Elon Musk best 75 funny quotes and jokes that made him famous in 2021
Elon Musk is an entrepreneur, engineer, inventor, investor, philanthropist and visionary. A lot of activities, right? Not nearly. If we list the number of companies he founded or is currently CEO, we fill another line - PayPal, SpaceX, Tesla, SolarCity, Hyperloop, OpenAI, The Boring Company, Neuralink, Zip2.
Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa and has had entrepreneurial values for a long time. He currently has it all started when he founded Zip2 in 1995 with his brother. The business involved an online city guide, which at the time was in the realm of science fiction. He made his first money from selling it in 1999. He earned about $ 30 million for his share of the company. That's where the ascent began.
This was followed by a series of investments, from his next company, X.com, which later turned into PayPal, and then came Tesla and SpaceX, businesses that really brought him fame. Elon Musk is also known for his ambition to prevent a possible human extinction, bringing our species to the rank of "multi-planetary civilization" by creating a colony on Mars that can support life. He has often been ridiculed for his conceptions, which seem very "ahead of their time," but all the time he has proved us right.
Other ideas that Elon Musk came up with include Hyperloop One, the way he wants to reinvent the transportation industry, inventing a fifth way we can move. It is a vacuum tube through which pressurized capsules with speeds of up to 900-1000 km / h are to circulate, which is currently being tested. It would link, in the first phase, San Francisco to Los Angeles, and, in the other part of the world, Dubai to Abu Dhabi.
- “People work better when they know WHERE they want to go and WHY.” - Elon Musk
- “What really matters is a person's good heart.” - Elon Musk
- “I'm looking for a long-term relationship. I'm not looking for a one-night stand. I'm looking for a serious partner, a soul mate, things like that. If I'm not in love, if I don't have a stable partner, I can't be happy.” - Elon Musk
- “Big companies are built on big products.”- Elon Musk
- “I would like to die on Mars. But not during a fatal impact.”- Elon Musk
- “Life is too short for long-term resentment.” - Elon Musk
- “I like to be involved in world-changing actions. “- Elon Musk
- “I think we are at the dawn of a new era of space exploration.”- Elon Musk
- “When I was a kid, I used to say, "I don't want to be alone!"- Elon Musk
- “It's important for people to come to work and enjoy what they do.”- Elon Musk
After so many innovations in a very wide range of fields, you would be tempted to say that Musk doesn't have much time for anything else. Wrong. SpaceX created the world's first reusable orbital rocket and managed to reduce the cost of launching into space by a third. Asked at one point by a journalist if he didn't feel like he needed a vacation, Elon Musk responded by saying, "I once took a vacation and a rocket exploded. I'm not going to repeat this mistake. "
Space X has become a US government contractor and frequently flies to the International Space Station to carry supplies and food. Most of its launches take place on ramp 39A at Cape Canaveral, which is also the starting point for Apollo 11, the mission that took the first humans to the moon. The missiles used are their own products and are called Falcon, an allusion to the famous ship "Millennium Falcon" from the Star Wars series.
- “I don't create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to do the job.”- Elon Musk
- “The only thing that makes sense is to work together for collective enlightenment.”- Elon Musk
- “If humanity did not land on Mars during my lifetime, I would be very disappointed.”- Elon Musk
- “Patience is a virtue, and I am still trying to learn to be patient. It's a hard lesson.”- Elon Musk
- “In order for your voice to be heard in Washington, you have to make a small contribution.”- Elon Musk
- “It's OK to have all the eggs in one basket as long as you know what's going on in that basket.”- Elon Musk
- “When I say something, it usually happens. Maybe not immediately or scheduled, but it happens.”- Elon Musk
- “When something really matters to you, you do it even if you are unlucky.”- Elon Musk
- “Some people don't like change, but we have to accept it when the alternative is disaster.”- Elon Musk
- “People have to do exactly what they love. This will make them happier than anything else.”- Elon Musk
In addition to space travel and various tubes, Musk focuses heavily on the intelligent use of electricity. Tesla is proof of this obsession of his, the autonomy of the cars he created being the highest in the industry. The name is a tribute to the famous scientist Nikola Tesla. Musk is also experimenting with new technologies that he can implement on Tesla, such as Autopilot, which is already being implemented, in a somewhat more primitive way than he intends in the future.
Recently, Musk also invested in a startup called SolarCity, which plans to replace the traditional tiles you have on the roof of your house with some based on photovoltaic cells. They would be marketed at an extremely attractive price, incomparable to that of alternative technologies already present on the market. In short, you won't have to spend a lot of money on huge solar panels, but you can turn your roof into something like that. This technology will also be implemented on Tesla, the tailgate of the car will be replaced.
Seen as one of the most controversial startups in the world, Neuralink aims to integrate Artificial Intelligence into the human brain. Elon Musk co-founded this business in 2016, wanting to create a fusion between the brain and software so that man can take the next step forward. Among the benefits of this technology on the brain could be the increase in human memory capacity, as well as finding a way to interact more directly with digital devices.
