In February 2022, the 2022 Super Bowl will take place - the final of the National Football League.
Ahead of the match, which is just some days away, the NFL has announced a roster of performers who will play during halftime.
The audience will be entertained by four famous rappers - Dr. Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Kendrick Lamar. Also on stage will be the hip-hop singer Mary J. Blige.
This is the final game of the American football season between the two best teams in the United States. At the same time, it is the most rated event of the year on American television, which gathers the maximum audience from television screens. The Super Bowl is not only watched by sports fans, because it is one of the main events of modern pop culture.
Every year, on the first Sunday in February, the US hosts the final game of the National Football League - The Super Bowl. From a purely sporting event, the Superbowl has long turned into a super show. We tell the story of the best performances of this cup, which have become iconic in pop culture and fashion - from Carol Channing to The Weeknd.
Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about The Super Bowl 2022.
1. Super Bowl - in American football, the title of the final game for the title of champion of the National Football League (NFL) of the United States of America. The game and its attendant celebration over the years is Super Bowl Sunday.
2. Any holiday, in my opinion, is great: it is a good mood, emotions, meeting interesting people and friends (if you are watching a company) and a reason for discussion the next day. Well, in America they know how to decorate holidays beautifully and celebrate on a large scale.
3. During the break, the stadium turns into a large-scale concert venue. One star is putting on an amazing mini-concert!
4. Huge audience attracts advertisers' attention. During the Super Bowl, the most expensive and high-quality advertising in the world is shown - the cost of showing a 30-second video is $ 5 million. Film companies showcase exclusive trailers of the most anticipated films of the year.
5. At the same time there are 22 people on the field - 11 attacking players of one team against 11 defense players of the other. The task of attacking in 4 attempts to go 10 yards. In this case, the ball can be passed through the air or immediately run with it in hand. If you miss 10 yards in your available attempts, either give the ball to an opponent or kick the ball into the goal to score 3 points.
6. If the attack goes all the way and the player is in the end zone with the ball, this is called a touchdown and the team scores 6 points plus the chance to score one extra. The task of the defense, therefore, is to prevent the attack from passing all those yards.
7. The Denver Broncos are playing against the Carolina Panthers. For Denver, the main figure is 39-year-old quarterback Peyton Manning, one of America's most famous and respected athletes. For him, this is most likely the last game of his career and a chance to say goodbye to sports beautifully by winning the championship ring.
8. Carolina are a young and mischievous team with outstanding defense, having suffered only 1 defeat in 18 games of the season (including the playoffs). The leader is quarterback Cameron Newton, who will soon be named the best player of the regular season.
9. From the point of view of non-Americans, the hysteria around, in fact, a football match seems to be a surprising phenomenon.
10. The amazing thing is: Since 1967, when the National Football League and the American Football League began merging, the Super Bowl has grown in popularity until it has become a national phenomenon.
11. Now the final game of the season, during which the NFL champion is determined, in the United States has the character of a national holiday: fashionable department stores like Bergdorf Goodman decorate windows in her honor and come up with capsule collections, and Americans themselves sit en masse in front of TV screens - on the day of the final in the USA they buy and eat only slightly less food than they did on Thanksgiving.
12. The TV broadcast of the game is so popular that the match itself has been shifted over the years to the evening time, so that the breaks fall on Sunday prime time.
13. For this broadcast, brands of all stripes traditionally release separate commercials (one minute of airtime during the Super Bowl costs about $ 8 million) - this is how the first iPhone advertisement was shown for the first time, and this year the Tiffany & Co. campaign will be presented during the broadcast. starring Lady Gaga.
14. Falling into big news feeds, the fashion industry could not ignore such an event and throughout the existence of the Super Bowl systematically worked its way inside the football game. In the interval between the halves, since 1970, they have been organizing mini-concerts - a little less than 15 minutes, the so-called halftime performances, at which the most famous artists at the time of the game perform.
15. The next morning, the sports media talked about the score, and the rest of the media talked about the performances and costumes prepared by the fashion brand teams for the Super Bowl. We have selected the most iconic ones.
16. Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida attracted three times fewer people than usual. Due to antiquated measures, the performances had to be moved from the field to the stage installed in the stands (for the first time in the 55-year history of the Super Bowl!). However, even this did not stop them from staging a grand show. Super Bowl 2021 headliner The Weeknd was accompanied by poet Amanda Gorman, r'n'b singer Jazmine Sullivan, singer H.E.R. and Miley Cyrus.
17. Viewers first saw Cyrus performing a special TikTok Tailgate show in honor of the doctors (with a Tik Tok broadcast, of course).
18. On the stage, Miley appeared first in the form of a cheerleader by Michael Schmidt, and then in the interpretation of football equipment that Gucci designers created especially for Miley, by the way, the FTW inscription on the top stands for for the win.
