50 interesting facts about the Grammy nominations in 2022 to share with your friends
The Grammy Awards, along with the Oscars and the Met Gala, are one of the main and most important events in the entertainment industry. In 2022, the 64th prize will be held in Los Angeles on January 31, and just the other day the nominees became known. So, what else do you need to know about the upcoming ceremony?
The awards will be presented on January 31
And it will traditionally take place at the Staples concert venue in Los Angeles. The Grammy will be televised by CBS, and the award can be viewed online at grammy.com as well as on the YouTube channel of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
By the way, the presentation of the statuettes this year will be somewhat different. Reacting to the caustic remarks in their address, the Grammys abandoned the so-called nomination committees (which were criticized last year by The Weeknd, which was left without a single nomination).
Grammy Nominees 2022
Industry favorites such as Justin Bieber (eight nominations), Doja Cat (eight nominations), HER (eight nominations and a record 21 in four years), Billie Eilish (seven nominations), Olivia Rodrigo got the chance to win the most prestigious music award in 2022. (seven nominations), Lil Nas X (five nominations) and Taylor Swift (one nomination, but “Album of the Year”, in which Swift won three times already). Young Rodrigo will have to try to emulate Eilish's achievement, who two years ago became the first Grammy winner in 39 years in all four main categories: Record of the Year, Song of the Year, Album of the Year and Best New Artist. By the way, this year the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences expanded the number of nominees from eight to ten in these categories.
However, the largest number of nominations - 11 - went to John Baptiste. His album “We Are” received accolades from critics, and the jazz musician also took part in writing tracks for the cartoon "Soul", which also did not go unnoticed. Recall that last year Beyonce became the leader in the number of Grammy nominations. She could take home nine figurines, but in the end she won four awards. Offended by The Weeknd this year, he nevertheless received three nominations at once. Halsey found herself in a similar situation when she criticized the Grammy last year and was nominated for Best Alternative Album this year. And also the first in its history nomination ("Record of the Year") was received by the ABBA group.
There are two new categories
The statuettes for Best Global Music Performance and Best Album for Musica Urbana (nominated for Latin American Artists) will be presented for the first time at the upcoming ceremony. Now there are 88 categories.
Jay-Z is the most award-nominated artist of all time
In 2022, Jay-Z received three nominations, which allowed him to get such an honorable status. Prior to that, he shared a record in 80 nominations with producer and composer Quincy Jones. True, in terms of the number of awards, Jay-Z lags behind Jones (he became a laureate 23 times, and Quincy - 27). By the way, the wife of rapper Beyonce also set a record last year - she owns the largest number of victories among all solo artists.
1. The first Grammy was awarded on May 4, 1959. The song of the year was Volare by Domenico Modugno. At that time, the award was presented in only 22 nominations. Winners in 82 nominations will be announced at the 2014 Grammy Awards.
2. In 1998, a certain Michael Portnoy received his moment of fame at the Grammy. During Bob Dylan's speech, a man walked on stage with a naked torso, and on his chest was written: "Soy bomb." He was immediately tied up and taken backstage. Subsequently, the "saboteur" explained that by his appearance he wanted to convey to the public that art should be as nutritious as soybeans.
3. Despite the fact that the Grammy awards are mostly musical, some awards are also given for recordings of the spoken genre. So in 2003, the actor Robin Williams received this award for the best album in the comedy spoken genre. For such creativity, Robin has already earned as many as five "gramophones".
4. Another actor and multiple Grammy winner is Will Smith. Smith began his show business career performing rap songs with DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince. By the way, Smith and his comrades can be called the pioneers of the genre - it was they who, in 1989, were awarded the first Grammy award in history for reading rap. Subsequently, the actor received 3 more statuettes - in 1992, 1998 and 1999.
5. Surprisingly, the Grammy Awards are awarded not only to people, but also ... to dolls! Red Fuzzy Elmo from Muppet Show has won awards three times, including Elmopalooza - Best Album for Children in 1998.
6. There are also politicians among the winners of the Grammy Awards. This award was awarded to three American presidents at once - Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. But, of course, not for the songs, but for the beautiful speeches: in 2008 Obama won the Grammy for The Audacity Of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.
7. Usually musicians await the Grammy with the same excitement as the actors - the Oscar. But not the Irish singer Sinead O'Connor, known for her rebellious disposition. On February 3, 1991, the singer, who was declared in four nominations, publicly refused the award. "All this bullshit is permeated through and through with falsehood and reflects destructive values," - said Sinead. As a result, she won a Grammy in the Best Alternative Music Performance category, but never came for the award.
8. One of the most touching moments in the history of the ceremony happened in 2010, when the organizers decided to present a posthumous prize to King of Pop Michael Jackson. His children, 12-year-old son Prince Michael and 11-year-old daughter Paris, came to receive the award for the musician. The teenagers made such a heartfelt speech that the audience could hardly restrain sobbing.
9. In the category "Most Amazing Duo of the Grammy Awards," first place can be unconditionally given to rapper Eminem and Elton John, who sang Stan during the awards ceremony in 2001. The unexpected collaboration of representatives of two such different genres was remembered for a long time by all spectators of that ceremony.
10. Now is the time to talk about the Grammy records. American singer Sherrill Crow is one of three performers to win two awards at once - Best New Artist and Record of the Year - in the same year. This achievement will be shared by Norah Jones and Christopher Cross.
11. Group U2 is the leader in the number of Grammys among musical groups. To date, they have 22 awards.
12. American blind soul singer Stevie Wonder has 28 phonographs in his musical collection, including a Grammy for Lifetime Achievement. This is an absolute record.
13. Singer Leanne Rimes became the youngest Grammy winner in history. She was only 14 years old when she received this award for Best New Artist in 1996.
14. The group Led Zeppelin received belated recognition. The band won its first and only Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 2005 - 25 years after the band's disbandment.
15. Russian musicians are nominated for a Grammy almost every year. Here is just one single genre - classical music. Conductors Yuri Bashmet and Mikhail Pletnev became the laureates of the prize from Russia. But the opera diva Anna Netrebko and artistic director of the Mariinsky Theater Valery Gergiev, although they were nominated, until they received a Grammy.
16. The record for the number of Grammy awards in its entire history belongs to the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, which already has 60 statuettes.
17. "Grammy" is the highest award for a musician, so usually the laureates are very happy about their victory, but not Sinead O'Connor (52). On February 3, 1991, the Irish singer, nominated in four nominations for Best Alternative Performance, turned down the award and never came for it.
18. American composer, arranger, record producer and trumpet player Quincy Jones has been nominated for a Grammy 79 times at 27 awards, more than anyone else. But he never became a laureate of the award.
19. In the piggy bank Stevie Wonder (68) 22 Grammy awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award.
20. In 1998, a young man named Michael Portnoy ran onto the stage of the ceremony during a show by Bob Dylan (77) with a naked torso on which was written "Soy Bomb". As Michael later explained, he wanted to convey to everyone that art should be as nutritious as soy.
21. Did you know that the Grammys are awarded not only for musical works? In 2003, actor Robin Williams won the Best Comedy Talk Album award. By the way, at the moment he already has 5 "gramophones" in this nomination.
22. Conductor Georg Solti holds the record for the most Grammy awards with 31 awards. Among women - Alison Krauss (47), she has 28 figurines.
23. We will never forget how in 2001 Eminem (46) and Elton John (71) took to the stage of the ceremony together to perform a track by rapper Stan.
24. There are also politicians among the winners of the Grammy Awards. As many as three American presidents - Jimmy Carter (94), Bill Clinton (72) and Barack Obama (58) - have received the award. Of course, not for songs, but for beautiful speeches. In 2008, Obama received a Grammy for The Audacity Of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream.
25. Believe it or not, even dolls get Grammy awards. Red Fuzzy Elmo from Muppet Show won the award three times, including the 1998 Best Album for Children.
26. 2010 was one of the most moving moments in the history of the ceremony. Then the organizers decided to present the posthumous prize to the king of pop Michael Jackson. His children - son Prince Michael (21) and daughter Paris (20) - came to receive the award for the musician. They made such a heartfelt speech that the audience could hardly hold back tears.
27. The youngest winner of the award is singer Leanne Rimes (36), who won the award in 1997 at the age of 14 for Best New Artist. And the oldest winner in 1991 was the late George Burns. He received the award at the age of 91 in the category "Non-musical work" for his "Gracie: A Love Story" ("Gracie: a love story").
28. The album that won the most impressive collection of Grammy awards in 2000 is Supernatural by Carlos Santana (71). In total, he received nine awards - the most in one year.
29. American singer Sherrill Crowe (56) is one of three performers, along with Norah Jones (39) and Christopher Cross (67), who have won two awards at once (in the nominations "Best New Artist" and "Record of the Year") in the same year.
30. The group Led Zeppelin received belated recognition. The band won its first and only Grammy Award for Lifetime Achievement only in 2005 - 25 years after the group split up.
31. The Grammy Awards have had their own "unlucky" ones. For example, singer Brian McKnight (49) - he has 16 nominations and not a single statuette. Not too lucky and the new Milli Vanilli. They won an award in the 1990s for Best New Artist. But it soon became known that the appearance of the musicians did not meet the expectations of the youth audience, and besides, they always performed “under the veneer”. Soon the duo was taken away from the previously received "Grammy" - the only case in the history of this musical award.
32. Initially, the Grammy was planned as a kind of analogue of the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but at some point the recording bosses decided that no boulevard or even a highway would be enough for all worthy figures, and instead decided to award statuettes - by analogy with the already popular at that time "Oscar".
33.The National Academy of Arts awards not only statuettes, but also medals.
The Grammy awards are handled by the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, founded in 1957 specifically to select candidates worthy of this high award and its presentation.
34. The first Grammy Awards (then called the Gramophone Awards) took place in 1959, but was not filmed for television. The second ceremony has already been shown on tape, and the first live broadcast of the ceremony took place in 1971. The ABC television company decided on this bold step on one condition - the producer of the program, Pierre Cosette, had to get one of three celebrities as the host: Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin or Andy Williams (a famous pop artist). Cosette completed the task by inviting the last of them. At the same time, he did not even try to call Sinatra or Martin. “I figured Dean wouldn't do it, and neither would Sinatra,” the producer recalled.
