40 touching quotes from Disney cartoons
When we were kids, we most likely didn’t even realize how deep the meaning of Disney cartoons was. We were more interested in songs and dances, funny characters, terrible villains, and magnificent costumes of princesses and princes. But in these cartoons, especially those that have already become classics like The Lion King, Mulan, and Pocahontas, there are sad, touching moments seasoned with inspirational quotes.
Beautiful, emotional quotes that can touch the core
And if you listen carefully, they can teach some life lessons to children and adults. We have collected Disney quotes for you that will surely increase your motivation and mood.
1. "A flower that blooms in bad weather is the rarest jewel." Emperor, Mulan
2. "Sometimes the right path is not the easiest." Grandma Iva, "Pocahontas"
3. “You are much braver and smarter than you think; and much stronger than you might think. Christopher Robin, "Winnie the Pooh"
4. "Our destiny is within us, and it only takes courage to see it." Merida, "Brave"
5. "Even miracles take a little time." The good fairy, "Cinderella."
6. "Remember, you are the one who can fill this world with light." Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
7. "Hakuna matata". Timon and Pumbaa, The Lion King
8. "Always let your conscience be your guide." Cricket Jiminy, Pinocchio
9. "The same things that hold you down can lift you." Timothy Mouse, Dumbo
10. “The past can hurt, but as I see it, you can either run away from it or take a lesson for yourself.” Rafiki, The Lion King
11. “If you are going to watch all your life, then you will see how the whole life has passed without you.” Laverne, The Hunchback of Notre Dame
12. “You don't have time to be timid. You must be bold and courageous." Lumiere, "Beauty and the Beast"
13. "The whole world is at your feet." Burt, Mary Poppins
14. “Life is a journey full of experiences, not a problem to be solved.” Pooh, "Winnie the Pooh"
15. "Change is good." Rafiki, The Lion King
16. “All it takes is faith and trust.” Peter Pan, "Peter Pan"
17. “I'm on my way. I can cover the distance. It doesn't matter how far. Somehow I will find the strength within me. I know every mile is worth the effort. I'll go anywhere to find my place." Hercules, "Hercules"
Cartoons have existed since the 19th century when various optical illusions obtained with the help of devices were very popular. The original, simple form was a toy for children, a notebook, the pages that could be quickly scrolled. On each page, slightly different figures were drawn from the previous page, and if the images were swiftly changed one after the other, they merged and seemed to move. Since then, this principle in creating cartoons has remained unchanged, but modern technologies have perfected this art.
When cinematography was taking its first steps, the animated film was already a popular genre, although it took a long time to make. For just one minute of animation, 1440 drawings had to be made!
Walt Elias Disney was born on December 5, 1901, in Chicago. The childhood dream of cartoons. In 1923 he founded an animation studio. In 1928, the famous Mickey Mouse character was created. In the beginning, Mickey Mouse had no voice: it was the first time he was cast in a silent film. In 1955 he founded a vast amusement park: Disneyland. More than 500 million people from all over the world - children, parents, grandparents, presidents of states, kings, queens, princesses - have visited the famous amusement park over time.
