25 compared outfits of the stars from their first and last appearance at the famous Met Gala
The first Monday in May is an important date for those interested in fashion. Since 1948, this day has hosted a luxurious ball dedicated to raising funds to benefit the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute, abbreviated as Met Gala. An invitation to this event is an important symbol of recognition for many stars because only A-list celebrities can receive it. From year to year, the theme of the ball changes, and, based on this, guests must follow a specific dress code. This year it was labeled "Gilded Glamor."
Met Gala 2022 stars
We at Bemorepanda decided to look at the outfits the stars chose for their first legendary ball and compare them with this year's companies.
Sophie Turner. 2015 vs. 2022
Kaya Gerber. 2021 vs. 2022
Emma Stone. 2009 vs. 2022
On May 3, the annual Met Gala Costume Institute ball was held at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York.
The event was dedicated to one of the brightest periods in American history - the Gilded Age. It lasted from the 1870s to the 1890s. It was characterized by the rapid growth of the US economy and population after the Civil War.
The chairman's board and the global editorial director of Vogue, Anna Wintour, also included designer Tom Ford and the head of Instagram (the company that owns Meta is recognized as an extremist organization), Adam Mosseri. The evening was hosted by actors Regina King, Blake Lively, and Ryan Reynolds.
Kim, Khloe and Kourtney Kardashian, Kris, Kylie, and Kendall Jenner, Gigi and Bella Hadid, Billy Eilish, Hailey Bieber, Brooklyn Beckham and Nicola Peltz, Elon, and May Musk, Naomi Campbell, Irina Shayk, Kaia Gerber took to the red carpet, Cara Delevingne, Emily Ratajkowski, Chloe Moretz, Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner, Emma Stone, Sarah Jessica Parker, Julianne Moore, Jessica Chastain, and many others.
Jessica Chastain. 2011 vs. 2022
Maisie Williams. 2021 vs. 2022
Lily James. 2017 vs. 2022
Lucy Boynton. 2019 vs. 2022
New York hosted the annual Met Gala Ball, the famous charity fundraising event for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute, which invites the most famous stars. Especially for this event, fashion houses prepare for their clients - guests of the show - special outfits, sewn in a single copy for the ball. The ball is expensive even for celebrities: a ticket costs about 25 thousand dollars, and a table reservation costs 200-300 thousand dollars.
Part of the broadcast was devoted to Ukraine. Hamish Bowles spoke about Kyiv resident Valentina Sanina-Schlei, who founded the fashion house of the same name in the United States. Her clothes are considered classics of American design. Sabina graduated from the Kyiv gymnasium.
“The war in Ukraine forced many to leave their homes. We remember the contributions of millions of immigrants and refugees to American culture and American fashion history. In 1917, designer Valentina, born in Ukraine, came to New York. She established herself as an elite couturier, dressing the most fashionable and famous women of her time. One of her dresses is on display at the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute exhibition on American fashion. This night our hearts are with the people of Ukraine and the victims of the war worldwide. Conde Nast donated to the Red Cross Committee. We encourage you to do the same if possible,” he said.
Chris Jenner. 2015 vs. 2022
Cardi B. 2018 vs. 2022
Gwen Stefani. 2010 vs. 2022
Emily Ratajkowski. 2015 vs. 2022
Kim Kardashian 2013 vs. 2022
Kim Kardashian appeared at the party in the legendary "naked" Marilyn Monroe dress, exhibited at the Ripley Museum, and was sewn in 1962 by designer Jean Louis. In this outfit, the famous blonde sang “Happy Birthday, Mr. President" in honor of the 45th anniversary of John F. Kennedy. The dress was rented for only an hour to take a photo on the red carpet. During the holiday, the rest of the time, Kim showed off a copy of the outfit. The one-of-a-kind outfit, which Marilyn once paid $1,440 for, was last sold at auction for $4.81 million, making it the most expensive Met Gala red carpet dress. He is 60 years old.