19. To the delight of older viewers, rock legends Billy Idol and Joan Jett appeared on stage with Cyrus (they also worked with Miley on her last disc). After Miley, Amanda Gorman, the 22-year-old poet most of us knew about at Biden's inauguration, came up with a new poem about Americans fighting a pandemic. Amanda changed her Prada coat to a Moschino from the Spring 2021 collection, and a red rim for a pearl one. Star stylist Jason Bolden, who works with the main figures of American pop culture, from Alicia Keys to Serena Williams, gathered her for the ceremony (you can find out how his everyday life as a stylist goes on in Bolden's author's show on Netflix Styling Hollywood.
20. Although on the eve of the Super Bowl, The Weeknd complained that he did not have enough money to repeat the appearance of Diana Ross (in 1996, the singer landed at the stadium by helicopter), his appearance on the impromptu stage turned out to be no less spectacular.
21. The Weeknd decided not to deviate from the narrative set in 2020, and again used the image of Robert De Niro from "Casino" by Martin Scorsese. The outfit was in charge of Givenchy creative director Matthew Williams, who said it took 250 hours of work to create the rhinestone-studded jacket. But The Weeknd made it easier for the makeup artists - this time the singer went on stage without bandages on his face.
22. Dancers have appeared in them, and according to The Weeknd, this is a hairpin towards celebrities who change their appearance for public recognition. The performance has already been sold into memes, including because at the same time as The Weeknd there were thousands of his "clones" on stage - some fans decided that in the middle of the show Abel himself was a little confused.
23. J-Lo and Shakira's performance during the Super Bowl 2020 halftime ended just a few hours ago, and it is already being called one of the most spectacular shows in the history of halftime performances. Designer Peter Dundas was responsible for Shakira's costumes. One of them - a red crop top with Swarovski crystals and a transforming dress - has been compared on the Internet to the Gazelle outfit from the Zootopia cartoon, voiced by Shakira. Red, which is so popular on similar tracks, in the Super Bowl, on the contrary, was an exception. Oddly enough, the last time Diana Ross performed in such a dress on the show was back in 1996.
24. The choice of outfit for Jennifer Lopez was predictable. “When people think of Jennifer, they think of Versace,” said one of the singer's stylists, Mariel Hann. In just a 14-minute performance, J.Lo changed four outfits, while it took her only 8 seconds to change clothes for the longest time. So, during Jenny From The Block, she was in a leather jumpsuit with rivets (like she wore to concerts in the early 2000s), and Get Right sang in a sparkling bodysuit.
25. There were also political statements at the Super Bowl. So, for the finale of the performance, Jay Lo wore a voluminous cape of multi-colored feathers that form an American flag on the outside, and a Puerto Rican one from the inside.
26. Shakira's performance was regarded as an homage to Middle Eastern culture. The singer took the stage with the Colombian dance troupe Swing Latino (and performed a belly dance herself), and when she played the track My Hips Don’t Lie, she imitated the manner of Arab women to festively "hoot" with joy. True, not everyone understood the allusion - and so the singer became the main meme of the Super Bowl.
27. The end of the show was held under the auspices of girl power. Shakira and J. Lo sang Let’s Get Loud together - Lopez's hit from her 1999 debut album. And on stage they were joined by a chorus of girls led by the 11-year-old daughter Jennifer Lopez Emmy (American Vogue has already read her a great future).
28. The performance at the 2016 Super Bowl was discussed, firstly, because the game was jubilee - the fiftieth, and all the artists tried to make their performances as patriotic as possible.
29. The incident was that absolutely everything was decided to express love for the native country in the outfits of Italian designers: Lady Gaga was in Gucci, Bruno Mars - in Versace, Beyonce - in Dsquared2, and only Chris Martin's sneakers were American. Otherwise, the patriotic component of halftime performance was all right: for example, the costumes of Beyoncé dancers, which Zana Bane did, were an allusion to the uniforms of the Black Panthers, a radical political group that fought against the oppression of black Americans, and on the day before Super Bowl, the singer presented composition Formation and a clip for it (you yourself know what).
30. Jeremy Scott was responsible for the costumes of Perry: he came up with four extravagant (in some places even just weird) looks for the singer - from a beach ball costume to a dress of flames, in which Katy rode out onto the field, sitting astride a huge mechanical dog.
31. Scott is known for his commercial approach to fashion, and about the appearance of Moschino clothes at the Super Bowl he said honestly: "This is the most popular show of the year - it has more viewers than the Oscars!" As for Missy Elliott, in her case, the news feed was in her very appearance on the stage after a ten-year hiatus. Thanks to the Super Bowl, her album sales grew more than 900 percent in the week after the match.
