Top 10 SPF creams for every day - the summer of 2022
The pursuit of a quick tan can result in burns. To sunbathe with pleasure and without harming the skin, sunscreen for the face helps. How to choose this tool, and what to look for so as not to be disappointed in the purchase?
A wide range of sun protection products with different SPF levels is available in the Amoreshop online store.
What to look for when buying SPF creams
Sunburn is a side effect of prolonged sun exposure. The skin acquires a chocolate hue due to the production of melanin, which fights against the aggressive effects of ultraviolet radiation and protects the skin from photoaging, age spots, and premature wrinkles. Sunburn also prevents the development of melanoma.
Sun creams protect the skin from UVB rays, which make up 5% of all radiation that causes sunburn and skin tan. They also protect against UVA rays that penetrate deep into the skin and can lead to negative consequences in the future. There are some essential characteristics of creams that you need to pay attention to when buying.
Degree of protection
Sunscreens contain SPF, a sun protection factor that measures how long a person can stay in the sun before burning. The degree of protection against spectrum B rays, which cause redness and sunburn, can be different:
- SPF 2-4 protects against 50-75% of UV rays;
- Products provide medium protection with SPF up to 10;
- A high degree of protection is ensured if funds with SPF 10-20 are selected;
- Intensive protection is provided by SPF 20 or 30;
- Almost complete sun protection is provided by SPF 50.
The best face sunscreen for pigmentation, redness, and burns may contain physical or chemical filters. The former creates a kind of film on the skin, which, like a screen, displays the sun's UVB rays. These substances include titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
Substances that form a chemical filter are benzophenone, avobenzone, and others. It is necessary to select products for your phototype and skin type and not strive for the highest degree of protection if it is not required.
Today, the beauty market offers budget sunscreens and mid-range and premium products. Each of these categories includes both favorites and underdogs. Therefore, it is essential to use this "cheat sheet" and familiarize yourself with the list of the best sunscreens.
Sunscreen in the summer should be in every woman's makeup bag. Today, brands even produce men's creams with SPF and sunscreen for the little ones. This means that each person can, if desired, protect themselves from sunburn.
1. Best sunscreen of all La Roche-Posay Anthelios Ultra SPF 50+
The best face sunscreen for every day, according to many people, is a light fluid from the French company La Roche Posay. The cream contains chemical and physical filters and provides a high degree of protection against UVA and UVB rays. It is presented in a small format, which allows you to take it with you on a trip.
- Suitable for different skin types;
- Easily distributed on the skin, without white streaks and oily sheen;
- It can be applied under makeup.
- Relatively high cost with a small volume.
2. Best Premium Sunscreen Helen Sole Bimbi SPF 50
The top sunscreen for the face includes a product that can be used even for children. It contains vitamin E, aloe vera juice, almond oil, and filters that prevent dryness and provide high protection from the sun's rays.
- It can be used on a baby's delicate skin
- The composition includes natural ingredients;
- The cream does not contain dyes, parabens, SLS, and other harmful substances.
- High price.
3. Best waterproof sunscreen Bioderma Photoderm MAX SPF 50
The best sunscreen for your face is bioderma. The product contains two filters of the latest generation - both physical and chemical. This is necessary for maximum protection.
- Suitable even for sensitive skin;
- It does not cause acne comedones;
- It can be used as a make-up base;
- It spreads well on the skin and lasts a long time;
- Not afraid of water.
- The skin remains shiny, which many do not like.
4. Biore UV Aqua Rich SPF 50
Another top face sunscreen comes from Biore. The Japanese brand offers a product with a light texture, quickly absorbed, and protects the skin from type A rays. Chemical filters provide Sun protection.
- Do not leave white marks on the skin;
- Resistant to water and sweat;
- Does not leave a radiant shine on the skin;
- Contains hyaluronic acid and plant extracts;
- Can be reapplied, layered, and not afraid that the cream rolls.
