Tips for getting the best sun tan safely
Everyone's favorite and the long-awaited holiday season have begun, the sea, sandy beaches, delicious fruits, and sunbathing. Everyone wants to relax in the sun, whether on a white sandy beach on the shores of the azure sea or a green lawn in the country. But does everyone know how to sunbathe correctly so as not to peel off the next day after spending a sleepless night in a moisturizer? Whatever you decide to get your tan, read on for our tips!
Tips for the best tan
Even though the sun has a beneficial effect on us (it increases the level of serotonin, stimulates the production of vitamin D, and strengthens the immune system), it still has its drawbacks: the risk of getting burned, aging prematurely or getting skin cancer. But all the disadvantages can be reduced to zero by following the simple rules for sunbathing.
Rule 1: Don't Forget Your Sunscreen
It would seem that everyone knows about it. However, how do you choose one that will protect your skin? Different creams provide different levels of protection, which is indicated by the SPF index.
The level of SPF (sun protection factor) determines the effectiveness of counteracting UV radiation on the skin treated with the cream. For example, if your cream has an SPF-20 index, you can get a UV dose without harm to health 20 times more than without using a protective agent. SPF only protects the skin from group B UV rays, which are dangerous for our health.
On sunscreen packages, SPF ranges from 2 to 50. It's essential to determine your skin type. Scientists identify six phototypes, read the descriptions and look for matches:
Phototype 1: people with blond hair, fair skin, and light eyes. Representatives of this type most often burn the sun. It is recommended to stay in the sun for no more than 15 minutes without protection. Creams with SPF-30 and above are suitable.
Phototype 2: people with blond or red hair, gray eyes, and fair skin, often with freckles. Recommended time in the sun: 20 - 30 minutes; creams with SPF-20, and then a minimum of SPF-10.
Phototype 3: people with dark hair, brown eyes, and swarthy skin. Recommended time in the sun: up to 40 minutes without additional protection. To prevent burns while tanning, you need to use creams with SPF-15 only after arriving on vacation and SPF-6 after three to four days.
Phototype 4: brunettes with dark eyes and swarthy skin. Such people often do not suffer from sunlight, but for prevention, it is better to use a cream with SPF-8.
5 and 6 phototypes: people with very dark (up to black) skin. They can spend much time in the sun without protection and only use moisturizers.
Have you identified your phototype? Excellent! However, it is essential to know the rules for applying sunscreen:
1. Apply 20 minutes before sunbathing.
2. Do not forget to reapply the cream according to the instructions.
Rule 2: tan gradually
If everything were simple, spend a few hours in the sun and immediately get the desired tan for the whole year! But don't even dream about it. As practice shows, adherents of this method most often suffer from the negative consequences of sunburn.
The dark pigment that gives our skin its brown color is called melanin. But besides providing shade to the skin, it has another vital function - a protective mechanism that protects the skin from UV rays! Melanin creates a protective barrier around skin cells that scatters dangerous UVB rays. That is why it is essential to accumulate melanin gradually: sunbathe on the first day for 10-15 minutes before lunch and 15-20 after. For a positive effect, add every day for 10 minutes, preventing the skin from reddening in the sun.
Rule 3: Prepare your skin for tanning
Before sunbathing, cleaning the skin of impurities and dead cells is essential. So it will be easier for her to accumulate melanin. You can do this with soft scrubs, a washcloth, or an exfoliating glove. But don't be zealous. It is enough to cleanse the skin in this way once a week and a half.
Rule 4: Don't be in the sun in the middle of the day
The more direct sunlight hits the skin, the more UV it receives. The maximum radiation falls on the time from 10:00 to 16:00. If the health of the skin and the body is dear to you, it is better not to show yourself in the sun at this time. Go outside at this time in light clothes with long sleeves.
It is safest to sunbathe before 10 am and in the evening after 4 pm.
Rule 5: protect the body from the inside
Don't worry; you don't need to eat sunscreen for this. To do this, some products help reduce the adverse effects of UV rays due to the high content of antioxidants. So what are these products:
- fatty fish rich in omega-3: mackerel, tuna, salmon.
