50 funny NBA All-Star quotes in 2022 that are too hilarious to ignore
This year, the NBA celebrates its 76th anniversary - on November 1, 1946, the first match was played in the Basketball Association of America, in a league that the NBA considers to be its direct and only ancestor.
Over these 75 years, the NBA has gone from a nearly bankrupt, minor tournament in a not the most important sport to a league that is in the top 5 on the planet in terms of revenue, TV ratings, followers on social networks, and the total number of fans.
As delightful as basketball itself is, the NBA owes this leap in popularity to superstars. Which she skillfully promotes both during and at the end of her career - Michael Jordan remains one of the most recognizable athletes today, although he has not played for 18 years, and for the Chicago Bulls since 1998.
The joy of Allen and Dudley, Wall's problems with geography, the surprise of Iguodala, Rodman's statement are among the five most curious quotes of the day in the NBA.
“I want to thank the gentlemen for everything that he did and continues to do. I'm staying with the Grizzlies! "
- Tony Allen, Memphis defender.
For one of the best "personals" of the association, according to overseas publications, at least seven clubs of the strongest league in the world were hunting. However, they were not destined to even smell the prey. So, Tony Allen agreed to a four-year contract with Memphis in the amount of $ 20 million. Have you made a bargain? Unlikely. After all, excellent recoil in your own half of the court does not negate passivity in attack. In addition, this agreement will allow the collective to sign one or two performers thanks to various kinds of exceptions - and still not pay the luxury tax.
“I won't lie - I'm excited about the opportunity to play closer to home. If I was allowed to choose any team in the NBA in which I would like to pursue a career, it would be the Clippers. It's time to get down to business! "
- Jared Dudley, Clippers quarterback.
July has begun extremely merrily, gentlemen! So the Clippers and Phoenix, with the symbolic help of Milwaukee, made an interesting deal. According to it, Dudley and Reddick went to Los Angeles, Bledsoe and Caron Butler went to Arizona. Finally, the Bucks secured two picks in the second round of the draft. Whatever one may say, the team from the City of Angels turned out to be a clear winner.
The arrival of two top-notch snipers will diversify the squad's attack and take some of the burden off Paul and Crawford. As for the Suns, firstly, together with the trade, they took about six million extra million in payment. Secondly, we have replenished with one of the most overrated players of our time.
At least Butler looks like a bargain, but who knows how much more injury-prone performer over the course of his career will be able to perform at a high level. As for Milwaukee, the squad out of the blue (the team was not going to sign a new contract with Redik anyway) got two draft picks. In the second round, of course, but it's better than nothing.
"Wow! Are they serious? Well, there will be additional motivation ",
- Andre Iguodala, defender / forward.
This is how Iguodala reacted to the Sacramento proposal. So, the Kings are ready to put as much as 52 million greens on the table for a four-year contract with Andre. The amount that surprised the player himself. Well, the Kings continue to collect defenders (although in California Iguodala would probably play as a light forward). At the same time, Andre would become the only basketball player of the team working out in his half of the court. The only question is, will the former Philadelphia player agree to go to an organization with a not very good reputation (the “Bermuda triangle” of basketball talents) even for that kind of money?
"I've never been outside the States"
- John Wall, Washington Defender.
Oh, those overseas athletes. Like grown children. In the ability to handle the ball to the representatives of the NBA, of course, you will not refuse. But basketball skill does not eliminate the gaps in education. And if it would be nice for Shabazz Muhammad to pull up mathematics, then John Wall is just right to get acquainted with the basics of geography. So, the other day the playmaker said that he had never been outside the United States in his life. But in which country does he think Toronto is located? The defender has already played with the Raptors there six times! Sure, John didn’t look his best in those games (only converting 39% of shots for the field), resulting in Washington losing five out of six games, but is that a good reason to ignore Canada as a country? However, another option is also possible. Maybe Wall is just a pathological liar.
“The fact is, he never launched the bombs. Not to South Korea, not to the Hawaiian Islands ... anywhere, in general. People say he's the worst guy in the world. But Kim told me he didn't want to fight America. Moreover, he just wants to talk to Barack Obama about basketball. Unfortunately, Obama wants nothing to do with him. But I ask, Mr. President, what's wrong with a regular phone call? It's a new age, man. Come on, Obama, reach out to Kim and become his friend.
My task is to break the ice between the warring countries. Why exactly I should smooth out sharp corners, I do not understand. It's not my job to guard us. This is Obama's job. But I’ll tell you this: if I don’t finish in the top three candidates for the Nobel Peace Prize, something is really going wrong, ”
- Dennis Rodman, former NBA player.
The truth-teller of all America again came to the fore. That is how he is, Mr. Rodman. She feeds on human attention, like the wife of an oligarch - on fur coats. Another loud statement by Worm: he is worthy of the Nobel Prize. On the one hand, it's funny, given the shocking appearance and dubious past. On the other hand, why not? At least in terms of dialogue with North Korea, Rodman certainly did more than thousands of ministers in suits. So maybe it would be worth rewarding Dennis for his work?
