50 World Cup interesting quotes
The national football teams have met in the World Cup once every four years since 1930, the only exception being the period of the Second World War. Find out some of the details about this important sporting event that even the most ardent fans do not know.
1. "If you want to have a good time at Wembley, don't call the Germans." Alan Shearer.
2. “Did I say that only the sky is higher than Milan? Everything is correct. But Inter is above the sky. " Antonio Cassano.
3. “Italian football is a game of fear. Two are attacking, 10 are defending, and young players are in the reserve. " Arrigo Sacchi.
4. "Football is the most important thing of all unimportant things." Arrigo Sacchi.
5. “If you don't know what to do with the ball in the box, just score a goal. And after the match we will figure out what else could have been done. " Bob Paisley.
6. “The father of my future wife asked what I was doing. I said that I am a football player. He tensed and asked if I had a profession. I replied that this is the profession. But when I saw the look on his face, I added that I knew how to lay bricks. He immediately perked up. " Bob Paisley.
7. “My work at Liverpool has not always been successful. Once we became the second. " Bob Paisley.
8. "The problem with the referees is that they know the rules of the game, but they don't understand the game itself." Bill Shankly.
9. “In the first half, there were academics with canes in CSKA uniform on the field. And in the second half I saw professional footballers ”. Valery Gazzaev.
10. "The game is forgotten, the result remains." Valery Lobanovsky.
11. “A coach's job? I don't want to lose a footballer in myself, and this must be done in order to become a successful coach. " Dennis Bergkamp.
12. "The best place to defend the goal is in someone else's penalty area." Jock Stein.
13. "Even if it was a hand, it was the hand of God." Diego Maradona.
14. “When I die, no one will remember who I met, who I fought with and how many cars I crashed, because it doesn't matter. They will remember my game. " George Best.
15. “In 1969, I gave up alcohol and women. It was the worst 20 minutes of my life. " George Best.
16. “When the teams were recruited at school, I was always the last to be picked. I was little. " David Beckham.
17. "The stones thrown at me would be enough for a monument." Jose Mourinho.
18. “Victories are not boring. Win 10 games in a row and you want to win 11 more. " Zinedine Zidane.
19. "Life is full of regrets, but they are not worth the time spent on them." Zinedine Zidane.
20. "Why buy a Ferrari if you drive it like a Fiat?" Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
21. “If you have the ball, you have to make the field as big as possible. If your opponents have the ball, you have to make the field as small as possible. " Johan Cruyff.
22. "Every disadvantage can become an advantage." Johan Cruyff.
23. "Italians never outplay anyone, but it is always very easy for them to lose." Johan Cruyff.
24. “I am a former footballer, former coach, former director and former President Emeritus. This list shows once again that everything comes to an end. " Johan Cruyff.
25. "The secret is to smoke a cigarette to calm the nerves, and then take a big sip of something stronger to tone the muscles." Lev Yashin.
26. "I am sure that in a few weeks I can learn to speak English well enough for any German to understand me." Lothar Matthäus.
27. “Running is for animals. We need brains and a ball to play football. ” Louis van Gaal.
28. "I took over the team, but I hope to leave behind a team." Luis Aragones.
29. "If you have the best players, it does not mean that you have the best team." Marcello Lippi.
30. “I don't like compliments. I prefer to hear criticism and refute it. " Paul Scholes.
31. “I lost three World Championships on penalties. Do you mind if I say this is getting on my nerves? " Roberto Baggio.
32. “My job is aggression. I'm going to war. What I do can hardly be called participation in a football match. " Roy Keane.
33. “People say that you have to go with the flow, but do you know who goes with the flow? Dead fish. " Roy Keane.
34. "If it came to a fight with Patrick Vieira, he would kill me." Roy Keane.
35. “If I don’t go to the club at night, I won’t score during the day.” Romario.
36. “I'm ugly. But what I do is fascinating. " Ronaldinho.
37. Winning the World Cup is better than sex. And not because sex is not so good - it's just that the World Cup, unlike sex, happens only once every four years. " Ronaldo.
38. “Usually when players exchange shirts, they always smell like sweat. But Beckham's T-shirt only smelled of cologne. Either he manages to somehow remove his smell, or he sweats with perfume. " Ronaldo.
39. “I play not with my mind, but with my heart. I do not think - I act. " Thierry Henry.
40. “Italians are losing football matches as if they were wars. And they are losing wars as if they were football matches. " Winston Churchill.
41. “The only thing I know about Feyenoord is that they are from the same country where Ajax play. Fabio Capello.
42. "In football, the strongest does not win, but the strongest is the one who won." Franz Beckenbauer.
43. "Advantage means nothing if the opponent has chances." Franz Beckenbauer.
44. "Sometimes, when you walk into the locker room, it seems that you are in Hollywood." Franz Beckenbauer.