- red and orange vegetables and fruits: tomatoes, peppers, oranges, apricots
- any cabbage: broccoli, leafy, cauliflower
- teas: green and black
In addition, there are products that, on the contrary, can increase the negative effect of the sun on the skin, for example, yogurt, cheese, or whole milk.
Rule 6: know the measure.
It makes no sense to sunbathe all day since the body stops producing melanin after 2-3 hours of exposure to the sun. So 4-5 hours in the sun will not give you a chocolate or bronze tan but will only increase the risk of skin damage.
Rule 7: take care of your skin after sunburn.
If you want to keep your tan for longer, do not forget to moisturize your skin after sunbathing. This is important because the body treats excess melanin as a wake-up call that signals damage to the skin. That is why he seeks to quickly get rid of the top tanned layer, making it drier. So it was easier for the body to eliminate damaged cells and exfoliate them.
Use moisturizing creams and lotions and wait with scrubs and rough washcloths.
Well, here are, perhaps, the basic rules that will provide you with the perfect tan!
First aid and treatment for sunburnt skin
From the first warm spring days to the beginning of autumn frosts, dressing as lightly as possible is pleasant to show a beautiful figure. Many spend weekends and vacations on the beach, taking their children with them, believing that sunbathing is suitable for their health. It has been established that exposure to the sun strengthens the immune system, promotes the production of vitamin D, and improves the condition of bone tissues. A soft golden or dark chocolate tan is associated with travel and adventure, holidays on the sea coast, and tropical islands.
But intense exposure to ultraviolet rays is not suitable for health. Sunburn is a protective reaction of the skin, leading to a change in its color. The coloring pigment melanin is produced in its lower layers to protect against ultraviolet radiation. With prolonged exposure to direct sunlight, skin photoagingaccelerates, wrinkles form faster, and the risk of developing neoplasms increases. Another danger of sun exposure is burnt skin. Pain for negligence will be a pain, peeling, or a general deterioration in well-being.
What to do if the skin is sunburned
You can get burned on the beach, walking around the city, working on an individual plot, etc. The sun gradually heats the skin and the head,d a person does not feel discomfort for a long time but notices redness, burning, and tightness when the skin is severely burned. Minor burns can be treated at home, but if blisters develop, see a doctor.
You must go into the room or the shade at the first sign of burning or overheating. If this is not possible, cover open areas of the body with clothes, a towel, or a thick cloth. Replenish the lack of fluid in the body. Drink clean, cool water or warm but not hot tea. To reduce discomfort, if there are no blisters, or open wounds, apply an after-sun cream or other emollient, such as Panthenol, to the skin. If the damage is minor, restoring the skin after a sunburn will take 3-5 days.
Signs of sunburned skin
To prevent deep burns, you must periodically check for burning signs in the sun. The first symptom is redness of the skin. Pain and another discomfort may not be felt. They show up later.
It is necessary to determine the degree of damage to the skin. If there is redness or mild pain but no blisters, you need to provide first aid, and the redness will pass after a few days. Perhaps the skin will begin to peel off. This is not dangerous but increases the risk of a second, more severe burn when exposed to the sun.
If blisters appear, you need to consult a doctor and treat them with anti-burn ointments, drugs that relieve inflammation and prevent infection. Treatment takes place under the supervision of a physician. Patients often have a fever, swelling, headaches, weakness, and palpitations.
If there are burns from sunburn, you need to get dressed and go into the shade or the room. A cool (but not cold) shower or a compress on the affected body parts will help relieve unpleasant symptoms. Cool and cleanse your skin. To quickly restore the damaged epidermis and prevent the appearance of blisters, and peeling, apply an anti-burn ointment with panthenol on it.
If blisters appear, cool the skin, wash with clean water without soap, apply an ointment, and then visit a doctor. He will prescribe a treatment to avoid infection of the wounds that appear after the blisters burst.
If a significant body surface is burned, a person has a fever, dizziness, palpitations, nausea, or vomiting; you need to give an antipyretic, anti-inflammatory drug (Nurofen or others) and quickly deliver it to a medical facility or call an ambulance. Sunburn can cause disturbances in the functioning of the cardiovascular system.
