With all the variety of goods and discounts, we try to buy what we need, whether it be food, cosmetics, or household appliances, as profitably as possible for ourselves. And we feel happy when we manage to save at the same time. But if you knew how the things you use are made, would you just as passionately want to own them?
Unsightly facts, after which we took a fresh look at everyday products and things
The main thing is that it looks attractive and the price suits it. Meanwhile, sometimes it is worth at least a little idea of what happens to the product before it is on the counter.
As it turns out, everything is not as rosy as it seems when you see a product beautifully packaged or served on the table. Because its origin is sometimes very unattractive, which, of course, the consumer can learn about. But we at Bemorepanda, thanks to Reddit users, found out something and are now sharing it with you. And then you decide for yourself what to do with this knowledge. And finally, you will find a bonus of ingredients in favor of orite products that can both surprise and scare you.
1. About garlic. “It reminds me of a documentary series that my father used to watch. The garlic industry is a hell of a lot darker than most people might think. I don't remember everything, but apparently, many Chinese companies that sell garlic to restaurants overseas use prison labor.
These prisoners must peel the garlic entirely by hand, without any tools. Several prisoners were missing nails. If I remember correctly, one man said he had a friend who had to resort to dental help because he had no pins left.
They work unimaginably grueling shifts, during which they must meet their daily quota or face the consequences. They are paid very little if anything at all. They all seemed so unhappy. The show is Rotten, and you can find it on Netflix." — foxglove37 / Reddit.
2. Salted cucumbers. I'm a forklift mechanic, and one of our customers is Mrs. Klein's Pickles. They use concrete outdoor vats for marinating, with no coating on top.
One day, when I was in service, I decided to go up to a small platform where workers stirred the mixture.
When I looked into the first vat, I saw a dead cat, some dead rats, and more bugs than I could count. I almost threw up right there. So far, I have not eaten a single pickled cucumber and will never eat Mrs. Klein's products again." — sober gophers / Reddit
3. “Vodka. Most types of vodka of different price segments are made from the same raw material. I work at an industrial distillery where we produce millions of gallons of high-purity ethanol from corn. We have clients in the beverage industry who dilute our product to 80% or so, pass it through a filter and bottle it for sale. These firms sell their products at prices ranging from $8 to $50 per liter. And do you know what the main difference is? The more expensive a bottle of vodka, the more “beautiful” it is. — AndJuan247 / Reddit
4. “Fruit juices. Freshly squeezed juices don't seem to be all that fresh. A friend whose family owns a mango orchard told me that almost all juice producers buy old fruit leftovers from warehouses, which are then processed into a smooth mass. Further. — Curious_pari / Reddit
5. “Grain. My job is to fumigate the grains with the colorless, poisonous gas phosphine. Wheat, barley, and oats are susceptible to infection by the red flour beetle and weevil.
We are talking about kilograms of insects in a 600-ton bunker. I treat the grain with a particular gas so that the insects die. Unfortunately, there is no way to remove dead pests from the grain, so they end up in the mill, and then they go to bake our bread.” — jtown82 / Reddit.
6. “Coffee and cockroaches are connected…” – demonardvark / Reddit
“For those who don’t know, this happens to coffee because large piles of coffee beans in warehouses and sheds are infested with cockroaches. According to entomologist Douglas Emlen, it’s impossible to remove them completely. So they are ground together with the coffee beans.” — reddit.com
7. “Liquid hand soap. That's ¼ soap and ¾ water. The production uses a special pump and mixer to turn the mixture into a soapy solution. Plus, thoughtful packaging visually increases the volume of goods. You end up paying the same amount as you would for a whole bar of soap, but you are only buying a quarter of it.” — Crapulousmumblecrust / Reddit
8. “Food from the grocery store. Even “fresh” products can end up stale on the shelves. I worked as an assembler in a grocery warehouse that serves seven states.