- “There's a big difference between me and Tony Stark. I have 5 kids, so I spend more time at Disneyland than at parties.”- Elon Musk
- “If you wake up in the morning convinced that you will be fine in the future, then you will have a bright day. If not, no!”- Elon Musk
- “I think this is the best advice: to constantly think about how you could do things better and always ask yourself questions.”- Elon Musk
- “Do you want to be extremely rigorous about the best things you can do? Find the "faults" in your business and "fix them"!”- Elon Musk
- “I anticipate that in 30 years, most cars in the US will be electric, and I'm not talking about hybrid cars, but all-electric.”- Elon Musk
- “I believe that the purpose of life on earth means more than solving problems. It must have an inspirational purpose, even if the purpose is for the benefit of someone else.”- Elon Musk
- “I think it's wrong to hire a large number of people to solve a complicated problem. Numbers will never be the equivalent of talent in finding the optimal solution. Two people who know nothing are no better than one who knows.”- Elon Musk
- “It's not like we can burn coal in power plants. Coal is a finite resource and we need to find alternatives until we run out of coal, and by then, only God knows how many tons of carbon dioxide from the ground we send into the atmosphere.”- Elon Musk
- "A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it's just as good as its people and how excited they are to create. I want to recognize a lot of super-talented people. I'm just facing companies ". - Elon Musk
- "Avoid hiring MBAs as much as possible. MBA programs do not teach people how to start companies. ”- Elon Musk
Contrary to the suggestive name, this startup of Musk is not boring at all, and the origin story is very interesting. One day, while he was stuck in traffic, Musk posted a message on Twitter saying that he would start digging some tunnels to solve the traffic problem. Said and done. As the company was founded at the beginning of the year, it could not quickly obtain testing permits in living areas. So he set to work in the backyard of SpaceX in California.
In private, Musk is very discreet. Its estimated wealth is 13.6 billion euros, ranking 80th in the top of the richest people in the world. The South African lives in the famous Bel-Air neighborhood of Beverly Hills and has 6 children from an older marriage. Now, he is with Amber Heard, Johnny Depp's ex-wife, a relationship with which he does not go out very often.
When he's not trying to change the world and take us to Mars, Elon Musk is a regular at surprise movie appearances. He had episodic scenes in "Machete" and, more recently, in "Why Him," a film that tells the story of a more nonconformist entrepreneur in Silicon Valley. He is also a big fan of the series "The Big Bang Theory", where he appeared in an episode, playing himself.
- "Being an entrepreneur is like eating glass and looking into the abyss of death." - Elon Musk
- "The brand is just a perception, and the perception will match reality over time. Sometimes it will be before, sometimes it will be behind. But the brand is simply a collective impression that some have of a product." - Elon Musk
- "Don't be fooled into believing that something works when it's not, or you'll be stuck on a bad solution." - Elon Musk
- "Failure is an option here. If things don't fail, not innovative enough." - Elon Musk
- "I am always optimistic, but I am realistic. Not with the expectation of great success I started Tesla or SpaceX ... I just thought they were important enough to do anyway. ”- Elon Musk
- "I always invest my money in the companies I create. I don't believe in using just other people's money. I don't think that's fair. I will not ask other people to invest in something if I am not prepared to do it myself. ”- Elon Musk
- "I think there is a lot of potential if you have a convincing product and people are willing to pay a premium for it. I think that's what Apple showed. You can buy a mobile phone or a laptop much cheaper, but the Apple product is much better than the alternative and people are willing to pay this premium. ”- Elon Musk
- "I don't create companies to create companies, but to get things done." - Elon Musk
- "I don't spend my time pontificating on high-definition things; I spend my time solving engineering and manufacturing problems." - Elon Musk
- "I don't think it's a good idea to plan to sell a company." - Elon Musk
- "I say something, and then it usually happens. Maybe not in time, but it usually happens." - Elon Musk
- "I think it's very important to have a feedback loop, where you constantly think about what you've done and how you could do it better." - Elon Musk
- "I think the best way to attract venture capital is to try to come up with a demonstration of any product or service that is and, ideally, take it as far as you can. See if you can sell this to real customers and you can start building momentum. The more you get, the more funding you will have. "- Elon Musk
- "I think we have a duty to maintain the light of conscience to make sure it continues in the future." - Elon Musk
- "I would have just asked things ... It would make my parents angry ... That I wouldn't have believed them just when they said something, because I would have asked them why. And then I would consider if the answer was sensitive given everything I knew. "- Elon Musk
- "I wouldn't say I have a lack of fear. In fact, I'd like my fear emotion to be less because it's very distracting and fried my nervous system." - Elon Musk
- "I'm interested in things that change the world or that affect the future and the wonderful, new technology in which you see it and say to yourself, 'Wow, how did this happen?' How is that possible? '"- Elon Musk
- "Actually, I haven't read any books on time management." - Elon Musk
