60 quotes from Marie Curie, for whom physics is a profession
Marie Curie (1876-1934), a Polish-French experimental scientist, became known worldwide for her scientific discoveries in the field of physics and chemistry, which played an essential role in the scientific revolution. And her merits did not go unnoticed by the scientific community - Marie Curie became the first woman to receive the Nobel Prize (for research on radioactivity), and the first person in history to receive the Nobel Prize twice. In addition, Maria was the first female professor at the University of Paris. From the above, it is easy to understand that she had extraordinary talent and thinking. And this at a time when the opinion of women was not listened to, which made her career even more impressive.
On science and life from the first woman in history to receive the Nobel Prize
Such outstanding personalities are always of great interest, so if you want to know more about Mary's way of thinking, not only as a scientist but also as a person, read the quotes that Bemorepanda has collected below. Moreover, she deserved it thanks to her discoveries that saved millions of lives and changed the world for the better.
1. "Do not be afraid of perfection, you will never achieve it."
2. "It's always good to marry your best friend."
3. "I was taught that the path of progress was neither quick nor easy."
4. “Radium should not enrich anyone. It's an element, it belongs to the whole world."
5. “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and, above all, self-confidence. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that it must be achieved."
6. "First principle: never allow yourself to be overwhelmed by people or events."
7. “The older a person gets, the more he feels that he needs to enjoy the present moment, comparable to a state of grace.”
8. "Be less interested in people and more interested in ideas."
9. "In science, we should be interested in things, not people."
10. "There are sadistic scientists who, instead of establishing the truth, rush to hunt down errors."
11. “Decide. Have fun and get to work! The world is waiting for you to reveal your gift!”
12. "You will never make me believe that women are made to walk on stilts."
13. “Pierre Curie came to visit me and showed a simple and sincere sympathy for my student life. He soon got into the habit of telling me about his dream of an existence entirely devoted to scientific research, and he asked me to share this life.”
14. “My husband and I were so closely connected by our affection and common work that we spent almost all the time together.”
15. “I was only fifteen when I graduated from high school, and I always won first place in my class. Fatigue from growth and study forced me to rest in the countryside for almost a year. Then I returned to my father in Warsaw, hoping to teach in free schools.”
16. "A scientist in his laboratory is not just a technician: he is also a child, faced with natural phenomena that amaze him like fairy tales."
17. "I am one of those who think that science has great beauty."
18. "You should never be afraid of what you do when it's right."
19. “There is nothing to be afraid of in life, it only needs to be understood. Now is the time to understand more in order to fear less.”
20. “All my life, new views of nature made me rejoice like a child.”
21. “You never notice what has been done, you can only see what is yet to be done.”
22. “During 1894, Pierre Curie wrote letters to me that seem to me admirable in their form. None of them were very long, as he was in the habit of expressing himself briefly, but they were all written in a spirit of sincerity and with an obvious desire to make the one whom he wanted to have as a companion know him for who he is.
23. “Sometimes I had to stir the boiling mass for days on end with a heavy iron rod almost the same size as myself. By the end of the day, I was exhausted. On other days, on the contrary, the work consisted in the smallest and most delicate fractional crystallization in an attempt to concentrate the radium.
24. “You can only analyze the data you have. Be strategic about what to collect and how to store it.”
25. “More and more I feel the need for a house and a garden.”
26. “But humanity also needs dreamers for whom the selfless development of an enterprise is so exciting that it becomes impossible for them to devote their concern to their own material gain.”
27. “It was like a new world opened up before me, the world of science, which I was finally allowed to know with all freedom.”
28. “Thus perished the hope based on the miraculous being who thus ceased to exist. In the office he was never destined to return to, the water buttercups he had brought from the village were still fresh.”
29. "I am one of those who think, like Nobel, that humanity will derive more good from new discoveries than evil."
30. “In 1903, I defended my doctoral dissertation and received a degree. At the end of the same year, Becquerel, my husband and I were awarded the Nobel Prize for the discovery of radioactivity and new radioactive elements.
31. "In the course of my research, I had to investigate not only simple compounds, salts and oxides, but also a huge number of minerals."
32. "The death of my husband, which came immediately after the discoveries with which his name is associated, was perceived by the public, and especially by scientific circles, as a national misfortune."
33. “I don’t have a dress other than the one I wear every day. If you'd be so kind as to give it to me, please keep it practical and dark so that I can wear it later to go to the lab."
34. "The first experiments on the biological properties of radium were successfully carried out in France with samples from our laboratory, while my husband was still alive."
35. "My experiments have proved that the radiation of uranium compounds can be measured with accuracy under certain conditions, and that this radiation is an atomic property of the element uranium."
36. “If I see something vital around me, it is precisely that spirit of adventurism that seems indestructible and akin to curiosity.”