35. In the first Grammy ceremony, 28 awards were presented. By 2011, their number had reached 109, but by the following year it had been drastically reduced to 78. At the 2017 ceremony, 83 Grammys will be handed out - not counting special awards.
36. Singer Bobby Darin received a Grammy in1959.
Before the coveted statuettes received the nickname "Grammy", they were fondly referred to as "Eddie" - in honor of the inventor of the phonograph, Thomas Edison.
37. The Grammy figurines are handcrafted by a team led by sculptor John Billings, who was a student of the original creator Bob Graves. The famous "gramophones" are made from an alloy of zinc and aluminum (which Billings calls "gramium" for solidity), turned, polished, electroplated with a layer of 24-carat gold and placed on a metal base. The production of one figurine takes 15 to 20 hours. Billings also created 48 “dummy” Grammys to be reused in ceremonies: in fact, the winners receive their personalized awards by home delivery!
38.One of the most famous scandals in Grammy history happened in 1989, when Jethro Tull won the Best Hard Rock / Heavy Metal Performance award for their flute-heavy album Crest Of a Knave, ahead of their clear favorites - Metallica with their album “... And Justice For All”. For the sake of fairness, it should be said that the aforementioned Jethro Tull album lacks not only Ian Anderson's flute (who did not even bother to appear at the awards ceremony), but also quite heavy guitar cuts of Martin Barr, who just then entered his "heavy metal" phase ... All this, however, did not really impress the audience, and at the moment the winner was announced, a noticeable humming and whistling was heard from the audience. Their label Chrysalis stood up for Jethro Tull with a congratulatory press release stating that "the flute is a heavy, metal instrument." Metallica has achieved its goal with the release of its famous "Black Album". And although after the 1989 scandal the nomination was divided for "Best Hard Rock Performance" and "Best Metal Performance", Lars Ulrich could not resist joking: "We have to thank Jethro Tull for not releasing an album this year."
39. The youngest Grammy winner is country star LeAnn Rimes, who won the statuette at the tender age of 14. The most mature was the blues pianist Pinetop Perkins: in 2011, when he received a Grammy, he was 97 years old.
40. Barack Obama. Yes, indeed, the now former President of the United States has also been honored with the popular award. True, he did not sing or play anything - he just voiced his own memoirs “Dreams From My Father”. It is also worth noting that at that time, in 2009, he was not yet the president of all America, but just a senator.
41. Bill Clinton. Another president in our selection, Clinton received the coveted statuette in 2005, when he was already an ex-president. It was then that Bill took a direct part in the recording of an interesting project - the recording of the musical fairy tale “Wolf Tracks”, “the sequel
42. Mikhail Gorbachev. Yes, the first and last president of the USSR also owns a Grammy! Together with his American colleague, he took part in the recording of the same project "Peter and the Wolf" Mikhail Sergeevich read the inserts "Entry", "Intermezzo" and "Epilogue" - in Russian. His reading was accompanied by a translation into English.
43.Orson Welles. The iconic actor / director / screenwriter / genius won not one, but three Grammy Awards in the Conversational Album category. And one of them - for the soundtrack to his first and most famous film, Citizen Kane. What can you say here? Talented people are talented in everything.
44. Elmo. Yes, the red hairy creature, so beloved by many fans of the Muppet Show, has received a Grammy not once, but three times! In each case, Elmo shared an honorary award with famous performers (Linda Ronstad, Pete Seeger and They Might Be Giants), but we know whose talent in each case belongs the main merit!
45. Margaret Hillis with their Grammy Awards in 1986.
There are many nominations in the arsenal of the prestigious award, including highly specialized ones, and therefore the list of winners who have collected the largest number of Grammys should perhaps not surprise us so much. Yes, maybe it shouldn't.
46. The Grammy's relationship with rock music (especially British) has always been difficult, as the following examples illustrate.
47. The Beatles. Against the background of the merits of the above performers (including Kanye West), the achievements of the Liverpool Four look very modest - only some 8 awards, the first of which was presented in 1965. Even Foo Fighters have more!
48. The Rolling Stones. The Beatles' eternal rivals were ignored by the Academy for a long time, and were able to pull out their first statuette only in 1986, having received the "pardonable" award for Lifetime Achievement. True, in the 90s they still managed to win several "real" statuettes.
49. Pink Floyd. The rock titans of the 70s received their first and only "gramophone" only in 1995 - for the instrumental "Marooned". Perhaps the most famous album in history, "Dark Side Of The Moon" was awarded a generous nomination for "Best Sound Engineer", but academics felt that the sound of the album still fell short and gave the "Grammy" to other hands.
50. Led Zeppelin. In 1970, the founders of hard rock were nominated for Best New Artist, but to no avail. Since the late 90s, the Academy has consoled itself by introducing the classic albums and compositions of the group, which during its lifetime did not receive its attention, into the Grammy Hall of Fame. The LZ received their first and last "real" Grammy in 2014 for their live reunion album "Celebration Day".
2022 Grammy Award nominations. A list full of surprises: Barack Obama and ABBA are among the favorites
In a year full of surprises, the Grammy Awards 2022 announced a series of nominations in which the favorite of the year is a jazz pianist. This is Jon Batiste, best known to the public for his role as music director on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
If in the past years the list of Grammy nominations, the most prestigious music gala in the world, was dominated by pop, rock or hip-hop artists, this year is a motley mix of musical genres, veteran artists like ABBA, controversial stars like Lil Nas X or one of the most award-winning artists of the last year, Olivia Rodrigo.
Unusual Grammy 2022 nominations are due to the song, artist and album selection procedure. The famous "secret committee" of music industry specialists was replaced by a popular vote of members of The Recording Academy, about 12,000 music industry professionals representing all genres and types of specialists involved, from singers, composers, lyricists, producers. , instrumentalists, mixers and sound engineers.
Jon Batiste is nominated both for the album "We Are" and for the soundtrack of the animation "Soul" released by Disney. The album peaked at number 86 on the Billboard 200 chart of best-selling albums in the United States, indicating that it sold no more than a few hundred copies.
The nominations were announced in a live broadcast featuring Jon Batiste, Billie Eilish, Finneas, H.E.R., BTS, Måneskin, Tayla Parx, Carly Pearce, Nate Bargatze and Tammy Hurt, the director of the Grammy Awards Steering Committee.
In addition to Batiste, the list of nominations is led by Justin Bieber, Doja Cat and H.E.R. with 8 nominations each while Billie Eilish and Olivia Rodrigo have 7 nominations each. Behind them are Lil Nas X and Brandi Carlile with 5 nominations each while Bruno Mars and his project "Silk Sonic" which he co-created with Anderson. Paak received 4 nominations.
Jay-Z wrote history by becoming the most nominated artist in the history of the Grammy Awards. This year he received 3 nominations, totaling 82 nominations over his career, with one more than Paul McCartney having 81 nominations.
Also in the surprise category are Barack Obama, nominated for the audio version of the book "A Promised Land" and ABBA who received a mention for the song "I Still Have Faith in You" which marked the return of the Swedish band after 40 years.
The number of nominees in the main categories, nicknamed by music critics "The Big Four" - "Song of the year", "Artist of the Year", "Record of the Year" and "Album of the Year" - has been expanded from 8 to 10. The selection process has undergone many changes in the last year, especially after the scandal of the last edition in which The Weeknd, the most successful artist of the pandemic year 2020, was omitted from all the main categories.
Thus, in the case of the album Justin Bieber - "Justice", nominated for "album of the year'' and 7 other categories, has a list of 200 composers, producers and sound engineers who worked in the process. At the other end is Billie Eilish with the song "Happier Than Ever" which has only 5 people who created the whole album, all the songs being composed by her and her brother, Finneas.
Of the more than 22,000 Grammy-winning pieces of music in the race, some essential materials are missing, which were among the most broadcast on the radio and the most listened to on streaming platforms. Specifically, missing two of the hits of the year created by Dua Lipa, Elton John, Taylor Swift (has a nomination for the album "Evermore" but the songs were ignored), Bad Bunny (has a single nomination with the album "El ultimo tour del world ”) or Coldplay.
Below you will find the nominations for the main categories, on the Grammy.com site you will find the complete list.
List of Nominations for the main categories - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
Record Of The Year - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
“I Still Have Faith In You” — ABBA
“Freedom” — Jon Batiste
“I Get A Kick Out Of You” — Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
“Peaches” — Justin Bieber Featuring Daniel Caesar & Giveon
“Right On Time” — Brandi Carlile
“Kiss Me More” — Doja Cat Featuring SZA
“Happier Than Ever” — Billie Eilish
“Montero” (Call Me By Your Name) — Lil Nas X
“drivers license” — Olivia Rodrigo
“Leave The Door Open” — Silk Sonic
Album Of The Year - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
We Are — Jon Batiste
Love For Sale — Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe) — Justin Bieber
Planet Her (Deluxe) — Doja Cat
Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish
Back Of My Mind — H.E.R.
Montero — Lil Nas X
Sour — Olivia Rodrigo
Evermore — Taylor Swift
Donda — Kanye West
Song of the year - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
Bad Habits – Ed Sheeran
A Beautiful Noise – Alicia Keys and Brandi Carlile
Drivers License – Olivia Rodrigo
Fight For You – H.E.R.