- "If something needs to be designed and invented and you have to figure out how to make sure the value of the thing you create is greater than the cost of inputs, then that's probably my core skill." - Elon Musk
- "If something is important enough you should try, even if the likely result is failure." - Elon Musk
- "If you get up in the morning and think the future will be better, it's a bright day. Otherwise, it's not." - Elon Musk
- "If you're a co-founder or CEO, you have to do all sorts of tasks that you shouldn't do ... If you don't do your business, the company won't succeed ... No task is too menial." - Elon Musk
- "If you try to create a company, it's like baking a cake. You need to have all the ingredients in the right proportion. ”- Elon Musk
- "It is a mistake to hire a large number of people to do a complicated job. Numbers will never compensate for the talent in getting the right answer (two people who don't know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress and make the task incredibly expensive. ”- Elon Musk
- "It's okay to have eggs in one basket as long as you control what happens to this basket." - Elon Musk
- "It's very important to like the people you work with, otherwise your life and job will be pretty miserable." - Elon Musk
- "My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone's talent and not someone's personality. I think it's important if someone has a good heart." - Elon Musk
- "People should follow what they are passionate about. This will make them happier than almost anything else. ”- Elon Musk
- "People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important for people to look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoying work. ”- Elon Musk
- "Persistence is very important. You don't have to give up if you're not forced to give up." - Elon Musk
- "Really pay attention to negative feedback and ask for it, especially from friends. ... Almost no one does that and it's incredibly useful. ”- Elon Musk
- "Some people don't like change, but you have to embrace change if the alternative is disaster." - Elon Musk
- "Starting and developing a business is just as important for the innovation, strength and determination of the people behind it as the product they sell." - Elon Musk
- "Talent is extremely important. It's like a sports team, the team with the best individual player will often win, but then there's a multiplier of how these players work together and the strategy they use." - Elon Musk
- "The first step is to determine that something is possible; then the probability will occur." - Elon Musk
- "There are really two things that need to happen for a new technology to be accessible on the mass market. One is that you need economies of scale. The other is that you have to iterate on design. You have to go through several versions. ”- Elon Musk
- "There is an extraordinary prejudice against risk-taking. Everyone is trying to optimize their bottom coverage. ”- Elon Musk
- "At SpaceX we have a 'strict no-rope policy.' - Elon Musk
- "What makes innovative thinking happen?" I think it's really a thought. You have to decide. ”- Elon Musk
- "When Henry Ford made cheap and reliable cars, people said, 'Nah, what about a horse? "It was a huge bet that he made and it worked. ”- Elon Musk
- "When someone has an innovative evolution, it's rarely a small thing. Very rarely, it is a small thing. It's usually a bunch of things that collectively are a huge innovation. ”- Elon Musk
- "When something is important enough, you do it even if the chances are not in your favor." - Elon Musk
- "It simply came to our notice then. That is, you only need to enter weeks between 80 and 100 hours each week. [This] improves the chances of success. If other people put in 40 hours of work and put in 100 hours of work, then even if you do the same thing, you know that you will achieve in four months what they need a year to accomplish. ”- Elon Musk
- "You have to say, 'Well, why did he succeed where others failed?' ”- Elon Musk
- "You shouldn't do things differently just because they're different. They have to be better. ”- Elon Musk
Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving today. Usually an occasion to reunite with family or friends, this year the holiday is affected by the sanitary measures required by the authorities in an attempt to stop the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic. Bemorepanda is here to surprise you.
Here are some things you may not know about this Canadian holiday.
1. The first Thanksgiving Day was celebrated in Canada in 1578, when the English sailor Martin Frobisher arrived on Baffin Island with his crew. They celebrated with a dinner the fact that they arrived safely at their destination.
2. From 1921 to 1930, Thanksgiving Day was combined with Armistice Day (now Remembrance Day), celebrated on November 11th. Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October 1931, except in 1935, when there was a conflict between this holiday and the date of the general election.
3. In 1957, Thanksgiving became a national holiday. The Canadian parliament declared Monday the second of October as a day off to thank "for the abundant harvest with which Canada has been blessed."
4. Although federally recognized, Thanksgiving Day in Canada is not a day off in Prince Edward, Newfoundland, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia.
5. Why is turkey eaten on this day? Nobody knows for sure. There are many theories about how the turkey became the predominant meal on Thanksgiving, including the fact that this bird could be easily found and is large enough to feed a family.
6. 20.2 million turkeys are sold annually in Canada, according to Statistics Canada. The data is from 2018. A little over 390 million dollars are the annual revenues made by farms that grow turkeys.
7. On Thanksgiving Day 2019, 2.5 million whole turkeys were bought by Canadians, the equivalent of 39% of sales during the year, according to the Turkey Growers Association.
