50 interesting facts about pets
People have long acquired a variety of domestic animals, taming their wild species. Breeding and geneticists joined the work, and many of the popular favorites were bred artificially. Some people have very peculiar tastes, and sometimes they have the most unusual pets.
Most interesting facts about domestic pets
1. People have long acquired a variety of domestic animals, having tamed their wild species.
Later, breeders and geneticists joined the work, and many of the now popular favorites were once bred artificially.
3. Both cats and dogs help relieve stress and nervous tension, relax and unwind at the end of the working day. They give positive energy to their owner.
4. Scientists suggest that the first domestic animal was a wild wolf, tamed by ancient people in ancient times. He is also the ancestor of most dog breeds.
5. The Incas tamed such popular pets as guinea pigs about 7000-9000 years ago for agricultural purposes.
6. In Arab countries, nobles kept large predators from time immemorial, and cheetahs enjoyed special honor. But not everyone could afford them, and wealthy people, but not overly rich, got themselves caracals - an African lynx. By the way, they are still relatively popular.
7. The most dexterous dog in the world was the Labrador and Collie mix.
8. Dogs have about a hundred different facial expressions. With the help of their ears, dogs can make various grimaces.
9. Amazingly, these animals can smell if there is a cancerous tumor in the human body.
10. Food containing chocolate (sweets, a piece of cake, etc.) is contraindicated for dogs. For them, chocolate is a poison and can cause very severe poisoning.
Cats are incredibly clean. They devote a quarter of their time to licking their fur! But they take care of themselves for cleanliness and accuracy. A cat licks off a vitamin D substance, which is necessary for its health.
12. In complete darkness, a cat can navigate with the help of whiskers.
13. Cat jaws cannot move to the sides.
14. Cats sleep about 18 hours a day, and cats love to breathe fresh air.
15. Cats can develop a speed of 19 kilometers per hour.
16. Compared to dogs, cats have a better memory.
17. A sign of a cat's well-being is when a cat licks its body.
18. Often, people keep birds as pets, parrots in particular.
19. Parrots do not have vocal cords. Imitating human speech and making other sounds, they use their tongue and beak.
20. Budgerigars are very jealous. If the partner has changed, the female will peck him mercilessly, and her beak is very sharp. Therefore, males show their interest in other females when no one is watching.
21. Males conquer females with the help of singing. As soon as the parrot hears the sweet-voiced singing of the male, she immediately assumes a mating position.
22. Males and females treat offspring differently. The female feeds the babies in turn, and the male gives food to the chick that screams the loudest (as if trying to “shut up” his mouth faster).
23. There are lovebirds. This name was not given to them by chance. A pair of birds are very devoted to each other. However, after the death of one parrot, the second immediately needs to find a new friend. Otherwise, he may not survive.
24. Recently, it has become fashionable to have a hummingbird as a pet.
25. Domestic cats meow only when they communicate with people. And for communication with each other, meowing is useless to them.
26. Hunting dogs were the favorite pets of the French kings.
27. The Labrador in the United States is recognized as the most popular dog breed.
28. By the number of favorite pets, cats break all records.
29. In third place among the most popular pets are ferrets.
30. Rats at home cannot be kept alone - without the company of their kind, they wither and feel sad. They always need company.
31. The smell in cows is much more subtle than in dogs. These ruminants can smell at a distance of up to 8-10 kilometers.
32. If a cow has her eyes closed, she is not necessarily asleep, even if she is lying at that time. She's probably just dozing. For these animals, the most important thing is to relax.
33. Cows watch their relatives and learn from them. For example, if one of them were electrocuted by an electric fence, the others would not come close to it.
34. These animals are squeamish and will never pluck grass where cow cakes have recently been lying. For more than 8 hours a day, a cow continuously chews grass, and a cow can perform more than 90 chewing movements per minute.
Cows do not like to sleep side by side as pigs do. They prefer to lie separately. A cow will not lie down in the mud.