37. “I have the best husband you could ever dream of; I never imagined that I would find someone like him. He is a real gift from heaven, and the more we live together, the more we love each other.”
38. "I sincerely wish that some of you will continue this scientific work and keep in your ambitions the determination to make a permanent contribution to science."
39. “Sometimes my courage leaves me, and I think that I should quit my job, live in the countryside and devote myself to gardening. I also don't know if I can live without a lab even if I write science books."
40. “In the study of highly radioactive substances, special precautions must be taken if you want to make accurate measurements. Various items that are used in the chemical laboratory and those used for experiments in physics become radioactive in a short time and act on photographic plates through black paper. Dust, the air in the room, and clothes, everything becomes radioactive.”
41. "After all, science is essentially international, and it is only because of the lack of historical meaning that national qualities are attributed to it."
42. “We must not allow ourselves to believe that all scientific progress can be reduced to mechanisms, machines, gears, although these mechanisms have their own beauty. I also don't believe that the spirit of adventurism is in danger of disappearing from our world."
43. “Unfamiliar with Paris, I was lost in the big city, but the feeling that I live there alone, taking care of myself without anyone's help, did not depress me at all. If sometimes I felt lonely, then my usual state of mind was peace and great moral satisfaction.
44. “You cannot hope to build a better world without improving individuals. To this end, each of us must work towards our own improvement and at the same time bear a common responsibility for all of humanity, our special duty being to help those to whom we think we can be of most use.”
45. “I have often been asked, especially by women, how I can combine family life with a scientific career.
45. “I have often been asked, especially by women, how I can combine family life with a scientific career. Well, it wasn't easy."
46. “When radium was discovered, no one knew that it would be useful in hospitals. The work was purely scientific. And this is proof that scientific work should not be considered in terms of its direct usefulness.
47. “In 1906, just at the moment when we finally abandoned the old laboratory in the barn where we were so happy, there was a terrible catastrophe that took my husband from me and left me alone to raise our children and at the same time continue our research work.
48. "Stability can only be achieved with inactive matter."
49. “Pierre Curie voluntarily exposed his hand to radium for several hours. This resulted in a burn-like injury that developed gradually and took several months to heal. Henri Becquerel accidentally received a similar burn as a result of carrying a glass tube containing radium salt in his vest pocket. He came to tell us about this pernicious effect of radium, exclaiming both admiringly and annoyedly: "I love him, but I have a complaint about him."
50. “We believe that the substance that we have extracted from pitchblende contains a metal that has not yet been discovered, related to bismuth in its analytical properties. If the existence of this new metal is confirmed, we propose to call it polonium, after the name of the country of origin of one of us."
51. “Chemically, radium differs little from barium; the salts of these two elements are isomorphic, while the radium salts are usually less soluble than the barium salts.
52. “All my thoughts were focused on my studies, which, especially at the beginning, was difficult. In fact, I was not sufficiently prepared to take the course in physical sciences at the Sorbonne, because, despite my best efforts, I did not manage to get in Poland the same complete training as the French students attending the same course.
53. "The first time I met Pierre Curie in the spring of 1894 ... A Polish physicist whom I knew and who was a great admirer of Pierre Curie once invited us together to spend an evening with him and his wife."
54. “I tried various experiments described in treatises on physics and chemistry, and the results were sometimes unexpected. At times I was encouraged by a small but unexpected success; at other times I was driven to utter despair by accidents and setbacks caused by my inexperience."
55. “If it takes a hundred years, it would be a pity, but I will not stop working for this as long as I live.”
56. "I will devote only a few lines to expressing my belief in the importance of science - it is through this daily pursuit of knowledge that man has risen to the unique position that he occupies on Earth, and his strength and well-being are constantly increasing."
57. “Certain bodies ... become luminous when heated. Their luminosity disappears after a while, but the ability to glow again under the influence of heat returns to them under the influence of a spark, and also under the influence of radium.
58. "The various reasons we have listed lead us to believe that the new radioactive substance contains a new element, which we propose to call radium."
59. "This means that we have here a completely separate kind of chemistry, for which at present we use an electrometer, and not a balance, and which we may well call the chemistry of the imponderable."
60. "A sensitive plate, an ionized gas, a fluorescent screen are actually receivers of another kind of energy, chemical energy, ionic energy ... light energy."
They say that the best sound in the world is a child's laughter, and many parents are sure to agree with this. Public figures, artists and many other famous personalities will once again remind you how special children are and that their opinions and feelings should be treated the same as the opinions and feelings of adults.
For inspiration: sayings about children and childhood
There are many quotes about children that constantly remind us of this. We have collected only a small part of the wise sayings about children and childhood.
Do you have a favorite quote about children that inspired your parenting style or helped you better understand child psychology? Please share with us in the comments below.
