Funny memes as residents of Rotterdam are going to throw eggs on Bezos' yacht, for which the bridge will be dismantled
Residents of the Dutch city of Rotterdam are planning to throw rotten eggs on the Y721 superyacht of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos when it passes the historic Koningshaven bridge, the structure must be specially dismantled for this.
On the event page, Rotterdamers are asked to bring a package of rotten eggs or tomatoes to throw at Bezos' yacht. The event is scheduled for June 1, more than 17 thousand people are already interested in it, of which almost 4 thousand are going to come to the bridge. “Rotterdam was built from rubble by residents and we can’t just take it apart for the phallic symbol of a megalomaniac billionaire. Not without a fight! — wrote the organizer of the event, Pablo Strörmann.
Last week, city officials announced the partial removal of the bridge to allow Bezos' $485 million yacht, which is 40 meters high, to pass into the sea. It is expected that the dismantling will take several weeks and will take place in the summer, and the structure will be restored in its current form at the expense of the billionaire. At the same time, the mayor of Rotterdam, Ahmed Abutaleb, said that a final decision had not yet been made.
Koningshaven Bridge was built in the 19th century, it was restored after the bombings during the Second World War, and in 2000 the object was declared a historical monument. After a major overhaul in 2017, the local council promised that the bridge would never be taken down again.
2.Float it under the bridge
4.Suffering of the billionaires
Dutch defenders of old architecture have said they will throw rotten eggs on Jeff Bezos' superyacht if Rotterdam City Hall decides to dismantle part of the 140-year-old Koningshaven (De Hef) bridge, reports De Havenloods. The city is considering temporarily dismantling one of the sections of the iconic metal structure so that Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' new Y721 sailing superyacht can safely overcome this so far impenetrable barrier on its water transportation route.
The rotten egg idea came from an activist named Pablo Strörmann. Ready in case of something to join the protest in this form, he is looking for in Facebook.
“Rotterdam has actually been rebuilt from rubble by locals and we are not going to just let it be taken apart for the sake of a phallic symbol of a megalomaniac billionaire,” Strörmann wrote on the social network with a determined attitude.
At the time of publication of the news, Strörmann's call was of interest to 13,750 people. They agree with Bezos, the initiator of the besieging of the yacht, that having a huge fortune does not give the right to do everything only in accordance with their desires.
7.Build bridges in America
Last week, the mayor of Rotterdam denied reports that a final decision had already been made on the temporary dismantling of the bridge, which was overhauled in 2017. However, Jeff Bezos, as the owner of the yacht and its builder Oceanco, even if they changed their mind and did not insist on dismantling the bridge section, has no alternative course of action. Oceanco built the yacht upriver in the town of Alblasserdam, and from there there is no other route capable of taking the giant ship to the sea.
Part of a historic bridge in the Netherlands will be dismantled to allow the superyacht built for Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to cross the river that runs through Rotterdam, city officials said Thursday.
The middle section of the 95-year-old Koningshaven Bridge will be dismantled this summer to allow a sailing yacht to pass, a spokeswoman for the city of Rotterdam said. The bridge, known as "De Hef", will then be rebuilt, possibly on the same day.
According to a spokesman, Bezos' yacht must pass under all other bridges in Rotterdam. They didn't have an estimate of how much the deconstruction would cost, but she said the shipbuilder would pay, not the people of Rotterdam. There will be no structural changes to the bridge.
Amazon representatives did not respond to requests for comment on the price or destination of the yacht. A spokeswoman for Oceanco, the Dutch yacht company that builds the boat, said in an email Thursday that she could not comment on projects under construction or clients due to privacy concerns.
Boat International, which publishes articles on the superyacht industry, said the 417-foot sailboat will be the largest sailing yacht in the world when completed later this year, surpassing Sea Cloud, a 360-foot sailing vessel built in 1931 and owned by Yacht Portfolio, an investment company based in Malta.