32. Since 2012, bespoke clothing from big brands has become an important part of Super Bowl performances. For example, three years ago, the fashionable component of the performance split in two - on the one hand, there was Bruno Mars in a gold Yves Saint Laurent jacket, on the other - the opera singer Renee Fleming in a black Vera Wang dress made especially for her with white draperies.
33. According to Vera's plan, the dress was supposed to embody all the greatness of American culture, sit comfortably on Fleming and look good against the background of the orchestra. It seems that everything turned out, and in such a way that Rene did not want to donate the outfit to the museum later (in the end, she was persuaded).
34. The Super Bowl has had dozens of amazing performances, but Beyoncé is Beyoncé. The show, which the singer, her team and the group Destiny's Child came up with, was so entertaining and polished that it seemed as if the audience was watching a 3D clip.
35. Beyoncé came out in a transforming bodysuit, from which she unfastened parts during the performance until only transparent leather lace remained on her. The outfit was invented by the young American couturier Rubin Singer - according to him, the Super Bowl 2013 completely turned his career around. And we join Vogue.com's question: how did it happen that Beyoncé never lost her breath throughout the entire performance?
36. The most epic performance in Super Bowl history goes to Madonna. In the guise of an Egyptian queen, she rode out onto the field in a huge golden chariot, which was carried by hundreds of athletes, and then sang her hit Vogue and several compositions with M.I.A. and Nicki Minaj.
37. The costumes for the show were made by Ricardo Tisci - he has already collaborated with Madonna during her three-year Sticky & Sweet tour. “People say that there is a limit to everything, but there are no borders from Madonna. So glad that after trying herself in different roles, she decided to return to the music scene. Not only to give us music, but also to create fashion, create iconic performances, ”said Tisci. For his Super Bowl performance, he came up with three looks: with a long gold cape, with a long black cape and a short dress with over the knee boots. The dancers' costumes were also ordered by Givenchy.
38. The Black Eyed Peas were still performing in full force back then, and each costume deserved a separate discussion. Fergie wore a leather dress with huge overhead shoulders (like those of American football players) covered with crystals, and her fingers glittered with huge ring claws worn on the last phalanx. The rest of the band were wearing leather suits with built-in LEDs. Plus the costumes of four hundred dancers glowed. Minnesota-based dance studio Just For Kix took on this challenging design and technical work. Six years have passed since then, and LEDs on clothes and shoes are gradually becoming a common place (the future is somewhere nearby).
39. The stage in the form of a purple cartoon letter P, the same guitar and sky-blue pantsuit with an orange shirt: this appearance of Prince is invariably included in all lists of the best images of the singer, and outside of such listings it can be safely called the most obvious proof of what he knew how to wear nuclear colors like no one else.
40. Perhaps the most scandalous costume in the history of the Super Bowl. During the joint performance of Rock Your Body, Timberlake tore off Janet's suit - the right cup of a leather corset, exposing the singer's chest. This incident became so high-profile that the English-language Wikipedia has a separate article dedicated to it. CBS was fined a record 550,000 dollars, critics said Janet's trick was a sign of moral decline in the United States, and Jackson herself had to make a public apology.
41. The singer's PR service later explained that Janet let the suit down, but no one believed them: the singer's nipple was prudently covered with an ornament in the form of the sun. The bare-chested fragment was cut from the Super Bowl recording, but it was sent to each other anyway. YouTube co-founder Javed Karim even believes that the episode was one of the reasons for the popularity of the video platform.
42. Strictly speaking, in 2001 she was not the only one performing at the Super Bowl - the singer was accompanied by Aerosmith, * NSYNC and Mary J. Blige. But Britney was the epitome of the early 2000s. In low-rise white trousers, a crop top and a pierced navel, she was the face of a decade, defining the look of the most fashionable girls for years to come. That same year, Pepsi, the official sponsor of the Super Bowl, shot a commercial starring Britney that looked like a sequel to her performance with Aerosmith.
43. Diana Ross wouldn’t be herself if her Super Bowl performance hadn’t been built around her as the main diva of the nineties. First, she changed four costumes: she came out in a red fluffy dress, which was transformed into a mini; then she appeared in an orange-pink mermaid dress, changed it to a gold cloak with leggings and a fuchsia-colored corset, and ended the performance in a pink and orange suit.
44. Ross flew away from the stadium in a helicopter. Thirdly, people lined up in giant letters Diana Ross - so that they could be seen even from space. Her performance is ranked ninth in the Top 10 Super Bowl Performances: Diana turned the costumes into part numbers for the first time.
45. The press unanimously considers Michael Jackson to be the founding father of the standard halftime performance format - in general, he invented a lot of pop cultural phenomena that did not exist before him. Jackson turned his Super Bowl performance into a hit potpourri for the first time, and produced individual dance routines that flow into each other.