First aid for burns caused by ultraviolet radiation should be provided as soon as possible. But not always in the home first-aid kit; there are the necessary medicines. They can be replaced with folk remedies. To improve the general condition without antipyretics, you can drink cool black or green tea with lemon and mineral water if the temperature has risen slightly. You can apply a cool compress to your forehead.
To cool and soothe burned skin, you can make a gauze compress from excellent green tea, a decoction of parsley, chamomile, calendula, and oak bark. If the face turns red after going to the beach or walking on a sunny day, you can apply fresh cabbage leaves and chopped parsley to the burnt places and grease them with honey. They will help with minor burns and prevent peeling, and you will look good the next day. To reduce the risk of infection of burned areas and moisturize them, you can rub the skin with aloe leaves.
What not to do with sunburn
Complications after sunburn often arise due to improper treatment. So that they pass without consequences:
- do not apply ice to burned areas, do not take a cold shower - a sharp temperature drop will accelerate the development of the inflammatory process;
- do not puncture blisters with a needle or other sharp objects - this increases the risk of infection;
- do not wipe the skin with alcohol-containing solutions - it needs to be moisturized, and alcohol dries it, which will increase peeling;
- do not lubricate burned areas with olive, sunflower, or other vegetable oils - they form a greasy film, which prevents regular air exchange and natural cooling;
- if there are blisters, there are wounds, or acne - do not apply fermented milk products;
- do not use hard washcloths or peels to speed up exfoliation; you can injure the skin.
At this time, you need to soften it, moisturize, and protect it from ultraviolet radiation with sunscreen or tight clothes, do not use scrubs, or hard washcloths, do not go to the sauna, and do not take hot baths.
How to choose a cosmetic product that protects against ultraviolet radiation
Sun cream can have different levels of protection. SPF denotes it with various coefficients. For a walk around the city on a clear spring day, a cream with SPF 2-5 is enough. If you are going to be on the street for several hours (picnic, work in the garden), you need a remedy with SPF 5-10. For those with white skin prone to freckling, it is best to use sunscreen products that provide intense protection (SPF 20-30). If you vacation to a hotter region, take an SPF 50 cream with you, such as Avene cream. If you want to swim, use a waterproof product. Sunscreen should be applied 20 minutes before leaving the house.
Choose products containing vitamins and antioxidants to look good on hot days and prevent the appearance of early wrinkles. They protect not only from ultraviolet rays but also take care of the skin.
How to choose creams after sunburn
To make the skin recover quickly after sunbathing, and look beautiful and fresh, use an after-sun cream or milk. It contains hydrants that replenish water in cells and soothing and softening ingredients that prevent flaking. To quickly pass minor burns, you can use not medicinal but cosmetics. It is convenient to use cosmetics that are available in the form of sprays, for example, Avene. By pressing the sprayer several times, you will evenly apply the product.
Sprays or creams are available that need to be rubbed with light massage movements for the face and body. It is better to purchase two products of the same brand: one for the front, where the skin is more delicate and demanding to care for, and the other for the body. Use them every time you go out in the sun to rehydrate and prevent photoaging.
After-sun cosmetics are available for different skin types. For oily, a lighter texture is needed; for dry, high hyaluronic acid content; for sensitive, aloe extract and other medicinal plants.
Prevention of sunburn
For the tan to look beautiful and there to be no burns, you need to dose your exposure to the sun. The best sunbathing is before 10-11 am and after 4-5 pm. Try not to go out in the sun between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. Wear wide-brimmed hats, peaked caps, or other head coverings to protect your face and body from direct sunlight. Do not forget about eye protection - sunglasses will help maintain vision and slow down the formation of wrinkles in the corners of the eyes.
On hot days, dress in loose, light-colored clothing made from natural fabrics. It reflects ultraviolet rays well and does not interfere with air exchange. If you have delicate, fair skin prone to sunburn, cover your shoulders and back, choose dresses, shirts, and long-sleeved T-shirts.
Drink more clean water and tea, but give up sugary carbonated drinks and coffee. They have a diuretic effect and accelerate the loss of moisture. And it is needed by the body to release sweat and naturally cool the skin.
Apply sunscreen regularly to exposed areas of your body, even if you have to walk down the street for a short time on a sunny day. At the beach, renew it every 2 hours and after swimming.
