The 2021-2022 NHL Championship is the 105th season of the National Hockey League (NHL). The regular season kicked off on October 12, 2021 and will run through April 2022, followed by the Stanley Cup playoff series.
This season, the NHL has added a new Seattle club, the Seattle Kraken, bringing 32 clubs to the 2021-2022 Championship - 7 from Canada and 25 from the United States. The Seattle Kraken play in the Pacific Division of the Eastern Conference and the Arizona Coyotes have moved to the Central Division.
Thus, this season, the league returned to its usual divisions, each of which now has 8 teams and a division into the Western and Eastern Conferences (due to restrictions last season, there were virtually no conferences and the Canadian Division was created).
During the regular season 2021-2022, all clubs play 82 matches (last season only 56), each team will play each at least twice. The match calendar includes a break for the 2022 Olympics from February 4th to 22nd.
Bemorepanda collected some funny memes about the new season.
1.The Islanders have fans
2.All I want
3.Like a boss
The National Hockey League is a professional sports organization that brings together the hockey teams of the United States and Canada. Nowadays, most experts recognize the NHL as one of the strongest on the planet. It should be noted that at the moment it is one of the main sports leagues in North America, along with the NBA, NFL and Major League Baseball. The league was formed on November 26, 1917, and on December 19, 1917, the first season began, uniting only 4 teams.
By the end of the 1930/1931 season, a total of 10 teams were playing in the NHL, vying each year for the league's top prize, the Stanley Cup. Originally, the Stanley Cup was played between the winner of the NHL and the winner of the Western professional hockey leagues, and since 1926 the Cup has become the full property of the NHL. However, the Great Depression, and various financial difficulties after it, dealt a severe blow to the league and the NHL was reduced to six teams. These teams, which have played in the league for 25 years since 1942, are still known as the "Big Six" (Original Six) - "Montreal Canadiens", "Toronto Maple Leafs", "Detroit Red Wings", "Boston Bruins", New York Rangers and Chicago Blackhawks.
4.A 5 dollar
5.Only Patrick here
6.Every time I make a save
7.I become anything
In the mid-1960s, teams began to emerge in the minor leagues, especially from the western United States, that could compete with the NHL teams. The strengthening of the Western Hockey League, which experts predicted its transformation into a league equal in strength to the NHL, as well as financial considerations prompted the NHL in 1967 to undertake the first expansion since the 1920s. Six more teams were admitted to the league, which formed a new division. They were the Philadelphia Flyers, St. Louis Blues, Minnesota North Stars, Los Angeles Kings, Oakland Seals and Pittsburgh Penguins. Three years later, the Vancouver Canucks and Buffalo Sabers joined the league.
In 1972, the World Hockey Association (WHA) was formed. Although the WHA never submitted a proposal to the NHL for a joint Stanley Cup, everyone recognized the league's strength and considered it a worthy competitor to the NHL. In this regard, the NHL decided to urgently continue its expansion policy and added the New York Islanders and Atlanta Flames to the league in 1972, and the Kansas City Scouts and Washington Capitals two years later.
8.Pulling 2 teeth
However, the increase in the number of teams in the league caused a decrease in the overall level of the game. These leagues fought for strong players until the collapse of the WHA in 1979. Four WHA teams have joined the NHL: Hartford Whalers, Quebec Nordics, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. The Edmonton Oilers are currently the last team from the WHA to continue to be based in the same city where they were based. Quebec Nordics, Winnipeg Jets and Hartford Whalers have now changed their name and moved to other cities.
The NHL has continued to expand, and since the 2000/2001 season, the number of teams in the league has increased to its current maximum of 30 teams from 29 cities in the United States and Canada. Of the 30 teams in the National Hockey League, 7 are in Canada and 23 are in the United States. All NHL clubs have their own "farm clubs" - the so-called subsidiary teams, where hockey players who have failed to break into the main team play.