Happier Than Ever – Billie Eilish
Kiss Me More – Doja Cat ft Sza
Montero (Call Me By Your Name) – Lil Nas X
Peaches – Justin Bieber ft Daniel Caesar & Giveon
Leave The Door Open – Silk Sonic
Right On Time – Brandi Carlile
Best New Artist - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
The Kid Laroy
Best Pop Vocal Album - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
Justice (Triple Chucks Deluxe) — Justin Bieber
Planet Her (Deluxe) — Doja Cat
Happier Than Ever — Billie Eilish
Positions — Ariana Grande
Sour — Olivia Rodrigo
Best Dance/Electronic Recording - 2022 Grammy Award nominations
“Hero” — Afrojack & David Guetta
“Loom” — Ólafur Arnalds Featuring Bonobo
“Before” — James Blake
“Heartbreak” — Bonobo & Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs
“You Can Do It” — Caribou
“Alive” — Rüfüs Du Sol
“The Business” — Tiësto
Best Alternative Music Album
Shore — Fleet Foxes
If I Can’t Have Love, I Want Power — Halsey
Jubilee — Japanese Breakfast
Collapsed In Sunbeams — Arlo Parks
Daddy’s Home — St. Vincent
Best R&B Performance
“Lost You” — Snoh Aalegra
“Peaches” — Justin Bieber Featuring Daniel Caesar & Giveon
“Damage” — H.E.R.
“Leave The Door Open” — Silk Sonic
“Pick Up Your Feelings” — Jazmine Sullivan
Best R&B Song
“Damage” — H.E.R.
“Good Days” — SZA
“Heartbreak Anniversary” — Giveon
“Leave The Door Open” — Silk Sonic
“Pick Up Your Feelings” — Jazmine Sullivan
Best Rap Performance
“Family Ties” — Baby Keem Featuring Kendrick Lamar
“Up” — Cardi B
“M Y . L I F E” — J. Cole Featuring 21 Savage & Morray
“Way 2 Sexy” — Drake Featuring Future & Young Thug
“Thot S***” — Megan Thee Stallion
Best Rap Album
The Off Season — J. Cole
Certified Lover Boy — Drake
King’s Disease II — Nas
Call Me If You Get Lost — Tyler, The Creator
Donda — Kanye West
Best Spoken Word Album (Includes Poetry, Audio Books & Storytelling)
Aftermath — LeVar Burton
Carry On: Reflections For A New Generation From John Lewis — Don Cheadle
Catching Dreams: Live At Fort Knox Chicago — J. Ivy
8:46 — Dave Chappelle & Amir Sulaiman
A Promised Land — Barack Obama
Best Opera Recording
“Bartók: Bluebeard’s Castle” — Helsinki Philharmonic Orchestra
“Glass: Akhnaten” — The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra; The Metropolitan Opera Chorus
“Janáček: Cunning Little Vixen” — London Symphony Orchestra; London Symphony Chorus & LSO Discovery Voices
“Little: Soldier Songs” — The Opera Philadelphia Orchestra
“Poulenc: Dialogues Des Carmélites” — The Metropolitan Opera Orchestra; The Metropolitan Opera Chorus
Best Music Video
“Shot In The Dark” — AC/DC
“Freedom” — Jon Batiste
“I Get A Kick Out Of You” — Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga
“Peaches” — Justin Bieber Featuring Daniel Caesar & Giveon
“Happier Than Ever” — Billie Eilish
“Montero (Call Me By Your Name)” — Lil Nas X
“Good 4 U” — Olivia Rodrigo
Best Music Film
Inside — Bo Burnham
David Byrne’s American Utopia — David Byrne
Happier Than Ever: A Love Letter To Los Angeles — Billie Eilish
Music, Money, Madness…Jimi Hendrix In Maui — Jimi Hendrix
Summer Of Soul — Various Artists
Taylor Swift is one of the famous, young, and talented country and pop singers. Her work is widely known worldwide and in just a few years.
She is beautiful, but her fans appreciate her unsurpassed talent, which is confirmed by many awards and nominations.
Her work is full of positive emotions and pictures. In poems and songs, she tells only what she has experienced or is experiencing herself, which is why the interest in her songs is so great. The charming blonde won the hearts of many young singers and actors, but the key to her heart does not yet belong to anyone. Facts about the life and work of the singer will tell an exciting story of the rise of a star.
Biography of Taylor Swift
My full name is Taylor Alison Swift. Mom chose the name Taylor for her daughter because it suits both a girl and a boy.
Friends and fans call Taylor Swift affectionate nicknames - T-Swift, Swifty, Tay, Sweezy. But her brother hails her Butterscotch (eng. Toffee).
3. Where and when was she born?
The girl was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania, USA.
4. As a child, I helped my parents with housework.
The girl's parents were breeding Shetland ponies and horses. As a child, Taylor learned English riding and even competed.
Another life stage of the girl passed on a spruce farm, where she helped her parents.
She was too small to help load the trees onto the car, so she was assigned to be in charge of the beetles - a special knock drove the insects away. “Once I forgot to check her work, and all these insects got into the houses of people who bought food from us. There were thousands of insects; they were everywhere. Many families had children, but the parents could not kill the living creatures because then Christmas would be spoiled, ”says Jay Leno Swift.
5. Because of her, the family moved from their hometown
Watching the work of Faith Hill, the young singer decided that to realize her music dream, she needed to go to the state of Tennessee, the city of Nashville. She could approach the musical elite and show her abilities to a broader audience.
Believing in their talented daughter, the parents organize the move, and the whole family settles in Tennessee when Taylor turns 14. Being closer to the musical world, the girl has more chances for success.
6. Not only sings but also writes music herself
Taylor is highly educated musically; besides playing the acoustic guitar, she has mastered piano, electric guitar, and banjo. She also owns the technique of playing an exotic instrument - the ukulele.
7. Who inspired her creativity in her early years?
According to the artist, Shanya Twain, as a country performer, greatly influenced her work. But she calls Britney Spears the real inspiration.
It is worth noting the significant influence on her grandmother Marjorie Finlay, who was an opera singer.
8. What inspires her to write songs?
Swift is one of the few who write her songs. She has already created over 50 pieces, and their number is growing daily. All compositions are filled with deep meaning and emotions.
According to Taylor, she writes the lyrics under the impressions of her relationship and the events that happen to her. In each such novel or event, she finds new themes and emotions.
Many eminent composers and singers note that she succeeds in accurately conveying the plot, emotions, and feelings in texts and music.
9. Taylor has a younger brother, Austin.
The young man was born on March 11, 1992. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame and pursued an acting career. His film debut has already taken place in the detective thriller I / T, where he plays a character named Lance; Taylor immediately noted the event on her blog.
Despite being busy, the singer constantly spends time with her brother and accompanies her at social events.
Before starting a career in cinema, the guy was actively involved in photography and even was a freelancer in one of the largest photo banks in the world - Gettyimages.com.
10. Friends with famous personalities
Taylor Swift is close friends with Selena Gomez, Karlie Kloss, Emma Watson, and Emma Stone. Girlfriends spend time together, shop, and go to the cinema.
Another close person is a cousin to whom the song "Never too far away" is dedicated.
Career Taylor Swift
11. Love for music, and the first song played
The girl realized at an early age that she wanted to write songs and perform them independently. One of the first songs she played on the guitar was Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer.
12. Winning a talent competition
When she was 11, she won a local talent competition by singing Leanne Rhimes' "Big Deal." It was a critical moment in the formation of the creative personality of the future star.
13. Career start
From age 10, Sweet performed at fairs, festivals, and sporting events in the city of Wyomissing, where the family of the future star lived then. At age 12, everyone loved her national anthem performance at the 76th Philadelphia Games opening.
14. Successful acquaintance and first singles
After moving with her family to Nashville, Taylor began performing in cafes, where she was once noticed by Scott Burchett, who had just created the independent label Big Machine Records. Under this label, all subsequent singles and albums of the singer were released.
And the very first single was the song "Tim McGraw," released on June 19, 2006. This was followed by "Teardrops on My Guitar," "Our Song," and many others.
15. Debut album
Taylor released her first album at the age of 16. In the first week, it sold 39,000 copies, then it received the status of five times platinum in the US and broke the decade record for the duration of stay on the American Billboard 200 album charts (234 weeks).
16. All albums by Taylor Swift
At the moment, the singer has already released six full-length albums:
Taylor Swift (2006)
Speak Now (2010)
17. Taylor Swift in movies
A talented girl can be seen on stage and in the movies. She got her first minor role in the TV series C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation in 2009, then there were several cameo roles in the films: Hannah Montana: The Movie (2009), Valentine's Day (2010), and The Dedicated ( 2014), as well as in the TV series New Girl (2013).
18. Voiced a cartoon
In 2012, Swift voiced the character in the animated film The Lorax, based on the work of her favorite children's author.
19. Awards and nominations
The singer is the owner of more than a hundred awards, including ten Grammys, 23 American Music Awards, 21 Billboard Music Awards, 11 Country Music Association Awards, 8 Academy of Country Music Awards, 10 People's Choice Awards, 1 Emmy, 1 Brit Awards and 25 Teen Choice Awards.
Of course, a more detailed list of her awards and nominations can always be found on the Wikipedia page.
20. Best Taylor Swift Songs
Her official Youtube channel has over 32 million subscribers, with the most popular clips having a billion or more views:
Taylor Swift - Shake It Off (2.7 billion views)
Taylor Swift - Blank Space (2.4 billion views)
Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar (1.2 billion views)
Taylor Swift - Look What You Made Me Do (1 billion views)
Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me (1 billion views)
21. Taylor Swift's New Songs
Some of the latest songs and clips on Youtube:
Taylor Swift – End Game ft. Ed Sheeran, Future
Taylor Swift — Delicate
22. Million album sales
Taylor Swift albums invariably diverge in huge circulations. Already sold 40 million copies of her albums, and another 130 million were sold through digital downloads.
23. Taylor Swift and the number "13."
Taylor herself considers the number "13" lucky for herself. She explains it this way: she was born on December 13th, she turned 13 on Friday the 13th, her debut album went gold in 13 weeks, and every time she received a prestigious award, she sat on the 13th row, on the 13th place or in the 13th section.
The singer often draws a number on her hand before performances - for good luck. However, this number, on the hand, can be replaced even in everyday life.
24. Attitude towards tattoos
In an interview, Swift claimed that she had not yet found a suitable pattern to decorate her body. When her friend Ed Sheeran persuaded the girl to get a tattoo in the form of her lucky number "13", she already came to the tattoo parlor but fled, fearing pain.