8. But Thanksgiving is not the day to eat the most turkey. At Christmas 2019, 2.7 million turkeys were bought by Canadians, equivalent to 42% of annual sales.
9. 64.3% of all cranberries consumed in Canada come from Quebec and 38.9% of apples consumed come from Ontario.
10. The United States celebrates Thanksgiving on the fourth Thursday in November. One possible explanation is that the harvest season is earlier in Canada, due to the colder climate than in the United States.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
Motivational sayings have a fantastic ability to change our attitude towards life. That is why they are so attractive and essential on our path to success. What you think about yourself, including beliefs and expectations about your abilities, determines everything that happens to you.
About life for a life: famous inspirational quotes that motivate
Man has complete control over only one thing in the universe - his thinking. By changing it, he changes the quality of his life - sometimes instantly. In the same way that kind words and well-timed humor can make someone smile, our thoughts react to the world in real-time.
This is where motivational quotes come in. When the world seems to be against you, let these wise words lift your spirits and inspire you to new achievements.
Give yourself a boost.
Sometimes we need extra motivation, and a few short words can go a long way in igniting the inner spark. If you're stuck in writer's block, some quotes from your favorite books can get you back on track. When you're trying unsuccessfully to get out of bed, some inspirational quotes will help you get through the morning. And when depression sets in, uplifting quotes will do the trick.
That's right; you don't need to read lengthy self-development books or motivational speeches. Brief words of wisdom will revive your spirit and give you a tiny push to take the next step forward. Are you looking for even more momentum after the craziness of 2022? Check out these inspirational quotes to help you start 2023 on the right note.
1. “Purpose is an integral part of everyone. This is the reason why we came to this planet at this moment in history.” – Chadwick Boseman
2. "Try to be a rainbow in other people's clouds" - Maya Angelou.
3. "No matter what you're going through, there's always light at the end of the tunnel" - Demi Lovato.
4. “The main thing is not to give up. Where there is love and inspiration, it is impossible to make a mistake.” – Ella Fitzgerald
5. "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, "I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn (note: a play on words "impossible" - "I'm possible").
6. “Inspiration comes from within ourselves. You have to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen." - Deep Roy
7. “The most wasted day is the day without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings
8. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
9. “Every day, when you wake up, think: today I am lucky that I am alive, and I am not going to waste this precious gift,” the 14th Dalai Lama.
10. “Don't be afraid to give up the good for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
11. “I can deal with failure. Everyone fails at some point. But I can't accept that I'm not trying." - Michael Jordan
12. “Some people are looking for a beautiful place. Others themselves make the place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan (“It is not the place that makes the man, but the man the place”).
13. "Difficult days make us stronger" - Eli Raisman.
14. "Let's build the future now, and tomorrow our dreams will come true" - Malala Yousafzai.
15. “If people doubt you, go so far that you can no longer hear them.” - Miguel Ruiz
16. “Never limit yourself because of the limited imagination of others, and never limit others because of your limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison.
17. “Darkness cannot drive away the darkness, only light can. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine on your face like the rays of the sun, and you will always look beautiful.” - Roald Dahl.
19. “A champion is not defined by his victories, but by how he recovers from a fall.” – Serena Williams
20. “Act as if what you are doing is undeniable. It matters.” – William James
21. “If you see someone without a smile, give him yours.” – Dolly Parton
22. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time allotted to us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
23. “The upward movement of any of us is progress for all.” – Octavia Spencer
24. “Every bad hit gets me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
25. “It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to apply it correctly.” – Rene Descartes
26. “You either win or you learn.” – John Maxwell
27. “Hope is a thing in feathers. It lives in my soul. Without words and despondency Always sings in me, ”- Emily Dickinson.
28. “I came to the goal not because I wanted and hoped, but because I worked hard.” - Estee Lauder.
29. “The only way to do a good job is to love what you do. If you haven't found one yet, keep looking. Don't calm down!" - Steve Jobs.
30. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much space in today.” – Will Rogers
31. “Anything is possible if you have the courage.” – J.K. Rowling.
32. “We only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.” – Fred Allen
33. "Champions don't stop until they get what they want." - Billie Jean King
34. “Don't let people dim your brilliance because they are blinded. Encourage them to wear sunglasses.” – Lady Gaga
35. “A true friend is the one who comes when the rest of the world has gone.” – Walter Winchell
36. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, dedicated people can change the world. That's the only way it's always been." - Margaret Mead
37. “Success is when you fall nine times and get up ten times.” – Jon Bon Jovi
38. “If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of the war before her 18th birthday, then you certainly can get out of bed.” – Elizabeth Jean Carroll
39. “Don't waste a minute until you're happy. If one window closes, run to the next or break down the door.” - Brooke Shields
40. “The end of the world cannot come today, because tomorrow in Australia” - Charles M. Schultz.
