went to Brando's house to make samples. Seeing footage with a "real gangster," the producers found no objection.
21. Contrary to the producers' fears, Marlon did not disrupt a single day of shooting.
22. Brando often joked and arranged practical jokes. For example, in the scene where the guests were photographed at the wedding of Don Corleone's daughter, the actor suddenly took off his pants and showed everyone his butt. At that moment, there were 500 actors and extras on set.
23. Samples of unknown James Caan, Robert Duvall, and Diane Keaton, the director, did in his home. Coppola's wife even cut the men's hair to make them look like heroes.
24. The role of Michael Corleone could be played by Robert Redford, Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, and Robert de Niro.
25. "Unknown Ugly Shorty" Al Pacino did not suit anyone except Coppola. During filming, the producers could not understand for a long time when the actor would start acting.
26. Pacino agreed to a fee of $35,000.
27. Sinatra was considered the prototype of Johnny Fontaine. He thought that this image in the book was written off from him and even yelled at Puzo, meeting him by chance in a restaurant. So Fontaine practically does not appear in the film.
28. The scene where Sonny beats up Carlo takes four days to shoot. Seven hundred extras participated in it.
29. Real gangsters created the League for the Defense of the Rights of Italian Americans. One of the directions of their struggle was the eradication of the frequent use of the word "mafia." The producers of The Godfather were subjected to surveillance and intimidation. One of them even had to go to a meeting with gangsters. Fortunately, the word "mafia" appeared in the text only once...
30. The film "The Godfather" was filmed in 4 months.
31. A special secret show was arranged for the Mafiosi. The producers did not know about this "misconduct" at the film studio. However, the guests were delighted. The film became a cult classic for American gangsters.
32. The Godfather started on 400 screens at once. But people still paid resellers for tickets 3-4 times more to get to the session quickly.
33. On the day of the premiere, 32-year-old Coppola was nervous: “I think failure is inevitable. What I've done? Took a popular, full of piquancy and "strawberry" novel, and turned it into the endless chatter of a gang of bandits in dimly lit interiors.
34. Shortly before the premiere, Coppola joked in a conversation with the producers. If the film collects $ 50 million, they will buy him a Mercedes 600 limousine. When fees exceeded $ 100 million, Coppola went to order a car driven by the Pope and Francisco Franco.
35. A few months later, The Godfather became the highest-grossing film in US history, breaking the record for Gone with the Wind.
36. During the election campaign of Richard Nixon, he was compared to Vito Corleone. And it sounded like… a compliment. The term "godfather" also took root after the film's release.
37. At the Oscars in 1973, Coppola received the highest film award for the screenplay. And The Godfather became the best film.
38. Brando was named the best actor in 1972. But he refused the Oscar awarded to him, thus expressing a protest against discrimination against the indigenous population of America.
39. Composer Nino Rota was nominated for an Oscar for the best film score. Still, the nomination was canceled when it turned out that he did not write new music entirely but used and reworked his melodies from the film Fortunella.
40. According to the American Film Institute, "The Godfather" is ranked #1 in the list of the ten best gangster films.
41. Two years after the premiere, Coppola decided to build on the success and shot the film The Godfather 2.
42. The Godfather 2 won 6 Oscars.
43. In the Soviet Union, Roman Puzo first went to samizdat, until in 1987, it was published by the Znamya magazine.
44. The film "The Godfather" was one of the major hits in the underground video market of the USSR. But even those who did not have a "Vidik" knew him.
45. In 1985-1989. The USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs blocked Coppola's tape as "propagating a cult of violence."
46. The Soviet Union bought all parts of The Godfather only in 1990 when the third part of the legendary film saga came out. According to unofficial information, for $200,000.
The presentation of the film in the USSR took place at the Rossiya cinema. The sponsor spent 100 thousand rubles. The host was Nikita Mikhalkov, who is called Coppola's friend. Tickets cost 17-25 rubles.
48. The song "Speak Softly Love" to the melody of Nino Rota from the movie "The Godfather" was sung by Muslim Magomayev - in Italian, Sofia Rotaru - in Ukrainian, Renat Ibragimov, Emil Gorovets, and Nina Brodskaya - in Russian.
49. The restoration of the three parts of the film for the 50th anniversary of the premiere of The Godfather took three years. Experts studied 300 boxes of film. For more than 4,000 hours, they eliminated stains on negatives and restored color—more than 1000 hours of color grading.
50. The film was re-released in 4K Ultra HD.