25. She wrote a novel herself
In addition to her musical talents, Swift drew well, and at the age 12, she wrote a 350-page novel. But the work was never published.
26. Wants to write her biography
Among the singer's ideas is the desire to write her biography. According to her, looking at how quickly an eventful life flies by, she wants to describe and fix on paper all the most critical moments before they are forgotten.
27. Interesting fact about Sony
Taylor Swift is the youngest composer ever hired by Sony/ATV Tree, at just 14 years old at the time of signing.
28. Favorite series
He is an ardent fan of the series Law & Order, CSI, and Friends.
The obsession with the Grey's Anatomy series led to the fact that after the death of Denny's character, the girl cried for several days. And she wants to name her daughter Izzy.
29. Favorite books
Her favorite books include To Kill a Mockingbird and Murder on the Orient Express. In general, she is very fond of mystical novels.
30. Earns a lot
Among songwriters, she earns the most, but not always.
Forbes shared the following statistics on Taylor Swift's income:
In 2016, I earned 170 million dollars (1st place);
In 2017, third place for the year and a total net worth of $280 million;
In 2018, she earned another 80 million (2 locations in the ranking of the highest-paid singers in the world-2018 and 320 million overall).
31. Has a private jet
According to Forbes, the singer owns a $40 million Dassault Falcon 900 private jet. The aircraft has a unique registration code3, "N898TS", where the last two letters stand for "Taylor Swift." On board, the plane also flaunts the lucky number of the singer - "13"
32. She wrote the script in the form of a song
Invited to appear on Saturday Night Live, Swift was the first to decide to prepare her monologue for her speech. For this, she wrote a song called "My Monologue." The song contains taunts toward the presenters, and at the end, there is a kiss with Taylor Lauter, who at that time was the boyfriend of the young singer.
33. Taylor Swift and the LGBT community
The girl fights discrimination against same-sex love, actively participates in actions that advocate for their rights, and supports organizations and communities in this direction. She was especially hurt by the incident in 2008 when a gay teenager was killed based on hatred.
34. Honorable Mention from Obama
In 2012, the first lady, Michelle Obama, presented a young benefactor for the Great Help award as someone who helps people and inspires others to do good.
35. Swift has her perfume line
Under the name of Taylor Swift, popular fragrances and perfume sets are produced that reflect the singer's style.
36. What's in the fridge?
Her refrigerator must contain eggs, orange juice, slices of ham and chicken, Parmesan cheese, and dough pieces in the form of small cookies or tubes. She has scrambled eggs with sausages, orange juice, and biscuits on busy tour days for breakfast.
37. Where does Taylor Swift live?
The primary residence of the singer is a penthouse in New York. She also owns:
- three-bedroom cottage in Beverly Hills, California;
- a penthouse located in Nashville, Tennessee;
- house with eight bedrooms, located in Watch Hill, Rhode Island.
38. Good daughter
Taylor is a loving and grateful daughter. For her parents, she bought a mansion in Belle Meade, Tennessee.
39. Insured her legs for $40 million.
When the girl thought about insuring her legs, she planned to receive a maximum of $ 1 million as compensation for an injury sustained during performances. But the insurance company valued the celebrity's legs at $40 million.
By the way, earlier, David Beckham and Cristiano Ronaldo had already ensured their legs, but Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian considered it more essential to ensure their buttocks; Julia Roberts, in turn, ensured a smile.
40. Social networks
Taylor Swift's social media accounts are prevalent. On the social network, she ranks in the TOP 10 among celebrities such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Selena Gomez, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Ariana Grande, Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, and others.
It is noteworthy that in 2017 the girl disappeared immediately from all social networks. On Twitter and others, as well as from the official website and Tumblr, all records and photos disappeared. But a few days later, the first entry with a snake's tail appeared.
41. Where else could you work?
According to Swift, if it were not for her career as a singer, she could very well work in the advertising business, coming up with slogans.
42. Bad habit
Often the girl twitches her leg when she sits. Many people think she is nervous, but it is a bad habit.
43. Her cats became popular too
Taylor Swift loves animals very much, but now her pets can argue who is more eminent of them. The fact is that the two cats of the singer - Olivia and Meredith appeared in the movie "Deadpool 2".
After the film's release, the girl posted photos of her favorites several times, talking about the fame that fell upon them.
44. Actively involved in charity
The girl not only earns a lot but also shares money with others.
It is known that she donated one million dollars to help flood victims in Louisiana. She has transferred 250,000 dollars to the singer Kesha, who lost the court to her producer. She gave $50,000 to one of her dancers to treat a sick nephew. Donated 25,000 books to New York schools, etc.
She often rewards her fans; for example, one got homemade cookies from Taylor, and the other received college pay.
One of the latest cases is the donation of $1989 (the year the celebrity was born and the name of her album) to a fan who decided to organize a charity dance marathon. All the money raised was then sent to children's hospitals.
45. Moved in a suitcase
It sounds ridiculous, but for some time the singer moved around the city in a large suitcase.
At first, fans noted that two guys were too gentle with Swift's one large suitcase, and the girl herself was not visible. There was a theory that Taylor was being carried in a large bag around the city to avoid persistent paparazzi (they constantly follow her).
Later, one of the girl's friends confirmed the fans' speculation.
46. What does the Satanist have to do with it?
In 2016, photos began circulating online in which Swift was compared to the famous Satanist Zeena LaVey. The girls are very similar, but some went further and accused Taylor of being a "reincarnation" of a Satanist or her very close relative.
At the same time, for some reason, no one was embarrassed by the fact that LaVey was still alive.
47. Taylor Swift Before and After
Many say that Taylor's appearance is gradually changing. And these are not age-related changes but the results of numerous plastic surgeries.
First, fans note the changed shape of the singer's nose. Compared with early youth, the bridge of the nose began to look thinner and straighter, and the tip of the nose became noticeably smaller and more elegant.
There are also changes in the middle third of the face, so it is possible that the girl removed the so-called Bish's lumps - encapsulated fatty formations located between the buccal muscle and the superficial muscles of the face on each side.
The forehead skin is unnaturally smooth and taut, where many experts lean toward botulinum toxin injections.
In 2016, several media outlets published their investigations into Swift's breasts. According to their information, the girl slightly enlarged her breasts with the help of surgery, and this is seen when comparing photos from 2015 and 2016.
48. Perfect lips
But what is naturally beautiful in a girl is her lips. No wonder they were recognized as ideal by a variety of fashion publications.
49. When did Taylor Swift get better?
For many years, Taylor was the owner of a perfect figure, but in 2017 she appeared on the scene clearly out of shape.
Then many fans noted that the girl should lose a few extra pounds and regain her impeccable appearance. Then she did not heed the advice, and in 2018, her forms became even more magnificent.
However, the photos of 2019 show that the girl began to monitor her weight more carefully.
50. Looks more natural without makeup
It's no secret that all the stars carefully monitor how they look when they go out into the "light." When some of them are suddenly photographed by the paparazzi without makeup, it becomes a real shock for girls and guys who are used to seeing stars exclusively on the pages of glossy magazines.
But in the case of Taylor Swift, we can say that she looks no worse than with him without makeup. Several times, persistent photographers caught the girl in everyday situations without makeup.
51. Fickle Taylor
Rarely has Taylor Swift's relationship lasted more than a few months. In one of the interviews, the girl jokes that she has the same rich personal life as many other girls of her age, but because everything that happens to her is widely covered in the media, you might think that she is too .. frivolous in choosing partners.
However, the list of her guys is extensive:
2008 - a member of the Jonas Brothers group Joe Jonas;
2009 - Taylor Lautner, an actor known for his role in the movie "Twilight";
2010 - actor Jake Gyllenhaal;
2012 - politician Connor Kennedy;
2012-2013 - a member of the group "One Direction" Harry Styles;
2015-2016 - DJ Calvin Harris;
2016 - actor Tom Hiddleston.
52. Taylor Swift Orientation Questions
At the end of 2014, a natural sensation broke out on the network - the paparazzi were able to film Swift kissing her friend, Victoria's Secret Angel Karlie Kloss. And although rumors about the unconventional orientation of the girl have been circulating for a long time, all the official representatives of the singer deny this.
53. Who is Taylor Swift dating now?
He is currently in a relationship with British actor Joe Alwyn.
54. Taylor Swift and Kanye West
The scandal erupted at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards. Swift deservedly won Best Female Video for "You Belong with Me" and came out to give her acceptance speech.
Before finishing his speech, Kanye West ran onto the stage, grabbed a microphone, and said Taylor's video was good. Still, in his opinion, Beyoncé's video "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," nominated in the same category, is "one of the best videos of all time." Afterward, he returned the microphone to Taylor, but the frustrated and discouraged girl could not complete the speech.
The audience negatively assessed West's antics, and the performer was kicked out of the ceremony.
A little later, Beyonce received recognition for her video - taking a prize in the nomination "Best Video of the Year"- more prestigious than "Best Female Video." The girl invited Taylor to the stage and allowed her to finish her speech.
West later apologized on social media, deleted the posts, and apologized again until he publicly apologized on The Jay Leno Show.
55. Taylor Sweet and Katy Perry
The girls have been friends since the late 2000s; they were often seen together not only at official events, they praised each other's work and supported in all endeavors.
The first sign of discord rang in 2012 when Perry began dating guitarist John Mayor, who had been spotted with Taylor Swift a couple of years before. Then Swift was not particularly embarrassed by choice of Perry, but the sediment remained - the girls began to communicate less.
A full-fledged conflict became known in 2015 after the release of the video for the song "Bad Blood." The song was dedicated to the spoiled relationship with Perry, which many guessed later. And the conflict itself occurred back in 2011 when the girls did not share the dancers for their tours. Several simply ran away from Swift's tour when Perry asked them to.
