57 fun facts from the world of music that only a select few know
Without music, our life would be dull and monotonous. Many of us start and end our day with it. After all, besides the fact that it helps us to get aesthetic pleasure, music also cheers us up and generally has a beneficial effect on our well-being.
Elvis Presley was told at the audition that he lacked talent.
But to learn more about music, it is not at all necessary to be a professional in this field. Because many musical facts will interest anyone.
And today, we at Bemorepanda are ready to share some exciting details with you.
1. British naval officers turn on the Britney Spears songs "Oops I Did It Again" and "Baby One More Time" to drive pirates off the east coast of Africa. Since African criminals have a strong dislike for Western music and culture, they try to get away from this place as soon as possible.
2. Singing has been scientifically proven to be soothing and uplifting. However, singing in a group is even more beneficial because it releases hormones like oxytocin that make you feel good and also lowers stress hormones like cortisol.
3. Jimi Hendrix had no musical education and taught himself to play the guitar. Throughout his career, he could not read music.
4. If you're hoping to build a career in music but can't read or write music, don't worry. If the Beatles could do it, so can you! In a 2018 interview, Paul McCartney admitted that both he and the rest of his bandmates were musically "illiterate" and lacking in music theory. Every tune they wrote simply "came to them from above," said the legendary musician.
5. French researchers have determined that the volume of music affects the amount of alcohol consumed. Namely, if you listen to loud music, you are more likely to drink more in less time. The researchers studied 40 men aged 18-25 who drank draft beer in bars by manipulating the sound volume and observing the behavior of their subjects. So, if you don't plan on drinking a lot at the party, it might be worth avoiding bars with loud music.
6. Finland is the country with the largest number of metal musicians. A Reddit user created a map based on data from the Metallum encyclopedia. With 42.6 metal bands per 100,000 inhabitants, Finland is indeed home to the largest number of metal bands in this genre.
7. Cows prefer slow music. A 2001 study at the University of Leicester found that when cows listen to slow, soothing songs, they produce 3% more milk. Cows need oxytocin to produce milk, so slow music helps them relax and increases oxytocin levels. On the other hand, cows remained indifferent to rap and techno music, showing no change in milk production.
8. One of the greatest musicians and composers of the Renaissance, Orlande de Lassus was kidnapped three times as a child. The reason for all three kidnappings was his beautiful singing voice.
9. Scottish Heriot-Watt University studied the personalities of more than 36,000 music lovers from different countries and found that the only difference between heavy metal and classical music lovers is their age. Other than that, they were pretty much the same, creative, at ease, and introverted.
10. There are so many stories around about people quitting their jobs to pursue the career in art they have dreamed of all their lives. However, the opposite also happens. James Lilja, the original drummer for the pop punk band The Offspring, left the band after three years. There were no conflicts with other members of the group, but Lilya wanted to go to medical school. He later became an obstetrician-gynecologist and gynecologist-oncologist.
11. Prince released his debut album For You at the age of 20. In the liner notes of the album, he is listed as the musician performing all the vocals, but in addition he played 27 musical instruments: electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synthesizer, electric piano, acoustic piano, etc.
12. It's hard to believe, but there are people who are completely indifferent to music. The University of Barcelona conducted a study in which 5 percent of participants reported that they did not experience any emotion or even the desire to tap their feet while listening to music. Otherwise, they were physically and psychologically healthy young people who enjoyed other things in life, but were not interested in music in any form.
13. Canada widely celebrated the 150th anniversary of the country. Part of the celebrations was a concert that lasted from March 17 to April 5, 2017, in which the musical group Epidemic participated. It was 453 hours 54 minutes and 40 seconds long and has been recognized as the longest multi-singer concert in the world.
14. In 1974, Elvis Presley approached Dolly Parton for the rights to record a cover of her hit I Will Always Love You. However, after his manager demanded half of all profits from the song, Parton refused to let Elvis record it.
15. In 2016, Mozart sold more CDs than Beyoncé, Adele and Drake. 2016 marks the 225th anniversary of Mozart's death, and to commemorate this event, Universal Music Group released a 200-disc box set featuring works by the great musician. The fact is that for statistical purposes, each disk was considered separately. But the box set was also a huge success and, despite a hefty price tag of over $600, was sold out almost immediately.
16. In 2013, Metallica played a concert for 120 scientists and competition winners at Carlini Station in Antarctica. The performance was held under a transparent dome. After that, the group received a new title in the Guinness Book of Records as the first musical group to perform on all seven continents. In fact, Metallica toured all seven continents in the same year.
17. Music helps increase physical performance, especially if you synchronize repetitive exercises with rhythm. This will not only help you train longer, but will also be more efficient. In one study, cyclists reported that they needed 7% less oxygen when they exercised to music than people who performed the same exercise with a random, unsynchronized background count. This shows that the temporal cues provided by music help you use your physical energy more effectively.
18. Before becoming famous, the members of Guns N' Roses had to earn their living doing some strange work. So, frontman Axl Rose and his co-founder and first rhythm guitarist Izzy Stradlin smoked cigarettes for a scientific study at the University of California, Los Angeles. According to some reports, they were making $8 an hour (or $19 in today's money).
19. The oldest piece of music in the world dates back to the 1st century AD and is called Seikilos Epitaph. You can find it on a tombstone in Turkey. Including both the score and a short text, it reads:
"While you live, shine / Do not be sad at all / Life exists only for a short time / And time takes its toll."
20. We find inspiration wherever we can. Even if your own cat walks on the keys of your instrument. This is exactly what Domenico Scarlatti observed before he had the idea of composing his fugue in G minor for harpsichord. He even named the work "Cat's Fugue" after the cat.
21. In 2014, scientists from the Museum of Science and Industry conducted an online test called "Hooked on Music." The test consisted of a thousand snippets of pop hits, from contemporary hits to hits from the 1940s. The 12,000 participants had to identify each song as quickly as possible. While the average time to identify most songs was 5 seconds, it took only about 2.3 seconds to guess the song Wannabe from the Spice Girls, making it the most memorable song of all time.
22. Astronaut Chris Hadfield became the first Canadian to go into space, but he also turned out to be a talented musician. He first went viral with his cover of David Bowie's "Space Oddity". During his 144-day stay on the International Space Station, Hadfield recorded 11 original songs. In 2015, he released them on an album titled Space Sessions: Songs for a Tin Can.
23. Everyone knows that music can affect our mood, but it turns out that it can also have a significant impact on our perception of the world. In a 2011 study at the University of Groningen, participants were asked to identify emojis while listening to music. If the faces matched the music, the participants identified them more accurately. And even when there were no emojis, participants felt like they were seeing a happy or sad face, depending on what music they were listening to at the time.