10.We are in the same boat
Mister. Bezos is the second richest person in the world, after Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
The bridge, which is 130 feet long, is not currently in use. Rotterdam tour guide Eddy Le Couvreur said the bridge, designed by Dutch architect Peter Josting and anchored on the Rotterdam skyline, was once used for rail traffic. A vertical drawbridge, it was the first of its kind in the Netherlands and was copied from designs in the United States. The modern industrial aesthetic of the bridge inspired a short film in 1928, he said.
So far, tall ships have passed under the bridge before the masts and taller structures are assembled, he said.
Dennis Tuck, a Labor Party member of the Rotterdam City Council, said he was not opposed to removing the bridge as Mr. Bezos was paying for it - because of the jobs that were to be done on the bridge. “This is a great way for the city to take some of its money,” he said. So said.
This structure is more than just a bridge for the people of Rotterdam,” said Siebe Thyssen, author of The Boy Who Jumped from the Bridge, about a working-class man who jumped off the bridge in 1933. “This is a monument. ," he said. "That's the personality of Rotterdam."
There were big protests when city officials tried to demolish the bridge in the 1990s because it was no longer in use, he said. According to him, the bridge is a reminder of the old days in Rotterdam.
"I think that's why there's so much confusion around Jeff Bezos and his boat," he said, before turning to the allegations against Amazon. "People say, 'Why this guy?' It's a working city, and they all know that Jeff Bezos exploits his workers, of course, so people say, "Why can this guy take down the bridge for his boat?"
As of Thursday, about 500 Facebook users have said they will take part in an event called "Egg Throwing at Jeff Bezos' Superyacht," where they gather at the bridge to throw eggs at the boat. The person listed as the organizer of the event did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Mr. Le Couvreur, who works for Tours by Locals, which connects tourists with local guides, said Rotterdam residents are likely to receive international attention and watch the spectacle. “On the other hand, it shows the unimaginable wealth that people like Bezos have created for themselves, that nothing can stop them from fulfilling their dreams and passions. Worlds, except for those who will watch the ship pass through the city.
11.The king has to pass
13.Are you sure?
15.Smaller support yacht
18.Park my boat in the boat
19.Buy the bridge
20.End world hunger
22.Compensating for something
23.Too damn high
26.Tax the Rich
27.Super Yacht manufactures
29.Enough of this dude
The modern world is literally overflowing with thematic literature on self-knowledge, and Internet publications daily publish excerpts from scientific articles by specialists: psychology is increasingly becoming the subject of our interest. After all, each of us wants to be in harmony with our own “I”, make the most of the possibilities of the mind and build harmonious relationships with friends and loved ones. Bemorepanda prepared for you 50 entertaining facts that will help you understand yourself and better understand the people around you.
Human psychology - internal features that distinguish one person from another.
Each of us has our own characteristics: a different amount of memory and a different reaction rate, since childhood, boys love to play with cars and fight, girls play with dolls and slander, with age, we all change values and interests.
Human psychology includes his abilities, skills, including managing his emotions, his worldview, attitudes and beliefs, his self-image, his goals and values, character and temperament , needs and such different feelings ...
"From below" human psychology is determined by the genetics of a person, the structure and pattern of his body, "from above" - by the social environment in which a person socializes, from where he takes patterns of behavior that somehow builds and educates him.
Human psychology is also the internal causes of human behavior, making it go beyond logic, expediency or reasonable social expectations. When a person's behavior is rational and expedient, fits into the social framework and logic, the question of psychology is not raised. It is not lifted by people with a business approach. For people who love to talk about psychology, there is always a reason for this.
And when something does not fit into the rational, when states, feelings and other unpredictable internal features begin to influence a person's behavior, a conversation begins about psychology - human psychology.
Human psychology can be studied scientifically (this is what psychology as a science does), or it can be described mystical, esoteric, or simply worldly: then we get a mystical, religious, worldly psychology.
For a large number of people "psychology" is a favorite pastime. Such people who are keen on psychology are looking for psychological content and psychological background where there is no “psychology” at the level of common sense.
"Sometimes a banana is just a banana" - as Sigmund Freud explained to his little daughter...
1. The smarter a person is, the more often he is not sure of his own beliefs.
2. If after communicating with a specific person you experience negative emotions and feel an unpleasant aftertaste, you have dealt with a toxic person.