- The composition contains dimethicone - one of the most popular silicones in cosmetics. It is a synthetic polymer designed to soften the skin and hair and create a protective film, making it smooth and silky.
5. Best sunscreen for problem skin Premium Sunguard Oily Skin SPF 50
Not every best face sunscreen can be worn under makeup. But Premium Sunguard Oily Skin SPF 50 is a product that provides excellent protection against type A rays. It spreads evenly on the skin, regulates moisture levels, and is quickly absorbed.
- Suitable even for sensitive skin;
- Despite the dense texture, the product is easy to apply;
- There are no white spots left on the skin;
- Good for dry skin.
- Does not have a long-term effect; needs to be updated.
6. Best Moisturizing Sunscreen Librederm Bronzeada Full Spectrum Anti-Age SPF 30
With summer approaching, tanners are trying to figure out which sunscreen is best to be as comfortable on the beach as possible without getting sunburned.
Another leader in the middle price segment is Libriderm brand products. The cream contains a unique complex of substances that protect the skin from A and B spectrum radiation. Sunscreen can be used for various skin types.
- The composition contains plant extracts, oils, and vitamins;
- Waterproof effect;
- Reasonable cost and excellent quality;
- No filmy feeling on the skin.
- Due to the thick texture, it isn't easy to spread over the skin;
- Slightly brightens skin tone when placed on the face.
7. Best sunscreen for baby skin Weleda Edelweiss Sensitiv Sonnencreme SPF 50
High-quality sunscreens for children and babies are offered by the Swiss manufacturer Weleda. This cream contains natural ingredients, does not contain chemical filters, and is ideal for use by children, protecting them from the adverse effects of the sun.
- Does not contain chemicals and fragrances;
- Mineral UV filter provides sun protection;
- In the composition of sunflower extract and coconut oil, which helps to retain moisture in the skin;
- Moisture resistance.
- Not suitable if there is an individual intolerance to the components.
8. L'Oreal Paris Sublime Sun
A good sunscreen for the face is offered by the French brand L'Oreal Paris. The emulsion is suitable for both women and men. It provides reliable protection from the sun, and the skin acquires a uniform tan without burns and redness.
- An innovative formula that protects against UVA rays that provoke photoaging, the appearance of age spots and wrinkles;
- Large volume;
- Suitable for all skin types.
- Low SPF factor, so you have to renew the product on the skin.
9. The best budget sunscreen Biokon Cream-fluid for face and décolleté SPF 35
Among the budget representatives of sun creams, Biocon is the leader. The high design prevents Type A and B rays from harming the skin. The product is suitable even for sensitive and problematic skin.
- Affordable price;
- The presence of vitamin E;
- Convenient dispenser, which allows you to spend the product economically;
- Well, moisturizes the skin.
- You need to update the tool every 2 hours.
10. Uriage Bariesun SPF 50
French brand Uriage face sunscreen is an excellent option for people with sensitive skin. The product should be applied to the skin to provide maximum protection.
- Convenient dispenser;
- High degree of protection;
- As part of the thermal water Uriage;
- Suitable for use, even in damage to the face or after surgery.
- May leave a shine on the face.
How to choose the best sunscreen
Sunscreen in the warm season should be included in the daily care program. Dermatologists and cosmetologists explain that excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays does not benefit the skin. And before the holidays, you should buy the best sunscreen for your face.
Also, in the summer, it is recommended to use this type of care before each sun exposure to protect yourself from burns and premature skin aging.
Determine the phototype
Exposure to ultraviolet rays can affect people differently, depending on their phototypes. The amount of melanin in the skin of all people living in the world can be divided into six types:
Scandinavian or Celtic. They have light skin, light eyes, and hair. And prolonged exposure to the sun will undoubtedly cause burns.
Nordic, or light European. Such people have fair skin, and their hair can be blond or brown. They tan slightly but are also prone to sunburn.