56. Height - 178.
57. Weight - 53-56 kg.
58. Hair color - blonde.
59. Eye color - blue.
60. Zodiac sign - Sagittarius.
61. Style of her music: country, country-pop, pop, pop-rock, synth-pop.
62. The young performer's favorite pieces of clothing are a sundress and a pair of cool cowboy boots.
63. Favorite holiday: Christmas.
64. Taylor's favorite style is retro.
65. Favorite color: White.
66. Favorite season: Summer.
67. Her idols are Audrey Hepburn, Bridget Bordeaux, and Jane Birkin.
68. A girl's favorite treat is cheesecake.
69. The first kiss was at the age of 15 years.
70. My Favorite drink is coffee.
71. Favorite cocktail - vodka with Cola Light.
72. My Favorite dish is the chicken fillet.
73. Favorite fast food dishes: cheeseburger, french fries, chocolate shake.
74. My Favorite movie is "Love."
75. Hobby - collecting snow globes.
The world-famous singer Beyoncé is the idol of many fans.
Many are interested in the details of the personal and professional life of the singer. Therefore we will lift the veil of secrecy by telling these exciting facts about the famous R'n'B performer.
Date of birth September 4, 1981. Place of birth, Texas, USA.
Parents named the girl Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (Eng. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter).
The girl received such an exotic name from her mother, or rather, this is a derivative name from her last name before marriage.
Among her ancestors are the peoples of Africa, America, and the inhabitants of the former French colonies. On the maternal side, the singer is a descendant of Joseph Broussard.
The mother of the star girl is a hairdresser and stylist, Tina Beyoncé, and her father, Matthew Knowles, is engaged in document management.
4. Beyoncé's voice
The timbre of the singer's voice has a mezzo-soprano classification. Vocal capabilities demonstrate a 3.5-octave range.
Among her many nicknames, the most popular are Bey, B, Queen B, and pop princess.
6. The first signs of talent
Little Beyoncé discovered her talent for singing at the age of 8. She effectively finished the song with the teacher at a dance lesson, powerfully and confidently taking the highest notes.
7. The beginning of a stellar career
Early in her career, Beyoncé, her classmate Kelly Rowland, and three other girls formed a teenage pop group that auditioned under Girl's Tyme.
Produced by Arne Frager. Focusing on the young age of the participants, he was convinced of the success of black girls performing rap.
In the process of performing in the talent show Star Search, the number was a failure due to an insufficiently developed song. Young Beyoncé survived a hard blow.
Her father advised reducing the number of participants and starting rehearsing in a specialized vocal camp.
The group's name changed several times: after Girl's Tyme, they were Something Fresh, Cliche, and the Dolls. By 1995, the recording resource Electra Records appeared on its way; the terms of cooperation included the requirement to change the name of the group of performers. So young stars turned into Destiny. But before work began, the contract was terminated by Elektra.
Beyoncé's father was forced to leave other projects to come to grips with producing. The group was renamed again - Destiny's Child.
As a result, the girls signed a cooperation contract with Columbia Records. By 1997, the song Killing Time was released and included in the action movie Men in Black soundtrack. Thus began the significant era of Beyoncé's career growth.
8. Destiny's child breakup
In 2000, Destiny's child team members decided to release a solo album.
In 2003, Beyoncé's solo album "Dangerously in Love" became four times platinum based on sales and received 5 Grammy statuettes. The most notable songs on the album are "Crazy In Love," a duet with rapper Jay-Z that topped the Billboard Hot 100 for two months, and "Signs," featuring Missy Elliott.
Destiny's child did not perform together for three years, but there was no official information about the breakup. At the end of 2004, the girls even got together again and released the album Destiny Fulfilled, but it was no longer as popular as the band's previous work. At the same time, the album became best-selling in 2005.
In 2005, the band went on tour to support the album, and during a concert in Barcelona, the girls announced that the band was breaking up.
In 2006, after the group's breakup, she received her star on the Walk of Fame as the best-selling girl group of all time.
The singer suffered from severe depression for almost two years when Destiny's child group fell apart. But she hid it since the group received a prestigious award, and this fact would not have been paid attention to anyway.
9. The beginning of a solo career
The debut album, with which she launched a solo career after the group's breakup, Dangerously in Love, brought the singer 5 Grammy awards.
10. New stage look
In 2003, a stage image was created for the singer - Sasha Fiers, which was supposed to help her suppress shyness on stage, and in 2010 the singer stated that she did not need an alter ego to feel relaxed during performances.
A distinctive feature of the image of Sasha Fiers was the "robotic glove" - with her Beyoncé first appearing on the MTV EMA-2008.
Later, Sasha Firs became the heroine of a clothing line that emphasizes the individuality of the singer's image and conveys this spirit to all her fans.
11. First solo tour
The singer's first tour as a solo artist took place in 2004.
12. Joint album with Shakira
In 2006, after the song's success, translated into Spanish by Irreplaceable, the singer decided to translate the entire album B'Day, which she worked on with Shakira.
In 2007, she became the first artist to be awarded the International Artist Award, which is presented as part of the American Music Awards.
In 2010, the singer became a record holder, receiving 6 Grammy awards in one evening.
Speaking of Grammy Awards, Beyoncé has the most extensive Grammy collection with 24.
The singer's album "visual" Lemonade, an hour-long film, made a splash in the press, many discussions, comments, and a lot of criticism. But at the same time, it became the best-selling album, a record holder that broke all previous sales records in the first 27 hours of release.
15. Filmography of Beyoncé
The career debut of the film actress was the hip-hopper Carmen, where the singer played the leading role.
In 2002, Beyonce played a minor role in the third part of Austin Powers - Goldmember. She played Foxy Cleopatra.
The singer performed as the talented jazz vocalist in the film “Fighting the Temptations.” This is a comedy on the music theme, where the singer looked very organic.
In 2004, Jay-Z made a film about Beyoncé, with her in the lead role - “Fade to Black.”
2006 is rich in films. The singer became a member of two movies - "Dream Girls," where she got the role of prima, and "The Pink Panther" (the character of Zanya).
The television project "My Night at the Grammys" is based on an autobiographical excerpt from the life of a star with her participation in the title role.
In 2009, the singer was entrusted with the leading role in the dramatic film Obsession.
Beyoncé portrayed herself in the story-biography "Life is like a dream." This film uses parts from the family video archive about the singer's childhood and moments about how she prepares for each performance, reading a prayer.
The character Shine sang in her voice in the TV series Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! And voiced the character of Tara in the cartoon Epic.
In 2019, The Lion King was released, and Beyoncé voiced Nala.
16. Beyoncé now
Currently, Bea and her husband present the show as a duo called The Carters. Her solo albums have received a Grammy Award for Best R&B Album. They are reflected in the leading column of the national music chart.
The singer's last album was Everything Is Love (2018) with Jay-Z).
17. All studio albums
Dangerously in Love (2003)
I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008)
Everything Is Love (2018, with Jay-Z)
18. Best songs
- Beautiful Liar
- Runnin' (Lose It All)
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
- Mi Gente
- Crazy In Love
- BLACK PARADE
- Perfect Duet
- Savage Remix
- If I Were a Boy
- Sweet dreams
- Run the World (Girls)
19. Failed the first relationship
Parting with a guy at the age of 19, with whom she maintained a relationship for several years before the break, led to a two-year depression in the singer.
20. Beyoncé and Jay-Z
For a long time, she hid her relationship with her future husband, rapper Jay-Z.
The couple officially sealed their relationship on April 4, 2008. The general public learned about the marriage of the rapper and pop diva only three weeks later; Beyoncé did not even put on a ring before the event at which the couple revealed the truth.
At the end of August 2011, at the MTV Music Awards, the expectant mother announced her interesting position, effectively demonstrating her already prominent tummy.
This message got into the Guinness Book of Records for the number of reposts and the speed of distribution on Twitter.
On Christmas Eve 2012, Beyoncé and Jay-Z welcomed their daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
There is a sad moment in the life of the eminent couple, which they told about much later than the incident itself. The singer survived a miscarriage, which prompted her to help women suffering from infertility or having difficulty conceiving.
Two days after the birth, the baby became the charts star. The young dad included a recording of the first cry of a newborn in his composition “Glory,” dedicated to the birth of his daughter.
Wanting to keep the moment of Blue Ivy's birth a secret, the expectant mother applied under an assumed name to a New York clinic.
In early February of this year, an official statement appeared in the media that the singer was pregnant again. This time the couple was expecting twins.
22. Danger during the second birth
During the second birth, the singer became a mother of many children. A son and a daughter were born. Only a year later, Beyoncé decided to reveal the details of the circumstances. As it turned out, the second birth was complicated and almost cost her her life: an emergency cesarean section was performed. During the operation, her internal organs were moved and even removed, which not everyone can survive.
On the kids' birthday, the woman weighed about 100 kilograms, had terrible tissue edema, suffered from toxicosis, and was on bed rest. Complications forced her to stay in the hospital for several weeks in intensive care with care for premature babies. The husband gave her maximum support, for which the star remained grateful to him from the bottom of his heart.
During the recovery period, Beyoncé admitted that she was in a state far from perfect, but this did not bother her at all. As she put it, each life period has its tasks. She is not ready to go to the gym at a time when her body is so much in need of rest. The star is happy that she has the opportunity to take care of her children. Later, the singer quickly found an excellent physical shape and set to work.
23. Cheating Jay Z
In 2015, Jay Z cheated on his wife, and the couple went through difficult times, being on the verge of a divorce. The heroine's feelings poured out in the creation of the album "Lemonade," where almost every song was dedicated to the theme of infidelity and pain. The rapper referred to a difficult childhood and forced closeness, expressed under challenging relationships with women, particularly in treason ... Creativity helped get out of the problem. The couple managed to gain strength and take a fresh look at their relationship.
Currently, the spouses pay enough attention to each other and their children. As Jay Z admitted in an interview, they made a joint effort, looking pain in the face, to avoid the standard exit, namely divorce.
24. Deleted photo
The most "spectacular" photo-toad occurred with the singer's performance at the Super Bowl (2013). It was called "remote from the Internet." So there was a legend about the image seized from the network through the court. In reality, Beyoncé's publicist requested BuzzFeed asking them to remove the not-too-flattering photos from the web. Thus, her letter riveted the public's attention to the pictures, making them legendary.