3. A signature can tell a lot about a person. For example, the larger your signature, the higher your self-esteem.
4. When the company is filled with laughter, everyone looks at the one he likes the most.
5. Addressing people by their name, you have them more to yourself and increase the degree of trust in your own person.
6. 80% of people meet their future spouses at the age of 16.
7. Most of us suffer from phantom vibration syndrome: it seems that the mobile phone is vibrating, when in fact the device does not make any sound.
8. It takes only 4 minutes for a person to fall in love.
9. According to the law of polarity, opposites attract: we are inevitably attracted to people with opposite qualities.
10. The wiser a person is, the less often he gives advice. (Be wary of people who give you too many unsolicited recommendations.)
11. Our hearts have nothing to do with the feeling of being "in love", it's just a chemical reaction taking place in the brain.
12. Finding your true calling requires taking action. Follow your beliefs and they will lead you to your goal.
13. Our brain has a negative bias and tends to remember bad memories more than good ones.
14. If you fixate on problems, there will be more problems. When you focus on opportunities, more opportunities will appear.
15. You make a lasting first impression within 5 seconds of how you look, how you talk, and what you say.
16. A good way to focus is to mentally talk to yourself while doing a task.
17. People who regularly help others are significantly happier and less likely to get depressed as they get older.
18. People who walk fast are usually more confident and happy than those who walk at a slow pace.
19. A woman will only argue with someone she truly cares about. Less controversy means less interest.
20. Energetic music stimulates brain waves that improve concentration even after you stop listening to it.
21. Dog owners laugh more often than cat owners and people who don't have pets.
22. If you expect something in return for your noble deeds, you are far from being a good person.
23. People who tend to have their head in the clouds are usually better at coping with complex problems.
24. We are subconsciously more attracted to people who have the same taste in music.
25. You are more likely to achieve your goals if you keep them to yourself.
26. Lies require more mental effort than the truth. When we tell a lie, we involuntarily wonder if it will fit our common “legend”, and we also worry about the impact even the smallest lie will have on our lives, relationships, and authority. Honesty has almost no negative consequences.
27. Watching a Harrowing Movie Makes People Think Deeper: Research at Ohio State University found that watching a movie tragedy makes people take a closer look at their lives and relationships.
28. People who think they are being watched usually behave better: as a rule, the presence of "others" encourages us to do the "right" things in order to gain "social" recognition and approval.
29. Waking up on the wrong side of the bed affects our happiness. A 2011 study found that those who sleep on the left side (if standing at the foot of the bed) are happier than those who sleep on the right.
30. Placebo can have the same effect as real treatments. Recent studies have shown that the placebo effect can lead to real biological changes, and this fact can turn the world of medicine upside down.
31. People need only one thing to be happy - to focus on what they have in the moment, and not worry about what they do not have or may never have.
32. Often the best way to attract someone is to stop paying attention to them.
33. Never worry about someone not loving you for who you are. Because there will always be someone who will love you for the same reason.
34. Often people do not listen to understand - they are waiting for their turn to speak.
35. People with low self-esteem tend to put others down.
36. Those who play video games are much more likely to have lucid dreams.
37. Mental activity also burns calories.
38. Death is the second thing people fear the most. The first is the fear of failure.
39. Chocolate and shopping can be more addictive than drugs.
40. Women with higher IQs have a harder time finding a partner.
41. People look more attractive when they talk about things they are really interested in.
42. The average time that women can keep a secret is 48 hours.
43. When someone cries with happiness, the first tear falls from the right eye. Tears of pain, as a rule, begin to flow from the left.
44. 95% of the time when people say they want to ask a question, you replay in your head all the bad things you've done recently.
45. Smart people tend to underestimate themselves, while ignorant people think they are great.
46. Writing down negative things and throwing them in the trash is a psychological trick that can improve your mood.
47. Once you accept your flaws, no one can use them against you.
48. When you stop associating with unnecessary people, good things will begin to happen in your life, and this will not be a coincidence.
