Great ode to the mafia. 50 facts about the movie "The Godfather"
On March 24, 1972, The Godfather premiered in the United States and Canada. This year, the famous tape was again released on the screens. In honor of the 50th anniversary, Bemorepanda has collected 50 facts about the legendary film history.
Facts about the Godfather movie
The epic gangster saga The Godfather is considered one of the best films. The film has been quoted, imitated, and admired. The bright plot, the brilliant direction of Coppola, the fantastic performance of Al Pacino and Marlon Brando, the magnificent music - all this made the film "The Godfather" unforgettable.
1. In the 1960s, Mario Puzo was not the most successful writer. The father of five children suffered from gambling and was ruined. Creditors threatened to seriously injure him if the writer did not return $11,000 to them.
2. to get even with his debts, Puzo wrote the script for the film "Mafia" and brought it to the Paramount film studio. The author was advised to write a book and immediately forgot about him.
3. “I am ashamed to say, but I wrote The Godfather solely based on my literary research. I have never met a real crystal-clear gangster, ”the writer later admitted.
4. According to rumors, Puzo was inspired by Dostoevsky's novel The Brothers Karamazov.
5. While the book was being prepared for publication, the publisher leaked information, and Paramount decided to make a film based on Puzo's novel. For the film rights, the writer received $ 2 million.
6. The studio did not expect much success from the gangster drama until the book The Godfather, published in 1969, became wildly popular.
7. A novel by obscure author Puzo stayed on the NY Times bestseller chart for over 60 weeks.
8. Director Francis Ford Coppola was practically nobody at that time. He even founded American Zoetrope with friend George Lucas to prove his worth. But success came to Coppola from the other side...
9. The film studio wanted to entrust Sergio Leone to shoot The Godfather. But he refused and later regretted it immensely. After 11 years, the director took revenge by telling his story about gangsters - Once Upon a Time in America.
10. Directors Elia Kazan and Costa-Gavras also said no.
11. Coppola, like Puzo, did not know anything about gangsters. Moreover, he did not even finish reading the book "The Godfather," which many admired, tired of the overabundance of erotic scenes. “A third of the book is devoted to the anatomical problems of a minor heroine,” the director admitted years later.
12. The producers signed a contract with Coppola, counting on his Italian origin and the unknown as a director (you could save on the fee).
13. Through negotiations, Francis increased the film's budget from $2.5 million to $6 million.
14. During filming, the producers were unhappy with Coppola. But this continued only until he received an Oscar for the script for the film Patton.
15. The prototype of Vito Corleone is the famous gangster Joseph "Joe" Bonanno.
16. Corleone is the name of a small town in Sicily.
17. Laurence Olivier, Burt Lancaster, Anthony Quinn, Raf Vallone, and Ernest Borgnine were predicted for the role of Don Corleone. It was rumored that they asked for the part of "godfather" Orson Welles and even Frank Sinatra.
18. Puzo saw only Marlon Brando as Don Corleone. Coppola was of the same opinion.
19. The producers were categorically against the participation of the stellar Brando (he had a reputation, frankly, not very good) and set three, as it seemed to them, impossible conditions: the actor works for free, in case of disruption of filming he pays a penalty of $ 1 million, participates in auditions for general grounds.
20. Coppola took two operators and went to Brando's house to make samples. Seeing footage with a "real gangster," the producers found no objection.
21. Contrary to the producers' fears, Marlon did not disrupt a single day of shooting.
22. Brando often joked and arranged practical jokes. For example, in the scene where the guests were photographed at the wedding of Don Corleone's daughter, the actor suddenly took off his pants and showed everyone his butt. At that moment, there were 500 actors and extras on set.
23. Samples of unknown James Caan, Robert Duvall, and Diane Keaton, the director, did in his home. Coppola's wife even cut the men's hair to make them look like heroes.
24. The role of Michael Corleone could be played by Robert Redford, Warren Beatty, Jack Nicholson, Dustin Hoffman, and Robert de Niro.
25. "Unknown Ugly Shorty" Al Pacino did not suit anyone except Coppola. During filming, the producers could not understand for a long time when the actor would start acting.
26. Pacino agreed to a fee of $35,000.
27. Sinatra was considered the prototype of Johnny Fontaine. He thought that this image in the book was written off from him and even yelled at Puzo, meeting him by chance in a restaurant. So Fontaine practically does not appear in the film.
28. The scene where Sonny beats up Carlo takes four days to shoot. Seven hundred extras participated in it.
29. Real gangsters created the League for the Defense of the Rights of Italian Americans. One of the directions of their struggle was the eradication of the frequent use of the word "mafia." The producers of The Godfather were subjected to surveillance and intimidation. One of them even had to go to a meeting with gangsters. Fortunately, the word "mafia" appeared in the text only once...