46. The singer's costume became no less legendary than the performance itself: black aviator glasses, a black military jacket with a decorative gold bandolier and black cropped trousers with white socks. The Dsquared2 leather jacket that Beyoncé wore at last year's Super Bowl is a homage to Jackson's 1993 look.
47. It is believed that halftime performance first became a full-fledged pop show in 1991, when the Super Bowl was headlined by boy band New Kids on the Block. Firstly, for their performance, a real Disneyland was built on the field with a huge castle and hundreds of children dressed as Disney characters. Second, all four members of the group could outperform the models from men's glossy magazines: wide-leg trousers with a high waist, a straight jacket under Adidas sweatpants, a vest for a naked body and a golden leather jacket, like Mick Jagger.
48. The king of the twist Chubby Checker in tight black trousers and a silver shirt with a wrap and shoulder pads, plus the famous dance group The Rockettes (44 girls in gold top hats and bodysuits), and 88 more white pianos and pianists - just imagine this party on the football field. After Checker, there were many worthy performances, and some of them were much more spectacular, but there was never more fun in the Super Bowl.
49. Actress and singer Channing became the first artist to perform at the Super Bowl. She told The Guardian that she was asked to perform the hit from the Broadway musical Hello, Dolly! literally a week before the match. That halftime performance was built, by the way, not around her performance, but around the Southern University Orchestra - according to Carol, it was like her debut on Broadway.
50.Channing stepped onto the moving platform stage in a white long coat with a hood trimmed with fluffy fur. Presumably, its author was the American couturier Nolan Miller, and the coat itself later became the hallmark of the actress, and she put it on more than once for her other performances.
The annual game of the National Football League Championship is called the Super Bowl. It is one of the largest sporting events in the United States. The NFL is the highest form of professional football league in the United States and is followed by sports fans across America. Only high-level teams manage to stand out in this tournament, with excellent performances from the best players in this sport. American football fans stick to games and appreciate excellent skills and strategy. Here is the list of the top 30 funny Super Bowl commercials in 2022.
Bemorepanda is ready to watch them with you.
Most funny Super Bowl commercials 2022
1.Jason Momoa Superbowl Commercial
2.Will Ferrell Super Bowl Ad - General Motors
3.Doritos Super Bowl 2020 Commercial Sam Elliott Monologue
The first game was played on January 15, 1967 in the AFL-NFL (American Football League - National Football League) championship. There, the winner of the NFL championship and the champion of the young rival American Football League (AFL) met for the title of world professional American football champion. After the final merger of the two leagues in 1970, the Super Bowl became the game for the NFL title. Since then, the game has been held annually on Sunday immediately after the end of the playoff stage. Initially, it was mid-January, then the game took place in the second half of January, and now it is on the first Sunday in February.
The Super Bowl games are denoted in Roman numerals rather than the year in which they took place. An NFL season starts in one calendar year and ends in the next, so using the year number is somewhat inconvenient. For example, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers - winner of Super Bowl XXXVII - 2002 NFL season champion, although the title was played in January 2003.
4.Alexa Loses Her Voice – Amazon Super Bowl LII Commercial
5.Planters: Baby Nut - 2020 Super Bowl Commercial
6.Frito Lay Super Bowl Commercial 2021 Marshawn Lynch The Night Before
7.Budweiser Lost Dog Super Bowl Commercial
The Super Bowl is generally the most watched television event of the year in the United States, with many companies spending millions of dollars on in-match advertising. Commercial companies regularly design their most expensive advertisements for this broadcast. As a result, watching and discussing commercials became an important aspect of the event. Also, the start of the game was shifted later and later to capture Sunday night prime time on the US East Coast. The game ended before sunset for the last time in January 1977 in Super Bowl XI.
As a rule, the US anthem is played before the start of each match. Before the start of the game and during the ceremonies, popular singers and musicians perform between the second and third quarters; between the first and second half of the game, during the long break, there is traditionally a mini-show with the participation of rock and pop stars.
Game Day is the second most food consumed in the United States after Thanksgiving.
8.Cheetos Super Bowl Commercial 2021 Mila Kunis, Ashton Kutcher, Shaggy - It Wasn't Me
9.Full Pepsi Commercial | SuperBowl 53 | 2019
10.Full Pepsi Commercial | SuperBowl 53 | 2019Edward Scissorhands - Cadillac Super Bowl Commercial - Edgar Scissorhands - Timothée Chalamet
11.Charlotte McKinney - Carls Jr Ad Commercial - Super Bowl XLIX 2015 - The All Natural Burger
12.Super Bowl 50: Doritos Ad
We used to say that American football is completely different from European football (soccer), but it is somewhat close to the way rugby is played. In the following, we will talk briefly about the main rules of the game of American Football.