18. "You're never too old to be young." Lucky, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
19. “You control your destiny; you don't need magic. And there are no magic shortcuts to solve your problems.” Merida, "Brave"
20. “If you focus on what you left behind, you can never see what lies ahead.” Gusteau, "Ratatouille"
21. “You don't just have to fly. Soar". Dumbo, "Dumbo"
22. "You should always say what you think." March Hare, Alice in Wonderland
23. “If you weren’t who you are, then we would all be a little different from who we are now.” Piglet, "Winnie the Pooh"
24. “A real hero is measured not by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart.” Zeus, "Hercules"
25. “When a smile appears in your heart, there is no better time to start. Think of all the joy you will find when you leave your worries behind. You can fly." Peter Pan, "Peter Pan"
26. “Do things outside of your comfort zone. The rewards are worth it." Rapunzel, "Tangled"
27. “It's up to you how far you go. If you don't try, you'll never know." Merlin, "The Sword in the Stone"
28. "Infinity is not the limit." Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story
29. "Today's special moments are tomorrow's memories." Genie, Aladdin 2: The Return of Jafar
30. "Nothing is impossible." Doorknob, Alice in Wonderland
31. “As with many other things, it’s not what’s on the outside that matters, but what’s on the inside.” Merchant, "Aladdin"
32 “Do you know what to do when life fails you? Just keep swimming!" Dory, Finding Nemo
33. "Real beauty lies within." Narrator, Beauty and the Beast
34. “If you can’t say something good, it’s better to keep silent.” Dwarf Thumper, "Bambi"
35. “If you follow in the footsteps of a stranger, you will learn something you never knew.” Pocahontas, "Pocahontas"
36. "Let go of the situation." Elsa, Frozen
37. “The only way to get what you want is to work hard.” Tiana, The Princess, and the Frog
38. “To laugh at yourself is to love yourself.” Mickey Mouse
39. “Sometimes we only see how people are different from us. But if you look closely, you'll see how similar we are." Jasmine, Aladdin
40. “If you keep believing, your dream will come true.” Cinderella, "Cinderella"
41. "We're all crazy here." Cheshire Cat, Alice in Wonderland
42. “Giving up is for beginners.” Philoctetes, "Hercules"
Walt Disney is one of the largest entertainment companies in the world. It consists of major film studios that produce top feature and animated films. Disney and its subsidiaries are going to release movies of various genres that received high marks from viewers and critics.
Which are the new Disney movies that are worth watching?
The studio begins its history on October 16, 1923, when the brothers Roy and Walter Disney opened a small animation studio. The first cartoon was released the following year. But the studio's creations began to gain real popularity with the advent of the Oswald Rabbit cartoon, as well as the cartoon character Mickey Mouse, first shown in Airplane Crazy. In the future, the famous characters Pluto, Goofy, and Donald Duck appeared, in cartoons with which the studio made good money.
Producer Jon Landau has unveiled a lineup of upcoming theatrical releases, starting with Doctor Strange: Into the Multiverse of Madness, set to premiere on May 6th. Followed by Buzz Lightyear (June 17), Bob's Diner (May 27), Thor: Love and Thunder (July 8), Banshee Inishira (October 21), Avatar re-release (September 24), "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" (November 11), "Amsterdam" (November 4), "Menu" (November 18), "Weird World" (November 23), "Avatar 2: The Path of Water" (December 16), " Marvel (February 17, 2023), Haunted Mansion (March 10, 2023), Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. Part 3 (May 5, 2023), Indiana Jones (June 30, 2023), The Little Mermaid (May 26, 2023) and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantum Mania (July 28, 2023) .
After 10 years of happy life, Giselle, Robert and Morgan move into a new house in the suburbs of Monroeville. The community is overseen by Malvina Monroe, who has nefarious intentions towards the family. When problems arise, Gisele wishes for their lives to be the perfect fairy tale. The spell works, and Giselle rushes to save her family and her homeland - the kingdom of Andalazia, until the clock strikes midnight.
The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild
The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild continues the escapades of the possum brothers Crash and Eddie, who set out to find a place of their own. Together with the one-eyed weasel, Buck Wild, they face the dinosaurs who inhabit the Lost World.
Hocus Pocus 2
Hocus Pocus 2 is an American horror comedy film directed by Anne Fletcher. Bette Midler, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Cathy Najimy will reprise their roles. The film will be released on Disney+ in 2022.
After taking on the avatar form of a soldier, Jake Sully becomes the leader of the Navi people. He takes on the mission to protect new friends from mercenary business people from Earth. Now he has someone to fight for. When heavily armed earthlings return to Pandora, Jake is ready to fight back.
Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules
The film's plot focuses on the relationship between Greg Heffley and his older brother Rodrik. Wanting to establish contact between her sons, the mother promises them a monetary reward if they stop quarreling. Meanwhile, Rodrick is obsessed with entering a talent show with his rock band, and Greg tries to win over Holly's new classmate.