30. The film "The Godfather" was filmed in 4 months.
31. A special secret show was arranged for the Mafiosi. The producers did not know about this "misconduct" at the film studio. However, the guests were delighted. The film became a cult classic for American gangsters.
32. The Godfather started on 400 screens at once. But people still paid resellers for tickets 3-4 times more to get to the session quickly.
33. On the day of the premiere, 32-year-old Coppola was nervous: “I think failure is inevitable. What I've done? Took a popular, full of piquancy and "strawberry" novel, and turned it into the endless chatter of a gang of bandits in dimly lit interiors.
34. Shortly before the premiere, Coppola joked in a conversation with the producers. If the film collects $ 50 million, they will buy him a Mercedes 600 limousine. When fees exceeded $ 100 million, Coppola went to order a car driven by the Pope and Francisco Franco.
35. A few months later, The Godfather became the highest-grossing film in US history, breaking the record for Gone with the Wind.
36. During the election campaign of Richard Nixon, he was compared to Vito Corleone. And it sounded like… a compliment. The term "godfather" also took root after the film's release.
37. At the Oscars in 1973, Coppola received the highest film award for the screenplay. And The Godfather became the best film.
38. Brando was named the best actor in 1972. But he refused the Oscar awarded to him, thus expressing a protest against discrimination against the indigenous population of America.
39. Composer Nino Rota was nominated for an Oscar for the best film score. Still, the nomination was canceled when it turned out that he did not write new music entirely but used and reworked his melodies from the film Fortunella.
40. According to the American Film Institute, "The Godfather" is ranked #1 in the list of the ten best gangster films.
41. Two years after the premiere, Coppola decided to build on the success and shot the film The Godfather 2.
42. The Godfather 2 won 6 Oscars.
43. In the Soviet Union, Roman Puzo first went to samizdat, until in 1987, it was published by the Znamya magazine.
44. The film "The Godfather" was one of the major hits in the underground video market of the USSR. But even those who did not have a "Vidik" knew him.
45. In 1985-1989. The USSR Ministry of Internal Affairs blocked Coppola's tape as "propagating a cult of violence."
46. The Soviet Union bought all parts of The Godfather only in 1990 when the third part of the legendary film saga came out. According to unofficial information, for $200,000.
The presentation of the film in the USSR took place at the Rossiya cinema. The sponsor spent 100 thousand rubles. The host was Nikita Mikhalkov, who is called Coppola's friend. Tickets cost 17-25 rubles.
48. The song "Speak Softly Love" to the melody of Nino Rota from the movie "The Godfather" was sung by Muslim Magomayev - in Italian, Sofia Rotaru - in Ukrainian, Renat Ibragimov, Emil Gorovets, and Nina Brodskaya - in Russian.
49. The restoration of the three parts of the film for the 50th anniversary of the premiere of The Godfather took three years. Experts studied 300 boxes of film. For more than 4,000 hours, they eliminated stains on negatives and restored color—more than 1000 hours of color grading.
50. The film was re-released in 4K Ultra HD.
These are 15 excellent adventure family movies that adults can safely show their children and enjoy watching for themselves. This list contains touching stories about animals that save people from trouble and become their life companions. Here you can find magical worlds, the passage carried out through a hollow tree, a massive wall, or simply thanks to your imagination. And, if you don’t like any of this, then look at the pranks of schoolchildren who get away with it but help them grow as individuals. These pictures are recommended for viewing by the whole family because such a movie can make you believe in a miracle again, or at least cheer and distract from everyday problems for at least a couple of hours.
15 best family movies that are guaranteed to keep your kids entertained this summer
You have a free evening, and you will spend it with your family. Our selection of the best family films will help you choose a movie for this occasion. As many as sixty stunning paintings are perfect for a cozy family evening.
15. The Call of the Wild, 2020
IMDb rating: 6.8
Genre: adventure, drama
The picture's protagonist is a kind and quick-witted but very trusting dog Buck, a mix of St. Bernard and Collie. Initially, he lives in warm and sunny California, from where he is taken out by scammers and sold to Alaska, gripped by a gold rush (gold mining in California in 1848-1855. - Approx. ed.).
Baku will have to become part of the dog team, deliver the mail, and then become the leader of the male dogs. But stability does not last long, and soon they want to sell Buck again. An elderly prospector rescues him (a person who extracts minerals. - Approx. ed.) named John Thornton. John will become a real friend to Buck and help him find his way.
14. Nicostratos le pelican, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: comedy drama
Janis's mother dies, and his father, Demosthenes, closes in on himself from grief and does not seem to notice his son. The only reminder of a past happy life is the pectoral cross that Janis left from his mother.
Once, the boy met the ship captain, known for his bad temper, and saw him have a pelican chick, which he exchanged for his mother's cross. With the help of a familiar monk, Janis raised and tamed a bird, which he named Nikostratos. Soon, the hand-held pelican became a local landmark. Tourists began to flock to the city that wanted to see Nikostratos.