6. What is love? Love is to play every game as if it were the last. ”-Michael Jordan.
7. “He said that both Dean and I strive to achieve the same thing in different ways. Coach Smith is the master of the quadrangle attack, and Coach Knight is the master of the four-letter word. "- Michael Jordan
8. “I Can Accept Failure, But I Never Take Action” - Michael Jordan
9. “I never thought about the consequences of a decisive shot. When you think about the consequences, you think about the negative outcome. "- Michael Jordan
10. “I have always believed that if you work hard, you will certainly have a result. I don't do anything without enthusiasm. Because I know it will have negative consequences. "- Michael Jordan
11. “I've missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I have missed almost 300 games. When I took the decisive shot, I didn't always hit. I have failed many times in my life. This is why I succeed. "- Michael Jordan
12. “When you go to your goal, there is an obstacle in your way. I came across them, everyone came across. But obstacles shouldn't stop you. When faced with a wall, do not turn back, do not retreat. Find a way to overcome this barrier, work on it. "- Michael Jordan
13. “Just a game. Enjoy the game. " - Michael Jordan
14. “The game is my wife. It requires loyalty and responsibility. She gives me a sense of calm and peace. "- Michael Jordan
15. “To be successful, you have to be selfish. Otherwise, you will not achieve anything. Once you get to the top of your goal, become selfless. Stay in touch with others, do not put yourself above others. "- Michael Jordan
16. “Everyone dreams of being the next Michael Jordan. I have to prove that I am still myself Michael Jordan "- Michael Jordan
17. “I am leaving this game in good hands. There are so many new stars now. I pass on to them what I received from Dr. Jay, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird. I am passing this on to these stars and to all the other NBA players now. I want to thank you for your support. Now I can go home with a light heart. "- Michael Jordan
18. “We can't stop him. Nobody can't stop him "- Paul Westphal about Jordan
19. “I hope the guys who started with me at the Military Academy in 65 watched the game today and told their grandchildren: I was there when that son of a bitch won for the first time” - Bobby Knight
Arnold "Red" Auerbach once said, "The Boston Celtics are not just a basketball team, they are a way of life."
20. Wilt Chamberlain: “I felt like I had the talent to do great things on the basketball court. I couldn't do everything I wanted, because if it weren't for the circumstances, I would have won every game. "
21. Bill Russell: “Wilt was my greatest opponent. I will not even name a player who was at least approximately equal in level of talent. "
22. Wilt Chamberlain: “Basketball is a team game. I was lucky to play during a fantastic basketball time. There was a different type of game, we played more technically. I was a different kind of athlete for that time. "
23. Jerry West, former Lakers quarterback and Basketball Hall of Famer: “The irony about Wilt was that he never seemed relaxed or cheerful. After he retired from basketball, it seems like he really relaxed. Most of all this has to do with the fact that he was Wilt Chamberlain, and no one will take this property away from him. I think these things worried him all his life. It's hard to be a giant. "
24. “We were just the best team in basketball history,” Chamberlain said.
25. “It was a great game until Dwyane Wade decided to decide everything in his favor. And it was all decided "- Spurs head coach Greg Popovich on Dwayne Wade, who scored 18 of 26 points in the fourth quarter, while Miami beat San Antonio 100-85.
“Most guys in this League play through pain. They must play "
26. “Last year, he was so 'hungry' for a ball in a triangle that it came down to a line rather than a geometric shape. Kobe is against everyone. Now he accepts his partners, his role in the system, ”said one scout of the Eastern Conference team.
27. “You hit - you win, you miss - you lose. We got it "- Suns head coach Mike D'Anthony
28. “Have you seen And1 Tour on TV? It ruins the game for a generation of children, convincing them that it is basketball. This is not basketball. This is pure entertainment. This is not bad for its specific purpose. But that won't help the US team reclaim their spot at the top of the basketball world. It won't help develop the game. ”- Basketball Hall of Famer Calvin Murphy.
29. “I never go out on the court unsure that I am the best among all the players. Except for one case. 2 games of the 1993 NBA Finals in Phoenix. We lost 1 game, then I was determined to do everything, literally everything, in order to bring the team into the 2 game with a victory. I got 42 points and Michael just didn't let me win. I looked at him and thought, “Damn it, he's better than me. He's better than anyone on the court ”/ Take my word for it: No one has ever played better than Michael.” - Charles Barkley.
30. “It's good to win away. It becomes quiet in the stands - like in a church "- Chauncey Billups
31. "The Limit Can Only Be Clouds" - Stephen Jackson.
32. "Some fear the last Shot - Others live for It".
33. “O'Neill is so big that it's hard to beat him in the first step. Wherever you go, he's already there. ”- Chris Kaman.
34. “That play was:“ Give the ball to Michael and everyone else get the @ ## @ #% out of the way ”-Chicago Bulls head coach Doug Collins, on“ The Shot ”
35. “I've reached the pinnacle of my career. I just feel that I don’t have anything else to prove ”
-Michael Jordan, announcing on October 6, 1993 his retirement from the Chicago Bulls
36. "I'm back" - Michael Jordan, announcing on March 18, 1995 his return to the Chicago Bulls
37. If you don't know the fundamentals of basketball, then you can't play. You think you can. A street player always thinks he can play until he gets in there with me or someone else ”- Michael Jordan
38. “I think with my experience and ability to be a leader on and off the court, I can help Phoenix. The team already has an excellent line-up. But Phoenix sometimes has problems in matches with some opponents. I think that with my appearance, we will look good in the game with any opponent. ”- Shaquille.