49. People's favorite topic is themselves. So if you want someone to like you, talk about their persona.
50. You can die from a broken heart. It's called broken heart syndrome.
51. Women blink about 2 times less than men.
52. The composition of the human body includes only 4 minerals: apatite, aragonite, calcite and cristobalite.
53. A real passionate kiss causes the same chemical reactions in the brain as skydiving and firing a gun.
54. Men are considered dwarfs with a height below 130 cm, women - below 120 cm.
55. Fingernails grow about 4 times faster than toenails.
56. People with blue eyes are more sensitive to pain than everyone else.
57. Nerve impulses in the human body move at a speed of about 90 meters per second.
58. In the human brain, 100,000 chemical reactions occur in one second.
59. Babies are born without kneecaps. They appear only at the age of 2-6 years.
60. If one of the identical twins is missing one or another tooth, as a rule, the same tooth is missing in the other twin.
At Romanian and Moldovan customs, Ukrainian children cry for fathers left at home to defend the country
Tens of thousands of families in Ukraine are simultaneously experiencing the drama of war and partition, after Kiev authorities enacted martial law and banned men who could defend their country from crossing borders. They remained to face the enemy, but they sent their families across the border, with tears in their eyes and broken hearts. In Romania and Moldova, thousands of women have been crossing the border for almost 24 hours, alone or in groups, accompanied by elderly parents or babies and children.
The drama of a Ukrainian who embraces his daughter only a few years old, whom he sends away from the war with only his mother, has been repeated in Ukraine hundreds and thousands of times. Adult men capable of fighting can no longer leave the country after the president introduced martial law.
Nazar is 13 years old. His mother fled Ukraine alone with him and his younger sister. The father remained in the country. Here is a conversation between him and a reporter.
Reporter: What did he tell you before you left?
Nazar, Ukrainian refugee: He told me everything would be fine. And to send him pictures.
Nazar spoke with a knot in his throat about the separation of the family.
Reporter: What is your father doing now?
Nazar: He's a medical technician, but now he's helping the military if they're injured.
Reporter: Was he in the Army before?
Nazar: No, he wasn't in the military before.
He hopes to stay with his mother and sister in Poland, where they will stay with a family of friends, only temporarily.
Reporter: What would you have done instead of your father?
Nazar: I think I would have done the same.
Reporter: Would you have fought?
A young Ukrainian woman took her two-year-old daughter and came on foot to Moldova. She managed to get in on Thursday night. This morning, people with dramatic stories continued to cross the border. A woman left Ukraine with only her one-year-old daughter and mother. They crossed the border on foot. My brother and father stayed in the country. With tears in his eyes, he tells how he lived his last night in his homeland.
Reporter: Are you afraid for them?
Woman from Ukraine: Yes, sure! I was scared, there were bombings near us last night. I was scared.
Hundreds of women alone or accompanied only by children, many brought in arms, in carts or on foot, if they are older than a few years, have crossed the border into Romania and Moldova.
Reporter: Are you alone?
Woman from Ukraine: My father went to fight for the country. My son is in Europe, in Germany. I'm alone now.
Reporter: Was it hard to leave your husband there?
Woman from Ukraine: Yes, very difficult.
Reporter: You have tears in your eyes.
Woman from Ukraine: Yes, I'm crying. I hope everything will be fine. We ask you to help us, to pray for Ukraine.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Women and men are two opposites, two parallel, but at the same time, inseparable worlds.
Celebrating this holiday, let's not forget that admiration for a woman is not only admiration for her beauty and kindness, but, first of all, a tribute to a working woman, a manifestation of real concern for her.
When you think about what befell our women in the last centuries, it is both breathtaking and a lump comes to the throat: this is a great fate - great in happiness and great in tragedy. They survived the war, got an education, stood on a par with men in the construction of a new state and a new national economy, gave birth and, together with their country, brought up new generations of defenders and builders. Injustice sipped during the years of repression. And then they stood next to their husbands, brothers and sons during the years of the invasions and defended their state - at anti-aircraft guns, at the controls of aircraft, in medical battalions, at walkie-talkies and traffic controllers on military roads, in partisan detachments and underground, behind machine tools, in design bureaus , on the collective farm fields and so on.