Peter Pan and Wendy
Peter Pan and Wendy is an upcoming American fantasy film directed by David Lowery and written by him and co-written by Toby Halbrooks. The film is a film adaptation of the 1953 Peter Pan cartoon, based on the fairy tale story of the same name by James Matthew Barry.
Black panther 2
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is an upcoming American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Black Panther.
Buzz Lightyear is an upcoming American animated science fiction film produced by Pixar and Walt Disney Pictures.
New Pixar Animations
Of course, new cartoons will also be produced by Pixar. As many as two of them will be related to Toy Story. One of them is stories called "Win or Lose" from the makers of Toy Story 4. Its premiere was announced in autumn 2023. The second is Buzz Lightyear, an animated prequel to the series that introduces the origin story of Buzz Lightyear. Chris Evans voices the main character. The cartoon will be released in June 2022.
Already playing on screens in 2022
Studio: Disney + Pixar (USA)
Release date: March 10
Plot: Mei Li, an ordinary schoolgirl, turns into a giant red panda. What's this? Magic, curse, family secret? The girl will be devoted to the details of the red-haired occasion.
Audience expectations: the cartoon is considered attractive in advance by many parameters. Here they show hyper-custody from the mother, the panda remains cute even in a large format, and Mei Li's tantrums are too natural. Winning moments and essential topics for teenage girls are collected in a bottle of one cartoon.
The Bad Guys
Studio: DreamWorks Animation + Universal Pictures (USA)
Release date: March 24
Plot: a gang of negative characters, including the Wolf, Shark, Piranha, Serpent, and Tarantula, does not deny anything in life. The company comes off to the fullest and does not plan to do good deeds. Until the Wolf realizes that it is time to settle down, grow up, and be kinder - not only to him but to all his friends and colleagues. The path to the top is complex, and you don’t even need to guess about it.
Audience expectations: quite positive. The cartoon promises a mixture of styles, similar to that shown by the unique project “Love. Death. Robots ”, plus a motley team of not-so-villains will be rowdy here (by the way, this is from the books, you can read it and compare it later). Everything is in a charmingly explosive frame. Ideal for children and their parents.
This autumn, on screens
Studio: Disney (USA)
Release Date: November 23
Plot: The previously titled "Searcher Clade" cartoon has been given a more streamlined title. The fantastic project of the Disney studio portends: that the journey will become unforgettable. The Clyde family of explorers will find themselves in an uncharted land inhabited by strange creatures. Family conflict and dangerous mission available.
Audience expectations: Everyone is curious about what the cartoon will be like. The team includes Don Hall (Moana) and Qui Nguyen (Raya and the Last Dragon, where the creators have already crossed paths). The Disney studio has not yet had such fiction, so that Buzz will scout the situation, and the Claydes will fly next. Even though the trailer had not yet been shown, the audience froze in anticipation.
The solid and bright five demand attention. It's time to vote for the project you like the most, which is at the top of the waiting list.
The strength of a person's spirit and the will to win are based on courage - a trait that the most worthy have. This quality has always been necessary for people to win in battles, it is very necessary in everyday life. And in our difficult times, each of us needs courage more than ever.
Sayings and aphorisms on the theme of courage
If your reserve of courage is a little depleted, it must be replenished immediately with the help of quotes and aphorisms of the great minds of mankind - writers, politicians, spiritual leaders and educators. Read Bemorepanda's selection and gain courage, courage and stamina!