100 tips from centenarians - that's who you should listen to!
Here is collected a unique look at the life of long-lived people from all over the world. Everyone has their own recipe for happiness and longevity, but everyone deserves attention. These people have a lot to say and are worth listening to. Motivation for everyone who wants to live a long and happy life.
Here is their collective universal recipe for happiness and longevity:
Ruth, at the age of 92, began a weekly Pilates class. Has an excellent sense of taste.
1. Don't look at the calendar. Let every day be a holiday!
2. Buy only quality items, they will never go out of style.
3. I go outside every day. Even just to walk around the house. The secret of youth is in motion.
A 100-year-old doctor who is still practicing today. He shares a couple of tips from alternative medicine.
4. I think exercise is completely unnecessary. Their value is overrated.
5. Forget about taking vitamins. And it is not necessary to visit doctors often.
6. Fall in love, get married! Sex is also very helpful.
Long-lived advice about love, forgiveness and passion.
7. Even if you feel hate, keep it to yourself. Under no circumstances should you hurt others.
8. Keep believing in love.
9. No one can control you.
10. Feel free to cry.
11. Travel while you are young. Forget about money, experience is much more important than any money.
12. Don't compare. Otherwise you will never be happy. The grass is always greener on the other side.
13. If you feel uncomfortable dating someone, then you should not start a relationship with this person.
14. Do something nice for yourself every day.
15. Don't be stingy.
17. Find your passion and live it.
18. In most cases, problems will resolve themselves.
19. Everything is in your hands, make the right choice - do not choose only parents.
20. Get a pet. Sometimes you feel terribly lonely, and pets remind us that we are all living beings.
21. I will not advise you to profess or not to profess this or that religion. Just find what you believe in and live by it.
22. Learn to adapt.
23. Take your time to mourn the loss.
For 100-year-old Adrine Lee, the secret to longevity lies in four simple tips.
24. Keep going forward and never give up.
25. Walk more.
26. I drink tap water.
27. You should not die, even if you really want to.
Lucille Lewis reflects on the path to happiness.
28. Life is joy. Here everything depends on the person. Be satisfied. You don't have to be "happy" all the time, just be content.
29. Love people. Find something in the person to love. In the end, we are all human.
And for others, the key is in education:
30. Get a good education. This is something no one can take away from you.
Advice from Dorothy Custer, 100 years old.
31. Think positively.
32. Exercise every morning. I have a machine, something between a rowing machine and a bicycle. I do 100-200 exercises every morning, I don't leave the bedroom without it.
Some hundred-year-old elders are more active than twenty-year-old couch potatoes. One such long-livers, an avid skier, shares her wisdom with the following generations:
33. Be active. I do everything my own way, like skiing, even though I'm a hundred years old. Few people do this, although they have the strength to do so. I try to eat right, exercise, get plenty of fresh air and sun.
34. Think positively and everything will be fine. When you think negatively, you are poisoning your body. Just smile, they say, laughter is the best medicine.
Tips from the inhabitants of Sardinia, the Italian island, which is known for its large number of centenarians. They share advice about health and medicine.
35. For many years I did not take any medication. I don't think they're all that helpful, and many doctors use you as guinea pigs.
36. Don't die too soon.
The councils of centenarians have something in common - a passion for movement.
37. Keep going forward no matter what.
38. You can pay attention to local problems. But there are so many interesting things in the world!
39. May there always be many people in your house. Different people: young, old, white, black, from all over the world. People have always inspired me.
40. Move forward.
Many centenarians believe in the power of exercise.
41. I lived to this age largely due to the fact that I like to walk and not fall apart in a car seat.
42. I tried everything I learned about: I did ballet and tai chi, yoga. I walked six kilometers a day. So I stayed flexible and also wrote a book.
And others - to life in the style of rock and roll.
43. I spent my health on whiskey and cigarettes. 15 cigarettes a day and a sip of whiskey is the secret to my longevity, my doctor said that I would not last long without it. I'm still alive and can lift my elbows - and it's wonderful!
The 100-year-old doctor has a lot of invaluable advice for young people.
44. We all remember that in childhood we had so much fun that we often forgot to eat and sleep. I think adults should do the same. Do not exhaust yourself with strict rules about dinner and sleep.