At the moment, the NHL has the following structure: there are two conferences in the NHL, each with three divisions, and each division with five teams. In the regular season, each team plays 82 games - 41 home and 41 away, each team playing at least one game with every other team in the league. The team gets two points for winning, the team gets one point for losing in overtime or in shootouts, and none for losing in regular time. At the end of the regular season, the team with the most points in its division becomes the division champion (points from games with all teams are taken into account, not just the teams of its division). Division winners and top 5 other teams from each conference advance to the playoffs and compete for the Stanley Cup.
18.The floor is lava
23.Grinds my gear
25.I play hockey
26.I got a cup
27.Brain on check
29.I have an army
31.The sea creators
35.For the record
39.Dollar beer night
45.Four to one
48.Everywhere I go
50.Kraken are in the metagame
Visa, Tennis and Covid restrictions: 50 funny Novak Djokovic memes and jokes to highlight the current limbo with the emigration office during Australia Open 2022
Novak Djokovic is awaiting a decision on his expulsion from Australia until Monday. The stake in the Australian Open, which starts on January 17, is being questioned after the Australian government blocked its entry into the country.
Djokovic announced on Tuesday that he was leaving for Australia after receiving a waiver from the mandatory Covid vaccination imposed at the Australian Open. The derogations are granted by a group of independent experts, but the Australian government has intervened and blocked its entry into the country.
The case sparked an international debate for and against, with millions of comments on social media platforms, refueling anti-vaccine conspiracies and the dissatisfaction of those accused of stigmatizing non-vaccinated people. It even fueled Serbian nationalism - from the athlete's father to the Serbian president, Australia's decision was associated with an "attack" on the whole country.
Australia is talking about compliance and a court will decide whether or not the world number one ATP has tried to circumvent them.
In Belgrade, supporters of the Serbian-born athlete protested in front of parliament. President Aleksandar Vučić said that "all of Serbia is with him and the authorities will take all necessary measures to stop the ill-treatment of the best player in the world immediately."
All sports competitions have been affected by the last two years of the pandemic, and vaccination already seems the most natural gesture an athlete can make, especially if the type of sport they practice requires international travel, says WTA tournament director for Free Europe Transylvania Open, Patrick Ciorcilă.
2.How tennis works
About 85% of the list of the top 100 players in the world are vaccinated, the organizers had to cancel at the last moment the participation of the public because the authorities forbade its presence. .
Not even the access of the vaccinated public was allowed, and the athletes accepted all the restrictions with "solidarity" towards the organizers, says Patrick Ciorcilă. The tournament was won by Anett Kontaveit, world number 7, who defeated Simona Halep in the final.
For athletes, vaccination has not been mandatory at the tournament in Cluj-Napoca since the end of October and is still not a condition to participate in WTA tournaments. However, access to a country depends on the national authorities: "Holders of certain types of visa may enter Australia, provided that the conditions for the full vaccination scheme are met".
It remains to be seen whether the medical records that would exempt Djokovic from the mandatory vaccination are sufficient for the Australian government, as they were for the tour organizers.
Novak Djokovic is a staunch anti-vaccinist. He considers that he should have been admitted to the Australian Open only on the basis of proof that he had passed through the disease. Caricature by Jup, the caricaturist of Free Europe.
5.Believe in covid vaccine
10.Let Novak in
And after the eventual entry into the country where the event takes place, there are consequences for the unvaccinated: “And in our tournament there was a differentiation between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated. Unvaccinated athletes performed PCR tests every 48 hours, while vaccinated athletes were tested on arrival without having to isolate themselves until the result was known. It is not about discrimination, but about the safety of all those who participate ", says Patrick Ciorcilă.
As the organizer of the tennis tournament, Patrick Ciorcilă says that Novak Djokovic's attitude put everyone in trouble. The reaction of the public is natural if it seems that someone has a privileged status, he adds.
"I would not like to be in the position of tournament director, an ungrateful and difficult one now, nor in the position of Djokovic. As Nadal said - the rules have long been known. In order to be fair to everyone and for everyone to be safe, everyone must follow the same measures. It is his right not to be vaccinated, but if so, maybe it would be better not to participate ".