1. "Without courage there can be no truth, and without truth there can be no other virtue." — Sir Walter Scott
2. “The madness of the brave is the wisdom of life!” - Maksim Gorky
3. “He who loses wealth loses a lot; he who loses a friend loses more; but he who loses courage loses everything.” - Miguel de Cervantes
4. "Courage does not lie in blindly not noticing danger, but in seeing and overcoming it." — Jean Paul
5. “Courage is a great property of the soul; the people marked by him should be proud of themselves. – N. M. Karamzin
6. “All the brave love; for only those who have affections to fight for are brave.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
7. "In life, it takes great courage to be human and maintain your dignity." – V. A. Zubkov
8. "Fortitude is the protection and support of other virtues." — John Locke
9. "Courage is cultivated day by day in stubborn resistance to difficulties." – N. A. Ostrovsky
10. "True courage is taciturn: it costs him so little to show himself that he considers heroism itself to be a duty, not a feat." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Marlinsky
11. “Conscience is the root of all true courage; if a man is brave, let him obey his conscience.” - James Freeman Clark 12. "Courage derives its gain from the cowardice of others." - Ya. B. Knyazhnin
13. "The best hearts are always the bravest." — Lawrence Stern
14. "Three main virtues of the leader: courage, mind, health of body and soul." – A. V. Suvorov
15. "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear." - Mark Twain
16. "The difference between the brave and the coward is that the former, aware of the danger, does not feel fear, and the second feels fear, not conscious of the danger." – V. O. Klyuchevsky
17. "A man who has never been in danger cannot be held accountable for his courage." — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
18. "Courage usually goes along with gentleness of character, and a courageous person is more than others capable of generosity." – N. V. Shelgunov
19. “Life is a struggle, and in order to win a worthy victory in it, a person needs everyday courage.” – V. A. Zubkov
20. "Courage without discipline is closer to brutality than to masculinity." — Sir P. Sidney
21. “Not the one who climbs into danger without feeling fear is courageous, but the one who can suppress the strongest fear and think about danger without submitting to fear.” – K. D. Ushinsky
22. “Physical courage, which despises all danger, will make a man brave in one respect; and moral courage, scorning all opinion, will make a man brave in another. The first, it would seem, is the most necessary for the camp; the second for advice; but in order to become a great man, both are necessary. – Charles Caleb Colton
23. "Courage to defend the fatherland is a virtue, but courage in a robber is villainy." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Marlinsky
24. “There is a big difference between true courage and simple contempt for life.” - Cato the Elder
25. “More than once our great empire approached the brink of destruction, but it was not the wealth that did not exist, not the weapons with which we always limped, but the iron courage of her sons, who spared neither strength nor life, that saved her, if only Russia lived” . – M. O. Menshikov
26. “Courage is doing what you fear. You can't have courage if you're not scared." — Eddie Rickenbacker
27. "Wisdom is the courage of the spirit." – A. V. Lavrukhin
28. “To see what is right and not do it is a lack of courage.” – Confucius
29. "Neither an officer's uniform will make you brave, nor a priestly cassock - merciful, nor a judge's toga - just, nor a ministerial chair - strong if your soul does not abound with either courage, or compassion, or righteousness, or strength." - Nikolay Serbian
30. "No one can be brave if he considers pain the greatest evil of life." – Cicero
31. “Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! And do not despair of falling! Have patience and courage - restore strength, heal wounds and know that fate will definitely give you a chance! – Oleg Roy
32. "A real knight is more full of courage in the thick of battle than at the beginning of danger." — Sir P. Sidney
33. "To admit one's mistakes is the highest courage." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Marlinsky
34. "A huge amount of talent is lost in this world due to lack of courage." — Sydney Smith
35. "War is an area of danger, courage is the most important quality of war." – Carl Philipp Gottlieb von Clausewitz
36. "Courage must be guided by skill, and skill should be armed with courage." — Sir P. Sidney
37. “Qualities such as courage, truthfulness, justice are acquired through development. Therefore, morality is an undoubted product of culture. – G. I. Chelpanov
38. “Courage based on the hope of reward, on the fear of punishment, on the experience of success, on rage or ignorance of danger, is just ordinary courage, and it does not deserve this name. True courage presupposes a just end; measures the dangers and meets the result with calmness and unwavering determination.” — Francois de la Noue
39. "There are two main manifestations in courage: contempt for pain and contempt for death." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