The friendship between the boy and the bird ended on the day Nikostratos was hit by a bus. Demosthenes took the bird and took it to die. Janis fell into depression, but he noticed that his father periodically disappeared from the house, even in this state. It turned out that Demosthenes, in secret from his son, treated the bird and taught the pelican to fly. This story is a vivid example of how one kind of activity changes many people's lives.
13. My Dog Skip, 2000
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: Drama, historical
This is a story about how a pet can radically change the boring life of a modest boy from a provincial town. Will Morris is given a puppy that helps him overcome his shyness, make friends, and finally start living life to the fullest.
12. Hector and the Search for Happiness, 2014
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: comedy-drama, adventure
Hector is not the most successful psychotherapist. He worries his patients are not getting happier. To fix this, Hector sets off on a journey to find the secret of happiness. He will meet various people and be taken prisoner in Africa. All these events will show Hector that happiness depends on the person himself and his ability to appreciate simple things.
11. Real Steel, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.0
Genre: science fiction, drama
This sci-fi movie takes us to the future. Boxing and similar sports are banned because they are considered inhumane. Instead of them, there are battles of giant robots controlled by people. The main character is Charlie Kenton, who trains robots. A series of failures haunt him, and he also learns that his ex-wife has died and, therefore, their familiar son Max will now live with him.
Together with his son Charlie, he finds an outdated but competent Atom robot in a landfill and begins to participate in illegal battles with him. Max shows extraordinary abilities and helps to make a champion out of the found robot in fights. After a series of victories in the Real Steel tournaments, Atom has to go to battle with Zeus, the recognized leader of the Living Steel, whom no one has been able to defeat. Can Charlie and Max win this fight as well?
10. We Bought a Zoo, 2011
IMDb rating: 7.1
Genre: comedy drama
Another picture is based on actual events. Benjamin Mee lost his wife, but a son and a daughter survived. He buys an old house with a zoo. There are still employees who want to revive it.
It turns out that restoring the zoo will cost $100,000, which Benjamin doesn't have. He is ready to give up, but it turns out that the late wife left him an account, the amount of which will allow him to complete all the work. Will Benjamin manage to build relationships with children and revive the zoo?
9. Bridge to Terabithia, 2007
IMDb rating: 7.2
Genre: fantasy, drama
Even though this film belongs to fairy tales, it is based on actual events in the family of the author of the script.
Jess and Leslie are schoolchildren who cannot find mutual understanding with their peers. They get closer to each other. On one of their walks, they find an abandoned tree house in the forest and turn it into the fabulous kingdom of Terabithia known only to them.
Meanwhile, the guys have to confront school bullies in the real world and learn to uphold justice. They're doing pretty well until Leslie dies. Can Jess save Terabithia on his own?
8. Lady Bird, 2017
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: comedy drama
This is a story about the complexities of teenage life. The main character Christina lives in a low-income family, studies in a Catholic school with strict rules, and plays in the school theater. The girl has red-pink hair. She dreams of leaving her hometown and enrolling in a prestigious college on the east coast of the United States.
7. I Can Only Imagine, 2018
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: musical drama
The film is based on the life story of musician Bart Millard. Viewers are shown the story of the problematic relationship between Bart and his father, Arthur. After his father's death, Millard creates a rock band and travels. But the words that he never said to Arthur while he was alive haunt him. So Bart writes the song "I Can Only Imagine," which becomes a platinum hit.
6. Demain to start, 2016
IMDb rating: 7.4
Genre: comedy drama
The main character of the picture, Samuel, finds himself in a strange situation. Ex-girlfriend Kristin leaves his three-month-old daughter Gloria in his care and disappears. The guy has to move to London, start working as a stuntman and raise a girl. Over time, the girl becomes essential to him, but suddenly Christine returns and wants to take her daughter.
5. Best in Show, 2000
IMDb rating: 7.5
What can be dramatic in a show where dogs perform? Everything is not simple, and behind each animal that takes part in the competition, its owners have a complex story. This picture shows what people are ready to win.
4. Little Miss Sunshine, 2006
IMDb rating: 7.8
Genre: comedy drama
The main character of this tragicomedy, Olive, is only seven years old, but she knows exactly what she wants. Her goal is to win the beauty contest. To help the girl, the members of her complex family unite and throw all their efforts into making the girl's wish come true.
The path will not be easy, and the heroes will face scandals, showdowns, and losses. But as a result, they will understand that success is not the only thing that can bring happiness. And sometimes the most important thing is to be surrounded by loved ones.
3. The Pursuit of Happyness, 2006
IMDb rating: 8.0
Genre: Drama, biography
This movie is based on actual events. The main character Chris Gardner is abandoned by his wife, who leaves him a son. The boy is only five years old, and together with his father, he will have to endure many difficulties.
