New Year superstitions: Best 20 wishes to Bring You Good Luck in 2022
New Year's superstitions are respected by many people, who believe that in this way they will do well in the New Year. Superstitions and end-of-year habits include dancing outdoors for health and luck and filling wallets with money for a prosperous year.
True or not, how many of us pass by a superstition indifferently? Whether we know about it from childhood or from the popular tradition, or we hear about a new one, we are still with increased attention and wide-eyed, interested in taking at least a little into account of it.
People all over the world strongly believe in some superstitions related to leaving one year and entering the new year. The basic idea that guides us all on New Year's Eve and on the first day of the new year is that just as the events of that night between the years and the next day happen, so it will go for you in the new year.
Studies show that many people do various things, some of which are more bizarre, to make sure that they have invited luck into their lives and that they have banished bad luck and the problems of the past year.
For example there is a superstition that the New Year must catch you with new clothes so that in the next 365 days you will receive as many gifts as possible. Red is the color of joy and love, so the custom is that if you dress in red for the New Year you will have a lucky and loving new year.
Below are the most famous international superstitions that you can take into account for New Year's Eve and the first day of the new year. Or not! You choose, we just present them to you.
Next let’s see together with Bemorepanda what superstitions exist on New Year night.
New Year's superstitions 2022
On the night between the years and on January 1, don’t cry. Tradition says that those who cry on the first day of the year will have a year of sad events.
2.No bad words
Whoever is polite and mannered with the New Year will always be like that, so it is said that on New Year's Eve both contradictory discussions and licentious or brutal language, as well as stories about ghosts or the dead, should be avoided. Apart from the fact that they are not pleasant at all, they also attract bad luck.
3.Born on January 1st
Children born on January 1 are said to be lucky for life.
4.Do not borrow money
In several countries, people do not borrow money, jewelry or other valuables on the first day of the year and do not pay debts or taxes, do not carry garbage and do not offer gifts, all of which are signs of poverty in the year which is just beginning. Some go even further with superstition, and if they have to get something out of the house, they call someone else for it.
5.Keep your doors open
Americans are accustomed to leaving all the doors and windows open at the turn of the year so that the old year can leave immediately and make way for the new one. At midnight the doors must be opened for the old year to come out and give way to the new one which brings health, happiness and good luck. Another New Year's tradition says that it is good to leave a lamp or a candle lit on New Year's Eve to enjoy a bright and fulfilling new year.
6.Full glasses and plates
It is also said that for a prosperous year it is good to have glasses and plates full on the table at midnight, and for each member of the family to have money in the pocket. Empty glasses, plates and pockets are the signs of a poor year, superstitious people believe.
7.Working on 1st January
Although few agree with the idea, it is said that those who work on the first day of the year are more likely to advance in their careers in the next period. But, paradoxically, starting a large-scale project on that day is pure bad luck.
8.Pay all your debts
If you don't want to be in debt all year, try to pay off your debts by midnight.
In the southern United States, it is believed that a sign of good luck for the whole year is if you eat black beans on the first day of January. It is also said that the one who cooks beans will be twice as lucky.
10.Kissing is mandatory
Under mistletoe or not, kissing is mandatory on New Year's Eve, if you want to have affection in the coming year. Otherwise, you will have a year with little sentimental satisfaction. The midnight kiss marks not only the feelings that bind us to those people, but also how our relationships with the people in question will evolve during the year that is just beginning. In other words, it is desirable that at the turn of the year, the loved one be by your side.
Dancing at midnight outdoors, especially around a tree, brings health and the fulfillment of all desires.
12.Never sweep on New Year’s Eve
A householder should never sweep on New Year's Eve, because it drives away prosperity.
Also in the evening of December 31, do not wash clothes and do not cut with scissors so as not to destroy luck. Tradition also says that you do not have to throw anything out of the house on the first day of the new year because you are throwing your luck.
13.Wear something red
As the years go by, the elders say, it is good for everyone to wear a new coat and something red or some other cheerful color that attracts positive energies.