41. “We are not allowed to choose how to die. Or when. We have to decide how to live. Currently.” – Joan Baez
42. “Happiness lies in the little things in life. If you don't look closely, it becomes invisible." - Joyce Brothers
43. “Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you miss the joke of the century.” — Dame Edna Everage
44. “There are only two ways to live your life. One - as if miracles do not happen. The other is that everything around is wonderful.” – Albert Einstein
45. “The limit is in your mind. As long as you can imagine something, you can do it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
46. “I need to be myself. I'm not perfect, and I can make mistakes." - Laverne Cox
47. “Be grateful for what you have, and more will be given.” – Oprah Winfrey
48. “All dreams will come true if we dare to make them come true.” – Walt Disney
49. “We need to put ourselves higher on our to-do list.” - Michelle Obama.
50. “What you say no to is just as important as what you say yes to.” – Sandra Oh
Almost every film has curious details that are difficult to notice when you first watch it. Sometimes it can be unexpected characters, unobtrusively left by the director. Or inconspicuous moments that reveal the plot of the picture and add a special peppercorn to it.
At Bemorepanda, we found 13 hidden movie parts that even seasoned moviegoers might overlook. At the end of the article, you will find an unexpected fact about the cult melodrama, which many watched before the holes in the sunset of the 1990s.
1. "Matrix" - the symbol of yin and yang
When Neo and Morpheus attack each other in The Matrix, their clothing and body position form a symbol of the union of yin and yang. In Chinese philosophy, it means the interaction of opposites: light and darkness, day and night, positive and negative.
2. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - compass
In Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Commander James Norrington holds up the compass, he points to Jack, not Elizabeth. This compass does not point north or south, but in the direction of what the person holding it desires most. So the filmmakers wanted to show that the commander values his duty above his feelings: it is more important for him to catch a pirate than to be with his beloved.
3. "Casino Royale" "- actress
In the 2006 film Casino Royale, actress Tsai Chin plays one of the poker players. She also appeared in the role of a minor Bond girl in the 1967 film "Live Only Twice".
4. "Cabin in the woods" - pupils
In the thriller "Cabin in the Woods" after a van crash and a collision with a zombie, you can see that Dana's pupils have become of different sizes. This is a common symptom of a concussion.
5. "The Truman Show" - cameras
In The Truman Show, the cameras appear in very obvious places, but the main character (Jim Carrey) stubbornly does not notice them. Even when a neighbor brings a trash can to Truman's car, he still does not see anything unusual in what is happening, since he has always lived in the conditions of a TV show.
6. "Shape of water" - shoes
The Oscar-winning film The Shape of Water features a scene in which Eliza admires a pair of red shoes. Later, when the heroine begins a relationship with Amphibian Man, you can see how she confidently walks through the laboratory in those very shoes. Perhaps this is how the filmmakers wanted to show that Eliza gained confidence and expanded the boundaries of her capabilities.
7. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - Jack Sparrow's father ring
In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Captain Teague wears a silver skull ring. In fact, it is not a prop for the film, but a real decoration of actor Keith Richards. This ring was given to him for his birthday in 1978, and he has not taken it off since.
8. "Santa Claus" - elves
In the movie Santa Claus, when Charlie walks to school, an elf can be seen sitting behind him. This means that throughout his life, the elves watched over him and his father.
9. "Maleficent" - magic
Maleficent's magic changes color. When a witch is kind, her magic is golden. And when she does evil things, her enchantment turns green.
10. "The Chronicles of Narnia" - the fur of the White Witch
In The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch gave the order to cut the mane of Aslan's lion, and then coldly thrust a dagger into him. Later, Tilda Swinton's heroine can be seen wearing his mech during the battle.
11. "Parasites" - Mr. Pak's company
In Parasite, the viewer is constantly reminded that Mr. Park runs a firm called Another Brick, like the song of the same name by Pink Floyd. The film's director Bong Joon Ho was a huge fan of them in college. It raises the problems of education, inequality, there is a significant line: "In general, you are just another brick in the wall." The company logo appears on the glass in the office of the head of a wealthy family, as well as on the mugs from which the heroes drink.
12. "Alice in Wonderland" - the Hatter's phrase
The Mad Hatter's lines are not as meaningless as they seem at first glance. When the Hatter asks "What do a raven and a desk have in common?" One of the most famous works of Poe is the poem "The Raven".
By the way, Depp himself suggested adding orange spots on the Hatter's face. The fact is that in the 18th-19th centuries, hatters worked with mercury, which left orange and reddish spots on the skin. In addition, the metal caused chronic intoxication, which had a detrimental effect on mental health.