Djokovic's situation is set to be decided on Monday. By Saturday, his lawyers will file new documents in the court examining the case.
All over the world, given the nature of sporting events, the issue of vaccinating participants and spectators at sports competitions has been raised.
In more and more states, access to a sporting event can only be made by those vaccinated, but in many other countries, decisions are made with difficulty (as in the case of the Green Certificate blocked in the Bucharest Parliament for months) and their observance is a challenge (as in the case of refusing to wear a mask in the same Parliament).
12.Never need to buy beer
It is not ruled out, say many critics, that the Australian government would have turned a blind eye to Djokovic's waiver from the Australian Open if the public had not reacted to what he perceived as an injustice in a country that has gone through many severe quarantine and where 85% of the population is vaccinated. However, the number of cases has increased recently, according to Reuters.
Public access for unvaccinated persons is not permitted at the Australian Open. Djokovic's derogation could be justified, there is no court decision yet, but his earlier anti-vaccine statements have harmed him in this context.
"Mr Djokivic's visa has been revoked. Rules are rules, especially when it comes to our borders. No one is above the rules. The strict policy of restricting access to the country has been vital to having one of the lowest death rates in the world caused by Covid, "said Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison on Twitter.
"[Djokovic] knew the conditions for participation for a long time. It's his decision, "said Rafael Nadal, who is in Melbourne.
He added that he was sorry for the situation, but said that he understood the negative reaction of some Australians to the exemption granted to Djokovic in the conditions in which they went through difficult periods of strict quarantine.
"I believe what those who are good at medicine say, and if they say we should get vaccinated, then that's what we should do," Nadal added.
Novak Djokovic has not made a firm statement about his vaccination against Covid, but in the past he has spoken out against vaccination.
The organizers of the sports competitions tried during the pandemic, in addition to taking strict measures to protect athletes and spectators (most often imposed), to find solutions so that the events are not canceled or take place with at least a third of the spectators. .
Last year's Olympics in Japan were held amid tensions caused by the risk of the pandemic spreading, with part of the population demanding the cancellation of events, while the executive explained that he did not have the authority to intervene in agreements between the International Olympic Committee and the organizing cities.
The Olympics took place without spectators, but there were also cases of infections among athletes or technical and organizational teams.
21.The Terminal 2
25.Great first day
28.Follow the rules
30.An au pair
33.Lied on visa
36.Running toward us
41.Last had covid
47.Admit i faked or no
The 2022 NHL Winter Classic between the St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild took place on January 1, 2022 at the Minnesota Twins' Target Field, Major League Baseball team, in Minneapolis. The match, originally scheduled for the first day of 2021, will continue the tradition of outdoor play begun in 2008. 2022 will mark the 14th anniversary of the first "Winter Classic" in Buffalo.
The 2022 Honda All-Star NHL Weekend will take place in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena on February 4-5. Skill contests will take place on Friday, February 4, and the next day will be the "All-Star Game".
On February 26, as part of the 2022 Navy Federal Credit Union NHL Stadium Series, the Nashville Predators will play Tampa at the Nissan Stadium in Nashville, home of the NFL Tennessee Titans. This will be the second open-air match for the Predators and the first for the Lightning, who will be the 27th team to play outdoors.
Each team in the 2021-22 season will play 82 matches, and there will be a total of 1,312 matches. The last day of the regular season will be Friday, April 29, when 30 out of 32 teams will take to the ice.
1. Olympic Break: To date, no final decision has been made on the participation of NHL hockey players in the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics. Negotiations are ongoing. If the players' union and the International Ice Hockey Federation agree to resolve all issues, including insurance for hockey players on COVID-19, as agreed in the collective agreement, then the calendar will provide a pause between February 7 and 22.
2. If conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic deteriorate or the health and safety of players is threatened, the NHL and the players' union will refuse to participate in the Games. If NHL players compete in the 2022 Olympics, the regular season will resume on February 23rd. If, for any reason, hockey players do not play at the Olympics, the NHL will publish a revised regular season schedule.