14.Let in the right persons
It is said that the first person to enter your house after midnight will influence what happens in the new year. For a woman, it would be ideal for a tall, brunette man to enter (blondes and redheads are said to be unlucky, and women too), and if this guest brings a twig of mistletoe, bread and salt, they are all the chances of the new year being the best of your life so far.
15.Make a wish
On the night between the years it is good to make a wish because it has all the chances to be fulfilled.
As the fish swims through the water, you will swim through all the troubles of the next year, without affecting you. But beware, superstitious people say that it must be the first food you eat in the new year!
17.Eat goose meat
This way you will float over problems and you will advance towards your goal, as the "winged fat" does on the shine of the water! Some even say that it is good to avoid chicken meat, because this bird squeaks and so luck spreads
18.Stay with your loved ones
It's important not to be alone, but if you can't do otherwise, call your loved ones at midnight. You will be close to those you met at midnight all year, you will talk all year with the one you talked to in the first moments of the year!
It is good for girls who want to get married in the New Year to see a man at the bedroom window at the turn of the year.
The night when the years change foretells the future. If you are happy, you will be like this all year long! In the same way, sadness or quarrel will be perpetuated: you do not want such a thing. It's not good to be quiet around you either: on this wonderful night even the non-speakers start talking, and the one who hears them talking is said to die. So don't avoid fireworks, firecrackers, the sound of clashing glasses and fun!
For centuries, mankind has created a history that has been passed down from generation to generation. The myths or the reality about the leap years that have survived so far make everyone think about this inexplicable fact.
What is a leap year?
The term "jump" in Latin has a numerical meaning - 2/6. It is scientifically the fourth year above the standard number of days (366).
The historical period of a leap year
During the reign of Y. Caesar, there was an additional day repeated in the Roman calendar, with a number (February 24).
The Romans counted the days, the years, according to the Julian calendar.
In the Julian calendar, every fourth year was considered a leap year, and the last two days of February were below the same number.
After the death of the Roman ruler, the priests deliberately began to appoint the third year - a leap year. There was a change in the annual time and people, for this reason, lived up to twelve leap years.
Due to the decree of the new emperor of Rome - Augustus Octavian, everything fell into place. It took sixteen years to get the "jump time" right.
Sixteen centuries later, the Orthodox Church introduced new changes to the calendar.
The head of the Catholic Church, Pope Gregory XIII, proposed to calculate the calendar according to the new rules. He proposed introducing an additional day in February with a different date (February 29). At the general assembly, before the coming Easter, the idea of the head of the Catholic Church was successfully accepted. The Roman calendar had a new chronology. In honor of the leader of the Catholic Church, she began to be called a "Gregorian."
The modern concept of a leap year
It is known that a year consists of 365 days. The next fourth year is considered a leap year. It's a longer day.
In a leap year, February is not twenty-eight days, but twenty-nine, but this phenomenon happens every four years.
Assumptions and superstitions for the leap year
Our Slavic ancestors believed that the leap year was a mystical, superstitious year. Probably the reason lies in the distant history of Saint Kasyan.
Saint Kasian served in the Galilean monastery and was its founder. He became famous for his writing career after writing twenty-four essays on "Interview," based on a moral, Christian attitude toward the faith.
The main flaw in Saint Kasyan's life was that his date of birth fell on the last day of February and even at the end of the year.
According to the Slavic faith, the last day of the year was considered the end of a severe winter. For this reason, the holy monk gained a bad reputation.
The superstitious Slavs considered the last day of a leap year to be the most difficult. They believed in evil spirits. Hence the fear of people before a leap year.
The signs of a leap year have been associated with Saint Kasyan:
- If Kasyan approached people, the disease would attack them.
- Kasyan was next to the animals - their deaths were inevitable.
- Where Kasyan's gaze falls, there will be trouble and devastation.
- The unsuccessful year is approaching Kasyanov - unsuccessful.
According to legend, in a leap year, there are many things you should not do, for example:
- Play weddings
- Plan a pregnancy, have children
- Create new projects
- Go into the woods for mushrooms
- Divorce file
- Borrow money
- Plant new seeds
- Make interior renovations
- Buying real estate
The approach of a leap year in modern society is controversial. One part of society believes in its negative actions, the other does not.