24. If you are into music or have received any form of music education, you are more likely to score higher on the SAT (Standardized Test for Admissions to Higher Education in the United States) or similar exams. Reports show that music students typically score 63 points higher in speaking and 44 points higher in math. They also tend to show a lot of self-confidence and are good team players and chimes, also known as tubular bells, was created by Simon Desorger. He used 120 aluminum tubes ranging in length from 473 mm to 4877 mm, tuned to suit musical scales.
26. Most musicians hate changing guitar strings. This is a tedious job that takes time and requires a lot of effort and a lot of patience. But instrument technician and record store owner Thomas Silkman set out to prove that this was not the case. On April 20, 2018, he set a world record by changing 226 strings in an hour. Interestingly, there was no special reason for this, he simply dreamed of setting a world record.
27. In the history of music, there are two days that are called "The Day the Music Died". The first occurred on February 3, 1959, when musicians Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, and Big Bopper died in a plane crash in Ohio. A few years later, in 1963, another plane crashed in Tennessee, killing Patsy Cline, Hawkshaw Hawkins, and Cowboy Copas on board.
28. Country music is strongly associated with the American countryside. But over time, this genre is becoming more and more popular all over the world. One example of this is the Indian singer Bal Kishore Das Loival, who goes by the name Bobby Cash. He built a career as a country music performer in Australia and in 2005 received recognition from the Country Music Association of Nashville, Tennessee.
29. The best-selling album of all time belongs to Michael Jackson. This is his sixth studio album Thriller, released in 1982. It is estimated that over 60 million copies have been sold worldwide.
30. Elvis Presley was a truck driver. However, in order to fulfill his dream of becoming a singer, he attended auditions whenever possible. During his first performance on stage at the Grand Ole Opry in Tennessee, talent manager Jim Denny told Elvis that he lacked talent and should go back to his previous job.
31. You often hear about free concerts that have attracted more than a million viewers, but these numbers are often exaggerated. However, Guinness World Records claims that the largest free concert in history was attended by an estimated 4.2 million people. It took place on Copacabana Beach in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and was organized to celebrate the New Year 1993. The stage performer was Rod Stewart.
32. The longest team drumming marathon in the world lasted 3 days, 8 hours and 2 minutes. Janelle Spaulding, Aaron Housego, Holly Jones, Ryan Murray and Lorraine Dorrington played from August 26 to 29, 2016, and their performance was broadcast live around the world.
33. There are two ways to read musical notes. In most Western countries they are known as do-re-mi-fa-sol-la-si. In some others, these names are replaced by the first seven letters of the alphabet. However, seven notes is not a full octave. An octave consists of eight notes, where the eighth is the same as the first. And if you count all the sharps and flats in between, you get 12 notes.
34. If you thought that the conductor has absolute power over his orchestra, you are not mistaken. As a rule, orchestras include instruments from each of the five instrumental groups. However, the conductor has the right to choose the instruments necessary for the performance of the musical program. Also in the 20th century, a new tradition was introduced, according to which it was allowed to use not only classical musical instruments in the orchestra. Nowadays, if the conductor sees fit, you can see an electric guitar, a synthesizer or any other modern instrument in the orchestra.
35. We know that music is good for our mood and general well-being, but researchers from the University of Pavia (Italy) have proven that it helps our heart physically. It causes physiological changes that regulate blood pressure, heart rate and respiratory function. And if a classical musical phrase lasts more than 10 seconds, it causes the heart rate and some other parts of the cardiovascular system to synchronize with the music. At the same time, research has shown that music elicits stronger physiological responses in musicians than in people without a musical education.
36. Most countries have military bands, but only one country has a military band larger than a real army, and that is Monaco. The country's military band consists of 85 people. At the same time, his army has 82 soldiers. This is understandable, since Monaco is a fairly small country, and the only time it put its army on alert was when the president of neighboring France threatened to cut off water and electricity supplies in 1962 unless income tax was imposed on Monaco residents.
37. Almost everything the Simpsons does becomes history, and so the show's creators decided, x. Rumors have since circulated that Michael Jackson was the ghost composer, which made sense since the artist was a big fan of The Simpsons; however, the producers continued to deny this. It wasn't until many years later that Matt Groening admitted that Jackson actually wrote the track, but this was kept secret as the King of Pop was legally prohibited from writing for an outside label.
38. The largest known performing rock group included 953 musicians. The concert, organized by the Beijing Academy of Contemporary Music on June 16, 2016, took place in Tianjin, China and included 349 singers, 154 guitarists, 151 drummers, 100 bassists, 100 keyboardists and 98 brass players.
39. Prior to the Renaissance, non-folk music was predominantly written and performed at church services. After the Middle Ages, the Renaissance placed more emphasis on humanism, allowing musicians to experiment with new instruments and styles. The music they composed became less religious and more secular. One of the greatest things that the Renaissance gave us was opera, which was created as an attempt to bring ancient Greek theater back to life.
40. In Japanese, “carappo” means “empty,” and “okesutura” is the Japanese pronunciation of the word “orchestra.” If you put these two words together, you get "karaoke", which translates as "empty orchestra".
41. The world's longest performance began in September 2001 and should end in 2640. Yes, 27th century! The action takes place in the church of St. Buchard in Germany, where an automatic organ plays as slowly as possible a piece by avant-garde composer John Cage. Visitors have to wait months to catch the chord change - that's how slow it is. Interestingly, the performance began even before the organ was completely completed - in 2008, several pipes were added, and this did not affect the music in any way.
42. The sea organ may sound like something straight out of The Little Mermaid, but it actually exists. After the devastation caused by World War II, the city of Zadar in Croatia underwent a major renovation. One of them was a concrete wall on the city coast. An interesting part of this wall is located under the large marble steps and is a set of pipes. When they hit the sea waves, they make musical sounds. Since its completion in 2005, the Zadar Sea Organ has become very popular with locals and tourists alike.
43. Even after so many years after the breakup of the Spice Girls, individual members are still referred to by their nicknames. But what is interesting, these nicknames were not invented by the girls themselves and not by any of the label's employees. At the beginning of their career, they were interviewed by the famous British teen magazine Top of the Pops, whose editor gave them nicknames. All five of them stuck and were later officially used by the band.
44. The highest price a musical instrument was sold for is $15.9 million. Of course, it was a Stradivarius violin, namely "Lady Blunt". It was sold in 2011 for four times the previous Stradivarius record. Industry experts say that Stradivari and Guarneri del Gesù violins yield around 10-12% per year.