Instead of complying with the request, the BuzzFeed editors published these pictures in a separate article with specific caustic comments about the PR woman not wanting to put them on public display. They supplemented the paper with a screenshot of the email. Photo-toads have spread through forums, imageboards, and social networks.
A little later, a Photoshop battle of the author's creation was released on behalf of Deadspin, after which the images topped the list of memes. Five of the seven shots have been removed from Getty Images. But they remained in the original BuzzFeed notes. In the future, publications such as Pikabu, YaPlakal, and JoyReactor periodically summed up "the lawyer's actions to remove the singer's photo," taking the opportunity to remind him again, which was ironic.
25. Rivalry between Beyoncé and Rihanna
It is difficult to say which of the two singers is more successful because each is talented and unique. Both artists have crowds of fans; their super attractiveness distinguishes them. According to some rumors, the singers cannot share something among themselves. Beyoncé suspects Rihanna has a very ambiguous relationship with her husband, Jay Z.
She extracts confirmation of this, in particular, from the lines of songs that allegedly mention the role of a rival in the life of a spouse. As it became known, Rihanna tried to convince the representatives of Roc Nation that she deserved a higher income. The question arises, what exactly is the rivalry of two talented stars: in welfare or recognition from a man?
26. Style and images
The " mermaid " silhouette suits the singer very well, drawing attention to her distinctive forms and magnificent hairstyle. Bodycon midi dresses - models on which the star emphasizes, as well as fitted and flared at knee level, look highly advantageous. Variegated, dark, metallic colors and the most unexpected combinations of shades suit the mulatto woman with her characteristics. She wore bright loose-fitting outfits during pregnancy and did not stop at the mini, even with weight gain.
Often, star bows cause frank controversy, which is more often about the combination of fabric textures: for example, lace, nude, fur, or fringe at the same time. The "gypsy" style is considered unsuccessful by critics: open shoulders, a long dress train, elbow-length gloves, and fabric boots - all in black and yellow.
Extravagance, and brightness, born of a creative impulse and charisma, are emphasized by the singer's dozens and hundreds of wigs, acquired throughout her performances and appearances in public. Their total cost is about a million dollars. Femininity, cheerfulness, and sexuality are the hallmarks of Bee's image, expressed in bold, large prints and colorful accessories.
27. In the style of Jennifer Lopez
The images of Beyoncé are often borrowed from Jennifer Lopez, as evidenced by the multiple coincidences of the outfits of both stars, photographed during celebrations and public appearances. The fact that B appears in similar businesses after J. Lo makes her a "follower." Viewers can track down specific dates when the style or design of the dress was precisely duplicated by Beyoncé, albeit at a decent interval - from a month to several years.
This was seen in the most varied but striking pieces, for example, a sheer long dress with lace, a dark sequined jumpsuit, a dress made of crystals, a sheath dress, and many other outfits combined with hair, and makeup, accessories borrowed from J. Lo.
28. Beauty and plastic
The attractiveness of Beyonce's body is due to the balanced ratio of volumes: with a height of 169 cm and a weight of 59 kg, the circumference of the chest, waist, and hips are 89, 66, and 102 cm, respectively.
On account of the singer are rhinoplasty, mammoplasty, liposuction, and skin whitening. The operation to correct the nose in 2004 allowed the artist to get rid of breathing problems. The nose began to look more elegant, while the face retained its individuality.
Beyoncé's lips have also been reduced, as a result of which they have become more defined, and the face as a whole has become more aristocratic. There is an assumption that in 2002 the singer's chest was enlarged with silicone implants, but it is possible that the star only corrected.
Compared to previous photos, the chest outlines have more bulges and roundness. Beyoncé's hips are only speculation. The buttocks look exceptionally natural, and if it were not for the silicone liners accidentally noticed by reporters at one of the performances, there would be no doubt at all.
The singer is making serious efforts to maintain fit forms. She struggles with impaired metabolism, goes in for fitness, and sits on diets. But some pictures clearly show the residual effects of liposuction - uneven areas in its relief.
29. Bite on the face of the singer
Not so long ago, it became known who bit Beyonce's face. The attacker turned out to be actress Sena Lathan. The incident happened at a party in Los Angeles in 2019. Before this, Tiffany Haddish revealed only some details of the conflict between the two celebrities, keeping silent about the second heroine. After the unpleasant facts surfaced, Father Lathan expressed fear that his daughter's career would decline due to publicity.
Others are sure that any rumors are only for the benefit of Latan's popularity. It all started with Sena flirting with Jay Z, after which Beyoncé told her everything she thought about her. Sena retaliated by biting the singer. According to Beyoncé, the actress was influenced by drugs and alcohol.
He is an active member of charitable organizations. Among them are those who are engaged in targeted assistance in the fight against infertility, general-purpose funds, and service to women in difficult life situations.
In 2012, the singer became an ambassador for the World Day of Aid campaign; on this occasion, a video was shot where she called for sympathy and charity. Help those in need whenever possible.
31. Creation of a perfume brand
Under the name Beyonce, a US perfume brand operates, which was launched after the conclusion of a contract with a celebrity. When creating a product under a well-known character from the sphere of arts, sports, and politics, an agreement of this kind is practiced. Coty Corporation copyrights the perfume brand. The Beyonce brand, since 2010, has been offering perfume connoisseurs over ten types of fragrances, distinguished by the classification and originality of compositions.
Most of the products made under the legendary name have acquired the status of bestsellers and received the highest rating from consumers. The Beyonce design house has collaborated with well-known contemporary perfumers, including Claude Dir, Olivier Guillotin, Carlos Vinels, Bruno Jovanovic, and others. Thanks to them, the commercial success of the brand has taken place. Top selling fragrances are Heat Kissed, Heat Seduction, Heat Ultimate Elixir, Heat Wild Orchid, Midnight Heat, Pulse NYC, etc.
32. Beyoncé in commercials
In the list of her advertising activities, multi-million dollar contracts with Pepsi, Loreal, and American Express.
33. Favorite number
The favorite number of the famous pop diva is 4. Her mother's birthday is the 4th; she got married on the 4th, and her and her husband's birthdays also fall on the 4th. Singers - September 4, husband - December 4.
She loves light makeup, which consists only of touching up the eyelashes with mascara. In this way, she rests from the abundance of cosmetics and makeup at work.
35. Financial well-being of the family
Beyoncé, at the age 36, took first place in the Forbes income ranking. Her earnings in 2017 amounted to $105 million. Once again, the title of the queen of pop music, one of the three highest paid singers in the world, and a woman who earns more than others in the musical field, was confirmed.
Together with her husband, Jay Z, the singer records music and makes world tours. Before the birth of their children, she released the Lemonade album and attended the Formation tour, after which she went on a well-deserved rest with peace of mind. A significant part of the income is made up of advertising contracts. About 120 million people have subscribed to the star. Each post brings her about 700 thousand dollars. Brands with which the singer has established cooperation: Armani, L'Oreal, Pepsi, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.
The singer's assets amount to 350 million dollars. Her husband, Jay-Z, is $1 billion.
36. Recognition from a sports magazine
Sports Illustrated's published a photo of Beyoncé on the cover of their summer issue in 2007. This fact is noteworthy in that this is the first and only photograph of a non-athlete and non-professional model that graced the cover of this magazine.
37. Beyoncé is one of the most hated stars of our time due to her complex nature.
38. The wax figure of the singer in London's Madame Tussauds cost $ 80,000, and the artist herself had to pose for the exhibit for more than 3 hours.
39. At school, the girl disliked history and mathematics.
40. In 2006, the celebrity presented the Diamond Award to Michael Jackson at the World Music Awards.
41. The star loves chicken legs, but she doesn’t know how to cook at all.
42. Bee received an unprecedented honor at the Oscar ceremony in 2005, performing 3 of her hits at once.
43. Barbie dolls were made for Destiny's Child - copies of the group members.
44. A celebrity wears wigs, but lately, at official events, he often appears with natural hair.
45. Beyonce's phrase "tired of being sexy" is the basis for the name of the Portuguese group Cansei de ser Sexy.
46. In 2007, for the first time in the history of Sports Illustrated magazine, a singer and not a supermodel appeared on the cover.
47. The singer has a hobby - drawing, but she does not plan to put her work on display.
48. Favorite show of the singer and actress - Jersey Shore (Beach).
49. She loves the movie A Star Is Born; it's her favorite movie.
50. Beyoncé considers actress and supermodel Kate Moss the style standard.
51. In her free time, she likes to spend time at home watching TV or watching the Brooklyn Nets game in the stadium in the front row with her husband.
52. People magazine declared her the most beautiful woman in the world in 2010.
53. From the real estate has a condominium in Miami and a house in the capital of Great Britain, London.
54. At a young age, the talented singer won a vocal competition with John Lennon's "Imagine."
55. Beyoncé's mother helps and supports her talented daughter from the beginning of her career. She designed the wardrobe for the young Destiny's child.
56. The design house Dereon was named after her grandmother.
The Australian Open began its journey in 1905, but received recognition only in 1969, until that time the tournament was not professional and did not have such prestige. Since 1988, it has been played on hard, although grass was originally the main surface. For a long time the organizers could not decide on the time of the tournament.
There was a time when the AO was held during the New Year holidays, which is why the leading tennis players sometimes preferred to skip the tournament in order to tritely spend Christmas at home and not the strongest ones won at all in those years. By the method of many trials and errors, changes of surface and venue, we now have one of the highest quality and most comfortable for tennis players, the first TSH of the year.
1. In 1905, the first championship took place, which was called the "Championship of Australasia", in which athletes from Australia and New Zealand took part. The championship has been played in six cities in its history, leaving the Green Continent twice when the games were played in New Zealand.
2. In 1927, the tournament was renamed the "Australian Championship", and in 1969, when professionals were allowed to participate in the tournament, it changed its name to the "Australian Open Championship". In 1977, the championship was held twice - in January and December. This was caused by the transition of the tournament to December. After 10 years, the tournament was again postponed to the usual January, in connection with which the tournament was not held in 1986. Twice more the tournament was interrupted due to world wars. In 1988, the tournament moved to the new Melbourne Park Tennis Complex.
