Top 80 Dalai Lama quotes to help understand yourself and others
Even if you are not a Buddhist, you have most likely heard of a Buddhist monk who is known for his wisdom in many areas of life and whose famous sayings are quoted all over the world. He became one of the most beloved and respected spiritual figures of the 20th century. We are talking about the Dalai Lama XIV, the spiritual leader of the followers of Tibetan Buddhism, who devoted his life to strengthening peace on Earth, establishing friendly ties between warring countries, and solving environmental problems.
Wise sayings of a world-famous monk
He is a leader who knows how to be compassionate and loving, which can be felt in his inspirational quotes, which are based on his accumulated wisdom throughout his life. And he shares his knowledge with the whole world all his life.
Over the past few decades, the Dalai Lama has opened many educational, cultural, and religious institutions and organizations that have enabled him to largely preserve the Tibetan identity and its rich past. And, despite his considerable age, even today he does not cease to carry the Buddhist teachings to the masses around the world. Despite his Buddhist views, values , and Tibetan sermons, his sayings can be applied to every person, regardless of their religion or beliefs.
In the quotes of the Dalai Lama, everyone can find advice, inspiration, and even motivation. Aphorisms and sayings about life, peace and spirituality, taken from his many public speeches, which he delivered around the world, visiting more than 62 countries, serve as a universal code for humanity and a code of morality.
1. “Happiness is not something ready-made, but something that comes as a result of your own actions.”
2. "We will never establish harmony with the world around us until we come to terms with ourselves."
3. “Through hard trials, life sometimes becomes more meaningful.”
4. "Don't let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace."
5. “Remember that sometimes not getting what you wanted is wonderful luck.”
6. "Anger is the biggest destroyer of your peace of mind."
7. “The more you are driven by love, the more fearless and free will be your actions.”
8. "Never give up. Whatever happens. Never give up".
9. “Optimism leads to success; pessimism leads to defeat.
10. “Out of 6 billion people, troublemakers are only a handful.”
11. "We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without love."
12. "Learn and know the rules so you know how to break them."
13. "Give those you love wings to fly, roots to return to, and reasons to stay."
14. "The goal is not to be better than the other man, but to be better than the old self."
15. “My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness."
16. "The action of others should not determine your reaction."
17. "I find hope in the darkest days and focus on the brightest."
18. "With violence, you may 'solve' one problem, but you will sow the seeds of another."
19. "Open heart, open mind."
20. “Most people prefer a smile to a frown. This is human nature. Even dogs respond with tail wagging to smiles and other displays of affection.”
21. “Never mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance, or my kindness for weakness. Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.”
22. "A disciplined mind leads to happiness, and an undisciplined mind leads to suffering."
23. "Action is more important than meditation."
24. “Be kind whenever possible. And that's always possible."
25. “Proper use of time is very important. As long as we have this body and especially this amazing human brain, I think every minute is something precious and priceless.”
26. “Even in an animal, if you show sincere affection, trust gradually develops… If you always frown and act from a position of strength, how can you develop friendship?”
27. “Time is running out forever. When we make mistakes, we cannot turn back time and try again. All we can do is use the present correctly.”
28. “Friendship depends on trust, not on money, not on power, not on mere education or knowledge. Only if there is trust, there will be friendship.”
29. “Our main goal in this life is to help others. And if you can't help someone, at least don't hurt them."
30. “The best way to solve any problem in the world is to sit down at the negotiating table and talk to all parties.”
31. "Even when we have physical limitations, we can still be very happy."
32. “You have to be able to start giving first and expect absolutely nothing in return.”
33. “Pain can change you, but that doesn't mean you'll change for the worse. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom."
34. “Think of others and your own problem will seem insignificant; if you think only of yourself, then even a small problem will seem unbearable.
35. "If every 8-year-old child in the world is taught to meditate, we will eliminate the world's violence in one generation."
36. “Share your knowledge. It's a great way to achieve your immortality."
37. "Once a year, go somewhere you've never been before."
38. “When we feel love and kindness towards others, it not only makes those people feel loved and cared for, but also helps us develop inner happiness and peace.”
39. "Try to recognize the precious nature of each day."
40. “People walk different paths in search of fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not in your path doesn't mean they're lost."
41. "The real hero is the one who conquers his own anger and hatred."
42. “Love and compassion are a necessity, not a luxury. Without them humanity will not survive.”
"In order to take positive action, we must develop a positive vision."
43. “Just one little positive thought in the morning can change your entire day.”
44. "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace."
45. “If you are afraid of some kind of pain or suffering, you should see if there is anything you can do about it. If you can, you have nothing to worry about; if you can't do anything, then there's nothing to worry about."
46. “Anger or hatred is like a fishhook. It's really important for us to make sure we don't get hooked."
47. "Smile if you want a smile back from the other person."
48. "Instead of asking WHY this is happening to you, think about why this is happening to YOU."
49. "Disagreement is okay."
50. “The world belongs to humanity, and not to some leader, that ruler, king, prince or religious teacher. The world belongs to all people."