Central European. These people have brown or dark hair and more melanin in their skin. They can stay in the sun for a while but also get burned if they sunbathe for a long time.
Mediterranean. These people have dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair. They do not tan quickly and get burned only if it is boiling outside, or they do not use sunscreen.
Asian or Indonesian. People have skin with a yellowish undertone; they have dark eyes and dark or black hair. Their skin contains natural protection from sun exposure, so they rarely burn.
African American. They have dark brown or black skin, black hair, and dark eyes. Even prolonged exposure to the scorching sun does not get burned.
Choose between physical and chemical filters.
The best face sunscreens may contain physical or chemical filters. The former include zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. The bottom line is that these substances do not penetrate the skin but are on its surface. When distributed on the face, they can slightly whiten it. Also, people with sensitive skin sometimes cause inflammation because they lie in a dense layer on the surface of the epidermis.
There is a lot of controversy about chemical filters. Some people are reluctant to use such sunscreens because they fear that the substances can enter the bloodstream and cause harm to the body. And others boldly use sunscreens with chemical filters because they are well distributed on the skin and do not leave white marks and oily sheen. It is undesirable to use this product for people with allergies.
Select the degree of protection
When choosing a sunscreen, the best of the best, you need to pay attention to its degree of protection.
People with a Scandinavian or light European phototype are better off using products with maximum protection, even if the sun is not shining brightly outside. People with a Central European and Mediterranean phototype should use products with the security of at least 20 SPF if they stay in the sun for a long time.
People with dark skin can purchase products with a weak degree of protection of 5-10 SPF as a preventive measure against photoaging. Sunscreens with protection level 50 protect against 98% of solar radiation. To protect the body, you can use products with an SPF of 20-30.
Look at additional properties.
The best sunscreens always contain care ingredients that help moisturize and nourish the skin. Thanks to this, you can not use an additional one more emulsion.
Sunscreens also allow you to apply makeup. It is only essential to consider your skin type when choosing a product. For dry skin, the composition must contain moisturizing ingredients, for example, hyaluronic acid. For oily skin, it is better to choose light textures that will not clog pores. For sensitive or problematic skin, you need to select soft formulations with physical filters, so there are no allergic reactions or rashes.
Everything you need to know about photoaging and sun protection
Types of sun rays and their influence
All solar rays can be divided into three types depending on the wavelength. More than 95% of all ultraviolet radiation is UVA rays. They can penetrate glass and clothing and accelerate the aging process. These rays tend to accumulate in the deep layers of the skin, and after a few decades, a person who does not use sunscreen can get serious skin problems.
Type B rays affect only the epidermis and contribute to melanin production. They are responsible for the appearance of a tan on the skin, but if their adverse effects are not prevented, a person can get burned.
Another type of ray is UVC. But they do not penetrate the earth's surface, as they are absorbed in the atmosphere.
When choosing the best sunscreen, you need to pay attention to what type of radiation it will protect from.
Are sunscreens necessary in everyday life?
A good sunscreen never gets in the way of everyday life. Dermatologists recommend using products with UV protection, even if it's cloudy outside. Moreover, sunscreens can be used all year round. It is only essential to reduce the degree of protection in winter.
Thanks to such self-care, you can protect the skin from premature aging and avoid the occurrence of various dermatological diseases.
What is the UV index, and why is it important
Today, scientists can determine the degree of intensity of solar radiation at certain hours at a particular point on the globe. The resulting value is called the ultraviolet index. It must be taken into account when purchasing and using the best sunscreens.
If the UV index is high and its value is above three, sunscreen must be used. If the index is 1-2, we can talk about a safe time for sun exposure.
How to use SPF cream correctly.
It is essential not only to determine which sunscreen is best but also to learn how to use it correctly so that it does not harm the skin and brings tangible benefits.