13.Bonus: "10 reasons I hate" - a scene with a poem
At the end of the tape "10 Things I Hate" Julia Stiles burst into tears while reading a poem she wrote about Patrick for her English lesson. This was not actually in the script. In one of the interviews, the actress told why emotions came over her during this scene. “I absolutely did not expect to start crying. I don't know why this happened. Perhaps this was due to what was happening in my life at that time. Or I was just blown away by the whole experience of making my first big movie, ”admitted Stiles.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
Mark Twain, aka Samuel Langhorne Clemens (Florida, November 30, 1835 - Redding, April 21, 1910), was an American writer, humorist, aphorist, and professor of some of the most famous masterpieces of nineteenth-century American literature called The Adventures. Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn have entered the collective imagination and have had numerous television and film transpositions.
He is considered one of the essential American stars of his day: William Faulkner wrote that he was "the first truly American writer."
Mark Twain quotes
Twain had to work from an early age as an orphaned father and began his career as a journalist and then as a humorous storyteller, eventually becoming troubled after some personal events (such as the death of a brother and his wife). So, two of his three adult daughters and his dear friend Henry Rogers, who happened almost during the writer's difficult old age), a severe and irreverent chronicler of vanities, take a look at all the hypocrisy and human cruelty, as well as a critic of religions, with a background of ironic pessimism and misanthropy.
In the middle of his career, together with Huckleberry Finn, he combined fine humor, solid fiction, and social criticism at a level unmatched in the vast medium of American literature.
1. A man cannot feel good if he is not in harmony with himself.
2. The right word can be effective, but no word has ever been as effective as a break at the right time.
3. Climate is what we expect. The weather is what we get.
4. You can't let your eyes down if your imagination doesn't focus well.
5. It is better to keep quiet and let others think you are a fool than to speak up and dispel any doubts.
6. If in doubt, tell the truth.
7. An Englishman is the person who does things because they have been done before, while the American does them so that no one has done them before.
8. When you realize you are on the side of the majority, it is time for reform.
9. Dance as if no one sees you; love as if you were never hurt; sing as if no one could hear you; live as if you were the only man on earth.
10. I went through terrible moments in my life. Some of them even happened.
Samuel Clemens was born in Florida and raised in Hannibal, Missouri, the son of Jane (born Lampton, 1803-1890), a native of Kentucky, and John Marshall Clemens (1798-1847), a Virginia by birth. His parents met when his father moved to Missouri and married a few years later in 1823. He was the sixth of seven children, but only three of them survived as children: his brother Orion (1825-1897). Henry (1838-1858) died in a boat explosion with Twain and Pamela (1827-1904).
His sister Margaret (1833-1839) died at three, and his brother Benjamin (1832-1842) died three years later. Another brother, Pleasant (1828-1829), died at the age of six months. Twain was born two weeks after Halley's closest comet to Earth, a fact he will often remember. When he was four years old, his family moved to Hannibal, a port city on the Mississippi River, which inspired him with Tom Sawyer and the fictional town of Huckleberry Finn, St. Petersburg.
Missouri was a slave state, and young Twain was familiar with the institution of slavery, a subject he would later explore in his writing. Twain's father, John, practiced as a lawyer and judge. In 1847, when Twain was 11 years old, his father died of pneumonia. The following year, Samuel became an apprentice in a printing press. In 1851 he began working as a printer and contributing humorous articles for the Hannibal Journal, a newspaper founded by his brother Orion. At 18, he left Hannibal to work in New York, Philadelphia, St. Louis, and Cincinnati.
11. It's easier not to get involved than to get out of the game.
12. Each is a moon with a dark side, which no one shows.
13. The New Year is an innocent annual event, with no apparent benefit to anyone, except to be a reason for the promiscuous fun, friendly appellation, and free promises.
14. In Paris, everyone looked at me strangely when I spoke to them in French. I never managed to get those bastards to understand their language.
15. Journalists - people who think about the profession they should have learned all their lives.
16. If people learned to walk and speak as they were taught to read and write, everyone would be lame and stuttered.
17. I am opposed to the position of millionaires, but it would be dangerous to be offered that position.
18. Honesty is the best policy when it brings you financial gain.
19. You can't rely on your eyes when your imagination goes crazy.
20. A man with a new idea is eccentric until his concept succeeds.
21. Plan your future carefully, because you will spend the rest of your life there.
Twain's most significant contribution to American literature is often considered the picaresque novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884), followed by The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, a children's book. Ernest Hemingway said: “All modern American literature comes from a book by Mark Twain, Huckleberry Finn. (...) All American writings derive from this. There was nothing before. Nothing so good has ever been so far. "Famous are the fictional historian The Prince and the Poor, an American in King Arthur's court (humorous science fiction example), and the natural, autobiographical Life of Mississippi. Twain was a master in translating everyday conversation, creating and disseminating specific American literature, and constructing American themes and expressive languages. Twain was also famous for his aphorisms; one of his typical paradoxes reads: "If your grandfather had no children and your father none, it is pretty unlikely that you will have one. "
22. What are the appropriate proportions of a maxim? A minimum of sounds for maximum meaning.
23. All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence; success is sure.
24. He who does not read good books is not superior to him who cannot read them.
25. There are two types of people: those who do things and those who claim to do something.
26. The human species has an effective weapon: it is laughter.
27. Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but a cabbage with higher education.