Negative side of a leap year:
- Natural disasters
- Military conflicts
- Frequent accident
The positive side of a leap year
People born in a leap year are creative and talented people. Endowed with a brilliant charisma, strong character, love of life (Julius Caesar, Leonardo da Vinci, Elizabeth Taylor, Paul Gauguin).
Today, a leap year is perceived as a year of disasters, wars, catastrophes. After all, the worst events took place during this period.
People are prone to believe something and most often evil. A leap year is perceived as a time of loss, disappointment, sadness. Is that right? Just ask yourself.
Leap year: where did the extra day come from?
Do you think that the Earth will make a complete revolution in exactly 365 days? No, it's not like that - the Earth makes a complete circle around the Sun a little longer, that is, 365 days and 6 hours.
In other words, an extra quarter is added each year. For 4 years, such quarters come out 24 hours. So, it turned out that a year that is a multiple of 4 (2008, 2012, 2016, the calendar of leap years is based on this principle) is different from the rest.
The leap year is intended to eliminate this surplus and to bring the balance into chronology. If it weren't for the leap year, then in a few centuries the new year would have been postponed to the beginning of March, and that's pretty serious!
Differences from leap year
The differences between a leap year and other years, from a material point of view, are limited only by the number of days. In addition, people need to work harder for a day. Sometimes, however, it turns out and rests once again, but this happens quite rarely.
Astrologically, there are a lot of problems around the Earth around the Sun in a leap year:
- everyday problems;
- man-made disasters;
- natural cataclysms;
- relatively high mortality.
However, one can argue with the latter - there are no comments from ritual service workers about the increase in mortality. Only a few older people die.
Year leap: Greetings from Antiquity
For the first time, the ancient Romans were concerned about the inconsistency of the calendar with the actual course of time. In this country, it was forbidden to transfer significant data in another season. People were guided by the movement of the Sun in the sky.
Gaius Julius Caesar solved the problem quickly and radically - from the time of his reign, people began to live according to the Julian calendar, which just added a day in February every 4 years. They gradually started moving to the new calendar, not everyone accepted it, but time took its toll.
Over time, the pagan calendar migrated to Christian culture. But in some regions this year he is associated with Kasyan Visokos, one of the saints, the patron saint of monasticism.
He is believed to have been drinking without restraint for three years, and at the age of four he gets angry and takes revenge in public for the fact that his birthday is celebrated only once every 4 years.
However, there is a discrepancy here - a Christian saint, by definition, cannot be a drunk, plus there is no record in the church that Visokos would like.
Signs and beliefs associated with a leap year
Now the leap year is relatively simple, and earlier some people were afraid to leave home on February 29 in a leap year. For example, there was a sign that if you get a good frost on that day, and the frosts can be severe at the end of February, then a person will certainly catch a cold and die.
The same goes for animals. Popular belief says that any mistake in caring for pets on this day can cost animals their lives. For example, malnutrition or overeating.
Starting a new business in a leap year, according to popular belief, cannot be very successful.
Surely everything will be ruined: even if a man builds a house, he even opens a business. In addition, all major cases should be postponed until at least February 29 - this time is considered the most unfortunate since the beginning of the year.
To calm Visokos a little, you need to do the following:
- under the bells, throw a glass of vodka from the window (another alcohol is suitable, but it must be strong);
- drink without glasses that shake when it is exactly midnight;
- If you still have glasses, then you should put the glasses on the table before taking a sip.
According to popular belief, Visokos' anger will diminish slightly before the completion of the next journey around the Sun.
Another interesting sign is associated with the collection of gifts from nature. Picking mushrooms and berries is usually difficult on February 29, but things found on the street, such as money, can cause problems if they enter the house.
And if the dog barks at the same time (a dog day on February 29 itself is a bad sign), then trouble is guaranteed. You have to ignore it while saying, "Hold me out."
Prohibitions of the leap year
Because this year is so unlucky, people have come with a lot of bans, noticing that you can remove the troubles from home. By the way, nature "participates" in these prohibitions as well.
For example, according to ancient memories, in leap years, usually a poor apple crop.
So what not to do in a leap year:
- You can't sing carols for baptism. This ritual in itself is relatively associated with evil spirits and once every four years it is especially "attentive" to humans. You better not litter. So, no matter how many sweets people offer, it is better to avoid carols.