3. Tournament record holders are Australian tennis players. Roy Emerson won 6 times in singles, among women Margaret Smith Court became 11 times champion. She also owns the absolute record for the number of titles in all categories - 22 wins.
After changing from grass to hard, they started using rubber, but with the advent of high temperatures, the rubber melted, began to stick, stink, which led to big health problems for athletes and general well-being. After that, in the early 90s, Australia changed the manufacturer to the Plexicushion brand, which is still used today. The coating belongs to ITF Category 4 - Pace: Medium-Fast, in other words, the category is medium, but is classified as fast. This coating option is definitely faster than the previous one, but at the same time it allows tennis players of any style to play comfortably and, most importantly, does not turn into a sticky, hot "frying pan". Now the organizers have gone even further, in 2017 the tournament should be held on innovative courts! The Australian Open team presented the updated Rod Laver arena with a wooden surface!
4. The longest matches in the championship are: for men - (314 min.) Rafael Nadal - Fernando Verdasco 6:7, 6:4, 7:6, 6:7, 6:4 (2009), and for women - (259 min.) Barbora Zahlavova-Strycova - Regina Kulikova 7:6, 6:7, 6:3 (2010)
5. 19 years separate Australian Ken Rosewall's first and last singles title. In 1953 Ken won his first title, in 1972 his fourth. The Australian is both the youngest and oldest men's champion.
6. In December 1977, 6 months after the birth of her daughter, Yvonne Goolagong became the champion in singles for the fourth time. Thus, the Australian tennis player became the first mother who managed to win the BS tournament in the Open Era.
7. The last Australian tennis player to win at home was Chris O'Neill. By the time of her victory, she was ranked 111th in the world rankings, thus becoming the winner of the lowest rank in the history of the Open Era SH tournaments.
8. In 1984, AO began to gain international interest, and for the first time, the television company ESPN broadcast matches in the United States.
The end of January for us is the time of the year for a few warm sweaters and knitted socks, while in Australia during this period of time there is a record heat. The Australian summer is actually very sultry, life is further complicated by the hot wind from the desert, sometimes even the spectators feel bad, what can we say about tennis players. In 2014, a record was set, the heat kept at 41 degrees for several days. In that year, the record for the number of refusals in one round was set, 8 men and 1 woman. So Dantsevich in a match with Per just fainted. In this regard, a high temperature policy has been introduced, so the match can be stopped if the heat threatens the health of the athletes.
9. Winning in 1985 in succession at three tournaments - Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne, Martina Navratilova became the only tennis player in history who managed to make a hat-trick on the Green Continent.
10. Winning in 1997, Martina Hingis became the youngest GS champion of the 20th century.
11. To qualify for the second round of the AO-97 men's doubles event, Australians Wayne Arthurs and John Island had to play the longest set in Australian Open history. Their match against Italians Christian Brandi and Filippo Messori ended with the score 6:3, 3:6, 29:27. The entire match lasted 4 hours and 36 minutes of "clean" time - this is without taking into account the more than two-hour break due to rain, which the judge on the tower was forced to announce with the score of 25:25.
12. On January 21, 1997, due to the incessant heat that heated the courts to 60 degrees, chief arbiter Peter Bellenger agreed for the first time in the history of Grand Slam tournaments due to the heat to cover Center Court with a retractable roof.
13. The first official match between the Williams sisters took place on the Melbourne courts. In two sets, the elder sister Venus won.
The shortest match in time was not recorded, but this is definitely one of the matches won in a clean sheet with a score of 6-0; 6-0; 6-0. There were 6 of them, although all of them were played at a non-professional level. As for the longest match, it's more transparent here. 2012, Novak Djokovic - Rafa Nadal, tennis players spent 5 hours 53 minutes on the court, by the way, this match is also the longest final of the Australian Open tournament in history.
14. 21-year-old Nicolas Escude in 1998 set a record for professional Open Era tournaments: no one has ever managed to win three five-set matches in one competition, losing the first two games in each of them. The French defeated Magnus Larsson, Richie Reneberg and Nicholas Kiefer.
15. The 2001 AO was the first Grand Slam to feature a "royal" tie-break instead of a full-fledged third set in mixed doubles.
16. In 2002, Melbourne set a record among all the BS for the number of wins won by players who lost the first two sets. 13 tennis players managed to do this 14 times - Dominic Hrbaty, Fernando Vicente, Julien Buttier, Stefan Kubek (twice), Byron Black, Jose Acasuso, Ivan Lubicic, Carlos Moya, Jiri Novak, Nicolas Escude, Rainer Schuttler, Nicolas Lapentti and Wayne Ferreire. Before that, no BS tournament had more than 10 such victories.
17. Martina Navratilova, along with Leander Paes of India, set the all-time record in 2003 by winning a Grand Slam tournament at the age of 46 years and 3 months. Australian Norman Brooks, when he won the Australian Open in men's doubles in 1924, was a month younger than Martina. In Navratilova's career, this is already the 57th Grand Slam title, in the future Martina will double her achievement.
18. Right at the beginning of the 2005 AO, a doping scandal erupted in the tennis world, provoked by the Minister of Sports of Belgium, who at first stated that a prohibited drug was found in one of the samples of the participants in the demonstration tournament (Henin, Deshi, Dementieva and Kuznetsova), and already on The next day, the minister named Kuznetsova's name. As a result, the Belgian was not able to back up his words with anything, which caused even more bewilderment from such behavior of a member of the government of a European country.
19. In 2005, Marat Safin and Serena Williams, having played match points (1 and 3 respectively) in the semifinal matches against Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova, eventually became champions.
20. Russian tennis players became Australian champions nine times - Kafelnikov, Safin and Sharapova won in singles, Kournikova (twice) and Kuznetsova - in pairs, and Olkhovsky, Bovina and Likhovtseva in mixed doubles.
21. Aslan Karatsev performed superbly at AO, becoming the first and, so far, only Open Era tennis player to reach the semi-finals at his debut Grand Slam tournament. In the first round, Aslan beat the Italian Gianluca Mager 6:3, 6:3, 6:4, in the second round he defeated the Belarusian Egor Gerasimov 6:0, 6:1, 6:0. In the third round, he sensationally defeated the ninth racket of the world, Argentinian Diego Schwartzman 6:3, 6:3, 6:3. Karatsev actively won 50 goals in this match, and Shvartsman only 5. Karatsev also won 10 out of 11 breakpoints.
22. In the 1/8 finals, Aslan defeated the 19th racket of the world, Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime in five sets 3:6, 1:6, 6:3, 6:3, 6:4 . In the quarterfinals, he defeated the 21st racket of the world and 18th seeded Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov 2:6, 6:4, 6:1, 6:2. In the semi-finals, Karatsev lost to the world number one and 8-time Australian Open winner Novak Djokovic with a score of 3:6, 4:6, 2:6. According to the results of the tournament, Karatsev entered the top 50 of the world ranking and earned more prize money for this tournament than in his entire previous career.
23. In general, the tournament was not very successful for Nadal, until the quarterfinals Rafa swept over his rivals, but stumbled in the quarterfinals, the Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas was still able to put the squeeze on the Spaniard in a difficult game: the match lasted a whole 5 sets. The first two took Nadal - 6:2, 6:2, but the next 3 were left for Tsitsipas - 7:6, 6:4, 7:5.
24. In the second round match against the American Michael Mmo, Rafa had an interesting situation. In the middle of the game, during Nadal's serve, the woman sitting in the stands began to make loud noises and interfere with the Spaniard in every possible way. When the referee asked her to calm down, she gave the player the middle finger. This greatly surprised Nadal, who asked: "Is this for me?". Nevertheless, the tennis player reacted to the situation with a smile.
25. Aslan Karatsev performed superbly at AO, becoming the first and, so far, only Open Era tennis player to reach the semi-finals at his debut Grand Slam tournament. In the first round, Aslan beat the Italian Gianluca Mager 6:3, 6:3, 6:4, in the second round he defeated the Belarusian Egor Gerasimov 6:0, 6:1, 6:0. In the third round, he sensationally defeated the ninth racket of the world, Argentinian Diego Schwartzman 6:3, 6:3, 6:3. Karatsev actively won 50 goals in this match, and Shvartsman only 5. Karatsev also won 10 out of 11 breakpoints.
26. In the 1/8 finals, Aslan defeated the 19th racket of the world, Canadian Felix Auger-Aliassime in five sets 3:6, 1:6, 6:3, 6:3, 6:4 .. In the quarterfinals, he defeated the 21st racket of the world and 18th seeded Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov 2:6, 6:4, 6:1, 6:2. In the semi-finals, Karatsev lost to the world number one and 8-time Australian Open winner Novak Djokovic with a score of 3:6, 4:6, 2:6. According to the results of the tournament, Karatsev entered the top 50 of the world ranking and earned more prize money for this tournament than in his entire previous career.
27. In general, the tournament was not very successful for Nadal, until the quarterfinals Rafa swept over his rivals, but stumbled in the quarterfinals, the Greek tennis player Stefanos Tsitsipas was still able to put the squeeze on the Spaniard in a difficult game: the match lasted a whole 5 sets. The first two took Nadal - 6:2, 6:2, but the next 3 were left for Tsitsipas - 7:6, 6:4, 7:5.
28. In the second round match against the American Michael Mmo, Rafa had an interesting situation. In the middle of the game, during Nadal's serve, the woman sitting in the stands began to make loud noises and interfere with the Spaniard in every possible way. When the referee asked her to calm down, she gave the player the middle finger. This greatly surprised Nadal, who asked: "Is this for me?". Nevertheless, the tennis player reacted to the situation with a smile.
29. The main Russian star at the Australian Open, of course, was Daniil Medvedev. He went strong throughout the tour, beating even a very charged Stefanos Tsitsipas in the semi-finals, and was really close to getting Russia's first win in 16 years at the Australian Open in men's singles.