Actor Jared Leto came to the Met Gala in a Gucci suit, with a stylish clutch and flowing hair. The artist was accompanied by Gucci's creative director, Alessandro Michele, in the same image.
Dakota Johnson. 2014 vs. 2022
Chloe Bailey. 2021 vs. 2022
Winnie Harlow. 2018 vs. 2022
The topic of defiant luxury caused controversy on social networks; many criticized the organizers of one of the most important events of the year in the fashion world for not taking into account the current situation in the United States, where many working-class families barely make ends meet due to high inflation and a shrinking economy. In the last quarter.
Riz Ahmed, a British actor and musician of Pakistani origin, known to the Russian audience for The Sound of Metal and Star Wars, came to the ball dressed as a "smart worker."
He stated that his costume is a tribute to the immigrant workers, thanks to whom, in his opinion, that golden era in the country's economy became possible.
This charity event is being held again in May - after being canceled in 2020 and postponed to autumn last year due to the coronavirus epidemic.
This time around 400 celebrities from the worlds of music, fashion, cinema, and sports came to the Metropolitan Museum, one of the largest art museums in the world.
Among the guests was former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton. He admitted that for the first time in 20 years, this fashion holiday, which reflects the spirit of America, is celebrated in this way for the first time.
Tickets were, according to tradition, prohibitively expensive - from $35,000 for admission to $300,000 for a table. Every year this ball raises millions of dollars for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute.
Katy Perry. 2009 vs. 2022
Gigi Hadid. 2015 vs. 2022
Bella Hadid. 2015 vs. 2022
Chloe Grace Moretz. 2014 vs. 2022
Billy Eilish. 2021 vs. 2022
Kendall Jenner. 2014 vs. 2022
Nicki Minaj. 2013 vs. 2022
Blake Lively. 2008 vs. 2022
Sarah Jessica Parker. 2006 vs. 2022
The 2022 FIFA World Cup is planned for the first time in a Middle East country. Despite all the speculation, corruption scandals and proceedings, the Arab country is already in full swing preparing for the tournament, which in its scale and organizational aspects can at least partially surpass the recent World Cup games in the Russian Federation.
As the organizers themselves admitted, it will be difficult for them to achieve the same level and professionalism in organizational matters as Russia did. At the same time, according to the Qataris, their championship will be remembered for a long time not only by the fans, but also by the guests of the country.
1.This is the last FIFA World Cup with 32 teams - from 2026, the final will be expanded to 48 teams.
2. The logo of the World Cup 2022 is a ribbon symbolizing infinity and harmony, as well as the shape of sand dunes. The ribbon features traditional Arabic designs. In the logo, you can see the numbers 2 and 0 (associated with the year of the event). He is depicted in the colors of the Qatari flag and traditionally white Arab clothing. Qatar 2022 is written in ancient Arabic script.
3. The Qatar national team will take part in the final stage of the World Cup for the first time in its history. The state was automatically qualified as the organizer of the tournament.
4.8 stadiums from five cities will host the 2022 World Cup matches. To overcome the heat, the Qataris have pledged to equip stadiums with air cooling systems that maintain temperatures at no higher than plus 27 degrees Celsius.
The largest of the stadiums,Lusail Aykonik Stadium, accommodates 86,000 spectators and will host the 2022 World Cup final on December 18, 2022.
5. At the time of the World Cup in Qatar, the sale and consumption of alcohol will be partially legalized, but this can only be done in fan zones.
6. According to the estimates of the newspaper The Guardian, during the preparation of the 2022 World Cup in Qatar, more than 6.5 thousand migrants died, who worked in the construction of stadiums, hotels and other facilities. Most of the citizens of India - 2.7 thousand people, another 1.6 thousand - from Nepal, 1,000 - from Bangladesh, more than 800 - from Pakistan and just over 550 - from Sri Lanka. Earlier, human rights organizations have repeatedly reported violations of workers' rights at these construction sites and poor working conditions there.