45. “I hate tiki-taku. I don’t want to hear about her anymore. Tiki-taka is a bunch of shit, pass to pass. I don't force my players to deal with such rubbish. " Josep Guardiola.
46. “I think there are two Christs. Alone there, upstairs, well, I am here. " Hristo Stoichkov.
47. “Daddy told me:“ Edik, football is a good thing, it’s help in work. If you suddenly shine in football, it will be easier to get a job at the factory ”. Edward Malofeev.
48. "What would football be if not for me?" Ellenio Herrera.
49. "Seagulls follow the trawler because they think the sardines will be thrown into the sea." Eric Cantona.
50. “Sports are completely controlled. Nowadays, football matches have nothing to do with the games in the yard. Imagination has no place here. " Jari Litmanen.
100 Bruce Lee sayings that are relevant at all times
Bruce Lee, the founder of the philosophy of hybrid martial arts, actor, director, philosopher, and one of the icons of the 20th century, was and remained a man of legend. Thanks to his skill, he helped bring East and West closer together, diluting the Hollywood film industry with the flair of Hong Kong martial arts films.
Lee's life was embarrassingly short - he died in 1973 at 32. But this talented person left behind a bright mark. Indeed, besides being a martial arts professional and a charismatic actor, he was also a deep thinker. As a martial artist, Bruce Lee spread his philosophy to his students, including director Roman Polanski, his wife Sharon Tate, and even Chuck Norris! Impressed?
Bruce Lee quotes
Then it's time to read the wise sayings of this great man, inspiring and at the same time encouraging you to change your outlook on many things, primarily on your attitude towards yourself.
1. "Mistakes are always forgivable if you have the courage to admit them."
2. "I am learning to understand, not immediately judge or be judged."
3. "Simplicity is the shortest distance between two points."
4. "I'm not afraid of the one who once worked 10,000 blows, but the one who worked one blow 10,000 times."
5. "The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering."
6. "If you love life, don't waste your time, because life is made up of time."
7. “When water is poured into a cup, it becomes a cup. When water is poured into a bottle, it becomes a bottle. If you pour it into a teapot, it becomes a teapot. Be water, my friend."
8. "Optimism is the belief that leads to success."
9. "It's not about what you give, it's about how you give it."
10. “If you think something is impossible, you will only make it impossible.”
11. "Those who do not realize that they are walking in darkness will never seek the light."
12. “A fight is not won with a single punch or kick. Either learn to be patient or hire a bodyguard."
13. "Only the self-sufficient stand alone - most people follow the crowd and imitate."
14. “Don't talk negatively about yourself, even jokingly. Your body doesn't know the difference. Words are energy and they do spells, that's why it's called spelling. Change the way you talk about yourself and you can change your life."
15. "Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is a concentrated force."
16. “Take at least one specific step towards your goal every day.”
17. “Defeat is not defeat unless you accept it as a reality in your own mind.”
18. "The doubters said, 'Man can't fly,' the doers said, 'Maybe, but we'll try,' and finally took off in the morning glow, while the unbelievers watched from below."
19. “Don’t let negative thoughts enter your mind because they are weeds that stifle confidence.”
20. “My style? You can call it the art of fighting without a fight."
21. “If you want to learn how to swim, jump into the water. On land, no mood will help you.
22. “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Desire is not enough, we must act.”
23. "The athlete who builds muscle through strength training must be sure that he is simultaneously working adequately on speed and flexibility."
24. “If you always limit your abilities, physical or otherwise, it will spread to the rest of your life.”
25. "The spirit of a man is determined by his dominant thought habits."
26. "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for strength to get through a difficult one."
27. "Concentration is the root of all higher human faculties."
28. “Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be expelled. Pleasure is a flower that fades, memory is a lasting fragrance. Memories last longer than present reality. For many years I remember a tree at the time of flowering, but not its fruits.
29. “Running water never stagnates. So you have to keep flowing."
30. “Choose the positive. You have a choice, you are the master of your attitude, choose positive, constructive.
31. “Wasting time means spending it in a certain way. To waste time is to waste it thoughtlessly or carelessly.”
32. “The difference between an expert and a novice is that an expert takes every opportunity.”
33. "Note that the toughest wood is the easiest to break, while bamboo or willow survives by bending in the wind."
34. "If you don't want to stumble tomorrow, tell the truth today."
35. “Always be yourself, express yourself, believe in yourself, don’t look for a successful person and don’t duplicate it.”
36. “I am not in this world to meet your expectations, and you are not in this world to meet mine.”
37. “Love and respect. Without respect, love cannot last.”
38. "The teacher never gives the truth, he is a guide, a pointer to the truth, which each student must find for himself."
39. “Be self-aware, not a repetitive robot.”
40. “If you spend too much time thinking about something, you will never make it.”
41. “Owning something starts in the mind.”
42. "Real life is life for others."