The women's holiday began to "split up", Valentine's Day, Mother's Day appeared, they started talking about analogies even in the church calendar.
A special Mother's Day is good, but not as an alternative to Women's Day, but in addition to it. The understanding that we are talking about the one who is called to be a wife and mother, repeat this again, cannot and should not be removed from the image of a woman honored on Women's Day, from our, masculine, attitude towards her in principle. Especially from the attitude of our sons and grandchildren towards her, including when it comes to their peers.
Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about International women's Day 2022.
1. In Portugal, women celebrate March 8 exclusively in the company of their friends, arranging bachelorette parties. Men are not allowed to attend such meetings.
2. The meaning of the holiday has changed more than once. Moreover, many women still understand the meaning of March 8 in different ways. But traditionally it was a celebration of the women's struggle for gender equality and the advancement of women around the world.
3. An analogue of March 8 was celebrated in ancient Rome. There is evidence that back then there was a special day when women received gifts, and slaves could rest.
4. In India, Women's Day is celebrated in October, and it lasts for about 10 days.
5. But in Japan, almost the entire month of March is devoted to holidays for women. This list includes not only International Women's Day, but also holidays of dolls, peach blossoms and girls.
6. The 2015 UN Women's Report found that despite women working longer than men, when taking into account both paid and unpaid work, women worldwide still earn on average 24% less than men. The largest wage gap, 33%, is found in South Asia.
It is unlikely that anyone will object to honoring believing women on the third Sunday after Easter, the Sunday of the Holy Myrrh-bearing Women, but one cannot fail to understand that the vector of the feeling honored on this holiday is different: from women to the One who came into our world in the form of a man. If we talk about the moment of the Gospel story, which most conveys the sacredness of the relationship to a woman and mother, then these are the words spoken by Jesus Christ at the dying moment, addressed to the Virgin Mary: "Woman! behold, your son." Note, not a brother in Christ, but a son; not a sister, but a mother. Moreover, we are talking about a personal call, not to all those of the students who were present at the execution, but only to one of them. And to Her - not about all of them, but only one of them, the one to whom Christ commanded a very important thing: to take Her into his house.
So on Women's Day on 8th March, let's hug all our wonderful grandmothers, mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, beloved women, and delight them with beautiful bouquets and gifts dear to their hearts! We will remember those of our dear women who are no longer with us, we will put flowers to their portrait. Congratulations to all our fair sex colleagues at work. Mentally - and whoever can, and personally - we will pay tribute to our truly great contemporaries.
And most importantly: when celebrating this "holiday of admiration for women", let's not forget that admiration for a woman is not only admiration for her beauty and kindness, but, first of all, a tribute to a working woman (by the way, they are not only in age, but also young), a woman-keeper of the hearth, a manifestation of real concern for her!
7. Despite the UN Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women, adopted back in 1993, today one in three women worldwide is the victim of physical or sexual violence, which is usually committed by a close intimate partner.
8. Last year, UNICEF reported that more than 500 million women and girls around the world do not have access to private sanitary facilities where they can monitor their menstrual hygiene. That's half a billion women and girls around the world who are unable to meet their basic needs.
9. According to UNICEF, in 2013, about 31 million girls of primary school age and 32 million girls of primary school age were unable to attend school.
10. Originally called International Working Women's Day, the holiday was first observed on 28 February. Women continued to celebrate it on the last Sunday of February until 1913. The first modern International Women's Day was held on March 8 in 1914. The date was chosen because that year March 8 fell on a Sunday when most women did not work, allowing them to participate in marches and other activities. Since then, the holiday has been celebrated on this day.
11. Previously, instead of flowers, sweets or teddy bears, women were awarded diplomas and awards. Different countries, cities and republics have different traditions and holidays.
12. In one of the republics on this bright holiday, the fallen heroes are honored, this republic is called Liberia.
13. Japan has amazing traditions, this country is unique in its holidays. There in March they celebrate 2 holidays for all women. Hina Matsuri, as well as Girls' Day and Peach Blossom.