7. Qatar will admit only fans vaccinated against coronavirus at the 2022 World Cup.
8. For the first time, all active members of FIFA will take part in the qualifying tournament.
9. Qatar's preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup are now 95% complete. On June 6, 2021, the Deputy Minister of Finance of Qatar for Economic Affairs Saud bin Abdullah al-Attiyah spoke about this at the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum.
10. French and Belgian coaches Didier Deschamps and Roberto Martinez, respectively, are 100% likely to be "at the helm" of their teams at the 2022 World Cup.
11. Ukrainian police will take part in maintaining order at the 2022 FIFA World Cup.
12. At the 2022 World Cup it will be possible to use flags with LGBT symbols. The Qatari authorities have pledged that they are ready to adhere tonorms FIFAaimed at fostering tolerance. At the same time, Qatar itself has strict anti-LGBT laws.
Fans will be able to use flags with symbols at stadiums. Also rainbow flags can be attached to corner flags.
13. FIFA has opened ticket sales for the 2022 World Cup final in Qatar, which can be purchased for a whopping 48,802 euros.
Fans registering for the package must purchase at least two tickets, totaling € 48,802, in order to qualify for the tournament's final game atStadium Lusail next year.
Fans will have access to a lounge area in the central sector of the stadium, where spectators will be offered a four-course meal, including soft drinks, soft and alcoholic cocktails, champagne, spirits, wines and beer. The service is available before the start of the match, during the break and after the match.
14. The North Korean national team has refused to continue to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
At that time, the DPRK national team had already played five matches in Group H of the World Cup qualification.
15. Former Arsenal head coach Arsene Wenger said that automatic offside detection could be applied at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Wenger is currentlyDirector of Global Football Development FIFA's.
16. It will be possible to get to the stadiums from the hotels either by metro, or by metro and bus. Trams and trolleybuses will also transport passengers at the World Championship.
17. The maximum distance between stadiums is only 56 km. It will take no more than an hour for football fans to get from one arena to another.
18. World Cup 2022 will be the most sustainable in the history of the World Championships.
19. COVID-19 will not affect the tournament. There will be no restrictions (other than vaccinations).
20. World Cup - 2022 for the first time in its history will be held in autumn and winter (from November 21 to December 18, 2022). In addition, the 22nd World Cup will be played in the Middle East for the first time.
Gala Met 2021. You have already seen the most elegant ones, but who are the worst dressed stars? (Photo)
Not so! In this article you will see the stars who made clothing mistakes on the red carpet. Or, in other words: the ugliest outfits from the Met Gala 2021. International fashion experts have given some verdicts related to the image mistakes of some stars. Here's who it's about.
Ciara, in a green Dundas outfit, violates important fashion principles. At the Met Gala you don't mix sports either: you don't use this appearance to advertise your boyfriend, so you don't show up with such a purse.
Ella Emhoff, in Stella McCartney, looks like a sandwich, say fashion critics. It's incomprehensible, and this red blinds you.
Lourdes Leon in Moschino. Extremely kitschy appearance, like a chair driven away by the sultan. The strong accessory is the underarm hair.
Kim Kardashian, in Balenciaga, seems to be promoting some incomprehensible symbols for the general public: she appears in a strange outfit, which hides her face. What other reason would she have than to follow the trend initiated by her ex-husband when she released her album Donda, and also appeared in a stocking?
Pete Davidson, in Thom Browne, a combination of priest and surgeon, says fashion critics.
Billie Eilish in Oscar de la Renta: although the outfit is spectacular, fashion experts strongly criticize her, saying that she does not have the necessary attitude for this outfit, that she looks like a depressed doll.
Serena Williams in Gucci. He looked like a transvestite superhero.
Zoe Kravitz in Saint Laurent. An outfit that is more suitable for going to the beach. Huge clothing blunder.
Warm and comfortable knitwear is in vogue this fall. In addition, based on a sweater, you can create many wow looks. It can be worn alone, over a shirt, or with a collar.
Several retro models have returned to the fashion scene this season. These include sweaters with voluminous "braids" and Nordic ornaments. It is best to wear such models with straight jeans, which do not distract from the print and texture.