51. "If there is peace in your heart, nothing can disturb you."
52. "The way to change the minds of others is love, not anger."
53. “What surprises me the most about our world is the “Man” because he sacrifices his health to make money. He then donates money to restore his health. And then he is so worried about the future that he does not enjoy the present; as a result, he lives neither in the present nor in the future; he lives as if he will never die, and then dies without ever truly living.”
54. "If you think you're too small to make a difference, try sleeping in a closed room with a mosquito."
55. “When you practice being grateful and always saying thank you, a sense of respect for others arises.”
56. “Optimism does not mean that you are blind and do not look at things with a real eye. This means that you stay motivated no matter what to look for a solution to any problems that arise.”
57. "I believe that the main source of blessings is within us."
58. “Since we all share this planet Earth, we must learn to live in harmony and peace with each other and with nature. It's not just a dream, but a necessity."
59. “I believe that in order to meet the challenges of our time, people need to develop more responsibility. Each of us must learn to work not only for ourselves, our family or country, but also for the benefit of all mankind. The responsibility of all of us is the key to our survival. This is the main foundation for world peace.”
60. “All the most common religions carry basically the same message - love, compassion and forgiveness. It's something that should be part of our lives."
61. “Be kind, honest and have positive thoughts; forgive those who harm us and treat everyone as a friend; help the suffering and never consider yourself superior to anyone: even if this advice seems rather simplistic to you, try to understand that with it you can find great happiness.
62. “A truly compassionate attitude towards others does not change, even if they behave negatively or hurt you.”
63. "When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate action to correct it."
64. “Home is the place where you feel at home, where you are treated well.”
65. “When you are unhappy, you always want more and more and more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, “Oh yes, I already have everything I need.”
66. “There is no need for temples, there is no need for elaborate philosophies. My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness.
67. “There are only two days in the year when nothing can be done, and we cannot influence them. One is yesterday and the other is tomorrow. Today is the right day to love, believe, do and live.”
68. “You must lead a good life. And a good life is not just good food, great clothes, a good house. This is not enough. One must be able to sympathize, to live without dogmatism, without complicated philosophy; simply understanding that other people are brothers and sisters, and respecting their rights and human dignity.”
69. “Every day, waking up, think: today I am lucky that I am alive, I have a priceless human life and that I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energy to develop myself, to open my heart to others; achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all people. I will have kind thoughts towards others, I will not be angry or think badly of others. I will benefit others as much as I can."
70. “Whether you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, religious or unbelieving, male or female, black, white or brown, we are all the same. Physically, emotionally and mentally we are all equal. We all have common needs for food, shelter, security, and love. We all strive for happiness and avoid suffering. We all have hopes, anxieties, fears and dreams. Each of us wants the best for our family, loved ones and relatives. We all experience pain when we experience loss and joy when we achieve what we want. At this fundamental level, religion, ethnicity, culture and language don't matter."
71. "Sleep is the best meditation."
72. "Judge your success by what you had to give up to get it."
73. "I defeat my enemies when I make them my friends."
74. “Happiness does not always come from striving. Sometimes it happens when we least expect it."
75. “Compassion is the radicalism of our time.”
76. “Human potential is the same for everyone. If the phrase “I’m worthless” is spinning in your head, then this is wrong. This is absolutely wrong. You are deceiving yourself. We all have the power of thought - so what are you missing? If you have the will power, then you can change anything. As they say, we are our own masters.”
77. “I think technology has really increased human capabilities. But technology cannot generate compassion.”
78. “We are just guests on this planet. We've been here for ninety or a hundred years at the most. During this period, we should try to do something good, something useful in our lives. If you contribute to the happiness of other people, you will find the true purpose, the true meaning of life.”
79. “When you speak, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you learn to listen to other people, you can learn something new.”
80. "Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of real peace."
Some have become famous for their skills and talents, while others have become famous for their bold decisions and profound societal impact. But one thing that most of the most successful people in the world have in common is their ability to inspire others.
Phrases with deep meaning for all occasions from famous people
Today's opinion leaders have become famous for a variety of reasons. We at Bemorepanda have selected 110 quotes from influential people to inspire you to new heights.