1. "Children see magic because they're looking for it." — Christopher Moore
2. “If you want your children to be smart, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be smarter, read them more fairy tales." - Albert Einstein
3. "The best thing to spend on children is your time." — Louise Hart
4. "A child can ask a thousand questions that even the wisest person cannot answer." — Jacob Abbott2. “If you want your children to be smart, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be smarter, read them more fairy tales." - Albert Einstein
5. “Teach your children not only to read. Also teach them to question what they read. Teach them to question everything." — George Carlin
6. "Anyone who does something to help a child is a hero to me." — Fred Rogers
7. "Make it a rule never to give a child a book that you yourself would not read." — George Bernard Shaw
8. “Teach your children that they are unique. That way they won't feel obligated to be like everyone else." — Cindy Cashman
9. “Sometimes the smallest things take up the most space in your heart.” — Alan Alexander Milne
10. “If you are a parent, open your child's doors to unfamiliar directions so they can explore. Don't be afraid of the unknown, support it." — Rajneesh
11. "Adults are just retarded kids." — Dr. Seuss
12. “Children have never been good at listening to their elders, but they never stopped imitating them.” — James Baldwin
13. “Adults follow the path. Children are exploring. — Neil Gaiman
14. "Give kids toys that are powered by their imagination, not batteries." — H. Jackson Brown
15. “A child is not a vase to be filled, but a fire to be lit.” — Francois Rabelais
16. "Only children believe they can do anything." - Paulo Coelho
17. "Children are the only courageous philosophers." — Evgeny Zamyatin
18. “Listen to the wishes of your children. Encourage them and then empower them to make their own decisions.” — Denis Waitley
19. “The only love I really believe in is a mother’s love for her children.” — Karl Leijerfeld
20. "A man is a man, no matter how small he may be." — Dr. Seuss
21. “Children need to be taught how to think, not what to think.” — Margaret Meade
22. “Only where children gather is there a real chance to have fun.” — Minion McLaughlin
23. “Virtually everything that honest truths say in the world is done by children.” — Oliver Wendell Holmes
24. “The game is often spoken of as if it were a relief from serious learning. But for children, play is serious learning. Play is really the work of childhood.” — Fred Rogers
25. "Always kiss your kids goodnight, even if they're already asleep." — H. Jackson Brown
26. “Children are not coloring books. You can't fill them with your favorite colors." — Khaled Hosseini
27. "All little girls need to be told they're pretty, even if they're not." - Marilyn Monroe
28. “Kids deserve the right to think they can change the world.” — Lois Lowry
29. “Children are mirrors, they reflect back to us everything we say and do.” — Pam Leo
30. "Parents can only give good advice or direct them on the right path, but the final formation of a person's character is in their own hands." — Anne Frank
31. “Even if people are still very young, they should not be prevented from saying what they think.” — Anne Frank
32. "To every child - I dream of a world where you can laugh, dance, sing, learn, live in peace and be happy." — Malala Yousafzai
33. “The way we talk to our children becomes their inner voice.” — Peggy O'Mara
34. "The Creator in you is a child set free." — Vince Goumon
35. “What is a home without children? Quiet". — Henry Youngman
36. "The secret of genius is to carry the spirit of a child into old age." — Aldous Huxley
37. “Watch what you say and do because little eyes are watching you.” — Reba McIntyre
38. “Children make you want to start life over.” — Muhammad Ali
39. “If you can only give your child one gift, let it be enthusiasm.” — Bruce Barton
40. “Children's games can hardly be called games. Children are never more serious than when they are playing." — Michel de Montaigne
41. “Every year you are a child, you become a different person.” — Alice Munro
42. "There is no light brighter than a child's smile." — Ian Semple
43. “You can learn a lot from children. Like how much patience you have. — Franklin P. Jones
44. “The best way to make children good is to make them happy.” — Oscar Wilde
45. “Don't worry about the kids never listening to you; worry that they are always watching you.” — Robert Fulgum
46. “I continue to believe that if kids are given the right tools to succeed, they will surpass their wildest dreams!” — David Witter
47. "Never help a child with a task at which he feels he can succeed." — Maria Montessori
48. “The real magic wand is the child’s own mind.” — Jose Ortega y Gasset
49. “Play gives children the opportunity to practice what they are learning.” — Mister Rogers
50. “Today our children are our reflection. Tomorrow they will be our shadows." — Marali McKee
51. "Children reinvent your world for you." — Susan Sarandon
52. “Kids need models, not critics.” — Joseph Joubert
Bruce Lee, the founder of the philosophy of hybrid martial arts, actor, director, philosopher, and one of the icons of the 20th century, was and remained a man of legend. Thanks to his skill, he helped bring East and West closer together, diluting the Hollywood film industry with the flair of Hong Kong martial arts films.