The main goal of American football is to accumulate as many points as possible, by taking the ball as far as possible in the opponent's field. And since we're talking about the ball, let's just say that the ball used in this sport is an oval one, similar to the one used on rugby fields, but things are not the same in terms of playing equipment.
If rugby is played without special equipment, in the case of American Football, the players are equipped with special protective equipment, which also includes special helmets.
The duration of an American Football match is 60 minutes at the professional level (4 quarters X 15 minutes) and 48 minutes at the collegiate level. There are breaks in each quarter, with a longer break (12 minutes) at the end of Quarter 2. After each quarter, the pitches change.
13.2020 Lawyer Super Bowl Commercial Video - Hammer In Space!
14.Ad Meter 2019: NFL
15.Snickers Super bowl XLIV 2010 Commercial with Betty White and Abe Vigoda
16.Budweiser Clydesdale Puppy Love Super Bowl 2014 Commercial
17.Pepsi Commercial HD - We Will Rock You (feat. Britney Spears, Beyonce, Pink & Enrique Iglesias)
The timer of the game stops in the following situations - at incomplete passes, at various penalties or injuries, if a player goes out with the ball outside the playing surface, at the change of possession, when scoring or during Time Out. Since 2005, the NFL has reduced the duration of the Play Clock Reset (in cases where the game is stopped when it is less than 10 seconds to the end) to 10 seconds instead of 25 m.
Two teams of 11 players each play on the field, just like in European football. The standard dimensions of the American football field are 100 yards X 53 (1 yard = 0.90 meters), to which are added the two end zones (End Zone) X 10 yards and the posts.
The kick-off was followed by a 30-yard touchdown run by Kicker. The first move of the game is called Snap - The center of the team passes the ball between the legs of a Quarterback, and he can pass / leave it to a teammate or run to the opponent's court. Running with the ball is called Run and can be done by the QuarterBack receiving the ball or a so-called RunningBack.
18.Listen: 60 (NO MORE's Official Super Bowl 49 Ad)
19.Let's Grab a Beer | Anheuser-Busch Super Bowl LV Commercial | :60
20.Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s Super Bowl Commercial 2021: Get Back to Nature
21.Bud Light Seltzer Lemonade - Super Bowl LV - Last Year’s Lemons
Offense is the name of the team that holds the ball and aims to advance in the opposing lines, by passing or running (Run), until it crosses the goal line (Goal Line) and reaches the goal area (End Line).
Defense is the name of the team that defends itself, trying to prevent the opponent from scoring. As the ball rolls around, the ball rolls at 180 degrees.
Changing possession before the end of the 4 attempts is possible and takes place in 2 situations - when an attacker loses the ball out of control or when a defensive player intercepts one of the passes made by those in attack.
22.Chipotle | Can a Burrito Change the World?
23.Coors Big Game Commercial of Your Dreams: Dream Study
24.Cut Out With Cutwater
25.Come Clean to Close the Chore Gap
26.Dexcom Official Big Game Commercial 2021 with Nick Jonas
Each team consists of Offensive, Defensive and Special Team. The latter comes into action in only 3 situations:
- Point - when the ball is kicked away into the opponent's court
- Field Goal - the ball is kicked to / from the opponent's goal
- Kick Off - at the start of the game
The 10-yard rule refers to the 4 attempts that teams receive to try to make 10 yards - if the attacking team fails to advance beyond 10 yards, possession passes to the opposing team. If, on the other hand, he advances over 10 yards, he receives an additional set of 4 attempts.
27.Get Your Stream on With The Disney Bundle | Disney+ | Hulu | ESPN+
28.Doritos 3D | Flat Matthew Super Bowl LV
29.Dr. Squatch Super Bowl LV Commercial 2021 - You're Not A Dish
30.Opportunity Knocks | Fiverr Big Game Commercial Extended Cut (2021)
Points in American Football are scored in the following ways:
- Touchdown - the ball reaches the opponent's End Zone, is worth 6 points and is given a chance to score an extra point
- Extra Point - obtained by transforming or running with the ball into the opponent's court
- After Touchdown, you receive one point if you score a kick (a short Field Goal) and 2 points if you try to reach the End Zone again.
- Field Goal - shooting the ball between the opposing goals, above the horizontal bar is rewarded with 3 points
- Safety - 2 points are awarded when an attacker is grounded in his own End Zone
Any match can end with the victory of one of the two teams or in a draw. During the regular season, games that end in a draw and during which the score does not change even after the Extra Quarter end in a draw. The situation is different in the Play-Off, where, if the tie persists at the end of extra time, the match continues until one of the teams scores.
How the extensions start is determined by tossing a coin. If the team that starts the game scores a touchdown, it wins. If you score a Field Goal, your opponents get a chance to score a Touchdown - for victory or a Field Goal - to continue the game. Only then, the first team to score ends the game, obtaining the points at stake.