- “If a person is satisfied with everything, then he is a complete idiot. A healthy person, in a normal memory, cannot always arrange everything. — Vladimir Putin (On his attitude to the government in an interview on December 24, 2000)
- "The two most important days in your life: the day you were born and the day you realized why!" - Mark Twain
- “In three words, I can state everything that I have learned about life. That it continues." — Robert Frost
- “I believe that every person has a limited number of heartbeats. I'm not going to waste mine." - Neil Armstrong
- "You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." — Mae West
- "Your time is limited, don't waste it living a different life." - Steve Jobs
- “Live as if you are going to die tomorrow; learn as if you will live forever.” - Mahatma Gandhi
- "In a long life you can make mistakes, but if you learn from them, you get better." — Bill Clinton
- "We must live to the fullest, because life is short, and we are here to live." -Kate Winslet
- "Don't count the days, make the most of them." — Muhammad Ali
- "Be yourself. Other roles are already taken. — Oscar Wilde
- "Don't let the fear of failure get in your way." — Babe Ruth
- "It's never too late to be who you could be." — George Eliot
- "The longer I live, the more beautiful life becomes." — Frank Lloyd Wright
- "Every moment is a new beginning." — Thomas Stearns Eliot
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more you can celebrate in life.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “When you stop dreaming, you stop living.” — Malcolm Forbes
- “Life is not about finding yourself. Life is self-creation." — George Bernard Shaw
- "If you spend your whole life waiting for a storm, you won't have time to enjoy the sun." — Morris West
- “Don't cry, because it's all over; smile because it happened." — Dr. Seuss
- “If you want to be happy, set yourself a goal that will guide your thoughts, free your energy, and inspire your hopes.” — Andrew Carnegie
- “If you can do what you do best and be happy, you are further along in life than most people.” — Leonardo DiCaprio
- “We must always remember that only a positive outlook on life, as well as daily acts of kindness, can become the key to good health.” — Hillary Clinton
- "The purpose of our life is to be happy." — Dalai Lama
- “The most important thing is to enjoy life. Be happy. That's all that matters." - Audrey Hepburn
- "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." — George Orwell
- “It's not what you have or who you are or where you are or what you do that makes you happy or unhappy. What do you think about it." - Dale Carnegie
- "No one can make you feel bad unless you let yourself." — Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Happiness is when what you think, say and do is in harmony.” - Mahatma Gandhi
About Courage, Hope and Faith
- "You need to be a very brave person to be a coward in the Soviet Army." - Joseph Stalin
- "Believe me, you can, and you're halfway there." — Theodore Roosevelt
- "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose endless hope." — Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind allows. Remember, you can achieve anything you believe in." — Mary Kay Ash
- "Courage is grace under pressure." - Ernest Hemingway
- "What the human mind can comprehend and believe, it can achieve." — Napoleon Hill
- "If you don't stand for something, you will fall for nothing." — Malcolm X
- “It often takes more courage to decide to do the right thing than to be afraid to do the wrong thing.” - Abraham Lincoln
- “Without purpose and direction, there is not enough effort and courage.” — John Kennedy
- "If you're going through hell, don't stop." - Winston Churchill
- “Once you choose hope, everything becomes possible.” — Christopher Reeve
- “Learn from yesterday, live today, hope for tomorrow. The main thing is not to stop asking questions. - Albert Einstein
- "All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to follow them." - Walt Disney
- "Can you do something or are you sure you can't - in both cases you are right." - Henry Ford
- “It takes a lot of courage to be yourself.” — Edward Cummings
- “The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. If you do something good, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” - Barack Obama
- "Your voice can change the world." - Barack Obama
- "There are no limits - the more you strive for something, the further you will be able to move." - Michael Phelps
- “Find out who you are and become that person. That's why your soul was placed on this Earth. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will follow." — Ellen DeGeneres
- “Mind has a limit. As long as the mind can imagine the fact that you can do something, you can do it; as long as you really believe 100 percent." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “In a moment of indecision, act quickly and try to take the first step, even if it is superfluous.” - Lev Tolstoy
- “You have to do what you think you can’t do.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
- "You don't convert 100 percent of the shots you don't throw." — Wayne Gretzky
- "Some people want it to happen, some people want it to happen, others make it happen." - Michael Jordan
- “The biggest risk is not taking risks at all… In a world that is changing so rapidly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not taking risks.” - Mark Zuckerberg
- "The best way to learn something is to do it." — Richard Branson
- "If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should keep doing it." — Elon Musk
- “Be fearless. Have the courage to take risks. Go where there are no guarantees. Get out of your comfort zone, even if it makes you uncomfortable. The road that has not been traveled is sometimes fraught with obstacles, potholes and something unknown. But this is where your character is truly tested. Have the courage to admit that you are not perfect, no one and nothing is perfect - and this is absolutely normal. — Katie Couric
- "Dreams don't become reality through magic, it's sweat, determination and hard work." — Colin Powell
- "... There were two roads ... I decided on the go: Where there is less trodden, I will go, - And everything has changed since then forever." - Robert Frost (from the poem "The Unchosen Road", translated by Ilya Lipes)
- "If there is no struggle, then there is no progress." — Frederick Douglas
- "Either write a book worth reading, or do something worth writing a book." - Benjamin Franklin
- "Don't be afraid to give up the good for the great." — John D. Rockefeller
- "Do one thing every day that scares you." — Eleanor Roosevelt
- "Always remember that you have the strength, the patience and the passion to reach for the stars and change the world." — Harriet Tubman
