50 most interesting and fun facts about the International Women's Day that you need to know in 2022
Women and men are two opposites, two parallel, but at the same time, inseparable worlds.
Celebrating this holiday, let's not forget that admiration for a woman is not only admiration for her beauty and kindness, but, first of all, a tribute to a working woman, a manifestation of real concern for her.
When you think about what befell our women in the last centuries, it is both breathtaking and a lump comes to the throat: this is a great fate - great in happiness and great in tragedy. They survived the war, got an education, stood on a par with men in the construction of a new state and a new national economy, gave birth and, together with their country, brought up new generations of defenders and builders. Injustice sipped during the years of repression. And then they stood next to their husbands, brothers and sons during the years of the invasions and defended their state - at anti-aircraft guns, at the controls of aircraft, in medical battalions, at walkie-talkies and traffic controllers on military roads, in partisan detachments and underground, behind machine tools, in design bureaus , on the collective farm fields and so on.
The women's holiday began to "split up", Valentine's Day, Mother's Day appeared, they started talking about analogies even in the church calendar.
A special Mother's Day is good, but not as an alternative to Women's Day, but in addition to it. The understanding that we are talking about the one who is called to be a wife and mother, repeat this again, cannot and should not be removed from the image of a woman honored on Women's Day, from our, masculine, attitude towards her in principle. Especially from the attitude of our sons and grandchildren towards her, including when it comes to their peers.
Bemorepanda collected some interesting facts about International women's Day 2022.
1. In Portugal, women celebrate March 8 exclusively in the company of their friends, arranging bachelorette parties. Men are not allowed to attend such meetings.
2. The meaning of the holiday has changed more than once. Moreover, many women still understand the meaning of March 8 in different ways. But traditionally it was a celebration of the women's struggle for gender equality and the advancement of women around the world.
3. An analogue of March 8 was celebrated in ancient Rome. There is evidence that back then there was a special day when women received gifts, and slaves could rest.
4. In India, Women's Day is celebrated in October, and it lasts for about 10 days.
5. But in Japan, almost the entire month of March is devoted to holidays for women. This list includes not only International Women's Day, but also holidays of dolls, peach blossoms and girls.
6. The 2015 UN Women's Report found that despite women working longer than men, when taking into account both paid and unpaid work, women worldwide still earn on average 24% less than men. The largest wage gap, 33%, is found in South Asia.
It is unlikely that anyone will object to honoring believing women on the third Sunday after Easter, the Sunday of the Holy Myrrh-bearing Women, but one cannot fail to understand that the vector of the feeling honored on this holiday is different: from women to the One who came into our world in the form of a man. If we talk about the moment of the Gospel story, which most conveys the sacredness of the relationship to a woman and mother, then these are the words spoken by Jesus Christ at the dying moment, addressed to the Virgin Mary: "Woman! behold, your son." Note, not a brother in Christ, but a son; not a sister, but a mother. Moreover, we are talking about a personal call, not to all those of the students who were present at the execution, but only to one of them. And to Her - not about all of them, but only one of them, the one to whom Christ commanded a very important thing: to take Her into his house.
So on Women's Day on 8th March, let's hug all our wonderful grandmothers, mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, beloved women, and delight them with beautiful bouquets and gifts dear to their hearts! We will remember those of our dear women who are no longer with us, we will put flowers to their portrait. Congratulations to all our fair sex colleagues at work. Mentally - and whoever can, and personally - we will pay tribute to our truly great contemporaries.
And most importantly: when celebrating this "holiday of admiration for women", let's not forget that admiration for a woman is not only admiration for her beauty and kindness, but, first of all, a tribute to a working woman (by the way, they are not only in age, but also young), a woman-keeper of the hearth, a manifestation of real concern for her!
7. Despite the UN Declaration on the Elimination of Violence against Women, adopted back in 1993, today one in three women worldwide is the victim of physical or sexual violence, which is usually committed by a close intimate partner.
8. Last year, UNICEF reported that more than 500 million women and girls around the world do not have access to private sanitary facilities where they can monitor their menstrual hygiene. That's half a billion women and girls around the world who are unable to meet their basic needs.
9. According to UNICEF, in 2013, about 31 million girls of primary school age and 32 million girls of primary school age were unable to attend school.
10. Originally called International Working Women's Day, the holiday was first observed on 28 February. Women continued to celebrate it on the last Sunday of February until 1913. The first modern International Women's Day was held on March 8 in 1914. The date was chosen because that year March 8 fell on a Sunday when most women did not work, allowing them to participate in marches and other activities. Since then, the holiday has been celebrated on this day.