43. "A hot temper will soon make a fool out of you."
44. “Only use what works and take it from wherever you can find it.”
45. “In order to taste my cup of water, you must first empty your cup.”
46. “Don't be afraid of failure. The crime is not failure, but low aim. In great endeavors, it is glorious even to fail.”
47. “The less confident we are, the less we touch ourselves and the world, the more we want to be in control.”
48. “It doesn’t matter that you were born a legend, but what really matters is the legendary ending. Think about it".
49. “A good fight should be like a little play, but played in earnest.”
50. “Knowledge will give you strength, and character will give you respect.”
51. “To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.”
52. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is unnecessary, add what is specifically yours.”
53. "For it is easy to criticize and break the spirit of others, but it takes a lifetime to know oneself."
54. “Life's battles don't always go to whoever is stronger or faster. But sooner or later, the one who thinks he can wins.
55. "Simplicity is the key to greatness."
56. “Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, there is no frontier."
57. "You can never invite the wind, but you must leave the window open."
62. "Be happy, but never satisfied."
63. “Compliance will conquer everything that surpasses itself; her power is limitless."
64. “Obviously if your punch doesn’t start, his punch will land first and your defense is useless.”
65. "Do not correct the fool, otherwise he will hate you, correct the wise man, and he will appreciate you."
66. "The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and watches."
67. “If you always put limits on everything you do, be it physical or otherwise, it will spread to your work and your life.”
68. “As you think, so you will become.”
69. “I’m happy because I’m growing every day and honestly I don’t know where the limit is.”
70. “Certainly, every day there can be some kind of revelation or new discovery.”
71. “I cherish the memory of past misfortunes. This added to my stamina even more.”
72. “Be like water breaking through cracks. Don't be pushy, but adapt to the object and you'll find a way around it or through it."
73. “We all have time that we can either put to good use or waste, and it's up to us to decide what to do with it. But once it has passed, it disappears forever.”
74. “Life itself is your teacher and you are in a constant state of learning.”
75. “Life is never stagnant. It is a constant movement, a non-rhythmic movement, like we are, because we are constantly changing. Things live by moving, and gain strength as they move.”
76. “The medicine for my suffering was in me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My illness came from within myself, but I did not notice it until this moment.
77. “Silence in silence is not real silence; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm appear.”
78. “There are no restrictions. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, then it kills you. A person must constantly exceed his level.
79. “Don’t stress, just be ready, don’t think but don’t dream either, don’t be set but be flexible.”
80. “It is a great mistake to foresee the outcome of a battle; one should not think about whether it will end in victory or defeat.”
81. “Let nature take its course and your tools will strike at just the right moment.”
82. “In the end, all knowledge simply means self-knowledge.”
83. "Learning never accumulates, it is a movement of knowledge that has neither beginning nor end."
84. “There is no shame in being knocked down by other people. It's important to ask when you're being knocked down: "Why am I being knocked down?" If a person can think like that, then he has hope.”
85. “Relaxation is a physical state, but it is controlled by the mental state. It is acquired by a conscious effort to control both thoughts and actions. It takes perception, practice, and a willingness to accustom the mind to new habits of thought and the body to new habits of action.”
86. “Life is a process, not an end; a means, but not an end; constant movement, not a steady pattern."
87. "Concentration is a form of exclusion, and where there is an exclusion, there is a thinker who excludes."
88. "The enemy of development is this phobia of pain - the unwillingness to suffer even a little."
89. "Masters in all areas of art must first of all be masters in life, for everything is created by the soul."
90. “The best fighter is not a boxer, karateka or judoka. The best fighter is the one who can adapt to any style. He hits too good for a boxer, throws too good for a Karate, and hits too good for a Judo.”
91. “Boasting is a foolish idea of fame.”
92. “A successful warrior is an ordinary person with a laser focus.”
93. “What you usually think has a lot to do with who you end up becoming.”
94. “As the great Sun Tzu said: “When you know yourself and your opponent, you will win every time. When you know yourself but don't know your opponent, you win once and lose once. However, when you don’t know yourself or your opponent, you will be in danger every time.”
95. “The meaning of life is to live it, not to be traded, conceptualized and forced into a system of patterns.”
96. "Long-term stability outweighs short-term intensity."
97. “Martial arts are based on understanding, hard work and a full understanding of skills. Strength training and the application of force are easy, but a complete understanding of all martial arts skills is very difficult to achieve.
98. “The basic quality of life is simply to live.”
99. "To be honest, not to lie to yourself - this, my friend, is very difficult."
100. “Love is like friendship on fire. In the beginning there is a flame, very beautiful, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes like coals, burning deep and unquenchable.”
Top 70 quotes about freedom that make you think
Many people think freedom is primarily the ability to do what you want. And partly, they are right. However, freedom, in a broad sense, does not mean permissiveness. This, if you will, is a responsibility for your actions and thoughts. And the concept of freedom covers much more than walking or driving wherever you please or saying whatever you like.