36. Horses are a few animals that can recognize themselves in photographs.
37. The wild ancestors of modern domestic horses died out so long ago that little is known about them even now.
38. Goldfish are trendy pets and can live in room temperature water.
39. Females of some aquarium fish, seeing the danger, put the babies in their mouths. And when the situation is calm again, they are released into the wild.
40. Females of some fish give birth without fail in the presence of "spectators," other fish. The more observers, the more fry are born.
41. Pigs also have a highly developed sense of smell. They distinguish many odors. Therefore, in some countries, pigs work in customs, for which they are pre-trained.
42. In France, pigs are still used to find truffles, fabulously expensive mushrooms.
43. They also showed themselves well as hunters and rescuers. For example, a pig can sense a game at about 40 meters. She can find a person lying under the snow.
44. And what pigs are champions in is in sex. The orgasm of the female lasts about 10 minutes, and the male at a time spews up to 0.5 liters of semen.
45. Pigs are also good swimmers.
46. UK law provides a fine for negligent pet owners if their pet is obese.
47. For many pets, mold is poisonous and deadly.
48. Domestic rabbits often like to play hide and seek, both with their owners and each other.
49. More than 11 kilograms can weigh rabbits.
50. In most countries, it is against the law to keep dangerous wildlife such as large carnivores or poisonous reptiles in the home.
Christmas is coming! Family meals, carols, Christmas tree decorations and other activities specific to this period make us say that the magic of this holiday is unique.
But do our pets enjoy the coming of Christmas as much as we do? We want to believe that yes. That is why we consider that the furs of the house are also waiting for the coming of Christmas. But Bemorepanda will also give you some tips on how to spend Christmas safely.
1.Looking at Christmas lights
2.Ruining the Christmas Light
In winter, most of the time, we are delighted with the white snow that spreads everywhere. Most cats do not enjoy the first snowflakes, but dogs can't wait to roll through it. A walk through the snow-covered park will surely charge you with energy and good cheer.
Who doesn't love gifts? Surely your pet will be happy to receive a new collar, a new toy or, why not, a coat. At shop you will find toys, accessories and clothes in the theme of winter holidays to enjoy a magical Christmas with them.
The greatest pleasure of cats during this period is certainly the empty gift boxes. So, while you enjoy the gifts you receive, the cats will enjoy the boxes they came in. We say it's a win-win situation.
Time spent together.
This period is also adored by the quadrupeds of the house and due to the attention we pay. As winter activities in the garden and household are less and less, we have more free time to play with pets. In this way you will contribute to their well-being for a long time.
5.When you love heights
6.Work is done
Everyone's favorite holiday New Year can be overshadowed by problems with our pets. We are happy about the holiday, and all this can cause stress, malaise and even worse for pets. We suggest that you be very attentive to the advice of veterinarians and ensure your pets are completely safe.
One of the most exciting topics for many of us is fireworks. Dog owners know firsthand what a difficult time comes during the New Year holidays. For some reason, cats are attracted to the Christmas tree, like a magnet, and birds hunt for homemade food. Most serious health problems for pets can be avoided by considering 6 important things and thinking not only about your holiday mood, but also about those we have tamed.
Cats happily eat tinsel and rain from foil - this can be deadly, surgery is often necessary to remove the foreign body to avoid intestinal injury. Cats also show interest in artificial spruce needles. Most often, such problems occur in long-haired and semi-long-haired cats during molting. Since the cat's tongue is equipped with keratinized papillae, which capture dead hairs. A hairball forms in the cat's stomach - a phytobezoar, from which the cat seeks to get rid of. To rid the cat of it, it is necessary to give a special food for removing hairballs, malt paste or sprouted oats. Then the cat will not try to eat inedible items. Indoor plants will also remain safe. But it’s better not to use tinsel to decorate the tree.
Dogs and cats often take an interest in electric garlands. It is recommended to hang them higher and turn them off when leaving the room. Be aware that dogs are very susceptible to electrical shock. Cats are also not indifferent to low-current wires.