40. “Courage is when a person does not let the fear of death rule his life.” – S. S. Govorukhin
41. “Courage is not a virtue or value among other personal values such as love or loyalty. It is the foundation that underlies all other virtues and personal values and makes them a reality. Without courage, our love turns pale and turns into a simple addiction. Without courage, our loyalty becomes conformity.” — Rollo May
42. “Courage makes a man greater than himself; for then he is himself plus his prowess.” — William R. Alger
43. "True courage consists in loving life, knowing the whole truth about it." – S. D. Dovlatov
44. "Courage is a lamp of adversity." — Luc de Clapier
45. "The discovery of the courage to rise above the vanity and dependence on suffering brings true satisfaction and freedom to the soul." – R. V. Share
46. “Remember now, when you meet your antagonist, do everything in a gentle, pleasant manner. May your courage be as sharp, but at the same time as polished as your sword.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
47. "God holds fast to the strong." — Giuseppe Mazzini
48. “Fearlessness is indispensable for the development of other noble qualities. Is it possible without courage to seek the truth or carefully keep love? - Mahatma Gandhi
49. "In war, courage wins, not good weapons." - Miguel de Cervantes
50. "Dare to glorify the motherland with courage!" – M. V. Lomonosov
51. “He has not learned the lesson of life who does not overcome fear every day.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “A person is loved mainly for two virtues: firstly, courage, secondly, fidelity.” - Gaius Lucilius
53. "There are three things that need to be affirmed in boys and young men - the duty of a man, the responsibility of a man, the dignity of a man." – V. A. Sukhomlinsky
54. "Courage does not consist in taking risks without fear, but in being resolutely disposed to a just cause." – Plutarch
55. “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Spy movies are a separate genre in world cinema, which has a rich history and characteristics depending on the country of production, involvement in a particular franchise (Mission Impossible, James Bond films), and authors (for example, John Le Carre). Bemorepanda has put together a list of top spy movies that will last long.
Top spy movies
Passwords and appearances, real conspiracy, double life, and a mission to save the world - enjoy exciting stories in films about spies and secret agents!
Tinker Tailor Spy
France, UK, Germany, 2011.
Duration: 127 minutes.
British intelligence suspects that a Soviet spy has been working in the organization's ranks for a long time. However, it is impossible to calculate it, and all agents who openly declare danger are soon dismissed. And then, the former intelligence officer George Smiley begins a secret investigation. The intrigue turns out to be even more complicated than he expected.
The film is based on the book of the same name by John Le Carre (in the original title and Russian, there is a part of the counting rhyme). Moreover, this novel was already transferred to the screens as a series back in 1979. The lead actor in the new version, Gary Oldman, tried to combine in his image the behavior of the actor Alec Guinness, who played in the series, and the author of the book himself. In addition, he tried to grow a slight belly, characteristic of an older adult. Such a deep approach provided him with an Oscar nomination for this role.
USA, Germany, France, Japan, 2001.
Action, thriller, detective.
Duration: 122 minutes.
On the last day of his service, CIA special agent Nathan Muir learns that his colleague Tom Bishop has ended up in a Chinese prison and will be executed within 24 hours. An experienced operative must develop a plan to rescue his partner quickly and, simultaneously, find out why he was imprisoned. It wasn't without romance.
An experienced director Tony Scott (younger brother of the famous Ridley Scott), made a lot of films about tough military men and agents. But in this picture, he decided to bet on psychology and dialogue, inviting very charismatic actors to play the leading roles. Robert Redford and his protégé Bishop played Muir.
Body of Lies
USA, UK, 2008.
Detective, thriller, drama.
Duration: 128 minutes.
US national intelligence agent Roger Ferris searches the world for terrorists and prevents dangerous events. And he is helped by CIA veteran Ed Hoffman, who constantly monitors the hero with the help of a satellite. Ferris comes up with a risky plan to capture a dangerous criminal leader. But it turns out that the management can play their game behind his back.
This film is from Ridley Scott himself, and even with Russell Crowe and Leonardo DiCaprio in the lead roles. By the way, the actors have previously starred together in the film The Quick and the Dead. According to the director's tradition, the twisted plot is filled with drive and manifestations of cruelty.
Action, thriller, adventure.
Duration: 110 minutes.
The plot of this film, based on the TV series of the 60s and which gave rise to an entire franchise, is dedicated to the secret agent of the CIA, Ethan Hunt. After the death of several colleagues, they begin to suspect him of betrayal. To clear his name, he must find the natural "mole."