45. It is well known that different areas of our brain are responsible for different aspects of life. However, in 2011, Finnish researchers showed in a groundbreaking study that different areas of the brain are involved in listening to music, including those that control motor actions, emotions, and creativity. This research helped them understand how the brain processes rhythm, pitch and timbre, also known as sound color, as well as other aspects of music, and how large the effect of music is.
46. The largest erhu ensemble gathered for a performance in Raoyang, China on October 19, 2019. 2024 participants played a traditional Chinese musical instrument similar to a violin for 5 minutes and 18 seconds.
47. On November 13, 2009, the Tom Lee Music Company gathered 6,131 musicians in Hong Kong for a concert that was to be given by the largest harmonica ensemble in history. The entire performance lasted 7 minutes and 25 seconds.
48. No one will be surprised by the fact that two people play at the same piano. What about 23 people? Students of the Isidor Bajic School of Music proved that this is possible on September 20, 2019, when they performed in Novi Sad (Serbia). The play they performed, called "Zora" ("dawn" in Serbian), was written by one of the graduates of the school especially for this event.
49. When Japanese pop group AKB48 started out, it only had 48 members, hence the name. However, over time, they decided that the more the better, the time of existence. This makes AKB48 the biggest pop group in the world.
50. The London Symphony Orchestra was supposed to travel to the US to perform aboard the infamous Titanic. However, due to reasons beyond their control, the entire orchestra had to board another ship in order to reach their destination in time.
51. A study of the word "jazz" showed that it is associated with the word "jasm", meaning "cheerfulness, energy" as early as 1860. The first recorded use of the word was not even associated with music. In an article in the Los Angeles Times in 1912, a minor league baseball pitcher called the pitch a "jazz ball" because "it wobbles and you just can't do anything about it."
52. Jazz ensembles differ in the number of performers and types of instruments, but the most basic of them is called the piano trio. Consisting of piano, bass and drums, it's just enough to perform and share the essence of jazz with your audience.
53. A professor at the University of Sydney conducted a study that examined the deaths of musicians between 1950 and June 2014. He compared life expectancy, and the proportion of suicides, homicides, and accidental deaths by sex and decade, with those of the general US population. The conclusion he came to was not particularly encouraging: on average, musicians live 25 years less than ordinary people.
54. Whoever told you that Elvis Presley, the king of rock and roll, is dead, don't believe them! He may not be with us physically, but today he continues to be the world's best-selling solo artist with over 1 billion sales worldwide. For a musician whose career peaked in the 50s and 60s, this is a huge achievement.
55. The word "orchestra" does not indicate a specific number of musicians. Chamber orchestras are usually small and include no more than fifty performers, which cannot be said about symphony and philharmonic orchestras - they often have more than eighty musicians. Depending on the program, even more than a hundred performers can be expected in one orchestra.
56. Italian composer Gioacchino Rossini is one of the most famous operatic authors in the history of music. Among his works is the opera "Tancredi", which includes the play "Di Tanti Palpiti". Rossini himself called it a "rice aria" because he composed the entire piece while waiting for a dish of rice to be cooked.
57. On October 15, 2017, David Stanley and The Music Man Project brought together 1,521 triangle players to perform together at the Music is Magic concert in London. This ensemble went down in history as the largest ensemble of triangles.
50 weird facts that will simply blow your mind - You won't believe they're true
If you're sitting at home bored, why not use your downtime to expand your brain? Better yet, blow your mind. They say truth is stranger than fiction, and it never seems more accurate than when you read the facts. Did you know Abraham Lincoln was a champion wrestler and licensed bartender? How about the fact that bees flap their wings 230 times per second?
If you need even more proof of this, we have a day full of mind-blowing information. So, once you're done learning about these weird (but actual!) facts, check out our pages on exciting facts, scary facts, psychology facts, useless facts, fun facts, and well-known facts.
Regardless of whether you are young or already old, in this world, there were, are, and will be things and phenomena that you did not even suspect existed. Well, it's impossible to know everything.
Strange facts about animals
1. One species of jellyfish, Turritopsis dohrnii, is immortal. In response to physical damage or any other injury, they may return in the course of their development to the polyp.
2. Snails have been known to sleep for three years if the weather is not humid enough to meet their needs.
3. Bees flap their wings 230 times per second.
4. A panda cub is smaller than a mouse at birth and weighs only four ounces.
5. Horses and cows can sleep standing up, but they can only dream when they lie down.
6. Koala fingerprints are almost indistinguishable from humans" - so they can ruin crime scenes!
7. Think your stomach is growling? Ghost crabs growl, burrowing their teeth into their stomachs.
8. The narwhal tusk is an inside-out tooth.
9. Whales in the Caribbean have a different accent than other whales in the ocean.
10. Glow in the dark sharks is a thing! A wavy shark that lives 1,700 feet below the ocean's surface emits a fluorescent glow. Only other wavy sharks usually see it. Scientists have developed a way to detect this glow using filters.
Other strange but interesting facts
11. The stage before frostbite is known as frostbite.
12. People who suffer from boanthropy believe that they are cows and will try to live their lives like cows.
13. Every continent except Antarctica has at least one McDonald's.
14. A duel between three people is called a truel.
15. Baked beans don't bake. They are stewed.
16. Sunsets on Mars are blue.
17. If you start in Argentina, you could theoretically dig a hole into China.
18. MySpace still receives over eight million monthly visitors.
19. Now obsolete, hydromancy was divination that involved seeing cheese to predict the future.
20. There are more LEGO Minifigures on Earth than real people.
21. Spider web was used as a bandage in ancient times.
22. A quarter of all your bones are in your feet.
23. A cloud can weigh over a million pounds.
24. The average person will spend six months waiting for the red light to turn green.
25. President Lyndon B. Johnson had a water surf machine.
26. Dolphins may seem carefree, but they sleep with one eye open.
27. Alfred Hitchcock was an homophobe, meaning he was afraid of eggs. Here's what the godfather of the horror genre said about them during an interview in 1963: I'm so scared of eggs, even more than I'm afraid; they anger me. This white round thing with no holes, and there is a yellow thing inside without a spot when you break it. The blood is cheerful, red. But the egg yolk is yellow, disgusting. I've never tried.
28. There is a company that turns corpses into ocean reefs. The company is called Eternal Reefs.
29. The world's most enormous padlock weighs 916 pounds.
Strange historical facts
30. In 300 BC, The Maya worshiped turkeys as vessels of the gods.
31. At the Olympic Games, medals were given out in the arts and the humanities. One hundred fifty-one medals were awarded for architecture, literature, painting, etc.
