The Dutch government has advised single people to find a ‘sex buddy’ for intimacy during the lockdown imposed to control the spread of coronavirus.
Netherlands has joined other European countries in announcing the easing of the lockdown, outlining a four-month plan to phase out social restrictions if the virus will stay under control.
According to BBC, single people should come to an arrangement with another person, but the two should avoid having sex if either of the two are suspicious of having Covid-19.
The guidance comes after many critics said there was no sex advice for singles.
RIVM said "it makes sense that as a single [person] you also want to have physical contact" during the pandemic.
Should single people choose to engage in sexual contact, precautions should be taken to minimise the risk of coronavirus exposure, the authority said.
"Discuss how best to do this together," the RIVM guidance says. "For example, meet with the same person to have physical or sexual contact (for example, a cuddle buddy or 'sex buddy'), provided you are free of illness.
"Make good arrangements with this person about how many other people you both see. The more people you see, the greater the chance of (spreading) the coronavirus."
The RIVM has also issued advice for people whose long-term partners suspect they have contracted the coronavirus.
"Don't have sex with your partner if they have been isolated because of (suspected) coronavirus infection," it says.
"Sex with yourself or with others at a distance is possible," it adds, suggesting "erotic stories" and "masturbating together" as possible solutions.
On Monday, the Netherlands began the first stage of a five-phase lockdown exit plan.
As part of the first phase, libraries, hairdressers, nail bars, beauticians, massage salons and places providing occupational therapy were allowed to reopen from 11 May.
The relaxation of restrictions came after Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said the country had made "headway" in its effort to bring the number of coronavirus infections and deaths down.
In total, over 43,995 people have tested positive for coronavirus in the Netherlands so far, with more than 5,680 deaths. The number of people that have been tested so far in the country is close to 300.000.
British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is in Intensive Care! Who now runs the Government?
The health of 55-year-old British Prime Minister Boris Johnson decreased rapidly and on Sunday at 8.00 pm he was taken by ambulance and taken to the London hospital. After some analysis, he was sent to a private reserve. But the cough persisted and the prime minister suffocated, so on Monday he was transferred to intensive care, where he is now.
Boris Johnson goes through hard times, his life being endangered by contamination with the new coronavirus. On Friday, April 3, 55-year-old Johnson charged with fever, coughing and persistent fatigue. This came just a day after the test for COVID-19 came out positive. Knowing that he is robust and can carry "a mere cold" on his feet, Johnson has refused to step down from the government. On Sunday night, however, after a teleconference via Zoom, a doctor suggested that he quickly should call the ambulance because it is not good what is going on with him. At 20.00 he arrived at St. Thomas, and after some analysis, came to intensive care.
Despite the serious situation of the prime minister, a close relative of his told the Daily Mail that Boris Johnson is not connected to the mechanically assisted breathing apparatus. It happens 10 weeks before he turns 56, Boris goes through dramatic moments. He was forced to hand over the helm to the British Government's Foreign Minister Dominic Raab. It held on Tuesday the first government meeting on the COVID-19 crisis.
Super offer! Cypriot government pays for your holiday if you become infected with the new coronavirus in Cyprus
The operation to attract tourists in times of pandemic has begun. With more and more people preferring to stay home this summer for fear of the new coronavirus, countries that base their economy on tourism are doing everything they can to persuade them to travel. The Cypriot authorities have announced a new measure: they will cover the cost of the holiday for tourists tested positive after entering this country.
The Cypriot government announced on Thursday that it will cover the cost of the holiday for any tourist who will contract the new coronavirus in Cyprus.
Authorities have pledged to cover the cost of accommodation, food, drink and medicines for travelers tested positive for coronavirus after entering Cyprus. Tourists will only bear the cost of the transfer to the airport and the return ticket to the country of origin.
A hospital with a capacity of 100 beds will only be made available to foreign visitors who contract the virus and extra beds can be provided if needed, according to the government.
For travelers with severe symptoms, authorities will provide 112 seats for intensive care and 200 medical ventilators.
A number of 500 rooms in "quarantine hotels" will be offered to close contacts of people infected with coronavirus. And this number can be supplemented as needed.
The hotel room where a tourist who contracted the virus was accommodated will be carefully disinfected before being used again.
According to Johns Hopkins University, 939 cases of Covid-19 and 17 deaths from the disease have been confirmed in Cyprus.