Six parts of this franchise have already been released, the main advantage of which is considered a very cool action. And the lead actor Tom Cruise, despite his age, continues to perform all the most dangerous stunts without an understudy.
The IPress File
Duration: 109 minutes.
After the disappearance of several famous scientists, Sergeant Harry Palmer, who works for the British Ministry of Defense, takes over the investigation. The search leads him to an Albanian nicknamed Kingfisher. Soon Palmer finds a magnetic tape with the inscription "IPCRESS" and finds out the true purpose of the kidnapping.
The role of Harry Palmer glorified the future legend of cinema - British actor Michael Caine. And besides, many believe that it was Palmer, along with James Bond, who became the prototype of the famous comedy spy Austin Powers.
France, Italy, 1990.
Duration: 117 minutes.
A young girl, Nikita, being under the influence of drugs, went on a robbery and killed a man. The court sentenced her to life imprisonment. But after some time, Nikita was injected, and she woke up already at the school for special agents. Now she is being trained as a professional spy and assassin to perform the most secret tasks.
The success of this French film from Luc Besson spawned many remakes. First, the full-length movie “No Return” was released in the USA with a similar plot, where Bridget Fonda played the leading role. And then two series appeared: the Canadian “Her Name was Nikita” with Peta Wilson and the American “Nikita” with Maggie Q.
Action, thriller, adventure.
Duration: 111 minutes.
Based on the novel of the same name by Ian Fleming, the film first introduced the audience to the secret agent James Bond with the code 007. In this picture, he faces the powerful Spectrum organization, which is trying to take over the American silos at Cape Canaveral. The agent's main rival is the sinister Dr. No.
The James Bond films need no introduction. It was these films that gave impetus to the popularity of the spy action genre itself. More than 20 pictures about agent 007 have already been released, not counting the numerous parodies and copies.
Enemy of the State
Duration: 132 minutes.
Unsuspecting lawyer Robert Dean suddenly becomes the owner of a videotape that can expose the official. An employee is pushing a law that allows people to be monitored. From that moment on, the protagonist's life turns into a nightmare: government agents are chasing him, able to listen in on conversations and spy on any citizen through surveillance cameras. From a successful lawyer, Dean turns into an enemy of the state.
Tony Scott also directed this film. Well, Will Smith, who played the leading role, continued his victorious march on the screens: before that, he starred in Men in Black and Independence Day. Actual ahead of him was the rejection of the "Matrix" and the failure in the "Wild, Wild West."
The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
USA, UK, 2015.
Action, comedy, adventure.
Duration: 116 minutes.
CIA agent Napoleon Solo and Soviet KGB operative Ilya Kuryakin hate each other. But they have to unite to carry out the mission together. With the help of the daughter of a missing German scientist, Gabi, they must hunt down the members of the international criminal organization that created the nuclear bomb.
Like "Mission: Impossible," this film is based on a classic series of the same name. But director Guy Ritchie added his trademark humor to the story and simultaneously made a stunning visual with Cold War costumes.
Three Days of the Condor
Duration: 117 minutes.
Joe Turner, with the official pseudonym Condor, works in the secret department of the CIA. But he is engaged exclusively in paperwork: he looks for information leaks in the press with his assistants. One day, Joe goes out during his lunch break for a sandwich, and when he returns, he finds that all his colleagues have been killed. He soon realizes that he is being hunted not just by criminals but by the CIA.
The film is based on the classic spy novel by James Grady. Only the original was called "Six Days of the Condor," and the action lasted twice as long. Here you can see the still young Robert Redford, who would later play an already experienced agent in Spy Games.
France, Canada, USA, 2005.
Drama, thriller, historical.
Duration: 164 minutes.
The film is based on an actual tragedy during the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich when Palestinian terrorists killed Israeli athletes. A group of Mossad agents track down and destroy everyone involved in this crime.