39. “I've heard a lot of talk about my health and age. So, you will be surprised. The team needs someone who can ignite. I will rock, pick up rebounds so that Nash and the others do what they can. ”- Shaquille.
40. “Nothing hurts me anymore. If you want to take an exam, you will see that for my age I have a wonderful body. I had some problems with my hip, but the doctors assured me that everything would be fine. ”- Shaquille O'Neal
41. “I'm not in the mood right now. In such cases, the new championship helps me the best ”- Shaquille O'Neal
42. “I know that LeBron hates me when I beat him,” chuckled Carmelo Anthony, who won a face-to-face duel against LeBron James.
43. "We're the best! Do not doubt! I know that for sure! If anything, look at me and believe - everything will work out! " - Kobe Bright
44. “The first reason is Kobe. First, I asked to patronize him one-on-one, then I tied two to him. Needless to say, three could not contain Bryant. "Zone", personal protection ... He bypassed everything. Nothing worked. Kobe just settled on the free throw line. He is a great player, and great players have matches like this. There are many matches like that. ”- Avery Johnson
45. “He's not a basketball player. Like me, he is a basketball player. ”- Bill Russell on Kevin Garnett.
46. “If you look, there are about 400 players in the NBA. Only four hundred! Four hundred from all over the world! " - Andrey Kirilenko
47. "Love mo or hate me" - Kobe
48. "That's my fault. When we hit free throws, it's my fault. Lost both games - too. Blame me. It is my fault that we fouled at a crucial moment of the game. It's my fault that a couple of people in the lower ranks ordered a Heiniken and they got a Budweiser. Sorry. And I'm serious. These are all my mistakes. Sans "merged" two games - McGrady is to blame. This is how I feel. Accusations from all sides. "- Tracy McGrady
49. “I picture Michael Jordan sitting on the couch watching our episode with envy. He was never allowed what LeBron James is now getting. He had to make his way to the ring through blows and jolts. That is why he is considered the best basketball player in the history of the game. "- Sam Cassel
50. "Offence wins Games, Defense wins Titles".-Magic Johnson
The 2022 NBA All-Star Game is an exhibition basketball game that will take place in Cleveland, Ohio on February 20, 2022 at the Cleveland Cavaliers' home arena, Rocket Mortage Fieldhouse. This game will mark the 71st All-Star Game in NBA history. The city played host to the All-Star Game in 1981 at the Colisium at Richfield and 1997 at the Queeken Loans Arena.
The original All-Star format did not change from the previous time. Voting leaders among fans, journalists and players from each conference will serve as team captains. Each captain first chooses the starting five players, and then the substitutes. The captain can select a player to his team from any conference.
The coaches for the NBA All-Star Game are those coaches whose teams have the highest win rates in each conference based on statistics as of February 3, 2022. However, the NBA rule states that a coach who has already coached an all-star team last year cannot be selected this year, even if his team has the best winning percentage in their conference. Therefore, Doc Rivers and Queen Snyder could not be selected.
Bemorepanda prepared some funny memes.
1.The picture speaks itself
3.Bron and AD
The composition of the teams is determined in two ways. Teams' starting fives are determined by voting among fans, NBA players and NBA journalists. When voting in the starting five, two back-row players and three front-row players must be selected. Fans will be able to vote for any NBA player once a day. NBA journalists and players will be able to vote once. Players have the right to vote for themselves and their teammates. The voting itself will begin on December 25, 2021 and end on January 20, 2022.
The substitutes are determined by voting among the head coaches of the teams of the respective conference. A coach is not allowed to vote for his team's players. The reserve players of the team are recruited from two defenders, three front-line players and two players, regardless of the role.
If a player is injured, the NBA commissioner determines his replacement from the same conference as the basketball player who will not be able to take part in the all-star game. If a basketball player of the starting five is injured, the head coach chooses from among the reservists the player who will be released from the first minutes of the match.
8.Look at your team
10.Losing to him
11.Kobe has the ball
14.My own pelican
17.Ex at the game
18.Two cool players
25.An A cause
26.Ready to go home
29.You mad Kobe?
32.When you realize
36.Jerome in the house
38.Hey what’s up
39.Low top Jordans
42.Buy a drink
43.The one you like
45.Done with him
47.Out of all his movies
50.You like your Earth?
The 2021-2022 NHL Championship is the 105th season of the National Hockey League (NHL). The regular season kicked off on October 12, 2021 and will run through April 2022, followed by the Stanley Cup playoff series.
This season, the NHL has added a new Seattle club, the Seattle Kraken, bringing 32 clubs to the 2021-2022 Championship - 7 from Canada and 25 from the United States. The Seattle Kraken play in the Pacific Division of the Eastern Conference and the Arizona Coyotes have moved to the Central Division.
Thus, this season, the league returned to its usual divisions, each of which now has 8 teams and a division into the Western and Eastern Conferences (due to restrictions last season, there were virtually no conferences and the Canadian Division was created).