32. What fork? This sharp utensil was once considered blasphemous because it was considered an artificial hand.
33. Cleopatra was not an Egyptian. Really! Historians traced the origin of the famous ruler to the Macedonian commander Alexander the Great Ptolemy. So while she was an Egyptian queen, she was Greek.
34. No fan? You would love Pope Gregory IV. In the 13th century, he declared war on cats because he considered them tools of Satan.
35. Ketchup did not become a popular condiment until the late 19th century. Before that, it was sold as a cure for indigestion.
36. Before becoming president, Abraham Lincoln was an elite wrestling champion. In 300 matches, he lost only one. Bonus fact: He was also a licensed bartender.
37. Speaking of former presidents who enjoyed their spirits, George Washington opened a whiskey distillery after his tenure.
38. Some of the most famous cowboys in history didn't wear cowboy hats in real life (as is often portrayed in movies). Instead, icons like Wyatt Earp and Billy, the Kid wore bowler hats.
39. A Great Dane named Giuliana peed on a firebomb during World War II, for which he received a Blue Cross medal!
Strange Facts about the human body
40. While their exact purpose is unknown, scientists suspect that yawning may help regulate body temperature.
41. Let's talk about making a splash! In your lifetime, you will produce enough saliva to fill two pools.
42. The human tongue - like a finger - has a unique imprint.
43. Nose knows. He can remember 50,000 different scents.
44. The eye's cornea is the only part of the body that does not have a blood supply. Instead, it obtains oxygen directly from the air.
45. When it took you to read this sentence, about 50,000 cells in your body have died and been replaced by new ones.
46. When you blush, the lining of your belly also turns red.
47. Teeth are the only part of the human body that cannot heal itself.
48. The surface area of both lungs is about the same as that of a tennis court.
49. By the age of 60, most people have lost half of their taste buds.
50. People may get goosebumps.
50 interesting facts about Beyonce that you need to know
The world-famous singer Beyoncé is the idol of many fans.
Many are interested in the details of the personal and professional life of the singer. Therefore we will lift the veil of secrecy by telling these exciting facts about the famous R'n'B performer.
Date of birth September 4, 1981. Place of birth, Texas, USA.
Parents named the girl Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter (Eng. Beyoncé Giselle Knowles-Carter).
The girl received such an exotic name from her mother, or rather, this is a derivative name from her last name before marriage.
Among her ancestors are the peoples of Africa, America, and the inhabitants of the former French colonies. On the maternal side, the singer is a descendant of Joseph Broussard.
The mother of the star girl is a hairdresser and stylist, Tina Beyoncé, and her father, Matthew Knowles, is engaged in document management.
4. Beyoncé's voice
The timbre of the singer's voice has a mezzo-soprano classification. Vocal capabilities demonstrate a 3.5-octave range.
Among her many nicknames, the most popular are Bey, B, Queen B, and pop princess.
6. The first signs of talent
Little Beyoncé discovered her talent for singing at the age of 8. She effectively finished the song with the teacher at a dance lesson, powerfully and confidently taking the highest notes.
7. The beginning of a stellar career
Early in her career, Beyoncé, her classmate Kelly Rowland, and three other girls formed a teenage pop group that auditioned under Girl's Tyme.
Produced by Arne Frager. Focusing on the young age of the participants, he was convinced of the success of black girls performing rap.
In the process of performing in the talent show Star Search, the number was a failure due to an insufficiently developed song. Young Beyoncé survived a hard blow.
Her father advised reducing the number of participants and starting rehearsing in a specialized vocal camp.
The group's name changed several times: after Girl's Tyme, they were Something Fresh, Cliche, and the Dolls. By 1995, the recording resource Electra Records appeared on its way; the terms of cooperation included the requirement to change the name of the group of performers. So young stars turned into Destiny. But before work began, the contract was terminated by Elektra.
Beyoncé's father was forced to leave other projects to come to grips with producing. The group was renamed again - Destiny's Child.
As a result, the girls signed a cooperation contract with Columbia Records. By 1997, the song Killing Time was released and included in the action movie Men in Black soundtrack. Thus began the significant era of Beyoncé's career growth.
8. Destiny's child breakup
In 2000, Destiny's child team members decided to release a solo album.
In 2003, Beyoncé's solo album "Dangerously in Love" became four times platinum based on sales and received 5 Grammy statuettes. The most notable songs on the album are "Crazy In Love," a duet with rapper Jay-Z that topped the Billboard Hot 100 for two months, and "Signs," featuring Missy Elliott.
Destiny's child did not perform together for three years, but there was no official information about the breakup. At the end of 2004, the girls even got together again and released the album Destiny Fulfilled, but it was no longer as popular as the band's previous work. At the same time, the album became best-selling in 2005.
In 2005, the band went on tour to support the album, and during a concert in Barcelona, the girls announced that the band was breaking up.
In 2006, after the group's breakup, she received her star on the Walk of Fame as the best-selling girl group of all time.
The singer suffered from severe depression for almost two years when Destiny's child group fell apart. But she hid it since the group received a prestigious award, and this fact would not have been paid attention to anyway.
9. The beginning of a solo career
The debut album, with which she launched a solo career after the group's breakup, Dangerously in Love, brought the singer 5 Grammy awards.
10. New stage look
In 2003, a stage image was created for the singer - Sasha Fiers, which was supposed to help her suppress shyness on stage, and in 2010 the singer stated that she did not need an alter ego to feel relaxed during performances.
A distinctive feature of the image of Sasha Fiers was the "robotic glove" - with her Beyoncé first appearing on the MTV EMA-2008.
Later, Sasha Firs became the heroine of a clothing line that emphasizes the individuality of the singer's image and conveys this spirit to all her fans.
11. First solo tour
The singer's first tour as a solo artist took place in 2004.
12. Joint album with Shakira
In 2006, after the song's success, translated into Spanish by Irreplaceable, the singer decided to translate the entire album B'Day, which she worked on with Shakira.
In 2007, she became the first artist to be awarded the International Artist Award, which is presented as part of the American Music Awards.
In 2010, the singer became a record holder, receiving 6 Grammy awards in one evening.
Speaking of Grammy Awards, Beyoncé has the most extensive Grammy collection with 24.
The singer's album "visual" Lemonade, an hour-long film, made a splash in the press, many discussions, comments, and a lot of criticism. But at the same time, it became the best-selling album, a record holder that broke all previous sales records in the first 27 hours of release.
15. Filmography of Beyoncé
The career debut of the film actress was the hip-hopper Carmen, where the singer played the leading role.
