Thinking of buying a cat and not sure which one to choose? Here is an infographic with top 30 most popular breeds - Bemorepanda
It's easy to tell a pug from a poodle, but what do you really know about the most popular cat breeds? Did you know that there are at least 40 cat breeds in the United States alone - each with its own personality, traits and history?
As far as we know about cats, they are still mysterious creatures. Perhaps getting some basic information about the best cat species in the world will bring us closer to understanding the causes of cat ticks and why humans care about us.
This is a very intelligent cat, known for its curiosity and desire to explore everything around it. It is also a social pet that gets along well with children, dogs and ferrets. However, the Abyssinian is unlikely to end up in your lap, but he will show you love, always being in your presence. These types of cats love attention and would like to
a company, maybe another kitten when you're not home.
The American Bobtail, one of the orange cat breeds, is known for its wild appearance and short tail, as well as loyalty and devotion to their families. They are in tune with human emotions, which many recommend as therapeutic cats.
The American curl is distinguished by its bushy ears, which are wavy at the back and a tail close to the feather.
Ranked 25th on the Cat Fanciers Association's list of the most popular cat breeds of 2018, this is an unusual cat.
It is believed that the ancestors of this cat came to the United States with the first settlers. These cats, which were appreciated and "used" as mousetraps, quickly became popular as pets. Today they are the favorites among Americans and have consistently ranked among the ten most popular cat breeds in the United States.
American Wirehair is very similar to American Shorthair, the main difference being that it has a mustache and a stiff coat, which are thick and thick. Some have even described this coat as "steel wool".
Balinese are easily confused with Siamese cats. After all, they have the same color, size and bright blue eyes. It is even believed that the former actually descended from Siamese cats, which were too chubby to conform to the standards of Siamese breeders. However, the main difference between the two is the long-haired Balinese coat, which gives elegance to the graceful shape of this cat. It is not for nothing that he is named after the dancers of the Balinese temples.
If you have always wanted a reduced version of a leopard or jaguar, the Bengal cat is the way to go. Their size, athletic construction and clothing markings make them look like a miniature wild cat, even if they belong to a domestic cat. But don't be fooled by their appearance. The Bengal is actually a pretty cute and loyal cat.
Birman is a cat with a colorful tip, with a long flowing coat, which is not matte, soft and silky to the touch. Other striking features of these cats are their bright eyes and white paws.
Bombay is like a panther swaying in the wash. Except for the eyes, Bombay is all black, even paws, which is unusual for other black cat breeds. It is a hybrid breed, a cross between the Burmese saber and the American Shorthair breed, first bred in the 1950s.
Thick and dense coats, bear eyes and a signed blue color make these cats a very popular choice among large breed cats. This robust cat is actually the third most popular cat in the United States.
A large cat with thick bones, the Burmese stands out for its rounded shape and short, soft coat, which can be the color of the original saber, as well as light brown, blue and purple.
This medium-sized animal, wool, is one of the best breeds of cats for those who want nothing more than a pet to sit on their lap while watching TV or relaxing.
All cat lovers dream of having a big wild cat. While many gave up this dream because of the obvious danger of keeping a tiger in the house, some American breeders still hoped to create different types of cats that resemble jungle cats and thus developed Chausie, a miniature version. their wild brothers.
Anyone who has seen or stabbed a Cornish Rex knows that there is nothing like it in the world of cats. The large sharp ears, arched back and soft wavy coat are some of the most distinctive features of this cat breed.
Devon Rex is one of the most mischievous and friendly cat breeds. This cat lives to entertain the owners with its stupid antiques and tricks. He loves not only his family. These cute cats get along well with other cats, dogs, rabbits - anything. Because he has an unusual level of socialization and play for cats, Devon Rex is sometimes said to be half cat, half dog and half monkey.
Sometimes referred to as a feline greyhound, this kitten has incredibly fast reflexes, which are only suited to its elegance and grace. The Egyptian cat Mau is also a jumper, so don't be surprised if you see her jumping from incredible heights or if you are sitting on top of a tall library.
For those who want a Persian cat, but do not worry about caring for fluffy breeds of cats, there is Exotic. He looks Persian, but he has short hair. This kitten has a thick body with massive bones, as well as a wonderful plush coat, a flattened face and large round eyes.
It is a medium-sized, muscular cat with a long and thin body. It is also one of the extremely rare breeds of cats.
The Himalayan cat is a cross between Siamese and Persian cats. It has a Persian down and a colorful dot and dark blue eyes of a Siamese cat. Because it is a hybrid, the CFA does not recognize it as a separate breed.
Japanese bobtails are extremely popular cat breeds in their home country and are believed to bring good luck and prosperity. The figure of the seductive cat or Maneki Neko, whom we all know and associate with Japan, actually looks like a coil.
Korat is native to Thailand, where it is considered a living symbol of luck. They belong to the gray cat breed, and with their silver hair and heart-shaped faces, these cats are simply adorable.
LaPerm looks like a cat that has been shampooed for extra volume. It is known for curly hair, which is the result of spontaneous mutation and can be of any color and feline pattern.
28.Maine Coon Cat
Known as the "gentle giant," Maine Coon is the only American cat with long hair. It is also the oldest American breed. People consider the Maine Coon cat to be a cross between a short-haired domestic cat and a long-haired European cat, although many consider it to be a hybrid of a crab and a cat.
29.Norwegian Forest Cat
The strong physique and fluffy fur make this big cat, if not the largest breed of cat, then definitely one of the top five in the world. But don't be fooled by its size, it is actually a kind and caring pet.