During the regular season 2021-2022, all clubs play 82 matches (last season only 56), each team will play each at least twice. The match calendar includes a break for the 2022 Olympics from February 4th to 22nd.
Bemorepanda collected some funny memes about the new season.
1.The Islanders have fans
2.All I want
3.Like a boss
The National Hockey League is a professional sports organization that brings together the hockey teams of the United States and Canada. Nowadays, most experts recognize the NHL as one of the strongest on the planet. It should be noted that at the moment it is one of the main sports leagues in North America, along with the NBA, NFL and Major League Baseball. The league was formed on November 26, 1917, and on December 19, 1917, the first season began, uniting only 4 teams.
By the end of the 1930/1931 season, a total of 10 teams were playing in the NHL, vying each year for the league's top prize, the Stanley Cup. Originally, the Stanley Cup was played between the winner of the NHL and the winner of the Western professional hockey leagues, and since 1926 the Cup has become the full property of the NHL. However, the Great Depression, and various financial difficulties after it, dealt a severe blow to the league and the NHL was reduced to six teams. These teams, which have played in the league for 25 years since 1942, are still known as the "Big Six" (Original Six) - "Montreal Canadiens", "Toronto Maple Leafs", "Detroit Red Wings", "Boston Bruins", New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks.
4.A 5 dollar
5.Only Patrick here
6.Every time I make a save
7.I become anything
In the mid-1960s, teams began to emerge in the minor leagues, especially from the western United States, that could compete with the NHL teams. The strengthening of the Western Hockey League, which experts predicted its transformation into a league equal in strength to the NHL, as well as financial considerations prompted the NHL in 1967 to undertake the first expansion since the 1920s. Six more teams were admitted to the league, which formed a new division. They were the Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, Minnesota North Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Oakland Seals and Pittsburgh Penguins. Three years later, the Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabers joined the league.
In 1972, the World Hockey Association (WHA) was formed. Although the WHA never submitted a proposal to the NHL for a joint Stanley Cup, everyone recognized the league's strength and considered it a worthy competitor to the NHL. In this regard, the NHL decided to urgently continue its expansion policy and added the New York Islanders and Atlanta Flames to the league in 1972, and the Kansas City Scouts and Washington Capitals two years later.
8.Pulling 2 teeth
However, the increase in the number of teams in the league caused a decrease in the overall level of the game. These leagues fought for strong players until the collapse of the WHA in 1979. Four WHA teams have joined the NHL: Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordics, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. The Edmonton Oilers are currently the last team from the WHA to continue to be based in the same city where they were based. Quebec Nordics, Winnipeg Jets and Hartford Whalers have now changed their name and moved to other cities.
The NHL has continued to expand, and since the 2000/2001 season, the number of teams in the league has increased to its current maximum of 30 teams from 29 cities in the United States and Canada. Of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League, 7 are in Canada and 23 are in the United States. All NHL clubs have their own "farm clubs" - the so-called subsidiary teams, where hockey players who have failed to break into the main team play.
At the moment, the NHL has the following structure: there are two conferences in the NHL, each with three divisions, and each division with five teams. In the regular season, each team plays 82 games - 41 home and 41 away, each team playing at least one game with every other team in the league. The team gets two points for winning, the team gets one point for losing in overtime or in shootouts, and none for losing in regular time. At the end of the regular season, the team with the most points in its division becomes the division champion (points from games with all teams are taken into account, not just the teams of its division). Division winners and top 5 other teams from each conference advance to the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
18.The floor is lava
23.Grinds my gear
25.I play hockey
26.I got a cup
27.Brain on check
29.I have an army
31.The sea creators
35.For the record
39.Dollar beer night
45.Four to one
48.Everywhere I go
50.Kraken are in the metagame
In American football, the title of the final game for the title of champion of the National Football League (NFL) of the United States of America. The game and its accompanying celebration over the years, Super Bowl Sunday, has become a de facto national holiday in the United States.
The Super Bowl is generally the most watched television event of the year in the United States, with many companies spending millions of dollars on in-match advertising. This caused the start of the game to shift later and later to capture Sunday night prime time on the US East Coast. The game ended before sunset for the last time in January 1977 in Super Bowl XI.
Super Bowl are magic words for Americans. As a spell, all of America pronounces them on the eve of the main sporting event of the year. Long before the start of the game, all tickets are instantly sold out, for which the lucky ones at the box office of the stadium lay out very decent money - $ 150-200. Well, whoever is unlucky will take more than a thousand dollars from that on the black market, the “scalp removers” - as the local speculators are called here.
The most popular magazine "Time" called the day of the "Super Bowl" - the biggest time-out in America. Indeed, the streets of most of the country's cities are emptying, and the entire nation sits down in front of televisions to watch the thrilling game live. The matches draw an audience of 125 million spectators, or almost one in two US residents, 750 million fans watched from overseas. TV companies from 70 countries of the world were reporting live from the stadium.
1. Joe Theismann, former Washington Redskins: “There are no geniuses in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein. ”
2. Torrin Polk, Wide Receiver of the University of Houston. When asked about the coach of the team, he replied: “He makes men out of us. He allows us to wear earrings. "
3. Former New Orleans Saints running back George Rogers: “I want to run 1000 or 1500 yards. It depends on what mark I will reach faster. "
4. Houston Oilers Coach Bill Petterson: “Guys, I want you to think about just one word all season. One and only one word - Super Bowl. "
5. Former linebacker Dick Batkus (Chicago Bears): "I never wanted to intentionally hurt anyone, unless it was something like a League match."