45. For breakfast I drink coffee, a glass of milk and orange juice with a tablespoon of olive oil. Olive oil is good for arteries and skin. For lunch, milk and cookies, or nothing if I'm very busy. I never feel hungry because I focus on my work. For dinner, vegetables, some fish with rice and twice a week - 100 grams of lean meat.
46. You should not retire, but if you really want to - not earlier than 65 years old.
47. If the doctor advises you on some tests or surgery, ask him if he would like his wife or child to go through this procedure. Contrary to popular belief, doctors cannot cure everyone. So why multiply the pain with unnecessary operations? I believe that animals and music therapy can do more than doctors realize.
48. If you want to stay healthy, use stairs and carry your own clothes. I take two steps to keep my muscles toned.
49. I am inspired by Robert Browning's poem "Abbot Vogler". My father read it to me. The poet urged us to create great art, not pathetic scribbles. The poem says that we should try to draw such a huge circle that it is impossible to close while we are alive. All that we see is an arc, the goal is beyond our vision, but it is there.
50. Pain is a mysterious thing. And the best way to forget it is to have fun.
51. Do not worry too much about the accumulation of material things. Remember: when the time comes, you will not be able to take anything with you to the other side.
52. Science in itself does not help or heal people.
53. Find your role model and try to achieve more.
54. Living long is wonderful. The first sixty years are easy to work for the benefit of the family and to achieve their goals. And then you have to make an effort to be useful to society. I have been a volunteer since I was 65, and I am still able to work 18 hours a day, seven days a week, enjoying every minute of it.
Some long-livers pay more attention to relationships.
55. I have advice for ladies. Don't marry someone older than you. Marry those who are younger!
What else? Just live!
56. I try not to worry, but just live.
57. I try to trust myself and believe in myself to deal with problems as they come.
Sometimes old people are advised to lead a simple life.
58. I don't eat much. But I try to eat more fruits and vegetables. Less meat and at least twice a week - salmon or sardines.
59. I had a mortgage for less than seven years. I paid everything at once, and I live by this principle until now. That's the whole secret of longevity.
60. Do what you enjoy.
Or is longevity a matter of luck?
61. You must have good genetics.
62. You should be lucky ... all a hundred years.
63. Try not to eat healthy food. I eat whatever I want! The secret to longevity is ice cream.
64. Leave while you are still on horseback.
65. It is extremely important to take care of the mind. I'm taking two courses... and I've studied everything from anti-Semitism to current events.
Modern Fountain of Youth? This is humor.
66. Humor is a life force, a good way to endure the hardships of life.
67. When you laugh at yourself, you prevent others from laughing at you.
68. I think people should be inquisitive. They should be interested in the world that lies beyond their troubles and sufferings. They should be excited about everything new, meeting new people or watching a new play - and just love life.
69. No matter what you do, you can collect album covers of your favorite band. But if you do it with all passion, then you are alive.
70. Age is not a disease.
Advice from baseball fans on how to protect yourself.
71. Try not to get hurt.
The grandson of a 101-year-old grandmother created a post on a well-known resource in which he invited users to ask her any questions. Here's what came out of it:
72. Be honest. I rarely lied. If you are honest with people, it will come back to you and people will be honest with you. Lying is too hard work, no need to overwork yourself.
73. Open your soul and the world will seem less strange.
74. Listen to other people. And you will learn something new. Sit back, because you'll learn a lot more if you listen to others instead of telling how much you know yourself.
75. Love what you do. If you find a job you love, you won't have to work a day in your life.
76. Try to find time every day to take a nap.
77. You have only one family, so stick to it. Whatever the problems - financial or psychological, anyway - hold on to your family. Some days will seem worse to you than others, but it should be so: the night is darkest just before dawn.
78. I try to notice those little things that make our life more beautiful. At times like these, time slows down.
Other long-livers say the following:
79. Do something interesting every day, otherwise you will die.
80. Learning new things will make you happy and keep you sane.
81. Sleep well, try not to worry and enjoy pleasant dreams.
82. I have a lot of activities. I play bingo, do needlework and meditation, go to senior fitness and do yoga. In addition, I do not miss the time of discounts, I run into stores three times a week.