What is freedom and how to achieve it - the thoughts of bright personalities.
Quotes from famous personalities collected by Bemorepanda show what role freedom plays in our lives and what it means to be free.
Do you wonder what freedom is for you personally?
1. "Life without freedom is like a body without spirit." — Kahlil Gibran.
2. “Better to die fighting for freedom than to be a prisoner for the rest of your life.” - Bob Marley
3. "Being free is not just throwing off your chains, but living in a way that respects and strengthens the freedom of others." — Nelson Mandela.
4. "The only true prison is fear, and the only true freedom is freedom from fear." — Aung San Suu Kyi.
5. "We should be free, not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it." — William Faulkner.
6. “You can find peace. Or you can get freedom. Never count on having both simultaneously.” — Robert A. Heinlein.
7. "Freedom is the oxygen of the soul." — Moshe Dayan.
8. “Wings are freedom only when they are wide open in flight. They are a heavy burden on their backs." — Marina Tsvetaeva.
9. "Freedom is an open window through which the sunlight of the human spirit and dignity pours." — Herbert Hoover.
10. “The most courageous thing to do is to think for yourself. Aloud". - Coco Chanel
11. “Letting go gives us freedom, which is the only condition for happiness. If we still cling to something in our heart—anger, anxiety, or possessions—we cannot be free.” — Think Nat Han.
12. “The only freedom worthy of the name is the pursuit of our good in our way, as long as we do not try to deprive others of their good or hinder their efforts to achieve it.” — John Stuart Mill.
13. “Freedom is contagious. That's why despots are so afraid of it." — Bill Owens.
14. “Human dignity is based on freedom, and freedom is based on human dignity. One presupposes the other." — Rollo May.
15. "Freedom is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear." — George Orwell.
16. "A man who chews on what his daily newspaper or radio gives him is less free in essence than a philosopher in solitary confinement." — Boris Pasternak.
17. "Freedom cannot be given... It can only be taken away." — David Allan Coe.
18. "Freedom is something that dies if it is not used." — Hunter S. Thompson.
19. "The secret of freedom lies in enlightening the people, while the secret of tyranny is keeping them ignorant." — Maximilian Robespierre.
20. “Everything great is simple, and much can be expressed in one word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” - Winston Churchill.
21. "Freedom is controlled over one's own life." — Willie Nelson.
22. “I am not a bird, and no net will catch me: I am a free man with an independent will.” - Charlotte Bronte.
23. "Man is a slave because freedom is difficult, but slavery is easy." — Nikolai Berdyaev.
24. “Freedom (n.): Ask for nothing. Don't expect anything. Don't depend on anything." — Ayn Rand.
25. “No one loses anyone because no one owns anyone. This is the true experience of freedom: to have the most important thing in the world without owning it.” — Paulo Coelho, "Eleven Minutes."
26. "Freedom is the oxygen without which science cannot breathe." — David Sarnoff.
27. “The ability to obey the most humane laws in the world is the highest expression of freedom.” — Vasily Sukhomlinsky.
28. “Is freedom anything other than the right to live the way we want? Nothing more". — Epictetus
29. “Everything that is truly great and inspiring is created by a person who can work in freedom.” - Albert Einstein.
30. "The secret of happiness is in freedom, the secret of freedom is in courage." — Carrie Jones.
31. "I prefer freedom with danger than peace with slavery." — Jean-Jacques Rousseau.
32. “Freedom cannot be given. This must be achieved." — Elbert Hubbard.
33. “No one but ourselves can control us internally. When we know this, we become free." — buddha.
34. "Freedom without independence is like a bank account without a deposit." — Artur Vasiliev.
35. "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege of being free." — Charles Evans Hughes.
36. "To enjoy freedom, we must control ourselves." — Virginia Woolf.
37. “Freedom is fragile and must be protected. To sacrifice her, even as a temporary measure, is to betray her.” — Germaine Greer.
38. “Some tourists think Amsterdam is a city of sin, but it is a city of freedom. And in freedom, most people find sin.” — John Green, "The Fault in Our Stars."
39. "People demand freedom of speech as compensation for the freedom of thought they rarely enjoy." — Soren Kierkegaard.
40. “Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, the fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and disappears. You are free". — Jim Morrison
41. “Freedom is such a thing that you also need to learn. Otherwise, you can die pretty quickly.” — Vladislav Listyev.
42. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so completely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” — Albert Camus.
43. "Just living is not enough... it would help if you had the sun, freedom, and a small flower." — Hans Christian Andersen.
44. "Freedom is nothing but a chance to get better." — said Albert Camus.
45. “Equality and freedom are not luxuries that can be easily given up. Without them, the order cannot last long before it approaches unimaginable depths.” — Alan Moore, "V for Vendetta."