- It is not recommended to sell homemade products. It is believed that happiness and wealth leave home with them.
- You can't show the first erupted tooth to a baby to anyone, except maybe your closest relatives. If the ban is violated, the child will have crooked teeth.
- You can't start a big business, including getting married. Everything will break down, as I mentioned above.
- You can't buy "coffin stuff". It sounds weird, but for some people in their old age it is the norm to buy things for their own funeral. Doing so in a leap year will hasten death.
- Women are strictly forbidden to dye their hair. This can lead to the lady becoming bald.
- It is forbidden to change jobs or places of residence. In a new place, a person will simply not take root, you will have to start from scratch (this point is sometimes impractical because there are different circumstances in life).
- Having children joins this forbidden group, but not everyone takes this restriction seriously.
Everything may sound archaic, but the fact remains - people often complain to astrologers and psychics about the misfortunes that began even after violating such prohibitions.
Conclusion - until the Earth makes a complete revolution around the Sun in a leap year, some activities should be abandoned.
The reason for the bad reputation of a leap year
We must recognize that if we did not have leap years, there would be a regular change of seasons. Therefore, they help to synchronize the Gregorian and astrological calendars and do not allow the seasons to change in other months.
But why a leap year is considered bad, you have to figure it out. In Slavic culture, there has long been a negative attitude towards such years. An additional day in February was considered the cause of disasters and landslides.
Perhaps the reason for such antipathy was that this time, on February 29, according to Slavic beliefs, Kashchey-Chernobog was subdued, commanding dark forces, sowing evil, death, disease, and madness.
Old Russians often associated a day of jumping with Cassian, who was born on February 29th. Based on the legends, where he was assigned the role of guardian of the gates of Hell, the traitorous cherub, the adoptive one of the demons, etc., one can understand why this character was very feared and strongly cursed. The Russians were convinced that Cassian had a negative impact throughout the year. There was a pestilence of cattle and poultry, crops were destroyed in the fields, and famine began.
On February 29, people once again tried not to go out into the yard, to keep cattle and birds closed.
It is difficult to answer unequivocally why a leap year is considered bad. Some scientists claim that natural and man-made disasters are becoming more common during this period. Many personalities are also in a hurry to cancel their individual problems for more than a year.
The following tragic events are historical facts:
- the collapse of the Byzantine Empire and the city of Constantinople falls in the leap year 1204;
- the bloody Spanish Inquisition began in 1232;
- the plague of the inhabitants of medieval Europe from the plague, in which 1/3 of the population died in 1400;
- the terrible events of the Night of St. Bartholomew in 1572;
- the terrible tsunami in Japan in 1896 and the earthquake in China in 1556;
- In 1908, everyone became aware of the fall of the Tunguska meteorite, etc.
List of leap years in the 21st century
To plan important events in your life, such as marriage, birth, change of profession, place of residence, etc., information about leap years in this century will be helpful.
Leap years, list of the twentieth century: 1904, 1908, 1912, 1916, 1920, 1924, 1928, 1932, 1936, 1940, 1944, 1948, 1952, 1956, 1960, 1964, 1968, 1972, 1976, 1980, 1984, 1988 , 1992, 1996.
Leap years in our century: 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2020, 2024, 2028, 2032, 2036, 2040, 2044, 2048, 2052, 2056, 2060, 2064, 2068, 2072, 2076, 2080, 2084, 2088, 2092, 2096, 2100.
A positive attitude and self-confidence form a strong basis for important achievements in a person's life, and small superstitions should not become an obstacle to achieving goals.
Is it the leap year or 2022? 2022 will be an ordinary year. From year to year, the approach of the new year arouses enthusiasm among superstitious people.
Interest is based on the popular signs and superstitions associated with the addition to the additional February 29th. One day, February 29, is added to the calendar every four years.
If you believe in your own strengths you will be able to do whatever you want in any year! We at Bemorepanda advise you not to be guided by superstitions!