11.Ho Ho Ho
Glass breakable toys are dangerous for animals. Debris from them can bite into the paw and cause severe bleeding. In addition, a piece of glass may be swallowed by your pet, causing intestinal trauma.
And, finally, do not forget that the tree must be properly secured - if it falls, it can injure the animal. You can additionally spray the tree with a spray to scare cats away from indoor plants. Be aware that spruce needles can dig into the delicate pads of cats and dogs, which can cause pododermatitis. If your animals are young and playful, then you can limit yourself to a bouquet of spruce branches or a small designer Christmas tree. Clean the surfaces of the fallen needles every day.
14.Favourite Santa toy
15.Ready for Santa
Many dogs are very afraid of New Year's fireworks, volleys of firecrackers and rumbles. It is necessary to accustom the animal to the clapping of firecrackers in advance. For example, you can turn on the dog to record the holiday fireworks at first quietly and then louder. You can give your dog an anti-stress complex based on medicinal plants and vitamins, about which it is better to consult your veterinarian. Keep in mind that these medications must be started two weeks before the New Year. Remember that your dog can get hurt if he grabs the firecracker.
Do not take your pet for a walk on New Year's Eve, take a walk in the evening and early in the morning. Keep your dog on the leash. Replace the collar with a harness to prevent the pet from twisting out of it. Attach a tag to the collar. Remember that a large number of dogs are injured and killed under the wheels of cars, frightened by explosions of firecrackers. If the dog is panicky afraid of fireworks, then you can celebrate the New Year at the dacha.
18.Where’s the cat?
Do not give anything to animals from the table. This leads to indigestion, poisoning and serious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. In addition, food allergies can occur in the animal. Dishes prepared with the addition of salt, sugar, spices and preservatives are categorically contraindicated for pets. If you have birds in your house, let's fly indoors where the table is not set.
Feed the animals their normal food, be sure to provide them with enough drinking water and close them in the next room. You can prepare a special holiday treat for them. But do not forget to replenish pet food stocks before the New Year, because the workers of pet shops also rest on the New Year, and supplies may be interrupted due to the New Year holidays.
Never give alcoholic beverages to animals. And do not go out for a walk with the dog intoxicated. Just in case, be sure to attach an address tag to the dog's collar and do not let go of the leash. Try to stay away from drunken companies, because the dog can show aggression. It is better to put on a muzzle on a large dog for your own peace of mind and in order to avoid conflict situations. Do not let small children go for a walk with the dog.
Unfortunately, sometimes the owners, in a state of alcoholic intoxication, forget their pets on the street, which leads to frostbite of the paws in quadrupeds and colds. If you are going to celebrate, it is best to leave your pet at home. Maybe for relatives who prefer a quiet home celebration.
32.All is not calm
39.Can’t wait for Christmas
43.Stuck in Christmas tree
45.Wow, Christmas lights
48.Cats and Christmas
59.Every year same story
60.I will get it anyway
62.Dogs and Christmas tree
64.Putting Christmas lights on
65.Such a cute buddy
70.Waiting for Santa
71.La la la hop
76.Christmas tree ooohh
77.A new Christmas toy is here
78.Model for Christmas
80.What is that?
81.Waiting for the mood
82.Where is Santa?
84.Cat owners of Twitter
87.I am a Christmas toy
88.This cute face
89.Who did this?
90.The magic is here
91.Inlove with the Christmas tree
94.Ready for Christmas
95.Ho Ho Ho
99.Christmas decor today
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Pets dispel loneliness and anxiety, bring joy and maintain the well-being of those around them, many studies show, and not under normal circumstances, but in the isolation required during this period to limit the spread of coronavirus, they prove to be more than that.
After craving for a pet, Barney, the cavalier King Charles spaniel, could not have arrived at a better moment, says Marie Brown. “We picked him up the day before lockdown. The timing is a godsend.”