An unsuccessful investment in medical equipment makes Gardner bankrupt. He and his son have to spend the night in the subway and shelters. And during the day, he diligently plays the role of an ultimately successful person to undergo an internship at the school of brokers. This job is Chris' dream and his only chance to secure an everyday life for himself and his son. Will Gardner be able to persevere and not give up on the path to happiness?
2. Wonder, 2017
IMDb rating: 8.0
Even for adults who are not like others, life is complicated. But what about when you are eleven years old, and your face remains unusual even after 27 operations? In this situation, the protagonist of the film August "Auggie" Pullman, finds himself.
A boy who suffers from a genetic disease will have to go to a regular school with "normal" children and join their team. This film shows how important it is to maintain humanity and kindness even under a hail of ridicule and misunderstanding. These qualities can change others and make them think about their behavior.
1. Hachi: A Dog's Tale, 2009
IMDb rating: 8.1
A story based on actual events. Once upon a time, university professor Parker Wilson found a tiny puppy of the Akita Inu breed on the street, took him home, and named him Hachiko. As a result, Wilson acquired a devoted friend who accompanied him every morning to work at the railway station and met him there in the evening. Everything in Hachiko's life changed when Parker didn't come home from work one evening. The dog continued to wait, no matter what.
Where to watch the latest and best family movies: on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video?
The growth of streaming services has continued rapidly over the past few years, with many platforms available offering all sorts of entertainment for all tastes.
However, two remain the most talked about: Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. They offer similar functionality: TV shows and movies are available to watch at your leisure. They offer 4K HDR content and offline viewing. This makes it difficult to choose between them.
Netflix has a handful of films with titles like The Irishman that make a big splash on the service. There are several Netflix exclusives, but outside of them, the movie selection tends to get old - it's back catalog stuff, not somewhere you go to watch the latest blockbusters. Since everything is part of a Netflix subscription, there is no natural way out of it.
Amazon has the upper hand here. Because it offers content to rent or buy, you can find newer stuff and pay for it. Some may not want to fork out the money. Still, if you're going to watch something in particular, Amazon will often have it available for some before Netflix does.
Amazon then tends to offer some movies as part of Prime, but that's the flip side of the dual approach - sometimes you see something you want to watch, and then you find out you have to buy it. Netflix never does this to you, so you will never feel disappointed.
Let's just say that choosing between Netflix and Amazon Prime Video is not an easy task. It will most likely come down to two things: price and preference.
You need to consider which type of movies and shows you enjoy the most and compare the results of each incredibly original and exclusive content. Top Gear fans, for example, will no doubt want to subscribe to Amazon's The Grand Tour service to watch the exploits of Jeremy Clarkson and his henchmen.
Comic book fans would prefer to choose Netflix due to the content partnership with Marvel Studios. However, there is now a move to DC with Disney + taking Marvel under its roof. Netflix is probably the best single access to streaming content - with so many big shows running through the service, watching it is practically a must.
On the other hand, Amazon is a much larger platform - content to rent or buy, additional channels to subscribe to - Amazon offers a lot beyond streaming entertainment. Of course, the TV service is essentially free for those who pay for Amazon Prime.
Could you live with Amazon Prime instead of Netflix? Of course, you can - you will have a lot of entertainment. The question is, can you live without Netflix, which still dominates streaming communication.
This is a huge traditional sale, a fabulous time when all self-respecting stores are competing to see who has more discounts. Black Friday began in the USA as a great excuse to buy gifts before the Christmas holidays. This is the first Friday after Thanksgiving and falls between November 23rd and 30th. At this time there were always sales, and in the 60s the term "Black Friday" itself appeared.
Over time, the wave was picked up by the whole world: the more competition, the more discounts that attract even more people. So this snowball is rolling, causing a crazy stir. Someone needs gifts, someone has been waiting the whole year for the opportunity to buy an expensive thing, and someone enterprisingly buys everything and then sells it at auctions at a higher price.
People wait patiently for Black Friday for months, and then all at once pile on stores and grab goods in an hour. And if the Internet sites at this time simply hang on the number of people, then in real shopping centers madness, crush, assault and other types of simple human fun are happening. Bemorepanda prepared some interesting facts about Black Friday for you:
1. In 2020, Black Friday falls on November 29th, which marks the beginning of the biggest sale of the year worldwide. Some stores prefer to open early, and some even agree to work around the clock.
2. Aliexpress is perhaps the most popular store during the promotion days, discounts up to 70% on already cheap goods attract crowds of buyers.
3. eBay this year promises discounts of up to 50%, you can buy anything on sale: from a food processor to sports equipment, the main thing is to pay attention to the delivery terms.
4. For the first time this term sounded on September 24, 1869 during a panic in the US stock market: then the gold rate collapsed by 30%, ruining many small businesses.
5. In the fifties of the XX century, severe traffic jams on the roads of Philadelphia, which began after Thanksgiving Day, were dubbed Black Friday - the traffic police could not cope with the traffic collapse.