30. Djokovic calmly started the final meeting, taking the first set, after which Danya slowed down in the game at the beginning of the second set, and in the end he completely broke his racket out of anger. At that moment, it became clear that the Russian had finally lost the match - at least mentally. Result: Novak's victory, 7:5, 6:2, 6:2. But still! In his youth (25 years old), Medvedev is already quite deservedly considered a tennis star and he has every chance to take his first “Slam” in the next year or two, which of course we wish him.
31. The main female sensation of the Australian Open was the Japanese tennis player Naomi Osaka, who at the age of 23 has already won the fourth Grand Slam tournament in her career. In 2019, she won the Australian Open, and in 2018 and 2020, Naomi won the US Open.
32. In the semi-finals, Osaka beat the infamous 27-time Grand Slam winner, American Serena Williams, with a score of 6:3, 6:4. And in the final, she dealt with another American Jennifer Brady - 6:4, 6:3. Thus, the Japanese woman rises in the rankings and becomes the second racket of the world and this, we recall, at the age of 23!
33. Of all the Baltic athletes at the AO, two Estonians, Kaia Kanepi and Anett Kontaveit, performed the best. Yes, they only got to the third round, but they showed themselves very worthy and showed great will to win. Kanepi beat Latvian tennis player Anastasia Sevastova in the first round - 6:3, 6:1, in the second round she sensationally outperformed last year's Australian Open winner Sofia Kenin - 6:3, 6:2, in the third round she lost to Croatian Donna Vekic in a close fight - 7: 5, 6:7, 4:6.
34. Kontaveit defeated Belarusian Alexandra Sosnovich in the first round - 7:5, 6:2, in the second round Heather Watson from Britain - 6:7, 6:4, 6:2, in the third she lost to American Shelby Rogers - 4:6, 3:6.
35. For the ninth time in a row, no one can beat Novak Djokovic in the Australian Open final. The Russian Daniil Medvedev did not succeed either. The entire tournament was dictated by Novak, none of the opponents could compete with him sensibly. Here are some facts from the final meeting.
36. Medvedev made 4 double faults against Djokovic's 2.
The percentage of accuracy of the first serve is better for the Serbian - 69% versus 65%.
Djokovic won 73% of the points on the first serve, the Russian tennis player has 68%.
37. Novak saved 2 break points out of 4. Medvedev saved 4, but the Serb had 11 chances.
Daniil made almost twice as many unforced errors - 30. Djokovic has 17 of them.
Thus, the Serbian tennis player won the 18th Grand Slam tournament in his career. According to this indicator, he is second only to Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, who won 20 tournaments each.
38. Over the past three years, 12 women's Grand Slams have been won by 10 different players; only Simona Halep and Naomi Osaka have won twice in that time span.
39. Djokovic won his seventh Australian Open in 2019 - the most titled male in the history of the tournament. He won the Australian Open every time he reached the semi-finals.
40. Of the last 14 Australian Open tournaments, 12 have been won by Djokovic (7) or Roger Federer (5). And Rafael Nadal (2009) and Stan Wawrinka (2014) only once each.
41. Victoria Azarenka (2012, 2013), Serena Williams (2009, 2010) and Jennifer Capriati (2001, 2002) are the only women to have won two consecutive Australian Open titles since 2000.
42. Federer won his sixth Australian Open in 2018, 14 years after his first win at the tournament. No tennis player has won multiple Australian Opens in such a long period of time.
43. Since 2005, only Serena Williams (2010, 2015) and Azarenka (2013) have won the title of the best tennis player at the Australian Open.
44. Serena Williams has not won any of the last 11 Grand Slams. The last win at the Australian Open came in 2017 when she was pregnant - the longest period of time without a major title for an American.
45. Petra Kvitova lost in the final of the Australian Open last year, the only time she has gone past the quarter-finals in her last 19 Grand Slam appearances since winning Wimbledon in 2014.
46. Nadal and Andy Murray have finished runners-up in 9 of the last 10 Australian Open men's finals. Murray lost five times and Nadal four times. Marin Cilic in 2018 is the only other tennis player to lose in an Australian Open final during that period.
47. The last Australian to reach the Australian Open men's final was Lleyton Hewitt in 2005 and the last Australian to win the title was Mark Edmondson in 1976 (against fellow countryman John Newcomb).
48. Another interesting record belongs to Mark Edmondson, the Australian in 1976, being 212 in the ranking, thus, being a non-seeded player, became the champion of the AO, setting an absolute record of all 4 TBSH and at the same time is the last Australian who managed to win at home major. Rosewall and Edmondson are the main heroes of their country, but we hope that at least one record will be updated soon.
49. In 2002, in the semi-final doubles match, Julien Boutier fought so selflessly on the court that in one of the episodes, with a powerful blow from the forehand, he killed a flying swallow, judging by the reaction of the audience, this only amused them.
50. Beetles on the courts are already a common thing, but what about the Heron?) The fauna of Australia is more interesting, so in one of the matches between Troicki - Muñoz de la Nava in 2016, the match had to be suspended a bit due to the appearance of a bird on the court.
Summer is probably the season that many of us look forward to the most. Of course, an important reason is that we associate it with the holiday and vacation period. Other arguments relate to the richness of delicious fruits or extended evenings in the garden, where we enjoy the wonderful smell of seasonal flowers. Whatever your reasons for loving summer, here are some funny memes from this summer!
Funniest summer 2022 memes
1. The Best thing
The squirrel, a species with the scientific name Sciurus, is an animal from the Sciuridae family, of which partridges and marmots are part. About 30 species of squirrels are known worldwide; the red squirrel is found most often in our country. The squirrel has a head-to-body length of 19-23 cm, a tail of 15-20 cm, and a weight of 250-340 g. Males and females are the exact sizes. The red squirrel is smaller than the gray squirrel, which has a head-to-body length of 25-30 cm and weighs between 400 and 800 grams. The long tail helps the squirrel balance and turn when it jumps from tree to tree, runs along the branches, and keeps them warm during sleep.
2. Forest ranger
3. Melting gold
4. It Makes sense
In the early years of Egyptian history, the bodies of pharaohs passed into the afterlife were kept in pyramids, massive stone structures built on the edge of the desert near the Nile. The pyramids were both royal tombs and religious temples, where the spirit - of "ka" - of the dead pharaoh would be worshiped.
The pyramids at Giza, on the west bank of the Nile, south of Cairo, were built of huge blocks of limestone and granite, each block weighing more than two tons. It is still a mystery how these giant stones were erected in the construction of the pyramids, especially since at that time, 4000 years ago, there were no machines and engineering methods to transport such weights. It is said that human force contributed the most to these incredible constructions. But there are many more mysteries that revolve around the pyramids of Giza.
Of all these, the Pyramid of Cheops, also called the Great Pyramid, aroused the most interest among historians, mathematicians, and archaeologists.
One of the seven wonders of the ancient world, the only one still standing, the Great Pyramid was built between 2700 and 2500 BC. For 43 centuries, until 1889, when the Eiffel Tower was built in Paris, it had to be the tallest building in the world, measuring 139 meters in height.
5. Electrical cords
7. You good?
8. Red pandas
The red panda is a small mammal with a long, fluffy tail and red and white marks on its fur. Although its name reminds us of the panda bear, these species are not closely related. The word "panda" was first given to these animals, not the larger black and white bear. The red panda is similar in size to the regular house cat. They are 51 to 66 centimeters long from head to toe, and their tail adds another 25.4 to 51 cm. They weigh from 4.5 to 9 kilograms.
Red pandas have large round heads and short snouts with large, sharp ears. Their fur is reddish-brown, although their faces are mostly white, with reddish "tears" extending from the eyes to the corner of the mouth. These markings can help protect from sunlight. They have long, bushy tails with alternating red and white rings. The bottom helps them maintain balance as they climb trees. The long, sharp claws help them climb the highest branches to stay in the sun or eliminate predators.
9. Intelligent life
11. Farming us
12. Australian animals
Due to its unique climatic and geological conditions, Australia is known for its distinctive creatures. Although kangaroos, spiders, and poisonous snakes are common animals that come to mind when considering Australian wildlife, many other animals are native to the country. Here are ten different animals that can be found in Australia.
Australia is home to almost 10% of the Earth's biodiversity, making it one of the 17 countries with vibrant flora and fauna. About 80% of the animal species found in Australia are endemic and not found anywhere in the world.
The continent's marine life is as diverse as its terrestrial life - off the north-east coast of Australia is the largest coral reef (covering an area of over 344 thousand square kilometers), as well as a variety of vast species of mangroves and algae. These habitats are home to various iconic fish and marine life, such as dugongs and sea turtles.
However, climate change, habitat fragmentation for the development of Agriculture, and invasive species put the animal in a position of threat. Local conservation organizations, the community, and indigenous peoples are directing all efforts to develop and implement single-continent wildlife conservation strategies.
13. Using sound
14. The skull vs. the animal
Chemistry is one of the sciences that profoundly impact our lives; the objects we use are made with the help of knowledge about their chemical composition. We must also add that this science can be used to understand and study much of the matter in the universe to which we have access because it is made up of atoms.
Chemistry studies matter, defined as anything that has mass and occupies space, as well as the changes it can undergo when subjected to different environments and conditions. Chemists try to understand the properties of matter, such as the mass or composition of a chemical element and how and why matter undergoes specific changes.
At the base of much matter is atoms, the smallest chemistry analysis unit. There are much smaller particles, but they are the object of study in some frontier fields or even of other sciences altogether.
16. Front door open
17. Worst plot
19. Tomato is the fruit
20. Fusion restaurant
21. Ugly guys
22. About sharks
23. A door
24. So hot
25. Roses are red
26. Bear spray
27. as kid
30. Sad conclusion
31. That’s a system
33. Did you know?
35. Fear animals
37. Smallest carnivore
38. Not an expert
39. Hottest summer
41. They are shells
42. Wave back
43. Cool info
44. History channel
45. What’s wrong?
46. About existence
47. The earth vibes
48. Scariest thing
49. Mature enough
50. Mind readers