Lee's life was embarrassingly short - he died in 1973 at 32. But this talented person left behind a bright mark. Indeed, besides being a martial arts professional and a charismatic actor, he was also a deep thinker. As a martial artist, Bruce Lee spread his philosophy to his students, including director Roman Polanski, his wife Sharon Tate, and even Chuck Norris! Impressed?
Bruce Lee quotes
Then it's time to read the wise sayings of this great man, inspiring and at the same time encouraging you to change your outlook on many things, primarily on your attitude towards yourself.
1. "Mistakes are always forgivable if you have the courage to admit them."
2. "I am learning to understand, not immediately judge or be judged."
3. "Simplicity is the shortest distance between two points."
4. "I'm not afraid of the one who once worked 10,000 blows, but the one who worked one blow 10,000 times."
5. "The key to immortality is to first live a life worth remembering."
6. "If you love life, don't waste your time, because life is made up of time."
7. “When water is poured into a cup, it becomes a cup. When water is poured into a bottle, it becomes a bottle. If you pour it into a teapot, it becomes a teapot. Be water, my friend."
8. "Optimism is the belief that leads to success."
9. "It's not about what you give, it's about how you give it."
10. “If you think something is impossible, you will only make it impossible.”
11. "Those who do not realize that they are walking in darkness will never seek the light."
12. “A fight is not won with a single punch or kick. Either learn to be patient or hire a bodyguard."
13. "Only the self-sufficient stand alone - most people follow the crowd and imitate."
14. “Don't talk negatively about yourself, even jokingly. Your body doesn't know the difference. Words are energy and they do spells, that's why it's called spelling. Change the way you talk about yourself and you can change your life."
15. "Patience is not passive, on the contrary, it is a concentrated force."
16. “Take at least one specific step towards your goal every day.”
17. “Defeat is not defeat unless you accept it as a reality in your own mind.”
18. "The doubters said, 'Man can't fly,' the doers said, 'Maybe, but we'll try,' and finally took off in the morning glow, while the unbelievers watched from below."
19. “Don’t let negative thoughts enter your mind because they are weeds that stifle confidence.”
20. “My style? You can call it the art of fighting without a fight."
21. “If you want to learn how to swim, jump into the water. On land, no mood will help you.
22. “Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Desire is not enough, we must act.”
23. "The athlete who builds muscle through strength training must be sure that he is simultaneously working adequately on speed and flexibility."
24. “If you always limit your abilities, physical or otherwise, it will spread to the rest of your life.”
25. "The spirit of a man is determined by his dominant thought habits."
26. "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for strength to get through a difficult one."
27. "Concentration is the root of all higher human faculties."
28. “Memory is the only paradise from which we cannot be expelled. Pleasure is a flower that fades, memory is a lasting fragrance. Memories last longer than present reality. For many years I remember a tree at the time of flowering, but not its fruits.
29. “Running water never stagnates. So you have to keep flowing."
30. “Choose the positive. You have a choice, you are the master of your attitude, choose positive, constructive.
31. “Wasting time means spending it in a certain way. To waste time is to waste it thoughtlessly or carelessly.”
32. “The difference between an expert and a novice is that an expert takes every opportunity.”
33. "Note that the toughest wood is the easiest to break, while bamboo or willow survives by bending in the wind."
34. "If you don't want to stumble tomorrow, tell the truth today."
35. “Always be yourself, express yourself, believe in yourself, don’t look for a successful person and don’t duplicate it.”
36. “I am not in this world to meet your expectations, and you are not in this world to meet mine.”
37. “Love and respect. Without respect, love cannot last.”
38. "The teacher never gives the truth, he is a guide, a pointer to the truth, which each student must find for himself."
39. “Be self-aware, not a repetitive robot.”
40. “If you spend too much time thinking about something, you will never make it.”
41. “Owning something starts in the mind.”
42. "Real life is life for others."
43. "A hot temper will soon make a fool out of you."
44. “Only use what works and take it from wherever you can find it.”
45. “In order to taste my cup of water, you must first empty your cup.”
46. “Don't be afraid of failure. The crime is not failure, but low aim. In great endeavors, it is glorious even to fail.”
47. “The less confident we are, the less we touch ourselves and the world, the more we want to be in control.”
48. “It doesn’t matter that you were born a legend, but what really matters is the legendary ending. Think about it".
49. “A good fight should be like a little play, but played in earnest.”
50. “Knowledge will give you strength, and character will give you respect.”
51. “To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities.”
52. “Absorb what is useful, discard what is unnecessary, add what is specifically yours.”
53. "For it is easy to criticize and break the spirit of others, but it takes a lifetime to know oneself."
54. “Life's battles don't always go to whoever is stronger or faster. But sooner or later, the one who thinks he can wins.
55. "Simplicity is the key to greatness."
56. “Life is wide, limitless. There is no border, there is no frontier."
57. "You can never invite the wind, but you must leave the window open."