3. The National Hockey League is considered the most prestigious, popular and professional league in the world of ice hockey. The most loyal fans, the most spectacular matches and the most prestigious awards are directly related to the NHL.
4. The history of the league is very long, because during its existence there have been many truly significant events, let alone the number of really talented athletes who have made their careers in the NHL. We have already talked about the strongest players in the NHL, talked about the best clubs and even recalled the history of the main hockey attributes, but now we want to talk about a few interesting facts that will help you learn hockey even better.
5. The history of the league dates back to the late 19th century, when in 1892 the Governor General of Canada, Lord Frederick Arthur Stanley, established the country's main hockey trophy - the Challenge Hockey Cup.
6. The devoted fans of Canada fought for the cup. Any team could challenge the current trophy holder, and he had to accept it. After the death of the Governor-General, the prize was named in his honor - the Stanley Cup.
7. Now the Stanley Cup is considered the most prestigious of those that a professional hockey player can win in his career, which is why many athletes tag in the NHL in order to try their luck in the championships. It is worth noting that we talked about the history of hockey in more detail in one of our previous articles.
8. As for the first official goal, which marked the beginning of professional hockey, it was scored by Dave Ritchie, who was a player of the Montreal Wanderers. The puck flew into the net on December 19, 1917, and it was the first official match in NHL history, followed by a huge number of sports fans. Then on the ice against "Montreal" came "Toronto Arenas", which conceded the same goal.
9. Many will wonder why the Stanley Cup was established almost at the very beginning of the 20th century, and the first puck was hammered only 20 years later? The fact is that the NHL was just beginning to develop, many teams did not immediately reach the professional level, and the championships were not held as cool as we see in this picture now. It is difficult to say at what point it is worth starting a report on the existence of the National League, but here everyone decides for himself.
10. Selling and buying players is quite a fun process. Of course, now popular players cost a lot of money, and many clubs go broke just to take possession of the legend of big sports. But in the history of the NHL there was a case when a player was bought for only one dollar.
11. We are talking about one Canadian ice hockey player, Chris Draper, who was drafted by the Winnipeg Jets in 1993 under the general number 62. The athlete had practically no playing practice and had zero experience in the NHL, which is why he was sold to the famous Detroit for just one American dollar.
12. Moving to a new team, Chris was not left without an inverse nickname - "man for one dollar." But the nickname did not humiliate the athlete at all, and even brought its own benefit. Perhaps it's all about motivation and the desire to prove to the majority of his worth, but Draper was able to quickly advance to the main team, and then take the post of the leader of Krasnye Krylia. He became one of the club's top players at the time, significantly increasing his value in professional sports. It is worth noting that Draper played 1137 games for Detroit, scored 128 goals in them and helped the team win four Stanley Cups.
13. We have already talked about the origin of this trophy, but the award deserves special attention for several more reasons. Interestingly, the original height of the Stanley Cup was 18 centimeters, now it is much larger. It is also worth noting that there is a certain tradition according to which each member of the team that won the Stanley Cup has the right to personally own the cup for one day in the summer off-season after the victory. This happened for the first time in 1997, after the victory of the Detroit Red Wings, where the Russian Five played.
14. Often the practice of giving away the cup for a day to the players led to curiosities. In 1996, Colorado defender Sylvain Lefebvre christened his little daughter Alexanna in a cup. Now Aleksanna Lefebvre plays for the university's hockey team. In 2008, the Stanley Cup was again used as a cup for infant baptism: Thomas Holmstrom baptized his nephew in it. In general, they didn’t fill the cup with anything during the celebrations. Ice cream, melted chocolate, soup, chili sauce, applesauce, and even dog food.
15. Goalkeeper Martin Brodeur, after winning the New Jersey Devils in 2003, went to the cinema with the kids and took a goblet with him to fill it with popcorn. Here is such an interesting trophy.
16. The best hockey player in the history of the National Hockey League! Wayne became the leader in almost all offense-related indicators: points (2857), goals (894), assists (1963), points in equal squads (1818), majority (890), minority (149) and goals in an empty net (57).