83. Be nice. I have lived such a long life, because I am surrounded by people who love me.
84. I drink whiskey every day and feel great!
85. Be perfect.
Mary Cooper, who is 101 years old, invited a journalist to drive around the city in her car during an interview. She says:
86. I have never drank, smoked or used drugs. And I didn’t let anything upset me—especially traffic.
87. I don't like stress. I can't stand swearing. If someone starts to wind up, I immediately leave. I like to be around positive people, they cheer me up.
What else? In the end, a lot of advice converges on one thing - live life to the fullest.
88. Do not interfere in other people's affairs and do not eat junk food.
89. Laughter helps keep you healthy. If you see the funny in everything, you will live longer. Show me sadness, don't get discouraged. When you laugh, you cannot be angry or sad or feel jealous.
90. Look inside yourself and find tools for yourself. Everyone has them, and they help us live. I have the power of words and imagination. Printer, computer and camera help me fight injustice. If I am given an opportunity to help a person in need, I use that opportunity.
91. May you have a good appetite, many friends and little free time.
92. Need a good wife, double whiskey for the night and a calm disposition.
93. Never run away from responsibility. If you are not responsible for anything, find something that will make you turn inside out. This will help you retain your ability to think, your interest in life, and stay alive longer. I stay vigilant because I'm working. Virtue needs no reward.
94. It is very important to keep an inquisitive mind.
95. Be an attentive, active and cultured person. Don't dance to someone else's tune.
96. Don't smoke, don't drink, and don't give up.
97. Live one day and catch the wave.
98. You can wish for happiness, but I created all the best in difficult times. I also eat prunes every day.
99. Do what you must. Don't think, just do.
100. Calm down and enjoy life, what to be, that cannot be avoided. And if you have a slight cold, drink Baileys before going to bed - the next morning everything will be all right.
80 fitness tips to help you develop healthy lifestyle habits
Everyone imagines a healthy lifestyle in their own way. Someone believes that if he does not drink or smoke, then he leads a healthy lifestyle. For others, it is about proper nutrition. And still others see the key to good health and excellent physical shape primarily in sports.
What will help keep yourself in good physical shape
It is clear that what works for one may not work for another. Therefore, if we talk, for example, about fitness, it is important not only to exhaust yourself with training (which, by the way, many people sin), but also to think about what you need and what you should not eat, and also motivate yourself so that the desire to exercise does not disappear, especially for beginners, to whom the result is given in almost a week.
And here it is necessary to form the right habits in yourself - they will help to achieve the desired goal. To do this, we at Bemorepanda have found suitable tips on the Web that you can use.
However, here it is important not so much to get acquainted with them and start applying, but rather to understand why you need it and why. Only then will you succeed in your endeavors.
Again, there is no one-size-fits-all advice, but one good habit can lead to another, a third, and so on. So try. And your body will certainly thank you, you'll see!
1. Do exercises that you enjoy.
This makes them easier to stick to.
2. Try to get at least 150 minutes of physical activity a week.
3. Try not to eat at your desk.
With more and more people working remotely, it's important to eat in a designated area (dining room, kitchen, cafeteria, etc.) and not at your desk. Eating and working at the same time diverts attention from eating. Plus, eating at your desk can be less enjoyable and faster, and you're likely to crave more soon after.
4. Try to cook at home.
You will be able to choose the ingredients and evaluate the nutritional value of your meals. Plus, it saves money!
5. Forget about perfectionism.
Set small goals and work towards them.
6. Keep alcohol consumption to a minimum.
Beware: Liquid calories add up quickly.
7. Don't party on an empty stomach.
You will hardly find chicken with rice and vegetables at a party. In addition, drinking on an empty stomach is not only unhealthy, but can also lead to a terrible hangover, which often provokes junk food cravings the next day.
8. Take care of a healthy diet.
When you feel like snacking, it's best to make healthier options.
9. Find other ways to track your progress than just stepping on the scale.
For example, pay attention to how you feel after jogging, walking, and so on.
10. Show off your results.
Celebrating small victories evokes feelings of happiness and pride. This encourages perseverance in achieving the next small steps and, ultimately, the main goal.