6. Wide Receiver Jerry Rice (San Francisco 49ers): "I feel like I'm the best, but you won't make me say that."
7. Michael Logsdon: “There will always be hope in this country as long as Monday Night Football is watched more than Friends.
In China, where American football is also not very well known, matches attract 300 million TV viewers. Broadcasts are also being made in the White House. In other years, when American spaceships were in Earth orbit, astronauts at sky-high heights also enjoyed a great game. Perhaps, in the world there is no other similar match in team sports, which would annually attract not only in America, but throughout the world as much of the audience as the Super Bowl.
Many popular singers and musicians performed before the start of the game and during the ceremonies between the second and third quarters. Game Day is the second most food consumed day after Thanksgiving. As a rule, the US anthem is played before the start of each match.
Advertising during the NFL finals is the most expensive in the world. Therefore, most car brands here do not advertise themselves directly, but their own values.
On the night of February 8, in the National Football League final, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs and won the Super Bowl for the second time in their history. The main NFL game has a multimillion-dollar audience, and therefore advertising during these meetings is the most expensive in the world.
8. Don Meredith (Dallas Cowboys) about his coach: "Tom Landry is such a perfectionist that if he marries Dolly Parton (a famous country singer), he will ask her to cook something for lunch."
9. Randy Cross (San Francisco 49ers): "The NFL, like life, is full of idiots."
10. Joe Namath, former NY Jets quarterback: "When you win, it doesn't hurt."
11. Tim Wrightman (Chicago Bears) on his team: "The Bears are so tough that after the quarterback sack they follow his family to the stands."
12. Joe Jacoby (Washington Redskins): "I'll hit my own mom on my way to the Super Bowl." He was echoed by teammate Matt Millen: "To win, I'll knock Joe's mom down too."
13. Dan Fouts (San Diego Chargers): "Now that I'm done with football, I want to say that all defensive linemen are women."
The best commercials for automotive brands that were shown during the broadcast. Some of them are real art.
It would seem, why attack Norway? But this is what actor Will Ferrell does in his GM commercial.
Ferrell at the beginning of the video asks if viewers know which country sells the most electric cars. He shows Norway on the map and breaks the globe with the words that he will not tolerate such a thing. The actor gets into the car - an electric car Cadillac Lyriq - calls for help from comedian Keenan Thompson, singer Aquafina, and goes with them to Norway.
True, they travel different paths and end up confusing countries: Ferrell ends up in Sweden, and his friends in Finland.
In the end, Will Ferrell promises Norway that they will come after her, meaning the US and US plans to overtake Scandinavia in terms of the number of electric vehicles per capita - just recently GM changed its logo, which symbolizes the reformatting of the brand towards the production of electric vehicles. GM currently has just one electric car, the Chevy Bolt EV, but plans to expand its electric lineup to 30 by 2025.
Ford also did not directly advertise any particular model and instead offered to unite around the fight against coronavirus. The video turned out to be social and aimed rather at maintaining the reputation of the automaker.
In a one-minute video, the American company told how important it is to take care of each other in this difficult time, and how our loved ones need help. In the description, the authors noted that Ford was one of the first automakers to soften antiquity measures in their factories and switch to developing protective measures in automobiles.
In addition, Ford donated 120 million masks to communities and organizations in need.
14. Mike Ditka (Chicago Bears) in his usual manner: “Do you know how a three week old puppy differs from a sports journalist? At six months, the puppy stops whining. "
15. Bum Phillips (San Diego Chargers, New Orleans Saints): "If I die tomorrow, at least I will know that I died healthy."
“I had more sex in Serie B than I do now. There is more time left for that. " Gianluigi Buffon.
17. “Football coaches are like fish. Over time, they start to whine. " Giovanni Trapattoni.
18. “If I had to choose: go through four players and score a goal for Liverpool from 30 yards or go to bed with Miss World, it would be a difficult choice. Fortunately, I had both. " George Best.
19. “David Beckham cannot play with his left foot, cannot play with his head, does not tackle and scores little. Otherwise, he's fine. " George Best.
20. “When was the closest I made love to the start of the match? Actually, it was during a break. " George Best.
The promotional video from Jeep turned out to be no less social. In it, the company recalled how important freedom is and that it is it that unites people.
The video filmed the Jeep CJ-5 model, which was produced from 1961 to 1983 and is considered a classic.
“Jeep kicks off matchday with a reminder that we are stronger than the obstacles that stand in our way. Remember everything that unites us as Americans, ”- written in the description of the video on YouTube.
The company noted that for 80 years the Jeep name has always been associated with freedom, authenticity, adventure and passion. So the authors let us know that the cars of this brand are intended for those who dream and go to their dreams.
The American subsidiary of Japanese Toyota told the story of Jessica Long, a 13-time Paralympic gold medalist, in a commercial.
Jessica was born in Siberia, her name was Tatiana Kirillova. Her parents left her in the hospital - the girl was born without small shin bones. Adopted by her American parents at 13 months, she is now a 23-time Paralympic medalist.