46. "I think of freedom not only as the absence of oppression but also as the presence of justice and joy." — DeRae McKesson.
47. "He who can give up necessary freedom for a little temporary security deserves neither freedom nor security." - Benjamin Franklin.
48. “Do you know what can give a person freedom? Will, own iron will. — Ivan Turgenev
49. “To liberate oneself is one thing, but to claim ownership of this liberated self is quite another.” — Toni Morrison,
50. “Man can be himself only as long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for only when he is alone is he truly free.” — Arthur Schopenhauer.
51. "The first duty of man is to think for himself." — Jose Marty.
52. "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free." — Aristotle.
53. "For the free, all heights are attainable." - Maksim Gorky.
54. “Independence is a heady drink, and if drunk in youth, it can have the same effect on the brain as a young wine. It does not matter that its taste is not always pleasant. It's addictive, and you want more with every drink." — Maya Angelou.
55. “Tame birds sing about freedom. Wild birds are flying." - John Lennon.
56. "I know only one freedom, and that is the freedom of the mind." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
57. “What is the use of a plow, or a sail, or earth, or life, if there is no freedom?” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. "I would like to be remembered as someone who wanted to be free and other people to be free too." — Rosa Parks.
59. “Freedom is not the absence of obligations, but the ability to choose – and make commitments – what is best for me.” — Paulo Coelho, Zaheer.
60. "Freedom is the only characteristic feature of civilization." — Lev Mechnikov.
61. “Most of the modern freedom is based on fear. It's not so much that we're too brave to tolerate the rules; rather, we are too timid to be responsible.” — G. K. Chesterton, What's Wrong with the World.
62. "Freedom is worth nothing unless it includes the freedom to make mistakes." - said Mahatma Gandhi.
63. "He who does not move does not notice his chains." — Rosa Luxembourg.
64. "A friend is someone who gives you complete freedom to be yourself." — said Jim Morrison.
65. "I want the freedom to express my personality fully." - said Mahatma Gandhi.
66. “He alone can be free who, to fulfill his will, does not need to put strangers to his hands.” — Nikolai Karamzin.
67. “There is fear or faith. If you live in fear, you are always looking for security. If you live by faith, you are always looking for freedom." — William Hurt.
68. "The pillars of truth and freedom are the pillars of society." — Henrik Ibsen.
69. “The most important kind of freedom is to be who you are. You trade your reality for a role. You trade your feeling for action. You give up your ability to feel and put on a mask instead. There can be no large-scale revolution until there is a personal revolution on an individual level. It has to happen inside first." — said Jim Morrison.
70. “I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too unpleasant, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone bear the moral responsibility for everything I do.” — Robert A. Heinlein.
Every Football Game.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
The strength of a person's spirit and the will to win is based on courage - a trait that the most worthy have. This quality has always been necessary for people to win battles; it is essential for everyday life. And in our difficult times, we need courage more than ever.
Sayings and aphorisms on the theme of courage
Suppose your reserve of courage is a little depleted. In that case, it must be replenished immediately with the help of quotes and aphorisms of the great minds of humanity - writers, politicians, spiritual leaders, and educators. Read the selection of Bemorepanda and gain courage and perseverance!
1. "Without courage, there can be no truth, and without truth, there can be no other virtue." — Sir Walter Scott
2. “The madness of the brave is the wisdom of life!” - Maksim Gorky
3. “He who loses wealth loses a lot; he who loses a friend loses more; but he who loses courage loses everything.” - Miguel de Cervantes
4. "Courage does not lie in blindly not noticing danger, but in seeing and overcoming it." — Jean-Paul
5. “Courage is an excellent property of the soul; the people marked by him should be proud of themselves. – N. M. Karamzin
6. “All the brave love; for only those who have affections to fight for are brave.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
7. "In life, it takes great courage to be human and maintain your dignity." – V. A. Zubkov
8. "Fortitude is the protection and support of other virtues." — John Locke
9. "Courage is cultivated day by day in stubborn resistance to difficulties." – N. A. Ostrovsky
10. "True courage is taciturn: it costs him so little to show himself that he considers heroism itself to be a duty, not a feat." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
11. “Conscience is the root of all true courage; if a man is brave, let him obey his conscience.” - James Freeman Clark 12. "Courage derives its gain from the cowardice of others." - Ya. B. Knyazhnin
13. "The best hearts are always the bravest." — Lawrence Stern
14. "Three main virtues of the leader: courage, mind, health of body and soul." – A. V. Suvorov
15. "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear." - Mark Twain
16. "The difference between the brave and the coward is that the former, aware of the danger, do not feel fear, and the second feels fear, not conscious of the danger." – V. O. Klyuchevsky
17. "A man who has never been in danger cannot be held accountable for his courage." — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