- "You have to do what you dream of doing, even if you're afraid of it." — Arianna Huffington
- “If you love what you do and you are ready to do what needs to be done, you can achieve a lot. And it will pay off every minute spent thinking about the project at night alone. — Steve Wozniak
- “All creativity is essentially prayer. All creativity is directed to the ear of the Almighty. - Joseph Brodsky
- "Creativity is intelligence that gives pleasure." - Albert Einstein
- "Creativity takes courage." — Henri Matisse
- “Making any art, no matter how good or bad, is a way to make your soul grow. So do it!”. — Kurt Vonnegut
- “You can't use creativity. The more you use, the more you have." — Maya Angelou
- “The main enemy of creativity is good taste.” — Pablo Picasso
On the attitude to the world and prospects
- “Strength alone strengthens independence. Only if you are ready to fight can you inspire respect for yourself and find allies instead of patrons. — Catherine II the Great
- "Our choice, more than our ability, reveals our true nature." - JK Rowling (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets)
- “Try more often to look up at the stars, and not at your feet. Try to understand what you see, do not stop asking questions about what determines the existence of our universe. Be inquisitive." - Stephen Hawking
- "In the midst of movement and chaos, keep calm within yourself." — Deepak Chopra
- "When we look to the next century, the leaders will be those who empower others." - Bill Gates
- “At the center of every difficulty lies an opportunity.” - Albert Einstein
- “If you always do what interests you, then at least one person will be pleased.” — Katharine Hepburn
- "I avoid looking forward or backward and try to look up." - Charlotte Bronte
- "Everything you can imagine is real." — Pablo Picasso
- "The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, they cannot even be touched - they must be felt with the heart." — Helen Keller
- “If you are not stubborn, you will give up experiments too soon. If you're not flexible, you'll be banging your head against the wall and you won't see another solution to the problem you're trying to solve." — Jeff Bezos
- "If you want to see a rainbow, you have to endure the rain." — Dolly Parton
- "You have to expect big things from yourself before you can do them." - Michael Jordan
- "Nothing great has been achieved without enthusiasm." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- "Turn your face to the sun - then you won't be able to see the shadow." — Helen Keller
- “Your personality is a prison from which you can never escape, but the way to redeem your past is not to escape from it, but to try to understand it and use it as a basis for growth.” — Jay-Z
- “To be irreplaceable, you need to change all the time.” - Coco Chanel
- “Change will not come if we wait for help from someone else or wait for the right moment. You only need to wait for yourself. We are the changes we need." - Barack Obama
About success and failure
- “If you can’t fly, run. If you can't run, crawl. Whatever happens, keep moving forward." — Martin Luther King Jr.
- "Even if you fall on your face, you keep moving forward." — Victor Kiam
- "Success is not measured by money, but by what you do for other people's lives." — Michelle Obama
- "If you don't succeed at first, try again." — William Edward Hickson
- “There are no mistakes in life, only opportunities.” — Tina Fey (from The Bossipants)
- "It doesn't matter how slowly you go, as long as you don't stop." — Confucius
- “The difference between winning and losing most often lies in the ability to not give up.” - Walt Disney
- "Failure is another stepping stone to greatness." — Oprah Winfrey
- "Success is often achieved by those who are unaware of the possibility of failure." - Coco Chanel
- “Don't worry about failure. You only have to be right once." — Drew Houston
- “I have not been defeated. I just found 10,000 ways that don't work." - Thomas Edison
- “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to destroy it. You will treat things differently if you think about it.” — Warren Buffett
- “Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill
- “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of victory." — Billie Jean King
- “The vocation of every person in spiritual activity is in the constant search for truth and the meaning of life.” - Anton Chekhov
- “I realized that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
- "A hero is someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with their freedom." — Bob Dylan
- "We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone." — Ronald Reagan
- “One of the biggest ailments is being a nobody to everyone.” — Mother Teresa
- "Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud." — Maya Angelou
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become better, then you are a true leader.” — John Quincy Adams
- "You can't please everyone and you can't make everyone like you." — Katie Couric
- “When you get older, you will realize that you have two hands: one to help yourself, the other to help others.” - Audrey Hepburn
- "When the power of love surpasses the love of power, there will be peace on earth." — Jimi Hendrix
- "Sometimes you can't see yourself clearly until you see yourself through the eyes of others." — Ellen DeGeneres
- “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops in the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” - Mahatma Gandhi
Salvador Dali is a Spanish painter and sculptor, one of the outstanding representatives of surrealism. In addition to his iconic works (“The Persistence of Memory,” “Dream,” “Flaming Giraffe,” etc.), Dali is widely known for provocative statements and actions.
Sayings of an eccentric painter about success, life, and work
Below you will find 30 quotes from the genius artist that show how interesting his life was.
1. “A mind without ambition is like a bird without wings.”
2. “I don't paint portraits so that they look like the object of drawing - over time, people themselves begin to look like their portraits.
3. “Associating with people who have a mindset opposite to mine, as well as being close to them, interests me much more than with those who think about the same things as me.”
4. “The difference between false and real memories is like jewelry. Fake ones are always more realistic and beautiful."
5. “The public, like me, doesn’t need to know if I’m joking or serious.”
6. “Everything changed me, but nothing changed me.”
7. “There is only one difference between a madman and me: a madman thinks he is sane, but I know I am not sane.”
8. "Wars never hurt anyone except people who died"
9. “The secret of my inspiration is that it always remains a secret.”
