20 facts about the Champions League that are good to know
After a great match as the Champions League 2020 was, we have collected for you 20 interesting facts about the main football tournament in Europe.
1. The Champions League tournament was established in 1992. Prior to that, since 1955, a tournament called "Champions Cup" was held. In the early 1990s, with the aim of increasing the popularity of the tournament and increasing revenue, UEFA reorganized the Champions Cup into the Champions League.
2. The most spectacular Champions League final took place in 2005 in Istanbul. In the decisive match of the tournament, the Italian “Milan” and the English “Liverpool” met. After the first half the score was 3: 0 in favor of Andriy Shevchenko's team. However, in the second half, the British made a stunning comeback, scoring 3 goals against Dida. The Englishmen celebrated the victory in the penalty shootout.
3. Throughout the history of the tournament, representatives of 10 countries have won the League Cup. Among them is the now defunct Yugoslavia. In 1991 the Red Star team won the Champions Cup.
4. The most titled club in the Champions League is Real Madrid. On account of the "creamy" 10 cups of the Champions League. However, we are talking about victories since 1955. It was the Madrid team that became the first Champions Cup winner in the history of football. For 5 seasons in a row, Real has no equal in Europe.
5. Before the start of the Champions League of the 2015-2016 season, the top scorers of the tournament are the greatest football players of our time - Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. On account of each of them 77 goals. At the same time, Messi needed 99 matches for this, the Portuguese - 119.
6. The Champions League Cup is a transitional award. The club keeps the cup for 10 months. The team that wins the tournament 5 times or 3 times in a row has the right to keep the cup forever. The only team to have 2 Champions League Cups is Real Madrid.
7. The record holder for the number of defeats in the Champions League finals is Juventus Turin. The Italians played 8 times in the finals of the tournament, but only twice celebrated the victory.
8. The biggest victory in the tournament was celebrated by the Dynamo Bucharest players. In 1973, the Romanians scored 11 unanswered goals against the Northern Irish Crusaders.
9. Because of its shape, and especially the handles, the main trophy of the tournament is called "Big Ears".
10. In the entire history of the tournament, representatives of one country have played only 5 times in the finals. This happened for the first time in 2000, when Real Madrid and Valencia met. In 2003, Milan and Juventus played in the final, in 2008 - Manchester United and Chelsea, in 2013 - Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich, in 2014 - Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid . "
11. The most productive scorer in one tournament is Cristiano Ronaldo. In the 2013/2014 season, the Portuguese scored 17 goals, surpassing the result of Ferenc Puskas and Lionel Messi, who had 14 goals each.
12. The most awarded Champions League coaches are Bob Paisley - mentor of Liverpool and Carlo Ancelotti. Unlike Paisley, Ancelotti won the Champions League with two clubs - Milan and Real Madrid.
13. Lionel Messi is the absolute leader in the number of hat-tricks in the Champions League. He has 5 hat-tricks on his account.
14. The largest number of spectators at the final match of the tournament was recorded in 1960. In the final, which took place in Glasgow, Real Madrid and Eintracht Frankfurt met. The stadium was attended by 127,621 fans.
15. The modern Champions League anthem appeared in 1992. The arrangement of Zadok the Priest by Georg Frideris Handel (18th century composer) was performed by Tony Britten. The League Anthem is sung in the three official languages of UEFA - English, French and German.
16. Paolo Maldini is the oldest captain in the Champions League. In February 2008, the footballer set an age record by coming out with a captain's armband in a League match at the age of 39 years and 239 days.
17. The fastest goal in UEFA Champions League history was scored by Bayern Munich forward Roy Makai on 7 May 2007. In the victory for his team in the 1/8 final match with Real Madrid, the Dutchman took his team ahead 11 seconds after the starting whistle.
18. The fastest sending-off in Champions League history took place on 11 March 2015. In the match Bayern Munich - Shakhtar Donetsk, the Pitmen's defender Oleksandr Kucher was sent off in the 3rd minute. As a result, the Donetsk team lost with a score of 7: 0 and stopped fighting for the award.
19. The youngest debutant in the Champions League is Celestine Babayaro (“Anderlecht”), who in 1994 was 16 years old and 87 days old. In his debut match, Babayaro was sent off in the 37th minute.
20. The record holder for the number of matches played in the Champions League is Xavi. As part of the Catalan "Barcelona" legend The spaniard has made 151 league appearances.