New Year's Superstitions 2021. What is good and what you should not do on New Year's Eve - 60 superstitions
Even if you are not a superstitious person at all and do not believe in any mysticism, teach: New Year's signs and superstitions come true, because on this festive night real miracles can happen! Therefore, it is imperative to pay attention to the small clues that the Higher Forces send at this magical time. Better to play it safe than to disentangle the results of your disdain for popular beliefs and prejudices all year later!
Our ancestors believed unconditionally that New Year's signs tell the truth, and they certainly understood magic better than modern people. True, sometimes, in order to avoid troubles in the coming year, one must not only know at least the basic signs and superstitions, but also be able to correctly interpret them. But it really depends a lot on your imagination! Here are a few New Year's signs talking about what needs to be done before the New Year and what to look for on a festive night. And to believe in them or not is a purely personal matter. Bemorepanda collected all them for You.
How to celebrate the end of 2020?
• From December 29 to December 31, it is necessary to generously mark the farewell to the old year. they prepared for the farewell in the same way as for the new year: the table was plentiful. Then the whole next year will be in abundance.
• Before the New Year, you should ask for forgiveness from everyone who offended in the past year inadvertently.
• You should not pay debts in the New Year. Before the new year, you have to pay off all debts by December 31, and on January 1, do not pay them back, otherwise you will pay off the whole year.
• By the New Year, you should clean up the house, disassemble all the rubble, corners, rub glass and mirrors to sparkle. Throw out all broken, chipped or cracked dishes from the house. Get rid of items reminiscent of the troubles of the past year.
Preparation for the New Year
• On the night of December 31, you may have a dream that characterizes the entire next year.
• Before the New Year, you must not quarrel, otherwise there will be no home welfare for a whole year.
• New Year is a family holiday, so do not forget to invite your parents or visit them yourself, and you can invite guests to your place the next day.
• In the old days, on New Year's, it was customary to tie ropes around the legs of the table, at which the whole family gathered. It was believed that this would help keep the whole family in full force for the next year - no one would leave home, would not break the family grief and sadness.
• For the New Year, you need to put on a new dress, then there will be many new things throughout the year.
• To celebrate the New Year, wear new and best outfits and jewelry - to live richly. Throw old clothes and shoes over the threshold - so that troubles remain in the past.
• On the New Year's festive table and in the decoration of the house there should be fruits, rice, wheat, nuts - what symbolizes prosperity.
• The New Year's table should be rich for abundance and prosperity all year round.
• On New Year's Eve in the villages they put out the fire in the huts, and at sunrise they light it up again so as not to offend the brownie. An offended spirit can hide a wallet or other necessary thing. They arrange a noisy and plentiful feast so that the year is cheerful and well-fed. (according to M. Forgotten)
• In the New Year, you must have your own amulet and talisman, which will bring good luck and protect you and your family.
• If you like gambling, refrain from it on New Year's Eve, do not tempt fate.
• Whoever has an empty pocket in the New Year will spend the whole year in need.
The New Year's Eve
• At New Year's midnight, when the clock strikes 12 times, everyone makes the most cherished wishes, which must necessarily come true in the coming year.
• Before 12 at night, women need to put on capes or scarves over their shoulders, and after the twelfth blow, quickly remove them. All illnesses and bad events will remain in the past year.
• When the chimes strike for the first time, hold a penny in your left palm and guess so that in the new year you will have money. Throw a coin into a glass of champagne and drink it. Then make a hole in the coin and wear it on the chain like a key chain.
• While the chimes are ringing, quickly write your wish on a piece of napkin, light it and throw it into a glass of champagne, drink it until the last sip until 12 o'clock. Your wish will definitely come true.
• A minute before the chimes, you need to take a tangerine (orange), peel it and put it under the tree. If you have time, then the year will be very happy.
• For wealth, you need to sprinkle all those present with plenty of grain on the New Year, or at least cook porridge and serve it to the table, which is especially welcomed by the year of the Rooster.
• The more people you congratulate, the more luck awaits you in the coming year.
Give everyone gifts, treat them, wish a happy New Year!
• All favorable and unfavorable New Year's meetings acquire double importance in comparison with everyday meetings, but among the meetings only one stands out - an afternoon meeting outside the home: if you meet a man, you will be healthy all year, and if a woman, you will be ill.