In 2002, Beyonce played a minor role in the third part of Austin Powers - Goldmember. She played Foxy Cleopatra.
The singer performed as the talented jazz vocalist in the film “Fighting the Temptations.” This is a comedy on the music theme, where the singer looked very organic.
In 2004, Jay-Z made a film about Beyoncé, with her in the lead role - “Fade to Black.”
2006 is rich in films. The singer became a member of two movies - "Dream Girls," where she got the role of prima, and "The Pink Panther" (the character of Zanya).
The television project "My Night at the Grammys" is based on an autobiographical excerpt from the life of a star with her participation in the title role.
In 2009, the singer was entrusted with the leading role in the dramatic film Obsession.
Beyoncé portrayed herself in the story-biography "Life is like a dream." This film uses parts from the family video archive about the singer's childhood and moments about how she prepares for each performance, reading a prayer.
The character Shine sang in her voice in the TV series Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! And voiced the character of Tara in the cartoon Epic.
In 2019, The Lion King was released, and Beyoncé voiced Nala.
16. Beyoncé now
Currently, Bea and her husband present the show as a duo called The Carters. Her solo albums have received a Grammy Award for Best R&B Album. They are reflected in the leading column of the national music chart.
The singer's last album was Everything Is Love (2018) with Jay-Z).
17. All studio albums
Dangerously in Love (2003)
I Am… Sasha Fierce (2008)
Everything Is Love (2018, with Jay-Z)
18. Best songs
- Beautiful Liar
- Runnin' (Lose It All)
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)
- Mi Gente
- Crazy In Love
- BLACK PARADE
- Perfect Duet
- Savage Remix
- If I Were a Boy
- Sweet dreams
- Run the World (Girls)
19. Failed the first relationship
Parting with a guy at the age of 19, with whom she maintained a relationship for several years before the break, led to a two-year depression in the singer.
20. Beyoncé and Jay-Z
For a long time, she hid her relationship with her future husband, rapper Jay-Z.
The couple officially sealed their relationship on April 4, 2008. The general public learned about the marriage of the rapper and pop diva only three weeks later; Beyoncé did not even put on a ring before the event at which the couple revealed the truth.
At the end of August 2011, at the MTV Music Awards, the expectant mother announced her interesting position, effectively demonstrating her already prominent tummy.
This message got into the Guinness Book of Records for the number of reposts and the speed of distribution on Twitter.
On Christmas Eve 2012, Beyoncé and Jay-Z welcomed their daughter, Blue Ivy Carter.
There is a sad moment in the life of the eminent couple, which they told about much later than the incident itself. The singer survived a miscarriage, which prompted her to help women suffering from infertility or having difficulty conceiving.
Two days after the birth, the baby became the charts star. The young dad included a recording of the first cry of a newborn in his composition “Glory,” dedicated to the birth of his daughter.
Wanting to keep the moment of Blue Ivy's birth a secret, the expectant mother applied under an assumed name to a New York clinic.
In early February of this year, an official statement appeared in the media that the singer was pregnant again. This time the couple was expecting twins.
22. Danger during the second birth
During the second birth, the singer became a mother of many children. A son and a daughter were born. Only a year later, Beyoncé decided to reveal the details of the circumstances. As it turned out, the second birth was complicated and almost cost her her life: an emergency cesarean section was performed. During the operation, her internal organs were moved and even removed, which not everyone can survive.
On the kids' birthday, the woman weighed about 100 kilograms, had terrible tissue edema, suffered from toxicosis, and was on bed rest. Complications forced her to stay in the hospital for several weeks in intensive care with care for premature babies. The husband gave her maximum support, for which the star remained grateful to him from the bottom of his heart.
During the recovery period, Beyoncé admitted that she was in a state far from perfect, but this did not bother her at all. As she put it, each life period has its tasks. She is not ready to go to the gym at a time when her body is so much in need of rest. The star is happy that she has the opportunity to take care of her children. Later, the singer quickly found an excellent physical shape and set to work.
23. Cheating Jay Z
In 2015, Jay Z cheated on his wife, and the couple went through difficult times, being on the verge of a divorce. The heroine's feelings poured out in the creation of the album "Lemonade," where almost every song was dedicated to the theme of infidelity and pain. The rapper referred to a difficult childhood and forced closeness, expressed under challenging relationships with women, particularly in treason ... Creativity helped get out of the problem. The couple managed to gain strength and take a fresh look at their relationship.
Currently, the spouses pay enough attention to each other and their children. As Jay Z admitted in an interview, they made a joint effort, looking pain in the face, to avoid the standard exit, namely divorce.
24. Deleted photo
The most "spectacular" photo-toad occurred with the singer's performance at the Super Bowl (2013). It was called "remote from the Internet." So there was a legend about the image seized from the network through the court. In reality, Beyoncé's publicist requested BuzzFeed asking them to remove the not-too-flattering photos from the web. Thus, her letter riveted the public's attention to the pictures, making them legendary.
Instead of complying with the request, the BuzzFeed editors published these pictures in a separate article with specific caustic comments about the PR woman not wanting to put them on public display. They supplemented the paper with a screenshot of the email. Photo-toads have spread through forums, imageboards, and social networks.
A little later, a Photoshop battle of the author's creation was released on behalf of Deadspin, after which the images topped the list of memes. Five of the seven shots have been removed from Getty Images. But they remained in the original BuzzFeed notes. In the future, publications such as Pikabu, YaPlakal, and JoyReactor periodically summed up "the lawyer's actions to remove the singer's photo," taking the opportunity to remind him again, which was ironic.
25. Rivalry between Beyoncé and Rihanna
It is difficult to say which of the two singers is more successful because each is talented and unique. Both artists have crowds of fans; their super attractiveness distinguishes them. According to some rumors, the singers cannot share something among themselves. Beyoncé suspects Rihanna has a very ambiguous relationship with her husband, Jay Z.
She extracts confirmation of this, in particular, from the lines of songs that allegedly mention the role of a rival in the life of a spouse. As it became known, Rihanna tried to convince the representatives of Roc Nation that she deserved a higher income. The question arises, what exactly is the rivalry of two talented stars: in welfare or recognition from a man?
26. Style and images
The " mermaid " silhouette suits the singer very well, drawing attention to her distinctive forms and magnificent hairstyle. Bodycon midi dresses - models on which the star emphasizes, as well as fitted and flared at knee level, look highly advantageous. Variegated, dark, metallic colors and the most unexpected combinations of shades suit the mulatto woman with her characteristics. She wore bright loose-fitting outfits during pregnancy and did not stop at the mini, even with weight gain.