62. "Be happy, but never satisfied."
63. “Compliance will conquer everything that surpasses itself; her power is limitless."
64. “Obviously if your punch doesn’t start, his punch will land first and your defense is useless.”
65. "Do not correct the fool, otherwise he will hate you, correct the wise man, and he will appreciate you."
66. "The most dangerous person is the one who listens, thinks and watches."
67. “If you always put limits on everything you do, be it physical or otherwise, it will spread to your work and your life.”
68. “As you think, so you will become.”
69. “I’m happy because I’m growing every day and honestly I don’t know where the limit is.”
70. “Certainly, every day there can be some kind of revelation or new discovery.”
71. “I cherish the memory of past misfortunes. This added to my stamina even more.”
72. “Be like water breaking through cracks. Don't be pushy, but adapt to the object and you'll find a way around it or through it."
73. “We all have time that we can either put to good use or waste, and it's up to us to decide what to do with it. But once it has passed, it disappears forever.”
74. “Life itself is your teacher and you are in a constant state of learning.”
75. “Life is never stagnant. It is a constant movement, a non-rhythmic movement, like we are, because we are constantly changing. Things live by moving, and gain strength as they move.”
76. “The medicine for my suffering was in me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My illness came from within myself, but I did not notice it until this moment.
77. “Silence in silence is not real silence; only when there is stillness in movement does the universal rhythm appear.”
78. “There are no restrictions. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, then it kills you. A person must constantly exceed his level.
79. “Don’t stress, just be ready, don’t think but don’t dream either, don’t be set but be flexible.”
80. “It is a great mistake to foresee the outcome of a battle; one should not think about whether it will end in victory or defeat.”
81. “Let nature take its course and your tools will strike at just the right moment.”
82. “In the end, all knowledge simply means self-knowledge.”
83. "Learning never accumulates, it is a movement of knowledge that has neither beginning nor end."
84. “There is no shame in being knocked down by other people. It's important to ask when you're being knocked down: "Why am I being knocked down?" If a person can think like that, then he has hope.”
85. “Relaxation is a physical state, but it is controlled by the mental state. It is acquired by a conscious effort to control both thoughts and actions. It takes perception, practice, and a willingness to accustom the mind to new habits of thought and the body to new habits of action.”
86. “Life is a process, not an end; a means, but not an end; constant movement, not a steady pattern."
87. "Concentration is a form of exclusion, and where there is an exclusion, there is a thinker who excludes."
88. "The enemy of development is this phobia of pain - the unwillingness to suffer even a little."
89. "Masters in all areas of art must first of all be masters in life, for everything is created by the soul."
90. “The best fighter is not a boxer, karateka or judoka. The best fighter is the one who can adapt to any style. He hits too good for a boxer, throws too good for a Karate, and hits too good for a Judo.”
91. “Boasting is a foolish idea of fame.”
92. “A successful warrior is an ordinary person with a laser focus.”
93. “What you usually think has a lot to do with who you end up becoming.”
94. “As the great Sun Tzu said: “When you know yourself and your opponent, you will win every time. When you know yourself but don't know your opponent, you win once and lose once. However, when you don’t know yourself or your opponent, you will be in danger every time.”
95. “The meaning of life is to live it, not to be traded, conceptualized and forced into a system of patterns.”
96. "Long-term stability outweighs short-term intensity."
97. “Martial arts are based on understanding, hard work and a full understanding of skills. Strength training and the application of force are easy, but a complete understanding of all martial arts skills is very difficult to achieve.
98. “The basic quality of life is simply to live.”
99. "To be honest, not to lie to yourself - this, my friend, is very difficult."
100. “Love is like friendship on fire. In the beginning there is a flame, very beautiful, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes like coals, burning deep and unquenchable.”
The strength of a person's spirit and the will to win is based on courage - a trait that the most worthy have. This quality has always been necessary for people to win battles; it is essential for everyday life. And in our difficult times, we need courage more than ever.
Sayings and aphorisms on the theme of courage
Suppose your reserve of courage is a little depleted. In that case, it must be replenished immediately with the help of quotes and aphorisms of the great minds of humanity - writers, politicians, spiritual leaders, and educators. Read the selection of Bemorepanda and gain courage and perseverance!