Funny memes as residents of Rotterdam are going to throw eggs on Bezos' yacht, for which the bridge will be dismantled
Residents of the Dutch city of Rotterdam are planning to throw rotten eggs on the Y721 superyacht of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos when it passes the historic Koningshaven bridge, the structure must be specially dismantled for this.
On the event page, Rotterdamers are asked to bring a package of rotten eggs or tomatoes to throw at Bezos' yacht. The event is scheduled for June 1, more than 17 thousand people are already interested in it, of which almost 4 thousand are going to come to the bridge. “Rotterdam was built from rubble by residents and we can’t just take it apart for the phallic symbol of a megalomaniac billionaire. Not without a fight! — wrote the organizer of the event, Pablo Strörmann.
Last week, city officials announced the partial removal of the bridge to allow Bezos' $485 million yacht, which is 40 meters high, to pass into the sea. It is expected that the dismantling will take several weeks and will take place in the summer, and the structure will be restored in its current form at the expense of the billionaire. At the same time, the mayor of Rotterdam, Ahmed Abutaleb, said that a final decision had not yet been made.
Koningshaven Bridge was built in the 19th century, it was restored after the bombings during the Second World War, and in 2000 the object was declared a historical monument. After a major overhaul in 2017, the local council promised that the bridge would never be taken down again.
2.Float it under the bridge
4.Suffering of the billionaires
Dutch defenders of old architecture have said they will throw rotten eggs on Jeff Bezos' superyacht if Rotterdam City Hall decides to dismantle part of the 140-year-old Koningshaven (De Hef) bridge, reports De Havenloods. The city is considering temporarily dismantling one of the sections of the iconic metal structure so that Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' new Y721 sailing superyacht can safely overcome this so far impenetrable barrier on its water transportation route.
The rotten egg idea came from an activist named Pablo Strörmann. Ready in case of something to join the protest in this form, he is looking for in Facebook.
“Rotterdam has actually been rebuilt from rubble by locals and we are not going to just let it be taken apart for the sake of a phallic symbol of a megalomaniac billionaire,” Strörmann wrote on the social network with a determined attitude.
At the time of publication of the news, Strörmann's call was of interest to 13,750 people. They agree with Bezos, the initiator of the besieging of the yacht, that having a huge fortune does not give the right to do everything only in accordance with their desires.
7.Build bridges in America
Last week, the mayor of Rotterdam denied reports that a final decision had already been made on the temporary dismantling of the bridge, which was overhauled in 2017. However, Jeff Bezos, as the owner of the yacht and its builder Oceanco, even if they changed their mind and did not insist on dismantling the bridge section, has no alternative course of action. Oceanco built the yacht upriver in the town of Alblasserdam, and from there there is no other route capable of taking the giant ship to the sea.
Part of a historic bridge in the Netherlands will be dismantled to allow the superyacht built for Amazon founder Jeff Bezos to cross the river that runs through Rotterdam, city officials said Thursday.
The middle section of the 95-year-old Koningshaven Bridge will be dismantled this summer to allow a sailing yacht to pass, a spokeswoman for the city of Rotterdam said. The bridge, known as "De Hef", will then be rebuilt, possibly on the same day.
According to a spokesman, Bezos' yacht must pass under all other bridges in Rotterdam. They didn't have an estimate of how much the deconstruction would cost, but she said the shipbuilder would pay, not the people of Rotterdam. There will be no structural changes to the bridge.
Amazon representatives did not respond to requests for comment on the price or destination of the yacht. A spokeswoman for Oceanco, the Dutch yacht company that builds the boat, said in an email Thursday that she could not comment on projects under construction or clients due to privacy concerns.
Boat International, which publishes articles on the superyacht industry, said the 417-foot sailboat will be the largest sailing yacht in the world when completed later this year, surpassing Sea Cloud, a 360-foot sailing vessel built in 1931 and owned by Yacht Portfolio, an investment company based in Malta.
10.We are in the same boat
Mister. Bezos is the second richest person in the world, after Tesla CEO Elon Musk.
The bridge, which is 130 feet long, is not currently in use. Rotterdam tour guide Eddy Le Couvreur said the bridge, designed by Dutch architect Peter Josting and anchored on the Rotterdam skyline, was once used for rail traffic. A vertical drawbridge, it was the first of its kind in the Netherlands and was copied from designs in the United States. The modern industrial aesthetic of the bridge inspired a short film in 1928, he said.
So far, tall ships have passed under the bridge before the masts and taller structures are assembled, he said.
Dennis Tuck, a Labor Party member of the Rotterdam City Council, said he was not opposed to removing the bridge as Mr. Bezos was paying for it - because of the jobs that were to be done on the bridge. “This is a great way for the city to take some of its money,” he said. So said.