Often, star bows cause frank controversy, which is more often about the combination of fabric textures: for example, lace, nude, fur, or fringe at the same time. The "gypsy" style is considered unsuccessful by critics: open shoulders, a long dress train, elbow-length gloves, and fabric boots - all in black and yellow.
Extravagance, and brightness, born of a creative impulse and charisma, are emphasized by the singer's dozens and hundreds of wigs, acquired throughout her performances and appearances in public. Their total cost is about a million dollars. Femininity, cheerfulness, and sexuality are the hallmarks of Bee's image, expressed in bold, large prints and colorful accessories.
27. In the style of Jennifer Lopez
The images of Beyoncé are often borrowed from Jennifer Lopez, as evidenced by the multiple coincidences of the outfits of both stars, photographed during celebrations and public appearances. The fact that B appears in similar businesses after J. Lo makes her a "follower." Viewers can track down specific dates when the style or design of the dress was precisely duplicated by Beyoncé, albeit at a decent interval - from a month to several years.
This was seen in the most varied but striking pieces, for example, a sheer long dress with lace, a dark sequined jumpsuit, a dress made of crystals, a sheath dress, and many other outfits combined with hair, and makeup, accessories borrowed from J. Lo.
28. Beauty and plastic
The attractiveness of Beyonce's body is due to the balanced ratio of volumes: with a height of 169 cm and a weight of 59 kg, the circumference of the chest, waist, and hips are 89, 66, and 102 cm, respectively.
On account of the singer are rhinoplasty, mammoplasty, liposuction, and skin whitening. The operation to correct the nose in 2004 allowed the artist to get rid of breathing problems. The nose began to look more elegant, while the face retained its individuality.
Beyoncé's lips have also been reduced, as a result of which they have become more defined, and the face as a whole has become more aristocratic. There is an assumption that in 2002 the singer's chest was enlarged with silicone implants, but it is possible that the star only corrected.
Compared to previous photos, the chest outlines have more bulges and roundness. Beyoncé's hips are only speculation. The buttocks look exceptionally natural, and if it were not for the silicone liners accidentally noticed by reporters at one of the performances, there would be no doubt at all.
The singer is making serious efforts to maintain fit forms. She struggles with impaired metabolism, goes in for fitness, and sits on diets. But some pictures clearly show the residual effects of liposuction - uneven areas in its relief.
29. Bite on the face of the singer
Not so long ago, it became known who bit Beyonce's face. The attacker turned out to be actress Sena Lathan. The incident happened at a party in Los Angeles in 2019. Before this, Tiffany Haddish revealed only some details of the conflict between the two celebrities, keeping silent about the second heroine. After the unpleasant facts surfaced, Father Lathan expressed fear that his daughter's career would decline due to publicity.
Others are sure that any rumors are only for the benefit of Latan's popularity. It all started with Sena flirting with Jay Z, after which Beyoncé told her everything she thought about her. Sena retaliated by biting the singer. According to Beyoncé, the actress was influenced by drugs and alcohol.
He is an active member of charitable organizations. Among them are those who are engaged in targeted assistance in the fight against infertility, general-purpose funds, and service to women in difficult life situations.
In 2012, the singer became an ambassador for the World Day of Aid campaign; on this occasion, a video was shot where she called for sympathy and charity. Help those in need whenever possible.
31. Creation of a perfume brand
Under the name Beyonce, a US perfume brand operates, which was launched after the conclusion of a contract with a celebrity. When creating a product under a well-known character from the sphere of arts, sports, and politics, an agreement of this kind is practiced. Coty Corporation copyrights the perfume brand. The Beyonce brand, since 2010, has been offering perfume connoisseurs over ten types of fragrances, distinguished by the classification and originality of compositions.
Most of the products made under the legendary name have acquired the status of bestsellers and received the highest rating from consumers. The Beyonce design house has collaborated with well-known contemporary perfumers, including Claude Dir, Olivier Guillotin, Carlos Vinels, Bruno Jovanovic, and others. Thanks to them, the commercial success of the brand has taken place. Top selling fragrances are Heat Kissed, Heat Seduction, Heat Ultimate Elixir, Heat Wild Orchid, Midnight Heat, Pulse NYC, etc.
32. Beyoncé in commercials
In the list of her advertising activities, multi-million dollar contracts with Pepsi, Loreal, and American Express.
33. Favorite number
The favorite number of the famous pop diva is 4. Her mother's birthday is the 4th; she got married on the 4th, and her and her husband's birthdays also fall on the 4th. Singers - September 4, husband - December 4.
She loves light makeup, which consists only of touching up the eyelashes with mascara. In this way, she rests from the abundance of cosmetics and makeup at work.
35. Financial well-being of the family
Beyoncé, at the age 36, took first place in the Forbes income ranking. Her earnings in 2017 amounted to $105 million. Once again, the title of the queen of pop music, one of the three highest paid singers in the world, and a woman who earns more than others in the musical field, was confirmed.
Together with her husband, Jay Z, the singer records music and makes world tours. Before the birth of their children, she released the Lemonade album and attended the Formation tour, after which she went on a well-deserved rest with peace of mind. A significant part of the income is made up of advertising contracts. About 120 million people have subscribed to the star. Each post brings her about 700 thousand dollars. Brands with which the singer has established cooperation: Armani, L'Oreal, Pepsi, Tommy Hilfiger, etc.
The singer's assets amount to 350 million dollars. Her husband, Jay-Z, is $1 billion.
36. Recognition from a sports magazine
Sports Illustrated's published a photo of Beyoncé on the cover of their summer issue in 2007. This fact is noteworthy in that this is the first and only photograph of a non-athlete and non-professional model that graced the cover of this magazine.
37. Beyoncé is one of the most hated stars of our time due to her complex nature.
38. The wax figure of the singer in London's Madame Tussauds cost $ 80,000, and the artist herself had to pose for the exhibit for more than 3 hours.
39. At school, the girl disliked history and mathematics.
40. In 2006, the celebrity presented the Diamond Award to Michael Jackson at the World Music Awards.
41. The star loves chicken legs, but she doesn’t know how to cook at all.
42. Bee received an unprecedented honor at the Oscar ceremony in 2005, performing 3 of her hits at once.
43. Barbie dolls were made for Destiny's Child - copies of the group members.
44. A celebrity wears wigs, but lately, at official events, he often appears with natural hair.
45. Beyonce's phrase "tired of being sexy" is the basis for the name of the Portuguese group Cansei de ser Sexy.
46. In 2007, for the first time in the history of Sports Illustrated magazine, a singer and not a supermodel appeared on the cover.