1. "Without courage, there can be no truth, and without truth, there can be no other virtue." — Sir Walter Scott
2. “The madness of the brave is the wisdom of life!” - Maksim Gorky
3. “He who loses wealth loses a lot; he who loses a friend loses more; but he who loses courage loses everything.” - Miguel de Cervantes
4. "Courage does not lie in blindly not noticing danger, but in seeing and overcoming it." — Jean-Paul
5. “Courage is an excellent property of the soul; the people marked by him should be proud of themselves. – N. M. Karamzin
6. “All the brave love; for only those who have affections to fight for are brave.” — Nathaniel Hawthorne
7. "In life, it takes great courage to be human and maintain your dignity." – V. A. Zubkov
8. "Fortitude is the protection and support of other virtues." — John Locke
9. "Courage is cultivated day by day in stubborn resistance to difficulties." – N. A. Ostrovsky
10. "True courage is taciturn: it costs him so little to show himself that he considers heroism itself to be a duty, not a feat." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
11. “Conscience is the root of all true courage; if a man is brave, let him obey his conscience.” - James Freeman Clark 12. "Courage derives its gain from the cowardice of others." - Ya. B. Knyazhnin
13. "The best hearts are always the bravest." — Lawrence Stern
14. "Three main virtues of the leader: courage, mind, health of body and soul." – A. V. Suvorov
15. "Courage is the resistance to fear, the mastery of fear, not the absence of fear." - Mark Twain
16. "The difference between the brave and the coward is that the former, aware of the danger, do not feel fear, and the second feels fear, not conscious of the danger." – V. O. Klyuchevsky
17. "A man who has never been in danger cannot be held accountable for his courage." — Francois de La Rochefoucauld
18. "Courage usually goes along with gentleness of character, and a courageous person is more than others capable of generosity." – N. V. Shelgunov
19. “Life is a struggle, and to win a worthy victory in it, a person needs everyday courage.” – V. A. Zubkov
20. "Courage without discipline is closer to brutality than to masculinity." — Sir P. Sidney
21. “Not the one who climbs into danger without feeling fear is courageous, but the one who can suppress the strongest fear and think about danger without submitting to fear.” – K. D. Ushinsky
22. “Physical courage, which despises all danger, will make a man brave in one respect; moral courage, scorning all opinion, will make a man brave in another. The first, it would seem, is the most necessary for the camp; the second for advice, but both are necessary to become a great man. – Charles Caleb Colton
23. "Courage to defend the fatherland is a virtue, but courage in a robber is villainy." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
24. “There is a big difference between true courage and simple contempt for life.” - Cato, the Elder
25. “More than once, our great empire approached the brink of destruction, but it was not the wealth that did not exist, not the weapons with which we always limped, but the iron courage of her sons, who spared neither strength nor life, that saved her, if only Russia lived.” – M. O. Menshikov
26. “Courage is doing what you fear. You can't have courage if you're not scared." — Eddie Rickenbacker
27. "Wisdom is the courage of the spirit." – A. V. Lavrukhin
28. “To see what is right and not do it is a lack of courage.” – Confucius
29. "Neither an officer's uniform will make you brave, nor a priestly cassock - merciful, nor a judge's toga - just, nor a ministerial chair - strong if your soul does not abound with either courage, or compassion, or righteousness, or strength." - Nikolay Serbian
30. "No one can be brave if he considers pain the greatest evil of life." – Cicero
31. “Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! And do not despair of falling! Have patience and courage - restore strength, heal wounds, and know that fate will give you a chance! – Oleg Roy
32. "A real knight is more full of courage in the thick of battle than at the beginning of danger." — Sir P. Sidney
33. "To admit one's mistakes is the highest courage." – A. A. Bestuzhev-Mariinsky
34. "A huge amount of talent is lost in this world due to lack of courage." — Sydney Smith
35. "War is an area of danger; courage is the most important quality of war." – Carl Philipp Gottlieb von Clausewitz
36. "Courage must be guided by skill, and skill should be armed with courage." — Sir P. Sidney
37. “Qualities such as courage, truthfulness, and justice are acquired through development. Therefore, morality is an undoubted product of culture. – G. I. Chelpanov
38. “Courage based on the hope of reward, the fear of punishment, the experience of success, rage or ignorance of danger, is just ordinary courage, and it does not deserve this name. True courage presupposes a just end; measures the dangers and meets the result with calmness and unwavering determination.” — Francois de la Noue
39. "There are two main manifestations in courage: contempt for pain and contempt for death." - Marcus Tullius Cicero
40. “Courage is when a person does not let the fear of death rule his life.” – S. S. Govorukhin
41. “Courage is not a virtue or value among other personal values such as love or loyalty. It is the foundation that underlies all other virtues and personal values and makes them a reality. Without courage, our love turns pale and turns into a simple addiction. Without courage, our loyalty becomes conformity.” — Rollo May
42. “Courage makes a man greater than himself; for then he is himself plus his prowess.” — William R. Alger
43. "True courage consists in loving life, knowing the whole truth about it." – S. D. Dovlatov
44. "Courage is a lamp of adversity." — Luc de Clapier
45. "The discovery of the courage to rise above the vanity and dependence on suffering brings true satisfaction and freedom to the soul." – R. V. Share
46. “Remember now, when you meet your antagonist, do everything in a gentle, pleasant manner. May your courage be as sharp, but at the same time as polished as your sword.” – Richard Brinsley Sheridan
47. "God holds fast to the strong." — Giuseppe Mazzini
48. “Fearlessness is indispensable for the development of other noble qualities. Is it possible without the courage to seek the truth or carefully keep love? - Mahatma Gandhi
49. "In war, courage wins, not good weapons." - Miguel de Cervantes
50. "Dare to glorify the motherland with courage!" – M. V. Lomonosov
51. “He has not learned the lesson of life who does not overcome fear every day.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
52. “A person is loved mainly for two virtues: firstly, courage, secondly, fidelity.” - Gaius Lucilius
53. "There are three things that need to be affirmed in boys and young men - the duty of a man, the responsibility of a man, the dignity of a man." – V. A. Sukhomlinsky
54. "Courage does not consist in taking risks without fear, but in being resolutely disposed to a just cause." – Plutarch
55. “Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
Salvador Dali is a Spanish painter and sculptor, one of the outstanding representatives of surrealism. In addition to his iconic works (“The Persistence of Memory,” “Dream,” “Flaming Giraffe,” etc.), Dali is widely known for provocative statements and actions.