Everything in our warehouse was unsterile and dirty. But the floor was littered with rotting fallen lettuce leaves, which turned into a stinking slurry. The bed was concrete smeared with jacking oil, tire debris, and other dirt.
The worst thing is that. Many employees lifted these products and put them in boxes. The salary of employees in the picking warehouses depends on the number of packed containers.
Do you want to ask if someone cleans the floor in the warehouses? Wash, but very rarely. So always wash vegetables and fruits, even if the seller says they are washed and organic. — Muninwing / Reddit
9. “Fast food milkshakes. I used to work at a fast food place, and they used to put a mixture in the milkshake that had already curdled and sometimes had mold in it.” — Suyefuji / Reddit
10. Toilet water. Many perfumes are made from the musk glands of animals (musk deer, muskrat, musky duck). They are killed to get them, and it is unpleasant. In addition, some vanilla flavors use a liquid that is released from the base of the beaver's tail." — DudeGuyVR / Reddit
"These products are costly, and both castoreum (a specific odorous secret produced by beavers) and ambergris are used in high-end perfumes." — Waystone / Reddit.
11. Viscose. Clothing made from viscose (an artificial fiber obtained by processing natural cellulose) could be more environmentally friendly. It turned out that the production of viscose creates tons of waste, which is very, very harmful to the environment.” — greetindsfromsaturn / Reddit
12. “Fruit smoothies. People think they're getting their daily dose of fruit, but it's mostly ice, yogurt and high-sugar juice, and just a few pieces of hard fruit." — throwaway36295224 / Reddit
13. "Jelly is a meat product masquerading as dessert."
This applies to anything containing gelatin (gummy bears, etc.) - knockoutroundtwo / Reddit.
14. Phones. People will still buy phones, but the world urgently needs modern gadgets made from materials that do not harm anyone. Why? And so that enslaved children in the Democratic Republic of the Congo are not involved in hard work for cobalt extraction.
Miners can be as young as four years old, paid as little as ten cents an hour (US equivalent), and work 12-hour days, all to extract cobalt (60% of the world's reserves), which is needed to make batteries." — WapperDude/Reddit.
15. “Tropical fruits! After Spain ceded control of its territories in South America, the US invaded several districts in South America to secure access to the Panama Canal and farmland suitable for confiscation and sale to fruit companies. People were killed, dictators were supported, railroads were built, and mangoes were exported.
These banana wars were some of the most egregious acts of US imperialism since Manifest Destiny ("Manifest Destiny" is the term used to describe the widespread belief in the mid-19th century that the United States had a special mission to expand westward). Many of these countries have not yet recovered economically.” — reddit.com
16. “Turkey bacon. It's marketed as a healthier alternative to bacon, but it's a terrible extruded meat product. It's a greasy and unhealthy breakfast food that's worse than a hot dog." —down blanket/Reddit
17. “Fish sauce. The basis for many Thai dishes. The fish is fermented for six months with salt until it becomes a thick slurry. It is then filtered and then stored in containers for years.” — f0nluva / Reddit
18. “About sausage. Anyone who loves sausage should not know how it is made. Otherwise, you won't be able to eat it anymore." — deuxclydion/Reddit
19. “Mica products. I watched a documentary about mica mines in areas where there is usually child labor, and the interviewer asked one girl about her work. She told me how her sister died in the mine and that she works underground daily. Mica is found in almost all cosmetics. — hi_im_a_coffeeholic / Reddit
20. “Batteries for electric vehicles. , and cobalt is a vital component in electric vehicle batteries. However, companies like Tesla are trying to find a way to produce cobalt-free batteries, but no solution has yet been found.” – KingDexter34 / Reddit
21. “Food in a restaurant. As a former waiter, I can say that most people would be shocked at the way their food is prepared and the lack of quality/effort that goes into it. I'm not talking about fine, expensive cuisine because I have never worked in these establishments. I mean inexpensive mass restaurants and cafes. Usually, in such places, cheap low, quality food is used. Watch the movie "Big Grub" in an ordinary, inexpensive chain restaurant. There's a lot of truth in it." — bcjc78 / Reddit
22. “Silk. The extraction of raw silk begins with the cultivation of silkworms on mulberry leaves. As soon as the worms begin to pupate in their cocoons, they are dissolved in boiling water…” — dreadedxalchemy / Reddit
23. “Fake art paintings. Some copyrighted (signed) works of art are fake. I used to work in an art printing house, where we made copies of images by some famous artists.