People by nature constantly strive to learn something new, but at the same time they know very little about themselves. The creator of the TikTok channel Knowledgesaurus decided to fight this injustice by regularly revealing fascinating facts about the human body in his videos. People liked it so much that his videos are gaining millions of views, and the account boasts 1.4 million subscribers. Basically, the author of the channel shares statistics on rare abilities and deviations associated with humans, thanks to which you can find out how rare you are. We have collected 20 facts for you, and they all look forward to your attention further.
“Some people sneeze when exposed to sunlight. This is called the light sneeze reflex. It is observed on average in 26% of the population, it is not a well-studied genetic trait "
“Only 12% of people have tetrachromathy - the simultaneous perception of the color spectrum by four different types of light receptors. People with tetrachromacy see about 10 times more shades and colors than people with normal vision. "
“10% of people have Morton's finger. This is when the big toe is shorter than the next one. The Statue of Liberty also has Morton's finger. "
“2% of people have red hair by nature. To have a child with this hair color, both parents must have this gene, and although redheads make up a tiny fraction of the population, one study found that 30% of advertisements showed people with red hair. "
“Less than 1% of people have a small hole in the ear. Some evolutionary biologists claim that this is what is left of the gills. "
“9% of people taste soap in cilantro. Cilantro contains a chemical that is a byproduct of soap making. "
“Only 1% of people are ambidextrous; they have the same right and left hands. It makes no difference to them which hand to use. "
“35% of people do not have wisdom teeth. In the past, wisdom teeth served a purpose, but now they are no longer used, so we remove them to prevent them from causing inflammation while cutting through the gums. One can only envy such people "
“Only 33% of people can whistle. Almost everyone can learn, for this you just need to master the technique "
"83.7% of people can roll their tongue into a tube, but only 14.7% of people can make a" clover "from the tongue"
“1% of people need less sleep than the rest. This feature allows them to go through the sleep cycle faster than the average person. "
“Only 5% of people have arched fingerprints. Most people have either looped or curled prints. "
The author of this photo has all three types of prints on at least one hand (from left to right): curl, loop and arc.
“1% of people have a double row of eyelashes. While some may think that this is enviable, in fact it can cause some problems. "
Photo author: “I have a rare genetic disease - distichiasis (double row of eyelashes). Sometimes they grow in my eye. "
“Only 25% of people have dimples on their cheeks. They can be both on both sides and on one. They are also inherited, and if you have dimples on your cheeks, then most likely your child will also have them. "
“20% of people have a gap between their front teeth. This is usually caused by a mismatch between the size of the jaw and the size of the teeth. "
"In 8.4% of people, the hair on the crown of the head is curled counterclockwise, while the majority of people curl it clockwise."
“Less than 1% of people have super-strong bones. This is caused by a mutation in one of the genes that makes bones 8 times denser. "
In February 2022, the 2022 Super Bowl will take place - the final of the National Football League.
Ahead of the match, which is just some days away, the NFL has announced a roster of performers who will play during halftime.
The audience will be entertained by four famous rappers - Dr. Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Kendrick Lamar. Also on stage will be the hip-hop singer Mary J. Blige.
This is the final game of the American football season between the two best teams in the United States. At the same time, it is the most rated event of the year on American television, which gathers the maximum audience from television screens. The Super Bowl is not only watched by sports fans, because it is one of the main events of modern pop culture.
Every year, on the first Sunday in February, the US hosts the final game of the National Football League - The Super Bowl. From a purely sporting event, the Superbowl has long turned into a super show. We tell the story of the best performances of this cup, which have become iconic in pop culture and fashion - from Carol Channing to The Weeknd.
Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about The Super Bowl 2022.
1. Super Bowl - in American football, the title of the final game for the title of champion of the National Football League (NFL) of the United States of America. The game and its attendant celebration over the years is Super Bowl Sunday.
2. Any holiday, in my opinion, is great: it is a good mood, emotions, meeting interesting people and friends (if you are watching a company) and a reason for discussion the next day. Well, in America they know how to decorate holidays beautifully and celebrate on a large scale.
3. During the break, the stadium turns into a large-scale concert venue. One star is putting on an amazing mini-concert!
4. Huge audience attracts advertisers' attention. During the Super Bowl, the most expensive and high-quality advertising in the world is shown - the cost of showing a 30-second video is $ 5 million. Film companies showcase exclusive trailers of the most anticipated films of the year.