Another fashionable piece that comes from the past is the zipper sweater and collar. They were very popular in the 1980s, and this year they could be seen at the shows of Jacquemus and Isabel Marant. Combine them with flared pants and vintage tracksuits. No less interesting is the combination of a zippered sweater and a medium length knitted skirt.
An easy way to look feminine and sexy, even in an oversized knitted sweater, is to opt for an asymmetrical neckline pattern. Of course, it is better to balance such looks with wide jeans or a skirt.
Kim Kardashian amazed with her appearance at the Met Gala! See who accompanied the star to the event, was it Kanye West? (Photo)
Kim Kardashian's appearance at the Met Gala shocked practically everyone, not only because she appeared fully dressed in a black outfit, even with her face covered, but also because she came to the ball with a man who would be rumored to be Kanye. The day after the event, the star revealed the name of the stranger hidden under a mask.
It turned out that Kim was at the Met Gala with the creative director of the Balenciaga brand Demna Gvasalia, but not with her ex-husband. By the way, he was responsible for the image of the star. Kardashian appeared on the red carpet in a black train jumpsuit, high boots and a mask that covered her entire face, even Demna "hid" completely behind the mask.
The stars also went to the after party together. Kim published a series of images with Demna, in which the designer was already without a mask.
But Kanye himself did not show up for the event, even though everyone thought he was hiding under a mask. "Kanye introduced Kim and Demna and contributed to the star's connection with the Balenciaga company," it was noted in an American publication.
Ever since some Sheffield cricketers decided to try a new sport and set up the first football club in history, every team that has ever tied on the square or on the grass of the world's great stadiums has been looking for opponents on measure. There have been club tours in Europe since the 19th century, in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, then continued in various forms among the world wars until the 1950s, but the history of the Champions League, as we know it today, would begin in South America!
8 groups of 32 teams in the first round guarantee a minimum of 6 matches played for each club and this new format replaces the eliminatory scheme played in the old CCE. The UEFA Champions League began its adventure of conquering the world in the autumn of 1992 (exactly when the first season of the Premier League began!).
Bemorepanda has collected 100 interesting facts for you.
1. Real Madrid scored the most goals - 439
2. And missed the most 231 goals
3. Porto suffered the most losses - 51
4. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Nicolas Anelka, Javier Saviola each played for 6 different teams
5. Ryan Giggs is a player with most Champions League appearances (19 rallies)
6. Iker Casillas played the most minutes (13,450)
7. Raul is the fielder with the most playing minutes (11,999)
8. Thierry Henry missed the most penalties (5)
9 . Zlatan Ibrahimovic and David Luiz are most removed - 4 times
10. Marco Balotta - the age goalkeeper (43 years and 253 days)
11. Cristiano Ronaldo - the player who won the most consecutive wins (14)
12. Péteri Ofori-Kwai - the young goalscorer (17 years and 195 days)
13. Arsene Wenger is the coach with the most appearances (19 rallies)
14. Carlo Ancelotti has coached the most teams (6)
15. Alex Ferguson is the coach with the most Champions League appearances (190 )
16. Arsene Wenger - coach with naib with most losses (49 matches)
17. Real Madrid (winner of the 2013/2014 season) with most goals per match (3.15)
18. Totalplayed 2533games Champions League
19. Total 1261 home wins, 650 away wins and 622 draws
20. Total scored 6,783 goals
21. Total shot 534 penalties, 125 missed