We were forced to learn all the artists' signatures, and we signed the paintings by hand. We even had special printers that could imitate signatures (by the way, to comply with the law, we also put a warning in small print on the paintings that these were not authentic autographs).
But customers only saw this text after buying. I am sure that most buyers would never have bought the engravings if they knew their signatures were not original. – Dr_Edge_ATX / Reddit
24. “Meat in stores. I worked in 2 different meat departments in 2 grocery stores. is about to go bad. This marinade hides how bad the meat looks and beats off the smell. — Mroder1 / Reddit
"Color of meat. The characteristic bright red color of the meat is the result of treatment with carbon monoxides and food colorings such as Red No. 40 and lycopene extract. ANY red meat is a SCAM." — reddit.com
25. “Inexpensive motorhomes. They are not very high quality and modern. Everything is securely fixed. All supposedly "trendy and new" electronics are outdated and inefficient. Manufacturers use the cheapest materials, and all motorhomes are built in 8 hours. House for rest and travel on wheels. For 8 hours?! Are you seriously?!" — Leftydude777 / Reddit
“When you get into a relatively new and relatively expensive van and touch something, it all feels pretty damn cheap. How do you like the furniture? Cheap chipboard with plastic cladding. The sofa cushions seem stuffed with 20-year-old soft toys. The bathroom door seems to be about to break if you touch it. The list goes on and on. I don’t understand how everything can be so expensive and at the same time seem so cheap.” — sharp/Reddit
26. “Parmesan cheese. An essential ingredient in its production is abomasum (part of the stomach of a young calf, lamb, or kid, in which the enzyme renin is produced). — MasterMirror92 / Reddit
"There's a 'ParmesanGate' video online about the fake parmesan market - it turns out only cows in Italy have the right bacteria, which then gets into their milk, which is used to make real parmesan cheese." — reddit.com
27. "Gelatin." — fundyfisher/Reddit
“Imagine a giant vat filled with thousands of pigskins (or cattle skins) being boiled. The protein is separated from the skin, cleaned, and deodorized. It turns out gelatin. The rest is thrown away. By the way, all this is cooked with bones and tendons. Including sometimes fish is added to the vat. ” — fundyfisher/Reddit
28. “Energy drinks. I worked in a bottling plant. Beverage tanks are never properly cleaned until a build-up affects the taste. Although cleaning the tank is not necessary. The fact is that energy drinks are so acidic and chemical that bacteria and mold do not form in drinks.” — 1skepticalguy/Reddit
29. “Crab chips. First, boil the crabs. This creates a lot of foam on top of the boiling water. It is separated, pressed into shavings, and dried. This is what chips are made from. After I found out about this, I stopped eating them.” — bulwix/Reddit
30. “Wine. . But not only grapes get into the mixer, but also branches, leaves, insects and even mice, etc.” — control / Reddit
31. “Syrup for cocktails. Boil equal parts sugar and water. Let cool. The syrup is ready. — literally step back / Reddit
32. “Citric acid. Most citric acid is produced from fungi of the genus Penicillium. Now I don’t want to eat all the products where there is this acid. ” — LilaInTheMaya / Reddit
33. “Palm oil. After I learned the history of palm plantations to produce palm oil, I made it my mission to cut it out of my life completely.” Junduk / Reddit
“Palm oil is the leading cause of massive deforestation around the world. The most significant production volume falls in South America and Southeast Asia (Indonesia). There are moratoriums on new palm oil plantations, but companies get around this issue by paying criminals to set forest fires so that companies can buy land where the forest used to be for a penny.