17. Wayne also became the only NHL player to score more than 200 points per season in 1982 (212 points), 1984 (205), 1985 and 1986 (208 and 215 points, respectively). It's hard to find a hockey fan who hasn't heard of this athlete. This hockey player is truly unique and is a legend in the National Hockey League.
18. Despite the unique records, the athlete did not differ in versatility, often lost in speed indicators to his rivals and did not always demonstrate decent defense. But he could always competently choose his position on the court, defeating the opponent with perfect technique and a strong throw. Interestingly, many note the fact that even if Wayne had not scored a single goal, he would still have been the leader in terms of the number of points scored in his career. Here is such an interesting character, famous all over the world.
19. The first goalkeeper to score an unusual goal against an opponent was New York Islanders goalkeeper Billy Smith.
20. Philadelphia Flyers goalkeeper Ron Hextall became the second goalkeeper to score, and the first to score. Most of the goals against rivals are on the personal account of Martin Brodeur. He was able to score as many as three goals. In general, a rather unusual situation when the puck flies into the goal from the goalkeeper of another team, but often this is due to the unpredictability of hockey.
21. There are times when the goalkeeper repels a strong attack from the opponent, and then the incomprehensible force of the rebound comes into play, and it happens that the goalkeeper himself wants to take the initiative into his own hands, like the above-described hockey players.
22. This interesting fact can be noted in as many as two matches in the history of the National Hockey League. The first happened in the third season of the NHL, when the Montreal players were able to beat their age-old opponents from Toronto with a score of 14-7. The second-highest scoring match in league history came in 1985 when the aforementioned Wayne Gretzky's Edmonton fired on Chicago.
23. In this meeting, "Edmonton" was able to win with a score of 12-9, while the legendary Gretzky, without scoring a single goal, gave his teammates seven assists. It is worth noting that in each season of the NHL you can see many interesting, spectacular and memorable matches that make the history of the league unique.
24. Theoren Fleury is a truly great ice hockey player from Canada, born in 1968. His height was only 168 cm, but this did not stop him from achieving unprecedented heights in sports. The hockey player scored 1,088 points in the NHL, won the Stanley Cup, became a gold medalist at the Olympic Games, a silver medalist in the World Championship and received the honorary title of "Player of the Year" in the NHL.
25. And the tallest player in the history of the NHL was born in Slovakia. In his 44 years, Zdeno has also broken a large number of prejudices. With a height of 206 cm, the defender continues to play for the Washington Capitals to this day. The good news is that such a truly unique player does not lose heart and does not even think about the end of his career. On account of his 1608 games in the NHL, for which he was able to score 207 goals.
26. Zdeno Hara, which we wrote about above, also set another record worthy of attention. The hockey player has one of the most powerful shots in NHL history. Zdeno Hara was able to throw the puck at 105.4 mph (169.6 km / h) in 2009. By the way, Hara liked to break records - and he did it a couple more times, reaching 107 mph (172.2 km / h) in 2012. But here it is worth noting another athlete who achieved higher numbers.
27. The incredible Bobby Hull was able to break absolutely all the records of big sport, accelerating the hockey puck to 193 km / h with his powerful click. Experts also say that the athlete could make a throw with a maximum puck speed of 169 km / h using a wrist technique.
28. Bobby Hull was one of the best strikers in the NHL in the 1960s. The player was awarded the title of best sniper of the regular season between 1959 and 1969 as many as seven times, making him the second strongest hockey player in this indicator. Bobby Hull was able to score 54 goals in 1965/66, making him the only player to score over 50 goals in the NHL regular season. Throughout his career, the athlete took part in 1,063 matches of the regular season and in 119 playoffs. But now the legend of world hockey is already 82 years old, and it is simply impossible to check or refute his records.
29. Thus, the National Hockey League contains in its history many unique moments that will be of interest to every fan of big sport. It is these facts and records that are the basis of interesting hockey, a professional sport that has a huge number of fans. Important events are remembered by many, making hockey even more popular and even more spectacular, which is why this sport quickly gained worldwide popularity and annually indulges us with legendary events.