28. We have a legal system that is superior to any such system in the world; its effectiveness is tested only by the difficulty of finding twelve people every day who know nothing and cannot read.
29. Be very careful when reading health books. You could die from a typo.
30. Forgiveness is the scent of violet leaves on the heel that crushed it.
31. I learned a lot of things, so now I have a solid culture. But at first, I didn't have one. At first,t I was ignorant. I felt humiliated because I could never be on stage when the water was flowing, even though I was just eyes and ears. But now I don't care. I did a lot of experiments until I found out that the water only flows upwards in the dark. It's floating in the night. I know this because the pond never empties. And I put my hand in the fire because it would be empty if the water didn't come back at night. It is best to prove things through live experiences. Then you know, from here on out! As long as you depend on suspicions, assumptions, and assumptions, you will never become a man of culture.
32. I have never exercised except for sleep and relaxation.
33. It takes your enemy and your friend together to break your heart: first, to slander you, second, to come and tell you.
34. Man is more complex than a prejudice!
35. The descendants of the rich: pride, vanity, ostentation, arrogance, tyranny.
36. We can defend ourselves against temptations but are too cowardly to do so.
37. Live, love your heart, and smell the flowers.
38. Wrinkles should only show where the smiles were.
39. There is no time; life is so short for quarrels, apologies, jealousy, repro, and aches. It's just time for love and only a moment for her.
40. This new creature with long hair is confusing to me. He always walks me around and follows me. I wouldn't say I like it because I'm not used to society. It was better to stay with the other animals… Today is cloudy weather; the wind is blowing from the east. I think the rain will come on us… "We?" Where else did he get that word? Ah, I remember: the new creature always says so.
41. When you seek to fish for love, set your heart as your bait, not your brain.
42. I vehemently disapprove of duels. If a man provoked me, I would carefully take him by the arm, lead him to a quiet place, and kill him there.
43. Through trials, we can learn to endure adversity. Of other people, obviously.
44. The bed is the most dangerous place in the world: 99% of people die in it.
45. When a teacher calls a student by his full name, that means trouble.
46. There are many ways to resist temptation, but cowardice is safest.
47. If our vote could change anything, no one would let us vote.
48. And The turkey is consideredeacock, but no one cares.
49. When even the brightest mind of our world has been drawn from childhood into a superstition of every kind, that mind will never be able, in adulthood, to examine honestly, without passion, and conscientiously, any evidence. Or a circumstance that would seem to question the validity of that superstition. I doubt I could do it myself.
50. I have higher standards and principles than George Washington. He couldn't lie. I can, but I don't want to.
51. Don't think I'm angry that I swear. I swear all day without being a little sore.
52. Truth is stranger than fiction.
53. Good things come to those who wait for them and do not die in the meantime.
54. Seek love with the heart, not with the head.
55. Religion consists of a set of things in which the commoner has the impression that he believes and of which he would like to be sure.
56. Etiquette demands our admiration for the human race.
57. The fear of life causes the fear of death. A man who lives to the fullest is ready to die anytime.
58. Censorship means telling a man that he can't get a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
59. Consumed in moderation, water cannot hurt!
60. I would like to understand me on the moon ?! Not because I get rid of people, How much… water.
61. Pessimism is just the name that bold people give to wisdom.
62. There is nothing sadder than a young pessimist.
63. I don't give a damn about a man who can say a word in one direction.
64. With a human memory, amazing things can be done if you direct it to a single field of activity.
65. I like criticism, but let it be my way.
66. Do something you don't want to do every day; it's the golden rule if you want to get used to doing your duty without suffering.
67. Time heals wounds, but he's a miserable beautician.
68. People are an eternal problem!
69. I wouldn't say I like to dedicate myself to heaven or hell; I have friends in both locations.
70. The older we get, the greater the astonishment when we see how much ignorance dwells in us without tearing our clothes.
71. I did not attend the funeral but sent them a letter stating that I agreed with her.
72. Animals are best friends. They do not ask questions or criticize.
73. The citizen who considers that the political clothes of his community have worn out and yet keeps silent and does not agitate to give him a new garment - an unfaithful citizen, a traitor.
74. Prosperity is the best defender of principles.
75. Although I have 40 years of experience in the human potluck and vanity field, I have not seen anything resembling the insensibility and self-admiration of this vulgar bastard and incomparable ignorance.
76. Life is straightforward if we think we are all crazy.
77. April 1 is the day that reminds us of how we are in the other 364 days of the year.
78. Do not part with illusions. If they disappear, you will continue to exist but cease to live.
79. The parliamentarian is only an ordinary criminal who makes laws while not in prison for any common law crime.
80. The radical of one period is the conservative of the next. The extreme comes with new visions. Once they fade into importance, the Conservative adopts them.