10. “Drawing is the honesty of the art. The possibility of deception is excluded: either it is “good” or “bad.”
11. “Give me only two hours a day for work, and I will spend the remaining twenty-two in dreams and daydreams.”
12. “Surrealism is destructive. But he destroys only those constraints that limit our vision.
13. "He who does not want to imitate anyone will not create anything."
14. "It's important to spread confusion, not fix it."
15. “You have to create clutter – that releases creativity systematically. Everything is contradictory and creates life."
16. "Little things can happen."
17. “Since I don't smoke, I decided to wear a mustache - it's healthier that way; however, I always took with me an expensive cigarette case with the inscription "Faberge," where, instead of tobacco, several pairs of mustaches in the style of Adolphe Menjou were neatly folded. With all courtesy, I offered them to my friends: “Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?" But no one dared to touch them.”
18. “Mistakes are almost always divine. Never try to fix them. On the contrary: give them a reasonable explanation, and understand them as deeply as possible. And then you will have the opportunity to exalt them "
19. “Don't be afraid of perfection. Because you will never reach it.”
20. “An artist is not at all one who is full of inspiration. An artist is someone who knows how to inspire others.”
21. "The envy of other artists has always served me as a thermometer of my success."
22. “When I was six, I wanted to be a cook; at seven, I wanted to be Napoleon. And since then, my ambitions have only grown.”
23. “The clown is not me, but our cynical and insensitive society, playing seriousness so naively that it helps him to hide his madness in the best way.”
24. “Every morning, when I wake up, I experience the highest pleasure, which today opens before me for the first time: the joy of being Salvador Dali. And I admire myself; what other miracle will this Salvador Dali perform today?
25. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
26. "Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately, it is the one thing that, whatever you do, cannot avoid."
27. "Everything alters me, but nothing changes me."
28. "It is either easy or impossible."
29. "It is important to spread confusion, not eliminate it."
30. "It is not important for the public to know whether I am joking or serious, just as I don't need to know myself."
Our life is a series of ups and downs. Each of us stumbles and fails at some point. But not everyone can quickly recover and continue on their way. The course of life, the success of your business, and your happiness depend entirely on how you perceive mistakes and failures and how you deal with adverse situations.
A dose of motivation in case things don't go according to plan.
We at Bemorepanda want to share the best motivating and encouraging tips and thoughts on failure from genuinely successful and influential individuals.
“Failure is the signpost on the road to success.” — K.S. Lewis
“I can accept failure—everyone fails in some way. But I can't get over the fact that I didn't even try." - Michael Jordan
"No man has achieved so great a success who at one time or another has not found himself with at least one foot hanging on the brink of failure." — Napoleon Hill
“I tried all the time. He fell all the time. It doesn't matter. Try again. Fall again. Fall better." — Samuel Beckett
“Defeat is not so dangerous as the fear of admitting defeat is dangerous” - Vladimir Ilyich Lenin
"The only real failure in life is not being honest with the best people." — buddha
“The inventor fails 999 times, and if he succeeds once, he is in business. He sees his failures as just practice shots." — Charles F. Kettering
“The greatest glory is not in never making a mistake, but in being able to rise every time you fall…”. — Confucius
“Failure is just an opportunity to start again, but more wisely.” - Henry Ford
“When I was young, I noticed that nine out of ten of my actions ended in failure. It turns out that I did ten times more work. — George Bernard Shaw
“A person can fail many times, but he is not a failure until he starts blaming someone else for it.” — John Burroughs
“It is impossible to do without failure at least in something, unless, of course, you live so carefully, as if you do not live at all, in which case you lose by default.” - Joanne Rowling
"He who has never failed has never achieved half the success." — Alexander Afinogenov
"Anyone who tries is no longer a failure." — Sarah Dessen
"A teacher has failed more times than his student has tried." — Stephen McCraney
“Failure is the spice that gives success its flavor.” — Truman Capote
"Failure is success in progress." - Albert Einstein
"No man is defeated on the outside until he is broken on the inside." — Eleanor Roosevelt
“Failure should be your teacher, not your gravedigger. Failure is a delay, not a complete defeat. This is a bypass road, not a dead end. Failure can only be avoided by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing.” — Denis Waitley
“If you set ridiculously high goals for yourself and it fails, you will fail above all others.” - James Cameron
“You can face many defeats, but you don't have to be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to face defeat so that you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still get out of it.” — Maya Angelou
"You make mistakes, not mistakes make you." — Maxwell Moltz
“The enemy is driven back - failure. Cut off, surrounded, scattered - good luck. — Alexander Vasilievich Suvorov
"Success is not a good teacher, failure makes you humble." - Shahrukh Khan
"To make a mistake is nothing unless you keep remembering it." — Confucius
"The man who never made a mistake never tried something new." - Albert Einstein