30. On November 26, 1917, representatives of four Canadian clubs (Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators and Quebec Bulldogs) decided to create the National Hockey League. A little later, Toronto Arenas joined the organizers.
31. The first NHL matches took place on December 19, 1917. There are currently 30 teams in the world's strongest professional hockey league.
32. In 1943, the Hockey Hall of Fame was opened in Toronto, where the names of the best hockey players on the planet were entered. Currently, more than 300 world hockey legends have been awarded this honor, including 6 of our compatriots: Anatoly Tarasov, Vladislav Tretyak, Vyacheslav Fetisov, Valery Kharlamov, Igor Larionov and Pavel Bure.
33. On February 14, 1934, the Toronto Maple Leafs permanently assigned the number 6 jersey to team star Ace Bailey. Later, the tradition of removing the numbers of great hockey players from circulation gained wide popularity in the NHL. Pavel Bure was the only Russian to be awarded such an honor. In 2013, the Vancouver Canucks secured form with number 10.
34. In 1959, the Montreal Canadiens goalkeeper Jacques Plant began wearing a mask. Not everyone liked this novelty, and many even called Plant a coward. But after a few years, the mask became a common attribute of the goalkeeper's uniform.
35. According to statistics, 68% of professional hockey players lost at least one tooth during a match.
36. The legendary Gordie Howe was distinguished not only by high performance, but also by an aggressive game. Therefore, if one hockey player manages to throw the puck in a match, make an assist and take part in a fight, then such a result is called "Gordie Howe's hat-trick."
37. Since 1993, every hockey player who has won the Stanley Cup, the NHL's premier trophy, can take it home for a day. But there is one secret: the athletes are given a copy of the prize, and the original is kept in the Hockey Hall of Fame.
38. April 16, 1999 ended the sports career of the most famous hockey player in the history of the NHL - Wayne Gretzky. In NHL games, Gretzky has scored 894 goals and made 1,963 assists. Its result has not been surpassed so far.
39. Bobby Hull had the most powerful shot among the pros. After his impact, the puck flew at a speed of 190.4 kilometers per hour.
40. In the entire long history of the NHL, the Stanley Cup has not been played twice. In 1919, the tournament was stopped due to the flu epidemic, and in 2005 the championship was canceled due to a hockey strike.
41. In the first month of the 2017-18 season, 212 matches were played. On average, the teams scored 6.1 goals in them (excluding 18 goals in shootouts). This is significantly more than the figure for the same period of the last championship - 5.6. On average, NHL teams scored 5.45 goals per game that season.
42. The last time NHL clubs managed to cross the line of six goals per game in the 2005-06 championship was 6.05 in 1230 games. And the level of 6.1 goals per game was exceeded for the last time in the regular championship of 1995-96 - 6.29.
43. This figure may be impressive, but it is still significantly less than 25 years ago, when NHL clubs averaged 7.25 goals per game.
44. There is another indicator of the increased performance: all 24 top scorers in the league (as of Saturday) are gaining an average of points per match. Last season, only eight of the top 24 played as effectively.
45. Pittsburgh have won all four games between Crosby and McDavid: two in regulation, one in overtime and one in shootouts. Now they can meet again at best only in the playoffs. Or next season.
46. “Islanders” figured out the game in the majority: “New York Islanders” for three weeks to establish the game in the majority and, apparently, the team was able to find the cause of failure and draw the right conclusions.
47. The first took place during the third season of the NHL - Montreal beat Toronto (St. Patrick's) with a score of 14-7, but then such a score was the norm.
48. The second such a productive match had to wait for more than 60 years - until the end of 1985, when Edmonton, led by the inimitable Gretzky, staged a shootout with Chicago and won 12-9. At the same time, Wayne did not score a single (!) Washer, but he helped his partners as much as seven (!) Times, which became a record for transfers in one game.