22. The most popular 1: 1 score met in 280 games
23. Real Marid, Barcelona, Porto and Manchester United are the teams with the most participation (20 draws )
24. Most productive match Monaco - Deportivo 8: 3 (05.11.2003)
25. Glasgow Rangers-Unira - the game with the most own goals (3 -20.10.2009)
26. Final (Real Madrid - Atlético) - the game with the most yellow cards (12)
27. The most common penalty is prescribed ingate the Arsenal(22 times)
28. most often disposed of players Juventus(20 times)
29. Kim Milton Nielsen - the referee, judging the most (53 games)
30. France - the country, represented the largest number of players (471)
31. Players of 124 nationalities played in matches
32. Daniel Amokachi - scorer of the first goal (25.11.1992 Bruges-CSKA 1: 0)
33. Lionel Messi and Luiz Adriano scored the most goals in one match (5)
34. Francesco Totti - oldest goal scorer (38 years and 59 days)
35. Celesten Babayaro - youngest debutant (16 years and 87 days)
36. Raul - youngest hat-trick at the age of 18 years 114 days (18.10.1995 Real Madrid - Ferencvaros 6: 1 (24, 25, 84 minutes)
37.13 Spanish teams have participated in at least one Champions League (Athletic, Atlético, Barcelona, Betis, Valencia, Villarreal, Deportivo, Malaga, Mallorca, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Sevilla, Celta)
38. Luis Figo and Ruud Van Nistelrooy scored the most spenalti (10)
39. Manchester United - the team the most times played a draw (52 times)
40. Barcelona scored the most goals in the gate (9)
41. Marco Van Basten - the author of the first het-trick Champions League (25.11.1992 Milan-Gothenburg)
42. Glasgow Rangers - the team that won the first away victory (09.12.1992 CSKA-Glasgow Rangers 0: 1). Although formally the meeting took place in Bochum (Germany)
43. Donetsk Shakhtar - the author of the biggest away victory 7: 0
44. Real Madrid did not score the most penalties (11)
45. The referees most often sent off players in matches against Barcelona (29 times)
46. Real Madrid is the team with the most victories in one competition (12 - 2001/2002)
47. Maccabi Haifa (2009/2010) and Deportivo (2005/2005) have not scored a single goal
48. Iker Casillas - the player who played most often in the starting lineup (149 times) and finished the match (145 times)
49. Alessandro Nesta - the player who did not score in 99 matches
50. Vanden Borre - the player who did not win in 23 matches in a row
51. Xavi - the player with the most wins (91)
52. Raul was the first to play 100 matches in the Champions League
53. Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring most often (29 times)
54. The biggest victory in the history of the tournament - Liverpool-Besiktas 8: 0 (06.11.2007 )
55. Carles Puyol won the trophy most of all as captain - 3 times
56. Roy Macaay - scored the fastest goal 10.12 seconds (07.03.2007 Bayern-Real Madrid)
57. Milan most often played in the finals (6 times), Bayern, Barcelona and Juventus (5 times), Real Madrid and Manchester United 4 times
58. Juventus lost more than all finals (4 times), Milan and Bayern 3 times
59. Real Madrid (4) and Porto (1 time) have never lost in the final
60. Cristiano Ronaldo has scored the most in one draw - 17 goals (2013 / 2014)
61. The biggest difference in the final - Milan-Barcelona (4: 0) 05/18/1994
62. Liverpool-Milan (3: 3) - the most productive final (05/25/2005)
63. 5 players with doubles in the finals - Daniele Massaro (1993/1994), Karl Heinz Riedle (1996/1997), Hernan Crespo (2004/2005), Filippo Inzaghi (2006/2007), Diego Milito (2009/2010)
64.4 players scored in two finals - Raul ( 1999/2000 and 2001/2002), Cristiano Ronaldo (2007/2008 and 2013/2014), Lionel Messi (2008/2009 and 2010/2011), Samuel Eto'o (2005/2006 and 2008/2009)
65. Carlo Ancelotti won the trophy three times (2002/2003, 2006/2007 with Milan and 2013/2014 with Real Madrid)