47. The singer has a hobby - drawing, but she does not plan to put her work on display.
48. Favorite show of the singer and actress - Jersey Shore (Beach).
49. She loves the movie A Star Is Born; it's her favorite movie.
50. Beyoncé considers actress and supermodel Kate Moss the style standard.
51. In her free time, she likes to spend time at home watching TV or watching the Brooklyn Nets game in the stadium in the front row with her husband.
52. People magazine declared her the most beautiful woman in the world in 2010.
53. From the real estate has a condominium in Miami and a house in the capital of Great Britain, London.
54. At a young age, the talented singer won a vocal competition with John Lennon's "Imagine."
55. Beyoncé's mother helps and supports her talented daughter from the beginning of her career. She designed the wardrobe for the young Destiny's child.
56. The design house Dereon was named after her grandmother.
20 curious facts that will tell you something new and make you a little smarter
There are so many fascinating things in the world to learn, and even more to remember, all this is simply unrealistic. Therefore, it is best to learn a little bit of everything, choosing only the most interesting from it. Today we hope to become a source of insight for you by presenting a collection of 20 fascinating facts about a wide variety of things. Educate yourself, have fun and get smarter 💗
The modern air conditioner was invented by Willis Carrier not for the comfort of people, but to control temperature and combat damaging humidity in the printing
house.The actual first apparatus was invented on July 17, 1902 in Buffalo, New York, USA, when Carrier created the first air conditioner for the Brooklyn printing house. The inventor received a patent for the air conditioner on January 2, 1906. The very first air conditioner designed to cool people's homes was installed in 1914 by the design of Willis Carrier in Minneapolis.
Rolling Stones bassist Bill Wyman began dating his second wife Mandy Smith when she was 13 and he was 47. They were married for 2 years and divorced in 1993. In the same year, Wyman's 30-year-old son from his first marriage married his mother Mandy Smith, who at that time was 46 years old
Wyman's son actually married his step-grandmother. After that, he seemed to become his own grandfather 🎪
There has been no Soviet Union for 30 years, but the USSR still holds the record for the number of Olympic gold medals in wrestling
In the medal table of the Soviet Union from 1896 to 2020: 62 gold medals, 31 silver medals and 23 bronze medals, total 116 🥇🥈🥉
Immediately behind the USSR is the United States, they have over the same period: 60 gold, 47 silver and 44 bronze medals.
A Spanish civil servant did not show up to work for 6 years, and this only came to light when his superiors decided to present him with a seniority award.In
Italy, there was a similar case where a public hospital employee did not go to work for 15 years after transferred from one hospital to another in 2005. He reportedly received a total of 538,000 euros over the years of his "work" 👨⚕️
After the plague epidemic in Europe, there was a severe shortage of workers who, therefore, were able to demand higher wages. By some estimates, the wages of the average worker have increased by 50%.
Labor shortages have been observed since 1348. Of course, the rise of salary was not easy, since the feudal lords did their best to keep the workers and peasants in check, limiting their movements and passing other laws. But with the help of the uprisings, they were able to get their way.
The chemical reaction in glow sticks was discovered by Dr. Edwin Chandross in 1962, but he had no idea that his “chemiluminescent” invention was hugely popular at raves and music festivals until an interview with Vice in 2013.
He said, “Is this really so? Perhaps now my granddaughter will think that I am cool ” 🎆
Astronauts need to sleep near ventilation, otherwise, due to weightlessness, carbon dioxide from their own lungs forms a bubble around their
heads.As reported, astronauts almost always feel nasal congestion, since due to weightlessness, the natural leakage of mucus from the nasal cavities does not occur 👃
Albert Spazhyari, a bank robber from France, prepared a fake, encrypted document, allegedly proving his alibi. While the judge was distracted by decryption, Spazhyari jumped out of the window, landed safely on the roof of a parked car and disappeared from his seat on a waiting motorcycle. No one saw him
again.Some sources say that later the car owner received a check for 5,000 francs in the mail for damage to the roof 💰
Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web in 1989. He was frustrated by the fact that he had to go to his colleagues and ask what data was on their computer so that he could add it to his computer.
For the invention of the World Wide Web, we have to thank laziness and frustration.
According to the Geneva Convention, an ejected pilot in the air is not a participant in hostilities, so an attack on him is a war crime
Not only does the pilot lose the ability to attack, moreover, having landed on enemy territory, he will presumably become a prisoner of war. Shooting at paratroopers descending by parachute is not prohibited 🪂
In the original script the finale of the film "Pretty Woman" (1990) character Richard Gere had to throw Julia Roberts from his limousine in a dirty alley and throw her an envelope with $ 3,000
Once the main character Vivian (Julia Roberts) had to throw on Hollywood Boulevard, she had to throw an envelope into a leaving car. The envelope should have been torn, and the money should have disappeared in a ditch 💸
The study showed that 94% of Brits said that they talked about the weather in the last six hours, and 38% said that they had discussed it in the last 60 minutes,
which means that at any time in the UK a third of the population, or talking about the weather, or already did it, or is going to do it ☔
In 2012, a Briton named Wesley Carrington bought a metal detector and within 20 minutes found Roman-era gold worth £ 100,000 (at the time of writing, £ 10,125,345), a
34-year-old car salesman walked into a local store where he bought the cheapest metal detector for beginners. He immediately went to the local forest to try out his new toy. He immediately found a spoon and a halfpenny, but then the apparatus began to emit a loud sound signal, making it clear that there was something large and metallic under the ground 🧐
When Muhammad Ali lost the fight to Larry Holmes in 1980, 14-year-old teenager Mike Tyson, who was already a promising boxer, spoke to Ali on the phone, promising to avenge the defeat.He
fulfilled his promise seven years later, knocking Holmes out in just four rounds. Later, Tyson called this a highlight of his career. During the battle, Muhammad Ali was in the hall watching Holmes' defeat 🥊
Corporation McDonald's quietly abandoned its legendary mascot clown Ronald McDonald after the 2016 network filled rolls with cruel jokes from prankerov dressed as clowns, in which they scared people
In 2016, the real trend started in the network, in which prankery in clown costumes scared people in different ways, filming it all on camera 🤡
Popular American presenter Steve Harvey sent a TV every year to his school teacher for Christmas, who said that he would never make it on TV
“Every year, while my teacher was still alive, I sent him a TV for Christmas. I just wanted him to see me, ”said Harvey 📺
Inconspicuous Details that the Filmmakers have Skillfully Hidden in the Movies
Almost every film has curious details that are difficult to notice when you first watch it. Sometimes it can be unexpected characters, unobtrusively left by the director. Or inconspicuous moments that reveal the plot of the picture and add a special peppercorn to it.