5. At the same time there are 22 people on the field - 11 attacking players of one team against 11 defense players of the other. The task of attacking in 4 attempts to go 10 yards. In this case, the ball can be passed through the air or immediately run with it in hand. If you miss 10 yards in your available attempts, either give the ball to an opponent or kick the ball into the goal to score 3 points.
6. If the attack goes all the way and the player is in the end zone with the ball, this is called a touchdown and the team scores 6 points plus the chance to score one extra. The task of the defense, therefore, is to prevent the attack from passing all those yards.
7. The Denver Broncos are playing against the Carolina Panthers. For Denver, the main figure is 39-year-old quarterback Peyton Manning, one of America's most famous and respected athletes. For him, this is most likely the last game of his career and a chance to say goodbye to sports beautifully by winning the championship ring.
8. Carolina are a young and mischievous team with outstanding defense, having suffered only 1 defeat in 18 games of the season (including the playoffs). The leader is quarterback Cameron Newton, who will soon be named the best player of the regular season.
9. From the point of view of non-Americans, the hysteria around, in fact, a football match seems to be a surprising phenomenon.
10. The amazing thing is: Since 1967, when the National Football League and the American Football League began merging, the Super Bowl has grown in popularity until it has become a national phenomenon.
11. Now the final game of the season, during which the NFL champion is determined, in the United States has the character of a national holiday: fashionable department stores like Bergdorf Goodman decorate windows in her honor and come up with capsule collections, and Americans themselves sit en masse in front of TV screens - on the day of the final in the USA they buy and eat only slightly less food than they did on Thanksgiving.
12. The TV broadcast of the game is so popular that the match itself has been shifted over the years to the evening time, so that the breaks fall on Sunday prime time.
13. For this broadcast, brands of all stripes traditionally release separate commercials (one minute of airtime during the Super Bowl costs about $ 8 million) - this is how the first iPhone advertisement was shown for the first time, and this year the Tiffany & Co. campaign will be presented during the broadcast. starring Lady Gaga.
14. Falling into big news feeds, the fashion industry could not ignore such an event and throughout the existence of the Super Bowl systematically worked its way inside the football game. In the interval between the halves, since 1970, they have been organizing mini-concerts - a little less than 15 minutes, the so-called halftime performances, at which the most famous artists at the time of the game perform.
15. The next morning, the sports media talked about the score, and the rest of the media talked about the performances and costumes prepared by the fashion brand teams for the Super Bowl. We have selected the most iconic ones.
16. Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida attracted three times fewer people than usual. Due to antiquated measures, the performances had to be moved from the field to the stage installed in the stands (for the first time in the 55-year history of the Super Bowl!). However, even this did not stop them from staging a grand show. Super Bowl 2021 headliner The Weeknd was accompanied by poet Amanda Gorman, r'n'b singer Jazmine Sullivan, singer H.E.R. and Miley Cyrus.
17. Viewers first saw Cyrus performing a special TikTok Tailgate show in honor of the doctors (with a Tik Tok broadcast, of course).
18. On the stage, Miley appeared first in the form of a cheerleader by Michael Schmidt, and then in the interpretation of football equipment that Gucci designers created especially for Miley, by the way, the FTW inscription on the top stands for for the win.
19. To the delight of older viewers, rock legends Billy Idol and Joan Jett appeared on stage with Cyrus (they also worked with Miley on her last disc). After Miley, Amanda Gorman, the 22-year-old poet most of us knew about at Biden's inauguration, came up with a new poem about Americans fighting a pandemic. Amanda changed her Prada coat to a Moschino from the Spring 2021 collection, and a red rim for a pearl one. Star stylist Jason Bolden, who works with the main figures of American pop culture, from Alicia Keys to Serena Williams, gathered her for the ceremony (you can find out how his everyday life as a stylist goes on in Bolden's author's show on Netflix Styling Hollywood.
20. Although on the eve of the Super Bowl, The Weeknd complained that he did not have enough money to repeat the appearance of Diana Ross (in 1996, the singer landed at the stadium by helicopter), his appearance on the impromptu stage turned out to be no less spectacular.
21. The Weeknd decided not to deviate from the narrative set in 2020, and again used the image of Robert De Niro from "Casino" by Martin Scorsese. The outfit was in charge of Givenchy creative director Matthew Williams, who said it took 250 hours of work to create the rhinestone-studded jacket. But The Weeknd made it easier for the makeup artists - this time the singer went on stage without bandages on his face.