14. In Italy, it is impossible to fully enjoy the atmosphere of this holiday, as its inhabitants go to work on this day.
15. Women's Day was celebrated in ancient Rome. And, as expected, with gifts and congratulations. The Romans gave presents to spouses, and slaves received a day off.
16. Women speak about 20,000 words a day, which is 13,000 more than men.
17. The 20 richest women in the world inherited money from their father or husband.
18. The average British woman has 19 pairs of shoes but only wears 7.
19. 40% of births in the US are by unmarried women.
20. Women spend almost a year of their lives thinking about what to wear.
21. On average, women cry 30-64 times a year, and men 6-17 times.
22. Israel is the only country in the world where women are called up for military service.
23. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.
24. . Women have more taste buds than men.
25. Only 2% of women consider themselves beautiful.
26. In 1900, women took part in the Olympic Games for the first time.
27. Women in Niger have an average of 7 children, the highest in the world.
28. Women live longer than men, in part because their immune systems age more slowly.
29. In the US, 30% of businesses are owned by women.
30. The UAE has the largest gender imbalance in the world, with only 100 women for every 219 men in the country.
31. All the women in the world earn $18 trillion and spend $28 trillion!
32. There are 603 million women in countries where domestic violence is not a crime.
33. 80% of those who bought a Fifty Shades of Gray book are women.
34. The only country in the world named after a woman is the island nation of Saint Lucia, which was discovered by Columbus on December 13, 1502 on Saint Lucia's Day.
35. A British study found that the average woman is on a diet for 17 years of her life.
36. Mental bonds in girls begin to form earlier than in boys in childhood and adolescence. That is why women have more developed thought processes and emotional spheres than men.
37. Caligynephobia, also known as venustraphobia, is nothing more than a fear of beautiful women. As a rule, young men suffer from it, and most often this phobia of beauties disappears at an older age, but nevertheless, not all men manage to defeat it even in adulthood.
38. Spasmodic pains in the lower abdomen during menstruation in women can be as strong as in all people during a heart attack. This condition is known as dysmenorrhea, which, just imagine, affects millions of women every month.
39. Women are known to speak 13,000 more words a day than men. Girlfriends, neighbors, work colleagues - well, how can you resist and not say a word.
40. Scientists have conducted studies among women who regularly use lipstick.
41. Women blink about twice as often as men. This seems to be where the expression "blink your eyes" comes from.
42. Ada Lovelace was the first programmer in history. She is best known for the fact that she created a description of a computer, however, the project was developed by a man, Charles Babbage. But she wrote the first program for this machine and introduced the terms "cycle" and "work cell".
43. Women are better than men at remembering where certain things are. How often does your husband ask you to help him find socks, ties or shirts in his own closet? So think after that, who has a better memory.
44. On the street, women tend to focus on buildings and signs, while men use directions and distances to describe paths. Therefore, a woman is more likely to say, "Go straight to the lingerie store, then turn right until you reach the bridge." A man will say differently: “You need to drive 5 km to the north, then turn east on Svoboda Street and continue driving in this direction for another 4 km.”
45. Girls have 11% more neurons than boys in the brain centers that are responsible for language and hearing.
46. Women are better than men at distinguishing shades of colors. Therefore, blue and dark blue are two completely different shades, not to mention pink, purple, purple or mauve.
47. Girls develop fine motor skills earlier than boys. This lends scientific support to the stereotype that women have neater handwriting. And by the way, representatives of both sexes generally write differently.
48. Men's noses are 10% larger than women's. This is due to the fact that men tend to have more muscle mass and require more oxygen, which means that their nostrils are enlarged. The size difference begins to show around age 11, when boys develop muscle and girls develop fat.
49. Compared to men, women have weaker ligaments, so they are more flexible and easier to sit on the splits, for example.
50. Women's skin is much thinner than men's, depletes collagen earlier, and is therefore more prone to wrinkles. In addition, this notorious collagen in the strong half of humanity has a higher density, so they look young much longer.