• If someone sneezes on New Year's, he will be happy all year. How many times you sneeze, so many girls will love you.
• What happened on the New Year will be in variations repeated with a person throughout the year.
• Any New Year's excess or lack, peace or quarrel, etc. indicate what a person will have for the whole year - with what the New Year found a person, so he will remain until the end, therefore, they do not lend anything in the New Year.
• You can not lend to strangers for the New Year any of the objects, one way or another associated with fire: in the old days - the fire itself from the oven, and now - matches or lighters.
• If you are spending New Year's Eve outside the city or if you have a fireplace in your house, make sure that the fire does not go out in the stove or fireplace throughout the whole New Year's Eve. That is why in Europe it is considered a good omen to bring a piece of coal into the house on New Year's and throw it into the hearth.
• If women play cards in the New Year, the hens will peck cucumbers (spoil them).
New Year's traditions, fortune-telling
On New Year's Eve, they wondered a lot: - they poured wax from the candle of the festive table into cold water and judged the future by the figure;
- they overheard other people's conversations, scraps of phrases and judged the future from them ...
• Listen to sounds outside the window: ringing of a church bell - to important events in the family, meowing of a cat - to a new neighbor, barking of a dog - to a new friend (for girls - to the groom), bird voices - to good news (for guys - to the bride) ...
• For the New Year, you need to freeze water in a spoon; if there are bubbles - to longevity, if holes - to death.
• Anyone who is waiting for the betrothed can sweep under the table: find grain or bread crumbs - for marriage. Put the first piece from the festive table under the bed - in a dream you will see a narrowed one.
• During New Year's washing, you should put copper or gold money (or gizmos) into the water in order to be beautiful and strong throughout the year, like gold and copper, as well as silver money or gizmos in order to have a white face.
• Sitting at the New Year's festive table and gazing at your shadow cast by a candle flame or tongues of fire in the fireplace. If you see yourself with a head - good, without a head - it's bad.
• If a girl pricks or cuts her finger on New Year's Eve, she will marry in the new year.
• New Year girls overhear conversations under other people's doors (the word “go” they hear foreshadows marriage, “sit” - protracted girlhood).
• People often guess about life by the spoons left on the table on New Year's Eve after everyone went to bed. Each person remembers his spoon and the next morning he looks at how it lies: if the notch down, everything is in order, but if it turned over, you should think about your health, save yourself from trouble and take care of the will.
• Write on a piece of paper your most cherished wish (only one!) And burn the piece of paper, throw the ashes out the window into the wind with the words: "Wind, drive the longing and sadness from me, give me luck and joy!" And say your cherished desire. Then continue: "What you have thought, fulfill, the spirit of the wind, please, I conjure with my strength, I put it on your wings!" Say this three times. The desire will come true.
• Remarkable is the European custom of choosing the "bean king" in the New Year. Before treating to a festive cake, a child should be placed under the table, who will name the one to whom each of the sliced pieces of cake should be given. When the pie is eaten, it will be revealed who got the piece with the bean or bean baked inside. The recipient of such a piece is considered lucky: he is guaranteed good luck throughout the year, but at the very New Year's holiday - the position of manager and toastmaster.
• You can see the groom not only in a dream. On New Year's Eve, pour water into a cup, add salt and ash, put it on the window and say: "Drink water, salt with salt, burn ash, and I have to watch the groom." Look into the cup while doing this. If you are about to get married, then you will definitely see your betrothed.
• On New Year's Eve, the girls put four card kings from the deck under their pillow. Whichever one dreams or will be pulled out first in the morning - so will the groom.
New Year's fortune-telling
• In a dream on New Year's Eve, you can find a previously lost thing.
It is necessary to put a glass of water under the bed, two forks into it - prongs up. Then a hint will come in a dream.
• On New Year's Eve, in severe frost, water was frozen in a spoon. If the ice turns out to be in bubbles - to good health and longevity. If there was a hole in the center, it foreshadowed illness or even death, and not necessarily the one who made the guess, but, possibly, someone close to him.
• If in the New Year the owner knocks on a pear, apple or plum tree three times, then a bountiful harvest will grow on this tree.