22. Dancers have appeared in them, and according to The Weeknd, this is a hairpin towards celebrities who change their appearance for public recognition. The performance has already been sold into memes, including because at the same time as The Weeknd there were thousands of his "clones" on stage - some fans decided that in the middle of the show Abel himself was a little confused.
23. J-Lo and Shakira's performance during the Super Bowl 2020 halftime ended just a few hours ago, and it is already being called one of the most spectacular shows in the history of halftime performances. Designer Peter Dundas was responsible for Shakira's costumes. One of them - a red crop top with Swarovski crystals and a transforming dress - has been compared on the Internet to the Gazelle outfit from the Zootopia cartoon, voiced by Shakira. Red, which is so popular on similar tracks, in the Super Bowl, on the contrary, was an exception. Oddly enough, the last time Diana Ross performed in such a dress on the show was back in 1996.
24. The choice of outfit for Jennifer Lopez was predictable. “When people think of Jennifer, they think of Versace,” said one of the singer's stylists, Mariel Hann. In just a 14-minute performance, J.Lo changed four outfits, while it took her only 8 seconds to change clothes for the longest time. So, during Jenny From The Block, she was in a leather jumpsuit with rivets (like she wore to concerts in the early 2000s), and Get Right sang in a sparkling bodysuit.
25. There were also political statements at the Super Bowl. So, for the finale of the performance, Jay Lo wore a voluminous cape of multi-colored feathers that form an American flag on the outside, and a Puerto Rican one from the inside.
26. Shakira's performance was regarded as an homage to Middle Eastern culture. The singer took the stage with the Colombian dance troupe Swing Latino (and performed a belly dance herself), and when she played the track My Hips Don’t Lie, she imitated the manner of Arab women to festively "hoot" with joy. True, not everyone understood the allusion - and so the singer became the main meme of the Super Bowl.
27. The end of the show was held under the auspices of girl power. Shakira and J. Lo sang Let’s Get Loud together - Lopez's hit from her 1999 debut album. And on stage they were joined by a chorus of girls led by the 11-year-old daughter Jennifer Lopez Emmy (American Vogue has already read her a great future).
28. The performance at the 2016 Super Bowl was discussed, firstly, because the game was jubilee - the fiftieth, and all the artists tried to make their performances as patriotic as possible.
29. The incident was that absolutely everything was decided to express love for the native country in the outfits of Italian designers: Lady Gaga was in Gucci, Bruno Mars - in Versace, Beyonce - in Dsquared2, and only Chris Martin's sneakers were American. Otherwise, the patriotic component of halftime performance was all right: for example, the costumes of Beyoncé dancers, which Zana Bane did, were an allusion to the uniforms of the Black Panthers, a radical political group that fought against the oppression of black Americans, and on the day before Super Bowl, the singer presented composition Formation and a clip for it (you yourself know what).
30. Jeremy Scott was responsible for the costumes of Perry: he came up with four extravagant (in some places even just weird) looks for the singer - from a beach ball costume to a dress of flames, in which Katy rode out onto the field, sitting astride a huge mechanical dog.
31. Scott is known for his commercial approach to fashion, and about the appearance of Moschino clothes at the Super Bowl he said honestly: "This is the most popular show of the year - it has more viewers than the Oscars!" As for Missy Elliott, in her case, the news feed was in her very appearance on the stage after a ten-year hiatus. Thanks to the Super Bowl, her album sales grew more than 900 percent in the week after the match.
32. Since 2012, bespoke clothing from big brands has become an important part of Super Bowl performances. For example, three years ago, the fashionable component of the performance split in two - on the one hand, there was Bruno Mars in a gold Yves Saint Laurent jacket, on the other - the opera singer Renee Fleming in a black Vera Wang dress made especially for her with white draperies.
33. According to Vera's plan, the dress was supposed to embody all the greatness of American culture, sit comfortably on Fleming and look good against the background of the orchestra. It seems that everything turned out, and in such a way that Rene did not want to donate the outfit to the museum later (in the end, she was persuaded).
34. The Super Bowl has had dozens of amazing performances, but Beyoncé is Beyoncé. The show, which the singer, her team and the group Destiny's Child came up with, was so entertaining and polished that it seemed as if the audience was watching a 3D clip.
35. Beyoncé came out in a transforming bodysuit, from which she unfastened parts during the performance until only transparent leather lace remained on her. The outfit was invented by the young American couturier Rubin Singer - according to him, the Super Bowl 2013 completely turned his career around. And we join Vogue.com's question: how did it happen that Beyoncé never lost her breath throughout the entire performance?