“Try something you haven’t done before exactly three times. The first time is to get rid of the fear of the unknown. The second is to learn how to do it. And the third is to understand whether you like it or not. — Virgil Thomson
“When we allow ourselves to make mistakes, we give ourselves room to improve.” — Eloisa Rystad
“Part of being a man is learning to take responsibility for your successes and failures. You cannot blame others or envy anyone. Seeing someone else's success as your own failure is
a malignant tumor of life." — Kevin Bacon
"Success is a measure of happiness in breadth, and failure is a test of happiness in depth." — Mikhail Mikhailovich Prishvin
"A classic mistake that designers of absolutely reliable systems make is underestimating the ingenuity of clinical idiots." - Douglas Adams
“Failure is not fatal, which cannot be said about the inability to change.” — John Wooden
“I have come to the conclusion that all of my past failures and disappointments actually laid the foundation for the reflections that created the new standard of living that I now enjoy.” — Tony Robbins
“Failure after a lot of hard work is much better than not having enough ambition to be called failure.” — George Eliot
“A man can fall more than once, but it cannot be considered a failure until he says that someone pushed him.” — Elmer J. Letterman
"A life spent making mistakes is not only nobler, but more rewarding than a life spent doing nothing." — George Bernard Shaw
"Celebrating success is good, but it's more important to learn from failure." - Bill Gates
“A person will be the happier the more clearly he understands that his vocation is not to accept services from other people, but to serve others and put his life at the disposal of many people. A person who does this will be worthy of his possessions and will never fail.” - Lev Tolstoy
“Brick walls were built for a reason. They are not here to hold us back. Brick walls are there to show us how much we want something. Barriers are needed in order to stop people who do not want it.” — Randy Pausch
“Failure is the foundation for building. You use them as steps. Close the door to the past. You don't have to try to forget your mistakes, but that doesn't mean you have to dwell on them. Don't let them take your energy, or your time, or your space." — Johnny Cash
“Failure is an approach, not a result.” — Harvey McKay
"Doubt kills a dream more than a possible failure." — Susie Kassem
"Don't be ashamed of your failures, learn from them and start over." — Richard Branson
"Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve great things." — Robert F. Kennedy
“I don't believe in failure. There is no failure if you enjoy the process.” — Oprah Winfrey
“There are no failures in life. There are only results." — Tony Robbins
“Children are taught a lesson that adults should also learn: don’t be ashamed of failure — get up and try again. Most of us adults are so scared, so wary, so “safe”, and so tight-lipped, hardened, and afraid, which is why so many people fail. Most middle-aged adults are already resigned to failure.” — Malcolm X
What is the first thing you do when you learn to swim? You make mistakes, don't you? And what's going on? You make other mistakes, and when you make every possible miss without drowning (and repeat some of them over and over), what do you know? That you know how to swim! Well, life is like learning to swim. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, because there is simply no other way to learn how to live! — Alfred Adler
“However, the very desire for knowledge, the persistence of the search for truth, the humble recognition of failures and incompleteness of knowledge, and, nevertheless, cognitive optimism - all this goes beyond the textbooks of physics.” — Andrey Sakharov
“Winners are not afraid to lose. Failure is part of the road to success. People who avoid failure also avoid success. — Robert Toru Kiyosaki
“In my entire career, I have missed 9,000 times. I lost almost 300 games. 26 times I've been trusted with the decisive shot and missed. I've failed over and over in my life. And that's why I'm successful." - Michael Jordan
“Failure is the great design of nature, which prepares us for great responsibility.” — Napoleon Hill
"You don't convert 100 percent of the shots you don't throw." — Wayne Gretzky
"A person must be noble to admit his mistakes, smart to learn from them, and strong to correct them." — John C. Maxwell
“Failure does not exist. There is only experience and how we react to it.” — Tom Krause
"Success is not permanent, and failure is not fatal." — Mike Ditka
“Success is the ability to move from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” - Winston Churchill
“Life is full of disappointments. Sometimes you have to fail, and there's nothing you can do about it - such is life. — Sarah Dessen
"I can't give you the exact formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: try to please everyone all the time." — Herbert Bayard Swope
"To get out - go ahead." — Robert Frost
“In case of failure, everything seems stupid!”, “Rodion Raskolnikov, Crime and Punishment” - Fyodor Mikhailovich Dostoevsky
"Just because you failed once doesn't mean you will fail at everything." - Marilyn Monroe
“The only real mistake is the one from which we don’t learn anything.” - Henry Ford
"Failure is a workaround, not a dead end street." — Zig Ziglar
"It's hard to fail, but it's worse never to try to succeed." — Theodore Roosevelt
“Only when you risk failure do you discover. When you play the game carefully, you don't make the most of your experience." — Lupita Nyong'o
“You can't let your failures define you. You have to let your failures teach you." - Barack Obama
"If you fell yesterday, get up today." — Herbert Wells