6. Massive sales after Thanksgiving have been (and continue to be) a hefty profit.
7. In America, sales had an additional meaning: sellers not only got rid of surplus goods in store for Thanksgiving, but also attracted those who wanted to shop early for the Christmas holidays.
8. Many sellers sin by raising prices in early to mid-November in order to effectively lower them on the day of the sale (and achieve those same ninety percent discounts). The total discount is obtained either much less than the declared one, or even absent altogether.
9.In 2018, according to the estimates of the National Retail Federation of the United States, on Black Friday itself, Americans made $ 6.2 billion (23.6% more than in 2017), and just over the weekend 165 million people were shopping.
10. Despite the proliferation and increase of online shopping, many shoppers still prefer physical stores, and more than half of those who were flattered by last year's sales were shopping both in stores and online.
11. The fashion industry is still more likely to be in the rearguard of Black Friday in terms of the number of buyers and, of course, the amount of the check. For example, consumers are projected to spend, on average, just over $ 250 each on clothing and footwear (by comparison, the average furniture bill is likely to be over $ 700).
12. True, while brands like H&M, Topshop and Mango offer discounts on almost the entire assortment, then for Farfetch and Net-a-Porter Black Friday becomes a reason to sell off the rest: special discounts apply only to the Sale department.
13. In recent years, Amazon, Argos, Boots, Currys, Debenhams, Halfords, House of Fraser, John Lewis, Littlewoods, Morrisons, Tesco and Very have been among the most active members with the best discounts.
14. Which states that 87% of Black Friday special pricing items can be purchased for the same price or even lower at other times of the year.
15.When shopping, please note the explanation for the special offer. Sometimes stores simply indicate the price "was-now", where the product was sold at the old price almost six months ago, but not yesterday.
On the one hand, Black Friday really looks like a thoughtless celebration of consumerism - and therefore aggravates environmental problems, for which the fashion industry is also responsible. On the other hand, it is possible to preserve sanity even during total stunning sales. Glossy magazines also call for this - with materials in the spirit of "What timeless things to buy at a discount" or "How to assemble a basic wardrobe for a sale." “Trends are cool,” admits Who What Wear, but warns that they won't work in a wardrobe unless you have a solid base to pair them. "And it doesn't have to be expensive."
There is nothing wrong with discounts in and of themselves, and even more, it is a great opportunity for many buyers to "jump" into a more expensive and high-quality clothing segment and choose durable items made from sustainable materials and in compliance with the principles of sustainable development. You can deliberately support brands that refuse discounts in favor of charitable initiatives. Finally, a big sale could be a good non-sale solution.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
Art requires sacrifice! This is exactly how film directors seem to reason, sometimes subjecting actors to difficult tests, so long as their emotions are as realistic as possible. And no matter how terrible it may sound, such harsh methods pay off.
Tricks of directors who helped to get real emotions from actors
Of course, what the actors have to go through is known only to themselves and the film crew. It remains for us to enjoy the wonderful game and genuine emotions of the heroes and heroines of the films.
But today you can go behind the scenes and find out what tricks directors use to make everything that happens in the frame look believable.
1. In Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, no one was warned about the boat scene, the spooky tunnel, or the Gene Wilder song, so the children's worried faces don't look fake.
That's not the only surprise - Peter Ostrum, who played Charlie, had no idea Gene would be so pissed off in Wonka's office, which is why he looks so depressed.
2. Everyone on the Titanic knew the water was going to be cold, but they weren't prepared for how cold it would actually be. The water was so cold that Kate Winslet couldn't stop shaking during the ax scene.
Despite shooting in extreme conditions and even hypothermia, Kate said she didn't want the water to be warm, because then she would never know what it was like to be in a similar situation.
3. Michel Gondry, director of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, encouraged actors to do things that others didn't expect. In some scenes he asked Kate to be funny while Jim was told to be serious
According to Michel Gondry, although he eventually got into the process, such jokes made Jim nervous - everyone but him was encouraged to improvise, and there were several moments when he seemed to be really taken by surprise.
4. In "Mary Poppins", the kids playing Jane and Michael had no idea that Mary's bag had some kind of "magical" properties, so when she pulled the whole hanger out of it, their emotions were genuine.
Karen Dotrice, who played Jane, recalled that the crew went to great lengths to make sure she and her on-screen brother Matthew Garber were busy on set to distract them from what was happening.
5. And in The Alien, none of the kids saw the doll until filming started. The film was shot in chronological order, so their first impressions were completely real.
Steven Spielberg had several ways to get the most out of the kids: the writer took notes when they chatted during filming and also encouraged them to improvise.
6. It had a similar idea - children were kept away from Bill Skarsgård to capture their first frightened reactions on film.
Although they were clearly frightened by his clownish antics and intense scenes, none of the children seemed to be as frightened as Bill feared.