• If the sky is starry on New Year's Eve - this is for the harvest of berries and mushrooms.
• On New Year's Eve, severe frost and a small snow - to the harvest of bread, and heat and lack of snow in the yard that day feared more than a fire, as it was a sure sign of a coming crop failure and hunger.
to the begining
What for January 1 New Year?
• As you start the New Year, you will live it. January 1st sets the tone for the whole year.
• If you look at the sky: if there are many stars, there will be a good harvest of berries.
• If there is thick frost on the trees in the morning on January 1, the year will be grain-growing, otherwise it will be hungry.
• Cloudy before lunchtime on January 1, but clear after lunch - late sowing is better.
• If in January the echo goes far, the frost grows stronger
• On January 1, do not do heavy and dirty work, otherwise you will mess around in the mud and experience hardships all year round. You cannot clean the house, especially sweep and mop the floors, throw away trash - this promises losses and losses.
• If on the first day of the new year the trader gives the goods to the first oncoming buyer very cheaply, then the whole year will be a successful trade.
• When the time comes, do not throw the Christmas tree out of the window or from the balcony - family life will go to dust, happiness will collapse. The tree must be taken out and stuck in the snow.
20 times people stumbled upon something that they knew nothing about, but they were enlightened on the Internet
While some are trying in every possible way to escape from knowledge, others are only looking for an excuse to learn something new. Since you are reading this, it means that you are definitely one of the latter. Sometimes, to find something interesting, you don't have to go far, just look around your grandmother's closet or the basement of your house. All the curious gizmos that can be found there have only one problem - sometimes it is difficult to understand what it is. With such questions, users often contact the “What is this thing” community on Reddit, where other users, whenever possible, try to tell about the origin of a particular find. We have again put together a collection of fascinating questions and answers for our beloved inquisitive readers, and we hope you miss your new knowledge 💖
Question: “What are these liquid vests worn by Olympic sailing athletes for? They featured Dutch athletes Annemik Beckering and Annette Duez during a post-race interview. "
Answer: "These are cooling vests." These vests were
first talked about in 2020, when they were worn by nurses who were forced to wear poorly ventilated clothes during the pandemic, suffering from the heat. These same vests allow athletes to carry the Summer Olympics more comfortably and not overheat 🦺
Question: “What is this thing on the bar at my work? Made of metal, hollow inside "
Answer: “This is an old-fashioned bottle opener on the bar. I saw a lot of these in old pubs. ”
There is a special part behind the metal contraption, which is intended for opening bottles. Usually, after opening, the cork falls into a special container, although there may be an ordinary trash can below 🧺
Question: “A small curly spoon with a hole in the bottom. I think this is some kind of kitchen utensil, but I have no idea what it is. Help!"
Answer: "This is a fancy melon"
scoop.Works like an ice cream spoon.
Q: “My partner went to a yard sale and came back with an old can full of these things. Hard metal, measuring spoon for scale "
Answer: "This is a fastener for curtains that do not have special slots or loops" The
sharp part goes through the curtain fabric, like a safety pin, and the other clings to the rings 🧷
Question: “There is a microchip in my new bra, which I bought on the Internet. In my opinion, it is fake, but I cannot determine exactly what it is and why it was inside. "
Answer: “This is something of the" healing "things of the modern world. From the category of magnetic bracelets "
Now some Chinese lingerie manufacturers sew in such magnets. They are designed to improve blood circulation, and most often they can be found in underwear for "weight loss" 🏃♀️
Question: “I just bought a house by the lake and found three of these in the water next to the pier. Cross stack of corrugated tubing, wrapped in plastic mesh, with weights attached "
Answer: “This is the so-called fish nursery. They help the fry hide from predatory fish. They also improve fishing, as predatory fish will swim around these things in the hope that some babies will emerge from there. "
Question: “I just moved to a new house. The former tenant left it in the freezer. One-piece stainless steel cylinder, just over 15 cm long, rounded at one end and internally threaded at the other. Anchovies for scale. What is this thing? "
Answer: “This is a wine cooling stick with a lost second part. Freeze it in the freezer, then put it in a bottle of wine. "
Question: “What is this small camera or some kind of detector on the ceiling? I noticed waxing in the salon "
Answer: "This is an indicator that the ceiling lamp has an emergency backup battery and is fully charged."