The puppy has helped her children, aged 12 and 15, adjust to life at home in Sevenoaks, Kent, without school, sport or much of a social life.
"I brought Barney home the day before the isolation was imposed. It was a perfect timing, "a woman confessed to The Guardian.
Barney is a king charles spaniel knight, and after a few years when the woman's two 12- and 15-year-olds insisted on a puppy, he entered their lives. Barney now helps them adapt to life in self-isolation, without school, without too many outdoor activities and without social life.
"Certainly Barney makes us less stressed and raises our morale," says the woman. He borrowed his neighbors' dog Somewhere in north London, Honey, a two-year-old cockapoo, smiles on the lips of a doctor struggling to withstand the crisis of coronavirus. "When my husband enters the house, she is there, waiting for him at the door. The next moment, he is on the floor and playing with Honey.
You can see how stress and fatigue and anxiety disappear, ”says a woman living in Highgate, London.
He borrowed his neighbors' dog
Somewhere in north London, Honey, a two-year-old cockapoo, smiles on the lips of a doctor struggling to resist the coronavirus crisis.
"When my husband comes into the house, she is there, waiting for him at the door. The next moment, he is on the floor and playing with Honey. You see how stress and fatigue and anxiety go away, ”says a woman living in Highgate, London.
Someone else borrowed his dog, a griffin brussels named Loki, to the neighbors, "for their own good and his."
"We remember that life goes on"
"He is very sociable and cannot understand how he went from being treated like a star to seeing me and my husband daily," says Loki's mistress. "We are reminded that life goes on" Belle and Little Tyke, two London cats, are a comfort to a mother and her 11-year-old son living in Birmingham.
"We realized that when it all goes wrong, it is very nice to have them near us - we are reminded that life goes on," says the owner of the two cats.
The kid confesses that every time he feels worried or sad, he takes Little Tyke in his arms and immediately feels better.
The 18-reptile boy
Not only dogs and cats can be perfect pets. An 18-year-old from Wales says his reptiles have helped him overcome anxiety and depression.
It has 18 animals, including turtles, snakes and lizards. His favorite is Lily, a nine-month-old Argentine lizard.
"I have a special connection with her. I put my hand on the floor and run at me like a puppy, ”says the young man, for the British newspaper.
Animal adoptions in the UK have increased
Animal shelters have seen an increase in the number of adoptions in recent weeks, although most of them have been closed to the public.
"A dog is for life, not just for isolation", draws attention to Dogs Trust, the NGO that launched the famous slogan "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas" / "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas ”.
Reddit is a site that calls itself the "first page of the Internet". The most popular things on the web get here with the help of users. The process is simple and I will try not to be too complicated.
Reddit is thus a kind of social aggregator of news and content, which is based on the popular vote. The community is known to be very pretentious and tough, but the entrance is harder, because Reddit catches on quickly, through the addiction it creates.
One of the most popular categories is IAmA, meaning Ask Me Anything, where over time many personalities have come to answer the questions of the rulers. Bill Gates and Barack Obama were among the most popular sessions, with the US president even blocking the site due to the large number of visitors.
But let's not forget the aww animal category, which impresses with its sweetness. Bemorepanda collected the top of them.
5.Eyes full of inocence
7.Choose all of them
9.Stay with me
17.A small mister
19.Wanna bath with you
22.Members of royal family
26.5 months vs 3 months
27.Monkey and snow
When we say that two people live “like a cat and a dog,” we mean that they are not on very good terms. Although, of course, none of them would be insolent enough to steal the bed from the other! Cats that, without a twinge of conscience, offend large and formidable dogs, and show them who is the boss in the house.
1. What a pain!
2. But I don't hear that this is Sharika's bed
4. In the process of solving the problem
5. Even when there are many, I still deserve the best.
6.I felt sorry for you
8. Never Give Up!
9.Dogs that are resigned with their position in the house
10. Can I even put my paw on?
11. The dog won, but for some reason it seems that it will not be long!