11. Previously, instead of flowers, sweets or teddy bears, women were awarded diplomas and awards. Different countries, cities and republics have different traditions and holidays.
12. In one of the republics on this bright holiday, the fallen heroes are honored, this republic is called Liberia.
13. Japan has amazing traditions, this country is unique in its holidays. There in March they celebrate 2 holidays for all women. Hina Matsuri, as well as Girls' Day and Peach Blossom.
14. In Italy, it is impossible to fully enjoy the atmosphere of this holiday, as its inhabitants go to work on this day.
15. Women's Day was celebrated in ancient Rome. And, as expected, with gifts and congratulations. The Romans gave presents to spouses, and slaves received a day off.
16. Women speak about 20,000 words a day, which is 13,000 more than men.
17. The 20 richest women in the world inherited money from their father or husband.
18. The average British woman has 19 pairs of shoes but only wears 7.
19. 40% of births in the US are by unmarried women.
20. Women spend almost a year of their lives thinking about what to wear.
21. On average, women cry 30-64 times a year, and men 6-17 times.
22. Israel is the only country in the world where women are called up for military service.
23. A woman's heart beats faster than a man's.
24. . Women have more taste buds than men.
25. Only 2% of women consider themselves beautiful.
26. In 1900, women took part in the Olympic Games for the first time.
27. Women in Niger have an average of 7 children, the highest in the world.
28. Women live longer than men, in part because their immune systems age more slowly.
29. In the US, 30% of businesses are owned by women.
30. The UAE has the largest gender imbalance in the world, with only 100 women for every 219 men in the country.
31. All the women in the world earn $18 trillion and spend $28 trillion!
32. There are 603 million women in countries where domestic violence is not a crime.
33. 80% of those who bought a Fifty Shades of Gray book are women.
34. The only country in the world named after a woman is the island nation of Saint Lucia, which was discovered by Columbus on December 13, 1502 on Saint Lucia's Day.
35. A British study found that the average woman is on a diet for 17 years of her life.
36. Mental bonds in girls begin to form earlier than in boys in childhood and adolescence. That is why women have more developed thought processes and emotional spheres than men.
37. Caligynephobia, also known as venustraphobia, is nothing more than a fear of beautiful women. As a rule, young men suffer from it, and most often this phobia of beauties disappears at an older age, but nevertheless, not all men manage to defeat it even in adulthood.
38. Spasmodic pains in the lower abdomen during menstruation in women can be as strong as in all people during a heart attack. This condition is known as dysmenorrhea, which, just imagine, affects millions of women every month.
39. Women are known to speak 13,000 more words a day than men. Girlfriends, neighbors, work colleagues - well, how can you resist and not say a word.
40. Scientists have conducted studies among women who regularly use lipstick.
41. Women blink about twice as often as men. This seems to be where the expression "blink your eyes" comes from.
42. Ada Lovelace was the first programmer in history. She is best known for the fact that she created a description of a computer, however, the project was developed by a man, Charles Babbage. But she wrote the first program for this machine and introduced the terms "cycle" and "work cell".
43. Women are better than men at remembering where certain things are. How often does your husband ask you to help him find socks, ties or shirts in his own closet? So think after that, who has a better memory.
44. On the street, women tend to focus on buildings and signs, while men use directions and distances to describe paths. Therefore, a woman is more likely to say, "Go straight to the lingerie store, then turn right until you reach the bridge." A man will say differently: “You need to drive 5 km to the north, then turn east on Svoboda Street and continue driving in this direction for another 4 km.”
45. Girls have 11% more neurons than boys in the brain centers that are responsible for language and hearing.
46. Women are better than men at distinguishing shades of colors. Therefore, blue and dark blue are two completely different shades, not to mention pink, purple, purple or mauve.
47. Girls develop fine motor skills earlier than boys. This lends scientific support to the stereotype that women have neater handwriting. And by the way, representatives of both sexes generally write differently.
48. Men's noses are 10% larger than women's. This is due to the fact that men tend to have more muscle mass and require more oxygen, which means that their nostrils are enlarged. The size difference begins to show around age 11, when boys develop muscle and girls develop fat.
49. Compared to men, women have weaker ligaments, so they are more flexible and easier to sit on the splits, for example.
50. Women's skin is much thinner than men's, depletes collagen earlier, and is therefore more prone to wrinkles. In addition, this notorious collagen in the strong half of humanity has a higher density, so they look young much longer.