18. "Courage usually goes along with gentleness of character, and a courageous person is more than others capable of generosity." – N. V. Shelgunov
19. “Life is a struggle, and to win a worthy victory in it, a person needs everyday courage.” – V. A. Zubkov
20. "Courage without discipline is closer to brutality than to masculinity." — Sir P. Sidney
21. “Not the one who climbs into danger without feeling fear is courageous, but the one who can suppress the strongest fear and think about danger without submitting to fear.” – K. D. Ushinsky
22. “Physical courage, which despises all danger, will make a man brave in one respect; moral courage, scorning all opinion, will make a man brave in another. The first, it would seem, is the most necessary for the camp; the second for advice, but both are necessary to become a great man. – Charles Caleb Colton
23. "Courage to defend the fatherland is a virtue, but courage in a robber is villainy." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
24. “There is a big difference between true courage and simple contempt for life.” - Cato, the Elder
25. “More than once, our great empire approached the brink of destruction, but it was not the wealth that did not exist, not the weapons with which we always limped, but the iron courage of her sons, who spared neither strength nor life, that saved her, if only Russia lived.” – M. O. Menshikov
26. “Courage is doing what you fear. You can't have courage if you're not scared." — Eddie Rickenbacker
27. "Wisdom is the courage of the spirit." – A. V. Lavrukhin
28. “To see what is right and not do it is a lack of courage.” – Confucius
29. "Neither an officer's uniform will make you brave, nor a priestly cassock - merciful, nor a judge's toga - just, nor a ministerial chair - strong if your soul does not abound with either courage, or compassion, or righteousness, or strength." - Nikolay Serbian
30. "No one can be brave if he considers pain the greatest evil of life." – Cicero
31. “Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! And do not despair of falling! Have patience and courage - restore strength, heal wounds, and know that fate will give you a chance! – Oleg Roy
32. "A real knight is more full of courage in the thick of battle than at the beginning of danger." — Sir P. Sidney
33. "To admit one's mistakes is the highest courage." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
34. "A huge amount of talent is lost in this world due to lack of courage." — Sydney Smith
35. "War is an area of danger; courage is the most important quality of war." – Carl Philipp Gottlieb von Clausewitz
36. "Courage must be guided by skill, and skill should be armed with courage." — Sir P. Sidney
37. “Qualities such as courage, truthfulness, and justice are acquired through development. Therefore, morality is an undoubted product of culture. – G. I. Chelpanov
38. “Courage based on the hope of reward, the fear of punishment, the experience of success, rage or ignorance of danger, is just ordinary courage, and it does not deserve this name. True courage presupposes a just end; measures the dangers and meets the result with calmness and unwavering determination.” — Francois de la Noue
39. "There are two main manifestations in courage: contempt for pain and contempt for death." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
40. “Courage is when a person does not let the fear of death rule his life.” – S. S. Govorukhin
41. “Courage is not a virtue or value among other personal values such as love or loyalty. It is the foundation that underlies all other virtues and personal values and makes them a reality. Without courage, our love turns pale and turns into a simple addiction. Without courage, our loyalty becomes conformity.” — Rollo May
42. “Courage makes a man greater than himself; for then he is himself plus his prowess.” — William R. Alger
43. "True courage consists in loving life, knowing the whole truth about it." – S. D. Dovlatov
44. "Courage is a lamp of adversity." — Luc de Clapier
45. "The discovery of the courage to rise above the vanity and dependence on suffering brings true satisfaction and freedom to the soul." – R. V. Share
46. “Remember now, when you meet your antagonist, do everything in a gentle, pleasant manner. May your courage be as sharp, but at the same time as polished as your sword.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
47. "God holds fast to the strong." — Giuseppe Mazzini
48. “Fearlessness is indispensable for the development of other noble qualities. Is it possible without the courage to seek the truth or carefully keep love? - Mahatma Gandhi
49. "In war, courage wins, not good weapons." - Miguel de Cervantes
50. "Dare to glorify the motherland with courage!" – M. V. Lomonosov
51. “He has not learned the lesson of life who does not overcome fear every day.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “A person is loved mainly for two virtues: firstly, courage, secondly, fidelity.” - Gaius Lucilius
53. "There are three things that need to be affirmed in boys and young men - the duty of a man, the responsibility of a man, the dignity of a man." – V. A. Sukhomlinsky
54. "Courage does not consist in taking risks without fear, but in being resolutely disposed to a just cause." – Plutarch
55. “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
December 25 is just around the corner, which means your holiday festivities are likely to escalate. From buying the perfect gift for everyone on your list to making Christmas party plans, the spirit of the season is in full swing. For an extra dose of fun this article will help you spread some good ideas or messages on Christmas eve.
Whether you print these sayings to hang in your home or office, or write a quote on your holiday cards, this large list of the top 100 Merry Christmas quotes is sure to get you into the holiday mood.