Dermatologists recommend that you adhere to the following rules:
- It is advisable to apply the cream 15-20 minutes before sun exposure so that it has time to spread over the skin;
- Maximum protection is possible if sunscreen is applied in a dense layer;
- Every 2 hours, the product requires renewal on the skin, and it is advisable to wash off the first layer, if possible;
- Depending on the manufacturer, it is advisable to renew sunscreen after bathing or after a person sweats a lot.
Sunscreen and makeup
Cream sun protection, which manufacturers offer today, can be used in conjunction with foundation or powder. In this case, you can choose a decorative tool with SPF. If it is necessary to use skin care products, they are applied before distributing sun protection on the skin.
Popular sunscreen myths
#1: One tube of cream is enough for the whole summer
Sunscreen for the face is used several times during the day. And therefore, even a large volume is not enough for the entire summer - a maximum of one month. Health is not worth saving.
#2: Powder and foundation with SPF replace sunscreen
Even the best Korean foundation or powder cannot return SPF products that protect against sun exposure. Moreover, the biggest misconception is that the level of protection of different means is summed up.
#3: Sunscreen Doesn't Produce Vitamin D
Sunscreen face spray cannot interfere with the formation of vitamin D in the body. To start producing it, it is enough to stand in the sun for 10 minutes.
#4: Men Can Do Without Sunscreens
The sunscreen is intended for use by women only. Although less susceptible to the adverse effects, men's skin is still not worth giving up on sunscreens in the summer.
The modern beauty industry offers a vast selection of sunscreens. And each girl can decide for herself which cream suits her best. You need to pay attention to the emulsion's composition, consider your phototype and skin type and choose the most suitable type of filter. A quality product will protect against sunburn and give the skin a pleasant tan, but at the same time, it will protect against photoaging.
We've all been in this situation. After telling ourselves that sunscreen was for weaklings, we plunged headlong into the simmering sunbath, furiously refusing advice to apply sunscreen to our skin. The thing is, we dreamed of having the bronze tan that you saw in the Blue Lagoon, but we got red skin and pain.
1. "No, I'm definitely not happy. I ran a race and forgot to put sunscreen on my face."
2. "Never fall asleep on the street with a bowl of cereals and a spoon in hand, guys."
3. "My friend told me I looked like an ice cream stick."
4. "Trying to even out my tan during my lunch break."
5. "When you're from Arizona and think you shouldn't wear sunscreen for a beach in Columbia."
6. "This is not a shadow, but a difference in the color of my leg."
7. "Wearing leggings like this and sunbathing was a bad idea."
8. "I wore jeans with holes in my knees on a sunny day."
9. "I did a cosplay on Aang and when I was in the sun burned a little. Later, washing the arrow, I noticed that she decided to stay. Once Avatar is always Avatar."
10. "What could go wrong if I forget to put on sunscreen?"
11. "Never wear crocs on a sunny day."
12. "I painted my porch and got this stupid tan."
13. "I once shaved my head, was badly sunburned and a little swollen."
14. Apparently, nevertheless, it was worth turning the cap over with a visor forward
15. "Bought new white fingerless gloves"
16. "What happens when you're super-white and wear a square-cut shirt all day. And that's after repeatedly applying sunscreen."
17. "Tanning my arm versus my leg"
18. Someone forgot their sunscreen
19. At least it's symmetrical
20. "I fell asleep with a phone on my chest"
Makeup artist from Austria found a way to "hide" the presence of a protective mask on her face. An instructional clip appeared on her Instagram account.
In the posted frames, the girl puts foundation on a blue mask so that she becomes the same color as her skin. Then the blogger uses powder and concealer, and in the end she paints her lips with pink lipstick of the Anastasia Beverly Hills brand. She added the hashtags #corona #coronamakeup to the published video.
Earlier on March 18, users criticized the makeup artist, who came up with a medical mask for mocking the sick. Fatima Aldewan shared a six-minute video showing how to put on a mask and make a suitable make-up for her. Subscribers denounced her and expressed their displeasure in the comments.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.