Below we have collected both simple and difficult questions and answers to them for the Lord of the Rings quiz. Test your knowledge of one of the most famous fantasy worlds in the world of cinema. Whether you've watched the trilogy or read the books, simple Tolkien-themed questions will take you back to the homeland of Middle-earth once again. Once again!
This a quiz for those who knows what hobbits are
Tell us in the comments how many questions and answers from the quiz were a surprise or discovery for you. Have you learned anything new? Be sure to let us know!
So, good luck!
1. Who is the One Father of all?
Answer: Eru Ilúvatar.
2. What does Gandalf destroy after the Battle of the Hornburg?
Answer: The Staff of Saruman.
3. How many Great Rings have been given to the human race?
Answer: Nine rings.
4. In The Fellowship of the Ring, does the Witch-king easily dodge whose torch?
5. To whom did Aragorn bow after his coronation?
Answer: Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin.
6. Which woman was Sam talking about in Green Dragon?
Answer: Rosie Cotton.
7. What is the name of the elven character with blond hair and blue eyes who was an accurate archer with a refined appearance?
8. Name the last war against the armies of Mordor.
Answer: War of the Last Alliance of humans and elves.
9. What year of the Second Age is Gandalf talking about in the scene "The Story of Isildur"?
10. Who in Amon Hen tried to take the ring from Frodo?
11. Who said: "Even the wisest cannot foresee everything"?
12. In the War of the Ring, which forest does Saruman order the orcs to cut down?
Answer: Fangorn Forest.
13. What are the names of the wolf-like animals that attack Theoden and his men?
14. What was the name of Sam's favorite pony?
15. What was the name of the elven character, the Sindarin elf from the Forest Kingdom?
16. What is the name of Frodo the gardener?
Answer: Samwise Gamgee.
17. What is the name of the fictional metal from which Frodo's mail is made?
18. What was the name of Boromir's brother, who died on the way to Mordor when the Fellowship broke up?
19. Which actor plays the role of Bilbo?
Answer: Ian Holm.
20. What is the name of Gimli's father?
21. What is the name of Gandalf's horse?
22. Who were the nine heroes of the Fellowship of the Ring who represented the Free Peoples of Middle-earth?
Answer: Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Aragorn, Boromir, Frodo, Sam, Merry and Pippin.
23. On what date did Bilbo celebrate his 111th birthday?
Answer: September 22, 3001.
24. What was the name of the ancient sword that cut the Ring of Omnipotence from the hand of Sauron?
25. Where was the Fangorn forest?
Answer: Under the southeastern Misty Mountains.
26. What kind of bread do Sam and Frodo eat at the beginning of The Two Towers?
Answer: Lembas bread.
27. Which actor plays the role of Frodo?
Answer: Elijah Wood.
28. What was the name of the inn in Bree village?
Answer: Prancing Pony.
29. Who does Aragorn call to the stone of Erech?
Answer: Army of the Dead.
30. Who said the phrase: “The magician is never late, Frodo Baggins, and never comes early; He always shows up when he's supposed to."
Answer: Gandalf the Grey.
31. Who carries Pippin away, mistaking him for the Keeper of the Ring?
32. What was Mount Doom really called?
Answer: Amon Amarth.
33. Why didn't Sauron destroy Mount Doom?
Answer: He believed that no one would want or be able to destroy the Ring.
34. What is the name of Arwen's father?
35. What does the name Arwen mean?
Answer: "Royal maid".
36. In what year of the Third Age did Arwen meet Aragorn?
37. How did Arwen die?
Answer: Because of a broken heart.
38. Whose life did Pippin save by telling Gandalf of Denethor's madness?
39. Who did Pippin meet and befriend in Gondor?
40. Who did Pippin marry?
Answer: Brilliant from Deep Gulch.
41. What character says: “I would rather share one mortal life with you than live through all the ages of the world”?
42. Who was Sam talking to when he said, “The people in these stories had a lot of chances to turn back, but they didn’t”?
43. Who freed King Theoden from the spell of Saruman?
44. What marks the end of the Third Age?
Answer: The Third Age ended when Sauron was killed after the destruction of the Ring of Omnipotence.
45. During Bilbo's birthday party, who was charged with washing the dishes for stealing fireworks from Gandalf?
Answer: Merry and Pippin.
46. Who gave Frodo Baggins the Phial of Galadriel?
Answer: Queen of the Elves Galadriel.
47. Who did Sam end up marrying?
Answer: Rose Cotton.
48. Which armies participated in the Battle of Isengard, also known as the Fall of Isengard?
Answer: Ents against the forces of Sauron.
49. What are the names of the two fortresses?
Answer: Minas Tirith and Minas Morgul.
50. What frightened the orcs in the Mines of Moria?
51. Name Lord and Lady Caras Galadon.
Answer: Lord Celeborn and Lady Galadriel.
52. Who, even on his day off, always rode a horse to practice riding and make friends with his horse?
53. When the elves leave Middle-earth in The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, where do they go?
Answer: Undying Lands/Valinor.
54. Name the right hand of Sauron.
Answer: The Witch-king of Angmar.