This structure is more than just a bridge for the people of Rotterdam,” said Siebe Thyssen, author of The Boy Who Jumped from the Bridge, about a working-class man who jumped off the bridge in 1933. “This is a monument. ," he said. "That's the personality of Rotterdam."
There were big protests when city officials tried to demolish the bridge in the 1990s because it was no longer in use, he said. According to him, the bridge is a reminder of the old days in Rotterdam.
"I think that's why there's so much confusion around Jeff Bezos and his boat," he said, before turning to the allegations against Amazon. "People say, 'Why this guy?' It's a working city, and they all know that Jeff Bezos exploits his workers, of course, so people say, "Why can this guy take down the bridge for his boat?"
As of Thursday, about 500 Facebook users have said they will take part in an event called "Egg Throwing at Jeff Bezos' Superyacht," where they gather at the bridge to throw eggs at the boat. The person listed as the organizer of the event did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Mr. Le Couvreur, who works for Tours by Locals, which connects tourists with local guides, said Rotterdam residents are likely to receive international attention and watch the spectacle. “On the other hand, it shows the unimaginable wealth that people like Bezos have created for themselves, that nothing can stop them from fulfilling their dreams and passions. Worlds, except for those who will watch the ship pass through the city.
11.The king has to pass
13.Are you sure?
15.Smaller support yacht
18.Park my boat in the boat
19.Buy the bridge
20.End world hunger
22.Compensating for something
23.Too damn high
26.Tax the Rich
27.Super Yacht manufactures
29.Enough of this dude
Super Bowl - in American football, the title of the final game for the title of champion of the National Football League (NFL) of the United States of America. The game and its accompanying celebration over the years, Super Bowl Sunday, has become a de facto national holiday in the United States.
The first game was played on January 15, 1967, as part of the AFC-NFC (American Football Conference - National Football Conference) championship. There, the winner of the NFL championship and the champion of the young rival American Football League (AFL) met for the title of world professional American football champion. After the final merger of the two leagues in 1970, the Super Bowl became the game for the NFL title. Since then, the game has been held annually on Sunday immediately after the end of the playoff stage. Initially, it was mid-January, then the game took place in the second half of January, and now on the first Sunday in February.
Bemorepanda prepared some funny memes about Super Bowl.
2.Four times Brady
The Super Bowl is generally the most watched television event of the year in the United States, with many companies spending millions of dollars on in-match advertising. Many popular singers and musicians performed before the start of the game and during the ceremonies between the second and third quarters. Game Day is the second most food consumed day after Thanksgiving. As a rule, the US anthem is played before the start of each match.
The Super Bowl games are denoted in Roman numerals rather than the year in which they took place. The winning team receives the Vince Lombardy Trophy, named after the coach of the Green Bay Packers, which won the first two Super Bowl games. For the first time, the Vince Lombardi Cup was awarded to the Baltimore Colts for winning the Super Bowl V in Miami.
6.The whole game
The Pittsburgh Steelers won 6 Super Bowl games, the most wins of any team; The Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers and New England Patriots have 5 wins each; while the Green Bay Packers and the New York Giants have won 4 games each. There are 13 NFL teams with at least one win, and 10 more teams have never won a Super Bowl. Four teams (Cleveland Browns, Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Houston Texans) have never made it to the Super Bowl.
10.Tom and Gronk
Although it bears the same name as the king sport of the planet, American football is more like rugby, but it is much more complex and spectacular, with billions of dollars being spent annually in the NFL alone. Ranked No. 1 in the list of preferences for people in the United States and Canada, this amazing contact sport is generating huge interest throughout the seasons, and especially during the Super Bowl.
As we said, American football does not enjoy much interest in Europe, but it is easy to see an increase in the number of fans on the old continent, as in other parts of the world, so we have prepared a guide for you. short, but comprehensive, on how to play American Football, NFL, Super Bowl and, of course, the most popular bets on American Football.
Most of those who have researched the history of this phenomenal sport agree that American football has its origins in various ball games played in seventeenth-century Europe, just before the colonization of North America. Under various names, they played on teams and had only one goal - to advance the ball into the opponent's court.
Interestingly, in the 19th century, various variants of American football were introduced to major US colleagues (Harvard, Yale, Princeton), but later the game was banned due to excessive violence.
Around 1880, Walter Camp developed a set of rules, clearly delimiting American rugby football and European football (soccer), and 12 years later, in 1892, American Professional Football was born - with William Pudge "Heffelfinger becoming first paid American football player (plays for Allegheny Athletic Association).
14.Up by 22
15.Lights go on
16.Having a good day
17.The Superbowl outside US
Founded in 1920, the first professional league, the American Professional Football Association, would become the National Football League (NFL) in 1922 - the best-known league in American football.