Toyota uses this story to tell that each of us has hope and strength for everything we want to do.
21. “Mom said that I was the best. And I never argue with my mother. " Diego Maradona.
22. "A match without a goal is like love without a kiss." Jose Altafini.
23. “Do not consider me arrogant, because what I say is true. I am a European champion. It means that I am not like everyone else. I am special". Jose Mourinho.
24. “If I wanted an easy life, I would stay at Porto. A beautiful blue chair, the Champions Cup, God, and right after God - me. " Jose Mourinho.
25. “Are we playing bored? I do not care. We are winning. " Jose Mourinho.
26. “Football is no longer a game. This is an industry. " Zdenek Zeman.
27. “I don’t drink. I only make exceptions when I win the title with Glasgow Rangers. Therefore, people think that I am an alcoholic. " Ian Ferguson.
28. "Football is simple, but it's difficult to play." Johan Cruyff.
29. “I have done very well with some of the responsibilities of England coach. But not with the part where the players win the matches. " Kevin Keegan, former England coach.
30. “Before my debut for Besiktas, a lamb was stabbed on the field and my forehead was anointed with its blood. It's for luck. For some reason they didn’t do that in England ”. Ferdinand Forest.
31. “The worst part of being a soccer player? Interview". Lionel Messi.
32. “It’s an honor to wear a Liverpool shirt number 7. She makes me think of the legends of the club: Dalglish, Keegan and that guy from Australia. " Luis Suarez.
33. “You need to run all the time. Any player, in any situation, has many reasons to start running. But there is no reason why a footballer could stay in one place on the field. " Marcelo Bielsa.
34. “I dreamed of playing in pink boots since childhood. But now I understand that boots encrusted with diamonds are even cooler. " Niklas Bendtner.
35. "How could anyone even think that the team would be better without me?" Paolo Di Canio.
36. "I want to end every match dripping with sweat and blood." Paolo Di Canio
37. “I'm still not used to England. Not only does it rain all the time, but food is a real disaster. " Patrice Evra.
38. “Who would I be if I didn’t become a footballer? A virgin. " Peter Crouch.
39. When Paul Ince played with a bandage on his head, he looked like a glass of Guinness. Paul Gascoigne.
40. "I love tackles more than sex." Paul Ins.
41. “The most beautiful goal in football was scored by Maradona. But such a goal can only be scored by the British. " Omar Sivori.
42. “Unsuccessfully prepared? Prepare for failure. " Roy Keane.
43. "Football as a woman: a little irrational." Silvio Berlusconi.
44. “I did not watch the England vs. Argentina match at the 1998 World Cup. It was late and I had to go to bed. " Theo Walcott.
45. “When I was young, I tried to do what others asked of me. Now I'm doing what the game requires. " Thierry Henry.
46. “I'm not a modern coach. I bought a computer five years ago. Until I figured out how this thing turns on. " Harry Redknapp.
47. “It can be difficult with foreign players. Often they are not interested in golf and horse racing. Some don't even drink. " Harry Redknapp.
48. “One title won with Roma is worth ten won with Juventus or Real Madrid. Francesco Totti.
49. "Raymond Domenech is the worst coach of the French national football team since Louis XVI." Eric Cantona.
50. “Do I regret hitting that fan? I wish I had hit him harder. " Eric Cantona.
The Stanley Cup is the most famous sports trophy in the world. The goblet is a huge silver vase with a massive cylindrical base 89.54 centimeters (35.25 inches) high and weighs 15.5 kilograms. No trophy in professional sports, other than the Stanley Cup, is engraved with the names of all the players, coaches, managers, and technical staff of the team that won the title.
Originally, the Cup was a decorative bowl made of silver, 18.5 centimeters (7.28 inches) high and 29 centimeters (11.42 inches) in diameter. Until 1924, the appearance of additional rings to the bowl and their filling proceeded in a "chaotic" mode. At first, additional rings appeared on the bowl with the engraved name of the team and the year of its championship. In 1907, the Montreal Wanderers were the first club to have their team's name printed on the inside of the ball, as well as engraving the names of all of their team's players.
For unknown reasons, many clubs simply did not engrave their team names on the bowl, and in three cases the names were incorrectly recorded - this was in 1915, 1916 and 1918, when teams winning their championships put their names on the Cup despite the fact that it has already been played under the new system between the champions of the National Hockey Association (NHA) and the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA).
Bemorepanda collected more interesting facts about Stanley Cup Finals
1. The cup was also a prize for the winner of the league in which the champion team played.
2. The cup does not become the property of the champion team, but was only transferred to it for a while.
3. The trustees of the Cup have the right of the last word in any dispute related to the presentation of the Cup.
4. Contenders for the Cup must win the championship of their league.
5. Series of matches for the possession of the Stanley Cup must consist of one-, two- or three-match series by mutual agreement of the contenders.
Since 1924, it has become an annual tradition for teams to put on their names and the names of all their players. As a result, the cup became too bulky and, due to its similarity to a chimney, was called the "Chimney Cup" (Stovepipe Cup). In 1948, it was decided to redesign the Cup and take into account all the mistakes and shortcomings made in the early years. In 1958, the Cup underwent minor changes and since that time has a modern design. In 1991, when there was no room for names on the Cup hoops, they were removed and placed in the Hall of Fame, replaced with clean ones. All of the old tapes are in the Hall except for one: the tape with the names of the Boston players of the 1928/1929 season is missing.