Deforestation destroys the habitat of animals such as orangutans and tigers. And all the fires in the forest are also the burning of peat. Peat is, in fact, forest debris, which contains a vast amount of CO2. By burning it, we quickly release all this CO2 into the atmosphere.
Worst of all, the plantations are only good for one or two cycles, then the land is essentially abandoned, and new plantations are created. I believe palm oil production is the most significant environmental disaster in history.” - delayed registration / Reddit.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Thinking of buying a cat and not sure which one to choose? Here is an infographic with top 30 most popular breeds - Bemorepanda
It's easy to tell a pug from a poodle, but what do you really know about the most popular cat breeds? Did you know that there are at least 40 cat breeds in the United States alone - each with its own personality, traits and history?
As far as we know about cats, they are still mysterious creatures. Perhaps getting some basic information about the best cat species in the world will bring us closer to understanding the causes of cat ticks and why humans care about us.
This is a very intelligent cat, known for its curiosity and desire to explore everything around it. It is also a social pet that gets along well with children, dogs and ferrets. However, the Abyssinian is unlikely to end up in your lap, but he will show you love, always being in your presence. These types of cats love attention and would like to
a company, maybe another kitten when you're not home.
The American Bobtail, one of the orange cat breeds, is known for its wild appearance and short tail, as well as loyalty and devotion to their families. They are in tune with human emotions, which many recommend as therapeutic cats.
The American curl is distinguished by its bushy ears, which are wavy at the back and a tail close to the feather.
Ranked 25th on the Cat Fanciers Association's list of the most popular cat breeds of 2018, this is an unusual cat.
It is believed that the ancestors of this cat came to the United States with the first settlers. These cats, which were appreciated and "used" as mousetraps, quickly became popular as pets. Today they are the favorites among Americans and have consistently ranked among the ten most popular cat breeds in the United States.
American Wirehair is very similar to American Shorthair, the main difference being that it has a mustache and a stiff coat, which are thick and thick. Some have even described this coat as "steel wool".
Balinese are easily confused with Siamese cats. After all, they have the same color, size and bright blue eyes. It is even believed that the former actually descended from Siamese cats, which were too chubby to conform to the standards of Siamese breeders. However, the main difference between the two is the long-haired Balinese coat, which gives elegance to the graceful shape of this cat. It is not for nothing that he is named after the dancers of the Balinese temples.
If you have always wanted a reduced version of a leopard or jaguar, the Bengal cat is the way to go. Their size, athletic construction and clothing markings make them look like a miniature wild cat, even if they belong to a domestic cat. But don't be fooled by their appearance. The Bengal is actually a pretty cute and loyal cat.
Birman is a cat with a colorful tip, with a long flowing coat, which is not matte, soft and silky to the touch. Other striking features of these cats are their bright eyes and white paws.
Bombay is like a panther swaying in the wash. Except for the eyes, Bombay is all black, even paws, which is unusual for other black cat breeds. It is a hybrid breed, a cross between the Burmese saber and the American Shorthair breed, first bred in the 1950s.
Thick and dense coats, bear eyes and a signed blue color make these cats a very popular choice among large breed cats. This robust cat is actually the third most popular cat in the United States.
A large cat with thick bones, the Burmese stands out for its rounded shape and short, soft coat, which can be the color of the original saber, as well as light brown, blue and purple.
This medium-sized animal, wool, is one of the best breeds of cats for those who want nothing more than a pet to sit on their lap while watching TV or relaxing.
All cat lovers dream of having a big wild cat. While many gave up this dream because of the obvious danger of keeping a tiger in the house, some American breeders still hoped to create different types of cats that resemble jungle cats and thus developed Chausie, a miniature version. their wild brothers.
Anyone who has seen or stabbed a Cornish Rex knows that there is nothing like it in the world of cats. The large sharp ears, arched back and soft wavy coat are some of the most distinctive features of this cat breed.