36. The most epic performance in Super Bowl history goes to Madonna. In the guise of an Egyptian queen, she rode out onto the field in a huge golden chariot, which was carried by hundreds of athletes, and then sang her hit Vogue and several compositions with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj.
37. The costumes for the show were made by Ricardo Tisci - he has already collaborated with Madonna during her three-year Sticky & Sweet tour. “People say that there is a limit to everything, but there are no borders from Madonna. So glad that after trying herself in different roles, she decided to return to the music scene. Not only to give us music, but also to create fashion, create iconic performances, ”said Tisci. For his Super Bowl performance, he came up with three looks: with a long gold cape, with a long black cape and a short dress with over the knee boots. The dancers' costumes were also ordered by Givenchy.
38. The Black Eyed Peas were still performing in full force back then, and each costume deserved a separate discussion. Fergie wore a leather dress with huge overhead shoulders (like those of American football players) covered with crystals, and her fingers glittered with huge ring claws worn on the last phalanx. The rest of the band were wearing leather suits with built-in LEDs. Plus the costumes of four hundred dancers glowed. Minnesota-based dance studio Just For Kix took on this challenging design and technical work. Six years have passed since then, and LEDs on clothes and shoes are gradually becoming a common place (the future is somewhere nearby).
39. The stage in the form of a purple cartoon letter P, the same guitar and sky-blue pantsuit with an orange shirt: this appearance of Prince is invariably included in all lists of the best images of the singer, and outside of such listings it can be safely called the most obvious proof of what he knew how to wear nuclear colors like no one else.
40. Perhaps the most scandalous costume in the history of the Super Bowl. During the joint performance of Rock Your Body, Timberlake tore off Janet's suit - the right cup of a leather corset, exposing the singer's chest. This incident became so high-profile that the English-language Wikipedia has a separate article dedicated to it. CBS was fined a record 550,000 dollars, critics said Janet's trick was a sign of moral decline in the United States, and Jackson herself had to make a public apology.
41. The singer's PR service later explained that Janet let the suit down, but no one believed them: the singer's nipple was prudently covered with an ornament in the form of the sun. The bare-chested fragment was cut from the Super Bowl recording, but it was sent to each other anyway. YouTube co-founder Javed Karim even believes that the episode was one of the reasons for the popularity of the video platform.
42. Strictly speaking, in 2001 she was not the only one performing at the Super Bowl - the singer was accompanied by Aerosmith, * NSYNC and Mary J. Blige. But Britney was the epitome of the early 2000s. In low-rise white trousers, a crop top and a pierced navel, she was the face of a decade, defining the look of the most fashionable girls for years to come. That same year, Pepsi, the official sponsor of the Super Bowl, shot a commercial starring Britney that looked like a sequel to her performance with Aerosmith.
43. Diana Ross wouldn’t be herself if her Super Bowl performance hadn’t been built around her as the main diva of the nineties. First, she changed four costumes: she came out in a red fluffy dress, which was transformed into a mini; then she appeared in an orange-pink mermaid dress, changed it to a gold cloak with leggings and a fuchsia-colored corset, and ended the performance in a pink and orange suit.
44. Ross flew away from the stadium in a helicopter. Thirdly, people lined up in giant letters Diana Ross - so that they could be seen even from space. Her performance is ranked ninth in the Top 10 Super Bowl Performances: Diana turned the costumes into part numbers for the first time.
45. The press unanimously considers Michael Jackson to be the founding father of the standard halftime performance format - in general, he invented a lot of pop cultural phenomena that did not exist before him. Jackson turned his Super Bowl performance into a hit potpourri for the first time, and produced individual dance routines that flow into each other.
46. The singer's costume became no less legendary than the performance itself: black aviator glasses, a black military jacket with a decorative gold bandolier and black cropped trousers with white socks. The Dsquared2 leather jacket that Beyoncé wore at last year's Super Bowl is a homage to Jackson's 1993 look.
47. It is believed that halftime performance first became a full-fledged pop show in 1991, when the Super Bowl was headlined by boy band New Kids on the Block. Firstly, for their performance, a real Disneyland was built on the field with a huge castle and hundreds of children dressed as Disney characters. Second, all four members of the group could outperform the models from men's glossy magazines: wide-leg trousers with a high waist, a straight jacket under Adidas sweatpants, a vest for a naked body and a golden leather jacket, like Mick Jagger.