Prior to 1977, only players who played in the Stanley Cup playoffs were eligible to have their name immortalized on the Cup. Currently, in order for a player's name to be engraved on the Stanley Cup, they must have played at least 41 games in the NHL regular season (and must be on the team when it wins the Cup) or play at least one game in the Stanley Cup Finals . However, since 1994, teams have been allowed to petition the NHL commissioner to be allowed to engrave a player's name, who reviews various specific cases and circumstances that prevented players from being immortalized on the Stanley Cup. So in 1998, the Detroit Red Wings received special permission from the NHL to engrave the name of Vladimir Konstantinov, whose career ended after a car accident on June 13, 1997.
6. All matches were to be played at the applicants' home arenas, although the Cup custodians had the right to set the date and time of the matches.
7. If the applicants for the Cup do not agree with the appointment of judges for the series, then the guardians have the right to appoint any referee.
8. Tickets for matches must be equally distributed among the applicant teams.
9. The league cannot qualify for the Cup twice in a season.
10. The champion team is obliged to return the Cup to the guardians in good condition and when they request it.
11. The champion team has the right to add a commemorative inscription about their victory to the silver circle of the Cup.
It is also worth noting that an interesting fact is that 12 women were honored to engrave their names on the Stanley Cup, and it takes 13 years to fill in the teams of champions of each Cup ring. The Stanley Cup winning team has the right to take the trophy for 100 days at its disposal. Since 1994, each of the hockey players who won the Cup has the right to take it to his home for one day and dispose of it at his own discretion within 24 hours.
Unknown to many, there are actually three versions of the Stanley Cup - the original Cup, a certified replica of the Stanley Cup, and a replica of the Stanley Cup. The original Bowl, bought by Lord Stanley and awarded to the champion until 1970, is kept in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto. In 1963, one of the walls of the original was worn out and damaged, then NHL President Clarence Campbell decided to get a certified copy of the Cup, the production of which was kept secret and the copy of the Cup was not known until three years later. A certified copy of the Stanley Cup is also called a presentation or "Presentation Cup" (Presentation Cup), since it is this version that is used at ceremonies and handed over to hockey players after the final series of the playoffs. A certified copy is stored in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto, being an exhibition exhibit only, and the Cup holders have the right only to touch it. Traveling is a replica of the Stanley Cup, which was created in 1993 and is used as an inductee in the Hockey Hall of Fame whenever the "Performance Cup" is used at any celebrations and is not available for display. An exact copy can be distinguished from a certified copy only by the seal of the Hall of Fame, which is located on the underside of the base of the Cup. There is another difference: there are no grammatical errors on an exact copy of the Cup, unlike a certified copy, on which errors were made, both grammatical in the spelling of player names and team names, and curious ones - in 1984, Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington includes to the list of winners of his father Basil, who is not connected with the team in any way and his name is engraved on the Cup.
12. In 1896 "Winnipeg Victorias" for the first time drinking champagne from the Stanley Cup won - a century-old tradition that has preserved to this day.
13. In 1920, victory celebrations end with a brawl between the Ottawa Senators and the Stanley Cup players lying in the gutter all night.
14. In 1932, the Stanley Cup was first awarded immediately after the end of the final on the ice hockey rink.
15. On March 24, 1936, the match between the Detroit Red Wings and the Montreal Maroons took place, which became the longest match in the history of the Stanley Cup.
16. The first and only puck in this match was abandoned by the players, “Detroit” only in the 17th minute of the sixth (!) Additional period.
17. The match began at half past nine in the evening and ended at half past three in the night. The meeting lasted 176 minutes 30 seconds of pure time.
18. In 1950, for the first time, Detroit Red Wings captain Ted Lindsey lifted the Stanley Cup over his head and swept it around the rink.
19. So another tradition appeared - each member of the team, starting with the captain, makes a circle of honor around the site, holding the Cup over his head.
20. In 1961, a Montreal fan wanted to steal the Cup from a display case in a stadium in Chicago. He broke the glass, but was captured by security.
Then in court he said: "Your Honor, I just wanted to return the Cup back to Montreal, where it belongs."
21. In 1962, celebrating their victory, the Toronto players dropped the Stanley Cup into the fire, the Cup was badly damaged and restored at the expense of the team.
22. In 1968, after the assassination of prominent black rights activist Martin Luther King, three 1/4 playoff series were canceled at once.
23. The pause caused by mourning lasted 2 days.
24. In 1970, one of the rings of the stand disappeared from the Hockey Hall of Fame. He was found later in the yard of the nearest dry cleaners.
25. In 1980, after the presentation of the first Stanley Cup by the New York Islanders, Brian Trottier took the trophy home and settled into bed with it.
He later told a reporter, "I just wanted to wake up and see him around."
26. In 1982, Clark Gillies filled the Cup with dog food so that his dog could celebrate the New York Islanders' third consecutive championship.
27. In 1984, Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington included his father, Basil, who had nothing to do with the team, as one of the winners.