11. Consider buying a reusable water bottle to carry with you.
12. Make movement part of your daily routine.
13. Reduce the calories in your coffee.
14. Incorporate strength training into your workouts.
15. Take rest days.
Rest days help prevent injury and allow the body to heal and recover.
16. Train with someone.
Researchers say that working out with other people is associated with lower stress levels and improved quality of life.
17. Exercise in the morning.
While it doesn't matter when you exercise, you're more likely to come up with excuses to skip your workout later in the day.
18. Reward yourself.
Watch a TV show, get a massage, or take a bath.
19. Don't be too hard on yourself.
20. Don't stop halfway.
Increase the intensity of training gradually, so it will be easier for you to achieve your goals.
21. Create small, measurable goals that you can check regularly.
This is how you control your motivation.
22. If you have a seated job, consider buying a desk that you can work at standing up, or try to get up for about 15 minutes every hour.
23. Approach every day like a clean slate.
If you didn't reach your goals the day before, there's always another day. You don't have to drop all the goals combined.
24. Stop comparing yourself to others.
25. Listen to motivating music.
Music can greatly influence your mood and motivation, so motivating music during your workout can help you push yourself to work out and really enjoy it.
26. Warm up is essential to avoid injury.
27. Outdoor workout.
Connecting with mother nature can help you feel much better and achieve better results.
28. Be wary of influencers selling "quick fixes".
Losing weight takes time, effort and hard work, and there is no quick fix. Diet pills, slimming teas, wraps, slimming creams and patches are SCAM.
29. Plan your workout the same way you would if it were a meeting.
Treat her the same way.
30. Have patience.
31. Beware of triggers that can cause stress.
32. If you're training for endurance, prepare.
This form of training is very demanding on your body, so make sure you are eating well and getting enough fluids.
33. Eat a variety of fruits and vegetables as close to their natural state as possible.
34. Drink plenty of water.
35. Eat smaller portions.
Serving size is important when you are training for weight loss.
36. If you lack motivation, try buying new workout equipment.
37. Eat slowly.
This will keep you from overeating.
38. Put your health and fitness at the top of your priority list.
39. Don't skip more than one workout.
Not all workouts need to be high intensity (they don't have to!), but consistency is key.
40. Eat mindfully.
Ask yourself if you are really hungry or if you are just stress eating.
41. Don't overeat.
42. Make a list of things that annoy you.
You may be able to solve some of them by freeing your mind to focus on fitness.
43. Push your boundaries.
Pushing your limits doesn't mean adding weight to every workout. However, working within what you can already do is not the way to progress.
44. If you want to lose weight, burn more calories than you eat.
From a biological standpoint, weight loss is about "calorie intake versus calories expended."
45. Get enough sleep.
According to a study, those who sleep less than 8 hours each night are 70% more likely to get injured than those who sleep more than 8 hours.
46. Use the right shoes.
Comfortable shoes can greatly improve your workouts.
47. Be consistent in your workouts.
This is the key to seeing the results of your work.
48. Stretching after a workout.
Stretching is essential to keep muscles strong, flexible, and healthy. Without it, the muscles shorten and tighten and may become weak and unable to fully stretch during the next workout.
49. If the road to the gym is too tiring, work out at home.
50. If you have a busy schedule, prepare meals and snacks ahead of time.
51. Don't start with big weights. Move up slowly.
52. Train according to your goals.
If you want to achieve greater results, consider reducing the amount of cardio. Cardio can burn too many calories if your goal is to gain mass.
53. Track your progress with photos.
You may not notice progress by taking pictures every day. But if you compare once a week, you can see the difference.
54. Find a workout buddy.
Not only is it nice to have company, but playing sports together can be a great motivational tool.
55. Use an aerobic stepper to intensify your strength training.
Incorporating a stepper into a strength workout can make it more challenging without adding more weight.
56. Avoid processed foods.
57. Follow the 80/20 rule and try to eat healthy 80% of the time.
58. Set actionable rules for yourself.
Whether it's diet rules, exercise, or any other rules, make sure they're manageable and you can stick to them.
59. Try a foam roller to relieve muscle tension and joint pain.
60. Track your calories.
Intuitive eating is not for everyone. People tend to underestimate the number of calories they consume, so tracking your intake can help you better manage them. However, don't let this become an obsession.