7. In "The Mockingjay, Part 1," the director filmed and edited test footage of Pete's interviews that will be played during scenes with Jennifer Lawrence. Jen missed working with Josh Hutcherson so he knew showing him on screen during her scene would elicit an emotional reaction.
According to Francis Lawrence, filming the interview scenes only took a few hours, and while it was hard for Jennifer to see Josh only on screen, it helped her feel some genuinely painful emotions.
8. The Blair Witch Project actors were given a 35-page script and asked to improvise. They were taken into the woods, and as you can imagine, the results were horrendous.
If you don't know the story, the film was presented as "restored footage" of three directors who disappeared after searching for the Blair Witch. For eight days, the actors worked almost around the clock and seven days a week, and were even deprived of food. Their realistic performances and some extreme promotional methods have led many people to think that they are actually dead.
9. To recreate the revolutionary spirit, the actors of Les Misérables were told to build a barricade in 10 minutes. All this time they were filmed, and what they did ended up being used in the film.
The actors didn't know where the cameras were placed and it looked quite chaotic, but the barricade turned out to be quite realistic, and only needed to be secured a little to keep it up.
10. To prepare for Saving Private Ryan, all the main actors were sent to a 10-day boot camp with harsh conditions, except for Matt Damon, who remained in America. Matt's character was meant to be repulsive, and he was intentionally left out to keep the on-screen hostility as realistic as possible.
The conditions at this boot camp were really not sugary, and the fact that Matt was at home at this time naturally created a negative attitude towards him. Training was so hard that after four days everyone wanted to quit,
The conditions at this boot camp were really not sugary, and the fact that Matt was at home at this time naturally created a negative attitude towards him. The training was so hard that after four days everyone wanted to quit, but Tom Hanks persuaded them to pull themselves together. Matt said that when he eventually showed up on set, his co-stars were hostile towards him and it showed on screen.
11. When Alan Rickman was filming the end of Die Hard, the director told him that he would count down from three and that Hans would fall to his death after he said "one" but told the stuntmen to let him go first.
The actor was dropped just a moment earlier than he expected, but there is genuine fear in his eyes. And although Alan, as you might imagine, was not too happy with such a trick, the end result was worth it.
12. While filming The Exorcist, director William Friedkin fired a gun on set to really scare the actors.
In his defense, Friedkin said that he used blanks, but the actors portrayed exactly the emotions that he needed, and at the same time looked very believable.
13. Jay Baruchel was so afraid of roller coasters that he even made a deal with Knocked Up director Judd Apatow to film the earthquake scene naked if he didn't have to ride any of the rides. However, those who have watched the movie know that Judd did not keep his promise.
Jay was sure that his agreement with Judd was still valid (Jay told him that he was going to have a panic attack), but on the right day, Jonah Hill did not appear for the shooting of this scene, and Judd persuaded Jay to film instead of Jonah. Therefore, the screams in the film are real.
14. Steven Spielberg hired a female stuntman to play the first victim in Jaws. She was tied to a cable, and the diver was ready to pull her under the water. After the first few takes were unsuccessful, Spielberg ordered the actress to be dragged under the water unexpectedly for her - so although the shark was a prop, the victim was drowning as if in reality
All this looked so realistic that many thought that the girl was really injured. It was rumored that her ribs and hip were broken, but in fact she was not injured, except for the fright from the unexpectedness of what was happening.
15. The first dance at the Yule Ball is one of Harry's most awkward Goblet of Fire moments, and it's no coincidence that Daniel Radcliffe had a lot less time to memorize the choreography than the rest of the cast.
In the book, Harry is described as a bad dancer, and thanks to Daniel's busy filming schedule, this was reflected in the film. While he was busy filming the tournament scenes, the other actors spent all their free time choreographing. They rehearsed a lot together, while Daniel had only four days to prepare for the ball.
16. It's more of an accident when nature took the actors by surprise, but it's worth mentioning. There is a scene in Call Me by Your Name where Elio and Oliver are climbing the hill towards the waterfall. It's a happy scene, but the actors' cheers are actually reactions to nettle burns on the field.
Director Luca Guadaningo only had a short window of time to film the entire scene—the "waterfall" was actually a hydroelectric dam that only opened once a year. Since there were few opportunities for re-shoots, there was probably no time to pay attention to small things like nettles.
17. Avoiding spoilers in Marvel movies is no joke, so in Endgame, the directors made sure no one found out. So when it came to filming Tony's funeral, some of the actors thought they would be in the wedding scene.
After Avengers: Endgame was released, Tom Holland and Mark Ruffalo released photos from the day of filming, despite the fact that everyone present was forbidden to film what was happening on smartphones.
One can only wonder how the actors were able to reincarnate in such a way and demonstrate grief after such a prank.
Cameron Diaz is one of the most famous actresses and models. The American blonde has become famous for her roles in many popular movies. Her real breakthrough was participation in the film "The Mask," an excellent creative tandem with Jim Carrey that was very successful.