66. Coaches who won the trophy with different teams - Otmar Hitzfeld (Borussia D 1996/1997 and Bayern 2000/2001), Jupp Heinckess (Real Madrid 1997/1998 and Bayern 2012/2 013), Jose Mourinho (Porto 2003/2004 and Inter 2009/2010), Carlo Ancelotti (Milan 2002/2003, 2006/2007 and Real Madrid 2013/2014)
67. Oldest winning coach - Raymond Gutals (71 and 232 days)
68.6 times the winner was determined in a penalty shootout - Juventus-Ajax (1995/1996), Bayern-Valencia (2000/2001), Milan-Juventus (2002/2003), Liverpool-Milan (2004/2005), Manchester United -Chelsea (2007/2008), Chelsea-Bayern (2011/2012)after
69.1 time winner extra time - Real Madrid-Atlético 2013/2014 (4: 1)
70. Oldest fielder - Alessandro Costacurta 40 years old and 213 days (21.11.2006 AEK - Milan 1: 0)
71. Clarence Seedorf - the only one who won the Champions League with 3 different clubs (Ajax 1994/1995, Real Madrid 1997/1998, Milan 2002/2003, 2006/2007)
72. Frank Rijkaard is the only one who won the Champions League as a player (Ajax 1994/1995) and coach (Barcelona 2005/2006)
73. Final Milan-Liverpool (2004/2005, 2006/2007) and Barcelona-Manchester United (2008/2009 , 2010/2011) played twice
74. Real Madrid and Bayern - the team, who had gained the most consecutive wins (10)
75. 130 teams at least once participated in the draw of the tournament
76. Barcelona more than any win on the road - 45 matches
77 20 different stadiums hosted the final of the Champions League
78. In 13 of them the different winner was ahead
79. 14 teams lost all matches in the group stage of the Champions League - Kosice (1997/1998), Fenerbahce (2001/2002), Spartak Moscow (2002/2003), Anderlecht (2004/2005), Rapid (2005/2006), Levski (2006/2007), Dynamo Kiev (2007/2008), Debrecen (2009/2010), Zhilina (2010/2011), Partizan (2010/2011), Maccabi Haifa (2009/2010), Villarreal (2011/2012), Otelul (2011/2012), Olympique Marseille (2103/2014)
80. Real Madrid-Bayern have met the most in the Champions League - 22 times
81. Liverpool-Chelsea more often all met as representatives of one of the country - 10 times
82 5 finals played by representatives of the same country (Real Madrid-Valencia 1999/2000, Milan-Juventus 2002/2003, Manchestr e United-Chelsea 2007/2008, Bayern-Borussia D 2012/2013, Real Madrid-Atlético 2013/2014)
83. And only once by teams from the same city (Real Madrid-Atlético 2013/2014)
84. Marcel Desailly (Olympique 1992 / 1993 and Milan 1993/1994), Paulo Sousa (Juventus 1995/1996 and Borussia D 1996/1997), Gerard Piqué (Manchester United 2007/2008 and Barcelona 2008/2009) and Samuel Eto'o (Barcelona 2008/2009 and Inter 2009/2010) have won the Champions League twice in a row
85. Marcelo Lippi, Alex Ferguson and Carlo Ancelotti with their teams have4 times playedin the Champions League final
86. Jupp Hynckess, Rafael Benitez, Josep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti, Roberto Di Matteo and Luis Enrique won the trophy in their very first season
87. Chelsea is the only team to be eliminated in the group stage after winning the Champions League (2012/2013)
88. Athens (Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, AEK - 2003/2004), and London (Arsenal. Chelsea, Tottenham - 2003/2004) represented 3 teams each in the Champions League
89. Only Juventus (1995/1996) and Borussia D (1996/1997) managed to become winners in their country
90. Only Spanish teams won the Champions League in a row (Real Madrid 2013/2014 and Barcelona 2014/2015)
91. Brothers who won the Champions League - Frank and Ronald de Boers, Gary and Phil Neville, Gabi and Diego Milito
92. Brazilians scored the most in the Champions League - 747 goals
93. Raul was the first to reach marks of 50 goals
94. Van Tiggelen became the first player sent off in the match (25/11/1992 Porto - PSV 2: 2)
95. Alex Ferguson is the first coach to score 100 wins
96. 3,002 goals scored in the first half
97. 3,764 scored in the second half
98. 9 goals scored in extra time
99. 5848 players have played at least one minute in the match
100 343 coach took part in at least one match