Sayings of an eccentric painter about success, life, and work
Below you will find 30 quotes from the genius artist that show how interesting his life was.
1. “A mind without ambition is like a bird without wings.”
2. “I don't paint portraits so that they look like the object of drawing - over time, people themselves begin to look like their portraits.
3. “Associating with people who have a mindset opposite to mine, as well as being close to them, interests me much more than with those who think about the same things as me.”
4. “The difference between false and real memories is like jewelry. Fake ones are always more realistic and beautiful."
5. “The public, like me, doesn’t need to know if I’m joking or serious.”
6. “Everything changed me, but nothing changed me.”
7. “There is only one difference between a madman and me: a madman thinks he is sane, but I know I am not sane.”
8. "Wars never hurt anyone except people who died"
9. “The secret of my inspiration is that it always remains a secret.”
10. “Drawing is the honesty of the art. The possibility of deception is excluded: either it is “good” or “bad.”
11. “Give me only two hours a day for work, and I will spend the remaining twenty-two in dreams and daydreams.”
12. “Surrealism is destructive. But he destroys only those constraints that limit our vision.
13. "He who does not want to imitate anyone will not create anything."
14. "It's important to spread confusion, not fix it."
15. “You have to create clutter – that releases creativity systematically. Everything is contradictory and creates life."
16. "Little things can happen."
17. “Since I don't smoke, I decided to wear a mustache - it's healthier that way; however, I always took with me an expensive cigarette case with the inscription "Faberge," where, instead of tobacco, several pairs of mustaches in the style of Adolphe Menjou were neatly folded. With all courtesy, I offered them to my friends: “Mustache? Mustache? Mustache?" But no one dared to touch them.”
18. “Mistakes are almost always divine. Never try to fix them. On the contrary: give them a reasonable explanation, and understand them as deeply as possible. And then you will have the opportunity to exalt them "
19. “Don't be afraid of perfection. Because you will never reach it.”
20. “An artist is not at all one who is full of inspiration. An artist is someone who knows how to inspire others.”
21. "The envy of other artists has always served me as a thermometer of my success."
22. “When I was six, I wanted to be a cook; at seven, I wanted to be Napoleon. And since then, my ambitions have only grown.”
23. “The clown is not me, but our cynical and insensitive society, playing seriousness so naively that it helps him to hide his madness in the best way.”
24. “Every morning, when I wake up, I experience the highest pleasure, which today opens before me for the first time: the joy of being Salvador Dali. And I admire myself; what other miracle will this Salvador Dali perform today?
25. "Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it."
26. "Don't bother about being modern. Unfortunately, it is the one thing that, whatever you do, cannot avoid."
27. "Everything alters me, but nothing changes me."
28. "It is either easy or impossible."
29. "It is important to spread confusion, not eliminate it."
30. "It is not important for the public to know whether I am joking or serious, just as I don't need to know myself."
Motivational sayings have a fantastic ability to change our attitude towards life. That is why they are so attractive and essential on our path to success. What you think about yourself, including beliefs and expectations about your abilities, determines everything that happens to you.
About life for a life: famous inspirational quotes that motivate
Man has complete control over only one thing in the universe - his thinking. By changing it, he changes the quality of his life - sometimes instantly. In the same way that kind words and well-timed humor can make someone smile, our thoughts react to the world in real-time.
This is where motivational quotes come in. When the world seems to be against you, let these wise words lift your spirits and inspire you to new achievements.
Give yourself a boost.
Sometimes we need extra motivation, and a few short words can go a long way in igniting the inner spark. If you're stuck in writer's block, some quotes from your favorite books can get you back on track. When you're trying unsuccessfully to get out of bed, some inspirational quotes will help you get through the morning. And when depression sets in, uplifting quotes will do the trick.