Since that time, the best directors have become interested in the services of a promising start, the beauty's fees have increased several times, and many loyal fans began to follow her every step. Today we will tell you the most interesting facts about the actress's biography, career, and personal life.
1. The birth in the family of an emigrant
The baby was born on August 30, 1972, in the sunny town of San Diego, located in the southernmost part of the state of California (near the border with Mexico). The girl's father (Emilio Diaz) was born in the USA but had Cuban roots. It was from the pope "inherited" that Cameron received a Latin American surname.
In appearance, she is similar to her mother (Billy Diaz), whose parents were from Germany and the UK. The family lived in abundance, Emilio worked in a well-known oil company, and Billy was a sales agent.
2. Interesting character
Cameron was different from her peers. She spent a lot of time with her older sister Shimen, with whom she listened to rock music, wandered around the city with guys, and was also not afraid to use her fists in an argument. The girls maintained a good relationship with their mother. The family often attended Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne concerts.
3. California childhood
The town of Long Beach has become home to Diaz. A picturesque place on the Pacific coast is recognized as one of the world's largest ports; significant oil deposits and large American enterprises are based here. At Long Beach Polytechnic High School (where rapper Snoop Dogg studied with her), Cameron led an active social life; she regularly attended parties and various events.
4. Plans for a future career
Although the girl was not a model of a dynamic character and liked to drink alcohol in high school, her hobby was very calm. As a teenager, she spent much time with pets, caring for birds, cats, and dogs, and even dreamed of working as a zoologist.
5. Fateful party
An active social life allowed Diaz to become part of the modeling business. But it all started small; the beauty met a young photographer Jeff Dunas at one of the parties. His offer to participate in a trial photo shoot was not the usual way to meet a beautiful girl; the guy invited her to work in the Elite modeling agency. For the first couple of months, there was no talk of a severe career yet, but many well-known brands became interested in Cameron's services after a while.
6. The first serious contracts
Although the beginning of Cameron's career had a semi-professional character, the rapid success forced her to concentrate entirely on the modeling business. At 17, she began to travel the world to participate in Calvin Klein and Levi's shows. The undoubted breakthrough was her appearance in 1990 on the main page of Seventeen. A couple of months later, the American went on her severe first business trip to Australia. In this country, she spent a couple of months where she starred in photo shoots for Coca-Cola.
7. Scandalous photoshoot
In 1992, the twenty-year-old beauty starred in an S&M underwear commercial. The photoshoot was intimate; the blonde flaunted topless in the frame. These pictures were never published in magazines. Harmless photos later played a cruel joke. A couple of years later (when Diaz had already become famous as an actress), photographer John Rutter offered Cameron to buy resonant videos and photographs for a couple of million dollars.
The woman considered such a statement blackmail and wanted to file an application against the extortionist in court. Still, it was impossible to hide the information completely; in 2005, scandalous materials surfaced on the Internet. As a result, Rutter was sent to prison for three years.
8. Trying to establish in a new field
The movie "The Mask," released in cinemas in 1994, allowed Cameron to become a national favorite. And it all started very spontaneously: the film's producers invited the beauty to come to the casting, as she fit perfectly into the concept of a pretty singer from the club. Thus, after a successful audition, the role in the comedy was given to a girl who had previously had nothing to do with the world of cinema.
The model began to actively attend acting classes, which turned out to be the right decision (her game was quite successful). This film became one of the highest grossing in 1994.
9. Next steps
As a result of the success of The Mask, Diaz decided to focus on acting. In just one year, she has been approved for the lead role in the following films: Feeling Minnesota, The Last Dinner, and How to Stay Afloat. Film critics highly appreciated the film "Best Friend's Wedding," considered one of the highest quality romantic comedies. The girl demonstrated her potential in work “Everything is crazy about Mary.” For this role, she was nominated for a Golden Globe film award.
10. Huge fee
The film adaptation of the famous series of the seventies of the twentieth century, "Charlie's Angels," brought considerable profits to the producers. Cameron played the role of a girl who, along with her partners, works in a private investigative agency. During filming, she earned about $20 million. Before her, only Julia Roberts was able to achieve such success.
11. Hostage of the image?
The movie star most often played mostly comedic or romantic roles, so many mistakenly consider her a performer of exclusively the same type of roles. The filmography of the actress is very diverse and multifaceted. She managed to star in several serious works.
Among them are "Gangs of New York" (where the girl appeared in the frame paired with DiCaprio), "Vanilla Sky," and "Being John Malkovich." These pictures are considered the most successful in a movie star's career because, thanks to these roles, the blonde was nominated for the Golden Globe every time. The excellent game of the American can also be seen in the film Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
12. Looking for a soul mate
Hollywood beauty is precarious in the process of searching for a soul mate. Many famous personalities were her companions. In 1995, Diaz dated American actor Matt Dillon. Her next star choice was Jared Leto. Although the partners managed to get engaged, the union broke up after a couple of years.