48. The king of the twist Chubby Checker in tight black trousers and a silver shirt with a wrap and shoulder pads, plus the famous dance group The Rockettes (44 girls in gold top hats and bodysuits), and 88 more white pianos and pianists - just imagine this party on the football field. After Checker, there were many worthy performances, and some of them were much more spectacular, but there was never more fun in the Super Bowl.
49. Actress and singer Channing became the first artist to perform at the Super Bowl. She told The Guardian that she was asked to perform the hit from the Broadway musical Hello, Dolly! literally a week before the match. That halftime performance was built, by the way, not around her performance, but around the Southern University Orchestra - according to Carol, it was like her debut on Broadway.
50.Channing stepped onto the moving platform stage in a white long coat with a hood trimmed with fluffy fur. Presumably, its author was the American couturier Nolan Miller, and the coat itself later became the hallmark of the actress, and she put it on more than once for her other performances.
The giant panda is considered the most valuable species of the bear family. For its specific culinary preferences, it is usually called the bamboo bear. Researchers initially assigned these animals to the raccoon family and only towards the end of the 20th century was it finally assigned to the bear family. Pandas are considered a jewel of China, rare animals and are carefully protected by the state. In this article, we will introduce our readers to interesting facts related to these funny animals.
1. The first time the giant panda was caught only in 1916 with the participation of local residents, but she quickly died. Only 20 years later, one American woman managed to buy a bear cub and bring it to America.
2. The giant panda is one of the rarest animals in the world. She lives only on the territory of the PRC. The main habitat is Sichuan province. Zoologists suggest that pandas may also have remained wild in Gansu province and parts of the Tibetan mountains.
3. The first panda that appeared in a foreign zoo was called Su-ling. She has lived in several zoos in the United States. Only after a fairly long period, after a long search, two more individuals were brought to America, and a little later these bears appeared in London.
4. In the Soviet Union, the first bamboo bear appeared in 1957 in the Moscow Zoo. The panda was a male named Pin-Pin. In 1959, the administration of the Moscow Zoo managed to find another individual for reproduction. The newly acquired panda was named An-An, and she turned out to be a male.
5. For the first time in the zoo, a panda was born in 1963, in Beijing. The bear cub was given birth by a female named Li-Li. The calf's weight was 142 grams. The bear was nicknamed Min-Min. A year later, Li-Li brought another cub, then scientists were able to establish that the period of bearing offspring in pandas is about one hundred and forty days.
6. The peak of activity of pandas is in the evening and at night. The animals are extremely clean and quiet. Bears cannot stand the rain, and try to hide from it.
7. Bamboo bears are extremely careful animals and try to avoid humans. Despite this, Buddhist monks living in the highlands often tame young animals. Pandas often come to monasteries for food alone and in groups.
8. Pandas love to roll head over hills, they have acquired this habit, fleeing from predators. Plus they run surprisingly well. The main natural enemies for bears are leopards.
9. Under natural conditions, the main diet of a bamboo bear is young bamboo shoots and fresh leaves. Besides, pandas love to feast on insects, fish, small rodents.
10. The closest relative of the bamboo bear is the spectacled bear that lives on the western slope of the Andes in the South American continent.
11. The genetic code of a panda and a human is 68% identical, and that of a dog and a bamboo bear is 80% identical.
12. In the summer season, in search of coolness, pandas climb the highlands, located four kilometers above sea level, and in winter they sink eight hundred meters.
13. Adult bears grow up to one and a half meters long and weigh 150 kilograms.
14. Every day panda spends about twelve hours on food and absorbs up to 15% of its own mass.
15. The body of the animal assimilates up to 20% of the absorbed feed.
16. The giant panda, unlike other bears, does not require hibernation.
17. Pandas often reproduce twins, but they feed only one bear cub. The second cub usually dies.
18. After birth, the cub spends with its mother for about three years.
19. The total number of pandas in their natural habitat is approximately 1600 individuals.
20. In China, bamboo bear hunting has been banned since 1962. Violation of the prohibition is punishable by death.
21. The giant panda is considered a national treasure of the PRC.
22. The Chinese government leases pandas to overseas reserves for one million US dollars a year. Moreover, all born panda cubs are considered the property of the Celestial Empire.