"Many failures in life happen to people who didn't realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison
“Every trouble, every failure, every pain in the heart carries with it seeds of equal or greater benefit.” — Napoleon Hill
“The biggest risk is its absence. In a world that changes very quickly, the only strategy that is guaranteed to fail is not to take risks.” - Mark Zuckerberg
"There is no greater failure than to stop trying." — Elbert Hubbard
“Don't worry about failures. Worry about the chances you'll miss if you don't try." — Jack Canfield
"All my successes are based on my failures." — Benjamin Disraeli
“Success depends on your readiness for it, but without such preparation, failure is inevitable.” — Confucius
"It's not how low you fall, it's how high you jump." — Zig Ziglar
“All men make mistakes, but a good man gives in when he knows his course is wrong and corrects the evil. The only crime is pride." — Sophocles
“If I threw myself out the window every time I failed, I would spend my whole life flying.” - actor, TV presenter Dmitry Vladimirovich Nagiev
"In any case, one should not confuse a single failure with a final defeat." — F. Scott Fitzgerald
“The greatest glory awaits not the one who never falls, but the one who, falling, gets back on his feet every time.” — Oliver Goldsmith
“Your dream has no expiration date. Take a deep breath and try again." - Author unknown
“No one has ever become interesting unless they are wrong. The more you fail, recover, and improve, the better you become as a person. Have you ever met someone who always succeeded without much effort? Usually they are superficial, like a puddle. Or they don't exist at all. — Chris Hardwick
“The biggest mistake you can make in life is to constantly be afraid that you will make it.” — Elbert Hubbard
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got." - Mark Twain
“Success builds character, failure builds it.” — Dave Checketts
"Everything you want is on the other side of fear." — Jack Canfield
"If you're not prepared to make mistakes, you'll never come up with anything original." — Ken Robinson
“Remember that failure is an event, not a person!” — Zig Ziglar
"The greatest men have achieved their greatest success just one step away from their greatest failure." — Napoleon Hill
When we were kids, we most likely didn’t even realize how deep the meaning of Disney cartoons was. We were more interested in songs and dances, funny characters, terrible villains, and magnificent costumes of princesses and princes. But in these cartoons, especially those that have already become classics like The Lion King, Mulan, and Pocahontas, there are sad, touching moments seasoned with inspirational quotes.
Beautiful, emotional quotes that can touch the core
And if you listen carefully, they can teach some life lessons to children and adults. We have collected Disney quotes for you that will surely increase your motivation and mood.
1. "A flower that blooms in bad weather is the rarest jewel." Emperor, Mulan
2. "Sometimes the right path is not the easiest." Grandma Iva, "Pocahontas"
3. “You are much braver and smarter than you think; and much stronger than you might think. Christopher Robin, "Winnie the Pooh"
4. "Our destiny is within us, and it only takes courage to see it." Merida, "Brave"
5. "Even miracles take a little time." The good fairy, "Cinderella."
6. "Remember, you are the one who can fill this world with light." Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
7. "Hakuna matata". Timon and Pumbaa, The Lion King
8. "Always let your conscience be your guide." Cricket Jiminy, Pinocchio
9. "The same things that hold you down can lift you." Timothy Mouse, Dumbo
10. “The past can hurt, but as I see it, you can either run away from it or take a lesson for yourself.” Rafiki, The Lion King
11. “If you are going to watch all your life, then you will see how the whole life has passed without you.” Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
12. “You don't have time to be timid. You must be bold and courageous." Lumiere, "Beauty and the Beast"
13. "The whole world is at your feet." Burt, Mary Poppins
14. “Life is a journey full of experiences, not a problem to be solved.” Pooh, "Winnie the Pooh"
15. "Change is good." Rafiki, The Lion King
16. “All it takes is faith and trust.” Peter Pan, "Peter Pan"
17. “I'm on my way. I can cover the distance. It doesn't matter how far. Somehow I will find the strength within me. I know every mile is worth the effort. I'll go anywhere to find my place." Hercules, "Hercules"
Cartoons have existed since the 19th century when various optical illusions obtained with the help of devices were very popular. The original, simple form was a toy for children, a notebook, the pages that could be quickly scrolled. On each page, slightly different figures were drawn from the previous page, and if the images were swiftly changed one after the other, they merged and seemed to move. Since then, this principle in creating cartoons has remained unchanged, but modern technologies have perfected this art.
When cinematography was taking its first steps, the animated film was already a popular genre, although it took a long time to make. For just one minute of animation, 1440 drawings had to be made!
Walt Elias Disney was born on December 5, 1901, in Chicago. The childhood dream of cartoons. In 1923 he founded an animation studio. In 1928, the famous Mickey Mouse character was created. In the beginning, Mickey Mouse had no voice: it was the first time he was cast in a silent film. In 1955 he founded a vast amusement park: Disneyland. More than 500 million people from all over the world - children, parents, grandparents, presidents of states, kings, queens, princesses - have visited the famous amusement park over time.