Devon Rex is one of the most mischievous and friendly cat breeds. This cat lives to entertain the owners with its stupid antiques and tricks. He loves not only his family. These cute cats get along well with other cats, dogs, rabbits - anything. Because he has an unusual level of socialization and play for cats, Devon Rex is sometimes said to be half cat, half dog and half monkey.
Sometimes referred to as a feline greyhound, this kitten has incredibly fast reflexes, which are only suited to its elegance and grace. The Egyptian cat Mau is also a jumper, so don't be surprised if you see her jumping from incredible heights or if you are sitting on top of a tall library.
For those who want a Persian cat, but do not worry about caring for fluffy breeds of cats, there is Exotic. He looks Persian, but he has short hair. This kitten has a thick body with massive bones, as well as a wonderful plush coat, a flattened face and large round eyes.
It is a medium-sized, muscular cat with a long and thin body. It is also one of the extremely rare breeds of cats.
The Himalayan cat is a cross between Siamese and Persian cats. It has a Persian down and a colorful dot and dark blue eyes of a Siamese cat. Because it is a hybrid, the CFA does not recognize it as a separate breed.
Japanese bobtails are extremely popular cat breeds in their home country and are believed to bring good luck and prosperity. The figure of the seductive cat or Maneki Neko, whom we all know and associate with Japan, actually looks like a coil.
Korat is native to Thailand, where it is considered a living symbol of luck. They belong to the gray cat breed, and with their silver hair and heart-shaped faces, these cats are simply adorable.
LaPerm looks like a cat that has been shampooed for extra volume. It is known for curly hair, which is the result of spontaneous mutation and can be of any color and feline pattern.
28.Maine Coon Cat
Known as the "gentle giant," Maine Coon is the only American cat with long hair. It is also the oldest American breed. People consider the Maine Coon cat to be a cross between a short-haired domestic cat and a long-haired European cat, although many consider it to be a hybrid of a crab and a cat.
29.Norwegian Forest Cat
The strong physique and fluffy fur make this big cat, if not the largest breed of cat, then definitely one of the top five in the world. But don't be fooled by its size, it is actually a kind and caring pet.
Ocicat is another breed specially created to look like a wild cat and delights many feline lovers around the world that they have a leopard, well at least in miniature. Named Ocicat because it looks like an ocelot and a cat, it is a wild kitten with a nice mood.
Certification Dump: Get Certified with Confidence - Our Certification Dumps Guarantee Your Success!"
Get Your Required Exam Dumps Now!
Certification dumps are collections of questions and answers used
to prepare for a certification exam. They are often provided by third-party
companies that specialize in exam preparation. Certification dumps are a
valuable resource for anyone looking to prepare for a certification exam, as
they provide an in-depth overview of the topics and concepts covered on the
exam. Additionally, they are often updated with new and relevant information to
ensure that the material is as fresh and up-to-date as possible. Certification
dumps can save time and money by providing a comprehensive and convenient way
to prepare for a certification exam
Are you planning to take a certification exam but feeling
overwhelmed by the vast amount of information you need to study? Don't worry,
certification dumps can be your ultimate time-saving solution! In this blog
post, we will discuss the benefits of utilizing certification dumps and how
they can enhance your exam preparation.
Certification dumps are sets of exam questions and answers that
are collected from previous test-takers. These dumps are meant to simulate the
actual exam environment and assist candidates in understanding the pattern and
format of the test. They cover all the topics and concepts that are essential
for the examination, making it easier for you to identify the areas where you
need to focus your studies.
1. Time efficiency: The preparation process for certification
exams can be time-consuming, as you need to go through numerous study materials
and practice tests. Certification dumps provide you with a shortcut by
condensing the relevant information into one convenient resource. You can
quickly review and practice the exam questions, saving valuable time for other
aspects of your preparation.
2. Real exam simulation: Using dumps helps you get familiar with
the actual exam environment. By practicing with these dumps, you become
accustomed to the exam structure, time limits, and question types. This
simulation experience reduces test anxiety and