49. Andrew Hammond, who defended the gates of Ottawa and Colorado, got his nickname "The Hamburglar" (ie "Burgervor") long before the NHL during one of the varsity games for Bowling Green State University (NCAA). First, one of his teammates, Wade Finegan, began calling Hammond "Robber" for his ability to "steal" victories for his team. Then the nickname evolved into "Burglar" ("Thief"), then simply "Burgs". The result of this chain is the nickname "The Hamburglar", which is the name of a friend of Ronald McDonald, and this friend, as you might guess, loves to steal burgers on the sly. It was he who was depicted on the mask of the Canadian when he played for Ottawa.
50.Eighteen-year-old Alec Regula was selected by Detroit in the third round of the 2018 NBA Draft pick as # 67.
As Donald Trump is set to candidate for 2024 US Presidential elections, Bemorepanda has collected top 50 most funny memes and jokes that highlighted his political career
In a recent interview, former US President Donald Trump stated that he is determined to return to the White House, so he will run in the 2024 elections.
Donald Trump, now 75, was the oldest White House president before Joe Biden, 78, was elected.
Donald Trump took his first steps in construction while still a student. He and his father bought a dilapidated complex in Cincinnati, Ohio. There were about 1,200 apartments in it. Surprisingly, the state subsidized the restoration of this project, called Swifton Village, so impressive that Trump, without spending a dime, did a complete restoration of the complex and sold it twice as much as they bought. As a result, Donald realized that the government was focused on providing housing to the people and was ready to help and provide assistance in every way possible, and he certainly knew how to get such help. This story was the beginning of Trump's prosperity as a major construction contractor.
However, this was not enough for Donald. His first projects were successful, but his goal was New York. Here it is, a city of opportunities with the chance to enter directly into the real estate market and turn into a great construction tycoon! He immediately moved to the metropolis, rented an apartment in Manhattan, which was not very luxurious, and examined the buildings with great diligence. As he gained knowledge, Donald was convinced that it would be useful for him to build his biggest business.
1.China ready for 2024
4.Trump back for memes
Trump was aware that he could only get good funding by rotation in certain circles, and he set himself the goal of becoming a member of the club of wealthy and influential French politicians and bankers. It was not easy to enter this closed club without a specific recommendation, but a young and ambitious businessman left and received a club card after meeting with the manager. Trump has entered the habitat of the powerful. The visitors of this institution were great bosses, successful models, top managers, oil magnates. Donald was expecting unimaginable offers and multi-million dollar contracts.
Despite a crushing start and useful contacts, Trump has been constantly plagued by failure. Perhaps because of his zeal and youth, he did not inspire confidence in serious developers, but wealth, it seems, has drifted away from him. However, Donald did not give up, on the contrary, the failures stimulated him and ignited in him the desire to achieve the goals at any cost.
With the financial support of his father, Trump entered into the first agreement with the bankrupt railroad company Penny Central Railroad. Donald bought the dilapidated Commodore Hotel near Grand Central Station. The future tycoon managed to persuade the authorities to postpone the payment of property taxes for 40 years and take out loans from banks worth seventy million dollars, and Hyatt Corporation to give its name. And now, instead of the dilapidated Commodore Hotel, the luxurious Grand Hyatt has been formed.
Trump's purchase of land in Atlantic City long before the legalization of the gambling business once again proved that he had a great instinct and luck, as the value of this land by 1982 exceeded $ 20 million.
6.Fkk the planet
But one of New York's biggest construction magnates, Donald Trump, has completed the Trump Tower project. In 1979, he rented a store building near the Tiffany boutique. At first, everything was not so smooth and the authorities did not want to meet him halfway, refusing to grant tax exemptions of millions of dollars. But he did not give up and after going through several court hearings he managed to provide benefits.
And so, three years later, on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 57th Street in Manhattan, one could contemplate the grand opening of the stunning 68-story, mixed-tower Trump Tower. Revenues from this construction exceeded all expectations, tourists just crowded to see the grandeur of the skyscrapers with its six-story atrium, pink marble ornaments and 80-foot waterfall, and celebrities rushed to rent the square here.
The 1980s saw the formation of the Trump Empire - all his projects turned into a gold mine. Such success dazzles Trump. Not being very modest, he became very self-confident, and when asked how things were going, the answer was, "It's good to be Donald."