23. A newborn bear cub weighs 800 times less than its mother.
24. Pandas have a specific sixth toe, which is the transformed carpal bone.
25. The panda is listed in the Guinness Book of Achievements as the cutest animal on earth.
26. The red panda and the giant panda share the same habitat and diet, and both animals are also endangered.
27. According to legend, the panda was once an all-white bear. When a small girl tried to save a panda cub from being attacked by a leopard, the leopard killed the girl instead. Pandas came to her funeral wearing armbands of black ashes. As they wiped their eyes, hugged each other, and covered the ears, they smudged the black ashes.
28. Pandas can stand upright, but their short hind legs aren’t strong enough to support their bodies.
29. Little pandas are born white, but after a week they acquire their recognizable black and white color.
30. Pandas rely less on visual memory than they do on spatial memory to locate a mate’s home range area and preferred patches of bamboo
31. Pandas are slow creatures, they are capable of developing a very low speed, comparable to a quick step of a person, no more. Although this is still an order of magnitude faster than sloths move (see interesting facts about sloths).
32. The size of an adult giant panda is comparable to that of a brown bear.
33. A baby panda weighs only 150-200 grams at birth.
34. Many Chinese philosophers believe that the universe is made from two opposing forces, the Yin and Yang. The panda is one symbol of this philosophy.
35. For a full and calm life in its natural habitat, an adult giant panda needs about 10 square kilometers of space.
36. In the wild, giant pandas live for 15-20 years, in captivity - a little more. But they are very reluctant to breed in captivity.
37. China does not sell giant pandas but leases them to zoos around the world. Renting one panda brings China about $ 1 million annually.
38. A panda's tooth is 7 times larger than that of a human
39. Every day the panda is busy eating for more than 12 hours and eats about 12-15% of its weight.
40. A panda fur is worth between $60,000 and $100,000 on the illegal trade market.
41. Although a giant panda’s fur looks silky and soft, it is quite thick and wiry.
42. Pandas often give birth to twins, but after giving birth, the panda mother chooses a stronger baby, and the second, left unattended, soon dies.
43. A panda’s throat has a special lining to protect it from bamboo splinters.
44. Pandas have lived on Earth for two to three million years.
45. There are only about 1600 pandas left in the wild.
46. Hunting pandas has been completely banned since 1962, and killing a panda in China can be punishable by death.
47. The word “panda” may have developed from the Nepalese word poonya, which means “bamboo-eating animal” or “plant-eating animal.
48. In summer, pandas can move to an altitude of 4000 meters, fleeing the heat. In winter, they do not hibernate and do not equip a den.
49. An adult panda eats up to 30 kg of bamboo per day.
50. A panda’s entire mating process takes only about two or three days.
Americans celebrate Thanksgiving on the last Thursday in November. This holiday is said to date back to 1623, but it was not until 1863, during the Civil War, that it became an official federal holiday, when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day for "Gratitude and Prayer to Our Father."
Bemorepanda has collected 20 interesting things about Thanksgiving Day. Let's see this collection together.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
There are a lot of interesting things on the Internet, but how do you think it all gets there? Professor? Artificial Intelligence? This is the merit of ordinary people who want to share with the world interesting things that they have encountered in their lives. We have collected just such photos with interesting stories for you, and they are waiting for you further to show what you most likely have never seen.
Largest dicotyledonous leaf ever found on the Amazon
An electrician's eye after being hit by 14,000 volts at work
These Buenos Aires street benches are made of cement
"My trash can made an ice cube in the shape of a trash can."
The same people, the only difference is in the height of those who filmed them. Left photo - 157.5 cm, right - 188 cm
Fork with small fork
"Today I met the sheriff who had pink handcuffs."
Garland under the snow
"In a German restaurant I went to, there is a pot-bellied pig walking on the patio."
Eye after corneal transplant
Inside a salt mine
The reporter is almost a cyborg
If the video says "shot on iPhone", then most likely it was done like this
Janitor's Secret Door at Cinderella Castle, Disneyland
Everyone has seen pictures of the famous Hollywood sign, here is a photo of what the letters "see"
Sesame Street Big Bird Costume Arrangement
Tamascan is a breed of dog that looks like a wolf, but has nothing of the wolf.
No terriers were eaten during the creation of this photo.
Milky Way, Queenstown, New Zealand
Wolfdog - the result of crossing a German shepherd and a wolf
Unusual rain near the beach
High quality smoky Himalayan quartz found in Taos, New Mexico
If you add all the British coins together, you get a shield