In 2003, the girl began to appear in public with Justin Timberlake. With her young man, the model got into a scandalous situation that happened to the photographer. The annoying paparazzi, who wanted to get exclusive pictures, were attacked by the famous singer. Photos of this disassembly appeared in many well-known publications. Between 2010 and 2011, the blonde lived with baseball star Alex Rodriguez.
13. Family life
Musician Benji Madden (the guitarist of Good Charlotte) announced his union with the actress in early 2014, and after a while, he proposed to his beloved. The wedding ceremony took place at their home in Beverly Hills. The formalized union was a big shock for Diaz's loyal fans, as she spoke in an interview about the uselessness of the institution of marriage. At the moment, it is known that the forty-five-year-old celebrity is expecting her first child.
14. Sex scandal
The National Enquirer published photos on its website in 2005 of Diaz (dating Timberlake) cuddling and flirting with her MTV show's married producer, Shane Nickerson.
Journalists said that young people are lovers of each other. These photos caused significant damage to the reputation of the girl. After some time, the magazine apologized, and media representatives published unverified and unreliable information.
15. Opponents of plastic surgery
The celebrity has said several times that she is an opponent of various plastic surgeries. Despite this fact, Cameron herself went under a surgical knife. She had to go through 4 operations on her nose because she had injured this body part more than once while riding a surfboard.
16. Awards and nominations
The American was nominated four times for the Golden Globe; twice, she stopped a step away from receiving the US Screen Actors Guild Award and was close to winning the BAFTA and Saturn awards. There are figurines of MTV Movie Awards and Peoples Choice Awards in her house. In the liability, the beauty also has an anti-premium. She received the "Golden Raspberry" for participating in the comedy "The Other Woman."
17. Cameron Michelle Diaz is 175 centimeters tall and weighs about 55 kilograms. The parameters of her figure: are 86-58-91.
18. An American woman is not afraid to demonstrate her political position. In 2000, she publicly supported presidential candidate Al Gore and wore a T-shirt that read, "I will not vote for Bush's son!".
19. The actress financially supports war veterans in Iraq and Afghanistan.
20. Cameron is an agnostic (a person who does not deny the existence of gods but does not approve either).
21. For a long time, the blonde suffered from mysophobia but overcame her fear of touching various dirty objects. The habit of cleaning everything to a shine at home remained with her to this time.
22. The star managed to prove herself as a writer. In the account of her "Book of the Body," she talks about the right way of life, as well as the "Book of Longevity," which deals with aging.
23. The girl owns star number 2386 on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
24. The blonde voiced Princess Fiona in all four Shrek cartoons.
25. Cameron is trying in every possible way to protect the environment. In 2005, a show was released on MTV where the star traveled the world and told viewers about environmental issues.
26. Diaz eats primarily healthy food. She developed this habit as a teenager while trying to get rid of acne. She managed to overcome an unpleasant skin defect very simply. At the moment, the girl rarely uses cosmetics in everyday life.
27. Diaz loved listening to Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne as a child. She often fought with the neighbor boys - she was not an exemplary girl.
28. During her school years, Cameron was very fond of pets and dreamed of becoming a zoologist.
29. Diaz began her show business career at 16 - she was a model.
30. Cameron has appeared in Coca-Cola commercials, been on the cover of Seventeen magazine, and walked in Calvin Klein and Levi's shows.
31. For one of the lingerie companies, Diaz starred topless. Because of these photos, years later, they began to blackmail her. As a result, the offender received three years in prison.
32. The popularity of Cameron brought the movie "Mask," which was released in 1994.
33. even though Diaz has played various roles, she is still associated with comedic and romantic heroines.
34. Cameron dated many celebrities - Matt Dillon, Jared Leto, Justin Timberlake, and Alex Rodriguez.
35. Diaz's husband is Benji Madden, guitarist for Good Charlotte. The wedding took place in Beverly Hills.
36. Cameron is an ardent opponent of plastic surgery if the state of health does not dictate them.
37. Diaz has had four nose surgeries. The reason for this is the actress's passion for surfing.
38. Princess Fiona - the main character of the cartoon about Shrek - speaks in the voice of Cameron.
39. In everyday life, Diaz does not use decorative cosmetics.
40. Cameron went to the same school as Snoop Dogg.
41. Diaz admits that her favorite word is "sex."
42. The actress is very pessimistic about social networks.
43. Many critics deny Cameron's talent, believing that success in the cinema is only merit of her appearance.
44. Diaz is a prime example that all jokes about blondes are fiction. The actress is quite an intelligent woman.
45. Cameron's main bad habit is smoking.
46. In everyday life, Diaz does not wear a bra, considering it an unnecessary wardrobe item.
47. Cameron adheres to a healthy and proper diet. She even wrote a book on the subject.