61. Try a fitness app.
This can help you keep track of your progress.
62. Try not to get hung up on the same routine.
They say old ways won't open new doors. Breaking through a plateau often requires changing your routine. No drastic changes are required, but they are enough to push you out of your comfort zone.
63. Check portion sizes.
Often, the number of calories listed corresponds to a certain serving size, so if you eat twice as many servings, you are consuming twice as many calories.
64. Consider a fitness tracker to track your progress.
65. Understand the basics of muscle building and training.
Talk to a professional or do your own research online and research the topic yourself.
66. Work to a full range of motion.
Don't look for shortcuts.
67. If your goal is to improve your strength, learn the basics and understand them.
68. Satisfy your sweet tooth wisely.
People who consume less sugar end up with a more sustainable weight. When you crave something sweet, think fruit first.
69. Keep a fitness diary.
70. Find a reason why you want to become healthy and fit.
71. Track your workouts.
Mark the days you train and you can repeat the week that gave you the best results.
72. Drink tea.
In addition to many other health benefits, it can also help with digestion.
73. Make a list of habits that you would like to acquire and which need to be abandoned.
74. Read the success stories of others.
This can be a great way to motivate yourself to reach your own goals.
75. Try circuit training.
You don't have to worry about getting bored when you practice circuit training. Circuit training increases your heart rate while strengthening your muscles.
76. Follow your favorite fitness gurus to keep you motivated and inspired.
77. Plan ahead.
Use Sunday as a "preparation" day for the week. Buy healthy foods, snacks, and other things you might need for the coming week.
78. Use marathons as motivation.
Dedicate yourself to training to prepare for a particular marathon.
79. Make frozen fruit smoothies.
Smoothies are great if you're in a hurry or on the go. While relying on "liquid" calories is usually avoided, smoothies can be the perfect quick snack.
80. Use sunscreen if you exercise outdoors.
3 Essential Tips to Promote Productivity among Students
Whether in college or high school, these are the challenging chapters of your life. It can be hard to manage your social life, family, studies, and maybe even a part-time job. If you are unable to accomplish everything together, it’s pretty standard.
First, you must realize that panic and procrastination can never get you anywhere. No matter how committed you are, you can also face the dreaded mental block or fatigue every now and then. Of course, no student is unaware of thousands of distractions surrounding us.
Take a deep breath, and realize that you are not alone in this struggle. Many students struggle on a daily basis to juggle their personal, social, and student life together. Instead of panicking about the problem, focus on getting an effective solution.
Here are a few productivity hacks to accomplish more and meet your deadlines.
1. Plan Ahead
As a student, it is essential to plan and schedule ahead. You can use a planner to create a daily, monthly, and semester-wise calendar of your activities to cover all the basics. You can also convert the calendar JPG to PDF to access your schedule on the go.
Planning can help you ace your academic life and beyond. Even after you complete your degree and step into your professional life, you can benefit from the habit of planning.
2. Create a To-Do List
It can be challenging for students to create a schedule as they are always stuck with the overwhelming pressure of deadlines, cramming for tests, and managing their personal life. If you know a fellow student who can do everything, you may see them as an ideal figure.
You can be just like them by organizing and creating a to-do list. You will only get more stressed if you do not gather the pending work in an index. Instead of getting the job done, stress will make you miss deadlines and fall behind on your courses.
Once you miss a deadline, things can spiral quickly. Work will start bundling up, and you will feed beyond saving at some point. Whereas, if you have a to-do list, you can cover all your course tasks by task and make the most of the time on hand.
3. Turn Off Distractions
It may seem impossible to survive without your phone, but it may be the biggest reason you fall behind on deadlines. In this modern age, there are many more distractions for students. You may waste a lot of time daily, from checking emails to scrolling through social media for hours.
Yes, social media can be addictive but it’s all about prioritizing. Solving this problem is to kill all the distractions in your dedicated study hours. Turn your phone to silent, go to your dedicated study table and get to studying.
When the distractions are at bay, you can focus better and accomplish more quickly. This way, even if you do not dedicate much time, you can achieve more with dedication.
Singing a little song with his tippytaps.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.