This film by Steven Spielberg received five Oscar nominations, particularly in the Best Picture category. However, the Munich plot drew sharp criticism from both Palestine and Israel. Representatives of both states stated that the authors greatly distorted the actual events. Spielberg replied that the film is only a tribute to the memory of the tragedy and the dead, so it should not be judged as a documentary story.
Bridge of Spies
Germany, India, USA, 2015.
Drama, thriller, historical.
Duration: 142 minutes.
This movie is also based on actual events. In the center of the plot is the lawyer James Donovan, who defended the Soviet spy Rudolf Abel at the trial. He will become the primary mediator in the negotiations when the USSR shoots down the American pilot Gary Powers. Despite the height of the Cold War, Donovan must negotiate a prisoner exchange.
And again, the picture of Steven Spielberg received six Oscar nominations. In many ways, the film's success was ensured by the excellent performance of Tom Hanks, who played the role of James Donovan.
Detective, thriller, drama.
Duration: 108 minutes.
The action of the picture takes place during the Second World War. A servant of the British ambassador in pro-neutral Turkey sells secret documents to Germany and simultaneously tries to have an affair with a Polish countess.
The picture, which appeared just in the era of the US obsession with finding spies, quickly gained public recognition and received Oscar nominations in Best Picture and Best Screenplay categories.
Kingsman: The Secret Service
UK, USA, 2014.
Action, comedy, adventure.
Duration: 130 minutes.
A young, quick-witted guy, Eggsy lives in a poor area and hangs out with criminals. After he again comes across the police, a friend of his dead father, Harry Hart, comes to the rescue. A man arranges a young man for training in the most incredible secret organization Kingsman. However, it isn't easy to stay in this school.
Director Matthew Vaughn took the famous comic book by Mark Millar as a basis, significantly changed the plot, and added utterly insane action to it. As a result, the audience saw a very bright and dynamic spy comedy. The famous film received a sequel, followed by a prequel about the organization of the Kingsman service.
The Bourne Identity
USA, Germany, Czech Republic, 2002.
Detective, thriller, thriller.
Duration: 113 minutes.
The crew of a fishing boat finds the body of an unconscious man with two wounds in the Mediterranean Sea. He does not remember his name or past events when he wakes up. Soon the man learns that his name is Jason Bourne. And at the same time finds out that the killers are on his trail.
The book of the same name by Robert Ludlum was already transferred to the screens in 1988, then Jason Bourne was played by Richard Chamberlain. But the new version with Matt Damon spawned an entire franchise about the adventures of a badass spy, which already has five films.
Thriller, drama, melodrama.
Duration: 102 minutes.
The daughter of Johann Huberman, who was arrested for treason, meets an FBI agent. As it turns out, the meeting was organized on purpose. A girl is asked to help uncover a Nazi conspiracy in Rio de Janeiro. She must marry a German agent and find out the plans of the conspirators to build a nuclear bomb. But the husband begins to suspect something, and the spy is in mortal danger.
The famous Alfred Hitchcock has always approached the development of his films with complete dedication. To be more plausible about creating a nuclear bomb, he began to turn to experts and look for documents on the use of uranium ore. As a result, the director himself fell under the suspicion of the FBI.
North by Northwest
Detective, thriller, adventure.
Duration: 136 minutes.
The protagonist Roger Thornhill, who works as an advertising agent, suddenly finds himself in the middle of a spy game. The thing is that counterintelligence takes him for a secret agent, whom no one knows by sight. Roger has to escape the personal services, and only a mysterious stranger can help him.
Alfred Hitchcock also directed this film. And the plot was based on the real story of the Second World War when British intelligence came up with a non-existent secret agent and forced the enemies to hunt for him.
Duration: 95 minutes.
A resident of Yugoslavia, Iliya Chvorovich, was summoned to the police to ask about his new lodger. He lived in Paris for 20 years, and now he is opening an atelier in Belgrade. Chvorovich decides that he has settled a spy and begins his surveillance of a neighbor, involving his wife and twin brother for this.
Not well-known now, but it is a fantastic film that combines excellent comedy and a tense plot. The picture is often called the best creation of the cinema of Yugoslavia, and the actors who played in it showed the height of their skills.