1. Joy to the world, the Lord has come, let the earth receive its King. - Joy to the world
2. Walk in a winter wonderland. - Winter's Tale
3. Peace on earth will come when we live every day as Christmas. - Helen Steiner Rice
4. How you spend Christmas is more important than how much. - Henry David Thoreau
5. The finest and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. You need to feel them with your heart. - Helen Keller
6. Christmas will always be as long as we stand heart to heart and hold hands. -
7. Your children need your presence more than your gifts. - Jesse Jackson
8. “One is never enough. socks - said Dumbledore. “Another Christmas came and went and I didn't have a single pair. People will insist on giving me books. ”- J.K. Rowling
9. So this Christmas ... What have you done? - John Lennon
10. Christmas is not a season. This is a feeling. - Edna Ferber
11. Joy together is a double joy. - John Roy
12. Christmas works like glue. It keeps us all together. - Rosie Thomas
13. I dream of a white Christmas like the ones I knew before. - Irving Berlin
14. Love the giver more than the gift. - Brigham Young
15. Remembrance, like a candle, burns brightest at Christmas. - Charles Dickens
16. Christmas does something else for someone else. - Charles M. Schultz
17. Christmas is the time to kindle the fire of hospitality. - Washington Irving
18. I like to compare the holiday season with the way a child listens to a favorite fairy tale. The pleasure manifests itself in the familiar manner of the beginning of the story, in anticipation of familiar turns, in familiar moments of anticipation, in a familiar climax and ending. - Fred Rogers
19. It was the night before Christmas when no creature moved around the house, not even a mouse. - Clement Clarke Moore
20. When we think back to the past Christmas, we usually find that the simplest things — not the great events — exude the greatest radiance. happiness . - Bob Hope
21. What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. - Agnes M. Pahro
22. Throughout the year we get better because we become children in spirit again at Christmas. - Laura Ingalls Wilder
23. Thank God for His unspeakable Gift. - 2 Corinthians 9:15
24. Don't we forget the true meaning of Christmas? You know the birth of Santa. - Bart Simpson
25. Every time the bell rings, the Angel gets his wings. - It's a wonderful life
26. At Christmas, all roads lead home. - Marjorie Holmes
27. Christmas cannot be bought in the store. Maybe Christmas means a little more. - Dr. Seuss
28. May your heart be warm, your holidays splendid, and your heart tenderly held in the hand of the good Lord. - Unknown
29. Christmas for me is as many happy people as possible. - Tupac Shakur
30. May your days be cheerful and bright. -White Christmas
31. Christmas and the holidays are a time for gifts. This is the time when people are kinder and more open. - Gisele Bundchen
32. We are counting down the days, just to experience it almost the same way we always do. It's so comfortable, familiar and nostalgic that we honestly have no desire to improve it. - Joanna Gaines
33. My brother, little sister and I decorate the tree together, and every year we quarrel over who to hang our handmade children's decorations. - Carly Rae Jepsen
34. In the very first snow . After all, when the first snow is also Christmas snow, well, something wonderful will happen. -Snowman Frosty
35. Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and now, everything is softer and more beautiful. - Norman Vincent Peel
36. Even as an adult, I still find it difficult to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. - Carrie Lateth
37. Don't be confused with tinsel. - Unknown
38. As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas should be, Christmas is. - Eric Sevareid
39. I heard the bells on Christmas Day.
Their old familiar hymns are playing,
And wild and sweet
Words are repeated
Peace on earth, good to people! - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
40. God never gives anyone a gift that they cannot receive. If He gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we are all able to understand and accept it. - Pope Francis