Ocicat is another breed specially created to look like a wild cat and delights many feline lovers around the world that they have a leopard, well at least in miniature. Named Ocicat because it looks like an ocelot and a cat, it is a wild kitten with a nice mood.
20 mind blowing facts about Thanksgiving that you should be aware in 2020
Americans celebrate Thanksgiving on the last Thursday in November. This holiday is said to date back to 1623, but it was not until 1863, during the Civil War, that it became an official federal holiday, when President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national day for "Gratitude and Prayer to Our Father."
Bemorepanda has collected 20 interesting things about Thanksgiving Day. Let's see this collection together.
Copyright © 2020 Bemorepanda Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The content available on the Bemorepanda.com website can be copied and republished in the limit of 200 characters and in the limit of 10 pictures and must include the URL of the article. It is forbidden to completely copy the material and place it anywhere else without indicating the link and the full name of the page.
45 maps that prove that the world will never cease to amaze us
Maps are interesting. A lot of people enjoyed coloring the outline maps in school, and we still enjoy looking at them. It is especially interesting to see the map that gives us a completely new view of the world - to look at it from an unexpected angle, and maybe teach something, broaden our horizons and raise awareness!
Maps that show the world is more interesting than boring geography textbooks
And today is just such a case! We invite you to take a look at 45 most interesting maps and infographics that can really surprise and make you say: I didn’t know this!
1. At some point in the end of 2022, the world population will reach 8 billion
2. Map of hot areas in summer 2022
3. How does the frog "qua" sound in different languages?
4. Expressing laughter around the world: how to laugh online in 26 languages
5. Countries with US military bases
6. The last monarch of every European country
7. Number of pigs reared per square kilometer in Europe
8. How many hours do Asians sleep on average?
9. How many years, on average, do Asians spend in school?
10. How much do Asian countries spend on their military as a percentage of GDP?
11. This map shows countries that do not have direct access to the open sea (enclaves)
12. Number of billionaires by country in the world
13. This map shows the proportion of electricity generated from hydropower by country
14. The map shows the height of the Earth's forests, from seedlings to trees over 50 meters high, across the Earth
15. This map shows the countries of Europe with the percentage of votes for right-wing parties
16. Europe and America on the same latitude
17. Grizzly bears in modern and historical habitat
Statistics may vary. For professionals looking for confirmation of their calculations and assumptions in these data, it is lively and visual. And for ordinary readers who are not connected with the collection of sociological and other statistical data, it is boring and callous.
And although the general visual statistical sections are not an accurate reflection of the real movements taking place in society or do not show, with an accuracy of thousandths, the percentage ratio of certain historical, political and other diverse phenomena, it is more interesting to read them when the data is neatly grouped on maps and is easy to understand. even a child.
On these maps you will find interesting information and country statistics. You may not need this knowledge for an exam at an institute or when applying for a job, but for a general understanding of unexpected, but extremely interesting things, our statistical selection is what you need! So let's go!
Attention! The maps presented below are not true in the last resort, since the authors of the maps were based on unpublished sources and we cannot vouch for their veracity. But nevertheless, the information is interesting, pleasant viewing!
18. This map shows countries that have been directly attacked or interfered with by US troops since the end of the Cold War.
19. What is the favorite alcoholic drink of South Americans?
Answer: beer, spirits, wine.
20. This chart shows the share of the monthly salary required to fill 60 liters of gasoline in selected countries
21. Visualization of which countries people drink the most beer - Germany or the Czech Republic are not ahead
22. How much land does the US military own in each state?
23. The movement of polar bears, which was tracked by GPS
24. Wheat is a staple food for millions of people around the world.
25. This map shows confirmed cases of monkeypox per million inhabitants in each country.
26. Malaria was common in half the countries of the world - it has since been eliminated in many regions
27. This chart shows cargo and tanker ships in the North Sea on June 9, 2022 from 9:00 am to 10:00 am (CET)
28. This chart shows the EU countries with the highest gross public debt as a share of GDP in 2021
29. Major cities at significant risk of a real estate bubble
30. European LNG terminals, 2022
31. The most common female names in European countries
32. Let's also look at the strong side of the population and their names
33. But the most common surnames
34. "Which state is the biggest threat to world peace?" - the answers of the countries to the question are quite unambiguous
It seems that the United States has no competitors in the rejection of this country by the inhabitants of other countries.
35. The most common languages after the official language in Europe
36. Map of the distribution of Turkic languages in countries and areas where they are used
On the map, colors are used to represent the different language groups of the Turkic language.
37. On this map, countries are marked in red, the economy of which is weaker than the economy of Istanbul (the largest city in Turkey)!
38. What types of sockets and plugs are used in the world, shown in this infographic
39. The tallest men in Europe live ...
According to a survey among European countries, men with the highest average height are in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Armenia has the lowest men.
40. Map of Europe showing which countries foreigners are most likely to be born in and what citizenship they are
41. Countries and their populations in Europe in 1803
42. Map of Europe showing the year in which the monarchy fell
In countries marked in dark red on the map, the monarchy still exists.
43. On this map, we see in which country how many military personnel
44. Obesity world map
Russia, if you look at this infographic, is somewhere between 20% and 30%. Not the smallest percentage of overweight people in the world.
45. Territories where lions lived in the past and where they live now
Red shows the territories in which lions lived; blue - lands where they can still be found. Gray areas are places where lions have never lived.
46. Distribution map of 12/24-hour clock format in the world
47. On this map, you can track when McDonald's first arrived in a particular country