That's right; you don't need to read lengthy self-development books or motivational speeches. Brief words of wisdom will revive your spirit and give you a tiny push to take the next step forward. Are you looking for even more momentum after the craziness of 2022? Check out these inspirational quotes to help you start 2023 on the right note.
1. “Purpose is an integral part of everyone. This is the reason why we came to this planet at this moment in history.” – Chadwick Boseman
2. "Try to be a rainbow in other people's clouds" - Maya Angelou.
3. "No matter what you're going through, there's always light at the end of the tunnel" - Demi Lovato.
4. “The main thing is not to give up. Where there is love and inspiration, it is impossible to make a mistake.” – Ella Fitzgerald
5. "Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, "I'm possible!" - Audrey Hepburn (note: a play on words "impossible" - "I'm possible").
6. “Inspiration comes from within ourselves. You have to be positive. When you're positive, good things happen." - Deep Roy
7. “The most wasted day is the day without laughter.” – E. E. Cummings
8. “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese proverb.
9. “Every day, when you wake up, think: today I am lucky that I am alive, and I am not going to waste this precious gift,” the 14th Dalai Lama.
10. “Don't be afraid to give up the good for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
11. “I can deal with failure. Everyone fails at some point. But I can't accept that I'm not trying." - Michael Jordan
12. “Some people are looking for a beautiful place. Others themselves make the place beautiful.” – Hazrat Inayat Khan (“It is not the place that makes the man, but the man the place”).
13. "Difficult days make us stronger" - Eli Raisman.
14. "Let's build the future now, and tomorrow our dreams will come true" - Malala Yousafzai.
15. “If people doubt you, go so far that you can no longer hear them.” - Miguel Ruiz
16. “Never limit yourself because of the limited imagination of others, and never limit others because of your limited imagination.” – Mae Jemison.
17. “Darkness cannot drive away the darkness, only light can. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
18. “If you have good thoughts, they will shine on your face like the rays of the sun, and you will always look beautiful.” - Roald Dahl.
19. “A champion is not defined by his victories, but by how he recovers from a fall.” – Serena Williams
20. “Act as if what you are doing is undeniable. It matters.” – William James
21. “If you see someone without a smile, give him yours.” – Dolly Parton
22. “All we have to decide is what to do with the time allotted to us.” – J.R.R. Tolkien.
23. “The upward movement of any of us is progress for all.” – Octavia Spencer
24. “Every bad hit gets me closer to the next home run.” – Babe Ruth
25. “It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to apply it correctly.” – Rene Descartes
26. “You either win or you learn.” – John Maxwell
27. “Hope is a thing in feathers. It lives in my soul. Without words and despondency Always sings in me, ”- Emily Dickinson.
28. “I came to the goal not because I wanted and hoped, but because I worked hard.” - Estee Lauder.
29. “The only way to do a good job is to love what you do. If you haven't found one yet, keep looking. Don't calm down!" - Steve Jobs.
30. “Don’t let yesterday take up too much space in today.” – Will Rogers
31. “Anything is possible if you have the courage.” – J.K. Rowling.
32. “We only live once. But if you do it right, once is enough.” – Fred Allen
33. "Champions don't stop until they get what they want." - Billie Jean King
34. “Don't let people dim your brilliance because they are blinded. Encourage them to wear sunglasses.” – Lady Gaga
35. “A true friend is the one who comes when the rest of the world has gone.” – Walter Winchell
36. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, dedicated people can change the world. That's the only way it's always been." - Margaret Mead
37. “Success is when you fall nine times and get up ten times.” – Jon Bon Jovi
38. “If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of the war before her 18th birthday, then you certainly can get out of bed.” – Elizabeth Jean Carroll
39. “Don't waste a minute until you're happy. If one window closes, run to the next or break down the door.” - Brooke Shields
40. “The end of the world cannot come today, because tomorrow in Australia” - Charles M. Schultz.
41. “We are not allowed to choose how to die. Or when. We have to decide how to live. Currently.” – Joan Baez
42. “Happiness lies in the little things in life. If you don't look closely, it becomes invisible." - Joyce Brothers
43. “Never be afraid to laugh at yourself. After all, you miss the joke of the century.” — Dame Edna Everage
44. “There are only two ways to live your life. One - as if miracles do not happen. The other is that everything around is wonderful.” – Albert Einstein
45. “The limit is in your mind. As long as you can imagine something, you can do it.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
46. “I need to be myself. I'm not perfect, and I can make mistakes." - Laverne Cox
47. “Be grateful for what you have, and more will be given.” – Oprah Winfrey
48. “All dreams will come true if we dare to make them come true.” – Walt Disney
49. “We need to put ourselves higher on our to-do list.” - Michelle Obama.
50. “What you say no to is just as important as what you say yes to.” – Sandra Oh