81. February is the most dangerous month for stock market speculation. The others are January, March, May, July, August, December, October, November, April, June, and September.
82. The journey is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, so many of our people, are in great need of it. Broad, generous, charitable visions of people and things cannot be obtained by vegetating in a small corner of the earth all one's life.
83. Mental and intelligent people are just like any other human being. They carefully and courteously hide their private opinions from others, giving the world only fictitious things.
84. Kings and kingdoms were as numerous in Britain as they had been in Palestine in the days of Joshua when people were forced to sleep with their knees in their mouths because they could not lie down without a passport.
85. There are three things a woman can do out of nothing: a hat, a salad, and a quarrel between husbands.
86. Most people are annoyed by those passages in Scripture that they don't understand, but the courses that bother me are the ones I know.
87. You can be careless with your clothes if that's what you want, but be careful with your soul.
88. The secret to success is to make your vacation.
89. The constitution protects the right to stupidity. This is a guarantee of the free development of the personality.
90. I'm tired of the country where you can't find a crane!
91. I am a sublime naive. Consequently, they are the work of the Lord, and all His creations must be treated with respect.
92. You may experience pain alone but must share the joy of knowing it to the fullest with someone.
93. Prejudice always distorts people's thoughts, feelings, and opinions.
94. Small people have a habit of discouraging you, but big people know how to make you feel that you can too.
95. Fiction must remain within the scope of possibilities. But the truth is not.
96. Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities.
97. Get the facts first; then, you can deform them as you wish.
98. Good friends, good books, and a sleeping conscience: this is the ideal life.
99. Sadness can handle itself, but to be itself, joy needs to be shared with someone.
100. Honesty is the best policy; when it comes to money.
Salvador Dali is a Spanish painter and sculptor, one of the outstanding representatives of surrealism. In addition to his iconic works (“The Persistence of Memory,” “Dream,” “Flaming Giraffe,” etc.), Dali is widely known for provocative statements and actions.
Sayings of an eccentric painter about success, life, and work
Below you will find 30 quotes from the genius artist that show how interesting his life was.
1. “A mind without ambition is like a bird without wings.”
2. “I don't paint portraits so that they look like the object of drawing - over time, people themselves begin to look like their portraits.
3. “Associating with people who have a mindset opposite to mine, as well as being close to them, interests me much more than with those who think about the same things as me.”
4. “The difference between false and real memories is like jewelry. Fake ones are always more realistic and beautiful."
5. “The public, like me, doesn’t need to know if I’m joking or serious.”
6. “Everything changed me, but nothing changed me.”
7. “There is only one difference between a madman and me: a madman thinks he is sane, but I know I am not sane.”
8. "Wars never hurt anyone except people who died"
9. “The secret of my inspiration is that it always remains a secret.”
10. “Drawing is the honesty of the art. The possibility of deception is excluded: either it is “good” or “bad.”
11. “Give me only two hours a day for work, and I will spend the remaining twenty-two in dreams and daydreams.”
12. “Surrealism is destructive. But he destroys only those constraints that limit our vision.
13. "He who does not want to imitate anyone will not create anything."
14. "It's important to spread confusion, not fix it."
15. “You have to create clutter – that releases creativity systematically. Everything is contradictory and creates life."
16. "Little things can happen."
17. “Since I don't smoke, I decided to wear a mustache - it's healthier that way; however, I always took with me an expensive cigarette case with the inscription "Faberge," where, instead of tobacco, several pairs of mustaches in the style of Adolphe Menjou were neatly folded. With all courtesy, I offered them to my friends: “Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?" But no one dared to touch them.”
18. “Mistakes are almost always divine. Never try to fix them. On the contrary: give them a reasonable explanation, and understand them as deeply as possible. And then you will have the opportunity to exalt them "
19. “Don't be afraid of perfection. Because you will never reach it.”
20. “An artist is not at all one who is full of inspiration. An artist is someone who knows how to inspire others.”
21. "The envy of other artists has always served me as a thermometer of my success."
22. “When I was six, I wanted to be a cook; at seven, I wanted to be Napoleon. And since then, my ambitions have only grown.”
23. “The clown is not me, but our cynical and insensitive society, playing seriousness so naively that it helps him to hide his madness in the best way.”
24. “Every morning, when I wake up, I experience the highest pleasure, which today opens before me for the first time: the joy of being Salvador Dali. And I admire myself; what other miracle will this Salvador Dali perform today?
25. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
26. "Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately, it is the one thing that, whatever you do, cannot avoid."
27. "Everything alters me, but nothing changes me."
28. "It is either easy or impossible."
29. "It is important to spread confusion, not eliminate it."
30. "It is not important for the public to know whether I am joking or serious, just as I don't need to know myself."