41. It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving. - Mother Teresa
42. City sidewalks.
Dressed in a festive style
in the air
There is a feeling
Christmas... - Silver Bells
43. Never be too old to look up in the sky on Christmas Eve. - Unknown
44. Seeing is believing, but sometimes the most real thing in the world is that we cannot see. -Polar Express
45. Oh, the weather outside is awful,
But the fire is so delicious,
And since we have nowhere to go,
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. -'Let It Snow
46. It was the night before Christmas when not a single creature moved around the house, not even a mouse. - Clement Clarke Moore
47. Let's keep Christmas great without thinking about greed. - Ann Garnett Schultz
48. This is the most wonderful time of the year! - Edward Paula and George Wyle
49. Christmas is not just a day, it is a mood. -Miracle on 34th Street
50. Christmas is a time not only for joy, but also for reflection. - Winston Churchill
51. Christmas is like candy; it slowly melts in your mouth, sweetening all your taste buds, making you wish it to last forever. - Richel E. Goodrich
52. Christmas is forever, not just one day. Because to love, to share, to give cannot be postponed. - Norman Wesley Brooks
53. The world is tired over the years, but at Christmas it's young. - Phillips Brooks
54. Christmas is a piece of home that a person carries in his heart. - Freya Stark
55. He who does not have Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. - Roy L. Smith
56. One of the greatest riots in the world is the living room mess at Christmas. - Andy Rooney
57. There should be at least one day of the year to remind us that we are here for something else besides ourselves. - Eric Sevareid
58. The joy of brightening up other lives becomes for us the magic of the holidays. Jones
59. Christmas, my child, is love in action. Every time we love, every time we give, it's Christmas. - Dale Evans Rogers
60. Blessed is the time that involves the whole world in a conspiracy of love. - Hamilton Wright Maby
61. Christmas is a day of meaning and tradition, a special day spent in a warm circle of family and friends. - Margaret Thatcher
62. Christmas in the heart lifts Christmas into the air. - W. T. Ellis
63. Play and have fun at Christmas, because Christmas only comes once a year. - Thomas Tusser
64. Every gift that is given, even if it is small, is really great if it is given with love. - Pindar
65. Christmas is a holiday together. Winnie the Pooh
66. It occurred to him that the way you spent Christmas was a message to the world about where you were. life . - Nick Hornby
67. Christmas is a children's party, and the holidays are a time for young people to dance. - Booth Tarkington
68. Who Keeps Christ? birthday ! How few are His commandments! - Benjamin Franklin
69. Want to meet Christ at Christmas? Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, forgive the guilty, greet the unwanted, care for the sick, love your enemies, and treat others as you would. - Steve Maraboli
70. If you want to experience the true meaning of Christmas, give something to someone who has nothing to offer in return. - Tony Sorenson
71. The reality of loving God is to love him like a superhero who saved you from all sorts of things, not Santa Claus who just gave you something. - Criss Jami
72. The smells of Christmas are the smells of childhood. - Richard Paul Evans
73. The best way to cheer you up is to sing out loud so everyone can hear. -Elf
74. Christmas was definitely the best thing in the world, even better than pizza. But instead of all her favorite fillings, Amitola was surrounded by all her beloved people. - Aishabella Sheikh
75. And when we give each other gifts for Christmas In His name, let us remember that He gave us the sun, moon and stars, and the earth with its forests, mountains and oceans - and everything that lives and moves on them. - Sigrid Undset
76. The rooms were very quiet, while the pages turned gently and the winter sun penetrated inside, touching bright heads and serious faces with Christmas greetings. –Louisa May Alcott
77. If I were a philosopher, I would write a philosophy of toys, showing that nothing else in life needs to be taken seriously, and that Christmas with children is one of the few times when men become fully alive. –Robert Lind
78 .. Christmas Eve will find me where the love light shines. I'll be home for Christmas, at least in my sleep. - I'll be home for Christmas
79. I dream of a white Christmas, just like the ones I knew before. Where the treetops sparkle and children listen, hear bells in the snow.
- White Christmas
80. Merry Christmas. Let your heart be light. From now on, your problems will be out of sight. - Merry Christmas
81. He sees you when you sleep, he knows when you are awake. He knows when you've been good or bad, so be good, for heaven's sake! - Santa Claus comes to town
82. Offers of Christmas gifts:
Forgive your enemy.
The enemy is tolerance.
To a friend, to your heart.
To the customer, service.
All - charity.
A good example for every child.
Yourself, respect. - Oren Arnold
83. Perhaps the best decoration for Christmas is smiles. - Unknown
84. I dream of a white Christmas. But if the white runs out, I'll drink the red. - Unknown
85. Christmas is truly Christmas when we celebrate it with the light of love for those who need it most. - Ruth Carter Stapleton
86. Christmas is not only a time of fun and excitement. Moreover, this is the time to reflect on the eternal. The Christmas spirit is a spirit of giving and forgiveness. - JK Penny
87. Bless us, Lord, this Christmas is peace of mind; Teach us to be patient and always be kind. - Helen Steiner Rice
89. Christmas is a day of joy and mercy. May God make you very rich in both. - Phillips Brooks
90. Baby, it's cold outside. - Dean Martin
91. I believe ... I believe ... It's stupid, but I believe. -Miracle on 34th Street
92. It's fun time! - Decorate Rooms
93. A clear conscience is a constant Christmas. - Benjamin Franklin
94. The gifts of time and love are undoubtedly the main ingredients for a truly Merry Christmas. - Peg Bracken
95. A Christmas miracle is when your family doesn't have a fight all day. - Melanie White
96. Christmas magic is silent. You don't hear it - you feel it. You know that. You believe it. - Kevin Alan Milne
97. Peace be your present for Christmas and your blessing for the whole year! - Unknown
98. Christmas is a tonic for our soul. This encourages us to think about others and not about ourselves. He directs our thoughts to bestowal. - B.S. Forbes
99. You know you're getting old when Santa starts looking younger. - Robert Paul
100. Let's light it up. - Unknown