18. "You're never too old to be young." Lucky, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
19. “You control your destiny; you don't need magic. And there are no magic shortcuts to solve your problems.” Merida, "Brave"
20. “If you focus on what you left behind, you can never see what lies ahead.” Gusteau, "Ratatouille"
21. “You don't just have to fly. Soar". Dumbo, "Dumbo"
22. "You should always say what you think." March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
23. “If you weren’t who you are, then we would all be a little different from who we are now.” Piglet, "Winnie the Pooh"
24. “A real hero is measured not by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” Zeus, "Hercules"
25. “When a smile appears in your heart, there is no better time to start. Think of all the joy you will find when you leave your worries behind. You can fly." Peter Pan, "Peter Pan"
26. “Do things outside of your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it." Rapunzel, "Tangled"
27. “It's up to you how far you go. If you don't try, you'll never know." Merlin, "The Sword in the Stone"
28. "Infinity is not the limit." Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
29. "Today's special moments are tomorrow's memories." Genie, Aladdin 2: The Return of Jafar
30. "Nothing is impossible." Doorknob, Alice in Wonderland
31. “As with many other things, it’s not what’s on the outside that matters, but what’s on the inside.” Merchant, "Aladdin"
32 “Do you know what to do when life fails you? Just keep swimming!" Dory, Finding Nemo
33. "Real beauty lies within." Narrator, Beauty and the Beast
34. “If you can’t say something good, it’s better to keep silent.” Dwarf Thumper, "Bambi"
35. “If you follow in the footsteps of a stranger, you will learn something you never knew.” Pocahontas, "Pocahontas"
36. "Let go of the situation." Elsa, Frozen
37. “The only way to get what you want is to work hard.” Tiana, The Princess, and the Frog
38. “To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” Mickey Mouse
39. “Sometimes we only see how people are different from us. But if you look closely, you'll see how similar we are." Jasmine, Aladdin
40. “If you keep believing, your dream will come true.” Cinderella, "Cinderella"
41. "We're all crazy here." Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland
42. “Giving up is for beginners.” Philoctetes, "Hercules"
We have collected famous sayings from all over the world on entirely different topics and for all occasions. In the cycle of life circumstances, a couple of them can be applied, flashing knowledge in front of people, or raising your morale.
Sayings that make life easier
So, 75 proverbs from Chinese, domestic, ancient Roman, and other wise men from all over the world, will allow you to stand on your feet more firmly when you can feel such albeit verbal, but sage and helpful support behind your shoulders!
1. A candle does not lose anything if another candle is lit from its flame.
2. Turn your face to the sun - then you will not be able to see the shadow.
3. It's not enough to learn how to ride, you also need to learn how to fall.
4. Desire is a thousand possibilities, unwillingness is a thousand reasons.
5. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
6. Do not do to others what you do not wish for yourself, and do to others as you would like to be done to you.
7. Actions mean more than words.
8. The best news is no news.
9. It's not a shame not to know, it's a shame not to want to know.
10. Don't fix what isn't broken.
11. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.
12. All good things come to an end.
13. Better late than never.
14. Don't judge a book by its cover.
15. Accept everything when it comes to you, enjoy everything while it lasts, release everything when it has to go.
16. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
17. Knowledge is power.
18. Laughter is the best medicine.
19. A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step!
20. Strike while the iron is hot.
21. Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
22. A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer. She sings because she has a song.
23. Even from an enemy, a person can learn wisdom.
24. Honesty is the best policy.
25. Who gets up early, God gives him.
26. Half the truth is a whole lie.
27. Curiosity killed the cat.
28. Forbidden fruit is sweet.
29. Better to be safe than sorry.
30. Coffee and love are best served hot.
31. He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones at others.
32. Away is good, but home is better.
33. Water does not flow under a lying stone.
34. Never bite off more than you can chew.
35. The main thing is desire, but there is a way.
36. Love is blind.
37. Failure to plan is to plan for failure.
38. Those who want to sing always find a song.
39. If you can talk, then you can sing, if you can walk, then you can dance.
40. Blood is not water.
41. An idle mind is the workshop of the devil.
42. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
43. He who plays with fire will burn himself.
44. If you want a job done well, do it yourself.
45. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.
46. The enemy of my enemy is my friend.
47. There are no free breakfasts.
48. One head is good, but two is better.
49. There is no smoke without fire.
50. Out of sight, out of mind.
51. Before you run, you need to learn how to walk.
52. Money is the root of all evil.
53. Do not throw pearls in front of pigs.
54. Don't brag about tomorrow, you don't know what the day will bring.
55. Those who plot evil have deceit in their hearts, but peacemakers have joy.
56. Where one door closes, another opens.
57. Measure seven times, cut once.
58. Time spares no one.
59. Fall down seven times - and get up eight.
60. A tree is precious by its fruits, and a man by his deeds.
61. Mother understands what the child does not say.
62. Cheese, wine and friends must be old to be good.
63. As it came, so it went.
64. Trust in God, but don't make a mistake yourself.
65. The pen is stronger than the sword.
66. There is no better time than the present.
67. Time is money.
68. While in Rome, do as the Romans do.
69. Do not refuse a good deed to the needy, when your hand is able to do it.
70. Moscow has been built for centuries.
71. A fisherman sees a fisherman from afar.
72. Do not make an elephant out of a fly.
73. There is no evil without good.
74. What we have, we do not keep; if we lose it, we weep.
75. Confess what you preach.