Woman realizes she can't cut in front of a towed car.
Video is being processed...
Feel free to roam the site while you wait.
Best 40 Wonder Women Funny Memes and Tweets - Bemorepanda
For men, women are the most misunderstood creatures on this earth. They possess a lot of amazing skills that men have only just begun to understand. Although modern science can be helpful in this regard, there are still many other things that men still do not understand how wonderful these qualities are.
From real decisions that have affected the lives of millions of people, to protecting the planet from fantastic beings, here are some of the bravest heroines on screen, ready to risk everything in the name of good. Bemorepanda collected memes about these wonder women.
1.After seeing wonder woman
2.She is beauty
4.Can't be together
9.My boss said
10.How dare you
13.What you're saying
14.Look wonder woman
15.Perfect wonder woman
17.I grow humans
20.At this moment
22.Two kinds of people
23.Call of bey
24.Sick of it
25.Killed a mass
30.Can't work as a movie
31.Floor is lava
33.Do you bleed
34.About wonder woman
35.The right way
37.Wonder woman partner
"Diabetic Father or Sugar Daddy?" - Ukrainian woman looking for a sponsor on a dating site was ridiculed for bad English
Reddit users made fun of a girl looking for a sponsor by the name of Rita, who incorrectly translated part of the profile for a dating site into English. A screenshot of her Tinder profile was posted by DoctorPoopTrain.
The girl’s profile was written in Ukrainian. She indicated that she graduated from the Oles Honchar Dnipro National University. In the profile description, the girl said that she considers herself a Ukrainian propagandist, is attentive to the environment and loves people playing the guitar.
In addition, the Ukrainian wrote that she needed “her own diabetic father” (I need my own Diabetic Father) - the author of a post on Reddit explained that this strange construction is an incorrect automatic translation of the phrase sugar daddy. Literally, it is translated into Russian as "sugar daddy." This term refers to the format of relationships in which wealthy men support girls or boys, who are usually much younger than them.
In the comments, users laughed at the failed translation of Ukrainian. “I was pretty successful at Tinder with an aspartame uncle,” Devilery joked. The girl was also advised to pay attention to the “Glucose grandfather”, “Sugar half-brother” or “Carbohydrate guardian”.
“My father has diabetes, you should definitely send her a picture of his penis!” - wrote diarrhea_shnitzel, but its acuity caused a lot of questions: users were interested in how he got such pictures.
In 2015, the site SeekingArrangement claims to have over 1.4 million students among its members, comprising 42 percent of registrants. Almost one million of these are in the United States.
According to the SeekingArrangement website, 36% of "gifts" received by women using their site was spent on tuition payments, while 23% was used to pay rent. The rest was spent on books, transportation, clothes, and other items. However, more than just students, "sugar-dating" is also prevalent in the older age range
A woman opened an old pendant of her grandmother and found something inside that she did not expect to see there.
When we find an old thing that belongs to our relatives, we expect that it will be somehow connected with the loved ones of this person. For example, when we find a family photo album, we assume that inside there will be pictures of your parents, grandparents, and brothers and sisters. But when a woman named Daisy Alioto found a beautiful heart-shaped pendant that belonged to her grandmother and opened it, inside she did not find a photograph of her close relatives. But there were pictures that did not disappoint her in the least.
American writer and editor Daisy Alioto opened a beautiful antique medallion of her step-grandmother, and what she found inside did not disappoint her for a second, although she was quite surprised
The woman was curious to find out what her step-grandmother kept in this wonderful locket and she tried to find out.
“I spent quite a long time to open my grandmother's antique medallion ...”, - wrote Daisy
What do people usually keep in such heart-shaped pendants? It is logical to assume that the majority put there photographs of people who are close and dear to their hearts, be they their spouses, children or grandchildren.
"... but it was worth it"
However, Granny Daisy had other favorites in the family that she wanted to keep a long memory of.
Inside the heart-shaped pendant were black and white photographs of a golden retriever and a cat, and this find was too cute not to share with others.
Agree, such a find can melt any heart.
The woman tweeted her find and her post went viral, prompting other people to share what is stored in their pendants.
“I hope that if my nephew's children find my pendant, they will not be disappointed either,” said one Web user.
"RIP", another woman wrote, showing a locket containing pictures of her pet
And this soulful snapshot, which is carefully stored inside the pendant, was shared by a third Twitter user
The best and closest friend can be not only a person, but also a beloved and dear pet.