At Bemorepanda, we found 13 hidden movie parts that even seasoned moviegoers might overlook. At the end of the article, you will find an unexpected fact about the cult melodrama, which many watched before the holes in the sunset of the 1990s.
1. "Matrix" - the symbol of yin and yang
When Neo and Morpheus attack each other in The Matrix, their clothing and body position form a symbol of the union of yin and yang. In Chinese philosophy, it means the interaction of opposites: light and darkness, day and night, positive and negative.
2. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - compass
In Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, when Commander James Norrington holds up the compass, he points to Jack, not Elizabeth. This compass does not point north or south, but in the direction of what the person holding it desires most. So the filmmakers wanted to show that the commander values his duty above his feelings: it is more important for him to catch a pirate than to be with his beloved.
3. "Casino Royale" "- actress
In the 2006 film Casino Royale, actress Tsai Chin plays one of the poker players. She also appeared in the role of a minor Bond girl in the 1967 film "Live Only Twice".
4. "Cabin in the woods" - pupils
In the thriller "Cabin in the Woods" after a van crash and a collision with a zombie, you can see that Dana's pupils have become of different sizes. This is a common symptom of a concussion.
5. "The Truman Show" - cameras
In The Truman Show, the cameras appear in very obvious places, but the main character (Jim Carrey) stubbornly does not notice them. Even when a neighbor brings a trash can to Truman's car, he still does not see anything unusual in what is happening, since he has always lived in the conditions of a TV show.
6. "Shape of water" - shoes
The Oscar-winning film The Shape of Water features a scene in which Eliza admires a pair of red shoes. Later, when the heroine begins a relationship with Amphibian Man, you can see how she confidently walks through the laboratory in those very shoes. Perhaps this is how the filmmakers wanted to show that Eliza gained confidence and expanded the boundaries of her capabilities.
7. "Pirates of the Caribbean" - Jack Sparrow's father ring
In Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Captain Teague wears a silver skull ring. In fact, it is not a prop for the film, but a real decoration of actor Keith Richards. This ring was given to him for his birthday in 1978, and he has not taken it off since.
8. "Santa Claus" - elves
In the movie Santa Claus, when Charlie walks to school, an elf can be seen sitting behind him. This means that throughout his life, the elves watched over him and his father.
9. "Maleficent" - magic
Maleficent's magic changes color. When a witch is kind, her magic is golden. And when she does evil things, her enchantment turns green.
10. "The Chronicles of Narnia" - the fur of the White Witch
In The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the White Witch gave the order to cut the mane of Aslan's lion, and then coldly thrust a dagger into him. Later, Tilda Swinton's heroine can be seen wearing his mech during the battle.
11. "Parasites" - Mr. Pak's company
In Parasite, the viewer is constantly reminded that Mr. Park runs a firm called Another Brick, like the song of the same name by Pink Floyd. The film's director Bong Joon Ho was a huge fan of them in college. It raises the problems of education, inequality, there is a significant line: "In general, you are just another brick in the wall." The company logo appears on the glass in the office of the head of a wealthy family, as well as on the mugs from which the heroes drink.
12. "Alice in Wonderland" - the Hatter's phrase
The Mad Hatter's lines are not as meaningless as they seem at first glance. When the Hatter asks "What do a raven and a desk have in common?" One of the most famous works of Poe is the poem "The Raven".
By the way, Depp himself suggested adding orange spots on the Hatter's face. The fact is that in the 18th-19th centuries, hatters worked with mercury, which left orange and reddish spots on the skin. In addition, the metal caused chronic intoxication, which had a detrimental effect on mental health.
13.Bonus: "10 reasons I hate" - a scene with a poem
At the end of the tape "10 Things I Hate" Julia Stiles burst into tears while reading a poem she wrote about Patrick for her English lesson. This was not actually in the script. In one of the interviews, the actress told why emotions came over her during this scene. “I absolutely did not expect to start crying. I don't know why this happened. Perhaps this was due to what was happening in my life at that time. Or I was just blown away by the whole experience of making my first big movie, ”admitted Stiles.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
50 facts distributed by "Weird Facts" that will surely teach you new things
Each new year represents a new beginning. Around the night between the years, we think about what we want the new year to bring, we make wishes, we make plans and we respect different superstitions in order to have luck in the beginning year. It is as common as it is convenient to believe that the luck of the new year is primarily due to fate, and thus we tend to minimize our own responsibility and the importance of our contribution to our own well-being.
But what if, at the turn of the year, we made a list of things we want to learn next year? Maybe we want to learn a foreign language, maybe we want to try a new sport, maybe we want to learn a new skill, use a new device, get a driver's license or maybe we want to learn to paint. We all have such desires, but we seldom fulfill them.
Bemorepanda has collected 50 interesting facts with which you can start the new year by learning new things. In 2022 we must give priority to knowledge and well-being.
1.Learning law for humanity
Learning is necessary up to a point. When we are little, we always learn things about the reality around us that help us survive and adapt. Then we go to school, where we are forced to learn various subjects, some of which we like, some less. Then we go to college, where we specialize in one field. We go to work, where we learn to do our job. After a while, however, learning is no longer compulsory, it becomes optional. Nothing presses us anymore, the only motivation is given by our desire to know things. And this is the moment when the excuses appear: I don't feel like it now, I want to relax, I've learned enough, I'm too old to learn anymore, etc.
These excuses have long-term negative consequences. The brain, like any other muscle, atrophies in the absence of exercise. For this reason, thinking becomes rigid and we tend to suffer from functional fixation. In other words, we are used to doing things the same way all the time, we feel uncomfortable when we are faced with a new situation and we lose the ability to think "outside the box" and find creative solutions to the problems we face. The more time we spend learning nothing new, the more useless it seems to us to try.
5.The 9 Nanas
6.Money doesn’t grow on tree
First of all, if our brain is always trained to learn new things, it will be easier for us to learn skills, because we will be able to relate them to what we already know. And we will know more and more. This will allow us to deal with more and more situations. Although we may not see the immediate benefit of learning a certain thing in the long run, we will certainly feel the benefits.
By always learning, we keep our spirit young and will process information very quickly, because we will have a complex system in which to integrate it. Last but not least, we will have an increased sense of self-efficacy, which will help us to feel good about ourselves, to know what we are capable of and to be confident that we can succeed in what we set out to do.
10.Dream come true
11.Breakfast with dads