Question: “This thing with a lot of handles. Mainly made of wood, has been in a thrift store in Mossel Bay, South Africa for years and no one ever knew what it was. Google doesn't know either "
Answer: “This is the control panel of the electrical slimming device. Something like an EKG machine, with the help of it an electric current was passed through certain points, and this was supposed to stimulate the muscles and give the same results as the exercises. "
Question: “A small metal object (about 10 cm) with various mechanical parts on one side. There is a spare gear inside the lined case. Age unknown, but possibly antiques. "
Answer: "This is a drawing tool for drawing dotted lines"
Typewriter part dipped in the ink, then the device had to be news along the lines that it has abandoned the dotted line or, as in this case, point.
Question: “A large cubic object attached to some channel near the dam. Usually found underwater. It looks like it's made of a translucent material? "
Answer: "This is a filter for the intake of water, which is drawn into a reservoir."
At this point, the filter is visible because the water level has dropped. Most likely, there are more such underwater.
Question: “Metal pins with round heads and rotating tubes in a wooden board. Most likely antiques. What?"
Answer: "This is a vintage tie hanger."
Question: "Heavy ball and flimsy wire ... Some kind of holder?"
Answer: "This is a holder for napkins, moreover, from IKEA"
Question: “Two rubber cups at the ends of the plastic arms that do not touch. What it is?"
Answer: "This is a shock massager for the back."
During a blow to the back, they hit the ball against another, adding additional vibration.
Question: “What is this thing that I found at a thrift store? It looks like a ceramic tray that stands on the table and holds something. "
Answer: "A flower vase, also known as a flower frog"
Often used to hold artificial flowers.
Question: “Small round clip with thumbs up. Stretches, but maintains a round shape "
Answer: "This is a phone holder"
Japan is an ancient country, with an extremely interesting history and traditions. Japan is also very closed to foreigners, which is why so many tourists are interested in these isolated islands. The modern Japanese way of life and culture are quite different from the USA and Europe. Read on for interesting things about Japan that you probably didn't know.
There are no people in Japan to collect garbage. The streets of Japan are extremely clean, even in Tokyo, which is the capital and a massive megalopolis, all the streets are clean and have no garbage. But how is this possible without garbage? It all comes down to their mentality. The Japanese rarely leave garbage on the streets. Also, volunteers, both young and old, clean the streets simply because they want to live in a clean city. If an employer sees that you have previously worked as a volunteer street cleaner, you will be seen as a responsible person and will probably hire you much faster.
In Japan, 98.5% of the population is Japanese. Today's world is becoming more and more international due to the mixing of cultures. But this is not the case in Japan, because of the extremely difficult visas and cultural mentality, it is a challenge for migrants to stay in Japan. On the one hand, it protects this unique and ancient culture with ancient traditions, but, on the other hand, it is closed to the outside world and migrants.
25% of Japan's population is over 65 years old. Japan is now facing terrible demographic problems. Because it is so difficult to afford the needs of children, such as schools, medicine, extracurricular activities, many Japanese simply do not have children. It has been like this for many years, and now over 25% of the population is over 65 years old. Immigrants are the solution to this problem, they do not like to integrate and want to have children.
In Japan you are allowed to sleep at work. You've probably heard about how long the days of service in Japan are. Officially, the schedule is 8 hours a day as in most parts of the world, but due to their mentality, any employee wants to stay over the schedule to show that he is willing to work. In Japan, if you sleep during the work day, it is a sign that you work extremely hard. Even if Japanese companies do the same job as Americans or Europeans, workers postpone their work until evening to stay at work and show a desire to work.
1.Giving everyone a change
5.Tree in Japan
6.Telephone of the wind
8.Just 2 days
9.Train seats in Japan
11.Toilets be like
15.Waiting at station
17.The oldest fish
21.Trains in Japan
23.Help in Japan
24.Japan under water
26.Package from Japan
32.Food at hospital
35.Floating solar power plant
44.System for bags
47.KFC in Japan
48.Subway in Japan