His name is engraved on the Cup, and when the NHL notices a "mistake", they are ordered to replace the ring, but the "error" is not corrected on the certified copy of the Cup.
28. In 1986, the Cup sinks into the pond of Patrick Roy, from where one of the fans got it.
29. In 1987, Edmonton Oilers players take the Stanley Cup with them to a strip bar.
30. In 1991, the legendary Mario Lemieux tied a heavy Cup to his leg and threw it into the pool.
Of course, the athlete, like a tugboat, flies after him. As a result, the trophy is torn into two parts and then restored for a long time.
31. In 1992, for the first time in the history of Stanley Cup matches, the result was determined by watching a video replay.
32. Doubt caused a throw, as it turned out to assist, the Russian striker “Detroit” Sergei Fedorov, who shook the gates of “Minnesota” in overtime.
33. In 1993, for the first time, the captain of the team did not raise the Stanley Cup first from the team, but passed it to another member of the team.
Thus, the captain of “Montreal” Guy Karbanno honored the merits of Denis Savard, who during his career did not even have a chance to play in the Cup final.
34. None of the 7 free throws awarded in the history of the Cup finals were taken.
Last on the list is Pavel Bure, who failed to outplay New York Rangers goaltender Mike Richter in 1994.
35.In 1996, Sylvain Lefevre christens his daughter in the cup.
36. In 1998, the Cup receives some recognition from prime-time TV: in the television series The Simpsons, Krusty the Clown vomits into it.
37. In 1998, the captain of “Detroit” Steve Yzerman did not lift the Cup over his head, but passes it to Vladimir Konstantinov, whose career was cut short.
38. The Detroit Red Wings received special permission from the NHL to engrave the name of Vladimir Konstantinov, who was involved in a car accident, on the Stanley Cup.
39. In 1999, Finn Jere Lehtinen decides to attach the trophy to his national traditions and takes a steam bath with it.
40. In 2000, New Jersey Devils goaltender Martin Brodeur takes the Stanley Cup to the movies, where he fills it with popcorn.
41. In 2001, Colorado's captain won the Cup and captain Joe Sakic passed it on to Ray Burke.
For Bourque, this was the last game of his 22-year NHL career and the only Stanley Cup to be won.
42. Not a single "dry" series in the 2002 playoffs - 16 teams participated in the Cup, which played 90 matches.
This happened only once - in 1959, when the Cup was contested by 4 teams who played a total of 18 matches.
43. In 2002, the Cup came to Asia for the first time. Detroit Red Wings forward Pavel Datsyuk brings him to his native Yekaterinburg.
44. Only 2 times in history, in 1919 and in 2005, the Stanley Cup did not find its owner - in 1919, due to the flu epidemic, the final series was interrupted.
And in 2005, the Stanley Cup was not played due to the lockout, because the players' association (NHLPA) did not agree with the pay cut proposed by the NHL.
45. Toronto Maple Leafs (1942 - final), New York Islanders (1975 - 1/4 finals), Philadelphia Flyers (2010 - 1/4 finals).
Three teams losing 0-3 in the National Hockey League playoffs and eventually winning the series 4-3.
Moreover, “Philadelphia” failed “double comeback” – in the seventh match of the series, she bounced back from a score of 0-3, set by the 15th minute of the first period.
46. In 1915, the Cup began to bear its usual name for us - the Stanley Cup. The fight for the trophy was now between the champions of the National Hockey Association (NHA) and the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA). The meetings took place in March after the end of the regular seasons of both leagues, and the venue for the decisive matches changed from year to year - one season in the East, the other in the West. Moreover, due to the differences in the rules of the NHA and PCHA, it was decided that the game rules would alternate from game to game.
47. On November 26, 1916, the National Hockey League (NHL) was formed to replace the National Hockey Association (NHA). The purpose of the formation, the NHL, was to get rid of the team from Toronto, or rather from its owner, who was pretty annoying to everyone. The following entered the league: Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanders, Ottawa Senators, Toronto Arenas (the owner of the team had already changed by that time) and the Quebec Bulldogs club, which took part in the league only two seasons later due to his financial problems in 1917-1918.
48. Back in 1914, the first American team "Portland Rosebuds" was accepted into the PCHA, since then the organizers have made a statement that the Stanley Cup is a trophy for the best professional team not only in Canada, but in the whole World. Two years later, the Portland Rosebuds played in the finals, but lost to the Montreal Canadiens. And in 1917, the first American team won the Stanley Cup - "Seattle Metropolitans" beat the same "Montreal Canadiens" in the final.
49. In 1919, the Stanley Cup was left without its owner for the first time, as the final series of the Seattle Metropolitans - Montreal Canadiens was stopped due to the Spanish flu epidemic. The series was tied after five games played (the teams had two wins and one draw), there was one playoff game left, which was eventually canceled, as a large number of Montreal Canadiens players and their manager were hospitalized with the flu, four days after the canceled game, one of the players died...
50. From the 1921-1922 season, another league appeared in the West, the Western Canada Hockey League (WCHL). In 1922, the winners of the PCHA and WCHL faced each other, after which the Western champion met in the Stanley Cup final with the champion of the National Hockey League (NHL).