55. What animals sometimes tickle Treebeard?
Answer: Field mice.
56. What particular instrument did the composer choose to emphasize the Sméagol/Gollum theme?
57. What is the name of the volcano where the film "Mount Doom" was filmed?
Answer: Mount Tongariro.
58. What place in Middle-earth is famous for its horses?
59. Which of these movie characters is not in Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings novels?
60. He was the only member of the Fellowship whose boat sank twice while filming and rehearsing the boat scenes in The Fellowship of the Ring.
Answer: Legolas Greenleaf.
61. “He goes to ___ ___. Soon he will become a ghost like them."
Answer: The world of shadows.
62. Who said: “There is no life in the void, only death!”?
63. Who plays Peregrine Took?
Answer: Billy Boyd.
64. What in The Two Towers provokes Treebeard to attack Isengard?
Answer: Destroyed forest.
65. On what day does Frodo wake up and find himself in Rivendell?
Answer: October 24th.
66. Where does Deagol first find the ring?
Answer: River bed.
67. In The Fellowship of the Ring, Frodo passes into the world of shadows after being run through by the Witch-king with a Morgul blade. What does Aragorn use to slow down the poison?
68. In The Fellowship of the Ring: Expanded Edition, Bilbo is talking to the mother of several children. What was her name?
Answer: Mrs. Bracegirdle.
69. What forest was known to be the last dwelling place of the Ents and Huorns?
Answer: Fangorn Forest.
70. What are the names of the huge animals that Frodo, Sam and Gollum see in The Two Towers?
71. Sam is in love with me, and I am secretly in love with him! Who am I?
72. Who gave Frodo Baggins the Ring of Power?
Answer: He inherited it from Bilbo.
73. What character did Frodo fight bravely to protect the Ring of Power?
74. Bilbo and Frodo, they are related, what?
75. Why did Gandalf choose Bilbo Baggins to help the dwarves?
Answer: The reasons are unknown.
76. What were Gandalf and Frodo riding at the beginning of the movie?
Answer: Gandalf's wagon.
77. Where was the Ring of Omnipotence forged?
Answer: In the flames of Mount Orodruin.
78. When was The Fellowship of the Ring released?
79. Who wrote the music for the first film in the trilogy?
Answer: Howard Shore.
80. When was the movie The Two Towers released?
81. What is the name of the giant spider in The Return of the King?
82. Who kills Grima?
83. Who tells Aragorn about the Black Ships?
Answer: Gandalf and Elrond.
84. Who voices Fangorn, also known as Treebeard?
Answer: John Rhys-Davies.
85. What were the names of the evil rulers who tried to take possession of all Middle-earth?
Answer: The Dark Lord.
86. Who met Frodo at the edge of the Shire at the beginning of his journey from home?
Answer: Gildor Inglorion.
87. Which actor plays Jolly Brandybuck?
Answer: Dominic Monaghan.
88. What character did Peter Jackson portray as the hero of a monomyth that was not in the books?
89. Which actor played Samwise Gamgee?
Answer: Sean Astin.
90. Who does Christopher Lee play in the movies?
91. What character does Andy Serkis play?
92. What is the Elvish word for "friend"?
93. Where was Helm's Deep?
Answer: In the White Mountains below Trihirn.
94. Name a friend and cousin of Gollum.
95. What battle took place at Helm's Deep?
Answer: Battle of the Hornburg.
96. What is the uniqueness of Orodruin?
Answer: It was the only place in the world where the Ring could be destroyed.
97. How many years did Gollum own the ring?
Answer: 478 years.
98. How old was Gollum when he died?
Answer: 589 years.
99. What is another name for Gollum?
100. What race does Gimli belong to?
101. Why was Gimli chosen as a member of the Brotherhood?
Answer: Represent your race.
102. Where was Pippin captured by orcs?
Answer: Part Galen.
103. Who is the father of Galadriel?
104. Whom did Galadriel marry?
105. Which of the rings did Galadriel have?
106. When was Galadriel forbidden to return to Valinor?
Answer: At the end of the First Age.
107. Which actor played Gandalf?
Answer: Ian McKellen.
108. Where is director Peter Jackson from?
Answer: New Zealand.
109. What is the secret password in Elvish that caused the Gate to open?
Answer: "Say 'friend' and come in."
110. What did the goblins call Thorin's elven sword?
111. What was the most successful film in the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
Answer: Return of the King.
112. How many Oscars has the Lord of the Rings trilogy won?
Answer: 17 out of 30 nominated films.
113. What movie franchise was heavily influenced by the Lord of the Rings trilogy?
Answer: Star Wars.
114. What alias does Frodo use when he leaves the Shire?
Answer: Mr Underhill.
115. What do Tolkien fans call themselves?
116. When was The Fellowship of the Ring first published?
Answer: July 29, 1954.
117. What is the name of the demon in Tolkien's Middle Earth?
118. How many Oscars did The Fellowship of the Ring win?
119. What ancient dagger is known to have been made by Telchar of Nogrod?
120. Where was the Hobbiton Village set filmed?
Answer: On the slopes of Waikato, Matamata (Northern New Zealand).