In 1960, another high-profile league was formed - the American Football League, but 10 years later, it would merge with the NFL, resulting in a single league with no less than 26 teams. This is also the period in which the Super Bowl appeared - the most important match of the season.
The most important annual sporting event held in the United States is, without a doubt, the Super Bowl. We are talking about a match that goes far beyond the idea of two teams fighting on the field for the trophy, an event in which colossal sums are bet, and the seconds of advertising reach record prices.
In 2020, for example, they bet around $ 7 billion on the Super Bowl, and Fox had been selling advertising minutes during the Super Bowl 2020 since December 2019, for a price of about $ 5.6 million / 30 seconds. Super Bowl is from the victory of one of the two teams to the selections you would not have thought of - to which car brand appears first in commercials, Betty White in an advertisement for Snickers, Demi's clothing accessories, Lovato, the first play sung by Shakira or Jennifer Lopez and many other unique selections. Worldwide, the Super Bowl 2020 was watched live by over 150 million viewers.
Super Bowl 55, the 2021 edition, was played on Sunday, February 7, at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa (Florida) and brought the Kansas City Chiefs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers face to face. If The Chiefs are in the Super Bowl for the fourth time, The Bucs are only in their second appearance, the first in 18 years.
This is the second time the two super teams have faced each other this year, but this time they done it with the Lombardi Trophy on the table. Regardless of which of the two teams will prevail, a new page in NFL history will be written, with Tom Brady trying to get his 7th ring in 10 Super Bowl editions and, on the other hand, Patrick Mahomes having the chance to become the youngest QuarterBack to appear in consecutive Super Bowl editions.
Five million dollars for every 30 seconds of advertising. This is one of those crazy numbers that the media spills every year for the Super Bowl, the final of the American football championship. Across the Atlantic, it's a BIG event that brings together nearly 120 million Americans in front of their TVs every year.
Add to that the 40 million foreign viewers and you have one of the most watched sports shows in the world. In France, where American football is far from being the most popular sport, the 49th Super Bowl, broadcast on the night of Sunday 1 to Monday 2 February 2015, on W9, gathered another 258,000 viewers, for an estimated partial market at 9.9%, the second national audience. The channel reached its climax right at the beginning of the match, attracting 483,000 spectators.
27.All the facts
Needless to say, this sport can be confusing for beginners: a lot of stops, fast-paced action, complex rules, and relentless advertising cuts make an NFL game an extended game that lasts an average of 3H12 minutes and in the middle of which the beginner can lose the spectator. easily (or may fall asleep). As a result, in addition to American football fans, many spectators who watch the Super Bowl are attracted primarily by the famous concert at the break.
However, it is an extremely fun sport to watch when you know where to look. American football is a strategy sport in which each team has several hundred different game tactics. Gathered in a book of a few dozen pages ("playing cards"), players must learn them by heart. Each of them having a position, an action, a precise gesture to be performed in each of these tactics.
It is good to know the rules of American football, to know where to follow it is better. In addition to making yourself comfortable in the living room, in front of the TV, it is always possible, as is the American tradition, to share it with friends in a bar.
32.Come on do something
33.I have the same look
34.Everyone be like
36.The rest of world
39.Someone wakes me up
41.Superbowl memes by Europeans
44.Reddit and non Americans
20 buildings that pretend to be something else, including a supermarket in a theater and a school in a mall
Would you like to live in a former prison? And study at the mall? In any case, people were not made any offers before they ended up in buildings that were previously used for a completely different purpose. It is obvious that not all buildings are universal, but this does not stop some businessmen from making a supermarket in the old theater building or converting it into a church into a grocery store. It sounds like a complete fiction, however, these are all real cases that actually happened. 16 buildings that pretend to be something else await you next! Bemorepanda collected some cool pics.
"My apartment building used to be a school."
Starbucks at the site of an old car wash
"This thrift store used to be a bowling alley."
Bank converted to McDonald's
“My house used to be a police station and my bathroom is an old prison cell. The old window is still in place. "
Church converted into a grocery store
"My college used to be a shopping mall."
“The Subway Café I visited today used to be a bank. Instead of removing the vault, they just put the seats inside it. "
This gym used to be a bank
Regular residential building converted to Burger King, Columbus, Georgia, USA
This supermarket in Venice used to be a theater
“My school used to be a bank. My lesson takes place in the vault "
Former gas station remodeled at Starbucks, Miami, Florida, USA
This supermarket used to be a hockey stadium. They even decided not to remove the scoreboard.
“The local Mexican restaurant used to be Chinese. Instead of painting over a drawing on the wall, they just drew a sombrero on the pandas. "
This decommissioned aircraft is now a McDonald's branch, New Zealand.