Trump was expected to become president of the United States in the 1980s, but at the time, the arrow of Donald's political compass was constantly rushing between the right and the left. By 2009, he had more or less defined his own views and joined the Republican Party. They tried to nominate prominent economist and manager Donald to run in the 2011 presidential election, but the businessman said he was not ready to leave the private sector.
On June 16, 2015, Trump announced to the people of the United States that he had changed his mind, announcing that he was ready to fight for the presidency. Trump's presidential campaign was carefully thought out: first, he visited New Hampshire, traditionally considered a Republican stronghold, and then toured Nevada and California, states that had previously received a solid financial infusion from Donald. Trump has also held rallies in support of the electorate.
Trump's popularity has been influenced by his character: the newly-elected politician is accustomed to speaking openly, without covering his speech with euphemisms. Thanks to this feature, he gained fame as an eccentric who tells the truth.
The main messages of the Trump campaign were related to the following areas of American society: immigration, health, economics and domestic politics ... The Republican was extremely cold to the people of Mexico and the Middle East. If he wins the election, Trump has threatened to build an analogue of the Great Wall of China on the border with Mexico. Trump has also repeatedly called for the immediate elimination of the ISIS armed forces.
8.Who is missing Trump
9.Good old times
Donald Trump accuses Democrats of creating ISIS
Donald called for the cancellation of Barack Obama's medical program, saying that providing it is too expensive for the state and that he will easily find more efficient and cheaper methods for taxpayers.
In the economic sector, even Democrats have listened to the billionaire; he argued for the need to return production to the United States, increase taxes on the goods of American companies made abroad, and also argued for the need for a trade war with China.
Donald Trump's outrageous video of Vladimir Putin
More broadly, he outlined his point in the book "A crippled America", published in 2015. According to Forbes magazine, in 2016, Donald Trump's fortune exceeded the threshold of 4 billion dollars. It continued to grow, including through real estate licensing - the developers themselves paid Trump to build and sell new projects on his behalf.
In March 2016, Donald Trump was named the most likely Republican presidential candidate, predicting that he will face Hillary Clinton in the final round of elections.
21.So hard to find
23.2024 be like
27.Own social media
29.I bet Trump
30.Who’s with me
31.Talk about Trump
33.Trump took them all out
39.Fit the theory
42.Go to the moon
44.Behind the desk
47.In Trump we trust
49.Talk about Trump
A Russian athlete from Primorsky, Dmitry Yakuhny ran a hundred kilometers around the bed in ten hours during self-isolation, in order to check how well is he prepared for the ultramarathon in the Sahara desert.
"In April, I was supposed to participate in the heaviest ultramarathon in the world - MDS (Marathon Des Sables), 250 kilometers in the Sahara desert, but because of the coronavirus it was postponed for another date. So I decided to run 100 kilometers around the bed at home," told RIA Novosti Dmitry Yakuhny.
He added that he was preparing for the marathon for nine months and decided to test his strength.
According to him, the family initially took the idea as a joke, but then the children became interested - the son Artem and daughter Nicole even ran part of the distance.
"The whole family supported the initiative, the children ran a little, the wife filmed everything on video and prepared the food," Dmitry said.
He added that the marathon lasted almost ten hours, the neighbors were received the news "with understanding."
According to the athlete, music also helped to overcome the distance. Diet - oranges, bananas, "everything is on the run, as in regular competitions."
Dmitry went live on Instagram every hour, and the final broadcast lasted half an hour. A second breath opened after the 50th kilometer, and the 76th kilometer of the ultramarathon around the bed turned out to be the most difficult.
"Usually at the 35th and 75th kilometers there comes a" wall "- a lack of carbohydrates, but I tried to eat and drink on a schedule," Dmitry said. The athlete finished by 20:00 (13:00 Moscow time) local time.
The beginning of the 35th Marathon Des Sables is scheduled for September 18, the race will be held in the Moroccan part of the Sahara, during which participants will have to run 250 kilometers in seven days.